[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Generally Good Rpg Systems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: _20161226_155153.jpg (262KB, 1806x1080px) Image search: [Google]
_20161226_155153.jpg
262KB, 1806x1080px
Looking to try a new pen and paper system with my tabletop group. We tend to enjoy more narrative quests and experiences over a system more focused on combat.

We've really enjoyed Dark Heresy, 13th age, and the Force and Destiny Star Wars expansion. We disliked the Starship Troopers rpg, Halo Rpg, and Deathwatch.

Any suggestions /tg/?? Particularly Sci fi, but any will do. Average group size is 3-4 people.
>>
>>50885153
FateCore isn't for everyone, but it's certainly worth trying. It's easy enough to use just the core rules for a sci-fi game, but you could also use homebrewed hacks (like the one attached).
>>
Albedo. It's hard sci-fi, has excellent character creation, and is perfect for tactical gunfights.
Has personality traits woven into the character sheet, and becomes a PTSD simulator very quickly.
The published scenario is a crew trying to survive in a derelict ship before rescue arrives, with big emphasis on friction between characters.
Also furry.

I think it'll fit like a glove, but I'd like some info about what you liked in your previous games. DH and DW are as close as two systems can be, while F&D is vastly different.
>>
>>50885207
Thank you, I'm going to look through that pdf in a few minutes !

>>50885309
I guess the reason we much preferred Dark Heresy to Deathwatch was the simplicity of playing humans over Space Marines. We enjoyed the smaller scale investigations of the local acolytes over the grand adventures of a kill team. We also found the example enemies and encounters didn't balance well with only having 2 or 3 players in a group. I am very interested in your suggestion though!
>>
>>50885309
Also the classes felt very limited in what they could do in Deathwatch. And it was hard to do a non combat focused DW game
>>
>>50885578
Thanks, let me know what you thought of it.
>>
I recently started my group on Mutant Epoch which is a zany post apocalyptic science fantasy mash up. If you like random heavily chart based character creation and the Gamma World-esque science fantasy setting its worth a look.

Combat is simple Roll under D100 with modifiers.
>>
File: traveller in a nutshell.jpg (16KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
traveller in a nutshell.jpg
16KB, 400x533px
>>50885153
Are you familiar with Traveller?

Pic related.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.