[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dgg/ Delta Green General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: dg_logo[1].gif (7KB, 200x238px) Image search: [Google]
dg_logo[1].gif
7KB, 200x238px
Because I'm a bit of a cheeky cunt I'm planning on running a mission for my group that's essentially "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" and seeing how long it takes for them to notice.

>Joan Jarry, student of philosophy, found dead in her apartment. What's strange is that despite the entire apartment block has burnt down, her body is in perfect condition, and so is the floor directly underneath it
>The cops were called by her boyfriend, Max K Alva, a medical student at a nearby prestigious university, who was expecting to go on a date with her. He's acted extremely suspiciously all throughout the interview.
>A search of Jarry's apartment will uncover books about Things She Should Not Know.
>Mentions of a "Malleus Argenti" are frequent in one edition, an artefact that has some apparent unfortunate cosmic powers. In Jarry's diary there's references to Max and her together torturing, killing and raping a fellow student.
>Max hangs himself before the agents can get to him.
>In the morgue, Max's body starts to move.
>The agents must hunt down and destroy the corpse before it finds the Malleus Argenti
>if the agents fail to do so, Max begins tearing holes in reality with it, ushering in Uninvited Guests to the world

How does that sound?
>>
File: skwkbr5.png (243KB, 404x507px) Image search: [Google]
skwkbr5.png
243KB, 404x507px
>>50881686
Don't have Max being that much of an obvious suspect, make the research more of a roleplaying/investigation session. Max isn't really a threat yet, he's just some cultist human albeit a smart one and will take steps to hinder the PCs' research or destroy clues but isn't a physical threat to the players. He may even create false leads to send them on wild goose chases?

This changes once they've caught him and he turns into something clearly inhuman. Now they're dealing with a supernatural monster with abilities from beyond the pale.
And since Max came back from the dead to continue serving these nefarious machinations, Joan probably won't rest easy for long... She might even be the eldritch entity's primary servant and brains of the operation.
>>
>>50883008
That's pretty cool. The only problem is that I have no idea how to make an investigation session fun.

And then there's the problem of my group. The group I run with are four nice gents who I suspect fundamentally misunderstand the system.
>Hotel rolled a thug who became a priest as part of witness protection. Hotel thought that the bonds system was stupid as "that's not how relationships work" and because his character had no friends or family to speak of, had just one bond, with God, as a 30-strength bond.
>Bravo rolled a doctor who was researching psionics and "got some". His character was a 25 year old German gun-nut with blue hair and mild latent mind reading.
>Quixote rolled a Chinese-American former soldier with excellent disguise and stealth skills. Not much personality, but pretty good.
>Delta rolled a skinny semilolsorandumb hacker character.

Now I managed to get things roughly in motion. I was seriously considering asking Bravo to reroll, but ended up deciding that his character has to take a 0/1d3 SAN check more or less at my liasure to hear the unfortunate thoughts of the people she's talking to. I allowed Quixote to have a 80% stealth skill because I'm dumb. And because Im a doormat in real life and I live with Hotel, I didn't have the heart to say no. Furthermore, Hotel is very gunshy about roleplaying. He's keen, really really keen, but afraid to get into it and so I tried to lead him in but for the most part Quixote and Delta ran the show and Bravo had a lot of seizures.

I was thinking of just giving them that list of 800 prerolled chars and telling them to pick one. What strategies do you have for getting ppl in the mood, and also not to be mild thatguys?
>>
>>50883148
I think making adjustments and adaptions to the campaign is more preferrable than just taking player characters behind the shed and ice them, at least if they're not obvious train wrecks.

Dunno how the rule system works, but if that Hotel dude has no affiliation/relation to the other characters he might just be a new transfer from another cell of the organisation?
>>
>>50883148
Quixote and Delta sound decent. Hotel sounds retarded, especially the God bond and honestly I'd force him to play by the rules or not play, roomie or not. Bravo sounds meh but not too bad.

Don't bother about allowing or disallowing skills, really, focus on the story. They won't break anything, really, it's not D&D. A character that's 80% good at sneaking is just that - a character that's good at sneaking. One way to treat his high skill is that it allows him to hide well more often, not hide better.

Remember that it's CoC and survival takes some luck. Turn up the difficulty if needed.

Man the fuck up and learn to say no. Not "yes, and", not " yes, but", just "no". It's the hidden secret GMing trick very few learn and even less master, so do it.

Also, consider the new DG, it's good.
>>
Personally I will GM the Gold Dead Hand scenario to a second group (already did it once) while it is modded for the new DG.
Hopefully it will run even more smoothly, and hopefully they won't get the second biggest san loss from 'nading the dogs.
>>
>>50884650
>Hotel dude has no affiliation/relation to the other characters he might just be a new transfer from another cell of the organisation
You misunderstand. He has no relationships with ANYONE except for God
>>50885398
>saying no
I'll do that
>Survival and luck
Thank you.
>New DG
It's what I've been working with. It's somewhat hard using just the Player's Guide to run things but it's been mostly smooth
>>
File: 1482358205861.jpg (934KB, 1400x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1482358205861.jpg
934KB, 1400x1200px
>>50881686
Post the books if you want to have a general

>The Group (Old and Busted)

>Delta Green 6th edition - http://www.mediafire.com/download/3wewotnl3ns5vn3/CoC+-+DG+-+Rulebook+-+Delta+Green+Rulebook.pdf
>CoC Delta Green - http://www.mediafire.com/?njg3a0ne7v130
>Countdown - http://www.mediafire.com/download/f3ygcpda5cfitl7/CoC+-+DG+-+Rulebook+-+Countdown.pdf

>The Program (The New Hotness)

>Need to Know - https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vc7fuxg5n5jyfd/Delta%20Green%20Need%20to%20Know.pdf?dl=1
>Agent's Handbook - http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1461968691
>Case Officer's Handbook Preview https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3puo-NNPA2bQVNTN2RlLURYX0E
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.