[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How 'anime' do you let your fighting-man get?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 11

File: Bloodborne silver trickweapon.jpg (82KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne silver trickweapon.jpg
82KB, 1024x640px
How 'anime' do you let your fighting-man get?
>>
File: DnD vs Anima.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
DnD vs Anima.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>50860929
Depends on the system
>>
File: Bloodborne bladecane.jpg (367KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne bladecane.jpg
367KB, 1280x720px
>>50860940

What the fuck is going on in that webm?
>>
Monster Hunter. Inhumanely large weapons but it takes effort to wield them and they move like giant weapons made of steel and bone instead of bamboo.
>>
File: are you sure.jpg (21KB, 620x259px) Image search: [Google]
are you sure.jpg
21KB, 620x259px
>>50860929
>non to low magic settings
Down to earth normal fighting dude that's just a bit beyond human capabilities
>low-normal magic setting
book space marine-tier
>normal-high magic setting
MGR-tier and higher

>denying your players fun because they chose a non-caster class
LMAOing at you
>>
File: Level 1 Tao.gif (40KB, 400x518px) Image search: [Google]
Level 1 Tao.gif
40KB, 400x518px
>>50860929
I run Anima, what do YOU think?
>>50860993
Looks like a Technician using Ki Techs to me.
>>
File: Level 10 Tao.png (182KB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
Level 10 Tao.png
182KB, 500x440px
>>50861209
>>
Not anime, but as I'm a D&Dfag, I let race/class cover a lot of territory with regard to ability.
>>
File: EndHimRightly.jpg (83KB, 635x600px) Image search: [Google]
EndHimRightly.jpg
83KB, 635x600px
>>50860929
I allow anything from Mordhau, half-swording, and "ending them rightly", to full on Sekiha Tenkyouken levels of silly, so long as the players aren't cancerous with it, and use it when appropriate
>>
File: Level 20 Swordsage.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Level 20 Swordsage.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>50860929
>low magic-low fantasy
Relatively down to earth, guys who are highly trained and competent but still within the range of human capability
>high magic-high fantasy
Full on superhero/shonen, these guys are capable of obvious superhuman feats and laugh at the laws of physics just as much as wizards

anything in between depends on how much the magical and fantastical elements are mixed together and tends to be setting dependent
>>
>>50860929
Whatever they need to do their ingame job. A high level d&d fighter really should be able to see invisibility, ignore mind-affecting spells, deal any type of damage with any weapon, collapse a castle by cutting out all the mortar in the walls with a single swing, and run up his own shockwaves to kali ma the dragon's cloaca through its face.
>>
File: MEANWHILE IN EXALTED.png (246KB, 730x380px) Image search: [Google]
MEANWHILE IN EXALTED.png
246KB, 730x380px
>>50861537
I like the way you think anon
>>
>>50861690
I'm just sick of having to tiptoe around everything when I'm playing a caster.
>>
>>50860929
>How 'anime'
The ignorance attached to such a statement is the only thing that bothers me.
It requires you to ignore 2+ millenia of mythology from around the world because superhuman feats without the use of obvious "magic" is wholly a Japanese thing.
>>
>>50861690
>Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
My melanin-enriched brethren.
>>
>>50860940
>>50861209
>Anima
My knee grows
>>
>>50860993
Thepruld makes some good videos. They're not all for me, but the ones I like I love.
>>
>>50862939
Well he's right.
>>
Gotta go full wuxia
>>
>>50861383
The Mordhau and the half-sword look funky, but are both perfectly fine to me -- I don't have a problem believing that a professional could confidently grip a sword by the shaft as a fighting technique. Ending Rightly is a joke, though. Unless we're deliberately doing a joke of a campaign, anything that ridiculous is right out. Animushit makes sense in its own context, but Ending Rightly doesn't make sense in any context.
>>
>>50862142
This has always been the true tragedy of it all. Being allowed to play with an unburdened mind and being able, hell even expected to use all of your tools, all the while safe in the knowledge that the system was built with these things in mind was just too much to ask for. Even when you wisely apply the very obvious solution, the damage has been done and a generation ruined.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.