[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Heresy 2.0 rule question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Sisters_of_Silence_art.jpg (56KB, 659x525px) Image search: [Google]
Sisters_of_Silence_art.jpg
56KB, 659x525px
So I'm perusing the DH 2.0 rules for the Untouchables.
Their Psychic Null talent is allowed to be bought multiple times with no stated limit based on anything. It just says they can stack. The first one adds +20 on Psy Evasion and counts as Deny the Witch. Any additional time adds +5 on the roll.

This is crucial, /tg/. Does this mean, by the rules of Dark Heresy 2.0, that if I rolled on a psy evasion roll, these would give me a bonus? Like say I rolled a 2. I'd have my standard ole Willpower bonus against the enemy psyker in the event we both succeed.
If I had Psychic Null taken 3 times for a +30 benefit, and Resist (Psyhic Powers) for another +10, would that mean success would just be easier to get, or would it also mean in the event of a success, I'd have a +4 Willpower Bonus?

If it's just a bonus on roles to evade or oppose psychic powers, that's cool. But it'd be amazing if additional purchases meant you could compensate for a lack of a rolled willpower bonus.
>>
bump?
>>
>>50882822
>>50883386
You'd be better served asking 40k rpg questions in the 40k general, anon.
But when you have bonuses to tests, those bonuses are for the tests, they do not count as additions to your attribute. In this case, you would have, from talents, a bonus +40 to the Willpower/Agility test, before penalties are applied.
They would give you a higher cap on Degrees of Success, but would not (virtually) increase your Willpower attribute, or increase your WP bonus unless the ability expressly says it does so, like Unnat Attributes.
>>
>>50883456
I'll post in WH40 generals next time then, my apologies.

Ahh. Well okay then. They're just bonuses for tests.

Further rules clarification: What is the maximum benefit a bonus may give you? Supposing you had the minimum required for the talent, suddenly any roll of 60 and below nets you a single success in resisting psyker powers. Resistance; Psyker gives another +10.
If you bought this talent 8 times, suddenly any roll of 99 or lower should net a single success. Unless suddenly 100s miraculously stop being an automatic failure.
But can you buy more and make those count? I mean, in a normal scenario, the bonuses are redundant. But what if you want to offset the difficulty around you?
Could you purchase it enough to offset possible penalties? Like say you were preoccupied. Suddenly the GM rules you get a -60 penalty to your roll. If you happened to buy Psychic Null 12 times after that, a total of 20 times, would that mean virtually any roll still counts as a single success? Or would a penalty of -60 mean you can only succeed on the percentile dice on a 40 or lower?

What about if you jacked the bonus up so high that even rolling a 99, your roll counted as if you rolled low enough to use your entire Willpower Bonus because you rolled so far under the target number? Would that be possible?
Or worse, what if we assume the bonus is so high that even rolling a 99, you still reap the entire rewards of your Willpower Bonus? So no matter whom attacks you, they still would not only need to succeed their roll, but land as many successes attacking you as you get evading them.
In theory that'd mean 4 for a rinky dink willpowered character, up to 12 for a guy with max willpower. Not counting augments or mutations.

I mean it'd cost you a minimum if 9,600 EXP, but the hard rules do seem to indicate player characters could do it.
>>
>>50884485
After all pluses and minuses are factored, you can only have a total +/-60 modifier to a roll. So if you have +80 and the DM hits you with -10, it's still a +60 roll. That's the only real hard limit involved. I still wouldn't do it if I were you, though. Blank powers ain't worth shit against a lasgun.
>>
>>50882822
Opposed tests are just that, opposed test, the only thing that matters is who had the most DoS, having +60 to your 35 wp, and rolling 100, would still lose out to a 15 wp psyker rolling a 1 since 2 dos > 1 dos
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.