/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can one work romance organically into a campaign?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: La-Belle-Dame-Sans-Merci.jpg (115KB, 550x732px) Image search: [Google]
La-Belle-Dame-Sans-Merci.jpg
115KB, 550x732px
Can one work romance organically into a campaign?
>>
>>50835523

Can it be done? Yes.

Can it be done by the kinds of people who have to ask this? No.
>>
>>50835523
No.
>>
>>50835523
>organically
what like with myconids or something?
>>
>>50835537
/thread.
>>
>>50835622
>Oh yes, ravish my spores with your mighty lance!

Nah, I'm not seeing it.
>>
>>50835523
Depends on the setting.
>>
>>50835523
By being mentally an adult.
>>
File: sexymyconid.jpg (143KB, 540x767px) Image search: [Google]
sexymyconid.jpg
143KB, 540x767px
>>50835641
>>
>>50835523
I think the only way it can work in your standard beer and pretzels group is if you play it off as as least partially comedic. Go through the whole romeo juliet caper, playing a lute outside her window. Or just be humorously shit at romancing, and have every attempt end with some farce that stops it in its tracks. Both ways still require people to be on-board though.
>>
>>50835523
Sure. A good romance doesn't take a lot of roleplay actually involving romantic feelings.

You could do it pretty easily with a blurb of backstory starting your first adventure, then have the players pursuing one character's lost love or damsel in distress for the first adventure or three. You can even keep the NPC in the background. Maybe he's a knight and his lady love stays home while he goes on adventures, and she's pure background that you only mention in intros and epilogues as that character parts with her when he leaves and comes back to her at the end of the adventure.

You can easily do romance wrapped into the gameplay, too--just thought that keeping it out of gameplay might be helpful for you if you're nervous about including roleplaying.
>>
>>50835523
No, but the players can, if you let them. Good luck finding any good enough to do it, for my players it's a good day if they respond when I call them by their character's names.
>>
>>50835523
With my current character, his backstory was similar to >>50835923 but with a few twists here and there. For the most part he spent his early years as a carpenter in order to take care of the family since his father passed away and his mother went catatonic, but there was a woman my character loved although he ended up going to war. Due to the prospect of better pay and the possibility of becoming a hero like in the stories. When he came back years later, he found that his brother swooped in when he was gone. Turns out the two of them ended up having a child but the mother ended up dying later on. Needless to say, his brother was a dead beat and did not put up any resistance when my character took custody of her and treated her as a father. Fast forward into the current campaign, he ends up contacting the spirit of the woman he once loved and speaks to her one last time before letting her rest in peace. Thus putting him at ease as well.
>>
>>50835702
>I'm just looking for a fun guy
>>
>>50840539
>didn't get the joke till literally 3 hours later
I am shamed
>>
>>50835523
can it be done? yes

[Spoiler] Her name was Jamie [/Spoiler]
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.