[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 358
Thread images: 58

File: 1461680277982.jpg (332KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
1461680277982.jpg
332KB, 600x849px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Why do you play full casters?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old thread: >>50732315
>>
>>50740535
Sup /pfg/!

Is there a means by which I can make my Psychic Armory's Panoply of Blades count as a monk weapon for Flurry of Blows?
>>
I don't play full casters because they're fucking boring.
>Get punished for themed casting over batman spell selection
>fun spells invalidate party roles altogether
>primary, really ONLY class feature hinges on the X/day meme
>>
File: 1480484886158.png (320KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1480484886158.png
320KB, 1500x1000px
>>50740535
>Why do you play full casters?
They are fun.
>>
>>50740535
Because I want to support my friends as a brave cleric
>>
File: anoffering.jpg (28KB, 366x476px) Image search: [Google]
anoffering.jpg
28KB, 366x476px
I'm running an action packed killer megadungeon campaign. Not sure if you've heard of the megadungeon...but it's called Rappan Athuk.

Anyone ever play it, or DM it? Any advice?

I'm looking for some help finding a soundtrack to use for ambience.
>>
>>50742162

There's any number of dungeon crawlers you could steal from when it comes to music.
>>
File: asecondoffering.jpg (186KB, 850x1068px) Image search: [Google]
asecondoffering.jpg
186KB, 850x1068px
>>50742184
such as?
>>
>>50741021
Just take rapid shot?
>>
>>50742249
Darkest Dungeon, Dungeons of Dredmore, Legend of Grimrock, Diablo, Torchlight, Path of Exile, and others.
>>
>>50742249

There's the Wizardry series, for starters.
>>
File: A Reaction Somewhere.png (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
A Reaction Somewhere.png
35KB, 600x600px
>let's look at the kineticist, and the stuff Jolly made for it
>surely it can't be that complicated, I'm sure I'll figure something out in no time
>I'm sure this gimmick gestalt build I have in my head will work, it's so simple that it's got to!
>mfw I have no face for finding out just how wrong I am

I thought it would be so simple to make a conductive not!Vital swordsman with an elemental theme, but oh how wrong I was.
>>
>>50742455
Why not just Mystic? Gets Mithral Current and E. Flux. With a feat you can even put Solar Wind stuff on your Mithral Current Sword beams.
>>
Carrying on from Thick-Sword girl in the last thread. I like the Shattered Mirror Discipline and figured this might be a fun way to fluff it. She's going to be for Jade Regent. Any suggestions? There are gaps to fill in!

>Daughter of a craftsman who grew up in a watermill near the hills. The power of the water & the wheel were useful for father's work.
>Enjoyed watching her father create intricate mirrors. Though they lived away from the city centre, commissions would often come from the city itself.
>His works were well renowned and highly saught after by the nobility. He was happy for the business, and poured as much dedication and love as he always did.
>He finishes the mirror and sets off to deliver it, travelling down-river on a barge.
>They're attacked by bandits in the night, Karis escapes but the mirror, and her father, aren't so lucky. The masterpiece is shattered and her father nowhere to be found.
>Karis is lost and confused, and still a child by the standards of many, but she's been given purpose.
>She continues on to the city, clutching a piece of the mirror in one hand, and the sword of a bisected bandit in the other.
>Karis suspects foul play and seeks out the noble who commissioned the strange mirror in the first place.
>Upon arrival in the city, she discovers ???
>Adventure
>>
>>50742497
The gimmick was that it was basing everything on a Mercurial Duelist's Not!Vital Strike and a Conductive weapon. All I'd ever need to make attacks would be a standard action, leaving me free to gather power at the start of the round or use a swift action to do whateverthefuck. Unfortunately, I forgot that I know nothing about kineticist outside of memes, so I don't know if my mental picture is even viable. It's also probably, even perfectly executed, utter trash compared to just going ZS||Investigator or something.

>Why not just Mystic
I hate mystic's recovery, even if it's "totally not that complicated senpai!" like everyone keeps telling me. Also Mystic is Wis based.
>>
Is Judge the only archetype with Shattered Mirror?
>>
>>50742362
>>50742373
Thank you
>>
File: cowsgomoose.png (1MB, 1280x876px) Image search: [Google]
cowsgomoose.png
1MB, 1280x876px
How do you differentiate between all the Tiefling sub-races?
Like.... what features are more common to those descended from Rakshasa or Oni?

The only one that I think would be really easy to discern their ancestry from would be the ones descended from Qlippoths. Just because they'd probably be the ugliest and have a more.... fungal/parasitic look to them than other Tiefling types.
>>
>>50742834
There's a brief description that's usually given, or at least you could go by the images in Blood of Fiends. Oni-spawn get colorful skin, big tusks, or maybe a third eye; rakshasa spawn would have tiger stripes, a monkey's tail, or other animal features.
>>
File: 1481851104505.jpg (439KB, 902x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1481851104505.jpg
439KB, 902x1500px
>>50742834

Rakshasa are easy. they typically have animalistic features, such a fur, cat eyes or tails. though stereo typically they look feline in nature.

Oni can vary in appearance too. Typically resembling demons of Japanese or Chinese myth. Though by and large they look like discount Ogre Mages
>>
>>50742608
It's.... not impossible, but you need to modify your kinetic blast into kinetic blade modes or the like else you cannot conduct (ranged/melee disparity). Having something in hand in the first place will prevent gather power, however, so you may want to instead use Gambler: a Double-or-Nothing kinetic blast is already physical, so backloading it on a non-touch shot won't alter its accuracy (and may in fact improve it with magic weapons or training bonuses).

However this is less a martial build than using the weapon to charge manifesting, as you'll then cash-out all that burn into temporary power points you then use to cast shit basically at-will (with an action-economy cost instead of per-day limits).

One of the porphyra archetypes is a kinetic blade duelist though, that would at least load them appropriately for your melee, and the roil-dancer might as well.
>>
Anyone have thunderscape pdf
>>
Can a Bard cast spells while maintaining Bardic Performance?
>>
>>50742980
As was mentioned last time, a Mercurial Duelist would start every round with nothing in-hand (muh quickdraw iaijutsu). How that interacts with gather power escapes me, since I don't know if you lose the gathered power if you put something in your hand after gathering.

The whole thing is kind of a hot mess and likely not worth the effort it's going to take to figure it all out, unfortunately. Finding out how Kineticist actually works is simultaneously fun, and headache-inducing, though.
>>
>>50743073
Yes.
>>
File: Blood of Fiends Tieflings.png (1MB, 2850x500px) Image search: [Google]
Blood of Fiends Tieflings.png
1MB, 2850x500px
>>50742834
Here are the images from Blood of Fiends, the ones >>50742873 talks about.
>>
>>50743112
>demon
I'd hit that
>>
>>50743126
The Rakshasa one is pretty sexy too, and i'm not even a furry. She just has such lovely hair, and the hint of some absolutely amazing tits.
>>
>>50743112
Qlippoth tieflings are the worst of them all, who would play something that ugly?
>>
>>50743075
You don't lose it, but you HAVE to have empty hands while using it, so it becomes a very strict gateway to what sequence you can do any actions in.
>>
>>50743126
>>50743147
Demon, devil, div, kyton, oni, and rakshasa look okay.
Asura, daemon, and demodand, no thanks.
Qlippoth has a face not even a mother could love, which is why they're the motherless.
>>
>>50743147
And great thighs too.

Unrelated, is there a trait that can give me Craft as a class skill?
>>
>>50743112
It seems like horns are really popular when it comes to evil.
>>
>>50743220
...how do you not have Craft as a class skill? I'm pretty sure all classes get it.
>>
>>50743220
Looking for Work from Second Darkness.
Snake Bleeder for Craft (Alchemy) if you're from Nagajor.
>>
>>50743112
Let's see here, I would... Asura, probably. Demon, Devil, Div definitely. Kyton... maybe, Oni definitely and rakshasa definitely.

Qlippoth-kun just needs a hug and someone to tell him it's not his fault, though, would befriend and have magical adventures with.
>>
>>50743220
>>50743254
All classes get Craft and Profession in class AFAIK.
>>
I want to impregnate a cute Pitborn!

What's the best 1pp build to accomplish this goal by level five?
>>
>>50743329
Cleric gets profession but not craft.
Barbarian gets craft but not profession.

I remember because these two have frustrated me before.
>>
>>50743365

Bard? Pitborn are Tieflings and Tieflings run the gamut of alignments.
>>
>>50743384
Cleric gets both Craft and Profession, but Barbarian doesn't get Profession, you are correct.
>>
>>50742501

I'm not really feeling it Senpai, I like the mirror idea but it just feels like she's some random hodunk peasant girl that got a shard and a sword.

She's level 3, that implies a bit of experience!
>>
>>50743447
Not THAT much experience dude.

Average Farmer is level 2.
>>
>>50740535

Usually, when I play full-casters, it's because that best fits the type of character I want to play. Same reason I play martials or skill-focused characters.

Honestly, I rarely play full-casters unless the party needs one. If I have my druthers, I'll play a Magus, Ranger, or Fighter... I've yet to play a Druid, so maybe I'll do that next time I'm a player in a game (if it fits the game), rather than a forever GM.
>>
>>50743468

Is she a farmer? Does she have NPC levels?
>>
>>50743580
Just saying, you don't need THAT much experience to be level 3
>>
>>50743580
Are you a pedantic cunt? Do you have any actual criticism?
>>
What skills aren't class skills for a phantom thief? Would Investigator/Phantom Thief be the most skill monkey? A 1 level dip into mind chemist/oracle maybe?

Whats the most skill monkey investigator?
>>
Anyone excited for Starfinder?
>>
>>50743447
Level 2 is the bog standard for humans. Level 1 means you're a ditch digger/beggar/town joke.

Level 3 is indicative of an initiate at a temple, a guard, miner, thugs, etc. that's for NPC classes.

Some examples of a level 3 PC is:
>burglar
>cultist
>local celebrity

So honestly not that much of a big deal.
>>
File: f35222x_04.jpg (39KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
f35222x_04.jpg
39KB, 640x425px
>>50743638

Quite a bit, actually.
>>
>>50743600

I do, but I'm in no position to give it.

I seriously didn't want to come across as that hostile, but the player's got a solid concept that just needs to be -

You know what, fuck it. If I just said how it needs work I'll be the asshole.
>>
>>50743447
Yeah, after looking at PoW I've decided she'll be in the Stained Glass Champion tradition, which makes things more interesting I think. She'll have returned home after finding no leads in the city, only to find the place being lived in by naughty bandits. She dispatches them with a peculiar flourish and eventually the Stained Glass bros hear about it and pick her up.

The punishment for violating the Stained Glass Oath is only a little bit of mindbreak anyway so it's basically free stuff.
>>
>>50742162
Yes. Make sure your players make at least five characters, and especially make sure they don't get attached to them.
>>
>>50743676
>Ditch digger, beggar, town joke

Or like, an apprentice or something.
>>
File: mirrortits.jpg (1MB, 844x1196px) Image search: [Google]
mirrortits.jpg
1MB, 844x1196px
>>50743697
Just give it to me anon.

FWIW the character looks like this. No race decided yet.
>>
What's an Omnimental Familiar, /PFG/? It says I can get one as an Incanter, but there are no stats listed for it (its AC, the little bonus it gives, etc.)
>>
>>50743676
Anon, a level 1 monk, a monk for fucks sake, has good odds of killing a man with a single punch. Not even pro boxers or combat veterans can do it that easily. Knock you on your ass sure, but not drop you into negatives to where you need medical attention right fucking now to survive from a single punch.

First level is plenty competent, especially compared to 99% of the world being level 1 Commoners. It's just that you need to get really heroic to start fighting the big, legendary stuff.
>>
>>50743994
Omnimentals are from the Destruction Handbook.
>>
>>50744014
No they do not

1d6+4, is putting the average guy into negatives. But not insta dead.
>>
>>50744014
99% of the world is level 2 minimum. Being level 1 in adulthood is uncommon.
>>
>>50744014
>A weak, incompetent person can possibly KO another weak, incompetent person with a single punch if he rolls well
>at that same level, a fighter with decent strength using a scimitar has a 15% chance to just kill nearly anything of similar strength

Level 1 is not a good representation of anything, anon. Even level 2 is kind of stretching it.
>>
>>50744071
Not according to Paizo, WotC or any other "authority" in such matters. That might be true in YOUR setting, but in Golarion for instance 90% of people are level 1.
>>
Rolled 3 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

I think starting at LVL 3 can probably be explained through adequate training and natural ability, honestly. No actual 'experience' required.
>>
>>50744113
Except Paizo has stated that level 1 is uncommon in adulthood? Have you looked at the NPC codex?
>>
>>50740179
But it's not just that. It says specifically that you can apply Improved Vital Strike when you make a melee attack as a standard action, while the feat itself specifically calls out the attack action, a certain kind of action. If there is no actual difference between those, why the hell did they call it out? It's not like it forces and restricts you to using Vital Strike only for melee, so clearly it must be expanding the usage of Vital Strike, but only for melee attacks.

Fucking Paizo writers man.
>>
>>50744014
A level 1 Commoner is likely to have 3 hp and 10 CON on average. 1d6+5 (strongest possible, level 1 w/20 STR), knocks him out to -11. Sure, 2d6+10 on a crit is a kill 90%+ of the time due to the commoner dying on the next round unless it rolls a nat 20 on its stabilize check; but then it requires a nat 20 crit and at least a 4 roll if the guy is caught flat-footed and unarmored, aka 15% upon a 5%, aka 0.75% of the time. And that is if it's intently lethal.
>>
>>50744148
<citation needed>

The whole purpose of NPC codex is to display wide variety of levels, so you can use them in any situation with minimal customization.
>>
>>50744169
Correction, knocks him out to -8, but the point still stands.
>>
>>50744037
Negatives is pretty much instadead if from lethal damage. You'd bleed out faster than your friends can call an ambulance in reality. A normal person can do nonlethal and KO you, but a monk can kill as well as a guy with a sword.

>>50744080
Again, a monk doesn't KO, they kill. And they do it just as well as a guy with a weapon. Now maybe a greatsword is a bigger deal, but it has to take some major skill to punch as hard as a mace hits.
>>
>>50742162
https://erang.bandcamp.com/album/tome-iii
Listent to this album and then listen to all of this guys other stuff. Its got that runescapy feel
>>
>>50744169
See
>>50744199
the first part in particular
>>
>>50744176
Looks at what they are called in the NPC codex.

Apprentices, beggars, and drunk fishermen are level 1.
>>
>>50744219
Sorry, alcoholic fishermen.
>>
>>50744199
>>50744215
Except that Heal check to stabilize is a 15 (1+3 (CS)+1 WIS or misc bonus) at standard action, take 10 makes it automatically in many cases under these same rules. Negatives is only instadead if you're left at 1 point away from death. First Aid doesn't require a healing kit either.
>>
Would you allow Sensei to stack with Scaled Fist? If so, would you let Insightful Strike use Charisma?

> Scaled Fist's Draconic Might
> Any of the scaled fist’s class abilities that make calculations based on her Wisdom (including bonus feats with DCs or uses per day, such as Stunning Fist, but not Wisdom-based skills or Will saving throws) are instead based on her Charisma.

> Sensei's Insightful Strike
> At 2nd level, a sensei may use his Wisdom bonus in lieu of his Strength or Dexterity on attack rolls and combat maneuver checks with unarmed strikes or monk weapons.
This ability replaces evasion and the bonus feat gained at 2nd level.
>>
>>50744263
And how many people have Heal as a class skill, put a rank in it, and have a Wis bonus? What about in RL terms? Getting beat down into negatives is plenty deadly if you don't have healing magic around. And yes, some people will manage to stabilize before dying, but that doesn't change the fact that a guy just did more damage with a fist than getting knifed would.
>>
>>50744219
>Look up beggar in the NPC codex
>Gear: dagger, disguise kit, wooden flute, 203 gp
>203GP
>This is enough money to feed yourself on decent meals for almost two years
>A beggar has that much money on him
>A fucking beggar
>His tactic is to offer a "pitiful handful of copper pieces" to avoid a fight
>203GP

NPC Codex was written by a fucking retard.
>>
>>50743397
What's a good archetype for a Bard hellbent on impregnating cute Pitborn?
>>
File: tewiwaifu.png (1MB, 680x481px) Image search: [Google]
tewiwaifu.png
1MB, 680x481px
>>50744365
Just take Unnatural Lust and close the door, you don't need anything elaborate.
>>
>>50744365
Base Bard.
Any one that keeps Mass Suggestions.
Then you can have a bitborn orgy
>>
>>50744365
Negotiator for +1/2 level on social skills and access to rogue tricks, take the ones to improve your bluff and diplo
>>
File: beggar.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
beggar.gif
3MB, 500x281px
>>50744357

I don't know, I think it could work under certain circumstances.
>>
>>50744337
Random expert npcs do. Monks may not, but they still likely got at least 14 WIS, which is a +2 on its own, and Heal isn't Trained Only.
Worst case scenario (-8), just the monk and the wounded man, there's effective DC 18, DC 19 checks that the man can make; plus a DC 15 check that the monk makes on a 13 or more (40% chance of success).
Also, the monk is a trained-only class, which takes 2d6 years of training to get the first level of for a human. Even assuming minimum years, we're talking one guy that has spent that many days 8 hrs/day practicing how to use his fists.
And monk training for lvl 1 is likely primarily unarmed-centric. Warriors, Fighters or others aren't that centric at all.
>>
>>50744357
Just because he has that shit on him doesn't mean that he bought it.
>>
>>50742249
>such as?
Etrian Odyssey
>>
Does the idea of an incorporated company exist in Golarion or is ti all traditional business?
>>
Rolled 1, 3 + 2 = 6 (2d4 + 2)

>>50744472
He could still just sell it and get that money. Beggars should never have even seen a GP.
>>
>>50744451
So you're saying that there's a 90% chance the guy that got punched is dead. Monk ain't gonna heal him, he did the punching!

>trained only class
What are you talking about? Skills can be trained only, but not classes.

>years of training and experience to kill a man with your fists alone
So... going back on that "first level is for inept inexperienced sorts that end up as a joke"?
>>
>>50744510
Totally exists. There are some in Andoran and Arkenstar. Also House Henderthane is basically an arms manufacturer operating all over Golarion.
>>
>>50744523
Yes and poor people can just literally sell all the clothes on their back and literally everything they own for some meals.
>>
>>50744503
>tfw no etrian odyssey game.
>>
>>50744357

>beggars have 203 gp

That is a solid return on investment. I should just murderhobo beggars.
>>
File: Black Mage.png (16KB, 245x235px) Image search: [Google]
Black Mage.png
16KB, 245x235px
>>50744607
Being entirely honest, that's an incredible return on one's investment. Like seriously, you'd make 1k per 5 murders against a foe that basically can't hurt you; you'd be at a magic weapon in 10 easy kills.
>>
>>50744645

Ikr? A large city should have what, at least 100 beggars? More?
>>
>>50744532
90%? Not really. On the 16% chance that he deals max damage, 0.85(First stabilize check fails)*0.6 (Heal check fails)*0.9 (Second stabilize check)=0.459, so there's only a 45.9% chance for the man to die. If the monk doesn't heal him, the chances are 0.85*0.9=76.5%; lower damage rolls have an incresingly bigger chance for the man to live.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/alignment-description/description#TOC-Age
>You can choose or randomly generate your character's age. If you choose it, it must be AT LEAST the minimum age for the character's race and class.
>Trained
>This category includes alchemists, clerics, druids, inquisitors, magi, MONKS, and wizards.
For humans, the Trained class modifier is +2d6.

No, we are extrapolating on a man who has focused on fighting with his fists and his chances of killing a man with a single hit in a non-vital area (aka not a critical strike).

To boot, we're talking a 20 STR character, aka the very pinnacle of human strength. 16-17 is where the 'genius-equivalent strength' humans sit at.
>>
>>50744690
At least, and that's not counting how closely grouped a lot of them would be. You're either going to a rich neighborhood where they're begging or going to a ghetto where they're tightly grouped. Taking out a ton of them would take what, 10 rounds? Hell, if you're a boom mage, one fireball spell could net you like 1,500 gp.
>>
>>50744598
There is one. Not got it on me though but it's not faithful to the game mechanics
>>
>>50743852

I'll give it to you, just a little bit later tonight - I've got to do some business before pleasure.
>>
>>50744742

And it is not like anyone would miss a bunch of beggars. brb rolling up a Vigilante serial killer. Gonna call him Alms Calamity.
>>
File: 1464744729378.jpg (59KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
1464744729378.jpg
59KB, 500x628px
>>50744709
>If you choose it, it must be AT LEAST the minimum age for the character's race and class.
Disregard the constabulary! I'm a Lv1 fighter!
>>
>>50744510

Lumber Consortium and House Henderthane, and Apsis whatever.
>>
>>50744709
Anon, you don't even need the Str bonus. 1d6 vs 4 HP. The odds of the monk dropping a dirt farmer into the negatives from a single punch is about 33%. Which is still higher than a championship boxer or spec ops guy. Once again, first level is no joke.
>>
>>50744903
>Which is still higher than a championship boxer or spec ops guy.
I find this doubtful.
>>
>>50744903
No wait, 3 HP, non-PC classes round their half of that first HD down.
>>
>>50744920
My original statement was that the boxer or commando guy can knock you on your ass with one punch, but won't put you in the ER/dead like the monk can.
>>
File: dorfprincess.png (354KB, 477x750px) Image search: [Google]
dorfprincess.png
354KB, 477x750px
Alright, /pfg/, here's another present to present to you; Agna Goldbrow, Dwarf Mystic (Aurora Soul) | Brawler 3. This company princess is SUPPOSED to inherit a large mercantile/mercenary clan out of Kalsgard, but she'll have none of that. It's too small scale for her; why settle for a company when she can have a KINGDOM?

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1042279
>>
>>50744903
Yes, and drops him into the negatives at -2 at most. 10 CON, means just a 6.9% chance the farmer dies if unattended (Assuming the farmer doesn't have 12 CON, in which case the probability goes lower) if the guy rolls 6, if it's a 5 the chance is just 3.4%.
Also, boxers have died in the ring, even if the comparison isn't exact.
>>
>>50745003
Lookin good
>3.9 ft.
And lookin Good.
>>
>>50745031
And you're still going to say that the monk is a joke because he didn't outright "You are already dead" head exploding kill the guy, aren't you? Not second level yet, so he must be worthless compared to a, gasp, level 2 Commoner!
>>
>>50745118

Careful, anon. At that height, that friendly drunken punch to the shoulder might hurt.
>>
>>50745124
That wasn't the original argument. It's that level 1s aren't that strong. Leek 1 PCs are much stronger than NPCs, that wasn't really up to debate.
>>
>>50745144
16+ con says it'll sting, but I'll be fine.
And ready for more.
>>
>>50745162
Of course level 1 isn't that strong against higher level stuff, but they are also better than a joke/cripple/beggar as the original statement implied.
>>
>>50745144

And it means that flirty hip bump has a little bit more meaning.
>>
File: 1365553360619.jpg (16KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
1365553360619.jpg
16KB, 230x300px
>>50745208
>getting a flirty hip bumb by dwarven princess
>>
>>50745202
Level 1 with NPC levels are jokes/cripple/beggars.
>>
>>50745258

>Dwarven Hip Bump
>Treated as an Awesome Blow from a creature one size category larger
>>
>>50745267
How so? They're not PC powerful, but they're plenty competent at their jobs. Assuming they have a Craft or Profession with one rank and a racial bonus to something that helps that particular skill, they can Take 10 to get a consistent result of 15 which is plenty for most work if you're not an adventurer.
>>
>>50745344

15 is casual garbage work, it's hardly passing and if you made a DC 15 meal you better be serving it to yourself.
>>
>>50745344
Because that's how Paizo describes them in the NPC codex. Level 2 is when people have any job title that isn't designed to make them sound incompetent.
>>
>>50745369
No, that's enough to earn 7 GP a week (and 5 SP if your DM allows earning fractions of GP). That may not be adventurer money, but it's certainly no great failure either. If you consider untrained labor getting 1 SP per day, the single rank in Profession (Chef) is earning at least ten times that.
>>
>>50745003
The mental image I am getting from her fights are a shorter, bouncier version of Yang Xiao Long. Is this correct?
>>
How do I solve "lawful good syndrome" in my players? They keep wanting to take prisoners of everyone that they defeat, interrogate and give literally every fucking bandit a fair chance at prison or a court of law or whatever.

At this point their obscenely lawful good bullshit is starting to negatively impact their ability to deliver justice, and the locals treat them as irritations or draconian lawyers "NO, the proper punishment is IMPRISONMENT. Feed and clothe him for months!"

I'm thinking that there will be a rebellion the next time they come around bearing prisoners.
>>
Give a prisoner SLAs, psionics or psychic magic.
>>
>>50745003

She sounds like a real firecracker!
>>
>>50745428
7GP a week can feed a family no problem
>>
/pfg/, pray tell if the idea for a build I had is absolute garbage:

Variant Multiclass skald/magus/spheresinger, whereas I am taking spheresinger as soon as I can. All spells are utility and support and almost all offense comes from my archetype variation on the Inspire Rage which allows me to enhance my weapon with +1 (+2 at level 5) and further enhance it further with the arcane pool I get from the variant multiclass of magus.
>>
File: Dark Winged Knight.jpg (365KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Winged Knight.jpg
365KB, 600x800px
>>50745453
If the law says the punishment for banditry is months of imprisonment then that's the city's own fault. Just have a new law be passed where the lawful punishment for a bandit is an execution. Trying to get them locked up anyway wouldn't be lawful good, it'd just be chaotic.
>>
>>50745586

The punishment for most types of banditry in the Middle Ages is death.

Heck, the "we need to imprison them" schpeil was so bad for early Pathfinder that Kingmaker explicitly states that any bandit you meet can and should be killed.
>>
File: 1475147869712.jpg (34KB, 459x750px) Image search: [Google]
1475147869712.jpg
34KB, 459x750px
>>50745003

I don't really have anything to say here, but hey! Found another bit of art of that girl that might work (needs a bit more heft to the chest, of course. Could always take it to the Drawthreads if you need a bit of "filling out!"
>>
>>50745586
The punishment is death. 100%. For children bandits, taking out the tongue and one finger.

"But that's inhumane! We can't be good and still execute them!"
>>
>>50745888
Throw a murderer with an insanely high escape artist skill in there. Make it clear that no prison can hold him and when he escapes he will kill again.
>>
>>50745003
>>50745846
I could swear I've seen this art before.
>>
>>50745453
You are the GM. You control the government of the cities. You control the laws of the land. You literally are the king of the kingdom.

If you want a judge dread type character with authority from the king who gives summary judgement followed by hangings then that's what happens.

Once your PC's notice that everyone they capture and bring back just gets hanged anyway they'll stop capturing everyone.
>>
>>50745888
How would a tongueless person be able to live without stealing? The finger I understand.
>>
>>50745483
It's enough for an average lifestyle for a family of 3.
>>
>>50745990

Begging.
>>
Would you guys consider it "worth it" to go a few levels in Bloodrager for a Scaled Fist Monk? I mean, I know Monks and Multiclassing go together like shit on a sundae, but the idea of a CharisMonk who delivers touch spells with his fists sounds neat. I just want to know if I'm gimping myself too hard for the ability to do so.
>>
>>50746080
Why not a Blood Conduit Bloodrager?
>>
>>50745948
I swear I recognize the goddamn artstyle. But I can't remember where.
>>
>>50746080
Esoteric Magus does it better.
>>
File: 1449595818486.jpg (13KB, 416x297px) Image search: [Google]
1449595818486.jpg
13KB, 416x297px
>Warder (ZS/OD) || Bard (Negotiator)

I can't believe I still haven't found the time to sit down and pump this guy out.
>>
>>50745935
Already done. TWICE. The first one eventually got killed by a peasant mob, and the party almost fireballed it and killed 50+ innocent people to save him.

The second one is on the loose still, but they captured him twice. There's pretty much no ordinary prison that can hold him at all, and they're currently digging around for a SUPERNATURAL prison that will contain him forever without killing him.

The prison they're going to find for the purpose has an occupant. It's just god damn ridiculous, honestly.

>>50745990
The logic is; Someone who lived through harming others, now has to survive on the good nature of others. A sort of "let the community punish them" by forcing them to beg.
>>
>>50746134
If a dude working at Ups during this of the year could, what's your excuse.
>>
>>50746125
The idea definitely crossed my mind.

>>50746090
This too. I suppose the smarter thing would be to just go pure Blood Conduit if I wanted a raging spell-fist.

Really I've just been looking at Scaled Fist and trying to find ways to combine it with other stuff. Oracle mysteries that swap DEX with CHA for AC, (Anti)Paladin saves, Sorceror/Bloodrager bloodlines, etc.
>>
>>50746123
>>50745948
>>50745003

She's a Skyrim character for "the-Orator" on Deviant Art.

She's feisty and hotheaded but has no-tits but huge hips and a proper badonk.

Link: http://the-orator.deviantart.com/gallery/36336080/The-Elder-Scrolls
>>
>>50746178
This is quite a nice lot of potential character art.

Thanks broseph.
>>
>>50746136
>and the party almost fireballed it and killed 50+ innocent people to save him.
Have you pointed this out to them, and explained the hypocrisy of it?
Also, have none of these idiots even heard of Death Sentence? Hell, even the Hellknight Order of the Chain, which has a huge boner for imprisoning dudes, understand that sometimes some threats are too big to be locked in a box.

Heck, that's what you can do. Have some Hellknights of the Order of the Chain come in, say that they are guilty of abetting criminals and not enforcing the laws of the land, and take THEM to jail, and start doing the same stuff to them that they've been doing to the other criminals.
>>
>>50746136
>the party almost fireballed it and killed 50+ innocent people to save him
I /really/ want to see how they'd try and justify that one.
>>
File: 1459463312832.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1459463312832.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>50746169

I... I don't have one.
>>
>>50746223
Gone full on with the hypocrisy of it. They're miles up their own ass.

I'd been considering sending an agent of the King to punish them, but I'd rather not turn this into a "DESTROY THE KINGDOM" campaign, which is almost certainly what they would try to do.

I'm playing with leftists in college if you couldn't tell.

>>50746232
If they want to kill someone, then they're just as bad as the murderer!
>>
>>50746233
Then get to it. If I can spit out an entire family's worth of PC's with varying rulesets for all of them while studying for tests then you should be able to pump out a single character in a jiffy.
>>
>>50746233
Then get your ass in gear and Build that character.
Not enough Stoic Knight types and A OD/ZS Ward || Negotiator Bard would be cool to see.
>>
File: 1451424653038.gif (598KB, 438x750px) Image search: [Google]
1451424653038.gif
598KB, 438x750px
>>50746266

I'll do my best!

What makes this even more embarrassing is you beautiful people helped me build his backstory already, I have zero excuses here.
>>
>>50746283
>Not enough Stoic Knight types and A OD/ZS Ward || Negotiator Bard would be cool to see.

>Stoic Knight types

That's exactly what makes this a little bit awkward, I was planning to make him the Mwangi Merchant trying to do roughly the same thing the shortstack Dwarf is doing (only oriented entirely on finances) but I'm kind of re-evaluating that now you mentioned there's a real shortness of proper knightly characters.
>>
>>50746314
Was just teasing a bit, do what ever you want man. Prob not hard to ad a little stoic knightlyness to the Character.
>>
>>50746264
Then what you must do is simple.
In addition to the Hellknight thang, have the Hellknights be hired by the King, and put on a joint operation with the Order of the Wall.
Have the Hellknight in charge of the Operation be straight up Trump, and have him be the one to personally arrest, publicly judge, and execute the latest serial killer. Then have the citizens completely love him for it, and have a newpaper start up supporting his actions.

Make sure the Hellknights operate and do their thing in complete cooperation with the law, while also enforcing it strictly and dispairaging the party for not doing their jobs properly.

Once the party falls into their hypocrisy and tries to attack the Hellnights unprovoked, have the citizens come to their defense. Since your party doesn't seem to care at all about the lives of the citizenry, once they start to attack the peasents have theHellknights come to their defense, and lead an exoduc out of the territory with ~75% willingly joining them.

Fast forward a week later, have the armies of Brevoy, the Hellknights, and whoever else come in and demand the surrender and arrest of the party, who will now be under arrest for "Mass murder, sedition, failure to enforce the law, assaulting federally appointed law enforcement, abetting criminals, and treason" and have the generals go on speaches on how they are all horrible people, of the lives they've ruined, and such and such.

If they truly are that delusional, lay into them and crash the campaign with no survivors.

If at anypoint before this they realize they are wrong, abandon the plan and go back to playing the game as normal. If not and they continue to be idiots, then Make Kingmaker Great Again and drink they're tears of impotent rage, leave their asses, and find a new gaming group
>>
Well, my shift is starting. Later pfg.
>>
>>50746356

Very true, it wouldn't be hard at *all* to make the character knightly in all but name. Heck, that's what I'm planning to do already with how the Prophecies of Kalistrade rubbed off quite a bit on him and he lives his life according to virtues that are, while not explicitly knightly, can certainly be appreciated by Chivalrous characters.
>>
>>50746439
Don't forget to flush
>>
>>50746442

Isn't one of those prophecies "no sex?" Seems a little counter-intuitive for a lewd campaign.
>>
>>50746502
I think it was actually "No partaking of skin-to-skin contact in public with anyone"
Though iirc they never went in depth as to what their whole set of rules are
>>
>>50746543

Nah man, that's actually a separate tenant. I think the "no sex" tenant comes from the idea that having an "uh oh" baby with some random whore will ruin your financial future, same with regularly buying whores for a trip to Pound Town.
>>
File: Sobek Rage.jpg (193KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sobek Rage.jpg
193KB, 1920x1080px
What's a good surname or nickname for a croc of a lizardman that accidentally learned Riven Hourglass after swallowing a sacred timepiece?
>>
>>50746578

"The Hook."
>>
>>50746572
That sounds perfectly reasonable once you explain it that way.
>>
>>50746578
Reh-Neh-Rek-Ton.
>>
>>50746578
I think your art may be misnamed. Pretty sure that's Renekton from league of legends.

>What's a good surname or nickname for a croc of a lizardman that accidentally learned Riven Hourglass after swallowing a sacred timepiece?

Patience.
>>
>>50746598

Oh you'd be surprised how many of the tenants make perfect sense when you explain them.

Like, remember how Prophets don't eat meat? That's not because they're opposed to the inhuman treatment of animals, it's because meat is expensive and easily replaced by other fortuitous fruits, grains and vegetables.
>>
>>50746572

That won't be a problem considering most characters in this campaign are not going to try and fuck every party member before settling on one with the cock that feels the best inside them.

Besides, it's an old unspoken rule for campaigns that if you knock a girl up, you're taking responsibility. The tenants support having sex with your spouse, and that's just what's going to happen the first time Mwangi Merchant squirts in a girl and it sticks.
>>
>>50746733
>"eeeewwww, it's all sticky and gross... does that mean we're married now?"
>>
>>50746799

Is it wrong if I find the idea that Merchant thinks he needs to marry the first person he finishes inside awfully sweet?
>>
>>50746572
What about anal?
>>
>>50746888

That's probably supported, actually! Or maybe condemned, if the Prophets were clever enough to realize that a butt-slut will *eventually* want it inside her the "natural" way, and that means a chance at a bastard.
>>
File: 132772751629.jpg (98KB, 814x1052px) Image search: [Google]
132772751629.jpg
98KB, 814x1052px
Tell me about the most villainous character in your group.
>>
>>50746945
Angry shoanti who wants every single giant dead. That's about it. Nobody else qualifies even slightly as a villainous person.
>>
>>50746945
My witch that steals souls probably.

The pixie is probably a bigger threat to the world, but he's so goddamn vacant you could hardly call him villainous.
>>
How does the variant multiclassing work for magus? Once you get spellcombat, am I able to use magus spells (as in I can memorize them from a spellbook if I find one) but only with spellcombat or can I only use overlapping spells or do I just know them spontaneously?
>>
>>50747017
>but he can use it only with spells that are on the magus spell list, even though he can cast them using another class's spell slots.

You need to be able to cast spells, and you can only spell-combat them if they're also on the Magus list.
>>
>>50740535
Because this is Pathfinder, you can't afford to be MAD when you can be SAD, especially when it yields greater results.
>>
File: well uh technically.jpg (39KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
well uh technically.jpg
39KB, 500x281px
>>50746945

My character has caught a good guy, like a real superhero.

My character has tried a disguise.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being a real villain and 10 being a real superhero, where would my character lie?
>>
>>50747079
In that case is there a spell list that allows cross referencing between classes to see what spells overlap without having to just open two tabs and go through them like a lawyer goes through your sex offender records?
>>
>>50747188
He's caught the superhero, he's tried the disguise, what more does he need to do?
>>
>>50747188
Two. Definitely two,
>>
>>50747202
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/tools/advanced-spell-search

Behold, the Advanced Spell Search.

Just tick Magus and whatever other class you are, and set it to And.
>>
>>50747202
For instance, by this I can tell you that Magus and Paladin share 6 spells. Read magic, magic weapon and greater magic weapon, daylight, bull's strength, and dispel magic.
>>
>>50747235
Thank you, senpai
>>
So our 3 man group suffered a great loss, nobody died though but the primary meleer got angry and retired his character and is now a non combative Bard so he's going to stay behind and debuff/buff, the secondary martial, me, is a Umonk and deals 40-ish DPR at best (spending Ki) and I don't think that's going to be enough after all the primary martial dealt more and he had me on top of that. So, how do I increase this? I already have Dragon style and Dragon Ferocity. Is Elemental Fury worth picking?

1pp only though.
>>
>>50747367
What level you at bro?
>>
>>50747367
Retire and come back as a titan mauler barbarian and use him as a weapon to really hammer the point about group balance.
>>
>>50747443
Oh, sorry, 7th
>>
So I'm making a Kurgess worshiping Ulfen for RotJR. One side of his gestalt is OD Warder, what should I use on the other side? Monk?
>>
>>50747556

Brawler's never a bad option.
>>
>>50747556
Ignore warder, acquire alchemist. For obvious reasons
>>
>>50746945
He just wanted to protect his family!
>>
>>50747613
I'm not sure what those obvious reasons are, and he's probably going to be a low int, high wis character (either human or base, coldborn, or witchwolf skinwalker) so I feel like alchemist might not be my best choice.

>>50747581
Yeah, probably a good one there.
>>
>>50747692
Hunter, then you can have an animal buddy to be a bro with you.
>>
>considering dumping Wis instead of Cha for RP purposes
What's wrong with me?
>>
I really like the basic mechanical framework of Pathfinder, but the move action really annoys me in ways I feel that 5e has fixed. Mostly that things like drawing a weapon cost a full move. In the next game I run, I want to house rule it to the movement pool way of doing things, and just make it so most current move actions cost half your pool rounding down to the nearest 5ft increment (drawing a weapon, getting up from prone, etc)

Does this work out of the box? Are there special cases I'm not considering that I should be concerned about?
>>
File: 2009.05.14.00_speak-on-command.png (377KB, 811x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2009.05.14.00_speak-on-command.png
377KB, 811x1000px
>>50747756
t. James Jacob
>>
>>50747761
>drawing a weapon costs a full move
If you have a BAB of 1 or more you can draw a weapon as part of moving, and Quick Draw changes it to a free action.

But yeah, it should work all right just doing the movement pool.
>>
>>50747776
Okay, but does the string actually do anything, or is it placebo effects all the way down?
>>
File: 1470384185571.jpg (813KB, 888x1242px) Image search: [Google]
1470384185571.jpg
813KB, 888x1242px
>>50747805
Maybe the string is the mind control device.
>>
File: 1352665184079.jpg (233KB, 515x725px) Image search: [Google]
1352665184079.jpg
233KB, 515x725px
>>50747756
Depends what kind of RP we're talking here...
>>
>>50747829
Reflecting the characters over confidence, lust for power, and overall tendency for risky behavior.
>>
>>50747826
Makes about as much sense as anything else.

Speaking of which, can you /really/ justify a Paladin/Mesmerist gestalt, or is Mesmerist just too [Evil] a class?
>>
>>50747884
Wellll... Lilin isn't a paladin anymore, but she's still LG. My explanation for it is that it's not mind control, it's that her song gets in your head, specifically by awakening thoughts of guilt. Charm Person does have some less savory implications, but all in all I'd be using it less as 'you are now under my command' and more as just another layer of her personality.
>>
>>50747800
I still think it's dumb that BaB 3~5+ characters can't draw a weapon as a swift action...

>>50747761
Doesn't splitting it like this mean that if you don't move you can take two move actions? Most actions should cost 2/3's of your move. And how do you use your standard action to move?
>>
>>50747870
That's not what the question was about but yes, this totally works.
>>
File: 06-07.jpg (1MB, 5026x3263px) Image search: [Google]
06-07.jpg
1MB, 5026x3263px
>>50747692
He might be referring to this prestige class, though it's Cayden instead of Kurgess so I don't know.

That said, Alchemists can function with a very low Int score since their spells basically don't have DCs, nor do the vast majority of their discoveries. Even Bombs only get slightly weaker with dumped Int, since they're still a ranged scaling d6 damage source. Just start with 12, which should last you long enough to pick up a +2 headband, which should last you long enough to upgrade it to a +4 at which point you're set.
>>
File: 1448378994258.png (39KB, 368x388px) Image search: [Google]
1448378994258.png
39KB, 368x388px
With the RotJR applicants coming to a close, what are the types of characters you want to see most that have not been posted yet?

What is the most lewd character concept you want?
>>
>>50747962

i like her hair.
>>
>>50747962
Is that a girl? I can't tell.
>>
File: we're all soldiers now.png (348KB, 400x573px) Image search: [Google]
we're all soldiers now.png
348KB, 400x573px
>>50747930
>isn't a paladin anymore
So what's her non-Mesmerist half? I haven't paid much attention, sorry.
>>
>>50747995

You can't? That's very clearly a girl.
>>
>>50747995
From the shape of the face and the hair? Yes, definitely a girl.

learn to identify facial features, man.
>>
>>50748000
Not a problem, I haven't talked about her much other than her bust lately. She's currently a Bushi Warlord||Vox Mesmerist, and that's where she's likely to stay.
>>
File: needless.png (374KB, 699x492px) Image search: [Google]
needless.png
374KB, 699x492px
>>50747995
>>
File: 1273530208358.jpg (75KB, 701x600px) Image search: [Google]
1273530208358.jpg
75KB, 701x600px
>>50748012
>>50748017
Look man, you never know.
>>
>>50748033

You've been infected by the meme, anon.

You need help. Guidance. Not every pretty girl with a flat chest hides a feminine penis.
>>
>>50748033
In the Anoms defense, 4chan loves traps, and It Is piazo after all
>>
File: 1457648381236.png (524KB, 928x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1457648381236.png
524KB, 928x1250px
>>50748044
Regardless of what the artist says, could this be a foxboy?
>>
>>50748071

If the artist says it's a girl, than it's a girl.
>>
>>50748071
It could be if you kill yourself.
>>
>>50748089

Anyone got the image?

You know, the "why don't you make a gun and kill yourself" one?
>>
>>50747963
>RotJR coming close
>mfw realizing that the character I want to play would probably be done better if it wasn't a PoW/SoP game
>mfw realizing that I'd probably have way more fun with that, even though I still have yet to actually play a game with PoW/SoP allowed
>mfw wondering if I'm even actually interested in gestalt anymore

This past week has really thumped my thinker

>>50748128
I got you senpai
>>
>>50748071
Who the fuck even invented foxboys, they are functionally outclassed by the much cuter catboys. Foxpeople are GIRLS ONLY.
>>
>>50748141
Wasn't there someone who offered to DM a non-3pp, non-gestalt RotJR?
>>
>>50748141
>This past week has really thumped my thinker

Well thump your thinker harder, you filthy slut! You need to make a character for this campaign and get him or her ready for an adventure full of slaying, laying and ailing!
>>
>>50748141
>This past week has really thumped my thinker
I'd happily thumper your thinker some more. Plus couple other things of yours~
>>
>>50748141
>I got you senpai

I want to get you too, Senpai~
>>
>>50748141
>tfw my RotJR concept is a Fighter/Rogue
>tfw not the PoW archetypes, just normal Fighter/Rogue
>tfw am using UC rogue and fighter archetypes
>tfw still feel like an asshat for it
>>
>>50745453
You're a shit DM.

Your players want to be LG, let them fucking be LG. Do not start a rebellion, do not create a serial killer with insane escape artist, do not change the laws of the kingdom to summary execution. DO NOT SHIT ON YOUR OWN CAMPAIGN.
Let the party be redeemers, have some of those prisoners actually turn around and use their second chance to become better people. Give them a chance to matter in the setting, have their actions improve society. Have some fun together with your players instead of antagonizing them.

Gradually change the focus of the campaing, put the party against non-humanoid enemies. Undead, outsiders, aberration. They want to be LG, let them fight the real evil of the world, the kind that does deserve death.
>>
>>50748233
As someone who has made a Fighter/Rogue before, it's surprisingly fun.
>>
>>50748240
But how will he shit on those damn leftist college kiddies then?
>>
>>50748233
I was gonna do fighter/rogue.

Then I went Fighter/Vigilante instead, because Lethal Grace and Trained Grace at the same time boyee
>>
File: FMABread02.jpg (41KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
FMABread02.jpg
41KB, 736x490px
>>50748158
I think so, but he hasn't really talked about it since. It's not that I want a no-3pp game, though, I just don't think I'm really feeling the excess that is "PoW and SoP=yes" for power level. I think that guy also said he was tentatively alright with SOME 3pp, so who knows, maybe if he follows through I really will get to play something comfy.

>>50748167
None of my gimmicks really feel like they're coming together for the actual characters I would want to play, and I'm just kind of tired of sorting through discipline lists and spheres, to patch together something that looks like it's both fun to play, thematic, AND actually hits a good base level of competence.
I already have two, I'm just not very thrilled with them.

>>50748283
I still want to play in an all-Vigilante party of some kind, with or without gestalt.
>>
Anybody know any resources for dungeon maps? Preferably like, boss rooms. I just need a good arena styled map.
>>
File: foxboy shaman.png (1MB, 1000x1359px) Image search: [Google]
foxboy shaman.png
1MB, 1000x1359px
>>50748085
>>50748089
>>50748156
What about a foxgirl (male)?
>>
>>50748251
It was an Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior Fighter.

Still not sure what rogue archetypes though.
>>
File: 1470447661725.jpg (348KB, 732x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1470447661725.jpg
348KB, 732x1000px
>>50748330
Doesn't /pfg/ always go autistic over people banning PoW and SoP for power level concerns?

Weren't there AT LEAST two guys earlier proposing/interest-checking games with a bunch of 3pp, but no PoW or SoP or full casters/full manifesters, so everyone bitched each of the GMs out?

Why does /pfg/ throw a shitfit when people ban both PoW or SoP but also ban full casters/full manifesters anyway?
>>
>>50748396
I've never seen someone say '3pp is ok, but no POW or SOP REEE'

It's generally 'no 3pp' or 'only psionics'
>>
>>50748396
Full casters I can see

Full manifesters is worth bitching about because I don't think the two are 1:1 comparable and their are some Psionic concepts that cant really be done with the other Psionic casters.
>>
>>50748369
Still completely overshadowed by catgirl (male)s.
>>
>>50748369
Fox-man is better.

On another note. What's a good 2-handed sword for a fightery-sort?
>>
>>50748414

https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50531794/#50532999

https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50572776/#50573058

Both of these guys got bitched out because "reeeeee no PoW/no SoP/no full casters/no full manifesters, even though other 3pp is allowed."

Why is /pfg/ such turboautists about having such a retard strong power level?

>>50748415
Yeah no, full manifesters still get teleportation, plane shifting, super-divinations, Wish, PSYCHIC REFORMATION, etc.
>>
So catching up on ROTJR, this I.Drive fellow's made *eight* player characters. Khair, Zeldana, Maxima, Esmera, Ferandru, Bellenka, Ayil, and now Agna. That's two full four person parties.

The question is, what's the best setup for those two parties?
>>
>>50748484
>full manifesters still get teleportation, plane shifting, super-divinations, Wish, PSYCHIC REFORMATION
Not all at the same time without spending feats for it. Most of those options are discipline locked.

And I have never been in a fucking game where Psychic Reformation has been allowed.

Reality Revision is straight up weaker than Wish and comes online later too.
>>
>>50748477
You've got the classic greatsword, the optimizing two-handing a falcata, the critfishing falchion, we're gonna need more info here.
>>
>>50748503

Honestly? Of all the characters, I'd want to see Agna and Zeldana treated as serious applicants.

Every party needs a slut they can pump their excess lust into, and every party needs a busty spunky girl.
>>
>>50748555
Kill yourself my man.
>>
>>50748560

Why don't you show me how it's done first, brother?
>>
>>50748560

Agna is a legitimately fun character though, and Zeldana has potential as the party cum dumpster.
>>
>>50748521
>Not all at the same time without spending feats for it. Most of those options are discipline locked.

Dual Disciple with Psionic Knack says hi.
>>
>>50748654
>every Psionic fullcaster ever is going to be a Dual Disciple Disciple Psion with Psionic knack.
>>
File: Iron Sky.gif (1010KB, 500x209px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Sky.gif
1010KB, 500x209px
Would there be any reason for Nazis to be on the moon in Golarion?
>>
>>50748676
>Every damage caster is a crossblooded sorcerer.
>>
File: 1474488553470.jpg (91KB, 710x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1474488553470.jpg
91KB, 710x1064px
>>50748396
>>50748414
The problem is mostly that /pfg/ is ridiculously diverse in what they want from a game, so outside of Full "PoW and/or SoP-allowed, other 3pp subject to GM discretion" and "1pp-only", nobody can agree on a middle ground.

My biggest issue, though, is if Initiating is available, I then feel like I'm forced to play an initiator if I want any weapon-using character to keep up. Initiators are pretty diverse, admittedly, but I also don't actually like most of them.
>>
>>50748703
No because they aren't a thing for 20 odd years
>>
>>50748708
No? It's by and large the most effective way to play one.
>>
>>50748528
I want something that looks knightly. The kind of weapon a hero would use.
>>
>>50748715
You really don't need initiating on a bow or gun-user though, since you've got your own niche. And even in melee, you can keep up with different abilities like the new Weapon Master's stuff or by being a gish that does their job well, like a Battle Host Occultist.
>>
File: Waiting on the Moon.jpg (184KB, 1456x1072px) Image search: [Google]
Waiting on the Moon.jpg
184KB, 1456x1072px
>>50748703
Yes.

They're waiting for a mahjong game.
>>
>>50744357
PF Orochimaru's take on NPC beggars: use for experiments, take gold, recruit street urchin equip with dagger, disguise kit and wooden flute ninja-spy-bard-assassin.
>>
>>50748703
So in Golarion's timeline it is currently 1921 on earth (almost 1922). The Nazis do not yet exist.

However in a year the Beer Hall Putsch will be happening:
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_Hall_Putsch

Then Hitler's subsequent imprisonment and writing of Mein Kampf.
>>
>>50748742
Greatsword or estoc, if you'd like a little better scaling later on.
>>
>tfw running game
>tfw banning Full Initiators/Full Casters/Full Manifesters
>tfw know /pfg/ would throw an autistic fit about it
It's funny because you put any limitations on /pfg/, even so much as suggest that not all races are allowed, and people will go into autistic seizures. In this case people would bitch about banning full initiators.
>>
>>50748809
>tfw running game
>tfw banning PC classes
>tfw know /pfg/ would throw an autistic fit about it
It's funny because you put any limitations on /pfg/, even so much as suggest that not all races are allowed, and people will go into autistic seizures. In this case people would bitch about banning PC classes.
>>
>>50748809
>Full Manifesters
I would be fine with this if this wasn't actually killing concepts given the fact that there are rolls that Full Manifesters can fufill that Tactions, Cryptics, and Vitalists can't and those roles have nothing to with Planeshifting, wishing, etc.
>>
>>50747826
is it wrong my favorite one is 2?
>>
>>50748747
It's a base level competence thing, as well as how Stances and Boosts automatically make initiators better at the "just full attack" routine. I /COULD/ make a normal barbarian that can compete with a Brutal Slayer/Bushi Stalker spamming strikes every round, but then my Barbarian's only schtick is "hit things good" while the Stalker still has plenty of utility powers to go with his ability to annihilate shit. Why should I go through all that effort when I could just pick up a Warder or something?
>>
>>50748849
>>50748838
>>50748809
Part of the problem is that systematically banning full-(whatevers) simply because of their existence is painful, and removes certain even non-problem spells from existence.

A better option would be, at least in my opinion, "okay you can play a Wizard, but you HAVE to chain yourself to a theme and HAVE to follow certain in-setting assumptions. If you don't want that, play a weaker caster like an Eldritch Scoundrel Rogue."
>>
>>50748864

Three a best.
>>
So question, in PoW do your number of stances known count towards your total number of maneuvers known?
>>
Alright /pfg/, tell me this.

If I want to make a kickass blacksmith character that makes his own magical equipment and shit, what kind of class should I play (without using 3pp shit)?

None of them outright have any abilities to help with this, but maybe I'm missing a stray archetype somewhere or something
>>
I'm running a 32pb Gestalt game w/ Spheres and PoW, but have banned Psionics, high caster equivalents, and made full initiators use the archetype initiating table. Am I doing it right?
>>
>>50748871
>HAVE to follow certain in-setting assumptions
Like what?
>>
>>50748874
No. Stances are counted separately, which is why you have a count for 'stances known' and a count for 'maneuvers known'.
>>
>>50748882
There was a dwarf cleric archetype who got bonuses to crafting
>>
>>50748882
Forgepriest Warpriest?
>>
>>50748884
>but have banned Psionics,
>but allowed Spheres
No, you have not.
>>
>>50748648
None of these characters are legitimate, they're all stupid useless cunts and the guy who made them should be banned from the hobby.
>>
>>50748913
Agna is pretty legit though.
>>
File: gtk.gif (191KB, 852x387px) Image search: [Google]
gtk.gif
191KB, 852x387px
>>50748913
>>
>>50748887
Okay, I'll admit I was a bit confused when I saw that stances were listed among the other maneuvers when you look at a given style's list, as opposed to having their own statblock. I just assumed that meant that stances were included in your total amount, but that a secondary limit was placed on how many stances you could learn as well out of those maneuvers chosen.
>>
File: 1361964480029.jpg (159KB, 500x683px) Image search: [Google]
1361964480029.jpg
159KB, 500x683px
>>50745258

"Do I look pretty from up there, Anon?"
>>
>>50748913

Agna is a legitimately good character though.

Big tits and braided pubes sure, but she's got a goal and the attitude to see it through.
>>
>>50748882
Fighter? I think one of their AWT/AAT things is "get craft magic arms and armor", plus you can make custom weapons with the weapon design rules to fit random builds you might have.
>>
>>50748890
>>50748901
Will definitely look into these, but is there any chance of a non-holycaster type as well?
>>
>>50748871
>okay you can play a Wizard, but you HAVE to chain yourself to a theme and HAVE to follow certain in-setting assumptions.

This is what tier 3 casters are.
>>
File: NHKSatou.jpg (13KB, 236x294px) Image search: [Google]
NHKSatou.jpg
13KB, 236x294px
>have small opinion on what rules I'd rather play with
>it explodes into shitposting over allowing or not allowing certain things over others

I'm too tired for this shit, maybe I should have just continued button mashing as Raven in Revelator instead of posting on 4chan.
>>
>>50748871
So what you're saying is wizards shouldn't exist and we should have battlemages, dread necros and beguilers
>>
>>50748978
>dread necros
I miss that class.
>>
>>50748884
Optimized Spheres is stronger than optimized full caster Vancian until level 9, dude.
>>
>>50748945
>>50748926
>>50748913
Are multiple applications a thing in Roll 20? I've never used it.
>>
>>50748989
Typically only in one field.
>>
>>50748926
She's a stupid fetish character.
>>50748934
Given I have better taste than most of you sick fucks I should be.
>>50748945
See point A.
>>
>>50748978
Pretty much, yeah. Those are perfectly-fine as fullcasters.
>>
>>50748976

It happens, anon. Nothing worth worrying about.
>>
>>50748991

The current Character Discussion is a joke thread for character concepts.

In January the DM is going to post the REAL character thread.

And now I'm horrified on if i should double down on Casimir or try to make Mwangi Merchant.
>>
>>50749001
And they become so good at that field that they can brute force their way through a whole bunch of shit, especially if it's Conjuration or Destruction.

Dip into hedgewitch with Spiritualism and abuse drawbacks for flexibility. Use Magical Knack to make up for the CL loss.
>>
>>50748991
Some guy has made like 8 fucking characters. He just posted a bunch of times.

Another guy has made 2.

Fuck I think like a full 1/4th of the characters posted are people posting alts.
>>
>>50748503
>>50748555
>>50748560
>>50748648
>>50748913
>>50748945
What is this nonsense, who are these characters, and why is this thread clogged up with fighting/fapping over them
>>
>>50749018
Casimir!
>>
>>50749019
>And they become so good at that field that they can brute force their way through a whole bunch of shit, especially if it's Conjuration or Destruction.
Like literally any other class in the game.
>>
>>50748964
Impossible Sorcerer gets a 3rd level power that helps with crafting items (allowing you to skip a single spell requirement)
>>
>>50749030
Attention whores galore who won't keep the fucking game in the dedicated thread on their fucking roll20 page.
>>
File: 1480230662464.jpg (155KB, 1000x1605px) Image search: [Google]
1480230662464.jpg
155KB, 1000x1605px
Would I be a bad person for banning Leadership feats and ghost syrup, but also banning everything that makes Intelligence or Wisdom take over a Charisma-based skill, no exceptions?
>>
File: Code Geass YAMEROOOOOOOO.jpg (42KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
Code Geass YAMEROOOOOOOO.jpg
42KB, 640x448px
>>50749011
To think the reason I came to this conclusion is because I thought about a Kineticist||(Mercurial Duelist) Vigilante character.

I miss that period of time when we were discussing the legendary vigilantes playtest. That was fun times.
>>
>>50749046
Low/mid-level Destruction casters end encounters better than any initiator.
>>
>>50748838
Yes, true fact, and I don't even feel bad. Unfortunately I would never trust /pfg/ goers or random internet folk to not violate the gentleman's agreement on those classes like I do my friends. Therefore I don't even give them the chance to.

This is not out of the blue, this is from people being given the opportunity and ruining it for themselves and the party in the past. Now I find banning it much easier.
>>
>>50748943
more then pretty, you look Fantastic.
>>
Anyone got a link to Paths of Righteousness or the Feysworn race options or whatever they were called from the First World book?
>>
>>50749018

Make the merchant and see which one you like better, then double-down on that one!

>>50748991

Not really; in this case, as the guy with eight characters, I'm making ones and trying to settle on which one I'm going to actually apply with, since applications haven't started yet.

>>50749030

/pfg/'s current meme game; have you been gone for a few months?

>>50748913
>>50749008

You need a hug, anon.
>>
>>50749061
I agree Student of Philosophy and Pragmatic Activator is a bunch of horse shit, if that's what you mean
>>
File: 1453257833926.gif (262KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1453257833926.gif
262KB, 500x281px
>>50749035
>>50749090

Will do! I'll do my best to make you two proud!

Be raw with me, what can I do to improve Casimir? I feel like he's not up to snuff compared to these past *exemplary* characters posted in the thread.
>>
>>50749061
What is your problem with them then.
>>
>>50749072
And about as well as any regular ass caster. Just with less obfuscation.

And wasn't it pointed out a few last threads ago that a mid level destruction caster going full throttle doesn't end at CR encounters in one round.
>>50749061
Yes. That seems asinine.
>>
>>50748864
Only if it's wrong that my favorite is 1.
>>
>>50749138
>Yes. That seems asinine.
You're right, we should let Charisma be obsoleted.
>>
>>50749090
>have you been gone for a few months?
I haven't been around since bestiary 3 was released. Been essentially homeless for a while, now that I'm stable I've been wanting to see if I can't get back into the game. Been looking for a rule-afficionado to quiz on stuff I don't understand.

Instead I find this waifu shit for some homebrew game that should be in a group skype or discord, I guess?
>>
>>50749143
>You're right, we should let Charisma be obsoleted.
It already is.
>>
>>50749089
Paths of the Righteous >>50698222
Feysworn >>50700235
>>
>>50749143
On certain characters. Yes, people will always build their characters to make their weaker stats less relevant or even totally irrelevant. That is completely normal in PF and not a big causer of problems. You're not gonna see a whole lot of sorcerers using their strength stat either.
>>
>>50749143
Charisma was obsoleted on release, you're not really helping it. It would be better to make Charisma a more attractive option, rather than stripping shit from the game.
>>
>>50749156
>>50749185
Charisma gets shit all over, there's no need to make the Intelligence swaps shit all over it even more.

Especially with Magdh's new Fey Obedience.
>>
>>50749143
>>50749197
>>50749061
I like to let Charisma=Hero Points/Luck points.
>>
>>50749197
The Int swaps for Charisma are stupid overpowered bullshit.

They deserve the cut.
>>
>>50749207
Strength gets shat all over too. You gonna "fix" that one too?
>>
>>50749215
You would be better off banning all fullcasters besides sorcerer if you wanted to make Charisma relevant, desu
>>
>>50749222
Why not?
>>
>>50749228
All the Intelligence initiators, alchemists, psions, investigators, etc. suddenly take the Intelligence swaps anyway.
>>
>>50749207
>Especially with Magdh's new Fey Obedience.
Who the fuck takes Deific obedience?

Especially just to be a face when they can just be a charisma guy already? Most people take Int swaps just because they have nothing else to do. I wouldn't spend full on FEATS on it though.
>>50749215
>The Int swaps for Charisma are stupid overpowered bullshit.
No they aren't.

I have middling to "decent diplomacy" isn't really overpowered.
>>
>>50749212
A step in the right direction.
>>
>>50749238
Oh wow, an Alchemist or Investigator decided to dump points into Diplomacy and/or UMD! WOW, HOW BROKEN.
>>
>>50749241
Social skills go through the fucking roof with Orator, and you save an asston of skill points.
>>
>>50749256
They actually do get to bust the skill system more than it already is that way.
>>
>>50749262
>Social skills go through the fucking roof with Orator, and you save an asston of skill points.
Again, why spend feats on that shit when you could have just been a Charisma guy anyway.

I can think of loads of other feats I'd rather take than Skill Focus:Linguistics and Orator when playing an Int based class.
>>
How do I switch profession from being wis to being charisma?
>>
>>50749289
The Charisma guy has way less skill points to throw around and STILL has lower social skills than the Orator (who basically gets full ranks in Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate for free, plus the +3/+6 from Skill Focus).
>>
>>50749306
Yeah, and Orator has spent two fucking feats on something relatively unimportant anyway. Especially if he was a caster and could just brain rape somebody.
>>
>>50749324
Charm Person and Suggestion still allow Will saving throws (hint: social skills pumped through the roof are more reliable), are less socially acceptable, have verbal and somatic components, have spell displays that you need feats to suppress, etc. etc.

Better to just Orator that shit up.
>>
File: PC sells used item in D&D.png (369KB, 870x1236px) Image search: [Google]
PC sells used item in D&D.png
369KB, 870x1236px
>>50749298
Why do you care about your Profession skill?
>>
File: 1455414945698.jpg (71KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1455414945698.jpg
71KB, 500x522px
Where's someplace I can download PF modules/content, and why isn't the link in the OP?
>>
>>50749306
>(who basically gets full ranks in Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate for free,
For two feats.

TWO FEATS, that's not free.
>>
>>50749354
It's a really good two feats.

If you don't want to spend that, drop a single trait on Student of Philosophy instead.
>>
>>50749353
have you tried the pastebin
>>
>>50749347
because it's important to me?

I understand it's worthless for the average campaign where knowledge and other skills are more important. I also understand that it's worse than perform for gold earning (using standard rules) but it fits better.
>>
>>50749361
>If you don't want to spend that, drop a single trait on Student of Philosophy instead.
Oh man, the horror. You spend a trait and several skill points to be just as good as some bloke who was Charisma based anyway.
>>
>>50749353

You can find that stuff in the trove, a link to which you can find in the Unified /pfg/ link repository, which IS included in the OP.
>>
>>50749377
... While getting all the benefits of Intelligence (hint: it's a hell of a lot better than Charisma).
>>
New thread
>>50749470
>>50749470
>>50749470
>>50749470
>>
File: the reason for half orcs.jpg (277KB, 1023x1600px) Image search: [Google]
the reason for half orcs.jpg
277KB, 1023x1600px
>>50749375
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/tools/traits-filter

I didn't see any traits for it.
>>
>>50749475
P A G E
A
G
E

S I X
I
X
>>
>>50749498
But if they waited longer, someone else might have made a Not Completely Shit OP!
>>
File: Mein-Kampfy-Chair.jpg (120KB, 384x595px) Image search: [Google]
Mein-Kampfy-Chair.jpg
120KB, 384x595px
>>50748780
So how long after that before he writes pic related?
>>
>>50749476
>>50749375
>>50749347
Brevoy Bandit, a regional trait that lets you use any attribute for one Profession of your choice.
Thread posts: 358
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.