[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would King Arthur be in Pathfinder?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0466.jpg (59KB, 310x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0466.jpg
59KB, 310x499px
What would King Arthur be in Pathfinder?
>>
>>50870948

Bard/Sorcerer
>>
>>50870948
In a better game.
>>
>>50871065
That doesn't work as he stipulated that it had to be Pathfinder so what you're saying is he'd be in a better game in Pathfinder

Maybe that passes on Reddit as a joke but you'll have to try harder than that
>>
Queen Galfrey of Mendev
>>
>>50870948
Paladin
>>
>>50870948

Cavalier/Noble.
>>
>>50870948
Shit.
>>
More complex, generally competent and nuanced than a character can hope to be in the system.
>>
Unrelated but is The Once and Future King a good starting point for reading Arthurian mythology?
>>
>>50872207
Yes. TH White isn't one of the most old-school Arthurian writers, but he is one of the best.
>>
>>50871812
This. Funny I'm 3/4 of the way through this book atm.
>>
A better game.

Probably Burning Wheel.
>>
>>50870948
Depends a lot on source material.

He's kind of more of a Fighter in Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, more a Paladin in TH White's works and in Le Mort D'Arthur, and harder to define from other sources.
>>
Overpowered
>>
Not OP and I have a related question: What's the best King Arthur stuff to read/watch to get into the mood?
>>
>>50872353
TH White
>>
>>50871145
thanks butthurt pathkin
>>
>>50872362

Is the Disney movie accurate? And after that, where do you go?
>>
>>50871145
>shitter shattered tone
>mentions reddit
>takes a joke way too literal

Checks positive for autism.
>>
>>50870948
Try Pendragon instead.
>>
>>50872422
The Disney movie is based on part on T.H. White's work.
>>
>>50872506

is it any good?
>>
>>50872779

At the very least is more arthurian than anything you could possibly come with in this life
>>
Level 12 Human Fighter.
>>
>>50872353

Excalibur's a good movie to watch.
>>
>>50872526

It's basically parts of the first book, 'The Sword in the Stone'.

Is it wrong to say that's my favourite Disney Movie?
>>
>>50871145
No that's actually how it works. When you introduce King Arthur into an ongoing game you have to put aside whatever inferior rulebook you were using and start playing King Arthur Pendragon. Pathfinder resumes once you've played through the entire romance.
>>
>>50870948

Level 14 Chosen King

It's a homebrew
>>
>>50872779
It is good, and relevant. It is much like someone saying they want to run a game based on the movie Blade Runner, but with magic and elves. Why not go with Shadowrun then?
>>
>>50873199
You are just a furry who likes the squirrel part.
>>
>>50873359

Actually my favourite part has always been the Magical Duel with Madam Mim.
>>
>>50873372
You like The Marvelous, Magnificent, Mad Madam Mim?
>>
>>50873425

Yes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwubUS6BOCo
>>
>>50873528
Madam Mim appears in the original version of the novel, but not in the revised version featured in The Once and Future King.
>>
>>50871145
If you understood anything about the written word, you would know the implication is that King Arthur would not be in Pathfinder at all.
>>
>>50870948
Dead.
>>
>>50874773
Why not?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.