[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have a couple of friends who told me their wish to play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: AA_cover_art.png (3MB, 1538x1384px) Image search: [Google]
AA_cover_art.png
3MB, 1538x1384px
So I have a couple of friends who told me their wish to play the roles of an attorney and their assistant (or mentor) in a setting similar to Ace Attorney with quirky characters, courtroom madness and a scary prosecutor.

I will presume that there is no such thing as a game system for courtroom arguments and just ask a simple question: Is it possible to pull it off?
>>
>>50880633
>there is no such thing as a game system for courtroom arguments
Uh, the local laws of whatever country you live in?
>>
>>50880633

It'd probably be tricky. Best advice I can give is to try to figure out some style of rock paper scissors bonus with objections etc.
>>
>>50880694
I was thinking that they could just use their words. I was also thinking some way to gauge the witness' status, emotions and feelings like pressure, fear, worry and such to make it easier on them.
>>
MAID rpg.

Refluff all Maids/Butlers at Attorneys, the Master as the Judge, and Wepons as Argument stopping shenanigans.

Now go get a game called "Mindtrap." It's a game presenting various situations as puzzles to be solved. These are your cases.
>>
>>50880691
Yeah but the most fun parts of Phoenix Wright are totally illegal in most courts. Surprise witnesses, new evidence, leading the defendant into a trap answer.
>>
It'd be good as a puzzle, so the only possible mechanics I can think of is a limited supply of instant hints to help the player out (call them hint coins) and a miracle system (If the players fail and the Judge would declare the defendant guilty, something will stop it, whether it's new evidence, a new witness, or it turns out that there's something completely different about a crucial piece of evidence. There's only one miracle available per case however. Think of it as a second chance)
>>
>>50880633
The real problem I see that no one brought up are the Investigation scenes. Gathering evidence should be more than just a roll, after all. In these games you have to look carefully for evidence, and sometimes bribe/convince/trick others into giving up info that helps your case, and putting all that into the context of one or two tests just... Bores me. But at the same time, a lot of players just don't apply themselves, either freezing up because of two many options, or zeroing on the first thing that got any more description, real or imagined, and then running it into the ground.

Then, of course, bitching that you let them pick the wrong thing.
>>
>>50880633
Check the ace attorney online thread in VG. Just need to do something like that combined with an investigation phase
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.