[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 44

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Which is your favorite cute Molthuni waifu? Make a cute Molthuni waifu yourself!
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4399356/character-applications

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread: >>50831413
>>
Is it possible to beat Pathfinder?
>>
File: IMG_0913.jpg (98KB, 562x975px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0913.jpg
98KB, 562x975px
>>50831694
1. Thomas Harrigan
2. It was given to him.
3. He loves his adoptive parents very much, and he owes his compassion and curiosity to them. He has never met his biological parents.
4. Fried chicken, field peas, greens, cornbread, and sweet tea
5. He'd die trying to derail the trolley with his body
6. Think Adventures of Huckleberry Finn meets Paladin McCleaveandsmite
7. Old Drow Medicine Show
8. Most likely, kindly decline. However, the influence of alcohol might trigger his elven blood, making him quite the slattern.
9. Kindly decline.
10. Eat it anyway. The hardship of unpleasant food is no hardship at all, and spurning kindness is a powerful cruelty
11. He avoids drinking unless he's with trusted friends and family, and he prefers ales, ciders, whiskey, or moonshine when he does drink.
12. By praising the Inheritor's Light for conferring success upon him as a reward for his determination
13. He doesn't believe he'll get the opportunity to settle down
14. The hordes of the Abyss are infinite in their malice and number
15. He handles money fairly well. Windfalls are invested in magic wands, scrolls, arms, and armor, to aid his constant crusade against calamitous and chaotic forces
16. There's nothing better than fighting the Good fight.
17. No. If by some chance the Wicked are completely destroyed in his lifetime, he may consider retirement, but until then, the war continues.
18. He does brew and drink coffee, without cream or sweetener.
19. Sweets are no substitute for the taste of Justice
20. Criticism from the upstanding is worth considering. Criticism from the wicked and the vain is arrogant bluster or manipulation
21. He's a religious extremist with provincial preferences
>>
>>50836881
You beat pathfinder by having fun.
>>
>>50836881
If it was, 5e and 4e would have already done so.

They didn't. It's not.
>>
>>50836891

It's a trick. You cannot actually have fun playing PF. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar and worse than the OP.
>>
File: IMG_0263.png (2MB, 1279x780px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0263.png
2MB, 1279x780px
>>50836881
Yes, by killing Rovagug, dethroning Asmodeus, saving Dou-Bral, and marrying Shelyn
>>
>>50836899
Truly believing that is a sign you lost, anon
>>
>>50836899
>there are people who unironically believe this
I used to think SJWs were bad.
>>
>>50836919
>>50836927

Look at these liars. Look at them and despair for they would tempt you into a path of misery and never ending furfaggotry.
>>
>>50836900
>marriage
>shelyn
Love is free
>>
Is it too presumptious to see if I can switch my composite blast for aimple blast and keep my basic utility wild talent as Avant Guard Kineticist? Aetheric here BTW.
>>
Build advices requested here. I wanted to build a spearwielder. My GM said "You can use only 1pp, Companion books are ok. Martial Training Feats are ok, if you reaaaally want maneuvers and stances."
But here comes the real issue and challenge: the class must be a fighter. No multiclassing, archetypes are allowed, but it must be a fighter.
Any advice?
>>
>>50836999
Well reach is best for aoo builds I guess
There is that archetype that gets you magic too...
>>
>>50836945
What about a path of happiness and furfaggotry I only indulge in on my own time?
>>
File: before and after -sylvanas.png (577KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
before and after -sylvanas.png
577KB, 800x400px
How do I Sylvanas, /pfg/?
>>
How do I play as an Undead PC /pfg/? I want the despair I feel on the inside to be reflected on the outside. Of my character. Yes. My character.
>>
>>50837107
Ask your GM.
>>
>>50836955
Part of winning the game is securing the purity of monogamy with the greatest woman possible, Anon. If either of you slut around, that's not Justice.
>>
>>50836900
>Dethroning Asmodeus

get out. now.
>>
>>50837282
>M-muh Fascist Devil-King

That's not Justice
>>
>>50836900
You also have to escape Pharasma.
>>
>>50837314

>implying mortal words can describe the oldest being in the universe
>implying you can even comprehend the level He is on
>>
>>50837366
Yeah, nah, he's just a jerk, Anon. There's no Ancient Inscrutable Purpose about it. Just plain vanilla dickery on a massive, divine scale.
>>
>>50837364
What if I'd rather seduce Pharasma?
>>
>>50837381

If that were true he wouldnt have helped imprison rovagug
>>
>>50837404
Even jerks don't want to die.
Plus placing others in your debt is a classic move to try and exert coercive pressure later on. Basic stuff, Anon
>>
>>50837418

They why hasnt he collected? Let me guess, he moves in mysteries incomprehensible ways that mere mortals cannot understand?

Check and mate.
>>
Cheliax will fall.
The reclaiming is here.
>>
>>50837448
Only amateurs collect debt
>>
>>50837404
Rov would kill him, too, anon.
There is a difference between being a jerk and saving your own skin, why would you even..
>sees >>50837448
You are just a fucktard, ok.
>>50836999
Why is your DM throwing so much shit in front of you? Does the cleric need to actively preach their god's message, or lose their powers? I swear some people are just fucking dumb.
Fighter is still am acceptable, albeit weak base. You can kill shit, just don't expect great things.
>>
>>50837448
No mystery, the pressure of him unlocking the Rough Beast keeps the forces of Righteousness from moving against in force for fear of facing Rovagug. He also likely uses this leverage against subordinates. Fear keeps the archdevils in line.

There's no ambiguity with Asmoe. He's Literally the God of being a tyrannical jerk. It's not hostile propaganda if it's in the brochure for the club, you get me?
>>
>>50837448
He cannot do so yet. If he tries anything, he'll have at best Gorum and maybe ZK/Norgorber on his side stacked against every other non-evil major god (save for maybe Brigh) and Lamashtu/Urgathoa.
He cannot have Cheliax move as a warmachine because again all the countries nearby would start and unite together, some of the more reckless gods throwing in their support.
Asmodeus probably can 1v1 any good-aligned god, but not the entire pantheon at once.
>>
>>50837475
Death to House Thrune! Death to Diabolists!
>>
>>50837567
Sarenrae would suicide bomb him, killing them both.
>>
>>50837577
>Trying to kill THE Archdevil through fire damage
>>
>>50836900

Friendly reminder that Shelyn's most iconic appearance is the Taldan's feminine ideal.
>>
>>50837625
Son, do you seriously think that a major goddess deals fire damage when she tries to kill a god?
Fucking force, son, damn. If they couldn't circumvent immunities and damage resistance, how the hell do you think they fought the 'Gug? You just know that nigga is durable as all hell.
>>
>>50837655
She'd be more ideal if she was carrying my child
>>
>>50837668

CAN'T STOP THE ROG

CREATION - 4716 AR STILL THE BEST
>>
>>50837678

Shelyn is always the bridesmaid and never the bride, anon.

She doesn't want to carry your child, she'll help you find the perfect woman currently alive and in your age-group right now to carry it instead!
>>
>>50837699
....but I'm a girl....
>>
>>50837746

Perfect man, then! Shelyn is the ultimate matchmaker, she'll help you find your most compatible partner!
>>
Gentlemen, how do we make Crimson Assassin playable? All I can think of so far is using Effortless Lace. Expensive, but does manage to actually let you use dex with sawtooth sabres.
>>
>>50837699
But how could any woman be more perfect than the Goddess of Love and Beauty?
>>
A quiz to help get into character's heads.

1. What's the character's name?
2. Did they choose this name or was it given to them?
3. How's the character's relationship with their parents?
4. Does the character have a favourite food?
5. If the character was asked a trolley problem question or fantasy equivalent, how would they respond?
6. What does the character like to wear? Do they have different clothing than their adventuring gear? Why or why not?
7. What kind of music does the character like?
8. If the character is flirted with by someone they find attractive, how would they respond?
9. What about someone they don't find attractive?
10. When given a meal they dislike, how does the character respond? Do they eat it anyway? Go hungry? Order something else?
11. Does the character drink? If yes, what sort of alcohol do they like?
12. How does the character respond to praise?
13. Does the character ever plan on settling down in the future?
14. If not, is there a specific reason for it or are they just unsure?
15. How well does the character handle money? If given a windfall, what's the first thing they do?
16. Does the character like their job?
17. Is there something else the character wishes they were doing with their lives instead?
18. Does the character drink coffee? How do they take it?
19. Does the character like sweets?
20. How does the character respond to criticism?
21. What did you just learn about your character?
>>
>>50838217
See >>50836887
>>
>Play first lengthy rpg campaign
>Start having a great time
>Have noticeably less fun each time I had to re-roll due to character death
>Uninterested in roleplaying as some random doofus who shows up with no connection to anything up until that point
>Would have had more fun if GM fudged dice rolls/pulled deus ex machinas to save my first character, tension be damned, to play as a character I was invested in
Am I just a giant faggot?
>>
>>50838260
Not at all.
But some people on pfg will say you are and they come out of the woodwork every time.

I definitely believe that character death should be steered away from, albeit not completely avoided, in any game that expects its players to be involved in the RP at all.
>>
>>50838291
>>50838260

>tfw I embrace character death though the DM or even I realize it was a bullshit reason
>>
>>50838260
>>50838291
See, you're right to get attached to characters, but the DM is right to kill people to preserve tension. The failure was in the DM, group, and you not making the new character just as interesting and involved (which is hard, but necessary.)
>>
>>50838142

You'd be surprised, anon!
>>
I'm trying to make a vital strike build. Does anyone know of anything from paizo that increases vital strikes?

>Big Base Damage 2HWeapon
>Power Attack + Furious Focus
>Enlarge Person / other Size increases
>Lead Blades / Impact Weapon
>Devastating Strike

>Mythic Vital Strike

I want to see how far this mechanic can be pushed.
>>
>>50838260
Sounds like your problem isn't really the GM not fudging as such, but him running a high-lethality game. You can have a game with few to no PC deaths without fudging, and you can have fudging in a high-lethality game.

Did you per chance tell him at any point that you'd prefer a game with fewer PC deaths?
>>
>>50838344
Warpriest has the feats to make it work.
>>
>>50838291
I'd compare it to this:

Take the first Star Wars film in isolation. If Luke died when the tie fighters were trying to escape the Death Star, and then some guy who wasn't even mentioned then shows up and blows up the Death Star in the climax, It'd be pretty shit.

>>50838323
I guess it could be chalked up to RPG inexperience to an extent. Like I said, I'm perfectly fine for a sacrifice in tension to carry on playing as a character I enjoyed playing as (I don't play RPGs for gameplay), but I can see why it'd damped things for the other players if they caught on.
>>
>>50838364
Right, I know about the whole "early entry" they get which is just a straight up buff to their damage, which is nice. Thanks for pointing it out, though :)
>>
>>50838344
Use Unchained Monk, which has full BAB and better damage dice.
>>
>>50838398
Also the human FCB. That's the real boost.
>>
>>50838381
>Take the first Star Wars film in isolation. If Luke died when the tie fighters were trying to escape the Death Star, and then some guy who wasn't even mentioned then shows up and blows up the Death Star in the climax, It'd be pretty shit.

But Obi-Wan died. You can have a story-focused game and a cinematic plot without avoiding deaths entirely.
>>
>>50838411
Obi-Wan was a DMPC. Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, C-3PO, R2, they were the PCs, and none of them died.
>>
>>50838400
Right, they don't get the damage dice of available until 16+ though

>>50838409
Same as above
>>
File: Male_HalfOrc_Paladin.jpg (453KB, 1063x1375px) Image search: [Google]
Male_HalfOrc_Paladin.jpg
453KB, 1063x1375px
>>50838217
>1. What's the character's name?
Sir Darius of Widwysh [Title WIP]
>2. Did they choose this name or was it given to them?
Chosen
>3. How's the character's relationship with their parents?
He practically doesn't remember them. He does have an Elf druid as a sorta mom.
>4. Does the character have a favourite food?
Mutton
>5. If the character was asked a trolley problem question or fantasy equivalent, how would they respond?
Discounting questions about who's more significant or good, he'll probably save more people, though he will try his damnedest to save that guy too.
>6. What does the character like to wear? Do they have different clothing than their adventuring gear? Why or why not?
He only wears loose baggy stuff considering his massiveness. Sometimes his armor chafes, and he dislikes that.
>7. What kind of music does the character like?
Not the kind of guy for music.
>8. If the character is flirted with by someone they find attractive, how would they respond?
HONORABLE CHALLENGE! [Physical or social]
>9. What about someone they don't find attractive?
HONORABLE CHALLENGE...TO THE DEATH!
>10. When given a meal they dislike, how does the character respond? Do they eat it anyway? Go hungry? Order something else?
Considering he spent childhood as an outcast, he'd still eat it.
>11. Does the character drink? If yes, what sort of alcohol do they like?
Hard Ales all round.
>12. How does the character respond to praise?
He takes great pride in all his accomplishments.
>13. Does the character ever plan on settling down in the future?
Not really
>14. If not, is there a specific reason for it or are they just unsure?
Never really thought about it.
>15. How well does the character handle money? If given a windfall, what's the first thing they do?
He'd spend most of it on managing equipment and maybe his steed. Aside from that, he'll leave to someone who spent their life on bean-counting.
>>
>>50838217
>1.
Amireh Faria
>2.
First name given. Last name from master.
>3.
Was poor/adversarial when her creator was living (he liked to use compulsions to get his way), but he's since died of old age.
>4.
Anything she doesn't have to chew. Likes strongly flavored foods though.
>5.
Would probably get upset with their time being wasted.
>6.
Leotards, sometimes longer dresses. Their adventuring gear includes a baggier (but easily removed) outer layer. She prefers form fitting clothes, but sometimes other things are necessary. Also vigilante disguise.
>7.
Stringed instruments and Drums.
>8.
Offers to take them to bed with her. Still does her best to something out of them because calistrian devotee.
>9.
Boorishness / trying to force others into doing things.
>10.
May refuse if she really dislikes it. Otherwise picks out things she can eat without chewing.
>11.
Has a fondness for things that mildly alter state of mind.
>12.
In vigilante, quietly. In social, usually dissembles (but still appears happy).
>13.
Probably not. Unless it's to teach. Or if she finds some places where they'll overlook her "moments".
>14.
She's killed people before and likes to be ready to bug out.
>15.
Is average. Likes luxury. May spend money on clothing or equipment. May spend some of it on opiates.
>16.
In vigilante loves being able to deceive and kill. In social, is passionate about her services.
>17.
No.
>18.
Usually has others prepare spiced tea/drinks for her. With cream and sugar.
>19.
Prefers pastries.
>20.
Hates being criticized.
>21. What did you just learn about your character?

Not a whole lot - most of these aren't related to how a character thinks or acts in regards to things.
>>
>>50838446
Debatable. And what about Rogue One?If you claim it would've been a better movie without PC deaths, I'll fight you, mate
>>
>>50838467
>16. Does the character like their job?
He's grateful for every moment he's had since joining the Order.
>17. Is there something else the character wishes they were doing with their lives instead?
Nah. He's good at beating people, so he'd like to stick to that.
>18. Does the character drink coffee? How do they take it?
He's tried it. He kinda likes it, but prefers stronger things.
>19. Does the character like sweets?
No. Shit gets stuck on his teeth too much. They're also bad for his tusks.
>20. How does the character respond to criticism?
He'll take all efforts to improve himself, for it is the honorable thing to do.
For a frightening-looking sonuvabitch, his Charisma more than makes up for it.
>>
>>50838480
I'm seeing it tomorrow, no spoilers pls and yes, I know they're all going to die but the point I think he's trying to make is that the character death isn't as bad as the character replacement. Imagine if after Obi-Wan had died they just replaced him with Tobi-Gun, and even though no one had ever heard of him they just acted like it was totally normal.
>>
>>50838480
Rogue One doesn't count because the story wasn't expected to continue after that point, and the fact you bring it up as an example means you don't really understand the point being made.

Nobody's saying characters should never ever die, they're saying that if a game's too haphazard with throwing death around, it hurts the story and roleplay.
>>
>>50838593
But the story DOES continue after that point, just with a fresh cast of characters
>>
>>50838217
1. Basil Squire/Tarkus (Kobold investigator disguising himself as a human)
2. Tarkus is his birth name, Basil is the human he's Buffalo-Billing as
3. Good terms. They helped him slip out of his tribe unnoticed.
4. Exotic seafood
5. Try his best to save everyone, but would likely throw the switch
6. Typical lower-upper class clothes for non adventures (helps to keep up appearances), run of the mill adventure gear for more dangerous work
7. Prog rock, particularly Yes (if he could listen to such music in the fictional 'verse)
8. Basil/Tarkus is ultra-conservative and borderline asexual. Would turn down the advances.
9. Turn down the advances firmly
10. Eats it anyway. Food is fuel, after all.
11. Yes. High quality single malt whisky
12. Blushes slightly, then thanks them, trying to play it cool
13. No interest in families, though he's considering starting a band
14. See above
15. Tries saving, but mostly spends it on adventure gear/whisky
16. Finds it very thrilling, and it suits his adrenaline-seeking urges well
17. Would probably calm down and seek thrills on the stage after one too many near death experiences
18. Espresso
19. Not usually
20. Will get defensive as a knee-jerk response, but will later accept it if he thinks it's valid
21. He's an insecure little bitch, but keeps it in check
>>
>>50838593
>death is a problem
>pathfinder
Reincarnate is cheap.
>>
>>50838647
Everyone rerolling after a TPK is pretty much a new story using the old one as a plot hook.

This is especially true if your campaign is character-driven and your PCs aren't just headpieces made to advance events.
>>
>>50838217
>1. What's the character's name?
Vaegulth Iikm
>2. Did they choose this name or was it given to them?
Given to him by his parents.
>3. How's the character's relationship with their parents?
Was good, he took after his mother in terms of being a boisterous overachiever.
>4. Does the character have a favourite food?
Rabbit confit.
>5. If the character was asked a trolley problem question or fantasy equivalent, how would they respond?
There is no one path, or 2 paths, or 3 paths. Just the one you have decided to take.
>6. What does the character like to wear? Do they have different clothing than their adventuring gear? Why or why not?
He prefers silk pantaloons that end at the knees and silk vests. Showing his impressive array of tattoos and scars is important to his culture.
>7. What kind of music does the character like?
Drums and yodeling.
>8. If the character is flirted with by someone they find attractive, how would they respond?
By telling them that they can do it better than anyone before or after, just let him prove it.
>9. What about someone they don't find attractive?
By telling them they can do it better than anyone before or after, just let him prove it, meanwhile, he will find someone better.
>cont
>>
File: dedwizard..png (394KB, 725x1081px) Image search: [Google]
dedwizard..png
394KB, 725x1081px
>>50838679
So is Raise Dead and a couple Restorations to handle the negative levels, along with a days rest to fully recuperate. But that's assuming you still have the entire body intact.
>>
>>50838679
You know what I meant, anon, and don't pretend you didn't.
>>
>>50837096
>>50837107
PF seems to love semi-monster races: skinwalkers, dhampires, planetouched, changelings.

A Dragon Magazine issue for 3.5 by Paizo had semi-undead races, so it would be in keeping for that kind of creature to be made for Pathfinder.

Dhampires already exist, so the missing ones are:
>zombie
>skeleton
>lich
>mummy
>ghoul
>ghost
>>
>>50838707
>10. When given a meal they dislike, how does the character respond? Do they eat it anyway? Go hungry? Order something else?
Eat it anyway, it's a challenge.
>11. Does the character drink? If yes, what sort of alcohol do they like?
Good ale, better spirits.
>12. How does the character respond to praise?
Bashfully, praise is warranted, the deed should explain enough.
>13. Does the character ever plan on settling down in the future?
He has a plan, that plan requires time and travel. Also, he gets a stipend that goes to someone important.
>14. If not, is there a specific reason for it or are they just unsure?
See above.
>15. How well does the character handle money? If given a windfall, what's the first thing they do?
Send half home, use the rest on the plan.
>16. Does the character like their job?
Yes. Lots of traveling, new sights, heads to crack, deeds to do.
>17. Is there something else the character wishes they were doing with their lives instead?
Raising a brawlin' family.
>18. Does the character drink coffee? How do they take it?
Yes, black, but only because he likes the taste.
>19. Does the character like sweets?
Not really, it's not something he is familiar with.
>20. How does the character respond to criticism?
Takes it personally, you are challenging his pride.
He is tryhard who loves to push himself for fun.
But really, I knew that, too.
>>
File: 1387136502477.jpg (183KB, 1370x679px) Image search: [Google]
1387136502477.jpg
183KB, 1370x679px
Okay so Anon here who's playing in a game as a Kineticist with a PoW-archetyped Fighter and Warlord. I've looked through some archetypes and read N. Jolly's guide and found Elemental Scion. Now I'm going aether, right, damage output might not be impressive but in terms of versatility and utility this seems like an appropriate choice for me.

How would you rate an Aetheric Elemental Scion against a Warlord and PoW-Fighter, /tg/?
>>
>>50838480
Rogue One is literally how a campaign would go if all the players barely cared about character RP and only wanted cool fights.
You can sum up each PC's entire character with one line and there's zero development besides main girl deciding 'okay I guess I do care about the plot'.

There are no character-based challenges in the story, every obstacle is a dungeon-crawl type 'how do we do X'.

So the ending is only fitting, there was no more potential left in any of the characters and then it was time to bring in PCs that were intended to last multiple arcs without dying.
>>
>>50838844
Did you see my post for you last thread?
>>50836847

In particular the idea that Avant Guard trades away utility is the opposite of true: the fact you can use a number of your utility talents that used to cost burn unlimited times per day now is a huge boost, and I can't understate the potential benefits of having an at-will astral construct you can reconfigure on the fly.
>>
>>50838878
I am very grateful for your help and suggestions, but the thing is, I've already created my character, background, theme, description, everything. It was all based on him being a kineticist, but if I were to go all Avant Guard that would mean I'd have to change some aspects of him and it wouldn't be the same character. In fact he was described to be really interesting, so I'm afraid to deviate too much from what I already have.
Then the Warlord came along. Not that I blame him, it's just I'm trying to make sure I can keep up with him.
>>
>>50838878
That blast doesn't gain burn if you could take it already anyways. If you use it to grab your own element's basic blast for example.
>>
>>50839020
Avant Guard is surprisingly similar to a base kineticist in flavor; nothing about your abilities really changes - you lose your defensive talent and that's about it - it's just that you /also/ get your astral construct on top of your normal stuff, which is just the ability to pull a golem together out of aether at its core.

I do kind of get what you mean and won't push it more, though.
>>
Sometimes I wonder if I am better than this
>>
File: Monster Butcher.png (272KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Monster Butcher.png
272KB, 1000x1000px
>>50838217

>1
Awinita the Ox
>2.
She was born Awinita, but added the "The Ox" in rememberance of her fallen tribe, the Ox Clan.
>3.
She loved them when they were alive, she often asks their spirits for guidance. they dont respond.
>4.
The meat of megafauna. For some reason if feels more wholesome.
>5
She would puzzle about it then say she would stop the train herself with her great strength.
>6.
She has a few outfits, but is steadily outgowing things that arent her armor.
>7.
She likes drums and plays them herself. she's not the best but she can carry a beat.
>8.
Oh gosh she's not ready for that kind of goodness. Though she's probably over do it and ask to marry the person on the spot.
>9.
She'd get very embarrassed and then puzzle about how to let them down gently. Probably by avoiding the issue by sending them on a quest to do something imposssible.... like kill a dragon and bring back its heart for her to eat.
>10
She'd chide the cook, wasting food is bad and you should feel bad. She eats it anway then orders the same meal. Repeat this process till they get it right.
>11
She drinks often and heartily. She likes alchocol made from fruit. like Hard Cider.
>12
She beems and plays it up like it was natural and nothing special
>13
Eventually, she has to rebuild her clan somehow, but she has to prove she's strong enough for the entire clan first.
>15
She'd buy clothes. her's have a nasty habit of shrinking in the wash.
>16
She's a hunter, and works with Shalelu. She loves it when she gets to fight big beasties, but more often than not its goblins.
>17
She has no clue what'd she do otherwise. if she wasn't improving herself to be strong as an entire clan, then she'd be lost.
>18
Black, if it cant revive the dead then its not strong enough.
>19
Good golly oh mighty, does she. A sweet tooth a mile wide. However you gotta have your meat before your pudding.
Them's fighting words son.
She's a badass mage killer! 17 dispel magics!
>>
>>50839105
You're not. None of us are.
>>
>>50839031
Augmented Elements is a blasting patch for Avant Guard, which trades out its first kinetic blast and without it wouldn't even get a normal simple blast until level 7.

>>50838844
Honestly, Elemental Scion doesn't seem to do much for you.
It only increases your blasting and until level 7 doesn't give you any bonus utility over the base kineticist (admittedly, aether is the best element for base utility).
It increases your damage from d6 to d8, for an average of a whole +1 damage per two character levels. This won't even be a scratch in keeping up with warlord, or even fighter.

If you expect to ever hit level 7 it does give you an extra talent and access to the 5th level talents two levels early which is pretty great, but if you're level 2 that's a long time coming.
>>
>>50839120
My old group had been pretending that they were for quite a while, now.

They weren't. They so were not.
>>
>>50839120

That's just you! I know I'm worth it! I'm great and normal!
>>
>>50838853
>look at me! I don't like one of the best movies of the year!
>>
>>50839233
>look at me! I took the bait!
>>
>>50839246
>i was only pretending to be retarded!
>>
>>50839233
No, I enjoyed it.
I just wouldn't take it as an example of good storytelling and characterization in the context of what to model campaign roleplay off.

Also
>best movie of the year
>not keit-ai
>>
Can a Skald give the entire party pounce at level 12?
>>
File: bardbarian.jpg (168KB, 560x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bardbarian.jpg
168KB, 560x1000px
>>50839283
Yes.

BARDBARIANS ARE THE BEST
>>
So what are the best classes for non-combat situations?
>>
>>50839488
Social situations? Bards. Investigators.
Downtime situations? Wizards.
Travel situations? Druids.

Be more specific.
>>
>>50839488
>>50839505
Social: Wizard
Downtime: Wizard
Travel: Wizard
>>
>>50839505
I guess social situations and maybe crafting
>>
>>50839488
Generally speaking the full casters. That, and not combat, is generally where the problem comes from.

Locked door? Well you could have the thief do it, or you can cast knock and get shit opened up safely.

Merchant giving you shit? Not anymore, little puppet. Dance!

Need to get around some gate guards without raising an alarm? why not put'em to sleep? Or go invisible?

Long distance travel, or time of the essen~ TELEPORT we're there.

Not sure what to do or where to go? Numerous divinations of increasing power, scope and accuracy. At high levels, how will we ever find the FOUND IT, GRAB ON WE'RE TELEPORTING THERE

What the fuck is this? Identify. Detect X.
>>
>>50839554
Mind control is not diplomacy
>>
>>50839547
Wizard. Student of Philosophy to make Diplomacy and Bluff Int based.
>>
>>50839565
It's not but it does solve a LOT of problems,especially on the move.
>>
File: 1480917086479.jpg (111KB, 750x537px) Image search: [Google]
1480917086479.jpg
111KB, 750x537px
>>50839279
>>
Anyone got that image of the Brewkeeper from Paths of the Righteous?
>>
File: 1481757700381.jpg (1MB, 5026x3263px) Image search: [Google]
1481757700381.jpg
1MB, 5026x3263px
>>50839798
I gotchu senpai
>>
>>50839844

Muchas Danke Comrade.

i was specifically looking for that Halfling. now i just gotta crop her out.
>>
>>50839844
I wanna protect that halfling's smile
She is a cute. CUTE!
>>
File: 1482511769840.jpg (264KB, 1562x1769px) Image search: [Google]
1482511769840.jpg
264KB, 1562x1769px
>>50839844
>>50839863

There we go.
>>
>>50836999
Well being a dude with a spear is a low level enough concept straight Fighter can swing it. There's always the standard Mutation Warrior/Lore Warden/Whatever archetype combo, but look into Dragoon if you don't mind being mounted.

The AMH and WMH are your new best friends. Eldritch Guardian doesn't give you enough or good enough magic to care, don't believe the hype.
>>
>>50839279
But a series of encounters/challenges is the skeleton on which RP is built.

It's a game, senpai.
>>
To keep with the theme of asking questions about your characters, does your character pass the Plinkett test?

Can you describe that character without referring to their race, gender, profession, or appearance?
>>
>>50839112

so she's a fat fuck that shouldn't be adventuring, got it.
>>
>>50840035
No because characters are molded by playing, not by character gen
>>
>>50840035
So it's literally just describing their personality?
>>
>>50840035
An autist obsessed with old dead things because they can't change, but living and new things can.
>>
>>50840056
that's not nice at all!

>>50840035
This character is a fat fuck that shouldn't be doing what she's doing.
>>
>>50840035
She enjoys high society life, and is actively pursuing means to that end. Works hard to achieve that by her own hands. A bit stern and serious when it comes to working, but deep down wishes she didn't have to do any of it and could just relax all day. Practical, well-reasoned, and mature for most things, but may seem childish on certain subjects.
>>
>>50839884
>>50839889
>>50839844
Now you fucks know why halflings also work as professional cuddlers. They're just so fucking cute.

They bake you pastries, brush your hair, and give the best massages.

Adaptable luck (among other things +2 to a skill check 3x a day), Driven Worker (+4 profession). this bandit skill http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/bandit (choose on profession skill and one non-wis attribute, you also add that attribute modifier in addition to wis when making profession checks w/ selected skill).

Skill focus: Profession(cuddler).

Take a level in investigator for the +1d6 to the check. various other esoteric minmaxing abilities.
>>
>>50840129

In the meme sense, she is fat.

She has a voracious appetite born of a misunderstanding on how ritual cannibalism works. she thinks it lets her absorb the strength of the things she's felled, but in actuality its just warping her body into an engine of consumption and destruction.

A thing she sees as her gaining strength from the creatures she consumes. a vicious cycle really.
>>
Which class would you suggest to a newcomer?
>>
>>50840383
Slayer. It's next to impossible to fuck up.
>>
>>50840383
Macroeconomics, learning about opportunity costs is a good idea for everybody.
>>
>>50840416
I was thinking less about fucking up but instead introducing most of the game's mechanics and having some utility.How does it fare on those parts?
>>
>>50840383
Well, assuming your only choice of game is Pathfinder, probably one of the classes with 4th or 6th level spells. You'll need to familiarize yourself with those subsystems sooner or later anyway, and it's better to jump right into the deep end. Check out the guides to different classes(should be in the pastebin), and pick one that seems like something you'd like.
>>
>>50840383

Ranger. You get a taste of skills, casting, animal companions and pets, and fighting.
>>
>>50840445
Pretty well, though with those goals in mind I'd switch my recommendation to Ranger, as >>50840480 says, or Bard.
>>
>>50840383
Inquisitor imo, gets spells, skills, and performs well if you slap a basic two-handed str or archery build on it.
>>
File: [=9ju.png (483KB, 948x888px) Image search: [Google]
[=9ju.png
483KB, 948x888px
>>50840035
A character who's studies brought escapism from growing up with an emotionally distant alcoholic and eventually opened up their career further down the line. Their nihilistic cynicism remained ingrained in their blood from childhood that helps them cope with the turmoils of the world at large, but find comfort in the curious kinship of their newfound comrades. Brilliant, yet socially aware enough to not simply insult another's intelligence with any hand-waving simple response, this character would likely begin a near autistic rambling lecture. They're charming in a awkward sort-of way, they've grown to carry themselves with authority while quietly humbled by the constant reminder of death. Though they remain distant and try to look beyond 'right and wrong', they find themselves questioning such morality more than one may suspect. They would rather live quietly and alone, but knowing what they do, this character simply cannot simply sit idly by.

Did I do it right? It's been a while since I tried one of these writing exercises.
>>
>>50840480
>inflicting a ranger's weakened animal companion on a newcomer
>inflicting the ranger's shitty favored target on a newcomer

Slayer or Inquisitor (sanctified Slayer, IMO) are infinitely better choices for this kind of thing. Especially inquisitor, like this anon says >>50840513
Plus, the player would be able to use healing spells and/or carry a CLW wand.
>>
Does Paizo even care about Casmaron?
>>
>>50840679

TEN YEARS

TEN FUCKING YEARS

AND ALL WE KNOW ABOUT IT IS SOME GAYS LIVE THERE AND RUBADUB'S PUCKERED ANUS CAN BE FOUND SQUIRTING OUT SPICY MONSTERS
>>
>>50840679
Excepting qadira, Paizo doesn't care about east people.
>>
>>50840663
>tfw the only 1pp classes I ever look at slayer, inquisitor, alchemist, investigator, magus, and sometimes oracle
All other 1pp classes are shit! SHIIIIIT!
>>
File: gayagenda.jpg (80KB, 800x295px) Image search: [Google]
gayagenda.jpg
80KB, 800x295px
>>50840699
>>
File: 220px-DingDongSongCover.jpg (12KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-DingDongSongCover.jpg
12KB, 220x220px
But young nations ruled by a military junta cannot have nobles in it.
Nobility is strongly tied to monarchy and hereditary power structure
>>
>>50840719
>no vigilante
>no Hunter
>no Bard
>no Barbarian
>no Paladin allowing Paladin of Freedom from 3.5e

wooooooow
>>
>>50840773

It's like Prussian nobility, you're getting land n' shit because they can count on you to keep the peace and continue keeping the peace.
>>
>Born to Canorate nobles
>Second child, first daughter
>Tiefling appearance
>Older brother was to get the inheritance
>Marriage not really an option due to tiefling heritage
>Joins military to have alternate way of gaining land, livelihood that doesn't involve becoming a serf
>Officer in military, later in intelligence due to divination/fate skill
>Finds out something she shouldn't have
>Is landed to either keep her busy or just as payment for her silence on the matter
>She's fine with that since this was her end goal anyway
>Potential ethical questions arise later as plot potentially thickens

How's that as a rough outline for a tiefling investigator in the Molthune Knights game, /pfg/? Is it not knightly enough? Too bland, too mary-sue? What would be a good plot/secret for her to find out that wouldn't get her killed but rather silenced through landing?
>>
>>50840791

Why isn't marriage an option? How evil does she even look?
>>
>>50840729

ITS NOT EVEN HOMOS ANYMORE

THE SAME BOOK SAID THE HOMOS WERE FULL OF SHIT AND THEIR SUPER TRAINING CAN BE TAUGHT TO ANYONE WITH A SPECIAL FEELING TOWARDS SOMEONE ELSE.
>>
>>50840787
Wouldn't "marshal" be a better word then?
Instead of newly appointed nobles, newly appointed marshals of the land?
>>
>>50840779
Vigilante is nice, but without 3pp is lackluster. All it really has going for it is the insta-batcave, dual identity and the QUALITY memeing. Slayer, inquisitor, alchemist, investigator all do what it can do out of those things and I'm not a fan of dual identity and lethal grace is only "okay" imo.

Hunter isn't one mostly because I don't like pet classes. Great class. Just a small preference thing.

Bards are okay i guess, but I just don't like their theming. The investigator or inquisitor do about the same with better flavor, baring the +atk/dam to the party.

Barbarian is too limited in build and thematic diversity to really feel interesting. So much of it is just chargepouncelance memes.

Paladin because shit "you fall, lol" GMs are a plague that can't be stopped. Paladin of freedom never :^)
>>
>>50840773
You don't need monarchy to have nobles, and titles of nobility are created by appointment, even if many of them(but not all!) are hereditary.
>>
>>50836838
Does anyone know where I can find the Inquisitive Detective archetype for Vigilante? I vaguely remember it being in the legendary vigilantes playtest but I can't find it in either book.
>>
File: 40561267_p0.jpg (235KB, 800x684px) Image search: [Google]
40561267_p0.jpg
235KB, 800x684px
>>50840816
Uhh, this evil?

I was thinking it was more like a "we don't want our house to be tainted with demon/devil blood like the damn Chelaxians, reclamation soon. I'm sure she could find some noble willing to marry her, but I think she'd prefer to grab her success by her own hands, and not have to wait on the kindness of others.
>>
File: 1173 - zTGoqzl.jpg (249KB, 845x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1173 - zTGoqzl.jpg
249KB, 845x1000px
>>50840924
That just looks like a fancy earpiece than a horn or demonic corruption
>>
>>50840866

That's probably how it goes, but Molthune loves the old trappings of command where they can afford it.
>>
>>50839112

i want to blow raspberries on that tummy
>>
>>50840924

That doesn't look evil at all, or anything that would dissuade every noble family out there!
>>
>>50841037
Sure, she might look nice, but would their children? A noble would have to ask that, wouldn't they?
>>
>>50841044
Well yeah, that is why I brought it up
>>
File: Dragon Meat, Its the best.jpg (174KB, 1052x952px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Meat, Its the best.jpg
174KB, 1052x952px
>>50841057

help her hunt dragons and she might just let you.
>>
>>50838339
Why? Is this hypothetical woman some kind of assassin?
>>
>>50838411
Did his player write up Lando afterwards?
>>
>>50841273
Why not, in an actual TT game. I've used players as the ringer to teach them the setting, and had them die for catharsis and roll up a pc of their choice.
One was a sarge in OW that died holding off orks who rolled a priest, another a veteran fighter in D&D that rolled up a cleric.
>>
>>50841161

I dont care that she's a cannibal. i want her in my party.
>>
>>50841273
No, he rolled up Biggs Darklighter, pulling someone out of Luke's backstory for the next session. And then he died again during the end of that campaign arc.

*Then* he rolled up Lando.
>>
File: 1420399904431.jpg (519KB, 1200x1027px) Image search: [Google]
1420399904431.jpg
519KB, 1200x1027px
Big eater is fine, healthy is good...

but not obesity
>>
>>50840913
It got moved to another book, like how Mercurial Duelist got moved to the Asian Archetypes book. I don't thinj the book containing it has been released though.

We need to get more of Jolly's stuff in the trove, desu.
>>
File: Battle maids.jpg (96KB, 580x852px) Image search: [Google]
Battle maids.jpg
96KB, 580x852px
>>50840913
It (along with trickshot sniper [now called trickshot hood] and talented tactician) were both moved over to intrigue archetypes. Mercurial Duelist was moved over to Asian Archetypes: Martial, Gore Fiend and Hellion were moved to Gothic Archetypes, and Dragon Champion was moved over to the as of yet unnamed dragon book which features a dragon style plainstouched race, the wyrmtouched.

To be fair, the Vigilante playtest was way bigger than my publisher expected, so having it shunted around to 5-6 books was the only way we'd have to deal with it all.
>>
>>50840883
>Without 3pp vigilante is lackluster

Sometimes I forget that there are people whose GMs are hardcore 1pp-only and refuse to ever look at any 3pp no matter what. A "1pp mainly, but if you ask I'll think about it" GM is comfy AF.
>>
>>50841558
As long as you don't burn them, they stay like that.
It is easy to abuse trust, but you don't get back afterwards.
>>
>>50841378
What if only half the weight os fat the rst muscle?
>>
>>50840883
What 3p does it need?
>>
>>50840035
By default, they're kind of a dick. They're prideful, rude, and a bit bloodthirsty. Obsessed with mastering their craft, they practically chomp at the bit for a chance to test themselves, especially if they think it will make for an exciting story to relay to a certain someone.

They can be quite charitable, when they aren't seeking funds for some project(typically a gift for a certain someone). This is less out of kindness and more due to the fact that they have few vices and wants that can be satisfied with money.
>>
File: Disgusted Child in her Bedroll.png (494KB, 671x648px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusted Child in her Bedroll.png
494KB, 671x648px
>>50841616
>mfw there are people who actually abuse their GM's trust and aren't constantly worried about going overboard
>mfw there are people ITT who have had their GMs get so burned they wouldn't allow any 3pp, even if it gets screened
>mfw there are people who don't just talk to their GMs about how the shit works and how they intend to use it

>>50841654
Vigilante doesn't "need" 3pp to be pretty good on its own, but a lot of archetypes (Warlock and Gunmaster especially) basically REQUIRE you to have access to Legendary Vigilantes and Legendary Villains: Vigilantes in order to be remotely worth using. There's also just a ton of cool shit in those books in general that really makes the class shine outside of just being "it's x class but with two identities".
>>
>>50841161
Ahh Dragon slaying! Knighthood's greatest calling.
>>
>>50841728
>>mfw there are people who don't just talk to their GMs about how the shit works and how they intend to use it

I fucking tried.
>>
>>50841654
Well, LV and LV:V do wonders to make it feel both functional, as well as mechanically different enough from slayer, u.rogue and investigator. The base 1pp stuff only really lets you do "skilled, somewhat sneaky, mostly stabby guy" or "skilled somewhat stabby, mostly sneaky guy" which are covered by the aforementioned classes.
>>
>>50841485
>>50841546
Oh, thanks for letting me know. Any idea when Intrigue Archetypes releases?
>>
>>50841743
Gough you don't wanna be any where near this girl. She's worse than man eater Mildred
>>
>>50841792
As of the moment, it's still in flux with LG trying to push out all of their oriental content (Yakuza releases soon, cavalier ninja hybrid, I did gangs and some other stuff in it), so I can't give a hard date on it, but I'd like to say mid january to early feb as a solid point for it.
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (42KB, 560x408px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
42KB, 560x408px
>>50841883
And he was called Ehnjamin, the tripless.
>>
>>50841883
Well that's something to look forward to and, hey, maybe down line, now that I actually have a bit of income, I'll be able to set something up so I can actually toss money at the book.
>>
>>50841161
What does Dragon even taste like? Isn't it poisonous?
>>
File: Brawler girl 5.jpg (1MB, 1900x1249px) Image search: [Google]
Brawler girl 5.jpg
1MB, 1900x1249px
>>50841922
I get how many here aren't the richest, so if you can eventually that's fine, but I know my stuff's in the trove and all for a reason.
>>
>>50842016

Tough and stringy with a distinct gamey taste.
>>
>>50841621
isn't 40% morbid obesity on women?
>>
>>50842071
>pic

How would a Symphogear even work in PF?
>>
>>50842138
So stew it gotcha
>>
>>50842208
outrageous lyricist vigilante
>>
>>50842182

BEAUTIFUL AT EVERY SIZE
>>
>>50842182
Probably. Though she's probably operating on different rules.
>>
>>50842208
Steelfist commando || Urban Skald or bard
>>
File: I_REFUSE.png (247KB, 396x279px) Image search: [Google]
I_REFUSE.png
247KB, 396x279px
>>50836838
All I can see is HERESY!
>>
File: WAT.gif (2MB, 350x276px) Image search: [Google]
WAT.gif
2MB, 350x276px
>>50842284
>>
>>50842350
RIP ;_;7
>>
File: Querepeco Cartoon.jpg (20KB, 376x345px) Image search: [Google]
Querepeco Cartoon.jpg
20KB, 376x345px
I'm looking at a Construct Race, but I'm wondering how dangerous I should consider the ability to not be resurrected? How often do characters hit 0 HP in your games here?
>>
is there a way to add enhancement bonuses to SLAs? like some rod or something to channel through?
>>
>>50842071
Skald? Punch Bard? Exemplar Brawler?
>>
File: HBG.png (92KB, 669x766px) Image search: [Google]
HBG.png
92KB, 669x766px
>>50842391
All it takes is a crit or a full attack, anon.
>>
>>50842401
I'd probably say Outrageous Lyricist Vigilante myself.
>>
>>50836838
Avowed Question
do the various attack-roll pulse shapes allow for something like a stance or maneuver boost to apply to them?

Simple shit like "your attacks deal +1d6" or the such.
>>
File: 1474516265097.jpg (104KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
1474516265097.jpg
104KB, 1300x866px
So, a dumb question for an investigator going through Iron Gods. Can a Construct/Robot be Sickened, in terms of mechanics? The srd doesn't list that as one of the conditions they're immune to, and I just realized that the Sickening Offense talent applies to ANY attack made during Studied Combat instead of just when I make a Studied Strike, and it appears to have no save.
>>
>>50842418
Dang it. I'll see what else could work.
>>
File: tomie.png (109KB, 400x278px) Image search: [Google]
tomie.png
109KB, 400x278px
Would it be fair to throw a group of players up against a creature with an aura of madness and that can regenerate and multiply infinitely unless its burnt to ashes?
>>
>>50842588
That's one of the reasons I'm wanting to get to 7th with this investigator I'm planning.

>tfw don't know to take sickening offensive, amazing inspiration or aerial wings at 7th.
I can fit any two in but I want all three
>>
>>50840924
The only Molthuni who have problems with racial stuff are the really old aristocrats who think Teldas will doom the nation. Otherwise Molthune is generally egalitarian towards people of differing races (except the Nirmathi)
Unless she's from a super old-fashioned family, I doubt this would be much of a problem
>>
>>50842638
Adventurers fight Trolls all the time, adding a Madness aura shouldn't be too bad as long as the DC isn't ridiculous

I recommend looking at the Gibbering Mouther or Shoggoth stats for inspiration
>>
>>50842701
I don't know how much of that is the case. Sure, TELDAS THE TEMPEST might be cool with it, at least to allow citizenship in exchange for five years of military service. But that might not be because he's all love and peace with other races; he might need the soldiers more than prejudice. And either way, Teldas' opinions don't necessarily reflect the other Imperial citizens and nobles. They might NOT like the new guys coming in and "devaluing" what it means to be nobles. There very well could be a desire to keep the nobility "pure" through only humans, meaning a tiefling might still get some resistance when it comes to marriage.
>>
>>50842487
Yes (attacks are attacks are attacks).
>>
>>50842675
>tfw don't know to take sickening offensive, amazing inspiration or aerial wings at 7th.
>mfw I was going to take Aerial Wings, but forgot my GM didn't automatically greenlight DSP stuff
>mfw just hit 7th, and I'm going to have to wait until 11th to take it to be more in line with Aasimar's 1pp flight option

I feel slightly robbed, but I can work with this. Getting Sickening Offense and Amazing Inspiration works perfectly fine for me, and hopefully will make it easier for my allies to do stuff.

I wish there were more fun investigator talents. A talent to get the URogue's Minor Magic combined with the Bookish Rogue feat would be comfy.
>>
File: Tomie19.png (77KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
Tomie19.png
77KB, 201x251px
>>50842728
It's mostly the multiplication I'm worried about. Pic was related, I'm basing it off the horror character Tomie, who's got starfish regeneration powers and becomes two copies of herself if she's decapitated or otherwise has parts cut off. The downside is that the copies try to murder any other copy they encounter.
>>
>There are two kinds of people in this world I cannot stand:
>Those who are intolerant of other people's race
>And the Nirmathi!
>>
>>50842826

TRUST THE GREEN

LOSE YOUR SPLEEN
>>
>>50842804
>Have more options than I have room for at 7th
>don't know what to do with my 1st level feat, and my 5th level feat.
Why must all the cool investigator stuff be locked until later? I agree that there's a lack of cool things, but there's also way too many taxes for the poor class. Combat Inspiration, Infusion, Quick Study, getting dex to damage since they have only light armor and the best weapon they get is a rapier.
>>
>>50842825
Just make the enemy weak, and possibly with not only regeneration halt d by fire but also a weakness factor.
Also, try expanding the weakness to acid as well.
As for the cloning bit, make it take time and have it be gradual, in other words make it mostly impractical in combat.
>>
>>50842834
AROUND TREES
DON'T BE AT EASE
>>
>>50842285
What rules are those? Does she not have blood? Is she pumping mayo in her veins?
>>
>>50842893
>>50842834

SEE A RANGER
YOU'RE IN DANGER
>>
>>50842862
Just add another weakness factor? The rest of it is already what I was planning, she'd be pretty weak in combat with a small rage bonus, and it'd take 1d4 days for regeneration.
>>
>>50842934
SEE A FOXCLAW
READY THE DRAW
>>
>>50842284
That belly is perfect pillow material
>>
>one of the Molthune applicants is l i t e r a l l y poonished snek.
>>
Would people who fought in the original conflict that caused Nirmathas to split from Molthune have been granted automatic citizenship, or would that policy not come until later?

I ask because my character's grandfather was meant to be in the war, but he earns his citizenship himself under Teldas's policy of raising serfs to citizenship.
>>
>>50842852
My GM was at least benevolent enough to waive the Infusion and Finesse taxes, but it pains me to think about playing the class without those. That said, it really is utter bullshit that the class itself basically requires level 5, level 3 with some race shenanigans, or a dip into inspired blade in order to be able to fight.

It could REALLY use an errata, or at least a "fix" archetype or two.
>>
>>50842952

We're gonna make ourselves some Nirmathan wind-chimes out of the Treeslips hiding in those forests!
>>
>>50842974
>The HV GM is a meme spouting faggot
Are you surprised?
>>
>>50842974

What does /pfg/ want to see out of a Molthune character?

I ask because I'm good at developing ideas but terrible at making them, and I'm shamelessly whoring myself out for concepts.
>>
>>50842995
>meme spouting faggot
>anyone from /pfg/
Never would I be surprised; just disappointed.
>>
Hmm
I might make a character for the Molthune game
-lurker
>>
>>50842985
IN THE WOODS?
HIDE THE GOODS!
>>
>my old player character that became a bounty hunter for the royal family showed up
>and killed my current character
>he will never know that he just killed his brother he'd taken the job to provide for anonymously
i'm not even mad, that's fucking hilarious
>>
>>50841161

*sees ancient wyrm*
Imma eat it!
> awinita no.
Too late! I'm eating it already.
> it's still moving.
Just means it's fresh!
>>
>>50843015
Okay.

>>50843021
Not okay
>>
>>50843000

Kebab Remover? They call him the Botanist, because he can uproot trees with the greatest of ease, and he has points in Perform (Accordion.)
>>
>>50843000

Comfy knights would be nice.
>>
So, any anon with the psycrystals augmented pdf mind explaining how the new crystallized animal companion version works? Playtest one was a mess.
>>
>>50842974

Is it just me or is his mythweaver sheet not showing up?
>>
>>50843079

It's odd how all of the characters suggested so far are some shade of TOO VALUABLE TO LOSE or COMPLETELY HATED BY EVERYONE BUT THEIR COMMANDERS.

And then of course there's the fact so many are tacticians or logisticians.
>>
>>50843146

I guess everyone has different ideas as to what comfy knights are.
>>
>>50843146
I'd been wanting to make a Nation Avowed from the start, but everyone else is bigger better tactician types, so keep thinking I should probably change ideas or at least pacts. Just, not really sure what to, though.
>>
>>50843045
REMOVE GREEN remove GREEN
you are worst tree. you are the tree idiot you are the tree smell. return to lastwall. to our lastwall cousins you may come our contry. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,nirmathas we will never forgeve you. cetnik rascal FUck but fuck asshole tree stink nirmathas sqhipere shqipare..tree genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead tree..ahahahahahNIRMATHAS WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget lost omens .razmiaran we kill the king , razmiran return to your precious mongolia….hahahahaha idiot tree and nirmathi smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE GREEN FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. cheliax+andoran+lastwall+druma=kill nirmathas…you will lost omens/ aroden alive in molthune, aroden making album of molthune . fast rap aroden molthune. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of aroden… you are ppoor stink tree… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a log
aroden alive numbr one #1 in molthune ….fuck the lastwall ,..FUCKk ashol trees no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur flag and contry. ardon aliv and real strong wizard kill all the tree farm aminal with rap magic now we the molthun rule .ape of the zoo govenar markwin teldas fukc the great rovagug and lay egg this egg hatch and nirmathas wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. molthune greattst countrey
>>
>>50843146
Shouldn't low level usually *not* be too valuable to lose? I mean shouldn't the point be proving yourself and earning glory?
>>
>>50843146
And people said that RotJR was overwhelmingly female. There are currently 4 posted characters, give it some time and thing'll balance out.

>>50843186
Just do it anon. Make yourself stand out.
>>
File: oh god my sides.jpg (53KB, 640x370px) Image search: [Google]
oh god my sides.jpg
53KB, 640x370px
>>50843196
>you live in a log
ded
>>
>>50843146
I haven't made a character because I don't think I'd really enjoy trying to go FULL POLITICAL INTRIGUE, but the character I had considered was literally just "Ordinary Knight Guy, fan of swordfights and being out on the field doing stuff"
>>
Which Golarion god is most likely to have zealous, religious knight bitches fighting in their name?
>>
>>50843146
I'm literally writing my submission post right now, and my character is neither of those and also not a tactician/logistician.
>>
>>50840035
Brash and headstrong, but also devoted and zealous. Very proud of who he is, and wants to become even better and more famous, cares a lot about his family reputation. Immersed in stories long enough to want to be a real hero, tends to think in terms of narrative conventions, judges himself using fictional heroes as a measuring stick.
>>
File: abstract.jpg (37KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
abstract.jpg
37KB, 680x684px
>>50843146

>mfw mine wasn't meant to be too valuable to lose or hated by everyone, just a girl who worked hard and did something amazing and lucky and got rewarded for it
>>
>>50843212
I laughed more than I should at this.

>>50843208
Well if I'm to stick to it I have one more feat to grab. Already took silent recitation, Empower SLA through Balefire Infusion, and thought I'd make myself useful through (from racials) Psychic Sensitivity (the occult unlock skill uses). Have a level 3 left. Weapon focus?
>>
>>50843146
What would you say about >>50840791 ?

Are they too valuable to lose/hated by everyone in your opinion?
>>
File: Iomedae_ascendant.jpg (176KB, 1680x1129px) Image search: [Google]
Iomedae_ascendant.jpg
176KB, 1680x1129px
>>50843232
GLORY BE!
>>
File: 1450307054.png (618KB, 570x476px) Image search: [Google]
1450307054.png
618KB, 570x476px
>>50843232
>he doesn't know about the troompet sloot
>>
>>50843269
>>50843275
Why is she so skinny? She doesn't look like she could swing that sword hard enough to break skin
>>
>>50843304
D E X F A G S
>>
>>50843304

Trumpets are a hell of a drug
>>
>>50843269
Isn't that the god of dickgirls?
>>
>>50843304
Out-of-Universe: Bad artists at Paizo.
In-Universe: Just became a Goddess, no longer needs muscle to be strong.
>>
>>50843327
Nah, that's Arshea.
>>
>>50843343

Iomedae has a prestige class that LITERALLY makes you look like Iomedae at level 7.

Even the male adventurers, which is something I think Paizo would be smart to detail on their forum.
>>
>>50843377
It makes me wonder whether she has worshippers who take such things into their own hands, without the divine influence.
>>
>>50843377
While I wouldn't put it past Paizo's asshole devs to slip divinely-mandated gender change into their game lore, I prefer to read it more as "you start to mimic her divine presence" or "you gain some of her attitude and manner of speech". It's less creepy that way.
>>
File: Heritor Knight.jpg (1MB, 5026x3263px) Image search: [Google]
Heritor Knight.jpg
1MB, 5026x3263px
>>50843377
The key is that it's superficial features, implying that it's not underlying bone or muscle structure, and that they're still recognizable as themselves. So they're more feminine, but not dickgirls.

Arshea on the other hand is the goddess of people who aren't fixed on a given gender identity.
>>
>>50843377
>>50843432
thats kinda hot
>>
>>50843432
So wait, is this better for Fighters or for Paladins?
>>
>>50843432

So what you're saying is we could have a brown-girl Iomedae or Ulfen Iomedae with huge breasts and long blonde hair done up in braids?
>>
>>50843480
Seems like Fighter--it doesn't imply, unless your GM is uniquely generous with RAI, that you get weapon training unless you're already a Fighter, so it's got very little but flavor for Paladins.
>>
>>50843268

Both? She's simultaneously "boo hoo my family hates what I am" and "I'm too important to get silenced, I've got a secret~!"
>>
>>50843490
Or an androgynous guy-fighter who just wants to fight in the name of his god, but instead is rewarded by being made more girly with each blessing.
>>
>>50843490
Yeah.

Dudes would probably be less "poof you have tits now" and more "You speak with Her righteous fury in your voice". Worst-case scenario, you end up as a Griffith-esque pretty boy.
>>
>>50843490

>Ulfen Iomedae with huge breasts and braided blonde hair

Yes please!
>>
>>50843432
Uh, technically, shouldn't that be more in the "you have your mother's eyes/nose" style?

You guys seem to be taking this into a weird direction there...
>>
File: TZLSA3O9AT4P1458070980016.gif (457KB, 350x432px) Image search: [Google]
TZLSA3O9AT4P1458070980016.gif
457KB, 350x432px
>>50843551
>expecting /pfg/ not to take things in weird directions

Stay here too long and madness will consume you. It has already taken the others. There is no escape from this place once its whispers have infested your mind.
>>
>>50843551

You can never know with Paizo now.
>>
>>50843232
Iomedae is cute! CUTE!
>>
>DHB's new character has more than a dozen children with four different women
I honestly can't tell if this is meant to be a fetish or not.
>>
>>50843518
Hmm I didn't mean to have the family hate her for what she is. They were supposed to be accepting. Other noble families maybe not, but either way she was going to go the military officer route to avoid just being married off.

What would make it seem less "i'm too important!" I wanted to have her sort of blackmail the person/group for land, though I don't think the crime or whatnot would be too big. I do get what your saying though. Too small a corruption, and either nobody cares or they wouldn't land her to silence her, too big a corruption and they wouldn't bother keeping her alive.

Would having her get landed in exchange for both silence and the occasional "help" with certain clandestine tasks be a good trade off?
>>
File: 1472872574262.jpg (250KB, 600x752px) Image search: [Google]
1472872574262.jpg
250KB, 600x752px
>>50843566
>>
What would your characters want for Christmas/In setting gift giving holiday?
>>
>>50843609
>thinking his autism would allow him to make a fetish character
You misunderstand. DHB ruins games with autism not fetishes.
>>
>>50843657
A new copy of "The History and Future of Humanity" as their old one is getting a bit ragged.
>>
>>50843657

He wants a big smooch on Crystalhue by his crush! A smooch right on the lips!
>>
>>50843687
And who would that be?
>>
>>50843657
>Druid
He wants the memory of that poor girl he killed to go away.

>Rubato Bard
She wants a new dress.

>Magus
She wants a big fucking witch hat.
>>
>>50843657
An Amulet of Mighty Fists and a Belt of Giant Strength.
>>
>>50843726

You! You!
>>
>>50843657

The end of traitors and the continuation of her Imperial Magistrix.
>>
>>50843613
Here, how about this:

They know one tiny detail of a very big thing. Maybe it's nothing to most people, Except an Investigator looking into it. Other people involved, not wanting to risk more trouble with an Assassin, just promote her to get her out of their hair and less chance of things being put together.

However, other people involved might disagree and try their own things to clean up the job, or others try to strong arm her
>>
>>50843726

I haven't figured that out yet, the campaign hasn't gone on long enough to get a crush yet! But when I figure who she is my character's going to give her a lovely pearl necklace!
>>
>>50843377
>>50843427
Even interpreted as uncreepily as possible it still makes her out to be this unbelievably vain self-worshipping asshole of a paladin. Iomedae is like the pettiest, most self-centred piece of shit to ever call itself Lawful Good, and most hardline paladins of the setting somehow worship both her and these qualities of her.
>>
>>50843808
So if it's something like "There's odd movement in X industry" and then getting promoted and being told "you don't have to worry about that now?
>>
>>50843829
>pettiest, most self-centered piece of shit
I get the idea that there's a fair amount of projecting going on whenever JJ talks about how he and his fag hags see Lawful Good.
>>
>>50843829
I think it's more supposed to follow the theme that mortals can become gods.
>>
>>50843847
Yeah, the Conspirators moved her along so they could get their people and plans in place. To the Tiefling, it was a sign that they were working hard.

But if someone were to ask just the right questions, she'd be able to place the bad guys together and launch investigations all over.
>>
>>50843868
>>50843829

Vildeis and Damerrich are much better icons for paladin worship.
>>
>>50843934
Should I go with that as the small piece of evidence she finds or something else? I wanted to make some hooks for the GM to possibly use.
>>
>>50843971
You could go with a whole bunch of them.

Uncooked books that would show theft and embezzlement if compared.

Equipment that was supposed to go to other places but was redirected.

Diaries that put the bad guys together.

No one wants to pull the trigger since they think it might bring more investigations over them, or they are afraid that they'll miss something.
>>
>>50843945

I don't like Damerrich, he feels like the type of hyper-generic "super grim the reckoning" Paladin everyone spends a phase making before they get over it.
>>
File: Rinmaru Locket.png (387KB, 455x601px) Image search: [Google]
Rinmaru Locket.png
387KB, 455x601px
>>50838217
>1
Locket Elkehund
>2
Given. It is a corruption of the name her mother gave her: Liu Khet (Gut Eater), and her adopting father's last name (ElkHunter)
>3
Her mother is a hag, whom she is terrified of; she loves her adoptive father.
>4
River fish, especially catfish.
>5
Theoreticals confuse her, the idea of them makes no sense to her. Presented with a reality, she would chose to save the most innocent lives.
>6
She likes dresses, but she wears monastic garb for cities and strong traveling cloths for travel. she likes to be comfortable and as feminine as she can manage when she has the opportunity.
>7
Drums, she loves others drumming.
>8
Very shyly, as she isn't quite sure how to cope; she doesn't have much in the way of romantic or sexual feelings at all.
>9
Nervously and as politely as she can manage while leaving.
>10
She has discovered there is very little she can't stomach, including unpalatable things. That distressed her quite badly.
>11
Never, unless medicinally or to knock herself out during thunderstorms.
>12
Very effusively and politely, as she was taught.
>13
Never. It would take something extraordinary to make her feel safe enough to settle down.
>14
She is terrified of her mother - or worse, something like her mother - finding her.
>15
She handles it well. Usually she will trade money for gems or trinkets of silver and gold for easier trading and selling and carrying. Windfalls are a safety net.
>16
She enjoys her self appointed herbalist/alchemy selling. She often sets up near buskers.
>17
She's not capable of killing her mother, so there is that as a regret, but nothing else.
>18
She likes chicory coffee, and she takes it black and sweet.
>19
Yes, but she can't hold onto them if there are children around. She feels compelled to offer children sweets. It distresses her when she thinks about it too much.
>20
Politely and with good grace, usually, but she won't tolerate undue or cruel criticism.
>21
she's a rather arrogant self-righteous sort.
>>
>>50844060

Everyone has to take out the trash some time anon.
>>
>>50843945
>Damerrich
Ah, yes, the only guy more of a try-hard "CLEAVE AND SMITE THE ORC BABIES" motherfucker than Ragathiel. And at least Ragathiel has redeeming qualities, believable flaws, and some good mechanics to support him.

>Vildeis
a.k.a. "I'm not comfortable playing pretend unless I can find a Jesus analogue to be a priest of"
>>
>>50844113

JJ go back to the paizo forums and your spunky low wis, I hate my parents CG monstrosities.
>>
>>50844060
I guess we play with very different people then. Dammerich was a breath of fresh air for me, because every Paladin in my group was the same generic, kinda naive "Nice Guy"-archetype, with a healthy dose of "Detect Evil, Smite, never think for yourself".

Having a deity who values things like absolute justice and a very even-handed approach to killing even evil things was a welcome change.
>>
What gestalts well with a (3rd party enabled) kineticist? The con primary is throwing me.
>>
>>50844095
>Can you describe that character without referring to their race, gender, profession, or appearance?
Locket is a simple person with great depths of power and fear. The situation she lives in is untenable, but as of yet there is no clear path to be turned to, so Locket tries to make make do when they can, how they can, without causing distress or turmoil to those around them. As long as they can stay ahead of the turmoil that haunts them, Locket can live with themselves.
>>
>>50844143
Alchemist. The only way to increase con without using rage.
>>
>>50844135
>implying there's no middle ground between that and shitty emo worst LG gods
Torag, Erastil, Andoletta. Hell, any of the other dwarf gods. Either stop cutting yourself and try some of the good LG patrons or just go down the road rather than across the street.
>>
>>50844135

He's got a point, Damerrich is the deep-end of the other "bad" type of Paladin.

When people are done making valiant protagonists, they make grim pragmatic determinators. Damerrich is a determinator.
>>
>>50844136
>when the dumb robo-din is considered original
Unless these "nice guys" were literally tipping their fedoras with every second word, I'm gonna assume you were the that guy in that situation.
>>
>>50844214
Ah, so you haven't even read the entry about Damerrich, have you?
>>
Why can't paladins of Abadar just be a more common thing?
>>
>>50844135
>Low Wisdom
Can we agree that this can actually be a legitimate flaw if it's intended as such rather than just a dump stat to make room for more Dex and Cha?

I like using low Wis for the absent-minded old wizard archetype.
>>
>>50844244
Maybe because Abadar is fairly boring and offers pretty much nothing unique for Paladins
>>
>>50844252
The thing is that it's really common among most of JJ's characters.
>>
>>50844194
>Torag
Muh beard
>Erastil
Muh adoptions are just as good, use a bow!
>Andoletta
Muh literally who

>>50844214
Literally didnt read anything about Dmerrich other than his title.
>>
>>50844136
>>50844214
Learn to reading comprehension, fuckmunch.
>every Paladin in my group was...healthy dose of "detect evil, smite never think for yourself"
Specifically NOT the Dammerich one.
>>
>>50844252

I like making absent-minded wizards, too bad as soon as you do that you get instantly labeled as a power gamer.
>>
>>50844194
>>50844213
those are some hot opinions you two have
>arguing over badwrongfun

lmao
>>
>>50844282
I think what you mean is
>I like making wizards
That's usually what gets people labeled power gamers nowadays. And I gotta admit, they sometimes have a legit worry.

I specifically had to ask my GM to exclude my wizard when he wanted to give each of the PCs something he considered OP to make them more main-character-ey. Figured I was going to be OP without much help.
>>
>>50844254

ECONOMICS KNIGHT sounds kind of awesome bro.
>>
>>50844307

I like clerics better. There just isnt as much for them. Im still mad I cannot really make an evil healing cleric.
>>
>>50844316
I suppose it's something, but it's not really something you can play in most adventure-type campaigns, and probably not as a Paladin.
>>
>>50844244

They hang around cities and dont go adventuring int the wilderness.
>>
>>50844316
>Knight uses greatsword named "FED RULE"
>other knight uses two swords named "SUPPLY" and "DEMAND"
>Knight uses hammer named "WEALTH OF NATIONS"
my heart
>>
>>50844369

>Unarmed Paladin uses THE INVISIBLE HAND
>>
What would be the stats of a Space Marine in PF?
>>
>>50844431
All weapons forged by the local adam smith.
>>
>>50844431
It could work, I think Dusk Knight can let you stealth by smiting someone.
>>
>>50844353
I could actually see them doing a lot of wilderness adventuring to explore and map out territories, patrol roads, and help guard caravans. After all, taming the wilderness is a part of upholding civilization.
>>
>>50844495
>taming the wilderness is a part of upholding civilization.
That's kind of a big part of my character for Molthuni Knights, but instead of a Paladin, he's an OD/ZS
>>
>>50844338

Isn't there a trait or something that lets you work with positive energy and healing even if you're evil?
>>
File: Orcus.jpg (129KB, 640x792px) Image search: [Google]
Orcus.jpg
129KB, 640x792px
One weird thing about Golarion's lore and art style, and I'd really like an explanation for this, is that piercings are almost always shorthand for evil.

Honestly, does anybody know why? My working theory is JJ just has a boner for this shit but feels like he has to couche his "problematic" fetish shit in terms of "no, that's supposed to be for evil only". But on the other hand, this was around back in 3e too, where male nipple rings are more of a marker for evil than actually having horns and red skin.

Pic related.
>>
>>50844592
To be fair only tools get fucking nipple rings.
>>
>>50844607

I thought tools get a Prince Albert?
>>
>>50843808
Is that Youmu?
>>
>>50844607

Men with nipple piercings are tools, but women with nipple piercings are...?
>>
>>50844727
Also tools
>>
>>50844607
>mfw enough piercings on non-facial parts of my body to get mistaken for a kuthite
>mfw nothing above the neck because I still have to hold on to a job
>mfw can't help but feel like I'm half-assing it because of that

To make this not entirely a shitpost: Why are there never any well-written non-evil gods of sex? They're all shitty one dimensional things at best.
>>
New Thread >>50844756
>>50844756
>>50844756
>>50844756
>>50844756
>>
>>50844760
PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGEEE FFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>50844741
Shelyn might be what you're looking for. She's not strictly sex, but rather sex as an expression of love.
>>
>>50844727
someone's bitch.
>>
>>50844592
It's because piercings are associated with edgy subcultures. Punks, goths, emo, all these people want to consider themselves evil, so their habits are considered evil as well. It's also seen as something self indulgent, which is pretty evil as well.
>>
>>50844832
Which makes it hilarious and ironic that Paizo devs make all this "evil" when they're trying to pander so hard to people who see themselves as outsiders, underdogs, or oppressed for being different.

The hypocrisy is always delicious.
>>
>>50843657
Justice for all
>>
>>50841161
You know that no one will play with this character right? No one wants to play as or with fat people.
>>
>>50844869
I've played and played in parties with some fairly rotund guys.
>>
>>50844869
So she likes having a lot of meat in her mouth. So what? >>50844869
>>
>>50844113
I like Ragathiel. Plus his mom sounds sexy as fuck
>>
>>50844565

There is an archetype that RAI lets you.
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.