[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beyblade RPG.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: beyblades.png (176KB, 649x1042px) Image search: [Google]
beyblades.png
176KB, 649x1042px
I've been toying around with the idea of a Beyblade RPG and wanted to post what I had so far and get everyone's opinion. Some of the ideas came from the post that originated here on 4chan a while back.

One question I do have - would it be better to have the players of the RPG purchase and use known Beyblades from the lore, or should they construct them from different components?

Anyways, here's what I got!

[Character Creation]

Name

[Character Stats]

Charisma: How well you connect with other players and your Beyblade.

Intelligence: Analytical and tactical talent.

Resolve: How well you act and react while under pressure.

[Character Skills]

Bey-Knowledge: Your general knowledge of tournaments, rules, lore, and legends that involve Beyblades.

Repair & Calibration: Used to fix damaged and broken beyblades and to make calibration rolls, which temporarily adjust stats around to better fit certain situations.

Launching: Your skill with a launcher, helping you to gain additional Spin Velocity to last longer in combat.

[Beyblade Types]

Attack
Balance
Defense
Survival

[Beyblade Stats]

Attack
Defense
Stamina

[Beyblade Components]

Face Bolt: The face is the screw that holds all parts together and identifies a Beyblade and provides a motif for the Beyblade.

Energy Ring: Provides a sense of identity for the Face Bolt. Also provides weight and Upper Attack.

Fusion Wheel: These create a frame for the Energy Ring and make the most contact with the opposing Beyblade. The bey's weight and stats usually are determined by this part.

Spin Track: These determine the height of the Beyblade. Some are just heights, but some also have special gimmicks, such as metal balls, down-force fans, claws, spinning horns and height switch.

Performance Tip: Has some height determining factor, but mainly determines how the Beyblade will move and the Beyblade's stamina.
>>
[Beyblade Basic Moves]

Force Smash: A style of Beyblade attack that uses slopes on the underside of an Attack Ring or Wheel to try to force the opposing Beyblade against the stadium floor and disrupt its spin.

Smash Attack: A style of Beyblade attack that focuses on hitting the opposing Beyblade with enough force to deplete their spin completely or knock them out of the stadium.

Upper Attack: A style of Beyblade attack in which the opposing Beyblade is lifted from the stadium floor. This is usually accomplished by using an AR that has a ramp-like slope that reaches under the opposing Beyblade and forces it to ride up the slope until it is no longer touching the stadium floor.

[Beyblade Special Moves]

Each Beyblade will have its own set of special attacks and abilities.

[Variables]

Spin Velocity: Refers to the Beyblade's RPM (Revolutions Per Minute). More accurately, though, it is used to refer to the Beyblade's ability to sustain this spin velocity over the course of the battle.

Recoil: Refers to as the often undesirable result of a collision between two parts, in which the Beyblade is knocked in the opposite direction after colliding with its opponent, resulting in decreased Stamina and a possible self-KO. Prominent contact points that make contact with another Beyblade is usually the cause of Recoil.

Weight: Refers to weight distribution, or how much weight is focused on a radial axis from the center of the Beyblade.
-Outward Weight Distribution
-Centered Weight Distribution
-Even Weight Distribution

[Misc]

Currency: Used to purchase Beyblades, parts, upgrades, equipment, and pay for repairs.

Combat: Winning and losing will be decided w/ dice and a bit of number crunching. Combat is turn-based, with players trading blows, lining up strategy combos, and carefully weighing their choices between their different combat skills. Each combat skill has a different use and effect depending on how much they surpass or fall short of beating an enemy's roll.
>>
>>50874921
bumping
>>
devil's in the details. how does movement work in your system?
>>
showing interest...
>>
>>50874927
Alright, I'm thinking d10 system, but you have abilities that modify Target Numbers as well as number of dice in pool, so it's not completely generic, and you include actual dice spinning as an occasional mechanic.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.