[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 31

File: imp.jpg (20KB, 250x340px) Image search: [Google]
imp.jpg
20KB, 250x340px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Devilish Edition. Tell about your interaction with the infernal powers.

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread: >>50822042
>>
I am going to ask again. What would the best VMC be to complement a Cabalist Vigilante with the end goal of being espionage based?

Also are there any PoW disciplines that do a lot of bleed damage?
>>
>>50826934
Broken Blade, Cursed Razor, Piering Thunder, Primal Fury, Scarlet Throne, and Steel Serpent have one bleed maneuver each. Thrashing Dragon and Tempest Gale have two.

Bleed is a shitty mechanic to base a character around, as any healing stops all of the damage.
>>
>>50826935
>Broken Blade, Cursed Razor, Piering Thunder, Primal Fury, Scarlet Throne, and Steel Serpent have one bleed maneuver each. Thrashing Dragon and Tempest Gale have two.

Thank you. I think Steel Serpent will probably be the best for this character.
>>
>>50826955
I'm just saying as the Cabalist has bleed as something it regularly does.
>>
>>50826905
>Devils

Right, then. Why does /pfg/ love Asmodeus and Mahathallah so much?
>>
>>50826988
The cabalist, no matter what any memester will tell you, is not particularly good for that very reason.
>>
>>50827042
Well yes but at least it has cooler talents than a certain OTHER Warlock archetype

:^)
>>
>>50827031
Because /pfg/ hates Paizo, and Paizo hates Asmodeus and Mahathallah.
>>
>>50827031
Papa Asmo actually has a really interesting history as The First, plus his participation in The Brother's War and the whole creating evil as a thing gods can have during the First Betrayal.
>>
>>50827042
I wanted it mostly because I wanted the witch's spell list due to it brings one of the best espionage spell lists. Wizard would be better. Is there a vigilante archetype that casts from the wizard list?

Also not many enemies actually have healing. Unless they have a divine spell caster they are often shit out of luck.
>>
>>50827031
>>50827060
>Because /pfg/ hates Paizo, and Paizo hates Asmodeus and Mahathallah.

Contrarianism is cool, but the question is also 'why do people like non-self destructive evil', which has a pretty obvious answer.
>>
>>50827088
Bleed isn't bad because it can be healed so easily, though that's not doing it any favors. It's bad because DoTs don't inhibit an enemy's ability to fight.
>>
GLORY TO THE RECLAMATION!
>>
>>50827140
>'why do people like non-self destructive evil', which has a pretty obvious answer
Yet you don't see anyone hoping on Netural Evil dick.

Shit Lawful Evil tends to be more self destructive than neutral evil because all dem traitorous Lawyers/Viziers/Jews dick stabbing each other for power and prestige.

NE bros just want good pussy,loose shoes, and a warm place to shit
>>
Is making "morally grey" characters a phase?
These days I feel less and less about people wanting to "put a twist on it" with like "this guy is like, good but he does REALLY BAD THINGS MAN"
>>
>>50827243
It's a cycle. You bounce between 'pure characters are boring' and 'ambiguous characters are edgy.'
>>
>>50827263
Where do "characters ultimately unconcerned with good and evil and seek to fulfill their own lives/goals/etc" fall?
>>
>>50827203
Lawful Evil: Illegal Acts at a Reasonable Price With Professional Standards

Neutral Evil: Illegal Acts at a Reasonable Price With Some Contract Negotiation

Chaotic Evil: Unreliable, Illegal Acts at a Fluctuating Price with No Contract.
>>
>>50827203
Also the destruction of all life and power at any cost.
>>
>>50827282
You mean TN/CN characters? That's a cycle of its own, where you either want the simplicity or hate the 'lul randumb' nature.
>>
>>50827282
"Self-centered character means I do not have to take sides right" spot
>>
>>50827243
Ehh "Embodiments of evil do not exist other than in third-rate television dramas." is something to consider though.
>>
>>50827306
So then what's the alignment of DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRTY CHEAP?

>>50827282
Those are actually good characters, which everyone wants to make but nobody knows how.
>>
Is the Warlock Vigilante any good? I know there's some 3pp that makes it better but I don't think it's on PFSRD which makes it less likely to get approved; without those kinds of fixes, how does it perform?
>>
>>50827337
Evil. No Law, No Chaos, No Neutrality

JUST FILTHY ACTS WITH AFFORDABLE COSTS
>>
>>50827337
>DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRTY CHEAP?
Lawful Evil, given that it's an extension of Funny.
>>
>>50827332
Even if they do not show it, the world is full of severely selfish people only looking to maintain or climb the power structure at any means possible.
>>
>>50827345
Terribly without 3pp.

Neat spot with 3pp, though might be overshadowed by other "warlock-y blaster types".
>>
>>50827203
LE just has style. "Yeah, I might be an evil fucker, but I'm still more honourable than you could ever hope to be, fucking murderhobos."
>>
File: SistahSpooky.jpg (10KB, 198x239px) Image search: [Google]
SistahSpooky.jpg
10KB, 198x239px
>>50827345
A non jollylock is jank, but the fixes are in the trove.
>>
Evil is not always death murder kill, but gaining power or status at the expense of others.
There are many ways to do this, violent and non-violent.
>>
>>50827345
It's over all pretty good, getting the wizard spell list helps, and 3rd party stuff just makes its arcane bolts actually Useful.
>>
>>50827371
That helps, for some reason I didn't even think to look there. Thanks friend.
>>
File: JUSTICE.jpg (16KB, 236x234px) Image search: [Google]
JUSTICE.jpg
16KB, 236x234px
>>50827365
>>
>>50827366
True, but how much of that is because people won't/can't realize that they are evil, resulting in their only path forward consisting of similar acts?
>>
>>50826677
>>50826684
I quickly whipped up his sheet in Myth-Weavers, I'm like 99% sure I did everything up to code but feel free to ask how or why I did a thing. Also if I failed to post the right link to the sheet.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1047768
>>
>>50827403
Does it matter?
What if world is deterministic and it does not matter if you perceive yourself as evil, you are still evil because you had no choice to be the opposite.
>>
>>50827392
No problem, it should be in Legendary Villains: Vigilantes in Legendary Game's stuff.
>>
>>50827419
Can you fault them for being such a way in a deterministic world? They did not chose such a life. Should we punish those for outcomes they had no control over?
>>
>>50827408
What's your reasoning behind Weapon Group Adaptation for Unarmed to Primal Fury?
>>
>>50827471
Maximum Damage?
>>
>>50827446
But you will punish them, for that too was destined for you.

No escape. Not in this life, not in the next.
>>
Sup, /pfg/.

For those of you who were interested in the one on one lewd as shit Burnt Offering into Jade Regent, here's the link! https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/64765/one-on-one-jade-regent
>>
>>50827446
Good will fault them, but we do not need to look at the world from Good bias.
>>
>>50827471
Primal Fury not only has MAXIMUM OVERDAMAGE but one of the abilities, Crushing Blow, is fairly useful, especially if one of my allies ends up getting Sneak Attacks as well.
>>
File: Awoo girl.jpg (30KB, 569x321px) Image search: [Google]
Awoo girl.jpg
30KB, 569x321px
>>50827500
Honestly while I'm interested, it seems less vital to have a system for a purely lewd game where freeform could work just as easily for something like that, but that might just be me.
>>
>>50827486
>>50827516
I'm just going to tell you to make sure you know, because I know it's a common misconception. Unless otherwise stated, like for Broken Blade and Solar Wind, you can use a discipline with any weapon, not just with discipline weapons.
>>
>>50827494
Punishing those who had no choice in the matter doesn't seem very good of thing to do. If we too are destined to unwillingly and wrongfully punish those who unwillingly commit evil, can we truly say that we are good; can anyone?
>>
>>50827541
I am not he, I was just making a guess.
>>
>>50827541
Even if that is the case, I'm going to pretend it isn't and just keep it like it is now. I'm already stronk enough, if I get to spend another feat for free on something I'd like I literally might just break my DM.
>>
Is there a Vigilante that casts off the wizard spell list that isn't warlock? I don't want bolts, just the spell list.

Because right now I'm torn between Cabalist, Warlock, and Zealot.

Not because I particularly like any of their new features, I'm torn between their spell lists.

I want to be espionage based, and the Wizard/Witch spell lists do that well, as does the Inquisitor's. The Wizard's does it the best. The Inquisitor does it well, but is missing some key spells.

I'd probably say it's Wizard > Witch = Inquisitor.
>>
>>50827555
No.

There can be no Good in a world without free will.
>>
Post Vigilante Gestalt ideas with Psionics and Path of War allowed. No 9-level Casters or Manifesters, that's the only restriction.
>>
>>50827585
Just making sure you know for the future. The benefit of Weapon Group Adaptation (UA to Primal Fury) is +2 on your Primal Fury saves. Other than that my only advice is to dump int down a bit and boost wis, as it's a pretty important ability score for both stalker and monk.
>>
>>50827602
Even if it is not the case, I like to think that we do have free will, if only to entertain the idea that good perhaps does exist.
>>
>>50827602
t. Unclean One
>>
Are Throwing Weapons just plain shit all around or can you make it "viable"?
>>
>>50827620
I'm actually a Stalker Vigilante, which uses Int instead of Wis for all of its Stalker-related boosts. Apologies for not putting that in the sheet.
>>
>>50827624
Just remember that survival instinct doesn't count for that.

If any "good" you do is because you will be infinitely punished for finite transgressions during your life, that's not being good nor having a choice in the matter: you've got a gun to your soul's head.

Likewise, If any evil you commit could have been prevented but is always allowed "because it's part of a greater plan", that deity's plan is... not good in the least.
>>
>>50827659
1pp only - Startoss Style
3pp - Tempest Gale
>>
>>50827528
Well, it's not gonna be 100% lewd 100% of the time, and I like having it as a framework (and don't know any other system well enough to convert Jade Regent into it).
>>
>>50827606
Vigilante(stalker)//Stalker(vigilante), obviously.
>>
>>50827677
I had never mentioned good and evil being part of a diety's plan for us. All I hope for is that mankind has the ability to stand up beyond base survival instincts, pursue what is just and good, and make the world a better place before our deaths. Even if we cannot chose our actions or fates, hoping for the betterment of our species a good thing, at least in my thoughts.
>>
File: Warforged rolls to seduce.gif (733KB, 356x250px) Image search: [Google]
Warforged rolls to seduce.gif
733KB, 356x250px
>>50827203
>NE
>not even bigger dickstabbers since they don't even care about the squabbles of Law or Chaos and would gladly side and betray each of the looking out for number one
You deserve to get Starscream'd
Heck this was eve the MO of one of the important Fiend Tribes in the Planescape Bloodwar
>>
>>50827596
The trickster operative seems like a good option for that kind of character: http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2qmqe&page=15?Beguiler-conversion-for-Pathfinder#702
>>
>>50827744
We'll have to do like the Klingons and slay any gods we have, then.
>>
>>50827789
>http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2qmqe&page=15?Beguiler-conversion-for-Pathfinder#702
This is for the Molthune game. I doubt this would be allowed.
>>
>>50827345
There's a guide in the zenith game guide list that sums shit up pretty well.

It also needs updates, unfortunately.
>>
How would one get Wis to Disguise/Bluff?
>>
>>50827798
I fail to see how having gods prevents such a ideology. Could they not too be bound by a lack of free will or choice in their actions?
>>
>>50827839
Heresy/Conversion Inquisition, Wisdom in the Flesh.
>>
So what is pfgs opinion of landsknecht?
>>
>>50827500

How lewd we talking?

"Shayliss is a huge-chested slut" lewd, or "Nualia's overtly fucking her fiend hounds?"
>>
>>50827890
Hersey/Conversion handle bluff. Wisdom of the flesh only handles Str/Con/Dex skills. Disguise remains illusive.
>>
>>50827913

It's more Swordlord than the Swordlord PrC, but everything after level 5 is kind of worthless.
>>
>>50827819
What is it missing? I was just reading through it.
>>
>>50827952
>>50827913

Also, Landsknecht is a goddamn terrible name for the PrC.

Why wasn't it named "Swordmaster?"
>>
>>50827913
>>50827952
>but everything after level 5 is kind of worthless.
Silver Crown Strike is actually pretty dope, and so is Stance of Assured Victory. It's pretty solid overall, honestly, and combos well with something like Fiendbound Warder.
>>
>>50827983
This bugs me too because when I think Landsknect, I think motherfuckers with pikes. They got the clothes pretty accurate in the picture (although they were usually even more colorful than that), but they definitely weren't using one-handed swords.
>>
>>50827161
DoTs could work with some builds that do inhibit an enemy's ability fight. Heal isn't that big of an issue if you can regularly get bleed attacks off.
>>
>>50828034

>Not comboing it with ZweiSent using Scarlet Throne Style

[Reeeeing increases]
>>
>>50827932
It would veer into ERP from time to time (the sort of stuff that in a normal game would be fade to black and backchannel), I can only imagine, but the guy who's demanding a list of kinks is over thinking things and probably thinks it will be 100% smut 100% of the time. Mostly, it's up to the player to initiate that stuff, with the NPCs at most having a scene where, say, you walk in on a man getting under the table service from his well stacked halfling lover.
>>
>>50828218

>you walk in on a man getting under the table service from his well stacked halfling lover.

That fight was tough.
>>
>>50827685
Dont forget Trained Throw.
>>
>>50828260

That fight still isnt finished. Bullshit halfling. Where does a slave even have time to learn 2nd level maneuvers?
>>
File: Tiamat (LucasGraciano).jpg (403KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Tiamat (LucasGraciano).jpg
403KB, 720x480px
>>50826905
In the part of Faerun where my next campaign will be, Tiamat is one of the more popular deities because she's the lesser evil.
>>
>>50828260
>>50828317
Context?
>>
>>50828325
What does Tiamat even do that's so evil? I'll need to know this for one of my upcoming sessions.
>>
>>50828363
Same as any great wyrm chromatic dragon, only 5x more so.
>>
>>50827379
Evil is not always death murder kill, but gaining power or status at the expense of others.

What's the point of power if you're not going to use it? What good is status you can't maintain through death murder kill? Sounds like pussy evil to me.
>>
>>50828341

Halfling slave in the first session of HV is a secret assassin that is at least level 3 with full initiator levels.
>>
>>50828341
>Context?
I'm running /pfg/ Hell's Vengeance, and souped up the first battle by making the Expert a Ninja, and giving him a second ninja to help him out. Said ninja happened to be a halfling blowing him,under his desk.
>>
>>50828341

In the HV campaign we had to go to a tannery and we walked in on a guy getting oral from his halfling slave. The guy was easy to down but his naked, wholly devoted slave who somehow managed to learn maneuvers, is still hanging around.
>>
>>50828205
How does it synergize with ZweiSent and ST?
>>
File: 1470855611232.gif (580KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1470855611232.gif
580KB, 300x169px
>>50827500
>banning stat swaps
>banning Orator

How to detect a shit GM 101.
>>
>>50828446
Did he suddenly get a dramatic power-up when you killed his lover?

'Cause I mark out for that kind of animu shit.
>>
File: Monk_FFXI_Ikeda_Icon.png (159KB, 317x369px) Image search: [Google]
Monk_FFXI_Ikeda_Icon.png
159KB, 317x369px
I wanna try playing a Monk but every time I try making one I end up getting bored in the process. Some of the archetypes have neat stuff, but usually gain them at the loss of something I'd rather keep (most often FoB). What're some interesting Monk builds you guys've done? Qinggong seems a good way to start at least...
>>
>>50828492
>crying about stat swap bans

How to detect a shit Player and Faggot 101.
>>
File: 1470501430856.jpg (180KB, 900x678px) Image search: [Google]
1470501430856.jpg
180KB, 900x678px
>>50828512
We've been through this already. They're not broken at all.
>>
>>50828450
A ZweiSent/Landsnecht with Deadly Agility and Scarlet Throne Style gets to one hand a weapon and get 1.5x dex to damage, +3 for every -1 on power attack, and a shield bonus equal to his aegis.
>>
>>50828450

Scarlet Throne Style lets you use all the ZweiSent abilities (such as Aegis) while wielding a one-handed weapon.

Like, I guess I'm not making a whole lot of sense but I guess that's phoneposting for you.

IT
JUST
WORKS
>>
>>50828497
I mean it's kind of cheating but I posted my gestalt UC monk/StalkerllVigilante above and it's pretty good.
>>
>>50828492
Feats and traits such as orator shouldn't exist in the first place. Charisma is already fairly useless unless your class features depend on it, it shouldn't be made into an obligatory dump stat and it should certainly NEVER be a dump stat if you're planning to be anything like party face.
>>
>>50828496

She was completely devoted, dropping her master was what pulled her out of stealthing this fog cloud
>>
>>50828521
I've been through your mom already and it's broken as shit. Can't get mad at a GM who wants to run the game the way he wants to run it, maybe you should stop being a faggot and not apply since you don't like his ruling.
>>
>>50826905
>>50828325
Once played as an Inquisitor of Tiamat. He was from some remote island colony who worshiped her. Nobody ever really bothered to ask who his god was though, which is a shame. Laid out all these clues and had a big reveal planned but the campaign simply didn't last long enough.
>>
>>50828549
>>50828554
Are you butthurt that someone can spend TWO FUCKING FEATS on Orator?
>>
>>50828562
Are you butthurt that you can't accurately match your IRL stats while still being the party face?
>>
>>50828527
>>50828537

If you do ZweiSent 6 / Landsknecht 4, you also get reach with a longsword and a constant 15 foot zone of AoO.

Combine that with Improved Quick Draw and you've got a room sweeper.
>>
>>50827500

>one on one ERP

lol
>>
>>50828492
>banning stat swaps
>one of the few ways to make Cha pretend it can be useful

oh i'm laffin
>>
>>50828497
You'll definitely want an archetype for sure.

Unfortunately it's kind of hard to enjoy Monk things without giving up other Monk things.

Qinggong is one of the better archetypes though. I say look up style feats and find the ones you like and build around them. You can be a mobile monk, a [insert combat manuever] monk, flurry monk, etc.
>>
>>50827847
They can be, but then we're in a "turtles all the way down" situtation; as long as you've got comparatively ultra-powerful entities dictating what you can and can't do *OR ELSE*, or worse yet being able to directly influence thoughts and actions, then you as a society are bound. Yes, we create laws and limitations for ourselves, but there remains a difference between "the grand majority of us that aren't raging psychopaths have agreed that these things are detrimental and shouldn't be done" and between "All of you do this or I fucking damn your afterlife". Even if the laws would have ended up the same - in which case it's just "less bad" of a situation. The choice has been removed, though.

Whether they themselves are or are not does not matter to those below them, save that perhaps if they DID have the choice, and left, then you would finally have the breathing room to exercise your choice and free will. It COULD mean that they are not to blame for our inability to truly choose, but then whoever's binding *them* is.
>>
>>50828548
Universal Century?
>>
>muh stats swaps
Just give some Charisma to knowledge/spell craft/appraise traits and call it a day. If it twists your knickers that much.

It's a fucking ERP game anyway, most people are going to be loading up on Charisma.
>>
>>50828635
If you're going for anything that needs Charisma, consider Scaled Fist for Monk--not the best option, really, but if you're using Cha for casting or something, this lets it cover more stuff.
>>
>>50828629
moar lik cryin bch nigga
>>
>>50828661
Unchained monk
>>
>>50828672
>Just give some Charisma to knowledge/spell craft/appraise traits and call it a day.
That doesn't make it any less useless unless you need it for class features, it just slightly buffs classes which do.
>>
>>50828715
Yeah, Int isn't giving you much either.
>muh skillpoints
Irrelevant unless you were a skill monkey type to begin with.
>>
>>50828661
You will see the tears of time
>>
File: 1464270384861.gif (89KB, 270x250px) Image search: [Google]
1464270384861.gif
89KB, 270x250px
>>50828629
We've been through this shit already. You got BTFO last time when the consensus was that they weren't broken. See: >>50749061
>>
>>50828672

Really? If I was joining I'd intentionally keep a low or middling Charisma.

I will become the faceless old man with a pudge, making Ameiko please me for money!
>>
>>50828736
Having more skills is always nice. It's not strictly NECESSARY, but it's still nice to be able to put points into more than perception + one other skill.
>>
File: don't want.jpg (32KB, 600x443px) Image search: [Google]
don't want.jpg
32KB, 600x443px
>>50828765
>faceless old man with a pudge
>>
>>50828685
I was actually looking at Scaled Fist for a bit, but really the only time I think I'd want it would be if I was dipping into Charisma-casting, at which point I'd probably be better off playing something like Sacred Fist (which is a great Warpriest archetype until you learn it's Flurry isn't based on your level). I suppose there's also the 2 level dip into Paladin for CHA to saves or one of the Oracle mysteries that swaps DEX with CHA for AC (though that's debatable to some), but for once I thought I'd try building a Monk that didn't involve mutliclassing maybe.
>>
>>50828813

It's only NTR if she has someone else, otherwise it's filthy degradation at the hands of a middle-aged Salaryman.
>>
>>50828765
The relationship system punishes you for having low charisma, granted it's trivial to pick up the slack. But an Int character using Student of Philosophy won't be able to compete with a Charisma based character bar the Charisma character fucking RP/events super badly or some insanely good RP from the Int character.
>>
>>50828765
>Low charisma
>Thinking you can pull of NTR
>Implying even Lamashtu could be bribed into hitting your fat ass
>>
>>50826905
Why do people talk so much about unbalanced third party splats here, when the grand majority of games will never allow them?
>>
File: 8aa6897a9197d38b30c41dd93405e36d.jpg (115KB, 730x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8aa6897a9197d38b30c41dd93405e36d.jpg
115KB, 730x1080px
Is Living Grimoire a downgrade from the normal Inquisitor? You lose a lot of your nova potential and trade spontaneous WIS casting with prepared INT-casting, all for the ability to... beat someone with a book. And it doesn't even stack with Warpath Follower, so it sounds to me like it's not great. What are some instances where it's worthwhile?
>>
>>50828765
>implying Charisma is looks
>>
>>50828906
Because "the majority of games" are from Paizo regulars and/or are the PFS, which are known to already be bad. So while the majority, technically, is true, the games that anyone here would actually WANT to be in will probably allow one or two 3rd-party sources.
>>
>>50828906
Because they're more balanced than the base game and games that don't allow them are pretty much not worth playing in in the first place.
>>
>>50828906
because /pfg/ doesn't actually play, they just like to memecraft all day
>>
>>50828920

Hitting people with books is really really fun!

>>50828896
>>50828902

Okay Mr. Wise Guys, wouldn't Student of Philosophy work for this hypothetical filthy Salaryman? High Int and Con seem essential.
>>
>>50828926
>Charisma measures a character's personality, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and appearance.
Nice meem.
>>
>>50828947
What an awful general.
>>
>>50828947

Would that be Craft (Memes), or Profession (Memester?)
>>
>>50828964

It is a special kind of meme fueled hell. But it is OUR meme fueled hell.
>>
>>50828950
Fun to think about, sure, but is it actually worth trading away what seems to be a much better method of casting?
>>
>>50828959
>and appearance
>and appearance
>AND APPEARANCE

we should find some way to emphasize that or something.
>>
>>50828959
3/4ths of those are mental. Charisma isn't the end all be all of physical attraction, and probably has more to do with posturing than actual physical features.

There are Cha 8 characters in modules that are described as "Handsome".
>>50828950
Filthy Salary-men would probably be middling int, High Cha, High Con, Low Wis. They're just that persuasive/over bearing.
>>
>>50828959
>>50828996

So a Salaryman would be a Lore Oracle of Folca/Abadar with the Aged curse? I can dig it.
>>
>>50828685
Has anyone ever tried a Scaled Fist/Bloodrager build? Seems like an interesting way to flurry/rage instead of a Martial Artist Barbarian or Enlightened Warrior Aasimar.
>>
>>50829006
Actually that would be the years of experience compensating their physical degeneration and low CHA with the constantly practiced and thus maxed-for-level ranks in diplomacy/bluff/sense-motive, with skill-focus in one of those.

Your first thought is "OH SHIT FUCK I'M GONNA GAG JUST SEEING IT" but by the time he's got your entire family's livelihood by the balls, the only gagging you won't suppress is morning sickness down the line.
>>
I'm having a very hard time getting my level 3 hobgoblin cabalist to work.

I need Orator because otherwise my bluff is not that great (I only have 10 charisma). So that eats up two feats (Skill Focus (Linguistics) and Orator).

How this means because I am Dex based I have no room for the dex feats I need.

Weapon Finesse, Deadly Agility, Two Weapon Fighting, Piranha Strike (or power attack)

I only have room for 1 of these, and that's by grabbing it through Lethal Grace.

If I gave up Orator & VMC I could grab all three of these, however this means by bluff and linguistics both drop through the floor. I am already using Clever Wordplay in order to get Disguise, and don't have room for another.

I'm at an impasse. Do I just resign myself to being pretty darn shit in combat and only using debuffing spells that don't require saves (ill omen, mudball, etc.), or do I give up VMC and Orator to be a competent melee combatant?
>>
>>50829045
That really depends on the NTR going on.
>>
>>50829045
I think you've just described like half of sadpanda...
>>
>>50828964
It unironically is, a filthy cesspit for DSP dick sucking and animu/furry kitsuneshit retards that don't even like Pathfinder in the first place.
>>
>>50829057
Why do you need good bluff as a Cabalist? You should be fine just casting spells.
>>
>>50828755
I'm making fun of the stat swap guy, because banning stat swaps means even Charisma gets fucked
>>
>>50828964
That's only fitting, because Pathfinder is an awful game.
>>
>>50828970
Craft (memes), Profession (faggot)
>>
Is there a way for oracles to get familiars?
>>
>>50829087
wait how would that fuck charisma instead of prevent it from getting fucked
>>
>>50829057
Here is another thought.

I abandon the idea of going into melee, focus on my Int since that's what my VMC hexes key off of.

I exchange lethal grace for Necromantic Focus and actually cast debuff spells.

I drop my dex from 18 to 16 and bump up my int from 16 to 18. This frees up enough space to bump my wis as well and I can keep Orator.

At this level I'll be looking at around DC 16 for my spells, which isn't great, but isn't terrible.
>>
>>50829103

They'd get real familiar with people by putting that Charisma to work!
>>
>>50829080
Because the character is supposed to be an older spy sort of character. I was torn between Cabalist and Zealot for which could accomplish it better. I need bluff to fit the character.
>>
>>50829090

>Being a faggot is a Wisdom-based stat

Kek, no wonder we're always failing those rolls.
>>
>>50829103
Eldritch Heritage Arcane?
>>
>>50829076

That's entirely the point, Senpai.

We're making a character that is the physical manifestation of not just autism, but the slimiest, most faceless men with huge cocks and tiny morals available in Hentai.

The kind of guy that carries around a box cutter and Geiger counter.
>>
>>50829104
Because the what charisma has is niche shit and it does not help in combat, unless you're a charisma-based spellcaster. Any swap TO charisma is killed as well as out of charisma.
>>
File: 1470172222372.jpg (19KB, 464x342px) Image search: [Google]
1470172222372.jpg
19KB, 464x342px
>>50829120
>>50829143

I was hoping for this guy. All this talk of unused races made me want to make a Shabti that was rescued by a psychopomp
>>
>>50829184
ARE there even swaps to charisma other than "change your casting stat" which no one will actually do in favor of charisma itself?
>>
>>50828906
>Why do people talk so much about unbalanced third party splats here
because they're still better balanced than Core
>>
>>50829190
Sounds like you'd want Improved Eldritch Heritage (Arcane) and then Imporved Famliar if you want the Psychopomp.
>>
>>50829213
Planar Savant
Alchemical Intuition
Irrepressible Faith
>>
>>50829241

Good grief. That is a steep tax. I might as well just roll wizard. Thanks anon.
>>
>>50829255
Irrepressible ain't bad, but planar servant is way too specific and alchemical intuition is just plain trash.
>>
>>50828906
Because talking about the good 3p raises people's awareness of it, it lets them know what content is worth using in their games. It shows the devs who actually understand the system that they're doing well. Seriously, look at anything by Forrest or Jolly; those books don't have fucking shitty Paizo filler; those books are crafted lovingly, and while every option may not be amazing, nothing there feels like filler.

Because actually putting a spot light on content that isn't paizo's "let's shit out a book every month" parade of garbage gives us a glimmer of hope that one day we won't be seeing fucking garbage like what happened to Drakes in Legacy of Dragons or more shitty ass APs that lack any fucking direction and have for literally years now.

We talk about them because they're fun where Paizo keeps failing us in new and unique ways from errata to just literal dogshit content that exist only to fill up their monthly emissions.

Because fuck Paizo.
>>
>>50829369
>paizo's "let's shit out a book every month" parade of garbage
This actually is why I'm worried about Forrest's stuff. The patreon is nice, but it might lead to that same thing we hate about paizo.
>>
What's the biggest waste of space in Golarion and why is it the nations surrounding Lake Encarthan?

>Dude god-wizard lmao
>Dude vampires lmao
>Dude giga liches lmao
>>
>>50829501
>dude lakes lmao
>>
>>50829213
>>50829255
>>50829316
There's also N.Jolly's "charismatic caster" feat for the Vigilantes that took the casting achetypes so they're less MAD.
>>
>>50829255
>>50829512
Noble Scion (War) For initiative. Any of those various Oracle revelations that replace Dexterity.
>>
>>50829316
>reads alchemical intuition
>once per day
>replaces nothing just adds a single bonus
>once per day
>>
What are the strongest, and/or most magical Dinosaurs in Pathfinder?

For example, 3rd edition D&D had the Prismasaurus, an epic level creature that constantly fire prismatic spray at everything.
>>
>>50829501
>why is it the nations surrounding Lake Encarthan?
>Laughing Molthuni Generals.tapestry
>>
>>50829512
And Mercurial Duelist lets Charisma work for init, AC, max dex, and reflex save.
>>
>>50829553
If you're going that far, you can also get the Prehensile hair thing to make yourself completely Cha-SAD
>>
>>50829534
See >>50829512
And >>50829532
There are much better examples as why a blanket ban on Stat switching hurts more long turm then helps.
>>
>>50829553
There's the bloodforge heritage feat that lets certain races get cha to fort instead of con.
>>
>>50829569
I think the ban is on "hey, can I spend a trait/feat that doesn't exist to do this", rather than things that already exist as options in the game. I get the feeling it's meant more so that you can't just get a WIS-based Sorcerer or something.
>>
>>50829574
>>50829569
>>50829560
>>50829553

There's actually plenty of things out there to boost Cha as an important stat, it's just it All 3rd party so it's hard to Really see it all.
>>
>>50829549

I just realized that you could get an immensely powerful and wealthy city in Molthune Knights if your villages are near a good part of the lake's coast!

Trading with the local skum tribes for fishgold, taking a trip to Druma, dealing with Lastwall crusaders, it'll be great!
>>
File: 1431742775923.jpg (641KB, 1558x1902px) Image search: [Google]
1431742775923.jpg
641KB, 1558x1902px
>tfw geting back into the TES kick
>tfw still disappointed on how little info we got on the Dragon Cult/Dragon Priests
So tell me /pfg/, what types of crazy cults and religious orders exist in your games?
>>
>>50829290
It looks like you could also take Familiar Bond and then Improved Familiar, though you wouldn't gain the special ability the familiar normally grants its master, and the familiar does not gain the deliver touch spells, scry on familiar, share spells, speak with animals of its kind, or spell resistance special abilities.
>>
If your campaign uses Commonplace Firearms (firearms are martial prof, 1/4 the price for guns and ammo) are they worth using or are they still garbage?
>>
>>50829633

It sure is. Too bad there isnt a port city. Yet.
>>
Here is a question about the Molthune game.

Would almost 40 years of faithful service as a diplomat and spy against Nirmathas be enough to warrant knighthood/land ownership from Molthune?

My character began service at age 14 (customary for hobgoblins), and is now 52.
>>
>>50829625
>o that you can't just get a WIS-based Sorcerer or something.
There's already several ways to do that.
>>
>>50829625
>I get the feeling it's meant more so that you can't just get a WIS-based Sorcerer or something.
Empyreal Sorceror says hello.
>>
>>50829701

Firearms in PF are garbage. Even advanced firearms that are commonplace are still garbo. Kinda like crossbows.
>>
>>50829729
Yeah, but it costs you things and not just "change stat, nothing else".
>>
>>50829727

5 years is enough to get citizenship and they eagerly accept monstrous races.
>>
>>50829738
That's what I figured. It's a shame, it'd be nice if guns were powerful but single-shot weapons (read: pirate-era coat of flintlock pistols) but they are instead super accurate but low damage.
>>
>>50829727
I'd say so. Especially if they give it to you to keep you in the country and not defect to the enemy. I was planning on my character finding out about some plot/corruption in the noblity/military and being landed as an excuse to keep them silent, not like she'd be bothered by that. Getting land and nobility for herself is basically why she went into the military.

>>50829753
Citizenship is not the same as being landed.
Citizenship :: villa
Landed :: village
>>
>>50829701
They are, just not many people use firearms and there is practically no content for them.

Currently there's no point, you can grab something like manyshot for a bow and arrow but a double barreled gun costs you -4 to hit for the same fucking thing.
>>
>>50829727
His service breaks down thusly:
>Ages 14-17
Messanger
>Ages 17-21
Scout
>Ages 21-23
Educated in Espionage
>Ages 23-34
Spy living in Nirmathas
>Ages 34-35
Lead his own spy cell and attempted rebel group in Nirmathas
>Ages 35-45
Knighted & Became Diplomat to Nirmathas
>Ages 45-51
Ran the Molthune Embassy
>Age 51-52
Returned Home, Given Lands
>>
>>50829727
Yup. They also give land grants and full citizenship to immigrants who serve at least 5 years in the military, and they even allow and have specialist units for monstrous races
>>
>>50829796

Why is it so hard to imagine that if 5 years nets you citizenship 40 years wouldnt net you land?
>>
File: fennec_fox_by_robbobert-d8kee3k.jpg (492KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
fennec_fox_by_robbobert-d8kee3k.jpg
492KB, 1000x664px
>>50829651

Before it was cancelled, our last game saw us up against a Deep One cult. They murdered our cleric and dragged away our skald, but we managed to get our act together, rescue her, slaughter the cultists, and take down both the leader and his pet mutant troll.
>>
>>50828629
Mugga.

It's just the traits, because with a 35 point buy you can afford to not dump charisma.
>>
>>50829840
It isn't but they don't hand you citizenship AND land after 5 years like >>50829834 is saying.

40 years is great enough to get a small border village, especially if you know too much about the nations secrets to have the possibility of defecting to the enemy nation.
>>
>>50829722
>>50829633

Comfy cute beach episode confirmed?
>>
>>50829875
Heck with a 35 point buy you can afford to not dump ANYTHING.
>>
>>50829651

My cityfu has a cult surrounding the founding of the city state. They amount to little more than furfags who try to kidnap people to sacrifice in animalistic/cannibalistic ways. The city guard frequently kills them but they always manage to come back every few years.
>>
>>50829883
>It isn't but they don't hand you citizenship AND land after 5 years like >>50829834 (You) is saying.
They do if you are an immigrant, it explicitly says so in the ISWG
>>
>>50829901
>>
How many of you actually run games?
The conversation always seems to be builds, or character arguments, or waifu wars.
Those are fine and all, but damn, somebody talk about what they ran, or what they used, or a good twist they implemented, or what rarely used creatures they introduced.
>>
How is house succession dealt with in Molthune? Is it male primogeniture or is it any first born? Are daughters, possibly including first born, married off?
>>
>>50829976

But I dont want to give spoilers. You are all too clever as it is.
>>
>>50829834
My character wasn't an immigrant. He was born in Molthune.

>>50829820
Does this seem a reasonable progression? I'll admit level 3 seems like a bit low to have been Chief of Staff at an Embassy for 6 years & to have ran a terrorist cell. I'm not super sure of it.

Also being as old as my character is means I rolled his max age just in case. It turns out he is only living to 73, but luckily that means I have a good two decades in him. However with how downtime rules work and if the GM has this game be long form I actually run the risk of dying of old age.

Now, this is another plan for Kurat Maar.

He has multiple children from the following sources:
>first wife (hobgoblin) (passed away due to illness)
>second wife (human) (alive) (conceived using temporary polymorphing)
>hobgoblin servant (met while a diplomat in Nirmathas)
>hobgoblin slave (slave he has had since his days learning espionage, she kept his home in order while he was away)

He has a total of 13 children between the four women. 2 from his first wife, 3 from his second wife, 2 from the servant, and 6 from the slave.

The 3 from his second wife are human while the rest are hobgoblin.

They range in age from 31 to 2. Kurat would have encouraged service in the military for all of them, but would have supported them in a variety of endeavors as long as they were passionate in pursuit of their goals.
>>
File: 1428686491520.jpg (36KB, 511x509px) Image search: [Google]
1428686491520.jpg
36KB, 511x509px
>mfw all this complicated talky-talky about succession
>mfw I'm probably going to say my character was from a Nirmathan village and he was a clever-enough man to persuade his superiors that, in lieu of his leal service, he could be best used ruling over the border village he was born and raised in.
>>
>>50829996
>13 children
>old hobgoblin with 13 children
Is this a fetish?
>>
>>50829976
I'm running my first time as a GM
I got a copy of Midnight Mirror and am basically leaving it as is

Currently working on some magic items for a weirdo fetchling shopkeep to sell.
>>
>>50830034
And why would his Molthuni superiors believe him if he hasn't had the chance to prove his loyalty through military service?
>>
>>50829976
I run games. Or at least try to. I sometimes wish I could get more applicants, but I guess I'm too much of an autistic manchild.
>>
File: 1481478276954.jpg (33KB, 312x313px) Image search: [Google]
1481478276954.jpg
33KB, 312x313px
>>50830034
>Seperatist schmuck whose family has never governed thinks he can.
>>
File: Dismissal.png (194KB, 1056x797px) Image search: [Google]
Dismissal.png
194KB, 1056x797px
>>50826905
>Tell about your interaction with the infernal powers.
Dismissal. Loooots of Dismissal.
>>
>>50829996
Oh and for this my character has in tow the following:
>his second wife
>his hobgoblin slave
>several young children (ages 2, 7, 9, and 14)
The rest of the children are either in the military or living on their own now. One of Kurat's parents is dead (his father), his mother is elderly, but alive. His father died of a heart attack during church (he was a faithful Abadaran).

He has two brothers and a younger sister. His elder brother died in military service. His younger brother currently lives in the capital and makes a living a a jeweler. His younger sister immigrated to Magnimar a decade ago and he writes her regularly.
>>
>>50830064

Oh no, apologies if it seemed like he never put on the uniform in his life! He would have served his five years, and then some!

>>50830073

Yeah well fuck you too buddy, he's going to be living all big-like and there's nothing you can do about it!
>>
>>50830097
>thinking the military would trust a dirty seperatist like you.
>>
>>50830090
>>50829996
>His father died of a heart attack during church.
Why didn't the cleric help him?
>>
>>50829840
Mostly because "we'll allow you to pay taxes" is hella different from "we are making you a hereditary part of our ruling elite".

How is this so difficult for people here?
>>
>>50827500
So, how does one-on-one work? You run five or so games with one person each? Or just one single game with one single person?
>>
Okay, I know Molthune is the current hotness right now, but there's another province I would like to talk about.
Anyone here either like or know a bit about the Realm of the Mammoth Lords?

Because I dunno about you guys, but I would totally want to reenact Fire and Ice and get my Frazetta on.

NEKROOOON!
>>
>>50830111

I haven't lied to them for five years, why would I lie now?

I was born in Nirmathas, but my heart is of Molthune! It's rightful Molthunian land, anyway!

I'm trying to figure out why he's got such a hateboner for his own country, maybe someone he loved marched off to fight Molthune and never came back?
>>
>>50829077
>DSP dick sucking

Don't we hate on DSP a lot? Lately we've been sucking Forrest's feminine dick about warlocks :^)
>>
>>50826905
As someone coming from 5e who knows nothing about Pathfinder, are there any rules you guys use to balance the classes a little better so that martial classes/mundanes aren't pathetic cucks?

That's the main problem I hear with this edition
>>
>>50829077
>dicksucking
>implying we haven't been doing nothing but complaining and shitposting about it being "too stronk" consistently for a month now
nice try paidrone, i give you a 7/10
>>
>>50830116
So I'm the guy making the hobgoblin. The reasoning behind him becoming Knighted in the first place was for service in causing an armed uprising in Nirmathas, that however failed to bear fruit. He did however succeed in stealing away military secrets of Nirmathas. This was in the form of archived correspondences between the Steel Falcons and the Forest Marshal. This was during his year and a half running a terrorist cell there.

The ceremony of course gave a fake reason, and established an alibi. At this point Kurat was an expert on Nirmathas culture and was put is diplomat. In his decades of service as a spy and diplomat he has amassed secrets of Molthune. Once sent back to Nirmathas officially with a changed face (they had some work done on him) he continued his service to try and sow the seeds of strife to destabilize the nation and steal its secrets.

In the process Kurat has amassed secrets of Molthune as well, and thus was judged too valuable to keep abroad. He was brought back to Molthune and given a comfortable life. The goal is he will start a new spy academy and educate new espionage agents in a similar manner to he.

His lands are a gift to keep him placated and comfortable, and the academy both is an attempt to replicate his success and keep the secrets in his mind safe.
>>
>>50830210
Many people with implement the optional Stamina system wholesale into it and apply anti-feat tax rules. Some give Fighters AWT and AMT for free. Others instead prefer to replace it wholesale with Path of War.
It really depends on how high-power you want the martials, really
>>
>>50830223
I wouldn't be surprised if it's the Paidrones constantly bullying the people who make any level of optimization with classes.
>"oh you took ZS warder or OD or HEAVEN FORBID you took both. You're a fucking autist whose trying to break the game.
>"Want to use Scarlet throne or Reflected blade style EVER? Fucking game destroying autist"
>"Bushi on anything? Autist"
>"Wah STR is no good, but we'll hate on Warders or Brutal slayers still!"
>"Dipping at all with spheres or PoW? Fucking Autist breaking the game."
I'm sick and tired of this shit.
>>
>>50830270
Ideally to be on par with casters.
I like 4e's balance the best honestly. It's just a chore to do all the math and keep track of everything.

Does Pathfinder have that weird BAB shit where subsequent attacks have less of an attack bonus?
>>
>>50830289
Because if it does, that's obviously the first thing I'm getting rid of. Makes no fucking sense honestly.
>>
>>50830282

How is Scarlet Throne Style "game destroying?"
>>
>>50830326
Memes lad
>>
>>50830289
>Does Pathfinder have that weird BAB shit where subsequent attacks have less of an attack bonus?
Yes, just like it did in 3.5

Now if you want 4e style stuff, then generally you want to get Path of War and Path of War Expanded, which is a 3pp port of Tome of Battle.

Granted, the balancing for a few of the options is kinda silly at times, and a good amount is slated for nerfs when the errata comes out.
>>
File: b30.jpg (53KB, 680x971px) Image search: [Google]
b30.jpg
53KB, 680x971px
So i'm going to attempt something stupid.

I'm going to make Shantae for the Molthune Knights game.

I'm thinking Nexian noble family sends their daughter as an ambassador. As a show of good faith, Said daughter gets the title of Dame as a show of good faith, and a small villa to reside in.
>>
>>50830360
I hate it. Not joke hate it, I actually hate it.
>>
>>50830353
Ya, I'm getting rid of BAB if I ever decide to DM Pathfinder.

The math seems dreadful and it unfairly cucks fighters for no reason
>>
>>50830360

>comfy knight campaign

Sure thing anon. Have fun with your memecrafting.
>>
>>50830353
>when the errata comes out
I can't tell if you're serious or not right now.
Has DSP talked about the errata recently or something of i's it the same "soon" shit we're been hearing for a while now.
>>
>>50830194

Well, it depends how sympathetic you want your bald-faced treachery to be, really.
>>
>>50830379
>Get rid of BAB.

U wot m8
>>
>>50830360

I would unironically prefer this if she was a courtesan that killed Nirmathan officers after fucking them.

Let that sink in, I think a sultry femme fatale is more compelling than that.
>>
>>50830394
>memecrafting
Is this the new inside-joke by salty anons who don't play games, or something?
>>
>>50830379
>The math seems dreadful and it unfairly cucks fighters for no reason
Actually, as a fighter you WANT to full attack since that's how you get your damage. Plus BAB only affects the Attack Roll, not the damage roll.

Now, you should know that as is PF combat is already pretty heavily skewed towards Rocket Tag at later levels, and changing the BAB will only exacerbate that, especially since a moderately optimized Barbarian can already one-round most CR equivalent encounters already
>>
>>50830394
At least it's not as bad as that bullshit tiefling whore that got submitted.
>>
Am I the only one that finds the spell Dictum to be a little messed up for what's supposed to be a lawfully-aligned spell? It says it targets anything that's not law aligned, which means that any animal within 40 feet of you is probably going to immediately die given that you're at least 10 levels higher than most of them.
>>
>>50830408

I think he means ditching the iterative attack penalty; so a level 6 fighter will just have +6/+6 instead of +6/+1 for attacks.
>>
>>50830379
Want to explain "how" it cucks fighters?
Because out of everything that Does in Pathfinder, bab isn't one of those things.
>>
>>50830237
>>50829820
>>50829996
>>50829727
Ok, so here is basically his backstory and here are his stats:
>http://pastebin.com/7wm3C0Hn

Can someone tell me if I've done anything egregiously wrong thus far? Would this fit a comfy knight game? An old spy past his time now building a spy academy.
>>
>>50830415
Its because posts with "white-room theory crafting" in them usually get removed, so the shitposters need a new buzzphrase
>>
>>50830408

As an example:
No more +6 attack bonus for your first attack and then 0 for your second.

Both will be at your standard +6

Basically no more cucking the attack bonus on subsequent attacks
>>50830416
Ya I mean everything should be at full attack bonus
>>
>>50830409

To be fair, sultry femme fatales are usually pretty handy at compelling.
>>
>>50830415
>>50830423

I mean if you want to not follow the basic themes of the game and just make your what ever characters that is fine.
>>
>>50830423
I wish a bullshit tiefling whore would apply to Lewd Jade Regent.
>>
>>50830237
It's a lot more sensible than the slave-PR job we were hearing about here earlier.

At the very least military secrets are the kind of thing that COULD be exchanged for a fairly valuable favor.

IF timed correctly, one might be able to say "that village's lord that's on shaky ground because he's lost his sons? yeah, I want HIS position". At that point they might go "well, that clears the favor and all we're doing is replacing one barely-sapient not-a-commoner with a new one that hasn't failed us yet".
>>
>>50830452
Oh, I was agreeing with you, anon. Just because it's not as bad as I.Drive's mary sue lump of whore doesn't mean it still isn't something they should kill themselves for!
>>
>>50830438
The problem is, decreasing BAB on iteratives was one of the few things that helped keep Martials from being completely overshadowed by Casters in terms of attacking
>>
>>50830438
>+0 for your second

You get +1 for your second, because you need at least +1 for a new iterative.

>no more removing the full attack bonus
>making full attacks EVEN MORE necessary
>fucking over AC entirely
the only reason you ever want AC later on is to possibly block a few iteratives from eviscerating you. You've made rocket tag even worse. BAB is not the reason fighters get cucked.
>>
>>50830365
>>50830394

Glorious, i'll start right away.

I'm thinking druid with a heavy focus in Wildshape.

I think a foreigner adopting a new culture and joining its military is super comfy.
>>
>>50830465
>he forgot that Maxima traveled around Lake Encarthan on her knees and back
>>
What are some reasons a noble who already has a suitable heir would adopt a child? Besides simple philanthropy.
>>
>>50830465

Needs more shameless sluts desu senpai, Zeldana can only take so much.
>>
>>50830424
Now that I think about it though, if you really think about it a place with Pathfinder rules should be like something of a dreamscape for any doctor or surgeon.

All you need is an evil or neutrally aligned cleric to go into your surgery room and channel negative, and every germ in that room has to make a save or die, and given what they are I imagine that even if they make it they won't have the HP to survive regardless. Then you wheel your patient in and once the operation is complete you don't even need to stitch them up, just pour some Cure Light or Cure Mod potions on that sucker and it'll heal right up, albeit I don't think cure potions prevent scarring.

>>50830496
The wife is a bleeding heart and saw the kid on the side of the road looking pitiful? Friends of the family died leaving behind an orphan?
>>
>>50830491
Other lewd Jade Regent. >>50827500

I just have some chuckler asking for a kink list, with no idea how to respond to that, instead.
>>
>>50830481

I don't understand why everyone is playing up the slave part. It's like, a single bullet point in her backstory to explain why she went from Cheliax to Molthune; just a start point, it's not like she was still a slave and instantly went to knighthood from it.
>>
>>50830496

Bastard child
Favored servant died and left a child behind
Childhood friend
The couple are infertile
Punishment from their betters
Penance to make up for misdeeds
>>
>>50830496

Be the kid's god parents. You promised their parents to take care of their kids if something bad happened.
>>
>>50830496
Favor to a friend who fell on bad times. He's too proud to accept charity but he can't let his kids sink into poverty with him.
>>
>>50830484
...making your melee attacks more accurate means it's easier to be overshadowed by casters?

What?

Now I'm really confused
>>
>>50830407

Is it still treachery if you're rebelling against rebels?
>>
>>50830526
I think it might be because of the short timespan. The old spy guy does it with a career of loyalty supplemented in the end by effectively selling the outcome of an important battle to a noble willing to get him what he wants.

But there's plenty of time and being tested implied in that.
>>
>>50830551

Even worse, it's DOUBLE-treachery.
>>
>>50830551
That's entirely up to who wins that coup, anon.

Think of it this way. When the rebels win, they have "brought freedom and toppled a corrupt" blah blah blah, we all know how it goes. Well, those that are part of that are those being installed as the new ruling class.

When the rebellion fails, those evil terrorists are made examples of.

The fate of double-agents and so on can vary rather widely
>>
>>50830578

Should I increase her age, maybe? Have her have done three terms of loyal service from when she ran away to Molthune (probalby about 16), putting her at about 31? a good decade and a half of loyal service + diving headfirst into an ambush to try and scatter and distract them while the camp was still waking despite just being a camp follower, who by all rights would not have been out of place just retreating and letting the tiring night's watchmen handle it?
>>
>>50830513
>>50830527
>>50830535
>>50830540
Thanks fampai, this is good stuff.
>>
File: consider the following.gif (724KB, 500x209px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.gif
724KB, 500x209px
>>50830547
>Now I'm really confused
Simple, think about this.
Every class has BAB, every class has Iterative Attacks, and every class has a decreasing BAB on Iteratives.

Now, because Wizards and things have a slower BAB progression, they get Iteratives at a slower rate, and said iteratives are also at lower BAB.

If you eliminate Diminishing Returns on Iterative attacks, then suddenly the Casters, especially classes with Mid BAB like Clerics and Druids, can now attack with their iteratives relatively unpunished as well, which gives them more ability to overshadow the niches of the High BAB Martials, who lack much ion the way of closing the gap.

Makes sense?
>>
>>50830608
>>50830610

Exactly, so he has a vested interest in continuing the dominion of Molthune lest he lose his head as a traitor to the continued freedom of Nirmathas! He doesn't want to get killed by some CG asshole, he wants to live!
>>
>>50830612
That's a lot more reasonable, sounds like
>>
>>50830547
>>50830629
Monsters also have iteratives, anon-sempai. Buffing full attacks generally makes martials weaker, not stronger.
>>
>>50830674
Most monsters also use natural attacks, which kind of makes that problem moot for anything but creatures who happen to mix weapons with their natural attacks.
>>
>>50826905
>Tell about your interaction with the infernal powers.
Found one trapped and starved inside a cage. Not only did we manage to get what we wanted without having to make a poor deal, but we also contracted him to never be able to do evil acts.
>>
>>50830663

Alright, done then. I guess I just have to hope the GM doesn't mind making changes after I submitted the character.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (64KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64KB, 1440x1080px
>TFW I just want to play through Jade Regent and romance Ameiko with the character I made specifically for that purpose years ago but never got to play because I stopped being a player, and no game I've been in has allowed PoW stuff.
>>
>>50830774

APPLY FOR RISE OF THE JADE REGENT RIGHT NOW.

RIGHT NOW.

DONT LET YOUR MEMES BE DREAMS.
>>
>>50830805
See, that's the thing.

I just want to use some Golden Lion maneuvers and maybe a cool strike or two to make a Dex fighter actually viable in a normal party so I don't hate myself every time the inevitable combat happens.

I don't want to play with a ridiculous grab-bag of demonspawn half-kitsune gestalt PoW min-max fetishspawns who's reason for existing is winning combat with theorycrafting, and being fapbait.
>>
>>50830774
Your character is probably worse at it than NToRacle.
>>
>>50830848
Worse at what?
>>
>>50830774
Well-hell-hellllllooooooooo!

If you don't mind things not fading to black if they go down that way, here's a game for you: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/64765/one-on-one-jade-regent
>>
>>50830846

But I'm not fapbait! I'm not fapbait and I assure you my number-crunching is TERRIBLE! Terrible!
>>
>>50830435
Fuck off DHB, we know it's you. Fuck you and your shitty meme characters. Stop trying to ruin games.
>>
>>50830855
Romancing Ameiko.
>>
>>50826905
What changes need to be made to Kineticist to make it on par with a Warlord and PoW-archetype Fighter?
>>
>>50830880
The legendary ("unchained") kineticist seems to do the trick, as does an avant-guard.

Basically, "3pp" options.
>>
>>50830879
Mechanically? Probably. But then again I'd rather stab my own dick with a bayonet on a cattle-prod than play in a game with a DM who thought using mechanical relationship rules is a good idea.
>>
>>50830880
Rebuild it from the ground up.
>>
>>50830438
So the attacks that fallow get a penalty so AC so a benefit in the late game, makings "rocket tag" even More of a problem.
5e has "make an additional attack" but the bonuses are universally lower, mean that second attack at your highest bonus can help make a "missed" attack a hit. Or both Hits that much more meaningful.
But that doesn't work for PF because bonus are, for a lack of a better word, ridiculously high, and that's with more then just Bab stacking the odds (high str, dex, masterwork, focus, training ect.) .
>>
> Salome Moonvigil born and raised in Nex.
>fifth daughter and second youngest in a line of sixteen.
>Politically useless in Nex. Not even worth marrying off.
>Studies Druidic arts like a delinquent unlike proper Arcane sciences like a good girl.
>Family dumps her off in Molthune where they have an obscure and rarely abided by treaty/deal/willamawhatsit; where an Ambassador is sent to live there.
>last ambassador died nearly fifty or so years ago.
>She gets saddled with the duty, with as much pop and honor as a "get the hell out of here" can manage.
>Keenly aware that she's been abandoned there, she decides to make the best of it, and applies to be a squire.
>Working on that title. Not getting much progress. Gets saddled with the party as a rent to own squire.
>>
>>50830880
Have the rules for it actually make sense without needing a degree.
>>
>>50830902

Can I rent her? What are the terms and conditions?
>>
>>50830902
Molthune are too far away for an Ambassador from Nex.
Would be better character for a Mummy's Mask campaign
>>
>>50830929
>too far away
That's actually kinda the point, It IS too far away. Its basically an exile, with a gate spell and everything.

>>50830921
5 square meals a day, payment, training in knighthood, and headpats.
>>
>>50830629
I wish I had my "this is a good post" vash image on hand.
>>50830674
Honorable mentions
>>
>>50830674
>>50830962
>>50830629

Isnt pathfinder fun?
>>
>>50830957

Headpats are earned, girl. They are not freely given.

The rest can be arranged, though I'd make it three square meals. I dont want my squire getting a little big in the belly'
>>
File: 1466750408299.jpg (113KB, 662x935px) Image search: [Google]
1466750408299.jpg
113KB, 662x935px
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Tell me who you'd want in your RotJR party and why it's Ricktor Watt?
>>
>>50831016
I want a JUSTICE and HEROICS party, desu
>>
>>50830846
See, your problem is that you've bought into the memes.
Ignore Drive and Eagle, and look at other people's characters; almost all of them are actually pretty normal. Just make what you want, and you'll have a chance to make it into the party! You don't have to be weird or minmaxy or fetishy, just be yourself!

Unless you're purposefully baiting, then fuck right off!
>>
>>50831015
she's got a high energy life style anon! she needs the calories.
>>
>>50831012
Well I find it kinda fun, but that's because I love autistic character builder minigames, and I know that such things are often not fun for other people, especially since in terms of balance its still not too great of a minigame
>>
>>50831030

Word.
>>
>>50831016
Onryou! The rest of Eagle's characters can fuck right off though.
>>
>>50831065

Nobody's that high energy! She gets three square meals, and will take them with her knight who will be taught proper table manners by her.
>>
>>50831051

Not all of Drive's characters are bad; they've mostly just been overmemed. Some are pretty out there (Zeldana, whatever the dragon bitch's name was), but a few are decent (Khair, that centaur he made wasn't awful)
>>
>>50830846
So what you really mean is
>I want the GM to write my ideal fanfiction about me and my waifu without any icky player characters getting in the way
>>
File: 1482293464010.png (19KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1482293464010.png
19KB, 500x375px
>>50831016
Okay, are you DHB shilling, or somebody trying to bait the witch-hunter anon by pretending to be?
>>
File: 384.gif (135KB, 410x542px) Image search: [Google]
384.gif
135KB, 410x542px
>>50831119
You sir are wrong. She can be that high energy.
>>
Anyone have a link to ROTJR? On my phone right now.
>>
>>50831155
>AND THIS! IS TO GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND!
>>
>>50831129
No that's not what I meant at all. I've DMed the AP a few times already, I just wanted to play through it with a character I wrote, with the specific initial goal of the character being Ameiko.

Obviously, I know how character arcs work, the initial goal or idea of the character rarely lasts before being altered by story events.

Just, if I did play it, it wouldn't be with /tg/'s ERP gang of "We keep making ridiculous characters for a game that will never happen".
>>
>>50831155

Not in my house, young lady! If you want to vibrate like that, you do it on your own time somewhere else!

And I'm going to get you some better clothes, that sheer fabric might have worked in Thuvia, but it won't do here! You're my squire, not a slut!
>>
>>50831162
https://app.roll20.net/join/1770733/2aujeQ
>>
File: 1379006701588.gif (10KB, 640x918px) Image search: [Google]
1379006701588.gif
10KB, 640x918px
>>50831167
Sure.
>anon's face when RotJR starts
>>
>>50831167
What about the gang of "We keep making ridiculous characters for a game that will be happening"?
>>
>>50831217
How long have you kids been talking about it? Like a year, right?
>>
>>50831226
End of october mate.
>>
>>50831119
>>50831015

But anon! How can a belly dancer, belly dance without a belly?
>>
>>50829982
Any help on this one?
>>
>>50830880
3rd party stuff
The Legendary stuff, DSP put out the Roil Dancer which made it an initiator itself.
>>
>>50831245

The belly needs to be tight and flat, anon. Watch some belly-dancer videos to see how it's not at all flapping some belly fat on the floor.
>>
>>50831226
Barely two months, dude.
>>
>>50831119

>Implying that a squire would be allowed to dictate manners to their knight
>Impying that she wouldn't have to ape his awful manners to better follow the local customs
>>
>>50830902
I'd be totally down for having Shantae as a squire.

She a normal drood or sphere drood?
>>
>>50831318
bog standard druid

i've never gotten the chance to play one.
>>
How can I convince my GM to allow PoW? Or to at least allow it in one game/session to see how he can handle it? Unfortunately I kinda fucked up the first experience but I want to try again. I really want to use this stuff because I really don't enjoy playing casters that much and I'm just plain bored of basic Paizo martials.
>>
>>50831303

S-She's not dictating! She's just doing her own thing and he's taking her lead - teaching's a two-way street, you know! If she gets sassy about it, he'll just clout her on the ear.

And then maybe she could teach him letters, maybe some numbers too.
>>
What would be the best class for a Smuggler, a Slayer?
>>
>>50831371
Tell him that you're going to smash combat encounters anyway, and that you'd like to a chance to do it with some style.

>>50831387
Or, ya know, a Smuggler Rogue.
>>
New thread
>>50831413
>>50831413
>>50831413
>>50831413
>>
>>50831420
we're page 5 you cretin

PAGE FIVE
A
G
E

F
I
V
E
>>
>>50831400
>Tell him that you're going to smash combat encounters anyway, and that you'd like to a chance to do it with some style.

I REALLY don't think that'll help, considering I fucked up already.
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.