[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warmachine/Hordes General - /wmhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 38

Mk3 list building: http://conflictchamber.com

Warmahords chat: https://discord.gg/KmXzbwD

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
http://textuploader <dot> com / da46m
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata (the actual January one):
http://files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/December2016/WMH-Errata-January-2017.pdf

Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
http://charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

https://wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/2016-wtc-list-statistics/
>WTC List Statistics

https://wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/2016-wtc-objectives-chosen/
>WTC Objectives Statistics

https://wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/wtc-2016-lists-and-datafile/
>WTC Lists
>>
First for Jason Soles.
>>
MADE NEW THREAD BECAUSE OLD ONE WAS AUTOSAGING OFF THE BOARD AND I WANTED A QUESTION OR 3 ANSWERED.

I know of the light Cryx jacks like the deathripper, canker worm, and similar.

are there any other good-looking jacks in that size-range?

what are your opinions on the sexiest jacks in the game in light or heavy?

any light or heavy Jacks that look like good WEAPONS, but not actually EVIL?

what about EVIL LOOKING ONES?(aside from cryx, I know about those, mostly)

are there any stat-blocks for the war-jacks in D&D(any edition) and if so, where are they?
:::
::
:
::
:::
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY I AM ASKING.
I'm running an RPG(D&D 3.5e, shut up I'll upgrade after this one) campaign soonish and there may or may not be a construct manufacturer who goes crazy and builds or starts to build an army.

WarJacks are usually designed to be quite attractive visually, and I want a few pretty pictures to show the party or use to describe the constructs.

warjacks are also very diverse in armament and function

if the party lets any one of a couple specific BBEGs escape they'll look like Cryx 'Jacks.

but if the party is thorough and/or careful they'll have a different look.

can you help me guys?
>>
>>50894670
I'm not sure I understand your specifications. Can you explain better what you are looking for?
>>
>>50894670
Also warmachine started as a 3.5 setting. Look up the old books and you'd get all the stats you need. You could probably find them in the pastebin in the OP
>>
>>50894991
Ideally I want visually striking, small/Light warjacks. in a couple of aesthetics.

something a fantasy NPC could look at and say with certainty and think "yup, thats probably going to kill me"

the Cryx jacks are striking in appearance, but they have a very necromancer-y feel...I want stuff thats sinister looking without skulls or components made of bone.

smaller jacks because I want a D&D party to be capable of killing them.

I also want to see what /tg/ thinks is a "sexy looking" jack just because it's a fun to learn other peoples opinions sometimes

>>50895005
...like, seriously?

>old books
3.5 books, or warmachine books?
>>
Are Bloat Thralls good now?
>>
Can you rank Retribution casters/jacks/units/solos by tier-lever for a noob like me?
>>
>>50895169
If you're shit, ranks are irrelevant.
>>
>>50895218
Can you rank em, please? I`m trying my best to git gud.
>>
>>50895242
If you wanna get good, YOU rank them.
>>
>>50895260
Errr, okay.
Warcasters:
Good tier:
Ossyan, Issyria, Khalesie.
Medium tier:
Dude on a horse, Chick from mk3 starter?
Low tier
Rahn?
Literally Who Tier
The rest
>>
>>50895302
Now explain why. Nigger you ain't gonna get good unless you try and rationalise shit.
>>
File: HAHAHA,GARY.png (46KB, 643x671px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHA,GARY.png
46KB, 643x671px
>>50895324
he's got a point, though I don't like his method. You dont get better by being spoonfed netlists or even general rankings. Experts arent made that way. Do some research if you've got the cards/rules and, if it helps, math it out based on average rolls and comparisons to other units in the army. You'll find parallels, i'm sure.
Know your shit is essentially what it boils down to, and don't be afraid to make mistakes. study it while on the shitter, if you can make no other time. just put time into it.
>>
Is there anything from the starter set that should be magnetize?
>>
>>50895507
No, nothing in Guild Ball really needs that unless you want the model to be easier to transport.
>>
>>50895591

Epic maymay sir +1 xDDdd
>>
>>50895039
What you're looking for is called the Witchfire Trillogy and the d20 monsternomicon, I think all of them are in the paste bin.
>>
>>50895005
found 2 monster manuals, neither one contains very many 'jacks

lot of flavorful half-mech and full necro undead though. might have to incorporate more necromancy...

>>50895618
>Witchfire Trillogy
I'll look again...
>>
>>50895123
>Bloat Thralls
Not until people start taking blobs of single-wound infantry again, then they will be worth considering
>>
>>50895123
No, in fact they're arguably worse because while the errata didn't change them, Haley2 has the ability to disregard your puny low-RAT blasts even harder than she did before.
>>
>>50894670
Before tabletop was a thing, the Iron Kingdoms RPG used the d20 system in a 3e era. The books are from 2001-2004. The pastebin should have a link to someone's file directory with all the books.
>>
>>50896486
>>50895618
found them already, but I'd still like to hear your opinions on sexiest 'Jacks in the game.
>>
>>50896521
Sexiest like which I want to have sex with the most or which one do I find most aesthetically pleasing?

As for the sex thing, I'm not into big girls, but prefer curves and smooth, pale skin, so probably the Gorgon. You know, if I was forced to choose.

As far as which I think looks the best as a robot of war, the stormclad. I played a lot of Guilty Gear as a kid and Ky Kiske was my far and away favorite. He's influenced a fair number of my preferences. Kinda makes me sad we don't have a decent melee combat light in Cygnar.
>>
>>50897280
>which one do I find most aesthetically pleasing?
this

>I'm not into big girls
I am, and if I want sexable bodies then the warwitch siren, or Skarre of the broken coast. granted, I don't know what the other characters might look like cause Cryx is all I have...

>the stormclad.
I'll look it up
>>
>>50895627
You want Liber Mechankia and the Character Guide.
>>
>>50897385
...damn, I still have to convert the 'jacks to D20...but at least I have a set of guidelines now.
>>
>>50894627
No you fool! You've doomed us all!
>>
>>50897359
I personally love the Khadoran jacks as far as sinister looking, especially the new Grolar. For regular jacks I love some Merc ones, like the old metal Nomad and the Rhulic ones, the Cygnar lightning stuff, and the heavily ornamented Protectorate jacks, like the Avatar, Hand of Judgment, Eye of Truth, and the Indictor
>>
>>50897497
Both of those are 3.5 books.
>>
>>50895123
The meta really discourages using single wound infantry because of how many counters to them there are now. Bloat thralls are ironically only good against Cryx now, because Cryx is the only one taking infantry.
>>
>>50897522
That's really not true. People are using generally more jacks, but everyone I see runs at least a squad or two, barring beast/jack lists with specific casters.
>>
>>50897509
Liber Mechankia even has rules for converting the wargame jack stats to 3.5 stats.
>>
>>50897509
>>50897558
yes, but none of them come with more than a couple of pre-statted jacks...I still have to convert jacks from warmachine into 3.5...

>>50897507
I'll look into those.
for best visuals which should I search as painted minis, and which have better illustrations?

khador is the NOT!Russia yes?
>>
I asked it in the last thread but didn't get any responses, how hard would it be to make a Guildball-esque game with warmahordes minis? I don't feel like getting into guildball if it uses a bunch of the same mechanics, and I'd feel pretty good playing sportsball with my CoC guys
>>
>>50897610
Grind, which is Warmachine sports, is supposed to have rules dropping soon-ish. That might be your best bet.
>>
>>50897620
man, I wish I lived in america. I'd love to get a Grindball for subscribing to the magazine, I was planning on subscribing now that they've got all the mini gametypes coming out
>>
>>50898802
>man, I wish I lived in america.

Tell me about it. PP just don't really seem to care if you live outside the US. I don't even want to think about how much it's going to cost to have cards shipped overseas when they stop appearing inside boxes and blisters.
>>
Asking again because old thread is gone. Any sign of the new troll book PDF?
>>
>>50899044
>I don't even want to think about how much it's going to cost to have cards shipped overseas when they stop appearing inside boxes and blisters.
The new cards are going to be free to print. You just put the PDF's on a thumbdrive and go to a copy shop in your town. Shipping is no longer an issue. This is actually a substantial improvement for players outside the US.
>>
>>50895169
>Can you rank Retribution casters/jacks/units/solos by tier-lever for a noob like me?

>>50895417
This is basically it. We can sit here and rank models all day, but reading it won't do a new player any good. Here's tiers for you that actually matter:

Top Tier - the models you've practiced with a whole hell of a lot.
Middle Tier - the models you've only played but not really focused time on mastering.
Bottom Tier - the models you've spent little or no time playing.

That's not hyperbole. As a newb, just pick models you like the look of and get them on the table. Get them on the table A LOT. Play the hell out of them. Don't change up your list until you can say you're at least at a "journeyman" level with every model in it. Your skill as a player is the cake, and your list is just icing.
>>
>>50895302

>kaelyssa
>better than Helena

Wat
>>
>>50899640
None yet that I've seen man
>>
I'm looking into Gators as a second army. From what I understand they're not as good as Hogs right now but I don't really care about that.

Is any caster besides Rask worth looking in to?
>>
Did Thagrosh2 get fucked in MKIII? Nobody plays him anymore.
>>
>>50901333
Nobody played him in Mk2 either.
>>
Are free strikes optional?
>>
>>50901416
There are quite a few lists with him before. But virtually none in MK3
>>
>>50901649
>can
not must
>>
>>50895507

Gonna bump.

Also wondering how to expand the Cryx. I'm happier with cool and playable over boring and unbeatable.
>>
>>50901930
Do you have Venethrax? He seems super cool
counter charging Erebus is dirty tech
>>
>>50901158

Gators are overall at least as good as pigs, they have better beasts and can use the pig infantry in many cases better than the pigs can.

There is a reason that minion tournament pairings have been 'rask plus your other caster' since rask was released. At the last etc there were 12 minion players and 11 rasks, and that was only because two of the minion players were on the same team.
>>
>>50902317

I literally only have the 2 player box. I'm pretty new.
>>
Red pill me on Privateers
>>
any one got no quarter 69 pdf? My game store seems to only get 2 copys of the mag and they get bought up before I know they are out.
>>
Heya there folks, today was my first time using Kodiaks.

First game they didn't do anything, because I tried to flank with them.
Second game, I managed to charge one of my opponents's light jacks, combo-throw it next to his caster and got my Rifle Corps to finish him off for a turn 2 win.
>>
>>50898802

Me too, the players are shit there too.

Would be great to get free wins.
>>
>>50899640
any think in particular you wanna see from it??

I got it for Christmas, but it's not super interesting, but I'm a fruit who likes buying lame nerd books
>>
>>50903241
The painting content really, that's one of the reasons I'm thinking of picking it up for. That and Madrak3 & Seakings fluff
>>
What's really weird with the troll blood command book is it doesn't even have a stat page for all the units.

I know you can get all that shit off warroom, but I'd at least want it all in a book if I buy one.
>>
>>50902343
check out Venny then. he plays Jacks well, and has a ton of depth. Plus he's a giant Skeltal Knight.
>>
>>50901930

As far as what needs to be magnetized in the starter set- not a lot. The Slayer-Chassis jacks are the Slayer, the Reaper, and the Corruptor. You should have a Slayer and a Reaper, and doubling up is not really necessary unless you have a specific list in mind. The Corruptor was one of our worst jacks in MK 2 and while it's dramatically improved, I have yet to see anyone take one in a list. It just feels too confused about what it wants to do. The damn thing doesn't know if it's an arc node, a ranged blaster, or a melee jack and it suffers for the versatility of being able to do all of those things at mediocre efficiency.

Stuff to pick up for Cryx when you have the 2 player box-

If you want more jacks, the best non-character jacks we have are likely to be found in the Seether/Inflictor kit. The Seether is a melee monster, and hits exceptionally hard. It's focus efficient because it charges for free, and it's base P+S of 17 puts it at a higher level than most other jacks in the faction. the Inflictor is more durable, and as one of the only models in the faction with the ability Shield Guard, it lets your more squishy models actually make it to melee by taking bullets for them. The Inflictor combos well with Agathea as well due to having an already decent armor score that she can improve to be very un-Cryx-like.

Some solos could be a pretty cool option for expansion. Warwitch sirens are really nifty multi-use support pieces, and arguably one of our best options. Unlike the Corruptor mentioned above, they're really versatile and skilled at what they do. Soul Trappers are nice 1-point options for when you have small holes in your list and need a cheap option to fill them.

As far as units go, a lot of Cryx players would argue that Satyxis (either Satyxis Raiders with their UA or Satyxis Bloodwitches) are our best infantry. I'd be inclined to agree with them. They're some of our only infantry that make it to melee without being shot off the table.
>>
File: jE31h5r.jpg (800KB, 2268x3246px) Image search: [Google]
jE31h5r.jpg
800KB, 2268x3246px
well, here is the seaking and madrak3 pages

painting stuff was kinda lacking. most of it was stuff from the primal rule book, with 3 paint schemes and a few pages of models probably from no quarter contests
>>
When was the most recent WHAC update?
>>
File: j8ovhSk.jpg (936KB, 2268x3556px) Image search: [Google]
j8ovhSk.jpg
936KB, 2268x3556px
>>
File: 34042_BaneLordTartarus_WEB.jpg (336KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
34042_BaneLordTartarus_WEB.jpg
336KB, 600x600px
>>50902343
>>50903433

Also if you enjoy the Bane Warriors from the starter set, you could always pick up either Bane Lord Tartarus, their UA (which as of the most recent errata now grants them Tough- making it actually worth considering), or both.
>>
When do we get free PDFs of the cards?
>>
>>50903433
>>50903495

Awesome. Thanks for the info! I'll save this info for when I decide to purchase further. Ideally, I'd like to get a JML started.

I was looking at the Satyxis, and they look pretty cool. Likewise, Skaar looks cool, too. I figured my next caster would her or one of the Denegrahs.
>>
>>50903495
Wait wait wait, I've been out of the loop due to finals and Xmas madness - Banez got Tough again?
>>
>>50903754
yea, with officer
>>
File: This_Pleases_The_Captain.jpg (279KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
This_Pleases_The_Captain.jpg
279KB, 1280x720px
>>50903761
>>
File: MCGA.png (155KB, 471x155px) Image search: [Google]
MCGA.png
155KB, 471x155px
>>50903718
I don't know a lot about Skarre (either 1 or 2) in MK 3 other than both of them took some pretty big nerfs. They'll be alright though, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Despite taking some minor nerfs, Deneghra 1 is still the best caster in Cryx (or if one is feeling argumentative, widely considered to be one of the best). She can be incredibly punishing to play against, but she's a bit of a 'turd polisher'. You can take damn near anything you want with Deneghra 1 and she can make it work. If it's not good with her, it's not good with anyone.

Deneghra 2 took a series of HUMONGOUS nerfs and by my own reckoning, is pretty bad now (other players may disagree, but those are my thoughts).

Deneghra 3 is a big expensive battle-engine caster. If you don't mind the price tag, the headache of assembling her, and the headache of transporting such a large model, she's possibly the most balanced of the 3.
>>
File: IMG_20161228_021050_HDR.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161228_021050_HDR.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
Calandra2?
>>
>>50901333

Abby2 just ends up doing what he wants to do but better.
>>
>>50902518
They're fun as fuck. Lots of cheap unique units to make your Sea Dogs/Press Gangers kick even more ass. Pick up First Mate Hawke, Bosun Grogspar and Lord Rockbottom for sure
>>
>>50904904
Yeah, but she doesn't look as cool.
>>
>>50903881
>Deneghra 1 is still the best caster in Cryx
She does almost nothing to deal with shooting, which is the big bugbear of Mk3. And she's still got her traditional weakness to spell denial, since aside from her Feat her kit almost entirely revolves around landing offensive upkeeps on important things.

She's built for a meta that largely doesn't exist right now. She's still good in spite of that, but calling her the best caster in faction is going to set unrealistic expectations.
>>
>>50905591
But infantry sucks in this edition.
>>
File: webdeneghra1.png (373KB, 600x405px) Image search: [Google]
webdeneghra1.png
373KB, 600x405px
>>50905681
There's a caveat that the 'best caster' title is opinion. She has weaknesses, but for a more casual meta with a lot of variety, and that isn't so heavily skewed towards gunlines, I think it's fair to say that Deneghra 1 is a powerful choice.

At the very least, I think you wouldn't be able to say she is bad.

Damn shame about Deneghra 2 though...
>>
>>50902970
>First game they didn't do anything, because I tried to flank with them
This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I don't know why Khador players look at the speed value and say "yep, flanking unit." Usually I put Khador jacks in the center 18 of the board. Any where in there is good and will keep them in the fight and most scenario game.
>>
>>50899999

Nice get
>>
>>50905885

I blame 40k
>>
>>50899999
quints for truth.

I'm a Circle player, and I like playing beast-smash with Kaya2 (soon 3) and Kromac2. I don't play Una and the KFC 10pc bucket. I don't play the fucking tree. And I would kick ass far more often with Kaya/Kromac than either of those two.
>>
>>50905833
I'd argue that Coven is competitive with Denny1 and straight up better into the current meta. But "Denny1 is one of the best casters in Cryx" is undebatable.
>>
>>50905956
Kind of true. Everything starts up further, everything has a gun, everything moves faster. I also see players with 40k background doing this too.
>>
>>50905690

Oh look, someone who has no idea what they're talking about. Infantry is fine, and many Top tier threats are still infantry spam lists. The only Casters who don't have an infantry core are Amon and Karchev. Irusk was playing a point down before the Behemoth point increase just so he didn't have to take more jacks.
>>
Looking to come back and I used to play almost exclusively Talion Charter and was starting some pigs n gators before I had to quit for awhile. Did they make the piratey jacks like the Mariner any better in MK3?
>>
File: IMG_20161228_050419.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161228_050419.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Despite me having painted an entire 75 point army over christmas, I can't rest just yet. The forges of the motherland never rest.

>>50905885
I just wanted to know how and if it would work out. First game with my Irusk 2 list and I felt a little constricted with deployment space, since I am running two max units Winter Guard.
>>
>>50906368
That's something of a built-in limitation on infantry spam, and one of the things that you get better at with practice.
>>
>>50906428
Let me tell you, cramming 28 models into my 10" tough bubble is not easy.

My friend, who's playing Cephalyx struggles with deployment too. At least sometimes; The 4 Heavies Cyphon list is a lot easier to manage than the 5 max units Thexus list.
>>
>>50906494
You don't need to have them in your bubble at all times. Just when they're gonna be taking hits. I used to play Irusk2 also. If you're using Winterguard you can use joe to tough them also.
>>
So I've inherited some Cryx from a friend of mine who left the country. It's not really quite a list either, but it seems to have some ok stuff in it:

Metal Cryx starter box with a broken Denny (most of her spikes have broken off and are lost)
Deathjack
Skarlock Thrall
Tartarus

The closest things I have to infantry is a min unit of Boomhowlers and a min unit of Croe's back from when I dabbled in mercs.

What would it take to give me a decent list out of this?
>>
What a general ranking look like for trollblood warlocks?
I have no experience with any of them
>>
>>50906648

Doomy tier: doomy, doomy3
Not doomy tier: all the rest
>>
>>50906755
even Doom doesn't really stand out that much when most other factions have a Problematic WarCaster

I haven't ran madrak2 since the nerf, but he was my go to for a long while. Still like taking Calandra if I bringing a bunch of warbeasts. Don't really know how good people think they are, most other trolls I see run a doom.
>>
>>50903881

Well, it's good to know that my choices are more than playable because usually the opposite is true. I think I like Den1 more anyway, at least in looks, but Den3 is pretty sweet.
>>
>>50906847
Madrak2 is still good. His feat is just "all of opponent's infantry dies" instead of "opponent loses game".
>>
File: 7922700.jpg (84KB, 550x650px) Image search: [Google]
7922700.jpg
84KB, 550x650px
Which of the troll ranged units are worth taking? they all seem very similar.

I don't have a single one, can they stand on their own without a ranged support warlock?

I'm leaning towards the pummeler and the bushwackers with ua, but this is purely because I like their models and like running artillery in my dwarves list.
>>
>>50894670
>WarJacks are usually designed to be quite attractive visually
Tiny legs, pal. Those wont make anything look good.
>>
>>50907343
Depends on caster and rest of army comp.

I would say the safest bet is fire eaters

The rest, it depends on army comp and caster.

I can't comment on quality of sluggers or pummeler since one just got buffed slightly and other just released.
>>
I have no idea how you guys do it. What the fuck literally.

PP minis are literally some of the hardest shit I've had to clean/prep for painting
>>
I have a hard time figuring out my Carver list. I'm of with just one point, one freaking point to get the list I had imagine (based a lot on the models that I own).

Carver -28

War hog +15
War hog +15
Battle boar +7
Battle boar +7

Rorsh & Brine +15

Farrow Slaughterhousers +11
Full brigands & Warlord +15
Full brigands & Warlord +15

This stops me at 72pts which is one point shy of getting just about any 4p solo in the theme force.
How would you go about it? Is it necessary to have two battle boars? I could diss one and have a good 10p left to spend on other goodies, But I just thought it looked like a solid battle group. problem is that a theme force don't leave you with much options there.

I have based this around a lot of the stuff I own now and here. But I am willing to think outside the box! Any C&C is welcome!
>>
>>50908159
is the mold lines in horrible places or the gaps on large metal models or having to pin heavy arms on top heavy robots?
>>
>>50908380
I've also found them to be the biggest pain in the ass just by the stupid amount of detail on them.
>>
>>50908423
for painting? lots of the pp models take dry brushing really well. The only thing worse are malifaux models.

the one thing I hate the most are a bunch of models have the awkward weapons with 2 sets of hands on the shaft of a sword/staff/axe and you have to align them perfectly to make them fit both sets of arms, or your fucked having to fill in gaps around wrists with greenstuff. I could not get my trollkin champion hero arms on correctly no matter what I tired.
>>
>>50905987
The current question for any Cryx player brave enough to take them to a real tourney is "what are you pairing with Coven?", they're basically at the top of the Cryx shitpile right now.

Another new problem for Denny is that stealth removal is a bit more prolific than it was in Mk2, so despite her having such a nutcrushing kit a lot of her games can suddenly end when five deadeye'd Trenchers and Reinholt decide they've had enough of her shit.
>>
>>50908202

Drop the one Battleboar. Two is bad, and they shouldn't be going in anyways unless the situation is dire. They're too inaccurate and pillow-fisted. Its basically just a primal bot for the majority of the game. Get Efaarit Scouts x2 for free using theme if you are going with infantry.They're just too good to pass up for for free. 22" threat on a gun that can put nice holes in just about anything.

I'd also recommend Dropping Rorsh and Brine and picking up a Roadhog or something. Carver Loves his Battlegroup, and having a SPD 9 heavy with a spray is really good. Then Gobber Chef is your one point filler, or just play a point down.

Themeforce for Carver is decidedly lackluster, and Boss Pig is in an awkward position at the moment. Hes kind of forced to go full beast. a "solid" battle group for him is like 4+ heavies because of his Spell list.
>>
File: Carver.jpg (212KB, 382x812px) Image search: [Google]
Carver.jpg
212KB, 382x812px
>>50908805

>Dropping one battle boar

I can agree with this. They seem fun, but as you say, way to pillow-fisted. And its main thing is only to boost the War hog´s.

>Efaarit schouts x2

This would force me to drop 2x Warlords on my full units of brigands (which I own), and put in two of Privateer press most hideous models (which I don't own... for reasons mentioned above). I get it, they are good, but if I wanted a real ranged list with carver I would have built it way different I think.

>Dropping Rorch & Brine for a road hog

Yes, Carver loves his battle group, but dropping one of the games best lesser warlocks (for its points) for a road hog that, while good, doesn't ad more than what Brine can do himself. I have played to many games where these two have been my ace up the sleeve unit, and won me the game, to pass them up. Id rather cut back on the infantry (loosing a squad of Brigands), and ad a road hog. Though then comes the usefulness of quagmire (gigedi gigedi!) and enters the picture. This spell is great, if you got the infantry to back it up!

Only reason I actually don't own a road hog is, again, its such a ugly model I don't know If I could bare painting it. I have thought about a conversion, but that would cost time and money and I'm just so... frustrated they didn't do a dual kit to begin with!

>Themed force for carver is meh

Well, I can agree with this. You save like 8-12 points to cripple your options severely. And if you don't (like I didn't) take commandos, and god knows what, you're only in it for those extra free points.

>He needs 4+ heavys

Ill go back to the drawing board and see what I can come up with, and hit you again for some feedback, thanks.
>>
File: stages of grief.jpg (31KB, 551x468px) Image search: [Google]
stages of grief.jpg
31KB, 551x468px
So how did you learn to accept Mk3?
>>
>>50909055
Still in the first stage bruh. I play Skorne.
>>
File: Helga.jpg (233KB, 437x1144px) Image search: [Google]
Helga.jpg
233KB, 437x1144px
>>50908805
>>50909026

Alright...

Carver -28

Targ +4

War hog +15
War hog +15
Road hog +16
Battle boar +7

Rorsh & Brine +15
Maximus +4
Swamp Gobber Chef +1

Slaughterhousers +11
Full Brigand & Warlord +15

Now, I know I kept Rorsh & Bryne, and this can be experimented with, leave them out for an additional War hog, or keep them in as a ace up my sleeve.
I lost some very good infantry, but as you say, Carver is mostly about his battle group anyway. The additional boost to the War hogs profile (Move 5 & Reach 1) actually makes these brutes a real threat. The added Road hog is a force to be reckoned with, his threat range of 22" is just awesome and nothing my opponent can ignore.
I added Maximus, not because he´s the best solo, but because I own the guy and think its a great model with ok rules. He might not be that hard, but he is something my opponent will have to deal with. Targ.. well.. Targ is there because I own him to. I guess that Ancillary attack and medicate is bound to do some use at least, but I know he´s hardly worth it in this list. Should I swap him for another useful solo?
>>
>>50908202

A gremlin swarm is 3 points.

Carver knows Quagmire.

A gremlin swarm is incoporeal so tons of things just can't hit it.

You can frequently lock multiple heavies down until their caster can get line of sight to them by just running a gremlin swarm with quagmire on it into base to base.

Carver does fine with battle boars since he can fix both their accuracy (with quagmire) and power (on his feat turn). Having multiple battle boars is not actually bad.
>>
>>50909159

Thats actually a really good idea. I think I have bound myself to the "theme" idea to much. But if I where to break it up I could fit a gremlin swarm in there! Also, a lot of my opposition is Warmachine players with just ads to the fun! Problem is though, this little bugger will find a well placed boosted spell right between the eyes as soon as my opponent understands what I brought him in for!

Alright, back to the table again!
>>
File: Gun boar.jpg (281KB, 354x1342px) Image search: [Google]
Gun boar.jpg
281KB, 354x1342px
>>50909159
>>50909210

So how about this. Skip the theme this time.

Carver -28

War hog +15
War hog +15
Battle boar +15
Battle boar +15

Rorsh & Brine +15
Maximus +4
Gremlin Swarm +3

Slaughterhousers +11
Full Brigands & Warlord +19

I could skip the brigands all in all, but I own like 20 fully painted of them. It seems a tad expensive though to pay 19p for that unit, toolbox or not! I could go for a second slaughterhousers and drop one of the battle boars for a road hog or a third battle boar! Just to boost up my battle group. Is it to risky to play this list with only one Gremlin swarm? Or can I rely that my opponent will have other priorities at hand to actually bother with them? I always have the full unit of brigands as a backup for quagmire!
>>
>>50909231
Why no Wrongeye and Snapjaw though?
>>
>>50909525

Well, several reasons really.
First of, I don't own the model, plain and simple.
Second, I already included a lesser warlock on the top tier scale, despite playing Carver who should buff out his own battle group first and foremost.

They are both great, and I love lesser casters, but Rorsh & Bryne I have been playing for years and they never seem to disappoint. And for their points they seem really solid in mk3!
>>
>>50901158
That depends on your meta but I think all of the Gator casters have a place except for Jaga until infantry comes back as a standard.
>>
File: circle grief.jpg (51KB, 551x468px) Image search: [Google]
circle grief.jpg
51KB, 551x468px
>>50909055
>>
File: dc Cropped.jpg (38KB, 378x432px) Image search: [Google]
dc Cropped.jpg
38KB, 378x432px
I have a dumb question:

Does anyone know where I can pirate Chain Attack's paid content? I find it interesting, but I don't want to pay for it.
>>
>>50909055

I play Menoth, so I'm pretty happy. Wasn't hit too bad in the edition change. Not so OP that everyone hates you and you feel like you have to hold back, but not so shitty that you always feel like you're at a big disadvantage.

And I can't wait for our new theme forcesm along with Feora3 and Eye of Truth.
>>
>>50912728
>Menoth
You play Protectorate.

SKREEONK
>>
>>50909055
I went back to 40k, and fuck me if that isn't a depressing thing to say. GW might be a bunch of incompetent, greedy cunts, but they don't pretend to be anything else. MK3's release, along with the less than satisfactory quality of the final product, left me feeling like PP had repeatedly lied to their playerbase in order to drum up sales for a rushed, poorly balanced game.
>>
>>50909026
>>50909113
>>50909231

>Scouts
>Ugly

Well, you're beyond saving, friendo. And if you're using 2x brigands, Its a goddamned ranged list already. Youve got 24 pow 12-14 guns. Brigands are some of the best infantry in the game at the moment, but Carver doesn't turn them on like say Helga or some of the Gator casters do.

Its slaughterhousers that you should drop, in all honesty. You cant deliver them, and any amount of shooting makes the 11 points dead weight. An errant AOE is going to muck them.

If you do take them, take Saxon Orrik to give them pathfinder at least.

>not dropping Rorsh and Brine
This is the understandable one, but at least 1 roadie is necessary. Like full on essential, with some lists running 4 of them. A 10' spray is going to save your life. You cannot disregard the tech it brings to the table. And not using it because its "ugly"... well, thats your choice i suppose.

>quagmire reliance
This is again, questionable, because quagmire means not double dipping into batten and mobility, you have to pick one. some people are fine with it, but I'd rather have both up. Not going theme and taking gremlins is a good choice though, if not very good vs Certain casters. Its matchup dependant.

From what i'm reading from you, the thing I keep thinking is "this would be better if it was a different caster". But if you're set on Carver, you're set on Carver.
>>
>>50909055
I talked to the playtesters and basically realized that Warmachine's competitive appeal is purely by accident, not on purpose.
>>
>>50912859
MK3 doesn't official release until Summer 2017. Cue the >PP employee replies

The difference between MK1 and MK2 is that they're forcing everybody into the playtest (not a bad thing) and launching a community initiative to developing the game, instead of dragging out sekrit testing and killing off the game as they did with the last one.

I think it's too early to tell, but later 2017 complaints should be valid.

>drum up sales for a rushed, poorly balanced game.
And you went to Warhammer 40k thinking it's better? LOL.
>>
>>50912859
>Except when it's a lot less bullshit than mk2

Okay.
>>
>>50903283
It's not supposed to, they said at Lock and Load that the Command books were casters, beasts/jacks, and "core" support units. Everything else was going to be in the Theme books, but now there won't be stats in books anymore after the Command books.
>>
File: ftrt.jpg (305KB, 987x1061px) Image search: [Google]
ftrt.jpg
305KB, 987x1061px
Yo, /wmhg/, I saw this at a flea-market today in a box of toys and picked it up for 3€. Seemed super-cheap for a model that's sold at the FLGS for, I think, around a hundred. The model is kinda terribly glued, but not irredeemably so. I can probably fix that alongside the shitty basecoat.
Since such an opportunity has presented itself I am wondering if I should start getting into the game; never played Warmahordes, though I am passingly familiar with the rules.
>>
>>50912986
>And you went to Warhammer 40k thinking it's better?

No, I went back to 40k because if I've got to choose between two shitty, unbalanced games, I'll take the one that doesn't pretend to be anything other than a shitty, unbalanced game.
>>
>>50913222
nice trips

also it is undoubtedly missing pieces... But I don't know what it's suppose to look like.
>>
>>50913222
>>50913287
that's a Hyperion from the Retribution of Sycrah, and it looks like it's got damn near everything attached to it.
http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/retribution-of-scyrah/colossals/hyperion
Anything you're missing can be replaced through the Privateer Press Replacement Portal.
http://mispack.privateerpress.com/
Not a bad thing to get for cheap, if you get into the game and run it you just saved a very large chunk of money. Good luck if you start playing!
>>
>>50913222
>>50913287

Thats actually got all it's pieces, if that is indeed a picture of the model you picked up. You're one lucky bastard.
>>
>>50913222
nice one
>>
File: thut.jpg (112KB, 658x575px) Image search: [Google]
thut.jpg
112KB, 658x575px
>>50913287
>>50913360
I think it's missing the middle part of the little fins/antennas on each side of the head and something on the back of each pauldron, since there are indentations and globs of glue there.

>>50913341
Thanks for that, that will be useful, no doubt.

Anything particular I should pick up to begin with, apart from the rulebook and the codex/armybook?
>>
>>50903754
yes,but don't get too excited. They still suck.

>>50903881
Skarres are both good
Denny1 is probably our only real S tier caster
Denny3 is good, makes a perfect castle.

I personally like Venny and Gaspy3, run them with Inflicters. Turn that slayer you got from the starter kit into Erebus. I would say all the character jacks are excellent, even Bathroom can be kind of interesting.

Scaverous is good too but idk he frustrates me. I don't recommend for beginners.

For units you probably want both satyxis + UAs, Nyss Hunters I recommend using GW Wood Elf Archers/3rd party because the Nyss blow to assemble and they are ugly. and Bane KNIGHTS w/ Tartarous.

Skarloc and Withershadow Combine are good, if frustrating. Darragh Wraith is still one of the best pieces in the game, buy him immediately. Warwitch SIrens are very good get 2. Saxon Orrik is good for casters that don't have ghost walk. Wrong Eye and Snapjaw are also almost mandatory for Cryx players.

Consider getting the mk2 starter since it has all the arc nodes you'll ever need and you get a slayer turn into Erebussy. Plus you get Denny1 who is fire.
>>
>>50913243
Funny, I chose the game that
- costs less on a per model and overall basis
- attempts to balance itself
- doesnt invalidate not just shelf, but outright says X is no longer legal entire army lists
- doesn't shit out a new edition every 2-3 years

but hey who knows? :^)
>>
>>50909525

Wrongeye and Snapjaw don't really do anything for pigs. Star Crossed doesn't help pig infantry because their stats are too bad for it to really help, and they don't benefit from Carver's feat because Carver's feat is 'farrow' not 'faction.'

>>50909113

Where's all your free shit in the theme lists, btw? Some of them have 40+ points of infantry, which gives you 2 free non-character solos/UAs/weapon crews so you should at least be tucking in a couple of razorbacks if you don't want to use the scouts.
>>
>>50909055
I went to the 9th Age. Errata actually made me even less inclined to play WMH when they took out all friendly power attacks.

Waiting for Cryx's theme forces but I'm not optemistic.
>>
>>50913495

MK 3 Prime is available online for free, which is the core rule book.

I would also take a look at the store, on PP's website, and look at the models for the Retribution of Scyra, which is the colossal you have, just to make sure you like how the army looks.

Other than that, I would download the Warroom app, and just buy the faction deck in the app, its I think $8? You get all the elf cards, with all the errata, and all the new ones as soon as they come out.
>>
>>50913495
you're going to need, at the minimum, a warcaster and a full unit. The game has unit points and goes up in 25-point increments, with the average being 75-point games because that's what the tournament standard is. I prefer 25/50-point lists, but I think I'm in the minority.

You don't need the armybook or rulebook, it's all available online for free. If you want it convenient and you're already down to spend some money, the War Room app has all the cards you need for your army on it for a fee.

The best bet would be to go to your FLGS on a Warmahordes night and tell them your situation, then see what your local meta is and work your way up from there. maybe watch a game or two and see what's up. I actually ended up choosing my faction and caster because I thought they looked cool, and they play pretty decent, so that might be something you could look into in choosing your own army. If you're not going competitive you can win pretty much based on how well you know your army's synchronicity.
>>
File: pip35075.jpg (69KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pip35075.jpg
69KB, 500x500px
>>50913495
>Anything particular I should pick up to begin with, apart from the rulebook and the codex/armybook?

You don't need to pick up the rulebook. Pick up the MKIII Battlegroup Box for Retribution, it's around $35 online, and it gives you a Warcaster (HQ) and some other warjacks. Most importantly, it gives you the printed Rules Digest (which is available as a PDF online, but having the small hands-on book is invaluable).

WMH doesn't have Codexes. It has a fluffbook and all the models printed at that time, but PP's announced they're not putting model stats in books anymore (because of the new errata policy), so its a flavor book with Theme Forces (special restrictions for gaining special rules), but you can find those online for free.

I suppose you'd also need to get a Hyperion stat card; all cards should be available for free in the coming months.
>>
>>50912133
Nobody? Or do people care so little about podcasts that they don't even steal them?
>>
>>50912133
No, it's really good value and the chain attack guys are pretty decent
>>
>>50913925
How are their faction reviews? And how much do they pay you? :^)
>>
File: change__khador_mk_ii_by_kakita.jpg (1MB, 1654x2339px) Image search: [Google]
change__khador_mk_ii_by_kakita.jpg
1MB, 1654x2339px
Any thoughts on my lists? They're not meant to be brought to tournaments, but try-hard enough to win games at the store.

List 1:

Irusk2
- Kodiak
- Kodiak
- Behemoth
- Sylys

Winter Guard Infatnry MAX
- Officer and Banner
- Rocketeer
- Rocketeer
- Rocketeer

Winter Guard Rifle Corps MAX
- Rocketeer
- Rocketeer
- Rocketeer

Winter Guard Field Gun Crew

Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich

75 Points.

List 2:

Kozlov1
- Juggernaut
- Juggernaut
- Destroyer
- War Dog

Man-O-War Schocktroopers MAX
- Officer

Man-O-War Kovnik

Widowmaker Scouts

Widowmaker Marksman

Kovnik Andrei Malakov
- Devastator

Battle Mechanics MIN

Koldun Lord

75 Points.
>>
>>50913994
Their faction reviews are shit. Not worth the money then, definitely not worth the money now.

I haven't listened to any of their latest paid content, as I found them incredibly uninteresting and drier than a lesbo's vagina at a gay bar.

It's like the exact opposite of the Crippled System guys. Too centered on Warmachine as to completely be not worth it.
>>
>>50912875
It's been that way since the beginning.
>>
>>50914165

Drop both Kodiaks. add kayazi+ underboss. Swap sylys to reinholdt. grab uhlans or something. basically, behemoth is your only 'jack, the rest should be infantry. Maybe even the shocktrooper package.

Don't know enough about Kozlov, save that Behemoth works on him too. Remember, there is no character rule anymore, so Behemoth can be in both lists.
>>
>>50914165

Why you no play Marauder, comrade? In casual slap-fight you win games when you trade up.
>>
>>50913882
All podcasts are garbage; the fact that Chain Attack is able to offer a (((premium))) podcast and has a store sponsor just shows they're polished garbage. You really have to be into the "listening to 3-4 guys drone on for an hour" format to even enjoy it.

Most of what is discussed on their free show is common sense things, so I guess it's helpful if you're new or rarely play against other people. For example, the "Assassination" podcast offers such gems as "against an assassination caster, stay 2-3 inches out of their threat range" or "if you miss your initial attack on your assassination combo, pull back and reassess." This is stuff you'd discover after watching a game or playing one yourself (and if you can't discover that on your own, wargaming isn't your thing).

Their paid show is not much better; sure, they narrow the focus down to a certain warcaster or a specific meta-popular list, but you don't need to pay money to hear this kind of crap. Get involved with the people at your local store; if you come up against The High Reclaimer, talk to your opponent. Ask them "hey, what could I have done that would have screwed you over in that game"? Experience playing against a caster is going to trump what some fat guys on a microphone will regurgitate any day of the week.

In short, podcasts are great if you're the kind of Warmahordes player who never leaves his house to actually play the game.

Thge only thing I would say that these podcast outlets offer that is worth something comes from their youtube channels in the form of Battle Reports. Those are useful, because you are watching other people play the game, not listening to some nerds theorycraft over their tablet with War Room 2.
>>
>>50914422
I don't have one, even though I should. There are two unassembled Juggernaut-chassis in my room, but I would need to grab arms and heads for marauders.
>>
THE FORUMS ARE DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE! ITS OVER! THIS SHOWS THAT PRIVATEER HAS NO IDEA WHAT'S ITS DOING! THEY'RE OFFICIALLY FINISHED!
>>
>>50914792
>DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE

CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!
>>
File: spoopy.jpg (115KB, 855x1285px) Image search: [Google]
spoopy.jpg
115KB, 855x1285px
>>50914792
>tfw just got my commission painted and shipped
>>
>>50914459
>In short, podcasts are great if you're the kind of Warmahordes player who never leaves his house to actually play the game.
Speaking as someone who likes a lot of the warmachine podcasts, I think you hit on it here. Actual table experience IS much more valuable, but you can listen to podcasts in many situations where you couldn't play a game (like on the road).

For those of us who are still into the game, but have had our time available for to get to the shop squeezed by kids / work down to only maybe a handful of games a month, the battle report podcasts like Chain Attack have a certain appeal.
>>
>>50914459
>In short, podcasts are great if you're the kind of Warmahordes player who never leaves his house to actually play the game.
Or the kind of player who wants to listen to WMH while painting WMH. Or the kind that has to commute now and again.
>>
Played a fun game with Makeda3 today. Scenario was two big circle objectives, we both went for the red one early but I managed to score 2 points off it, then ran everything to the other side of the board and bummed 1 point off blue, then my opponent had to desperately try and stretch himself to contest but couldn't and I got 2 my next turn. It was fun. Opponent was a Circle player who's trying to use casters that aren't Wurmwood.
>>
>>50913341
If you use the parts replacement portal to get free parts that weren't missing from a new box, you're scum.
>>
>>50915147
>Live in the UK
>Interested in ordering parts
>$1.50
>Sweet, add to basket
>Postage is $11
Maybe people wouldn't scam free parts out of them if they didn't have to put up with shit like this.
>>
>>50915147
if you use the parts replacement portal to replace pieces on a mini you just bought, which is both what I advised he do and what I've done when buying secondhand minis, you're using the parts replacement portal as intended.
>>
>>50894670
Moros from Ret is pretty visually striking, and pulls off the look of a sleek Assassin well. Outside of that, Jacks look like Jacks. The only sinister looking Jacks belong to Cryx, with Malice and Death jack topping the list.
>>
I want to expand my rhulic force to 50 points and want to get Thor. What jack do people usually give him?

Avalancher? I could add two drillers for almost the same cost. The only other rhulic jacks I have atm are drillers and gunners.
>>
56 Posters after Mk III? We had more than that when eHayley was shitting all over the meta in Mk II.

Ded game
>>
>>50915203
Did you try sending a letter recently? Postal services are damn extortion.
>>
>>50916007
Probably none at all. Thor can buff jacks not directly attached to him.
>>
>>50916149
>holiday week during a lull period
>expecting people to shitpost here
>>
>>50916398
Sounds good to me. I thought tune up was only for jacks in his battle group.

Any one like Brun and Lug? I found him cheap on amazon and picked him up. Figured I could run him in both mercs and trolls to try something new. Plus they look fun to paint
>>
>>50915221
It's intended for PP's mistakes. You're abusing the service.
>>
File: 4d3.jpg (24KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
4d3.jpg
24KB, 600x450px
>>50917030
Please cite where you found what it's intended to be used for.

Nowhere on the site does it say you can't use it for used models. Spoiler: I sent them in a picture of a Galleon piece I seriously fucked up on my own while assembling. I told them as much, and they still sent me a replacement piece for it. A $1 piece of plastic is pennies in the grand scheme of good customer service on a $100+ model.
>>
>>50917030
So I can get a new edition through this service?
>>
File: continuous fire.jpg (38KB, 604x615px) Image search: [Google]
continuous fire.jpg
38KB, 604x615px
>>50917914
>>
File: War Hog.jpg (229KB, 547x632px) Image search: [Google]
War Hog.jpg
229KB, 547x632px
>>50912862

Ok, so after a second look they might not be the most ugly models privateer press has released. They go character, Ill give you that!

The slaugherhousers I already have, and painted up, and they usually preforms pretty good. But as you say, they get cleared away pretty fast, and when they hit its usually only half left. Using Orrik is definitely an option, and he will be utilized as a toolbox solo for many lists, absolutely a model to consider.

Regarding the Road Hog, Yea Ill probably get one, but Ill convert it from the war hog and left over bits from my warmachine teams (mechanical legs), and some puppetwars rockets crudely attached to his body! As you say, he is too good to give up.

Well, my main opponents usually are warmachine players (and more have migrated towards this choice since mk3 hit), so gremlins seems like a good buy anyway.

Well, it isn't like its Carv(er)ed in stone. I do play Helga as well, shes awesomely fun to play, I just haven't played her as much. And to be frank I'm quite new to the mk3 changes overall.

This is a Helga list I have been playing around with, considering some of you guys comments.

Helga -29
Targ +4
War Hog +15
Gun Boar +9
Splatter Boar +8

Meat Tresher +19

Maximus +4
Efaarit scouts +0
Efaarit Scouts +0
Saxon Orrik +4

Slaughterhousers +11
Brigands & Warlord +15
Commandos +15

Themed list. To bad I couldn't switch the War hog for the Road hog in this one. Could drop out the Slaughterhousers, Maximus and Orrik to get more ranged?
>>
>>50904299
Man, sure can't wait to be disappointed by her.
>>
File: 4BwGmSD.jpg.png (816KB, 668x537px) Image search: [Google]
4BwGmSD.jpg.png
816KB, 668x537px
>>50918191
>her
That's a girl?
>>
>>50918288
Yup. Suprised the boob-plate didn't make that obvious.

And, being a troll warlock, she will inevitably be aggressively average and rely on a large battlegroup + the krielstone.

Just like everyone else.
>>
>>50918348
>aggressively average
I dunno why, but this made me chuckle way more than it probably should.
I assume this goes for the new Madrak as well?
>>
>>50918394
Pretty much. Madrak-3 hasn't got much to bring the the table. He is durable, sure, but his spell-list is "meh" and his feat revolves around infantry, which the current meta doesn't include.

Honestly, Mk. III has made Trolls maybe the most un-interesting faction in the game.
>>
>>50918434
Uh, unrelated, but when was (You) changed to a dotted line? Because that looks like ass...
>>
>>50918732
Yeah, actually. That must have happened literally today. Awful change.
>>
>>50918732
>>50918847
Settings > Miscellaneous > Custom CSS [Edit] , put this in there

.ql-tracked:after{
content:" (You)"
}
>>
>>50919047
Much obliged. It's still kinda ugly, but that's a fairly minor issue.
>>
>>50919047
Thanks.
>>
Does anyone ever play 125pt 2 Caster games?

Or does PP put options over 75pts as space-filler?
>>
>>50919531
I want to try a 2v1, 75/75 vs. 150pt game some day
>>
>>50919531
100 P with 1 Caster is the last solo caster option in the rulebook.
>>
>>50918394
You can decide for yourself, he is posted upthread. >>50903477
>>
I think Madrak3 looks pretty friggin cool.

However, I think he's in the same boat as Malakov2; Having both a bit of Jack/Beast support and a bit of infantry support amounts to half-assing two things.
>>
File: 600px-Feora_by_JoPereira.png (195KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-Feora_by_JoPereira.png
195KB, 600x600px
Sup /wmh/, getting back into this shit after a few years of hiatus. My current collection is as follows

V.S. Vindictus
H.E. Kreoss

Crusader
Redeemer

Paladins of the Wall x3
Errant Exemplar x1
Choir x6
Zealots X10
Icon Bearer
Vassal Mechanic

Eiryss
Gorman di Wulfe
Orin Midwinter

What would you recommend to fill this out a little better? Are the 'jacks in the new starter box a decent pick?
>>
File: 39295-Creed, Tactical Genius.jpg (25KB, 489x416px) Image search: [Google]
39295-Creed, Tactical Genius.jpg
25KB, 489x416px
>>50914860

it would take someone with tactical genius to save this ded game
>>
>>50918434
>Honestly, Mk. III has made Trolls maybe the most un-interesting faction in the game
Stop saying that when Skorne is in the game. They're literally Vanilla Beatsticks: the Faction.
>>
>>50920894
I will take a "dead"-game over a "not even intended to be a"-game.
>>
>>50920894
>>50920958
Hearing GW employees defend their severe lack of playtesting and faction-balancing with the excuse of
>we just want people to have fun with models they like
made me disgusted that I had ever spent money on 40k products.
>>
>>50920958

and yet 40k is still the superior game to Warmachine
>>
>>50920954
I said Trolls were the most un-interesting.

Skorne are just flat-out bad. At least you can laugh at the absurdity of what happened to them. Trolls don't even show up on anyone's radar unless Madrak-2 or Ragnor is on the table.
>>
>>50921170
The Mauler is probably the best beast in the game though. That animus is just fucking stupid.
>>
>>50921152
Except that it isn't a "game". It's an excuse to buy, collect and paint models.
>>
>>50921240
Perhaps the same could be said of all minis games.
>>
KINDA WANNA BUY RASHETH AND MAKEDA3 BECAUSE LGS IS HAVING A STEAMROLLER LATE JANUARY

WHAT DO GUYS
>>
>>50921387
Slap yourself

Remember skorne is shit
>>
>>50921387

>makeda3
one of the worst in the worst faction lol
>>
>>50921170

Gunnbjorn is the faction's best caster.
>>
>>50921731
Lel no. She's so good at killing infantry that you can dedicate the rest of your list to beating heavies.
>>
>>50894389
Give me one good reason to build a Maddog or a Rager over a Berserker.

It just seems to me, that Berserks have the clearest, and putest purpose of the three, that purpose being the utter fucking of infantry.

The Mad Dog comes off as a gimmicky berserker, thats trades its ability to fuck up light jacks and destroy whole swathes of infantry, for a bit of speed and better trampling. It seems like a bit of a weird one, but I could be talked into it.

But the Rager just seems a bit...Odd. Is it a escort for other units? Than why the Point Blank ability? And another attack for 3 more points than a Berserker? I just dont get it.
>>
>>50922801
Because Berserkers are made utterly pointless by the Marauder for a single point more, while the Mad Dog is at least still an anti-infantry trampler and the Rager a somewhat competent shieldguard.

Nobody wants (or should have) to pay 9 points for a MAT 5 melee-only model that blows up if you want to use it for it's intended purpose.
>>
>>50921781
He's only good against gunlines and nothing else.
>>
>>50922933
Hold on, I just checked my faction deck, and it seems that the kit I got is a bit old, as it says that the Berserker is 8 points on the card. I suppose that it puts the Mad Dog and the Berserker on even grounds, and makes me a bit more lenient towards it. Still, with the lack of Berserk, and with weaker weapons, I don't think it will be quite as good in melee against anything but Infantry, and I don't know if It will cut through infantry as fast as a Berserker can.

Im still not sold on the Rager, though. I suppose it can be a Shieldguard, but I think there are easier and better ways to keep your units safe, while still having a useful Jack around, like the Decimator.
>>
>>50921731

Uhh, no.

Mak3 is probably one of Skornes best actually. She just isn't big because Skorne itself is in a not great place. She is actually pretty legit otherwise.

>>50921387

Go for it I'd say. If you play Skorne anyway, those 2 are some of their best casters and errata might actually mean something come January.
>>
>>50924067

she wasn't good in mk2 which had objectively more infantry and she was more flexible with a better molik karn and able to use his animus.

She's even worse in mk3 now that beatback is nerfed and the changes to molik.

enjoy that meme caster
>>
>>50924226
Makeda 3 survives on the merit of having no real crippling matchups.

While she doesn't auto win, she doesn't auto lose either and you can always have bit of a game with her.
>>
>>50924273

no real crippling match ups except all control casters, una2, anything with a heavy arm/box skew because skorne beasts are bad at trading and makeda can't apply VoD and walk away from it like she could in mk2...

With her shield guards shes okay against gunlines but Zaadesh2 does that so much better
>>
File: Rahn.jpg (695KB, 803x2130px) Image search: [Google]
Rahn.jpg
695KB, 803x2130px
>>50912862

But a question though. What is it m missing on the scouts that everyone sees as "so great".

To me, its just a 5 box dead solo on a large base. That this thing could even last long enough to get to shoot twice is what´s really questioning to me.
Sure a Def 14 helps, but low arm and low boxes means that just about any average boosted to hit roll will kill this 6p solo.

Or is it the simple fact that its the most points for free, in the themed lists, that makes it so popular? I mean, 1 armor piercing shot at pow 7 is ok I guess. And the marksman works great in conjunction with slaughterhousers. But other than that, what makes these guys better than the Razorback crew? Who are not only 1p cheaper, they strike at pow 14 + Brutal damage, and aoe3 as a bonus. Sure they don't have move 9", reposition 5", but at least have better range and reposition 3". These guys at least have pick up, and though, they can at least survive something I feel.

I just feel I'm missing something about the hype over Efaarit Scouts, at least outside the theme list of minions.
>>
>>50924373
>A Makeda3 pair comes 2nd at the Polish Masters
>But Anon knows better
>>
>>50924887
*9th

Anything not last is relevant.
>>
>>50924887

>actually comes in 9th
>anon who doesn't play well points at one not dead last result as proof of his shit-tastic theory

try not to hurt yourself thinking too hard
>>
>>50924941
Meanwhile your theory has no proof. Like we get it, Zaadesh2 is very good in theory, but to act like Makeda3 has no merit is stupid.
>>
>>50924948

my proof is the lack of makeda3 getting any good results at all... that everyone knows skorne is so dumpster tier except for Ferox makeda2 that PP has to do an entire separate balance errata just for them. but keep meming about makeda3 and im sure it'll become reality eventually
>>
>>50925354
>t. Largest Mak2 and Ferox stockist in the world
>>
>>50925354
Yet you consider Rasheth better despite his overall weak performance?
>>
Should i run both captains in my morticians line up or focus on just obulus or just scalpel?
>>
>>50926646
I think you drop and crack the Lotus, use that along with your first land drop for a T1 Jace. Fate seal away, motherfucker
>>
>>50924226
>makeda 3
>loses dead spell on her card for overtake and GW
>the GW works on ranged weapons
>worse in mk3

Anon...pls...

>nobody plays infantry in mk3
>Irusk 2
>Madrak 2
>Thexus
>Ret

Anon stop
>>
>>50926646
I think you should go fuck yourself with your shit models
>>
>>50909055
I play coc so "wait... we got a new mini? Where is the catch." Stage
>>
>>50926256
>please stop killing my beast brick! I have +4 ARM vs melee!!
>>
>>50926979
>worse in mk3
Well losing Fate Walker and Beatback hurt her a lot in return, so she's not that much better in Mk3. Gaining a ton of Warbeast points helped.
>>
>>50923138
Errata finally hit on the 21st. Check the link in the OP.
>>
Is the average troll army significantly harder to kill than the average legion/circle army? I want to play something sturdy from hordes but hate skorne aesthetics.
>>
File: Stages of Mark 3.png (158KB, 517x431px) Image search: [Google]
Stages of Mark 3.png
158KB, 517x431px
>>50909055

>My Stages of Mark 3 Grief
>>
>>50928049

In Mk 2, sure. In Mk 3, nah.

Get Circle, win games, lose friends. Shit's broken yo and PP doesn't give a shit until they move their Griffons.
>>
>>50924603

They kill solos easily
Two can snipe off a system/spiral fairly reliably
They are more accurate than Razorbacks
They are speed 9 and have reposition 5 and have pathfinder, so they can dance in and out of terrain for cover/concealment, avoid retaliation from many threats, walk into back arcs for more accuracy, and do really jank shit like run around behind enemy models in Helga lists for bonus damage dice on grand finale
>>
>>50927114
>Heh, with Stay Death my Ferox will never die!
>Wait stop hitting them with your MAT7 infantry, they're only ARM17!
>Yamero
>YAMEROOOOOOOO
>>
File: in a nutshell.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
in a nutshell.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>50909055
I still don't understand why people are mad about mk3. It's so much more fun and less bullshit than mk2.

Khador player btw.
>>
>>50929537
Probably butthurt Skorne players playing "muh roman leejun". They won't have anything to complain about after 89 changes.
>>
File: 33032_KarchevtheTerrible_WEB.jpg (347KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
33032_KarchevtheTerrible_WEB.jpg
347KB, 600x600px
I just realized Karchev is a warcaster in a warjack body.

Are there any more warcasters/warlocks like this? I know Kromac2/Thagrosh2 are kinda close, but I mean all out with warjack/beast boxes and everything.
>>
>>50928326
Why all three games? Pick one and you can be tided over during the field tests.
>>
>>50928326
>They nerfed the Rhinodon?!
>But now you can throw with the +2STR from Enrage!
>HOW DO I BEAT THE HELLMOUTH
>FUCK I CAN'T BEAT THE HELLMOUTH
>One Malifaux starter set please
>>
>>50929708
No, it's his unique thing.

About the closest to him would be Lucant.
>>
>>50929537
I know this ia bait, but most of that bullshit was what made the game fun. Now combat feels like in oldschool runescape.
>>
File: khador.jpg (67KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
khador.jpg
67KB, 640x640px
>>50929964
How do you play him now, if you want to do all jacks?

I came up with this based off tourney lists.

Khador Army - 75 / 75 points

(Karchev 1) Karchev the Terrible [+30]
- Ruin [17]
- Kodiak [13]
- Kodiak [13]
- Juggernaut [12]
- Juggernaut [12]
- Devastator [14]
- Devastator [14]
Gobber Tinker [2]
Gobber Tinker [2]
Battle Mechaniks (min) [3]
- Battle Mechanik Officer [3]
>>
I'm not sure which I should add to my Nurgle army... A Vindicator or a Rhino? Or maybe one of each? Building a 1k point army.
>>
>>50930253
Marauders. A shit ton of Marauders.
>>
>>50930278
Wrong thread, man.

>>50927543
>>
>>50930308
sorry my friend
>>
File: glance.gif (2MB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
glance.gif
2MB, 500x271px
>>50930278
>>
>>50895039

You sound like an inexperienced DM, no offense.

What is a jack?
>strong
>tough
>heavy

The stats aren't important (in other words make your own, don't worry about finding stuff already made), it's conveying the above listed qualities

>unlike regular opponents, jacks will happily run through walls to get their hands on you. Getting hit by one hurts, a lot. They can manipulate the environment in ways most things can't
>they're hard as shit to wound because they're basically steel golems. Adjust how hard as needed, but hurting one isn't so much about breaking their armor, it's hitting the delicate gears, wires, etc etc they need to function.
>When one hits you, you don't just take damage. You fall down, your shield breaks, you get launched through the air, you >feel the impact. You also feel the vibration of one approaching. Maybe you could set a trap for one because they're so heavy.

If you just use stats, a jack is a person who hits abnormally hard and is abnormally hard to kill, that's it. To sell it, you've got to present it to a party as a big deal, not another amalgamation of numbers
>>
>>50930301

Even before the mad dog and karchev nerfs mad dog spam was inferior to kodiaks + mad dogs, you still want kodiaks in a karchev list for the same reason (dem clouds)
>>
>>50930534
What about Behemoth+Destroyers for KD Spray shenanigans?
>>
>>50930598
This just in, Karchev is really fucking good without Meme Dog spam, in part because his gun is fucking insane.
>>
>>50930615
I'm >>50929708
I'm actually interested in just making a list with warjacks. I thought meme dog spam was stupid (albeit funny in an allahu ackbar way). Would it be better to mix it up with the Bombard+Melee jacks or just go all melee?
>>
>>50930713
I mean you could probably spam Juggernauts and get a similar result. 20ARM, lots of boxes, MAT7, PS19, hits for 29.5 damage on feat turn with all 4 hits. Like nigger it's really hard to deal with that, and Karchev himself isn't exactly easy to assassinate.
>>
>>50930474
>If you just use stats, a jack is a person who hits abnormally hard and is abnormally hard to kill, that's it. To sell it, you've got to present it to a party as a big deal, not another amalgamation of numbers

Mind you, PLAYERS can also have Jacks in the RPG.
>>
>>50929078
Maybe watch a good player play it sometime.
>>
>>50930794
Guess it depends on the DM.

In my IKRPG game, the party started with light mercenary jacks. There's a difference between hauling around a Grundback and going up against a Khador death machine
>>
>>50918179

I'm going to be honest, Commandos are not worth it, even with ambush. just plug in another set of brigands, especially with Helga. Meat Thresher is also a Terrible choice, just put in another Warhog, or any other beast. You either want to flood them with infantry, or abuse gang from Helga's field marshal.

The best List for Helga right now is this:

Minion Army - 74 / 75 points
Theme: The Thornfall Alliance

(Helga 1) Helga the Conqueror +29
- Battle Boar 7
- Road Hog 16
- Road Hog 16
Farrow Brigands (max) 15
- Farrow Brigand Warlord 4
Farrow Brigands (max) 15
Farrow Brigands (max) 15
Efaarit Scouts 0
Efaarit Scouts 0
Farrow Razorback Crew 0
Farrow Razorback Crew 5
Swamp Gobber Chef 1
Swamp Gobber Chef 1

This is is a tournament list, like against the top level of play. too many bodies, too many guns, too many tough rolls. Due to the transition to MK 3, the half distance for slams rule is specific to light warbeasts. Therefore small based models slam the full distance. So you just flood them with bodies, and win on objective.

>>50924603

They're worth 6 points. They solo hunt, and have Spd 9 Reposition 5. That is huge, especially in scenario play. The POW 7 gun will also do more damage, most of the time, than the Razorback, in addition to having a higher threat range, 3 more RAT, and is better defensively. Your opponents have to commit resources to killing them. And if they're free, why do you care if they die? Don't just give them away, but people will dedicate full on heavies to kill them.

Wth Helga too, you have to consider the slam factor, because they can slam too, with their mount. Or run behind things so you can constantly slam a 'caster into them with each hit, essentially making you a weaponmaster VS them on feat turn. or run them, again with helga, for the gang bonus if you need it. They're flat better than the razorbacks now that they lost dig in.
>>
>>50931790
>And if they're free, why do you care if they die?
Because the rest of your list is worse to make them free.
>>
>>50931790
Drop a Chef, bring a Bellows Crew? Does it interfere with the theme?
>>
Is there a drawfag itt? I'd like a warjack drawn and the drawthreads have failed me.
>>
>Make a Rasheth list
>Same old Nihilators
>Same old Despoiler + Gladiator + other heavy
>Same old Handlers
>Same old Void Spirit(s)
Yaaaaawn.
>>
>>50932778
>Make a memepost before anything in the faction has changed.
>>
Can I channel through an arc node, targeting the arc node? Thinking with a blast template here.
>>
>>50933675
what's the wording of the spell?
>>
>>50931961

Your're already bringing the infantry. if you go brigands and slaughterhousers, or something, guess what? its more worth to get a free scout than get a free Warlord. 100% of the time. If you're going to be over 20 points anyway, why not get it? and thats a rhetorical question. There is in no circumstance where taking a Warlord or a Razorback is better than taking a scout.

>>50932414

Bellows crew aren't in theme. There is no 3 point solo for the theme. I often just disregard even the chefs and play 3 points down. It honestly doesn't matter. Its an A tier list.
>>
>>50929078

you know they all have dodge and steady tough right? a single miss means the ferox just walks away, and they also get to alpha most infantry first except for guns, and guns dont really bother tough + steady stay death + dodge + pathfinder.... (hide behind terrain for days)
>>
>>50933675
As far as I remember, a model always has line of sight to itself, unless it's affected by blindness or something.
>>
>>50932778

>playing rasheth
>>
Where can I find a card for Kyrssa so I can proxy, and how is Legion in the current meta?
>>
>>50917030
I did a commission for my friend who took a hatchet to his Mammoth and they sent me a few of the missing pieces. It was just missing the Tusks. I don't think that's an abuse of the service.
>>
>>50931790

Thanks man, best post of the thread. Explained a lot, and gave a good list to boot. I'm not a fan of the good´ol spam, pp is focusing on to win tournaments, we play pretty casual over here. But Ill definitely integrate some of those elements in my list, be sure of that!
>>
>>50918434
Cryx is really bland in mkiii
>>
>>50932819

I really wish I'd played Hexeris2 more. Don't know why I didn't. He sort of has an armor problem but it isn't as if there's a clear improvement to that keeping him off the table.
>>
>>50917030

Good, fuck em, abusing their system for free shit is worth it
>>
>>50937389

he's one of the better casters in the faction. unless PP really screws the pooch he might get even more interesting once skorne gets better over all.

He has some interesting tactics like baiting a heavy into the mammoth, and then with a paingiver team + his passive heal ability to heal it up for a billion while killing the heavy in the process.

i don't think hes on the meme level that makeda2 is, but hes definitely one of the better ones and i'm watching him really closely for how the errata turns out. Especially if his feat gets better. It's always really disappointing when your feat is "i cast an extra two ashes to ashes and i boost once" / hellfire
>>
>>50930253
Looks solid but the officer looks too expensive. I would probably replace to put something else. Maybe a war dog for karchev, or try to fit in a bokur or even better Orin.
>>
>>50939105
The officer is dumb, just use another min unit of mechanics. That's another 4d3 of repairs, rather than 1d6.
>>
>>50938827
Yeah no. Literally only Tiberion is worth trying that trick with. It's not even reliable then.
>>
>>50929537
Khador came from mk2 winter to a edition where you are not condemned to lose every game to a semi competitive army unless you use butcher 3 or sorscha 2. Is obvious you're enjoying the game more since your army isn't a pile of steaming shit. I also play khador and feel I finally have a game while in mk2 I was condemned to lose every single tournament game.
>>
>>50939192
>>50938827

There's the multiple Sentry version, which works by there being multiple Sentries- so shit actually gets done during a turn and there's one half-dead Sentry on the table next turn to heal up.
>>
>>50939338
>There is the multiple deadweight version where you take heavies armed with wet noodles and hope one manages to live maybe.
>>
>>50933675

Since nobody answered, no. A channeling model can not be the target of a spell that it channels.
>>
>>50939843
Yes it can, only as long as it isn't an attack spell.
>>
>(Rasheth 1) Dominar Rasheth [+28]
- Cyclops Raider [9]
- Cyclops Shaman [8]
- Despoiler [18]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Titan Sentry [15]
Nihilators (max) [15]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor [4]
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor [4]
Void Spirit [4]

>Cyclops
Boostable guns against a -2ARM target seems fine, and the pair of them are the same points as a Cannoneer while they have higher single target damage output. Rasheth, Nihilators, and PGMTs can handle any infantry.
>>
I don't get why Circle players don't use the Rip Horn Satyr. It actually looks pretty decent to me owing to the smash and grab.

>Primal the Satyr
>Charge it in
>MAT8, boosted damage on free charge
>Boost head weapon damage
>Boost last fist damage
>You hit with both fists so get a free throw assuming the target is still alive
>Throw it at a heavy, boost the damage

You most likely killed the target heavy and you knocked another heavy down. Sure it's probably gonna frenzy next turn but it still got a lot of work done. Smash and grab is one of the best things a model can have because it's two free attacks and two free knockdowns.
>>
>>50933675
>>50939843
>>50940739
An offensive spell cannot target its own point of origin. Other than that there are no restrictions.
>>
>>50936665
Meh? Aside from a couple outstanding casters, most are just decent. All the beasts feel like they are a point or two overcosted and all the infantry feels like they have a stat or ability shaved off so the whole army feels like its running at 90% of what it could/should be.
>>
Am I right thinking that only the players of simple, straight-forward armies like Khador enjoy the simple, dumbed down mk3 while the players of more cerebral and tricksy armies like Cryx are quitting?
>>
Want to get into Warmahordes and mini painting, but building terrain seems pretty daunting. So far my plan is to cut up foamcore and paint it for hills and rocks, and use a gaming mat with a meadow texture for the basic board. For cottages, fences, trees, and whatever else I need, I was going to shop around on model train websites and wargaming websites and look for deals. No plans for tournament play, just me and some friends. Does this sound acceptable for some basic terrain?
>>
>>50942586
Also I know water on terrain isn't good for Warmachine but apparently it doesn't matter so much for hordes. Any good, cheap options for water? Maybe laminated printouts?
>>
>>50942605
Water no longer makes Warmachines inert. Cygnaran military advancements taught them how to caulk. Its only good now for Minions with Amphibious.
>>
>>50943035
Okay cool
>>
>>50942586
Most places have stopped using actual terrain in favor of flat pieces of felt or pictures of terrain, because Warmachine players are bitches and their models are top-heavy it's better for the balance of the game, since you need to be able to stand a model anywhere. It also clears up line of sight problems giving Cygnar a clear advantage
>>
>>50943107
I've considered doing this as a backup plan for cheap, easy terrain. Since I'm just playing with a friend I wanted to spice things up a little, however. If it comes down to it I'll just use printed and laminated terrain or whatever.
>>
>>50943107
>saying 2D terrain 'clears up line of sight'

What? LOS blocking is determined by terrain type, not whether it's 2D or 3D.
>>
>>50943714
i think they means its easier to determine los with 2d terrain
>>
>>50943786
They said it 'gives Cygnar an advantage', so I don't think so.
>>
>>50943831
I'm just salty that noone wants to use terrain anymore at the local store. I put together a bunch of buildings, some other 40k stuff has been donated over the last couple years, but no, it's all Warmachine now and noone wants to use anything more complicated than circles with trees on it and then get it as far away from the objectives as possible.

I won a game against Khador the other day with Skorne because I forced the terrain to actually be in the middle of the fucking field, and the dumb Karchev player had no idea how to move his units around without being a total clusterfuck of bad charge lanes and slow movement.

So my personal experience is antagonistic, but I do get why they do it - PP models are kinda shit and most minis won't sit on any slope higher than 25-30 degrees, plus the rules of the game themself basically treat the entire battlefield as a flat 2d plane with terrain effects in little bubbles. I wish there were rules for buildings or extra dimensions at all.
>>
hills are pretty annoying to use in any mini game, and most time forests get their trees removed to put units in them anyways.

I do like 3d walls and buildings or any thing unpassable
>>
Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm going to print out some terrain features and laminate them, then stick them to the playing field with sticky tac.
>>
>>50943831
Knowing where you stand with gunlines makes them better automatically. See: Premeasuring.
>>
>>50944306
Stick them onto an old flat mouse mat and cut the shape out of that to prevent slipping.
>>
>>50941393
Circle player here:

Satyrs are now officially the budget heavies, they look gay, and if you're not gonna run wolves, you run Griffons.
>>
>>50943897
There are literally volume and height rules in the book. They give examples of walls that block LOS to mediums but not larges. Your playgroup is just shit; terrain can and should be around the objectives.
>>
>>50944578
Why does the terrain being 2D vs. 3D make a difference in 'knowing where you stand'?

See: Autism.
>>
>>50945557
If there's any sort of ambiguity in the terrain, someone will use it to bend the rules and powergame it. Flat terrain pisses off the waacfags because they can't interpret it to their advantage.
>>
>>50945557
Read the rules. LOS for walls and such are determined by height.
>>
>>50946751
I have played this game for many years and never have I encountered a wall at any event (convention or otherwise) that blocks LOS to any model size.
>>
>>50946774
Prime digest p37-8. Two whole pages about it
>>
>>50947728
His point isn't that it can happen, it's that no one uses walls tall enough.
>>
>>50947728
I understand it's in the rule book -- the point is nobody does this. Everything either blocks LOS to everything except colossals (e.g. obstructions, forests) or nothing at all.

Not even the official PP events use those rules.
>>
>>50944755
But why? Its damage output is comparable to that of a Titan Gladiator, widely considered to be a very strong beatstick.
>>
Quick, throw up your new tier lists. Be sure to justify anything controversial.
>>
>>50946622
>Flat terrain pisses off the waacfags because they can't interpret it to their advantage.
"You don't get to move 10 inches on a horizontal plane because you lose distance going up the hill!"
>>
>>50948060
>the point is nobody does this
The most relevant thing about this rule is that you have to tell every new player that it's never used and they just memorized it for nothing. Should have just gotten rid of it in the edition change.
>>
>>50948060
>>50949211
honestly, as a new player I wish we DID use this rule.
How cool would it be to do a city battle with broken-down buildings, where LOS is actually a thing that's important from building to building?
>>
>>50949272
Really cool until you run into the armies that simply don't give a shit about it, and thus can trivially table everyone.
>>
File: IMAG0039.jpg (5MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0039.jpg
5MB, 4000x3000px
>>50942586
Hills are pretty easy, get some thin cork sheets and glue some down on a piece of MDF. You can step it in with another layer if you want it higher. After that paint and flock. It looks good and nothing can fall over if the layers are 1/4" tall or so. Houses are pretty easy too, if you have a hot knife get some 2" insulation foam and cut out two blocks and glue them together, then add a roof. You can use an exacting then ballpoint pen to make stone block texture on it, or cover it with wood filler if you want something like a plaster texture. Doors and windows can be made out of craft sticks and cardboard.
>>
>>50949371
what kind of armies are those? I haven't played against an army that can kill people completely blind yet, I'm intrigued
>>
>>50949456
Hello.

I am Rasheth.

These are my 10 cyclops shamans and raider.

Lets have a fun game.
>>
>>50949566
Is that meant to be strong or something? You'll instantly overheat and promptly lose.
>>
>>50949787
Only if you blow your whole load at once like a retard.
>>
>HOW TO FIX CHARGES

CHARGES NO LONGER BOOST THE DAMAGE OF THE ATTACK

INSTEAD, SMALL MODELS GAIN +1 TO DAMAGE, MEDIUM MODELS GAIN +2, LARGE MODELS GAIN +3, AND HUGE MODELS GAIN +4

YOU FEEL ME, SENPAITACHI?
>>
>>50949850
Unless you go full on memelist. Run a Void Spirit near their caster, drop Blood Mark on them and pop feat, proceed to dump pseudo RAT7 POW16 boosted Ghost Shots into their caster.
>>
>>50950021
That's dumb. You're dumb.
>>
>>50941393
Because
>SPD5 no pathfinder
>Bad Animus
>Not a Warpwolf
>Not a griffon
>>
>>50950237
>SPD5 no pathfinder
I play Skorne, my only native pathfinder heavies are SPD3. You're meant to put your shit with pathfinder in front of the forest in your deployment so they can take it for the team.
>Bad Animus
Like seriously I play Skorne, my entire faction only has 1 beast with an animus. Do you think every Circle heavy should have Primal, Rage, Slipstream, or fucking Rush?

Like nigger that thing has very strong damage output for 14 points, while still maintaining the same total defensive statline as a Warpwolf (DEF+ARM=31).
>>
>>50949456
There's a couple examples. The one that springs to mind to me is all flying armies: lists with Aurora or Una2 have practically their entire army capable of ignoring all of the terrain you can put on a table, and basically get to treat it as open ground.
>>
>>50950406
Look, you can keep arguing over satyrs, but they are shit, and we circle players dont like to use them over superior options.
>>
>>50950515
So because one or two lists have flight, best ignore chunks of the rule book.
>>
>>50950988
>>50950988
>>50950988

NEW
>>
>>50909055
When did accepting sorrowmachine mk3 become option? Game and PP these days are utter shit,
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.