[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is my favorite uncommon from kaladesh.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 235.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
235.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
This is my favorite uncommon from kaladesh.
>>
absolutely hilarious that they printed sky skiff and then this together, in the same exact set. My expectations for WotC are very low, but they seem to set a new record every set for poor design.
>>
>>50885040
what's wrong with sky skiff? don't like pauper?
>>
>>50885040
>commons are supposed to be good, right?
Not since Time Spiral
>>
>>50885077
It's not about being good, it's about be good enough

and there's no reason to play sky skiff outside of limited since there's a card with the exact same cost and toughness that does better than it
>>
>>50885313
There's no reason to play almost any common from Lorwyn onward outside of Limited.
>>
>>50885458
Not exactly the point I was making

The problem is that if Sky Skiff and Smuggler's Copter were to clash, then Smuggler's Copter would come out on top

It's not about playability, it's about being strictly better

Because Sky Skiff isn't good enough, Smuggler's Copter will end up just remaining the best choice because it does so much more

If Sky Skiff did it's own thing then it would be understandable, but all Sky Skiff does is fly. That's literally it. That's what makes it pale in comparison to Smuggler's Copter
>>
>>50885842
Plenty of cards are strictly better than other cards.
It's hilarious that they're in the same set, but this sort of thing happens all the time within the same Standard environment.
>>
>>50885915
But that's my issue

They printed a card that's strictly better than a card from the same set rather than making a card that did one thing and a card that did another

Like if Sky Skiff had "Gains +1/+1 if crewed by an artifact" that would be pretty good but instead they just made a flat as fuck design and then decided to make something that was better than it in so many other ways because "it's a rare"

what were they thinking???
>>
>what were they thinking???
You know exactly what they were thinking¯\_(ツツツ)_/¯
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.