[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aether Revolt Masterpieces

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8

Excited for the new masterpieces? Will you be cracking packs to track any down? Which ones do you think will be the most expensive?

http://magic.wizards.com/en/AERMasterpieces
>>
>>50856174

>Which ones do you think will be the most expensive?

Ravager.
>>
>>50856174
Ornithopter obviously.
>>
I would love to pull that wurmcoil engine.
>>
File: en_HRRfcVY8mkO.png (196KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_HRRfcVY8mkO.png
196KB, 265x370px
>>50856174
>New Wurmcoil Engine.
Neat.
Kaladeshi inventors confirmed for as smart as New Phyrexia's. Minimum.
>>
that's some weird card background
what is this?

i jumped shit in Theros so i wouldn't know.
>>
Black Vise by a pretty wide margin.
>>
>That new platinum angel
THICC

I wonder if the new wurmcoil will have matching tokens.
>>
>>50856174
>Will you be cracking packs to track any down?
hahano

I ain't supporting super mythic bullshit
>>
>>50856739
Super duper secret rare card. Like how Yugioh has Ghost Rare.
>>
>>50856739
Basically you have a chance, roughly the same as pulling a foil mythic rare, of pulling a 'masterpiece' in the new sets. Kaladesh and the soon to be released Aether Revolt.

Masterpieces are reprints of old artifact cards with new art and an orange border. They're there to encourage people who only buy singles online to risk a pack every now and again. They also did it with 2014 Zendikar sets however instead of artifacts it was shock lands.
>>
>>50856739
Every set from now on will have a Masterpiece series based on the plane. For instance, the masterpiece of artifact happy Kaladesh is "Kaladesh Inventions"
It most reminds of Zendikar's "Hidden Treasures"
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/masterpiece-series-2016-09-12
>>
>>50856174

>Are you excited for Ultra Mythic Rares, guys?!

No, I'm fucking not.
>>
File: enter the void.gif (2MB, 299x240px) Image search: [Google]
enter the void.gif
2MB, 299x240px
>Ornithoptor
>>
>>50856786
Nothing wrong with them in my opinion. Mythic is a problem when you have no alternative. Masterpieces just have fancy art.

With masterpieces it makes pack opening that bit more exciting and gives the whales something to spend their neet bucks on. It has no effect on the average deck price. You only stand to profit on the off chance you pull one at a pre release/draft.
>>
>>50856174

I'd be pretty happy with pulling pretty much any of those, minus Ornithopter and Sphere of Resistance.
>>
>>50856786

As long as expeditions 2.0 aren't standard playable ultra mythic cards I'm fine with it.
>>
>>50857297
They aren't standard playable. Most of the time. Occasionally you get a really fancy version of a card that's already in the set.
Like the Gearhulks
>>
>>50856786
They have no affect on game play at all. They're just pure bling. Pic related. I'd rather have Wizards make the ultra-rare cards full art waifus then overpowered mythics that are standard legal.
>>
>>50856699
>Kaladeshi inventors confirmed for as smart as New Phyrexia's. Minimum.
Eh. Let me know when they invent Birthing Pod.
>>
>>50857421
>I'd rather have Wizards make the ultra-rare cards full art waifus
I fucking wish Wizards weren't too PC to make scantily dressed promos.
>>
>>50857421
>WotC releases a waifu series
>THICC angels abound
Yes.
>>
>>50856174
How the hell can you beat someone when they have that? Giving "indestructible" to players is over the top. You'd need to somehow get rid of it before you can beat them.
>>
>>50857984
bait/10
>>
>>50857984
>7 mana
>4/4 creature
>ARTIFACT creature

that shouldn't be difficult
>>
>>50857984
>How the hell can you beat someone when they have that?
>You'd need to somehow get rid of it before you can beat them.
>>
>>50857841
>Kaladesh inventor creates planar portal from scratch
>New Phyrexia can't figure it out with instructions from old phyrexia.
>New phyrexia's best war machine recreated by a Kaladesh inventor
Seems that way.

>Birthing pod
They're not going to invent birthing pod because they don't want to grind their populous up into a meat slurry and put it into a machine to create """"life""""
>>
>>50856174
I like these cards. Real flashy and easy to spot. So many people leave them unattended its silly.
>>
>>50858182
>>Kaladesh inventor creates planar portal from scratch
>>New Phyrexia can't figure it out with instructions from old phyrexia.
New Phyrexia has only just appeared. Kaladesh has been doing artifice for years.

>They're not going to invent birthing pod because they don't want
Because they don't want to be as good inventors ad New Phyrexia.
>>
File: angel hips.jpg (33KB, 439x327px) Image search: [Google]
angel hips.jpg
33KB, 439x327px
>>50856174
thicc
>>
>>50858319
>New Phyrexia has all of the knowledge of old Phyrexia built into it. Kaladesh is some backwater inventor plane that's been using aether for all of one generation. Maybe.

>Phyrexian "Zombies with some machinery sewed in" counts as invention.
Hilarious.
>>
>>50858216
We only accept one thief around here and his name is Star City Games. Fuck off scum.
>>
>>50858427
That's funny because my LGS has SCG blocked on their wifi.
>>
>>50858423
We'll see if you smile when your plane gets a visit from a certain oil.
>>
>>50858495
>Muh oil
You do know Mirrodin was Phyrexia's magical christmas land, right?
Everything was halfway to compleation before they even arrived thanks to Karn fucking up and making the mycosynth.
Even artifact heavy planes aren't going to fall to Phyrexia just because "Well muh oil's there."
>>
>>50858558
>planes aren't going to fall to Phyrexia just because "Well muh oil's there."
Hasn't that exact thing happened on multiple planes already? Elspeth's homeworld, for example.
>>
>>50858585
No Elspeth's homeworld was already under full phyrexian control for a long while. Old Phyrexia was still pretty spread out in remnant mode when Urza """won"""
Elspeth's home was one such world.
>>
File: THICC.jpg (3MB, 3300x2400px) Image search: [Google]
THICC.jpg
3MB, 3300x2400px
>>50858375
THICC
>>
>>50856760
This.

I quit constructed when mythic cashgrabs became a thing. Might as well give up on limited now, too.
>>
>>50856786
As long as they aren't using the slot to print cards that are tournament staples and any of the following:

A) Legal in Standard and only available in these slots
B) Legal in an Eternal format, but only available in that format due to being printed as a Masterpiece

Unless they change the rules on Masterpieces, it's impossible to meet these criteria. Thus, they're strictly increasing the available supply while selectively drawing off the status-seeking crowd who are willing to drop hundreds of dollars on a card, which ought to reduce the price of the non-bling versions.
>>
So is this WotC saying that all of the masterpieces from across the multiverse have also been created by a bunch of low level nerds in squiggletown?

Lame
>>
>>50858874
>to print cards that are tournament staples

But they are already doing that
>>
>>50858915
Yeah, but you don't know how "and' works. All Masterpieces are reprints, and being printed as one doesn't change its legality in a format. If a Masterpiece is legal in Standard, it's getting printed in a proper slot; if a Masterpiece is only legal in an Eternal format, there was already a supply in that format, and the Masterpiece won't create demand for the non-Masterpiece version.
>>
>>50856174
I suspect Ravager will break $100 maybe even $200
>>
>>50858951
>the Masterpiece won't create demand for the non-Masterpiece version.

It doesn't lower the price either while it does create demand for the masterpiece itself, it is a problem.
>>
>>50858877
Kaloodeshnians are highly skilled.
>>
>>50857984
Path to exile, swords to plowshare, merciless eviction, even fucking languish gets rid of it.
>>
>>50859051
What's the problem with demand for the masterpiece? It's not necessary to play any format, since it's only increased supply, same as printings in box sets. Every format it is legal in already has another supply of them, so why care if it doesn't lower the price of other versions? It's purely increasing supply, not creating anything needed to play. The demand for the masterpiece version is purely for bling value, not raising the threshold to play any format.
>>
>>50858078
>>50858084
>>50858098
So I have to play extra cards or even add a color for burn/removal just because of one card that gives me no other way to win?

>>50859436
I don't have any of those rare cards.
>>
>>50859525
>WAHHHHH HOW DARE SOMEONE SUGGEST I RUN ARTIFACT DESTRUCTION IN AN ARTIFACT BLOCK WITH SPECIAL ARTIFACT CARDS AND ARTIFACT FOCUS.
WAHHHHHH I SHOULD JUST BE ABLE TO RUN BASIC LANDS AND VANILLA CREATURES TO WIN OR SOME OTHER STRAWMAN SHIT
wtf man go home
>>
File: SmileGone.png (661KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
SmileGone.png
661KB, 848x900px
>>50859577
>mfw kids like that are the only target audience these days
>>
>>50859577
>why should I have to run removal just in case they play something my creatures can't handle?

You know, people like you are the reason burn and good removal is dying.
>>
>>50859609
Iktf

Traditional games are dead. Video game retards took over.
>>
>>50859706
...I was literally saying that I was being a straawman. the fuck man
>>
>>50859730
OH sorry I replied to your post on accident. I meant to reply to the retard you replied to.
>>
>>50859525
Found the mono green player
>>
>>50859749
>doesn't play control
>retard lol
>>
>>50856565
But Affinity is a dead deck.
>>
>>50858877
These are the best artifacers in the multiverse.
>>
>>50859875
There's a difference between playing control and including answers(even if in side board only) to cards that give your archetype a hard time.
>>
>>50859982
Answers!? The fuck are you, a Legacy player?
>>
>>50859977
No, they're from a current block, so they're snot nosed Mary Sues.

God, Magic was so much better when I started playing.
>>
>>50859977
>>50860248

I remember at the PAX Kaladesh panel the lead designer (Not Mark..some fatter, dorkier guy) said he was describing Kaladesh to his boss about how all the artificers are wonderful and the architecture's wonderful and all the gardens are perfectly maintained and he said his boss looked at him and said "So your idea is a plane where everyone is good at their jobs?"

Que audience laughter but it appears they didn't deviate too far from that
>>
>>50860581
Ugh, that was the same panel where they said they wanted Indian but with Britain erased, because apparently things like railways and not burning women on pyres are Indian inventions and we don't need any nasty Brits in magical India, even though that would be cultural appropriation if done to anyone else. Racists.
>>
>>50860654
Too be fair, they basically used india as window dressing in general
Yeah, there's not a lot of British around Kaladesh, but there's not much India around it too. This is because people still worship the Hindu stuff so making it not!Hindu is appropriation. So instead it's sort of "Hey look, they're Indian looking."
It's the best way to do things, since now Kaladesh is a magical world and the people just happen to look Indian, like any sci-fi or fantasy setting where the humans just happen to look white.
>>
>>50860745
No excuse, they wopuldn't erase a different culture in other circumstances, regardless of window-dressing. They wouldn't make an Asian set like Tarkir and throw in ninjas as part of another faction. They'd exclude them unless they had a Japanese faction.

But no such decency here. Just appropriation and a racist double standard.

>This is because people still worship the Hindu stuff so making it not!Hindu is appropriation.
Yeah I saw the panel too.

You know there is never going to be a Magic plane where everyone just happens to look white.
>>
>>50860825
So far the only plane where all the humans are the same race off the top of my head is probably Kamigawa
>>
File: Crushing Vines.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Crushing Vines.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>50859832
But mono green has flying hate AND artifact hate.
>>
>>50860909
>having to play with cards from Innistrad 1.0 which aren't even Standard legal
>>
>>50860825
But they didn't erase the British people. They just said this is a plane of vaguely Indian people doing particularly inventive things in a way that doesn't mirror any earth culture but vaguely looks like industrialization using electric gasoline. That's fair enough.

There have been plenty of planes where the vast majority of people were white. And even then, there hasn't been a plane where literally nobody was white.

It's pretty much as >>50860904 said. There were blacks on Dominaria, and there are whites on Kaladesh. Bant was all over the place, as was Tarkir for whatever reason. Etc.etc.
>>
>>50860931
>But they didn't erase the British people.
Nope, watch the PAX panel again.
>>
>>50857984
There are tons of ways of killing it, my new friend.
>>
>>50860945
Seems more like they didn't shoehorn british people in because "muh old colonialism" more than anything to me.
>>
>>50858787
Who's the artist for this pic?
>>
>>50860998
>Seems more like
Is that what they said in the panel or what you made up on the spot without listening to what they explicitly say?
>>
>>50861025
Who cares what they said? They SAID what ever made them sound best to their audience. What they DID is what matters. That's business.
>>
>>50859525
Removal spells are in 95.84% of every deck, except gimmick decks.

GIT GUD
>>
>>50856786

>No effect on the game and they are not even standard legal

G-guys, secret rares sucks!
>>
>>50861283
>no effect on the game

You forgot "lowering the prices of standard decks as they increase the average value of boxes, making people open more of them"
>>
>>50856796
If I don't pack a double mythic Ornithopter I'm buying one. I bet they'll be like $5. I love that damn card
>>
>>50861319

I was talking about gameplay wise, but yeah, having cheaper cards is a great side effect
>>
>>50861331

Plus masterpieces frame looks damn great
>>
>>50858877

superpower by 2020
>>
>>50857984
>>50859525
>>50860925
Answers to Thicc Angel

Standard Legal 3 CMC or lower
1 Clutch of Currents
1 Harsh Scrutiny
1 Bone Splinters
1 Spark of Creativity
1 Burn from Within
1 Prey Upon
1 Declaration in Stone
1 Die Young
1 Murderous Compulsion
1 Transgress the Mind
1 Avacyn's Judgment
1 Processor Assault
1 Rolling Thunder
1 Nature's Way
1 Rabid Bite
1 Ironwright's Cleansing
1 Angelic Purge
1 Sheer Drop
1 Collective Effort
1 Drag Under
1 Roil Spout
1 Pick the Brain
1 Lost Legacy
1 Ruinous Path
1 Nahiri's Wrath
1 Stensia Banquet
1 Devour in Flames
1 Radiant Flames
1 Hijack
1 Collective Defiance
1 Root Out
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.