[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tales from Neverwinter Nights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: allahu akbar.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
allahu akbar.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
So I play Neverwinter Nights, old PC game from like late 90s, early 2000s, and I play on a public RP server. For anyone who doesn't already know, Neverwinter Nights is built completely around the mechanics of 3.0 DnD, and this particular server takes place in the setting of Faerun.

Well the game recently went for free on GoG and the server got an influx of new players. Here's just one of the many interesting occurances that's happened since:

>be me
>be epic level human fighter/barb
>be commander of the city guard
>jesus christ the city's in chaos, new players running around killing npcs and each other
>alright stay calm, the city guard can handle it
>a gnome named Eduardo Suarez walks up to me
>with a knife out
>"excuse me sir gnome, could you please put the weapon away whilst in the city walls?"
>"yo I don't gotta do nuthin' homes, why you pigs always tryna put us down mane"
>he skitters off before I can get another word in
>alrightthen.mp4
>I'm sure I have bigger fish to fry
>not five minutes later one of my Privates comes up to me, little halfling sorc
>"uh sir, there's a gnome trying to steal from people near the outskirts of the city, he--"
>Private is interrupted by Eduardo shanking her in the ribs
>he flashes incoherent gang signs before running off again
>i catch up
>lolmylegsarelongerthanyoursfaggot.7zip
>kill him with one swat from my greatsword
>raise him in the jail cells
>"yo I dint do nuffin essey, lemme outta here"
>proceeds to piss all over the cell
>Eduardo "Eddie" Suarez gets charged with attempted theft and assault, gets exiled from the city for 4 in game months
>"yeah whatever mane, jus don't touch me puta"
>he logs out
>Private is still bleeding out, but mostly confused
>>
>>50849688
>Epic levels

Excuse me while I vomit

But yeah, free trolls are a thing. Always great when you're on a hardcore PvP server with death penalties and a 20 STR halforc barbarian with power attack logs in, one shots you, emotes laugh repeatedly then loots your corpse and logs off forever
>>
Get out of Cordor.
>>
>same player makes a new character
>Mustafa Mujadeen
>wears an all white robe and turban
>ohboyherewego.png
>me and about four other guardsmen are with me in the barracks, including bleeding out Private
>Mujadeen comes in
>begins looking around nervously
>"welcome to the barracks sir, can we help you?"
>"uh, no, no, I am fine"
>"uh, alright. shout if you need something"
>he begins slowly walking around the public area of the barracks
>pretends to read the recruit roster
>makes his way a little closer to us
>starts sweating bullets
>"sir are you alright"
>"yes, yes... i will be"
>he kisses the holy symbol on his neck
>"ALLAHU AKBAR"
>runs into the middle of our conversation circle
>reads off a fireball scroll
>on himself
>he's like level 1 so it barely does anything to us
>one of my other Privates, an epic monk, throat punches him
>down he goes
>monk drags his corpse to the graveyard
>Private still bleeding out, only now also on fire

I have more of these if anyone's interested
>>
>>50849774
We've all played lolrandum shit on NWN before, son

I like NWN but
>Epic levels

Ech
ECH
>>
>>50849688

>Epic level guards struggle to deal with common street scum

This must be what Elminster meant when he said that the greats aren't too great.
>>
>>50849818
Even when you're epic level you can't be everywhere.

Besides, at epic levels a fighter/barb is basically a giant toddler compared to the earth shaking druids, clerics, wizards and Sorcs that will be running around
>>
>>Besides, at epic levels a fighter/barb is basically a giant toddler compared to the earth shaking druids, clerics, wizards and Sorcs that will be running around

the harsh truth
>>
>>50849774
also I mean more stories in general, not just about new player shenanigans
>>
>be me, lawful good halfling fighter, Sherrif of small village, Knight of the order of the squirrel, devotee of cyrolallee
>Necromancer PC menaces villagre, attacks outskirts with skellingtons
>Skellingtons are repulsed in an event, Myrkul Cultists taken down
>Take necromancer prisoner
>Prisoner gives me sob story about their terrible life and how it led to this point
>Begs for mercy
>promise to give him "what mercy I am able should he publically confess and beg the gods for forgiveness"
>He agrees
>Take him out to the gibbet, announce judgement
>Other players show up
>At my prompting, necromancer confesses his crimes, asks the gods of goodness for forgiveness and recants his evil ways
>Congratulate him, then tell him i will offer him the mercy i can - a swift death before he backslides into evil
>Set him to hostile and crush his skull with my Morningstar, splitting it like a melon
>Laugh as everyone gets fucking mad
>Still lawful good
Lawful good doesn't mean 'nice'
Don't fuck with halflings
>>
>>50849923
>Tell a lie of omission
>""""Good""""
NG all the way faggot
>>
>>50849923
>>50850182

What he did was a dick move, but I guess if he was maxed out in alignment it still wouldn't be a big enough hit to fall him. Not that it matters, as he's not a paladin.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.