[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Binding of Isaac Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: bindingofisaac.jpg (28KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
bindingofisaac.jpg
28KB, 460x215px
I have to wonder - how would you try and run a tabletop game based on the Binding of Isaac? Either just using the themes and the aesthetic, or making your own game based on it.

I could see a basic role playing game of this basically being a dungeon crawler, with a dice pool system and various pools. Items can increase your pools but also have various other effects. Active items take charges that replenish as you clear rooms. There are various 'builds' of character, ranging from the basic Isaac to the harder and downright infuriating ???, Keeper and the Lost.

Bosses are big and tough, and give out way more items for more players, or alternatively only give out a couple so you have to choose who gets an item. Item rooms would have to give out one item for each player character, or you could go full suffering mode and only have one or two items in there, and the rest of the group has to slum it. Angel Rooms and Devil Deals are determined by how well your group does and maybe how well they roleplay. Not everybody has to go exclusively to the Angel or Devil rooms - virtuous hearts can go to the Angel rooms even if a member of your team has gone to the Devil and vice versa. Everybody has a seperate score of money, bombs and keys. Secret and Super Secret rooms have lots of rewards. Game master determines where they are.

Sound good or horrible?
>>
Sounds horrible.

Classic dungeon crawling action given a horrible aesthetic? How can we make this touch as many media as possible?
>>
>>50873662
This.

>oyyyy vey, give me 10 shekels for this flash game, goy!
>t. tryhard indie """dev"""
>>
>>50873640
Nechronica?
>>
>>50873712
Your opinion is several years outdated. No one plays the original Flash game any more.
>>
>>50873640
>Game about being alone in a world of horror with no dialogue
>Tabletop RPG with friends

This makes no sense. Just because two tastes are great does not make them great together
>>
File: index.png (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
6KB, 225x225px
>>50873713
get ready to homebrew the metric SHIT TON of new body-mods you'd need to do Issac justice.

but at first glance it seems to have a similar-ish feel...

>>50873712
...have you even played Rebirth?
shit is clean, fast, and way more fun...

>>50875816
then let us try and make this Reeses Peanut-butter cup...but make it out of dead-babies sadness and blasphemy.

>>50873640
you have some good points, but I might suggest that you try something easier, like a CYOA first...

running through that might give you a few ideas on how to handle item distribution, background, etc.
>>
>>50875816
Not OP but I've had some loose thoughts about an Isaac RPG for awhile now and I feel I have a decent method of dealing with this.

The players are each playing one of the characters. But all of the characters are Isaac you say? Well only one of them is real. The others are all figments of the real one's imagination. So there'd be some mechanic at the end of the game to determine who is the real 'Isaac', but until then the players can play as normal.
>>
>>50876705
Fight your Isaac to be the real Isaac

Destroy the huge Isaac and customize your own strongest Isaac
>>
File: CYOI.jpg (60KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
CYOI.jpg
60KB, 700x700px
>>50876515
CYOA?

Okay.

Let's fucking do this shit.

"Isaac and his mother lived on a small house on a hill, where Isaac played with his toys and his mother watched Christian broadcasts. One day, Isaac's mother heard a voice from above. 'Your son has been corrupted by sin,' God said, 'he must be removed from all that is evil in the world.'

"I will do my best, Lord," Isaac's mother replied. So she took away his toys and clothes. Then the voie spoke again. 'Your son is still corrupted by sin. Isolate him from the world and he may yet be saved.'

"I shall obey you, Lord," Isaac's mother replied. So she locked Isaac away in his room, where he played alone, with friends he conjured up with his imagination.

Then the voice spoke again. 'Isaac is still corrupted by sin. You must sacrifice him to the Lord, and he shall be saved,' God commanded.

"I obey. I love you above all else," Isaac's mother replied.

Watching this scene through a hole in his door, Isaac knew he had to flee. But there was no way out of that small room. As Isaac's mother bore down on that small room, Isaac pulled the carpet away, to reveal a trap door, down to the depths below.

Isaac has two friends with him, to brave the foul depths.
>roll 2d12 for friends
>1: Magdalene
>2: Judas
>3: Cain
>4: Eve
>5: Samson
>6: Lazarus
>7: Azazel
>8: Lilith
>9: Eden
>10: The Keeper
>11: ???
>12: The Lost
>>
>>50878892
better to treat it on a per player basis.

perhaps a semi-random pool, a collection of items
every floor has a chance for 1 item pool item, one boss item, and potential for a devil/angel item once you pick one or the other the player is limited.

the POWER item pool(contains items like Brimstone or Stopwatch or godhead or the fetuses) have to cost something in the meta-currency to get.

I'd say assemble a Xdy pool so you can put mediocre items like soymilk in a more likely place and things like Magic mushroom some place on either side of the bell-curve

for a CYOA you don't need all the complicated mechanics of an RPG so you can start with descriptive paragraphs that order your thoughts on items.

some items grant similar effects FATE Vs Lord of the Pit
how do you differentiate them?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.