[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beginner RPG System

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20161130_121253.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161130_121253.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
Hi guys, I'm a new DM running a fairly trad fantasy game soon for new players and I need a system. Dungeon World is appealing, but neither me nor my players like its class based race restrictions.

If it has any influence at all on your advice the setting I have sketched is based on Dark Ages Britain and I've made sure all of the core classes and races have their place, I think it's a setting which gives the players a lot of threats and agency and they should find it compelling.
>>
>>50895860
Dungeon World is one of those systems that really needs a GM that can play it. It's a bit, special let's just say.

Personally I love playing it (even if there are some stuffs in it that suck) but that's mainly because my GM's really good with the system. I tried running it 2x and neither time did I have any fun. The GMing side of the system's just not for me.

I'd say that give it a try. If it's not working for you then just switch to something else.
>>
>>50895860
Dungeon World is one of those systems that really needs a GM that can play it. It's a bit, special let's just say.

Personally I love playing it (even if there are some stuffs in it that suck) but that's mainly because my GM's really good with the system. I tried running it 2x and neither time did I have any fun. The GM-ing side of the system's just not for me.

I'd say that give it a try. If it's not working for you then just switch to something else.
>>
>>50895860
Apocalypse World: Fallen Empires.
>>
>>50896631
>>50896549
How did I manage to do this?
>>
I think Pendragon might work for you.
>>
>>50895860
There's a LOT of fan material for DW, including a bunch of homebrew race/class combos. If you want to expand beyond the ones in the core book, that's pretty easy either using that or just making your own.
>>
File: 1481949031663.gif (1MB, 320x212px) Image search: [Google]
1481949031663.gif
1MB, 320x212px
One of my favorite role-playing experiences was dungeon world, our campaign involved a group of druids that were summoning snakes to kill and eat young women from the nearby village, they would catch a young woman around eighteen to twenty two alone near the waters edge, slithering through the reeds as she filled her bucket with water die morning cooking, then pouncing on her, dragging her down under the water as she kicked separately trying to escape. Kick Kick Kick but yo no avail as she quickly drowned. The characters tried to hunt down the snake but it killed all but one of them including my friends girlfriend who quit role-playing after that (it was her first time). Her character had her breasts punctured by the great snakes fangs and began leaning breast milk onto the snakes throat, driving it into an even more fervent blood frenzy and causing her to be crushes repeatedly against the ground, taking 1d10 damage each time,until her character was dead. She died her last breath move to scream for help but no one heard, and her corpse was dragged down to the depths, to be drowned ans utterly forgotten.
>>
>>50895860

This: >>50897008

That section on how to homebrew your own stuff is handy, because after a session or two you're supposed to customize things for your own world. New moves, new races, stuff like that makes your world feel more alive.
You don't have to stick with the races on the sheet any more than you do the names up top. Feel free to write in your own.
But here's a PDF that gives you racial entries for each race and class, if you like.
>>
>>50897859

t. Virtualobtim
>>
>>50895860
While there are several posters advocating Dungeon World, please note that it is a fairly bad game both in terms of being an Apocalypse World hack and in terms of being a D&D-inspired game.

Before you run Dungeon World, you should read Apocalypse World and use the Fantasy-themed playbooks for Fallen Empires. It seems particularly appropriate for the Dark Ages.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.