[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

POTENTIAL RAGE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 28902.png (53KB, 299x403px) Image search: [Google]
28902.png
53KB, 299x403px
>Playing Dark heresy
>Make a mistreated mutant, who is loyal to the first guy who treated him well (a mafia head who was pampering him to use his burrowing to escape jail)
>escape from the penal colony, set up at a nearby planet with da boss group
>life is good, but boss wants to go big
>strike deals with other mafias, cut down several bad heads, plan for the big hit
>boss almost gets killed by some militia tattoed guy, but we ended up capturing him and left some guys to make him sleep with the fishes.
>later get informed that somehow he managed to escape while leaving one of our guys as a dead decoy
>fuckuphisprobablegang.png
>Recieve a note later on from the would be assassin that said to "Kill the heretic, there is still hope for you yet"
>dissmis it since why the fuck would i betray my mafia boss when he´s the only one who hasnt been a total assface to a mutie like me, and i dont even know who this guy works for
>we get ready to assault the planet´s main chapel, to cripple the planet´s morale, while all the other groups attacked the military and the police
>we actually pull it off
>with leman russes driven by muties on the plaza and running down cops on the street, we call the gov´nor to request some "inconditional surrender"
>he comes, bows down and agrees, so we decide to let him live his pathethic life on his mansion
>go outside the chapel with the team, to smoke down a cig
>get knocked out cold. no perception roll or save of any kind.
>wake up seconds later with a bomb collar.
>made to watch as the assassin fuck and his group (supposedly some military branch) guns down all the mafia leaders as they were partying in the ruined chapel
>didn´t ask, but the mafia in military grade vehicles "magically dissapeared"
>boss narrowly survives, him and all other muties or criminals are collared.
>get sent to the penal legion, boss sent to a special ship (probably to be executed or made into some of the imperium autist living weapons)

should i be mad?
>>
>>50878957
>Mutiea driving leman Russ down mainstream imperia

Well, yes, but You're lucky the GM found a way not to kill you along with the rest of that soon to be purged planet
>>
>>50878957
At that point I would quit if I were you, that's fucking awful and horrible DMing
>>
>>50879086
>implying we wouldn´t have called the attacks off, working as a shadow government under the guise of the imperium, and with me as the 2nd in charge head muties wouldn´t have had to live on caves in the literal megadumpster of the city while being either arrested or treated like absolute sub human trash

is the story fit for 40k? yes, it´s grimdark and i acutally enjoy when things stop being about murdering some npcs for a while

was it handled correctly? fuck no, if the master had planned for me to "Redeem" in some fucking way, he could have contacted me in ways other than a fucking anonymous, ambiguous note that no player ever playing on character would´ve followed through with.
>>
>>50882708
>was it handled correctly? fuck no, if the master had planned for me to "Redeem" in some fucking way, he could have contacted me in ways other than a fucking anonymous, ambiguous note that no player ever playing on character would´ve followed through with.

This is a fairly constant and major problem with RPGs. The GM clearly had a goal in mind for your characters (a less-generous poster would call it a "railroad"), but rather than expend any effort trying to turn the story in the direction he wanted it to go, he decided to half-ass it, send you the mysterious note (all the while assuming that you would leap at the chance to get on the rails because for some reason you would be on board with his idea even though he never actually discussed it OOC with you), and then went for the "rocks fall, you wake up in prison" route.

tl;dr muh novel
>>
>>50882823
to lend him some aid, these were supposed to be "pre-session" character arcs to the point where the party met up, so i did expect a fair amount of railroading. Perhaps he half-assed it because he wanted to finish up fast so we could play as a party together, but still, the execution and resolution were far less than i expected from him
>>
File: 1468701641432.jpg (33KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1468701641432.jpg
33KB, 540x540px
Also, how should i proceed now that i have a rairloading device strapped onto my neck?
>>
>>50884596
With a smile as you go down the tracks. Playing a mutant in Dark Heresy means you are 50% likely to be shot in the face by pretty much everyone.
>>
>>50884656
This. You're playing a Jew in WW2 Germany. Be happy you're alive.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.