[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flames of War: Making the Best of Things in the Volksarmee

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 54

File: FOW Volksarmee.png (3MB, 1918x1693px) Image search: [Google]
FOW Volksarmee.png
3MB, 1918x1693px
/fowg/ Your home for all things FOW on 4chan

Flames of War SCANS database:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8ciamhs8husms
---Includes our Late War Leviathan rules!
Official Flames of War Free Briefings:
http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=108

Current /tg/ fan projects - Noob Guide & FAQ, Podcast, and Defense of Moscow list:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JWmbvVANUraO9ILWJZduRgiI9w4ZC3ytNUQE8rK7Xrw/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw
https://discord.gg/drZbxvm

Quick Guide on all present FOW Books:
http://www.wargames-romania.ro/wordpress/wargames/flames-of-war/flames-of-war-starting-player-guide-the-books/

Archive of all known Panzer Tracts PDFs: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/nyvobnlg12hoz/Panzer_Tracts

WWII Osprey's, Other Wargames, and Reference Books
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
and, for Vietnam.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War

--Guybrarian Notes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw/edit?usp=sharing

http://www.400gb.com/u/1883935

Panzerfunk, the /fowg/ podcast.
http://panzerfunk.podbean.com/
Panzerfunk Listener Questions Form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeOBxEJbNzS_Ec7I76zQmCU9P7o0C5bAgcXriKQ4bOWBp4QkA/viewform

http://www.flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/Documents/Briefings/CariusNarva.pdf

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=1949 the Azul Division: no longer linkable off the main page
>>
Is there any photographic evidence of M10 platoons having mixed counterweight types? I've been considering having one of mine have the old wedge counterweights, but haven't seen any images showing a mix of the wedges and duckbills in a platoon.
>>
Reposting my mostly accurate summary of volksarmee with some info added from other anons.

>Formations

T-72M tank
T-55AM tank
BMP Mechanized
BTR-60 Mechanized

>T-72Ms are cheaper than their soviet counterparts with bazooka skirts instead of BDD 1 less front armor and AT 21.

>Each tank formation can take one company of the opposite tank.

>BMP formations can take one company of BMP-2s, even though the East Germans didn't have that many in service.

>BTR companies can take up to two AT19 spigots. A full btr company with 11 btrs is only 4 points cheaper than a full bmp1 company with 12 bmps.

>The 14.5 mm MG on the BTR has an AT value of 5.

>Skill rating is 4+ making the East Germans less potato tier than the Soviets when giving orders.

>You can spend a point to put a mine removal device on up to 3 T-55AMs. Otherwise they are cheap and shitty. I'll let someone else post the unit card if you are interested.

>No Bastions on the T-55AMs, but they get slow firing and overloaded (cross on 4+) because why not make people spam a parking lot of shit tier tanks instead of an outdated, but heavily modified tank that could potentially be used to great effect by the superior east german tankers.

>BRDM-2s and their derivative missile platforms are cheap. I think the AA variant comes in units of 2 or 4, but I thought they were being sold in packs of 3. What the hell battlefront? Maybe I just saw this wrong.
>>
>>50890759
So overall; here have some more generic shit we rushed out also it's resin enjoy
>>
>>50890759
and the Hinds are just normal Hinds....
>>
>>50890759
>>50891099
>>50891138
whats the draw of playing east germany anyway?
compared to soviets
>>
>>50891193
Uhh

4+ skill instead of 5+ I guess

And I guess a discount on t72s if you don't care about the one point of front armor
>>
>>50891193

If you want the ultimate horde army of T-55s. 4+ skill instead of 5+. The other gear will probably just be rehashed in the next soviet release.
>>
>>50891238
Their T-72s are also AT 21 which is a big deal for a RoF 1 tanks.
>>
File: spamspamspamspam.jpg (99KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
spamspamspamspam.jpg
99KB, 720x960px
>>50891193

SPAM!

spam, spam, spam T55's and spam,
spam spam BDRM's and spam,
spam with T72's and spam,
spam spam spam spam and spam!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFrtpT1mKy8&t=1m41s

(protip: copy paste: embed doesn't follow the timestamp
>>
>>50891238
>>50891239
>>50891265
All it does is sound pretty shit
i mean frogs(presumably), lime, burg and western mix kraut all have their their own strange kits and distinct vehicle choices and the soviets boil down to more of the same.
historically accurate but boring.
>>
>>50891265
"But I don't like Spam!"

Seriously though, the Volksarmee stuff has been a bit of a bummer. The BTR lists are the only real interesting thing they bring to TY. I can't imagine too many people are excited to see 10 tank clusters of T-55AMs junking up their boards. Debating on just focusing on soviets since the East Germans will need their own infantry anyway.

No one was expecting the T-55AM to be God tier, but there is nothing particularly good or exciting about it. Just point front toward enemy and advance in open terrain. Compare this to the Leo1, which really feels as if it has a unique and interesting role to play on the table.

/salt
>>
>>50891193
It was supposed to be playing a more seasoned, disciplined version of the USSR, but I guess it's just spamming artificially crap T-55s in a cheese list now.
>>
>>50891530
it could be worse
It could be hero IS-2
>>
>>50891408
Part of me wants to do mass tank spam with low points cost tanks.

The other part of me knows that I don't need to buy into yet another army.

Especially if it is almost entirely resin and metal.

Perhaps if/when PSC releases their rumored T-55s and Leopard 1s in plastic I might consider it.

But not before then.
>>
>>50891530
>>50891824
They should have been Warsaw Pact Finns basically, well trained troops in crap equipment with mitigating factors. The East Germans were graded the same as many Soviet Guards units for combat readiness because they knew there was going to be mass desertions, so they trained them harder. The Soviets allowed the East Germans a lot more military gear than the Czechs and the Poles too. New Migs and the T-72.
>>
>>50892117
>Warsaw Pact Finns
Fucking this. Well trained troops making the best of shit equipment and a few scraps of ok stuff are really fun to play. Making them the hordier horde is boring, especially since the soviets STILL lack vet equivalent troops. If the afgansty were vets, this would be much less problematic.
>>
>>50892402
That I don't understand as well. The Afgansty are the actual Veterans of the period, they fought a crazy intense war against cunts with Stingers and no mercy. They should be better trained than the West Germans.
>>
>>50892478
so much this.
was there a given justification for non veteran afghanski?
it just boggles the mind that the only TY formation to even see combat is not veteran. Even if they hadn't seen combat their training routine is notoriously hardcore.
>>
>>50892847
afghansty. fucking autocorrect.
>>
File: What it says on the Tin.jpg (415KB, 1280x846px) Image search: [Google]
What it says on the Tin.jpg
415KB, 1280x846px
>>50891824

>amongst shitstorm
"i will do it. i will go!"

...so, i too await plastic T-55's....i've thought about it, but i don't think i will do VolksArmee for the Germans

i -do- see a perfect book for playing the Iraqi Republican Guard Tank Brigades

prove me wrong.
>>
>>50890759
You know; at first I thought it was just internet bitching at its finest when people whined about BF and Soviets.

Now I totally get the complaints. Is the entire Warpac going to be boring, shitty horde armies?
>>
Phil made a pretty detailed post about the to hit numbers on the forum, in 'the accounts' he's read Soviets never restored to actual fieldcraft after their experiences in Afghanistan, the doctrine just changed to choosing better routes for the advance before continuing to ram whole companies down the opfor's throats.

The Afghantsy are representative of a unit with some combat experienced officers, NCO's and troops, but still mostly 2 year conscripts. It seems in Phil's mind the doctrine, conscripts and lack of a professional NCO corps will always result in a 3+ to hit. I'm pretty sure Soviet divisions with 100% manning would have enough professional officers to stand in for NCO's, but hey..

I'll be honest, I kinda thought Battlefront had grown better than this by now. Star Wars: Armada can get away with asymmetric game design but something about the 'to hit' ratings still feels off. I can't see any reason for a lack of a trained Egyptian infantry company in FotN aside from very lazy research and something very close to racism.

In almost every fictional war scenario it's fun to imagine a unit commander who can get his men to that magical 'veteran' to hit rating, both for your own force or opfor. Are Hans Gruber's merc's hit on a 3+ or is Mclane always gone to ground?

It's worse than inaccurate, it's fucking boring. But it does help Battlefront sell more mini's to get people to that magic 100 points.
>>
>>50893523
It's beginning to feel like Battlefront want the Soviets to be the NPC faction. Their releases just seem to constantly empathise this. All I want is a fucking choice in the matter, would I like to crush my enemies under wave upon wave of tanks or would I like to be a bit more cunning and strategic like the Third Shock Army?

>One of the key problems I see withe the Afghansy "veterans" representation, is they do not come across as veterans of any war at all. They come across as helpcopter(sic)-riding cannon-fodder that can assault with some level of competency.

They are veterans of rapid assaults against insurgents. That's what they do, and that's what they do well. Get in close and finish the job. They are some of the best assault troops in the game and won't give up easily.

Reading many autobiographies of Soviet soldiers, it's clear that the veterans learned tricks to survive, but they mostly came down to taking a covered approach to the target, then rushing it quickly. They didn't evolve Western tactics, they just got better at their own tactics. Just as veteran Western troops in WWII got better at taking cover and calling in fire support, rather than evolving the shock tactics of the Red Army. Both are veterans, but they fight very differently.

Cheers

From the forum.

So why aren't the Afgansty good at assaults Phil? Why are they 4+ assault rating rather than 3+? Why the fuck aren't they skill 3+ to make getting off of their fucking helicopters possible? The East Germans were frequently rated to the same combat readiness as the Soviet Guards Units, they are not just some EW T-26 swarm. I think we need to start taking this up with Battlefront as a whole and letting them know we as a community are getting goddamn sick of the "Ignorant Soviet Hordes" stereotype we're getting cockslapped with. Where is our fucking Flare Bombardments, where's the fucking Third Shock Army? Where's our T-64s, T-80s, Bastion Missiles, and plastic T-55s Battlefront?
>>
>>50893736

A big part of the 100 point format seems to be about letting NATOboos buy complete battlegroups, for example Team Yankee fits pretty neatly as a force. I'm sure it's the same for the forward part of a British infantry battalion or a German panzer kampfgruppe, multiple formations allow 'whales' to get their ideal nostalgic Soviet-killing force on the table. There isn't really a similar group of customers for the Soviets, in the end too much about how they would have fought and how well is completely up in the air.

I like giving them the benefit of the doubt, and playing them like the ACR fought them at NTC, rapid moving, sneaky, and capable of transitioning quickly from movement to a very careful defence in depth.
>>
I think a lot of it is as people have already aluded to. Outside of the world wars, BF have a particular narritive in their head about certain conflicts, and there is alway an unspoken "hero" side and "villain" side. Or rather than villian, you could say (as virus said) NPCs, that act as target practice for the heros.

For Tour of duty is USA vs NPCs
For FoaN its Israel vs NPCs
For TY is NATO vs NPCs

This makes for a very boring match up sometimes. And its obviously the result of good research for the Hero, and a shallow glance at a bbc documentary for the Opfor.
>>
>>50893736
>The East Germans were frequently rated to the same combat readiness as the Soviet Guards Units, they are not just some EW T-26 swarm.

I can accept the gimped T-72M, it's historical. I could even accept their rubbish interpretation of the T-55AM2 if they threw us a bit more of a bone than the 4+ skill.

The option of reliable roll numbers (representing crew skill) and sub-par unit statistics (representing the equipment) would have added a genuinely diverse second faction to the Warsaw Pact. As opposed to the Spam and Spammier options we were given.

Favorable roll numbers would also work to keep the unit costs high to stop gamey players from driving a $1000 tide of resin across the board
>>
>>50894481
> Volksarmee

Looking at the cost alone of East Germans forces they should have realised they need to do something differently. But hey, it's BF: apparently they never learn.

I fear this is where BF begins slowly killing TY as a game thanks to their own ineptness, much like their L-LW WW2 releases. With each sub-standard Soviet or Pact release they hurt the health of game...it just makes me sad, it could be so much better.
>>
From PSC FB:

New plastic 15mm T55 variants announced

We're very excited to announce, that PSC will be producing a boxset of the ubiquitous T55AM2B Main Battle Tank in service with the DDR's NVA the boxset will contain 5 hard plastic MBT's with options to build 2 variants the T55AMB2, and the T55A that saw service with many WARPAC nations during the cold war, such as Czechoslovakia and Poland to name the more popular ones. The image pictured is the fantastic box artwork that has been done for us by a new artist to PSC Eugene Duranin, we're rather pleased with it.

The 15mm pack contains 5 models and will retail at around £21.50

We are hoping that these will be available towards the end of the first quarter in 2017, so around late March or early April.

We will be putting these up for pre-orders both through our webstore and from retailers too. We are so excited about these, that Will has volunteered our Trade Sales Manager Tim Harris, to paint up a box of these to give away to one lucky pre-ordering customer, as well as a 10% discount too! At Christmas Will's generosity knows no bounds. Tim's not a bad painter really, having won several prestigious awards in the time that he has been painting, including the Tamiya Magazine Trophy and more recently holds 4 Best Painted trophies from the Flames of War European Team Championships, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. We're told by his team mates that he's rather slow though! Below are some examples of his models.

So keep an eye on our Facebook page as well as some of the forums, for more information and images of, what we hope will be the first in a series of Cold War projects from PSC.

Whew lads...
>>
>>50894946
Dang, forgot pic...
>>
>>50891824
>>50892892
PSC confirmed on their FB page that T-55 is in the making. also this:

"So keep an eye on our Facebook page as well as some of the forums, for more information and images of, what we hope will be the first in a series of Cold War projects from PSC."

Sounds like they are going all in...
>>
Am I reading right from last thread there's a SU-25 in Volksarmee? Didn't they have SU-22s?
>>
Am I reading right that best germany gets SU-25s, too? They only had SU-22s at the fall of the wall...
>>
>>50892892
I think you are on to something. Just need the Bradley and some stats for the M1A1 and you could run the Battle of 73 Easting

>>50893272
Maybe, maybe not. We'll see about the next soviet release.

Just try voicing any of these valid complaints about gameplay on the forum or facebook group. You'll be hit by massive blowback. Those people are 100% about the toys. I think that is who battlefront is tailoring the game to. And why not? I know of 3 people at my local shop that have bought every single army when it's released.

>>50894899

It will be fine as the new releases continue to come in, but eventually the well will run dry and they will have to fix the game. I mean do you guys see TY playing anywhere near the same level as V3 for tourney play? With the mook horde of soviet Mechanized spam, the stout British Mechanized units, and the morale rules being what they are several games are going to go down to time.

>>50894946

Based PSC are saints, but after they release their kit just wait for people to start building the T-55 horde with a few missile AA units to shoot down tornadoes/harriers. Like Eagles said I am tempted to build the spam list too, but I probably won't due to time constraints and money.
>>
>>50893736
>Reading many autobiographies of Soviet soldiers, it's clear that the veterans learned tricks to survive, but they mostly came down to taking a covered approach to the target, then rushing it quickly. They didn't evolve Western tactics, they just got better at their own tactics.
Wait wait wait, Phil thinks that getting better at your own doctrine means you don't improve unless you work out western doctrine? What the fuck?
>>
>>50894899
Yeah, it's alright (well, it isn't, but you know what I mean) when it happens to the soviets in WW2. They're just one of four main players. In TY the soviets are The Other Guys, and just like 'nam and AIW there's going to be problems if there's no market for an unlimited amount of guys to play the spammy NPC faction.
>>
>>50895325
>>50895363
Spooky.
>>
So the T-55AM is 16 points for all 10 and there's three battallions? So you can totally have 62 T-55s in a 100 point game? Fuck me, this is worse than BMP spam.
>>
>>50895681

You have access to 3 tank formations as part of the panzer division force. A HQ and 3x3 tank platoons only costs 24 points for T72's and 7 for T55's.

You also get 3 BMP formations and 3 BTR, and each of those can take a tank company, so I expect there's some real bullshit to be had here once people work out the optimal arrangement.
>>
>>50895742
Optimal arrangement fuck. On an open field with no losses, two full abrams platoons get 64 hits in six turns. Assuming some of those platoons are out of LOS or overkill or are in cover there's literally not enough shots to stop them.
>>
T-55 lists seem like hard-counters to brit milanspam. Lots of cheap tanks you don't care about exploding that hit on 3+ in assault and lots of spare points for artillery and AA.
>>
>>50895760
I think the optimal arrangement if you want to cheese is T-55s with just enough missile AA to support them against a tornado attack. Just dash forward until you get into knife fighting range. Bring a few mine clearing devices in case the NATO player tries to drop minefields.
>>
>>50895872
Yeah, after thinking on it this is my conclusion too. 54 T-55s saves you twelve points, and that gives you some potentially decent support.
>>
File: IMG_0021.jpg (349KB, 1323x1011px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0021.jpg
349KB, 1323x1011px
>>50895867
Wait a second are they 3+ in assault or 5+? The T-72M is 5+ . This is the the WGI unit card, which may not be accurate.

If the T-55AM is 3+ in assault it just got quite a bit better.
>>
>>50891265
>>50895962
Looking at that image from last thread, even though it looks a bit fuzzy, it still looks like a 5. Which means the T-55 will still be shit in assault. Even if it had a 3+ it's 4+ cross would make it near impossible to go into the woods to clear out concealed infantry.
>>
>>50896003
The T-55 is unclear but the T-72 is definitely 5, so I'll admit on balance it's probably 5+.

What's with the entire warsaw pact having really shit assault ratings? I thought the myth of the soviets was them charging into machineguns and overrunning the line, not them running up to the battlements and choking on their own bootlaces.
>>
>>50896170
I guess you could write it off by saying "muh numbers" , but even then with the T-55 you are only going to get half of them into the terrain to even initiate the assault. Then a couple get pasted from defensive fire... and then you do shit in assault.

I think it's safe to write off assaults altogether in Team Yankee. Which leaves you with no choice but to roll up the guns and shoot while stationary. If you are shooting concealed gtg nato infantry on the move with the T-55AM, you will be hitting on 7s.

But hey, Brit bong tanks get 3+ assault. And are 4+ to hit and better armor and RoF 2 while stationary. The chieftain doesn't cost too terribly much more than the T-72. Their main downfall is the platoon size and how it interacts with the morale rules.

Anyone else feel uncomfortable with the morale rules?
>>
>>50897097
>Anyone else feel uncomfortable with the morale rules?

Yes, that and 6" command are the two things I absolutely hate. It was just simplified, backwards-design from BF: pretty stupid choices IMO.
>>
>>50897097
>Anyone else feel uncomfortable with the morale rules?

i don't know i havn't played nearly enough games of team yankee but i'm pretty sure leopard 2s shouldn't be running away too easily
>>
So I was looking at TY for a small homebrew and took a look at the Mi-24 ATGMs and why are the Hind's ATGMs fucked up?

I mean the bloody things have more range than the fucking TOW in RL but in TY it has less than half of the TOW's range.

Is it balance or just bullshit?
>>
>>50897487
Justification for that is that the range represents the position of the Hind as the missile reaches its targets, since Hinds would be moving around instead of trying to snipe like NATO hunter-killers.
>>
>>50897487
They're that way because the hind did strafing runs rather than static shots, so to reflect the fact the hind might enter AA range during flight, it has a shorter range.
>>
>>50898174
This is almost certainly one of those things that would've changed quite rapidly in actual war. Strafing was used for precision in afghanistan, and shortly after Stingers showed up in numbers they switched to NOE pop-up attack.
>>
>>50898174
>>50898223
We'll that's horse shit they'd probably stop doing that pretty quick
>>
>>50898427
They did. See above.
>>
>>50898476
Shame bf latched on to another way to make the soviets a "horde rush no tactics lol" army
>>
>>50898174
>>50898518
How about allowing afghansty to upgrade to longer range (representing the change in tactics) for a point or two per flight?
>>
How about not just making them the vets NATO deserves in the first place?
>>
>>50898583
How about giving it to all the helicopters and also making afghansty and east Germans vets and unfucking the t-55 a bit
>>
File: IMG_0025.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0025.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Volksarmee BTR-60s
>>
>>50898583
Sadly, the afghansty wouldn't be any different in 85; stingers only showed up in 86, and that lead to the shift in engagement tactics.
>>
File: IMG_0024.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0024.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Volksarmee BRDM-2 scouts.
>>
File: IMG_0026.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0026.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Volksarmee Gaskin. 4chan is flipping my pictures for some reason.
>>
File: IMG_0027.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0027.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Volksarmee Hinds (spoiler: Red Banner Hinds with 4+ skill)
>>
>>50899641
>range 48"
>FP 5+

Ouch.
>>
Actually reading the profiles this really feels like a rush job.
>>
>>50899492
>>50899613
>>50899641
>>50899665

Thanks for the pics, any pic of the whole division?
>>
File: dwda3242423.jpg (71KB, 716x960px) Image search: [Google]
dwda3242423.jpg
71KB, 716x960px
>>50895325
>>50895363
If you look closely it says Red Banner, the NVA did not operate Su25s. Just buy some 1:144 Su22s or MiG23BNs.
>>
>>50900540
>are those su22 models done?
>nah just have them get the exact same airplanes flown my Russians
>well at least we can use this as an opportunity to introduce hips
>eh we already have hinds in plastic just give them the exact same helicopter
>>
>>50899568
Sadly, the us getting to spam m1 tanks over m60s wouldn't be any more realistic
>>
>soviets and war pact don't have unit variety
>just a smokescreen statement for not wanting to make any effort
>>
File: i have no idea what you mean.jpg (113KB, 400x382px) Image search: [Google]
i have no idea what you mean.jpg
113KB, 400x382px
>>50901788
>>
>>50901762
>spam
>8 points per tank

At 80pts for 2 HQ tanks and 2 platoons of 4, that's hardly spam.
>>
>>50902566
Abrams weren't that common a thing, man
>>
>>50902327
My bad, forget t the tfw part

But seriously, I keep hearing this soviets have no unit variety to model meme, and it's just being used as a smokescreen for lack f research and general laziness by the company,
>>
>>50902603
>3,273 M1 Abrams were produced 1979-85 and first entered US Army service in 1980.

They weren't exactly uncommon either.

The real question is how many were in front line duty in Germany in 1985.
>>
File: I dunno.jpg (13KB, 270x250px) Image search: [Google]
I dunno.jpg
13KB, 270x250px
>>50902627
I know I'm talking out of my ass but
I was thinking the unit variety had more to do with communism and soviet control over the iron current standardizing everything.
where as nato members are all distinct nations with their own engineering groups with a greater tendency towards growing inventive minds because of economic operational models.
Could also be due to tanks and IFVs being refined that the soviets also don't have a lot of variety. WW2 h ad so many different tanks because people were still trying to figure out how to build them and war is a great motivator.
But i don't fucking know.
I was hopping for some chinese because you fucking know the chinese aren't going to sit by and not capitalize on the confusion to gain ground
PKK and turkish also sound right interesting.
South American sounds legit
and i would like to see where india goes post raj when it has to fight the red tide,
>>
>>50902780
>where as nato members are all distinct nations with their own engineering groups with a greater tendency towards growing inventive minds because of economic operational models.
Eh, there's plenty of good designers on both sides, but NATO is basically all independent countries.

I mean, compare the Abrams, Leo 2 and Chally. They're all virtually the same tank. Or compare the M113 and FV432, or marder/warrior/bradley, etc etc. Having competition for designs is useful but it would have been far more helpful to subsequently all use the same model of vehicle to improve production efficiency and logistics.
>>
>>50902780
The Soviets ran an absolute shitload of stuff. If BF are serious about exploring the depth of the USSR's inventory NATO are going to be looking like the samey ones.

Of course judging by Volksarmee it's just gonna be the same spam with different minis.
>>
>>50903248
The original plan for what became the Abrams and Leopard 2, was to develop a joint American/German standardized main battle tank.

Although that fell apart due to differing design requirements from the US and German militaries.
>>
>>50903289
T-80 when
Hip when
>>
>>50902780
>standardizing
>Soviets
This is the nation that ran 3 almost completely identical but incompatible MBTs because their engineers acted like preteen girls.
>>
>>50903589
I did say i was talking out of my ass
>>
>>50903589
Yeah, just making the T-72 and making it the testbed for all the nice shit would've been the better decision.

BMPs and BTRs being in use across the entire warsaw pact is a better example.
>>
File: IMG_0028.jpg (29KB, 750x161px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0028.jpg
29KB, 750x161px
Average post from the facebook group.
>>
File: snake nazi.jpg (62KB, 680x496px) Image search: [Google]
snake nazi.jpg
62KB, 680x496px
>>50904368
I like this stupid bullshit
>>
>>50904368
Must be the German or TY facebook groups, since I've never seen that on the FoW unofficial or British ones.
>>
File: 1459426496944.jpg (131KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1459426496944.jpg
131KB, 1024x768px
>>50904368
is he going to make them occult alien artifact hunters too?
>>
So I received a BMP box for Christmas and when I get home to start making my BMPs, I discover that not only do I have the wrong unit cards (for T-72s), there are also no BMP sprues at all. It's basically just the contents of the T-72 company set in a BMP box, sealed in plastic shrink wrap and everything.

I'm not even angry, I'm impressed.

Still gonna see if I can get BF to send me a replacement box because I want BMPs, but hey.
>>
>>50904987
Well another valuable member is speaking of zombies now.
>>
>>50899613

Thanks for this, my fears about the Team Yankee points system have been confirmed.

2 Fearless Vet Luchs with Thermals, decent armour and a range 20" autocannon cost the same as 2 Confident Trained BRDM's with a HMG and IR.

I'm out Battlefront, your move.
>>
>>50905115
>You see yuri, we will tell capitalist pig-dog that tank is BMP
>Then he will no expect tank to show up
>is brilliant
>>
>>50905485
Luchs is CV, BRDM is CT

Luchs is 2/2/0, BRDM is 1/0/0
luchs has range 20" rof 3/2, BRDM has 20" RoF 3/2
Luchs has AT 7 FP 5+, BRDM is AT 5 FP 5+

Luchs is faster on all terrain except for a Road Dash

Of course, the main thing you're buying them for is the Spearhead, which they both do.

Not as egregious as your post makes it out to be but the Luchs is still definitely better and this is certainly a huge failure of the points system
>>
>>50905611
also the BRDM has a coax MG that can fire alongside the 14.5mm while the Luchs has an AA MG (that can't fire alongside the cannon?)
>>
>>50905611
oh AND the Luchs is a Scout while the BRDM is not, so the Luchs can move and stay Gone to Ground
>>
>>50905640
Because according to battlefront soviet potato scouts are too ducking stupid to use cover while they advance.

I'm not as upset about he points difference as I am about the BRDM-2 missing important traits for a recon unit.
>>
File: stern yuri.jpg (376KB, 1541x964px) Image search: [Google]
stern yuri.jpg
376KB, 1541x964px
>>50905704
>>50905640
i mean they are in the same place as the scorp for england.
and honestly i can wait to get my hand on them, they seem like annoying little vet buggers.
>>
File: 1447295920457.jpg (52KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
1447295920457.jpg
52KB, 630x420px
>>50903414

Red Thunder....

>>50904368
mfw

>>50905485
>>50905611
>>50905640
>>50905633

nice point there....

good catch. ....glad i have 8 of the shits
>>
>>50905800
Luchs are love. Luchs are life. I always run 8 with my list. Last game, they shot down 2 hinds and killed the infantry the Hinds had deployed on an objective.
>>
>>50905879
really?

they don't have anti-helicopter....that's the Marder. it was the turn they landed, i surmise?

i'd never trust that firepower.

but Gepards,
they have all the uses...
>>
>>50906191
the luchs do have an AA MG

might've got lucky
>>
Got most of my christmas loot assembled. The M10s were perfect, no flash or anything and they went together easy. The Churchill ARV required some bending of the tracks to avoid unsightly gaps, like most of BF's Churchills. The Locusts have slightly uneven treads, and the guns were a pain in the ass to put on. The Typhoon was a fucking bitch, and continuous problems with it prevented me from getting it ready in time to prime on probably the only 60 degree day for months.

But they all got assembled in the end. More than I can say for these fucking 17pdrs. Who the fucking fuck designed these fucking guns? The damn trails won't fucking glue to the fucking gun mount. Yes I'm fucking mad, 3 hours left to dry and the superglue STILL hasn't cured and glued the fucking spindly little shit trails to the mount. How the fuck are these supposed to be assembled?
>>
File: Assembled.png (2MB, 1426x803px) Image search: [Google]
Assembled.png
2MB, 1426x803px
>>50907697
Oh, and a pic for anyone wondering exactly how tiny the locusts are. They're fucking adorable. Also, interestingly, their turrets fit perfectly on the PSC Stuart, and (with the tabs filed away) the reverse is also true.
>>
>>50907713
Looks lovely, keep up the good work!
>>
What do you do to give a persobal choice to your company/battalion?
>>
>>50910528

I meant touch
>>
>>50910528
a little bit of decal work can go a long way for vehicles. Kill rings on tank barrels. Appliqué armor or sandbags.

For infantry some painters will actually put the unit patches on. I am nowhere near talented enough to do that. A little extra detail in basing is pretty easy to do and can add some flare. Army painter has a variety of terrain you can just cut out and glue right on to add some 3D detail to your bases.
>>
File: Guards_Troop_1_Gren.jpg (124KB, 760x800px) Image search: [Google]
Guards_Troop_1_Gren.jpg
124KB, 760x800px
>>50910528
Stowage mainly, though for my Churchills there's also the track armor (I had to buy TWO US stowage blisters to get enough treads for them). I'm still trying to figure out how to add a personal touch to my infantry, which I think will mainly be done through objective markers and maybe the unit arc on the shoulder.
>>
>>50905611
Don't you get more skill perks with BRDMs though? Like assault/remount stuff?
>>
>>50910956
Fuck no their morale numbers are all the same and the Luchs has a 3+ skull

The brdm hits on 6s in an assault and counterattacks in 5s, while the Luchs hits on 5s and counterattacks on a 6. Both are complete shit in that regard
>>
>>50911104
3+ Skill, rather, as compared to the brdm having a 4+
>>
>>50910528
For tanks, I try to do two crewmen on vehicles that allow it while Platoon Commanders only have one: Churchills and Tigers for example, with one "big" crewman and another smaller guy alongside him. Just for the CinC, and maybe 2iC.
>>
>>50910528
Stowage (I like my Shermans so that I can barely tell if it's an M4A1 or an M4A3), camo netting, tracks, and crew (2, or possibly 3, on the CiC, 2 on the 2iC, 1 on any platoon commanders, and quite often 1 on one or 2 other tanks in the platoon as well, possibly using the loaders hatch)
>>
>>50890759
Just fucking shoot me now
>>
>>50911616
I'll try but all i have is this slow firing, rof 1 gun.
And i've moved and you're over 16' away
>>
>>50912913
Hey now they at least have a laser rangefinder

Did we ever figure out what a Basic Stabilizer does?
>>
>>50912960
It isn't on the final print version of the card
>>
>>50912960
+4 inchs
-1 to shoot is it not
>>
>>50890759
So basically Battlefront wants a faceless horde of easily expendable people to fight their brave American heroes and co. with the only difference being a switch in the colour of the uniforms and equipment.

While it's true the Soviets always had a numerical advantage, and late in the game, their equipment had fallen behind (severely in some areas), the Soviets and allies still had some very nasty stuff along with numerous niche units and pieces of equipment.

Of course that would add personality to the Asiatic Hordes, who are depicted in almost every Battlefront work as being robots or automatons repeating the same tired party lines.
>>
>>50913165
No that's a normal stabilizer
>>
>>50913541
then what would the difference be from normal and basic?
>>
>>50913576
There is no basic stabilizer. It appeared on the unit card shown in Wargames Illustrated, but is not on the Volksarmee unit card.
>>
>>50911616
Can't I'm at +1 to hit for moving.
>>
The thing that confuses me is how they're going to stat weaker T-55s. FA12, sure, but as the description points out the AMB2 has a reaLlysfaen sophisticated FCS compared to the A
>>
>>50913576
Normal exists basic doesn't
>>
>>50913576
"We can talk about 'normal' 'till the cows come home."

"What is 'normal'?"

"What is 'home'?"

"What's a 'cow'?"
>>
>>50913686
Will we even see the older T-55s in Team Yankee?

As it is, the version we're getting for Volksarmee is a bit outdated.
>>
That's the joke
>>
>>50913686
>>50915588

They'll have can't move and shoot or hen and chicks or some other bullshit.
>>
>>50915588
Should do; some T-55As might not have been modified in soviet service and many wouldn't be in other countries.
>>
Currently got:

10 T-72s

5 BMPs

a motostrelk company box

2 hinds

4 shilkas

4 gophers

3 carnations

Where do I go from here?
>>
>>50917737
8 more hinds

Death from above tovarisch
>>
File: smug nercon.jpg (72KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
smug nercon.jpg
72KB, 451x451px
>>50917737
I suggest a milian section, a chieftain platoon and a rapier AA.
>>
>>50917737
More BMPs! You can at least use them as recon.
>>
>>50910528
i play infantry so i guess basing is all i have to make them somewhat unique. i guess since i was going to model my dudes to be croatian legion i could swap a few heads for the libyan fez heads but that sounds fiddley as fuck.

how does one make an infantry force their own?
>>
>>50919364
In 15mm scale? It comes down to basing. There isn't much you can do to the figures themselves when they're not much larger than a penny.

Tanks, halftracks, objective markers, etc are easier to customize.
>>
>>50915588
The AM2 was pretty new in 1985, the NVA didn't actually historically have it by then. The Polish T-55AM(Merida) might be slightly better and there was the USSR T-55AMV with ERA but that's it.

BF's stats are just crap because they wanted a spam tank - which they could have just included the T-55A for.
>>
Finland OP as fuck.

We had a new player at our club tonight, who had never played a tabletop wargame before. He had been invited by one of our regulars, who had convinced him to give the Finns a try. Borrowing some T-34s from the local soviet, and proxying his infantry and guns from various appropriately sized one we had between us, we were able to give him this force at 1000pts.

His first game was against a list that I didn't realize was a 1500 point list until I totaled it up right now. 12 Panzer IVs and 2 Tigers. This is what things looked like at the end of turn 5: CiC Panzer IV, 2iC Panzer IV, and one survivor from one of the Panzer IV platoons, vs the utterly untouched infantry and guns, a T-34/85, and the CiC in a his T-34.

His second game was against the regular that got him into the game, who was using an American list with a M6 (yes, ahistorical, we let him use it since it's basically a worse uparmored 76 sherman), a radically diverse sherman platoon, and two Calliopes. After the first turn, where the regular was unable to hit him because it was 7s to hit concealed GtG vets, he realized all he had to do was cluster near his objective, position the AT guns outward, and then sit tight till the shermans made a wrong move. If our regular had had recce, this game would have ended very differently. Instead, it went to turn 8, when the guns finally opened up because we ran out of time, and some tanks started dying. US player lost a platoon, while the finns still had all 4, so victory went to the finns.
>>
File: IMG_20161228_212222836.jpg (3MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161228_212222836.jpg
3MB, 2432x4320px
>>50922964
Now some of this was undoubtedly due to the sparser than normal terrain we had to deal with tonight (half of our forests belong to other regulars) combined with some good defensive positioning, but still. 1500 vs 1000 and he won, and he had never played ANY tabletop game before. God have mercy upon us, because the Finns won't.
>>
>>50919364
That's a big part of the appeal of minor nations for me. They're sort of unique just by existing since so few people around me play them.

Also love that picture.

>>50922964
Finns can be brutal. I'm looking forward to building my Finn armies.
>>
>>50923792
yeah my other armies are Italy and Hungary. minor armies are a lot for fun imo but its nice to have some heavy equipment n LW.
i mighy make a flag with green stuff and paint a 15mm approximation of pic related.
>>
fvs
>>
>>50921997
Yeah, this is the thing that bugs me. If you wanted a shit spam tank say it's just the T-55A. We know that's going to be shit; the only tank still in use we expect to be worse is the T-34 and the AMX-13.
>>
>>50917737
more tanks
>>
File: DSCF1021.jpg (2MB, 3488x2616px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1021.jpg
2MB, 3488x2616px
rate my paint job
>>
>>50927628
Pretty solid. Your MGs are a bit flat and the wheels aren't shaded very consistently. There's some area where there's small gaps in the camo, particularly around transition lines. I don't know if that's accurate.
>>
>>50927628
You might want to fix the barrels on the one Gepard.
>>
so im thinking of dropping into team yankee, are there any decent aftermarket brit infantry models bout that fit? not a fan of the battlefront one
>>
File: IMG_0210.jpg (725KB, 1470x1471px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0210.jpg
725KB, 1470x1471px
>>50928380
Armies Army I've heard are pretty good, pic related, but I don't have any "in hand" yet.
>>
>>50928671
cheers they look alright, will check them out, hopefully plastic soldier company get on this train sooner rather than later
>>
>>50928718
Cold War infantry from PSC is unlikely for quite a while I suspect.
>>
>>50928958
yeah i suppose

they showed a painted lynx on their fb, does anyone know if thats something theyre working on or is it just a random pic?
>>
does anyone have any sites or sources that detail How various British regiments would have been outfitted/operated cold war era?

Im looking to do a Royal Green Jackets force but im struggling to find sources on their equipment/transports/organisation

i know they were light infantry/recce but i cant find whether they operated their own scimitars/scorpions and whether they would have had any air mobile assets
>>
>>50929496
It's a Battlefront model: it was used as an example to show the painting of Tim Harris who will paint a box of the T-55 for one lucky pre-order customer.
>>
>>50929644
ah right i see, i guess if i read that properly id have worked that out

cheers anon

there goes my hopes of a cheap airmobile list
>>
>>50928958
Yeah. Especially since we're only just now seeing them announce that they're doing a plastic T-55 kit.
>>
File: IMG_0962.jpg (155KB, 1230x699px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0962.jpg
155KB, 1230x699px
>>
File: 3212464332446.jpg (132KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
3212464332446.jpg
132KB, 1024x682px
>>50932708
so sexy, she deserved better
>>
>>50932708
Volksarmee art?
>>
>>50933984
It's from PSC's Facebook announcement.
>>
File: IMG_0032.jpg (237KB, 638x319px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0032.jpg
237KB, 638x319px
Emergency BMP
>>
Anyone know if the BRDM spandrels come in units of three/six or is it two/four? Trying to figure out how many to buy.
>>
>>50936978
Spandrels come in units of 2 or 3 similar to the jaguar. Looking at the packaging for most of the BRDM-2 vehicles they come in packs of 3.

The BRDM-2 scout and the Gaskin comes in units of 2 or 4. Since each variant has its own box, they better be sold in boxes of 4 not 3 or I am calling Battlefront out on their bullshit.
>>
>>50922964
You had no infantry support, not a surprise the Finns, an army known for being batshit insane enough to attack tanks with logs and win, won.
>>
>Hungariboo vs C3K the sequel tomorrow

Time to start working up a couple lists for C3K and myself, since all he'll have with him is some T34's.

Tempted to run a DM Tank school list or something a bit more out there. I always run my Hungarians so I feel like my Krauts need some love.
>>
>>50925847
I want to see the AMX just to relive my worst World of Tanks memories
>>
>>50939649
The AMX-13 already exists in Arab and Israeli service. Well in Arab service as the Sherman M4/FL-10 but there you go.
>>
>>50929619
try the hwg general. the sticky is full of useful stuff.
>>
>BF is finally adding what looks like every list to Forces
>including some that I swear were free right before being added to Forces
I'm ok with Romanian mountaineers going paywall if they make an actual change to the list. The amount of bookkeeping needed is insane, I have 9 different morale values to track and they shift every game.
>>
>>50890538
how do i into japan latewar non-pacific
>>
>>50941534
you can't. only EW and LW pacific

has anyone ever tried japs vs anything other than marines? can their AT kill anything?
>>
>>50941606
the banzai book has the PW and L marker on the book.

i thought that meant they could be played with late war armies
>>
>>50941628
... you just use the LW points. Everything have two points values, for Pacific (which is identical to EW, though some equipment wasn't available by EW), and LW. LW points means an LW game, and they're at least supposed to work on even footing with everything else LW
>>
>>50941656
i guess what im mainly asking, is how do they play and how to build a list for them.

i'm new
>>
>>50941668
well i dunno about LW but EW japan plays aggressively.

Take as much FV infantry as you can while still covering your bases, like AT and AA. Japanese tanks don't really play like regular tanks in my experience. I used them to help pin units while i charge the enemy head on. Some might say this is a bad idea but they just don't love the emperor enough. rifle teams will almost always be outdone by rifle/mg or smg at a range so use your Veteran status and insane morale. also your officers hit in close combat on a 2+

don't play to win though lol.
>>
>>50941668
Well, you'll probably want to play a Japanese elite infantry list, since Japanese tanks are kinda shit in late war.

At that point, they're quite similar to other elite infantry forces, like the Brits, just lacking some gun options but being even more dangerous in assault.

On the defense, make them come to you and break themselves trying to get you outta those foxholes.
Most people don't want to assault Japanese and don't have the firepower to dig all of your troops out at range.
On the attack (preferably at night, since you can do that) you gotta sneak up to the enemy and try to strike hard with a big infantry assault before it's dawn.
Without the cover of night, use smoke and terrain like woods to provide concealment on your charge instead. Against a pinned target without a bunch of HMGs, your odds will be at least decent then, especially with the Banzai Charge and maybe banners.
>>
>>50939279
I was watching both games and explaining the rules, since I'm kinda the gro rules dude. Also because we had 5 people.

But yeah, motherfuckers need to get infantry and recce.
>>
>>50922964

Is this a baited post?

If tanks rush into a mass of dug-in infantry and AT guns with no support from artillery and infatnry they -should- lose horribly.
>>
>>50928671

Those look really nice.

The BF ones look like the pumpkin-headed early 00's figures. Very disappointing.
>>
>>50942500
I'll post pics when they arrive and I get a chance to actually paint them. He also has VDV (Soviet Airborne) in winter gear.
>>
>>50891193
M56 helmets

Also, Puhdys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EDczkd-Ofw
>>
I'm really tempted to buy some soviets just to try out this list:
Hero Heavy Tankovy
CiC IS-2 '44+Escort+Bedspring+.50 cal
3x IS-2 '44+Escort+Bedspring+.50 cal
2x IS-2 '44+Escort+Bedspring
4x T-34-85 (CT)
2x Katyusha+Extra Crew
Limited IL-2

1625, 4 Platoons
>>
>>50942978
Why
>>
>>50942457
No, not bait. Though if you take the "Finland OP as fuck" bit literally you need more experience with hyperbole.

Really, decent list design for the finns and gobshit design for the krauts/US is what decided those games. US would have easily won thier game if they had swapped one M4A1 Sherman for a foot recce platoon. The German player has a blindspot when it comes to infantry and guns, which is what got him killed.
>>
>>50942978
Are you a masochist? You aren't even bringing heavy mortars, arguably the only point effective hero unit in the hero heavy tankovy.
>>
File: slave kind of feel.jpg (7KB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
slave kind of feel.jpg
7KB, 255x191px
>>50942978
it's going to suck tovarish
>>
>>50943317
I really like how ISs look
I think they can be the most effective assault unit with that configuration and hitting like veterans
They are also really solid unless you face KTs or Jagtigers
I took a plane to deal with pesky dug-in guns and big tanks
I dunno, i like even how it looks on the table
>>
>>50943983
>I think they can be the most effective assault unit with that configuration and hitting like veterans
The most effective assault unit is infantry, which are much cheaper.
>>
>>50943983
You have 6 (six) IS and they get 1 (one) shot each which are probably gonna hit on 6s and that's on a GOOD turn where the enemy somehow isn't gone to ground not that you'll get that because you have no recce
>>
>>50919364
>tfw no Char B1 Bis
>>
tfw no Brummbär gf
>>
File: IMG_0990.png (17KB, 380x275px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0990.png
17KB, 380x275px
>>50942978
>Hero IS-2s

>pic related
>>
>>50944168
Infantry can be easily repelled with MGs, ISs cannot be repelled easily
>>
>>50948608
Panzer I Fs. That's your best ever Assault Unit. Front armour eight Side armour five, top armour two.
>>
>>50948608
Terrain, panzerfausts/schrecks/bazookas, anti-tank guns behind whatever you're assaulting... Oh, and 5 hits still means your tank escorts won't swing the first time around (and then the AT assets are there, and hitting your top armor).

There are some things that tanks are better at assaulting (HMGs) and there are somethings that infantry are better at assaulting (anti-tank guns, most stuff in heavy terrain).
>>
>>50948651
I'll take a StuH with tank riders but instead of assaulting I sit there and pound them with RoF 2
FP 2+ breakthrough guns
>>
File: KIMG0014.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0014.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
>tfw you realize you have a tank version of Pavlov's house
>>
>>50948710
Shreck and bazooka hits are saved on 2+ and on a failed save 4+, pzfausts are saved on 4+ and then on a failed save 4+ again
>>
>>50948608
You know what else can't be repelled with MGs? Literally any other tank.

Also stop charging HMG platoons with infantry, it's really not hard to get into assault with a bit of prep.
>>
>>50949229
I can't tell if you're trying to troll or if you're actually this new.

You realise a platoon full of bazookas/pfausts wants you in assault so they can hit your tanks with 1-3 TA 5-6 hits each, right?
>>
I've got a question for those more knowledgeable than me: Is there a way to do Finnish or Hungarian infantry in plastic? Not too familiar with their uniforms, so I don't know if any of the other ones are close enough to use.
>>
Question: how do you go about picking an army to play? i know for american's you can go with popular WW2 movies but what about other forces? Mainly the evil bad no good dont even think about playing Nazis?
>>
>>50951816
hungarians
you could paint plastic germans khaki and most people wouldn't be able to tell and of those who could, not many would care. the problem is the distribution of weapons. hungarians didn't center their squad level tactics around their section MG as heavily as the Germans. Also they had their own SMG which looked different to the mp40. and their officers and NCOs had different caps.

personally i wouldn't care. at 15mm its hard to tell anyway.

all that being said the webbing on a lot of the plastic germans is lazy and you get canteens that blend into peoples backs in a weird way.
>>
File: PzIE.jpg (232KB, 850x686px) Image search: [Google]
PzIE.jpg
232KB, 850x686px
>>50948651
one day i will have the full support company...

>>50949072
oh, that had to hurt!

>>50951884
how about...reading a book? doing some research with some cozy non-fiction is a perfect way....Fall of Crete and the Osprey on the subject cemented me for Fallschirmjager as my 2nd army choice...
>>
>>50952114
which books? i really don't want to spend an entire month researching different regiments to finally push little dollies around the table
>>
>>50952138
you are in the wrong place then.
people choose armies on two different basis. Either historical interest or looking for the most powerful list they can take. both require pouring through books. if you have no interest in the setting what the hell are you doing here?
>>
>>50952216
> if you have no interest in the setting what the hell are you doing here?

my friends are playing the game and i like painting models
>>
>>50952216
>>50952138
i know it sounds like some asshole comment, but anon is utterly fucking right.

let me introduce you to the lists a popular movie will get you to play:

Easy Company
Boat Weasels
Partisan Company
3rd armor USA
SS Potato Division.

let's say you go to a book, or worse, old ass movies (which are insanely inaccurate at times)

what lists are there?

absolutely everything else.

FoW is all about MAXIMUM NERD/AUTISM. who cares if you have a power army? the guys will give you the most praise for Romanian Cavalry, T-26's in late war, and for playing French tanks in German Service. people love shit lists in this game...Tiger fan's only became truly happy once their Tigers were falling apart...

dude, go to a library. it will not hurt you to read.
hell, go to wikipedia and look at all the nations in WWII, then come back once you picked one....we might recommend some books then.
>>
>>50952321
>dude, go to a library. it will not hurt you to read.

don't have the free time. i just want a fun army and possibly convert models into star wars theme
>>
>>50952350
welp... we've wasted our time. its a troll.

well played i guess.
>>
>>50952397
?
>>
will people sperg out if i show up with non-traditional models or paint schemes?
>>
File: deadnazi s.jpg (85KB, 604x591px) Image search: [Google]
deadnazi s.jpg
85KB, 604x591px
>>50952350
let me try and salvage this.

>Truth:
if you have the time to paint models for 20-90 hours in a month, you can do research for 30min-5 hrs in a year and not loose your shit.

easy mode: web.
Wikipedia has a list of the nations that fought in WWII.

most have an article that may hyperlink into what they generally did or to photos/landing pages for gear they used.

find an inspiration. 30 min. of searching will be fine...

do a Goggle image search. hell, look through our banners and the scans above.

come back when you have been given the coals of inspiration, we can help you fan the right one.
>>
>>50952512
Ask your local group first, some groups would be fine with it while others would be annoyed or angry. At a tourney or such, there'd certainly be someone against it. This is assuming you mean "non-traditional" as in "not WWII", instead of, say modeling your entire Finnish army using models of drinking or hung over/passed out soldiers. Painting your Riflemen in bright yellow and blue would probably annoy people, but doing something obviously inspired by but not strictly from history would probably be fine.

Also, don't know if you're posting from phone or what, but please capitalize where appropriate.
>>
>>50952216
mine was little bit of the first, and going 'what can I make with these 11 Shermans and 2 Firefly tanks I have'
>>
>>50952619
well given the reaction a few thread back to the Canadian Superhero paint job idea...
>>
>>50952549
bartoz you're a far more patient person than i will ever be.
>>
>>50952549
But thats the thing, i like painting models and see the therapeutic value of said exercise.

Reading up on on obsure WW2 information doesn't seem like fun and competes with actual studying.

but i've essentially flipped through some of the books and all the armies seem pretty samey in faction, i honestly don't know how to sort through them outside of infantry list, tank list, and mech. infantry list.

>>50952619
mY bAd, SeNpAi!
>>
>>50952718
well let me make it easy for you.

whay country are you from and what era do your friends play?
>>
>>50952740
America and late war

played around with the starter armies in the box set, but i think america is over played in my group of friends
>>
File: DSCN6891.jpg (424KB, 900x684px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN6891.jpg
424KB, 900x684px
>>50952640
>>50952664

i've always wanted to take Open Fire shermans and do that ridiculously stupid Polish Fearless Veterans list from Rome, but do them all in really weathered Polish Flag theme, covered in sayings like "KURWA!" , and convert all commanders to be full of rage, if not just grimacing / screaming mouths in a WWII uniform.

they are cheap enough all i'd be wasting is time.

oh, and i have this ready for painting:

beobachtungspanzertrakwagenkonversion von plastik
>>
>>50952768
have fun with that. Most my stuff already painted as got used, but have a pair of Sextons to paint, so may have some fun.
>>
>>50952767
well play german LW grenadeirs from the grey wolf book.

it gives you a starting point and plenty of options so if you change your mind later you can adjust easily
>>
>>50952802
thanks!

follow up questions,

-What are the other armies starter lists?
-How/why would you decide to switch into another list in faction?
-Honestly how much will it bother people if i painted my germans in a bright red, red baron-esque theme?
>>
>>50952619
>This is assuming you mean "non-traditional" as in "not WWII", instead of, say modeling your entire Finnish army using models of drinking or hung over/passed out soldiers. Painting your Riflemen in bright yellow and blue would probably annoy people, but doing something obviously inspired by but not strictly from history would probably be fine.

I kinda want to see a gag trooper line, like 40k inspired tank commander, football mortar team, or balancing it on his head, and other thing like that.
>>
>>50952891
i am not sure what you mean by starter lists. but every nation that fought (almost) is represented. My armies ard Italian, hungarian, and german.

people choose other nations because its called WORLD war two, not America vs Hilter. People choose different armies for different reasons. I play italy because i like the randomness in their skill and morale ratings, and my grandfather was an officer in the bersagleri. i play hungry because i read about the seige of budapest and thought it was cool.

people wouldn't probably not react well to strange paint jobs. part of this hobby for a lot of people is the historical research and recreation aspect so putting effort into research only to pit your dudes against clown looking troops is a little insulting for some. but check with your group first.
>>
>>50953050
im sorry... my english gets worse every day.
>>
>>50953050
>my grandfather was an officer in the bersagleri

neeto, our grandfathers could have shot at each other.

but i'm more talking about changing list in the same nation, ie why choose one german infantry list over another german infantry list.
>>
>>50953137
well again... history is a big part of this hobby so theres that reason. but also support choices, special rules, troop ratings.

One infantry list may be made up of enthusiastic volunteer university students with little skill, second class weapons but buckets of bravery. Another list may be made up of grizzly old veterans who have seen too much battle and who are more cautious but have better skill rating and better support. armies also differ from theatre to theatre. Germans in 1942 africa would bring different things to their brothers on the eastern front.
>>
>>50953251
on that theme, I chose for my first army, which is now going to be my 2nd, the US Nisei from Road to Rome. FV with rules to pass morale tests on a 2+ and a chance to honor one of the longest serving senators in the US, who had fought as a LT in the 442nd
>>
>>50953288
a fine choice sir.
>>
Hungariboo and I got together for a game of flames.

Scenario: Encounter
Delayed Scattered Reserves

I was in a rush packing up before coming down to western my so I just threw a tray of T-34s and some heavy mortars in my car. Mooched the rest of the models off of Hungariboo.

Soviet Tankovy (Guards)

Tank Company, from Desperate Measures, page 8

Compulsory Tankovy Batalon HQ (Guards) (p.9) - CinC T-34/85 obr 1944 (80 pts)

Compulsory Tankovy Company (Guards) (p.9) - Command T-34 obr 1942, 8x T-34 obr 1942 (365 pts)
- Add Cupolas to all T-34 obr 1942 (10 pts)

Compulsory Tankovy Company (Guards) (p.9) - Command T-34/85 obr 1944, 7x T-34/85 obr 1944 (555 pts)

Guards Heavy Assault Gun Company (p.25) - Command ISU-122, 2x ISU-122 (345 pts)
- 3x .50 Cal AA MG (ISU-122 or ISU-152 only) (15 pts) [Proxied with SU-152s]

Heavy Mortar Company (Guards) (p.18) - Command Rifle, 4x 120-PM-38 mortar (110 pts)
- Observer Rifle (15 pts)
- 3-ton truck per gun (5 pts)

1500 Points, 4 Platoons

Hungariboo

German Panzer Kampfgruppe (Trained Division)

Tank Company, from Desperate Measures, page 68

Compulsory Panzer Kampfguppe HQ (Trained) (p.69) - CinC StuG G (late), 2iC StuG G (late), 2x Tank Escorts (180 pts)

Compulsory Panzer Platoon (Trained) (p.70) - Command StuG G (late), 2x StuG G (late), 3x Tank Escorts (275 pts)

Compulsory Panzer Platoon (Trained) (p.70) - Command StuG G (late), 2x StuG G (late), 3x Tank Escorts (275 pts)

Schwere Panzer Platoon (p.83) - Command Hetzer, 2x Hetzer (275 pts)

Tracked Panzerspah Platoon (Trained) (p.85) - Command Panzer II L Luchs, 2x Panzer II L Luchs (90 pts)

Grenadier Kampfgruppe (Trained) (p.87) - Command Panzerfaust Rifle/MG, 4x Panzerfaust Rifle/MG (120 pts)
- 2x Panzerschrek (40 pts)
- 3x Weapons (90 pts)

Armoured Rocket Launcher Battery (Trained) (p.90) - Command SMG, Kfz 15 field car, Observer Rifle, Kubelwagen, 4x Panzerwerfer 42 (Maultier) (160 pts)

1505 Points, 6 Platoons
>>
how do you build a nisei list? or any list for that matter?
>>
>>50953251
I'm going through and collecting every dedicated mountain unit in FOW. They fit my infantry-dominated playstyle and mountains are comfy.
>>
File: IMG_0033.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0033.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I won the roll off to attack. I assemble my T-34/76s on the right flank to smash through terrain and attack the objective on the right. Hungariboo responded by deploying his Panzergrenadiers on the objective. I decide to approach this flank cautiously.

On the other flank I deploy my T-34/85s to slug it out with the enemy tanks on the other side and defend my objective on the left flank.
>>
File: IMG_1586.jpg (157KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1586.jpg
157KB, 1200x900px
>>50953519
there is the table in the book and that is how you build at first, you need to take the required platoons, and then build out. You want something to handle tanks, something to take care of infantry, and something to put the hurt on fortifications just in case. Attached is my list, which was mainly built on what I already got used, could get, or proxy with US troops
>>
>>50952321
>Easy Company

To be fair, there are a great many books to read about the 101st Airborne, even if your starting point is something like Band of Brothers or Saving Private Ryan.

And historically speaking, they were present at a large number of key American campaigns in 1944 and 1945.

Are they over-portrayed? Perhaps, but for someone who wants to dig deeper than they Hollywood gloss coat, there is a lot to learn about them.

As for choosing non-Hollywood lists, choose something that appeals to you. Even if it is a cliche.

You can have the small elite German force.

You can go full Soviet horde rush.

You can do slow and methodical British.

You can have Tanks that race across the battlefield, or infantry that digs in for a long and bloody defense.

It all depends on what you are looking to play.
>>
also one more question.

anyone have a guide on how to properly base these guys, im having trouble with the ring formed by the models being slightly smaller in diameter to the cut out in the base.
>>
>>50952768
I am loving that conversion.

I can't wait to see it fully painted.
>>
>>50953627

i have so damn much to do, it may be a while before it sees paint. at least it is basecoated. that works for most of my group (and me)

a lot to do:
--fully finish my Israeli's for the Mega Game. i will have 1 fully completed army.
--Stalingrad game in February, army is not even fully assembled....
--I have to do some eBay sales, meh
--Gonna start my project i've been waiting to do forever. this may take 2 years and 50% of my actual time. if it pans out, i will likely do a bigger better project we could hypothetically talk about here. sorry, no spoilers.
--Car maintenance and get my audio switched out.

i will try and have it all painted by March-ish or so, but i cannot guarantee.
>>
>>50952919
japan literally has "drive me closer, i want to hit them with my sword" command teams.

i should put a few on eBay for cheap along w everything else.
>>
>>50952321
>FoW is all about MAXIMUM NERD/AUTISM.
While I hardly disagree about reading, if you want a game that's maximum autist you really screwed up if you picked FoW. With all the generals running around in company games, artillery batteries placed within machinegun range and tank car-parks, FoW is definitely a "history channel version" of WW2.
>>
>>50949613
I'm not trolling neither new, i'm just saying they can charge almost everything and espect to survive while killing a fair amount of infantry:
-You almost can't repell them without guns due to side 8 and Bedspring armor
-If they get hit in assault by infantry carried AT, assuming they passed their counter-attack test, they make them reroll those hits due to Turret rear MG
-They still have top 2 wich means they get a 3+ save vs 'zooks
-They hit like veterans and with escorts
I mean i agree that they are expensive and suck at shooting most of the time but they can assault through most things and they just don't care, they are not as bad as you think they are, a good placed and executed assault on an objective can win you a game, you know.
>>
>>50953552
More :3
>>
>>50955796
>-They still have top 2 wich means they get a 3+ save vs 'zooks
And 5+ pfausts. You're going to get wrecked by anything with decent integral AT. You're probably going to get wrecked by AT rifles, and when you do a 20 point upgrade/team is going to knock out over a hundred points of tank, more if you covered it in upgrades.

And again, you know what else has top 2 and escorts? Matildas. Matildas are like 30 points per tank. Or if you really need side eight to assault (you don't but let's play pretend) you can get KV-1es, which are much cheaper. You don't need pseudovet when you have 2-3 times more tanks to roll dice with to begin with, and when you inevitably start losing tanks to AT weapons you didn't lose a third of one of your four platoons.

I mean, feel free to play the godawful list, it's your time and enjoyment you're wasting, but it doesn't work. Anything you can do with it some other list can do better or cheaper.
>>
Happy New Years /fowg/.

Time to enjoy that moment where I exist briefly a whole year later than everyone else in this thread. Lets try not to get too bummed out about V4.
>>
>>50953597
Fill it with putty. You need someone on the internet to tell you that?
>>
>>50956238
just blindly using my own solution would be ignoring the valuble gestalt mind that is the internet.
>>
>>50956248
Problem solving is harder than asking others to do it for you, got it.
>>
>>50956287
you must be a blast to play with :^)
>>
File: IMG_0034.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0034.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>50955846
Was posting on my phone and fell asleep. Continuing!

>>50953552
During the first turn I move up on both flanks and take a few shots that miss (hen and chicks). Hungariboo brings out his tank destroyers to strike back, but as they had to move to get a shot off, the damage was minimal. One bailed tank. On turn two I stand still and fire with all I got, taking out the 2ic that was stranded in the middle of the street. Hungariboo has horrible luck rolling for stormtrooper. His tanks return fire in turn two bailing another tank and killing one of the 76's. The ace hetzers move in to cut off my push on the right leaving the Stugs to fend off the 85's. The grenadiers stay gone to ground. I still have 6 T-34/76s that are in a position to fire at them.
>>
File: IMG_0035.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0035.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>50956469
Sorry for the block of text. I am posting from my phone.

On turn 3 I decide to hold on the right flanks with my 76s. The ace hetzers reroll misses and Hungariboo rolled top ace, giving the platoon commander RoF 4. It seemed suicide to try and move up in the face of that.

On the left flank I push up with all tanks and take a few close range shots at the Trained StuGs. My shots connect, penning and destroying two, the remaining crew is bailed and does not enjoy the war, leaving behind their bailed tank. Very good turn for me.

Hungariboo fails to bring in reserves on turn 3. Sensing the direness of this situation, he pushes up with the ace hetzers to shoot into the side of some of the 76's and close in to an objective on my side. They kill a 76 and bail a couple of others with the Pak 40 attached to the grenadiers opening up to provide covering fire.
>>
File: IMG_0036.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0036.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>50956537
Image: Turn 3 after I push up all my tanks.

During my turn 4 I get my 85's onto the objective house (Pavlov's House for Gifted Tanks). And take out his CiC hiding in the back. My 76s that were in the house bust through the wall (ypa!!!) to go face up against the Hetzers. ISU-122s come in from reserves and luckily come in from a corner that they can start taking shots at the Hetzers. Unfortunately we don't even scratch them this turn.
>>
File: IMG_0037.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0037.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>50956571
Hungariboo rolls for reinforcements in turn 4 hoping for some divine intervention and gets it. StuGs on the left flank plonk a few shots into my 85s killing one and bailing one. The ace Hetzers do okay. They kill a couple of 76s, but Hungariboo needed a better roll out of them.

I mistakenly said I was on the objective on turn 4. It isn't until turn 5 that I move my tanks around onto the objective. More from my turn 5 to come.
>>
File: IMG_0038.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0038.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>50956607
Last image shows the aftermath of Turn 5. There will be blood. My ISUs move up to get an unobstructed shot at the ace hetzers. 3 dice. 3 sixes. I somehow fail the 2+ firepower on the commander, but two of the bastards are dead. I get mortars in as reserve and plop them down in the corner in case I need to shoot next turn. At the end of my turn, I have control of Pavlov's house, forcing Hungariboo to take Desperate Measures to try and force me off.

Hungariboo gets Luchs on during his turn 5. They can't get close enough to shoot my mortars though. His StuGs that came on as reinforcements close to knife fighting range and kill a couple of 85s forcing a morale check next round. However he FAILS stormtrooper leaving his StuGs outside of 4" from the objective. His lone Hetzer remounts and blasts the remaining T-34s on that side killing 2 and bailing 1 forcing a morale check.

His infantry try to run in for a desperate assault, but tanks are scary things to charge, and they decide they'd like to survive the battle.
>>
File: IMG_0040.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0040.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>50956677
It all comes down to the morale save on my unit of T-34/85s. I roll... a 2, but thankfully my battalion commander is there to give me another shot. That roll passes and the soviets have taken Pavlov's house while sustaining horrible losses. Mission accomplished Comrade!

We could talk about a lot of things we'd do differently, and I'll let Hungariboo give his perspective, but I think the scenario really played into my favor. We played the wide edges of the table in a scenario with no ambushes allowing me to move up aggressively. His ace Hetzers were really good and I am thankful he didn't try to use them against my T-34/85s.

The area by the house was a tank graveyard by the time we were done. The fighting on that side of the board was brutal. Today it was a good day to be infantry.
>>
>>50955659
It's as autistic as you make it.

You can go full video game or movie history, or you can take a deep dive into a specific company during a specific battle.

How much or how little you care about the history itself is entirely up to you, and entirely independent of the rules of the game.
>>
>>50957788
You can't have an autism-simulator game when the game mandates you park your gun batteries that should be ten kilometres or more behind your front line where they can be charged by people with SMGs.

I know why they did stuff like that, because they want people to be able to have their cool toys on the board and they care about the game being balanced and fun, but to claim that the game is "as autistic as you make it" is laughable.
>>
Decided to try my hand at listbuilding with the Hungarian cavalry list.

CiC Cavalry Panzer/SMG, 2iC Cavalry Panzer/SMG, 2 Cavalry Panzershrek, - 130
1 Cavalry Panzer/SMG, 6 Cavalry Rifle/MG - 185
1 Cavalry Panzer/SMG, 6 Cavalry Rifle/MG - 185
1 Cavalry Rifle, 1 Cavalry OP, 4 Cavalry 81mm 36/39M mortars - 150
1 Rifle, 3 40mm 40M guns, Botond trucks - 80
1 Cavalry Pioneer Panzer/SMG, 6 Cavalry Pioneer Rifle/MG, Pioneer supply wagon - 255
2 armored cars - 75
1 German SMG, 4 German 7.5cm PaK 40, field car and trucks - 210
1 Rifle, 1 OP Rifle, 1 Staff, 4 149mm Howitzers, 3-ton trucks - 240

8 platoons, 1515 points

Against tank companies, I just dismount and dig in on the objectives and force them to shove me off. Against infantry companies, I charge.
>>
File: 20161231_113536.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161231_113536.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>50958076
You sort of can puck your level of autism. For me it's a national pride autism; that is only using stuff made by that nation. My Italians have ZERO German allies because if I wanted to play with German tanks I'd play Germans.

Other people freak if you paint something slightly off.

Also my LGS has this in stock, and it's tempting. I already have a battery of 75's, but figured I could uae the crews and bases and buy some loose 102's for my EW Italians. However with v4 changing arty I wonder if it wouldn't be a waste of models.
>>
>>50959928
Sure, that's fine. I'm not saying that FoW is the nazis-with-jetbikes game, I mean if you wanted a sperg game, there are much better options out there. That's all.
>>
Anyone ever made their army up as guys who weren't in WW2 or don't have lists but were period-appropriate? Turks, Mongolians, Bulgarians, that sort of thing?
>>
>tfw want to start prepping for V4 but the list I use is in the big ass pile they're moving to Forces over the next few weeks
If anyone plays the lists they've recently ported: what changes were made? A lot? Mine is a pdf last updated in 2012.
>>
>>50960354
I'm considering doing Japan as KMT Chinese.
>>
>>50960472
What list? Most moving to Forces have had zero changes made, just C&P from the old PDFs.
>>
>>50961190
Romanian mountaineers. I would feel bad even paying a dollar for a C&P.
>>
>>50961209
I dunno then...Romanians will supposedly be broken up into platoons instead of companies for V4...when, and if, BF gets around to doing that, and if they do it for LW, I have no idea.
>>
So apparently in Burning Empires there's an Italian company that can take cavalry, yet no mounted models exist in the Italian section of the store. So how would one represent such a unit?
>>
>>50962269
battllefront expects you to convert models. just like how there are 4 RSI lists but you're expected to buy greenstuff to make the models. there is also a cav force for MW on the eastern front.

us wogs get no love :(
>>
How many nebs is the optimal amount of nebs?
>>
>>50964300

Three
>>
>>50964330
40pts for the extra observer and an extra launcher in case of counter-battery fire not worth it, I assume? Similarly the 95 extra points for 6 with the double-width normal template and one extra 6x6 chunk of smoke?
>>
I have an old American rifle company box, is there something online to id each model and what team they belong to?
>>
>>50964471
Nebs are for smoke and pinning

Don't expect them to kill anything really. Best to just keep em cheap
>>
>>50964658
post a pic of the box here?
>>
File: ubx03.jpg (71KB, 566x400px) Image search: [Google]
ubx03.jpg
71KB, 566x400px
>>50965237
i think i got it down to just needing help for the lmg,mortar, and sniper teams
>>
>>50963918
Shit, I wouldn't even know where to start.

I guess pick up some other cavalry, then stick on the riders for the Italian motorcycles?
>>
>>50965444
nice trips. and good choice for a first purchase
>>
So, I got this. What's the difference between the two tracks available? One you have to assemble them, the other is in one piece. Is it just a matter of convenience?
>>
File: PSC_15mm-M-LW-Russ-Tank-Bn-400.jpg (126KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
PSC_15mm-M-LW-Russ-Tank-Bn-400.jpg
126KB, 400x299px
>>50970107

Ups, wrong file.
>>
>>50970124
>>50970107

Pretty much.
>>
So the Comet in the Open Fire formation is front armor 8. I think they may have priced the Comets in Nachtjager with that assumption and forgot to dial the points back when they changed it to front 7.
>>
Should I get Red Bear or wait for whatever comes with the coming edition?
>>
Do you prefer Plastic Soldier, Battlefront, or other? Which one has the best infantry, tanks, guns etc?
>>
>>50970348
What? They don't price by how good a product is, atleast not battlefront. its as much as tigers and shermans and t34s due to it being almost the same amount of plastic used
>>
>>50970633
He's talking about ingame pricing, anon.
>>
>>50970531
psc for the most part and i think it can be summarized this way.
>25pdrs (4) = 97 cad from bf
>25pdrs (4) = 40 cad from psc
army boxes
psc is generally abetter all round choice
>updates models BF doesn't
plastic Universal carriers, i hate having to selectively pick out the resin ones and 5 for 30.
the only down side is having to assemble the fucking treads or the shit infantry sculpts.
go with BF for infantry
>>
>>50970667
There are a few tanks where I prefer BF (Shermans and T-34s spring to mind), but in general, this!
>>
What are the best practises for painting? Is it better to left some part unassembled before painting?
>>
>>50970657
Sorry, my fault.
>>
>>50970748
That would depend on the model
>>
>>50970779
T-34, T-70, and other tanks and vehicles.
>>
>>50970531
Only really know the plastics:
BF leads in quality plastics for the stuff they have plastics of. Nice and hard plastic with little to no flash and plenty of options on the sprue. However, they have a small selection, and their plastic boxes are expensive.

Next up in raw quality is PSC, which still has excellent plastics but has a MUCH wider selection than BF. The important thing here is that, for a tiny increase in flash and prepwork, you get much cheaper sets. Probably the best balance of quality, number, and price of all three.

Trailing in third on the plastics line is Zvezda, which has a decent selection for dirt cheap... If you're playing Germans or Russians. US and UK get like 3-4 options. They also are of notably lower quality than BF or PSC, and their quality jumps around a lot between their minis. But you just can't beat them in price per vehicle.
>>
>>50970790
You would be fine with thoses maybe paint the turret off from the chassis
>>
>>50970531
Plastic soldier is great on price point, and was certainly better than the old metal models

Battlefronts plastics though are stellar. Every plastic kit I've got from them (with the exception of the Open Fire Shermans 4 odd years ago) has had excellent detail and gone together very well.

That being said, Plastic soldier still has good quality stuff and does a bunch of plastics that battlefront doesn't (half track options, Brit artillery, etc)
>>
>>50970427
It'd be a while, I think. Do you want to play LW in the next year?
>>
>>50970427
There are zero plans to replace current LW and EW books. Every list is getting an errata in those free books they've announced. That said what's good will likely change.
>>
File: IMG_5403.jpg (2MB, 2448x3166px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5403.jpg
2MB, 2448x3166px
First TY game of the year.
My birds got bullied by Hinds.
>>
File: IMG_5398.jpg (2MB, 2448x2949px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5398.jpg
2MB, 2448x2949px
>>50974545
Pumas.
When you're shit out luchs and don't give a fuchs.
>>
File: IMG_0993.jpg (85KB, 640x934px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0993.jpg
85KB, 640x934px
>>50974964
I hate to be a Grammar Nazi, but the actual pronunciations don't sound anything like "luck" or "fuck".

It's more like "Luke" and "Fook".
>>
File: IMG_5410.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5410.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>50976162
Aw chucks and here I thought I was being clever and shit.
>>
File: IMG_0994.jpg (19KB, 200x177px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0994.jpg
19KB, 200x177px
>>50976162
>edited Mein Kampf
>original Grammar Nazi

If you want to take the Nazi part of Grammar Nazi literally, then yes you are technically correct.
>>
So i recently bought germans for the first time, and im stuck with some of the painting guides.

they all say paint with Vallejo middlestone 882, which is a yellowy colour on all the diagrames.
i have middlestone 882... but its green (used on italian webbing)

wtf is going on??
>>
>>50977302
Shake it more. It's a greenish-yellow, you've probably let it sit and had the pigments separate.
>>
>>50978226
the paint was from a warlord games set for desert italians. there images show it was a green, but battlefronts diagrams show it as dark yellow.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>50979365
Middlestone on a foam brush and how it looks on a StuG post wash and matte varnishing.
>>
>>50979855
so... will it be interchangable with my dunkgelb primer? does it just look green next to desert italian uniforms?

that stug g looks sweet btw

i thought painting jerries would be easier because half vallejos range is German uniform _________. how naive i was.
>>
>>50890538

Does anyone play the Great War ruleset? is it good? I'm thinking about getting into it for collecting primarily but it'd be nice to know they're fun to boot.
>>
>>50981273
It's more infantry focused I'd imagine. I want to, but it feels like BF went "here's a WW1 thing to commemorate" and then just stopped giving a fuck.
>>
>>50981638
This, and they somehow thought that the americans deserved Veteran status.
>>
>>50980369
ha newb mistake. Zee Germans decided to make life difficulkt and have like 45 different uniforms in 150 different shades they all called the same shade. To go along with their 900 slight variations of halftracks, 50 TDs and 100 tanks.
>>
>>50981841
im sure if they added the pre 1917 red army they'd gimp the fuck out of them too.
>>
>>50982956
Fuck that noise. Trotsky and his bastards where hardcore.
>>
>>50983189

Here's your new thread boyos. First of the year.
>>
>>50983086
yeah try telling that to phil "im scared of russians" yates.
>>
>>50981996
The flipside of this is it's really hard to argue the colours are inaccurate. So long as it's vaguely yellow, brown/red, and green, it's probably some pigment type they used at some point. Hell, in 1945 stuff was coming out that was virtually white after it'd faded.

This is true of most armies, though. The trick to FoW is to never, ever worry if you're getting paint schemes juuust right, because almost nobody had the correct scheme in real life, either, and even the people who did probably don't remember it perfectly.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.