[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homebrew Breeding System

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 10-races.jpg (107KB, 730x500px) Image search: [Google]
10-races.jpg
107KB, 730x500px
My DMing style is generally freeform and my players predisposed to shenanigans, but two things I have found are consistently enjoyed by both player and DM is this:

>char Gen
>Loot

With a strong 3rd for
>dice tables

To this end I've struck out to create a d100 system that strongly incorporates breeding and character generation with important choice but strong elements of "randomization" based on how your parent (previous character) lived and with whom they mated.

Starting money, inherited loot, old friends of parent with longer lifespans for allies, ancient blood fueds, etc., all on the table alongside racial/facial traits.

>basic concept

You do the life before, dungeon delve, and post-delve life of an adventurer in 1 sitting. Next sitting/session/2 hours later you're they're descendant.
>>
This might be an awesome idea, flesh it out
>>
>>50894576
So you're saying that your game is going to be crossing four generations in as many weeks, assuming of course a 1-a-week setup.

The system sounds really neato, but maybe have a plan for the course of the world over the next X years while time goes by.
>>
>>50894686
As someone who loves world building and making roll tables, I'll be sure to account for this in the DM section.

Character basics thusfar:

3 Core stats (rate 1-100):

Resolve, Talent, Physique.

An average human has between 20 and 40 of each, but that's for generics--we'll work through characters, then how their genes interact, which comes to an important attribute that may be stupid but I think could be fun:

SEED, a random 1d100 roll, that will be used to contest traits with the other parent. For extra fun, don't tell the player their SEED score until it's time to start having kids.

>What do the stats do?

Mostly act as limiters and bonuses, if you're familiar with WFRP 2e it's like Toughness and Strength Bonuses. If not, suffice to say the 10s column of a stat becomes a number added to\subtracted from certain rolls regarding the player (so a bonus of 5 for 52) but the full number is used when the stat is rolled against.

There's not gonna be lots of leveling up characters so how are we gonna do skills? Here's my thinking.

>Bonus as Limiters

I'm thinking right now you can have Talent Many skills and Resolve Many skill points, while Physique will get broken down a bit more for stuff like being beautiful or strong or agile (to make it a little harder to make a CK2-tier Ubermensch). Could change my mind tho, gotta come up with some skills 1st.
>>
>>50894576

I've been wanting to know what happens when you breed a halfling with a tiefling and a genasi with an elf, and then mated those two results together, and mated that with a goblin. A mad wizard's experiment to create an race of soldiers, to be exact.
>>
>>50894576
>but strong elements of "randomization" based on how your parent (previous character) lived and with whom they mated.

...you plan to make your players use eugenics in character creation?
>>
>>50894909
I imagine that snowballing rather quickly as the Wizard deals with speeding up life cycles of test subjects to iterate more quickly and then trying to isolate whether the organ failures are due to that or the lacking viability of the cross-breed.

>>50894929
Not intentionally nor do I foresee 100% of players min\maxing (unless that's made the only way to proceed reliably), but you raise a good concern--if it's too easy to suss out a character's underlying statistics, it'll become an almost purely meta consideration.
>>
>>50894929

>...you plan to make your players use eugenics in character creation?

One way to address this would be to limit players to one successor per generation, reason being that you're tracing a specific character's bloodline, not cherry picking the family tree.
>>
>>50894576
I'd use 1 and 6 in my breeding system, and hope that none of 6's kids turn out looking like 5.
Assuming physical incompatibility can be overcome, 2 and 3 can join the program.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.