[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General ! /aos/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 301
Thread images: 46

File: Tzeentch vs Beastclaw .jpg (151KB, 739x500px) Image search: [Google]
Tzeentch vs Beastclaw .jpg
151KB, 739x500px
Just as planned edition

>resources
pastebin.com/tp31cBzS

>General's Handbook pdf is up
https://mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

Link to old thread:
>>50801465
>>
- DoT is a new AoS battletome. They will also give an overview of where they are at AoS, both story and rules wise!
- This battletome moves the story along a bit.
- Where are we in the mortal realms right now? We only saw three realms so far, we know that the forces of chaos rose and drove back the forces of Order and Destruction in the Age of Myth, they overthrew the pantheon of gods. Sigmar build an army to reclaim the mortal realms one day. With the Age of Sigmar he threw down his Stormcast Eternals. Wars in Realm of Fire, Life (-> Sylvaneth), Beasts. Nurgle and Khorne's forces are driven back, they both had big footholds there, but their powers are now declining. Alarielle got reborn in her War-Aspect.
- It's now Tzeentch's time to try to claim to be the head of the chaos pantheon.
- Forces of Order have now bases in some of the realms, re-populations begin. New cities!

- Season of War campaign - some of this elements are now incorporated in the narrative of the ongoing world/story line. Basically - this book is your fault ;)
- There are already agents of tzeentch out there in the cities. Tzeentch is playing the big game with style. He is trying to get dominance over the other chaos gods - Sigmar is secondary.

- 2016 was an awesome year for gamers of AoS - both competitive and narrative games. AoS is doing great!

- Not only new human population - also new beasts population.
- DoT is not only about the Arcanites, it's an evolution of the classic battletome. Created with feedback from the community.
- The Tzeentch book covers ALL OF TZEENTCH. If you got Tzeentch, this is for you.
- It's got lots of stuff. Like tzeentch daemons, tzaangors, arcanites, tzeentch mortal army (chaos warriors, slaves to darkness). Huge amount of models. Some new ones, some old ones. Ogroid Thaumaturg is in ;)
>>
>>50824777
- There are still human kingdoms who survived the Age of Chaos. Scattered remnants of tribes that once where great kingdoms, a few may have found ways to hide from Chaos. Also people are moving back in and build new cities - tzeentch already has spread his seed though ...
- Years happened between the last book and this one! Enough time to build a city.

- Cover shows a LoC!
- 136 pages.
- Big release over several weeks. Loats of stuff.

- New Path to Glory. If you are playing narrative, for the first time they have included the PtG for that army!
- Full spectrum of building a Tzeentch Army!

- New tzeentch dice rolling mechanic for your army^^
- You can't change the dice, but choose to use one of your tzeentchy dice instead (you get nine at the start of the game).
- In order to get this, you must be playing an army of Tzeentch! (of course ^^). Any, as long as it's tzeentch (daemons, arcanites, or a mix!)

- Expand your collection, use your collection or get a new one - or a mix!
- New Command traits for different sub-factions. Three charts. Arcanites, Daemons and Mortals.
- Arcanites are sneaky. Mortals are more the "traditional" chaos army.

- New Lore of Fate - the ones for Arcanites and mortals.
- More spells! Also, the Lore of Change. It's for daemons.
- Two very different ways, you can also mix them.
- Gaunt Summoner - keyword daemon, mortal and arcanite. So he can pick from both lores! Lvl 2, also has his own spell. He's gonna be great!

- New narrative warscroll batallions (similiar to the Sylvaneth ones).

- Points are in the book.

- New models. New Tzaangor on disk - it's a Tzaangor Shaman. Lot's of spells.
- Tzaangor Skyfires. Tzaangor guys on disks with bows.
>>
File: end-times-nurgle-release-14.jpg (174KB, 394x492px) Image search: [Google]
end-times-nurgle-release-14.jpg
174KB, 394x492px
>>50824777

>777
Obviously a nurgle thread.
>>
Shiiiit, starting to add blue accents/highlights to my slaves to get ready for Tzeentch mixing boys
>>
1k Skaven List. Just starting out.

Arch Warlock

Warlock Engineer

20x Clan Rats
- Command
- 10 x Swords, 10x Spears

20x Clan Rats
- Command
- 10 x Swords, 10x Spears

3x Storm Fiends

2x Chaos Familars (left over points)

Warp Lightning Cannon.
>>
Can you mix weapons in a unit? Like a unit of 20 Warriors of Chaos but 10 Swords 10 halbers?
>>
>>50824890
Nurgle smells
t. Tzeench
>>
>>50824897
>>50824916

No you cant mix weapon in a unit
>>
>>50824916
War scroll will say if you can
>>
>>50824982
Depends on the rules wording according to today's faq
>>
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/12/22/faq-update-for-warhammer-age-of-sigmar/

Reminder that new FAQs got released
>>
>>50824982
>>50824897

Well, I guess I'll do 20 Clanrats w/ Spears and 20 w/ Swords.

Any other critiques?
>>
>>50824876
Looks like a good starter list.

I recommend a Warp Lightning Cannon next
>>
>>50825105
He already has one.
>>
>>50824916
>>50824982
It depends on the unit warscroll.

Brutes can mix weapons because it says they can mix weapons.

Saurus Warriors must be equipped the same because it says the entire unit must be equipped the same.
>>
>>50825105
So have 2 total?
>>
>>50825115
I know, I mean he should get another one

>>50825125
Yup
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 750x203px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 750x203px
Reminder that battalions don't work with keywords.
>>
>>50825057
theres to little room to do anything else with the list so try that first given it uses the model you have.
the only way to do something else at 1k is to remove the clanrat alltogether, so try to use this list foe a couple of games first.
>>
>>50825136
Already bought one SC! Skaven; should I pick up another? Gives me another Cannon and gives me 40 total Plague Monks. But not sure I need another Bell/ Furnace
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEE.png (30KB, 237x200px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEE.png
30KB, 237x200px
>tfw want new army
>barely anything released yet
>want to avoid situation that i buy army and something cooler comes out right after
life is just perpetual agony.
what do
>>
>>50825151
Was this even a problem for anyone?
if the bataillon says "MORTAL TZEENTCH" its any "MORTAL TZEENTCH" units amd if it says "CHAOS KNIGHT" its only chaos knight.

you would have to be a nice little fucker to argue something else thats what on BOLD in the keyword
>>
>>50825176
Which Allegiance do you prefer ?
>>
>>50825198
There's a guy who wanted to take a dragon archmage instead of normal archmage in the dawnspire battallion, for example, since the one on dragon also has the archmage keyword.
>>
>>50825029
>https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/12/22/faq-update-for-warhammer-age-of-sigmar/
clanrat nerfs REEEE
>>
>>50825333
You are such a fag
>>
>>50825314
>I wonder which kind a faggot could argue something so stupid /Powergame his way above the rules

Oh its an ELF PLAYER. HOW SURPRISING.
>>
>>50825314
Do people like that ever stop to consider they are cunts?
>>
so I've used a friends unit of skinks and came to like them as a screen, and ordered my own but have two tiny complaints.
One is that you can't do javelins and clubs, despite that clearly being a bits option.
The other being that javelins are just as shit in melee as blowpipes. Which seems dumb, I don't expect the skins to be a melee unit, but stabbing people with a javeline seems more effective than hitting them with the blowpipe. Also with not being able to use a club with the javelin, it makes them that the worst option for melee. 5+/5+ doesn't seem like to much to ask for.
>>
>>50825383
The original FAQ said that Battalions were based on keyword and not the name of the unit.

It was a dick move but it was legal.
>>
>>50825399
Boltspitters and Javelins are almost identical in melee but javelins are slightly better at doing damage in the shooting phase.

Either way you almost never strike in melee with Skinks because you should be retreating with them using the Wary Fighters ability, so it's a moot point.
>>
>>50825211
i thought about getting something from Chaos but i am not sure how long should i wait
>>
Can't wait to drink the tears of FEC players as their Ghoul King on fuck off bat now must pay reinforcement points with the fucking ring of immortality.
Fuck the bone zone
>>
>check the Facebook comments
>literally everyone bitching about the Ring of Immortality

Is this just Death players being salty or is this an genuine concern?
>>
>>50825478
Many death players feel they got shafted beforehand, like with summoning. Probably a 50/50 mix of salt and genuine feels.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 749x172px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 749x172px
So, no Great Gitmob in matched play until gits get their own book.
>>
>>50825478
It was a necessary change because people were ressurecting big models that could heal.

It was fine for small heroes with 5-6 wounds and no healing but it was legitimately overpowered on Terrorgheists and Warsphinxes.
>>
>>50825468
Ghouls ain't the bone zone, bro. Don't hate on the wrong people.
>>
>>50825468
There were people who didn't spam black books on every hero that could carry one and take a Mournghul for good measure?
>>
>>50825557
If anything the Bonezone still suffer because they don't have a Deathrattle Wizard to make use of summoning.
>>
>>50825478
Just Death fags being fags.
Most of their damn units already regenerate each turn for free, but they just have to find something to bitch about, as they dip paint another 40 skeletons or some shit
>>
>>50825467
well if Chaos is split in 4 Gods, skaven and beastmen (will be included in gods books)

If you wanted anything to do with the god of change, its safe to say that the upcomming book will be good for at least 5 year, and will let you field anything chaos of tzeentch but skaven.
if you are into another god, save and wait a couple more month.
>>
>>50825557
Fine. Fuck the Ghoul...zone. or whatever they call themselves. But really, just fuck death.
>>
>>50825520
Why ? what was replaced ?
>>
>>50825592
Yeah, I paint and highlight every one individually, going to convert heroes too, skelly necros and liches on the way.
>>
>>50825616
Goblin units are now called Grots, but the old battalion calls them by the old name, ergo, no use of updated warscrolls in the Gitmob.
>>
File: 747.jpg (34KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
747.jpg
34KB, 600x450px
>>50825643
Proof or GTFO
>>
>>50825667
i wont refuse a game against a grot player for something that stupid tho.
>>
>>50825610
well i don't like Nurgle
Khorne is a mixed bag, kinda overused everywhere
Dunno about Tzeench at all
Didn't Slaanesh get rekt?
>>
>>50825582
But there's no Deathrattle allegiance perks so... who cares?

If you're playing Deathrattle without Settra you're already playing the game wrong.
>>
>>50825692
I would.
Fuck grots.
>>
File: 1469926862973.png (687KB, 1024x896px) Image search: [Google]
1469926862973.png
687KB, 1024x896px
>>50825702
>well i don't like Nurgle
pathetic
>>
>>50824797
>>50824803
This is really cool. What is the sauce of this?
>>
File: 20161222_144237.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20161222_144237.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>50825690
Not him but I put effort into my skellies
>>
>>50825702
Tzeentch is about color blue, magic, plans and chicken. There's not much else to know, really.
>>
>>50825757
Oh and mutated horrible dudes too.
>>
>>50823924

And it's reeking hindquarters?
>>
>>50825784
That was the best part senpai.
Just wish Sigmar would have smacked that fucking elf cunt for being all prissy.
"No sigmar human MENZ often don't listen" wah wah wah life bitch.
>>
>>50825750
> thick paint
> Shit dry brush job
> still a lot of mold lines
Anon I shudder to think what LESS effort on your part looks like
>>
File: OldVsNew.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
OldVsNew.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>50825853
Just because he put effort into something, it doesn't mean it is good.

I mean hell, I put the same amount of effort into both of these Dryads, but the difference is I got more experienced and learnt how to do things properly.
>>
>>50825731
he's ugly and stinks
>>50825757
can i get chicken tenders if i play him?
>>
>>50825853
still better than you fielding unpainted/barely assembled waac armies.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>50825690
>>
>>50825314
Well if the battalion says "AELF, ARCHMAGE" (IDK what it actually says but hear me out) and the archangel on dragon has those keywords then it fits, I don't really see that as being cunty. It's literally what the battalion calls for, RAW and all that.

Or am I misunderstanding the scenario?
>>
>>50825927
Anon if you want me to congratulate you on using slightly LESS paint, and using the old 'dot of white, green wash' eye technique (which isn't a bad technique, admittedly) you came to the wrong place
>>
>>50825927
These dryads suck though
>>
>>50825964
> Barely assembled
Yes, i have stuff to assemble
> unpainted
I don't use unpainted or unbased models. So my army grows slowly, but doesn't look like shit.
Also how is scores of shit painted skeleton blobs NOT WAAC? Add one hero at the back for deathless minions and the bastards never die.
>>
File: PhotoPaint.png (617KB, 600x2058px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoPaint.png
617KB, 600x2058px
>>50825927
>>50826030
>>
>>50826030
> sideways picture
Senpai.....
> base coat, wash, dry brush
No highlights... Sword could have decent rust effects, but can't tell from your shit picture. Based on the rest of it though... probably not
>>
>>50824777
So, question: Im the guy from the last thread who asked about the Malignanr SC box, and I was wondering what I should do from here. Here's my current list so far:

70 Skeletons
10 Ghouls
15 Grave Guard
5 Black Knights
5 Hex Wraithes
5 Blood Knights
3 Vargheists
1 Zombie Dragon/w Vampire Knight
1 Necrosphinx
1 Skull Catapult with crew
1 Casket of Souls
1 Feral Ghoul King
2 Tomb Kings
2 Necromancers
1 Wight King
1 Vampire Lady

Im just trying to choose between the two different configurations for the Engine/Throne and the Wraiths/Knights. Any thoughts for which would be better?
>>
File: DryadBack.png (1MB, 1080x607px) Image search: [Google]
DryadBack.png
1MB, 1080x607px
>>50826105
>Anon if you want me to congratulate you on using slightly LESS paint, and using the old 'dot of white, green wash' eye technique (which isn't a bad technique, admittedly) you came to the wrong place

Can't say your approval is worth anything anyway, but I wasn't posting for it. Just trying to make the guy you decided to shit talk for no reason feel better.

Also, if you are going to rag on others models, it is only polite to post your own.

On the topic though, I am not sure if it is worth redoing the bases with texture paint instead of sand. I don't know which one would make a better looking forest floor. I do know I need to make it a bit darker, no matter what I do.
>>
File: 1460788452700.png (10KB, 454x324px) Image search: [Google]
1460788452700.png
10KB, 454x324px
>>50826152
>Pics or GTFO
>>
>>50826171
Sideways because phone is being a bitch, and there are highlights. Didn't say I was a master painter, either. I do my best on every mini though.
>>
>>50826179
For good forest floor basing, weirdly enough, try a thingy of mixed herbs. Grind them down a little bit and then glue down with PVA or superglue, seal them with gloss varnish and then paint. Gives a really nice organic look, perfect for forest floors with all the leaf litter and scrub. I'd post a picture of mine but I sold those dryads a while back.
>>
>>50826178

If you want a "complete" death army...

you lack 30+ ghouls
20 blackknight/hex wraiht
Fuckload of vargeist/Crypt Horror/Crypt Flayers
Couple wargulf
Mortis machine

But much more importantly :
Morghasts and Mortarchs
>>
>>50825435
like I said, tiny complaints.
It doesn't effect how I'm going to use them really, but it felt weird cutting off all the clubs for javelin guys. Why are they not an option? I have the parts right here, they fit fine, but I can't use them.

But really they're there to be an a very efficent screen. If I get 2 unsaved wounds out of the unit over a game I'm impressed.
>>
>>50826359
Oregano anon?
>>
File: IMG_0664.png (25KB, 930x736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0664.png
25KB, 930x736px
>>50825719
>fuck grots
>>
>>50826565
Crypt Horrors and Varghulfs are actually on my to buy list, but I'm not exactly fond of the Flesh Eater courts. They seem a little too focused on formations and battalions, and the court themselves, where Im trying to focus more on Death as a whole. Plus, Varghulfs are still Finecrap, and I've already painted shit tons of skeles.

Same with the Morghasts, but at the moment, im holding off on the Mortarchs: The whole goal of my Vampiress is that she wishes to prove herself to Nagash and become a mortarch herself.
>>
>>50827693
Nah brah Moon grots are mah boyz.
Just git mob grots. And spider grots.
>>
File: image_3.jpg (13KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
13KB, 259x194px
>>50825029
>the Ring of Immortality requires reinforcement points
>>
guise, got some cash from work lately.
Should i get ps4 or warhammer jew stuff
>>
>>50828308
how the fuck are we supposed to answer that

buy what you want
>>
>>50828355
dunno man, i'm indecisive as fuck
>>
>>50828308
>>50828384
You should buy Total War: Warhammer instead.
>>
>>50828384
well theyre totally different kinds of entertainment

do you want video games or a long hobby to work on
>>
File: skaven24.jpg (281KB, 1280x787px) Image search: [Google]
skaven24.jpg
281KB, 1280x787px
Well, call me retarded but where can I find rules about building skaven army? I have read their battletome but have find no word about their keyword rules
>>
>>50828432
they dont have any yet

only sylvaneth, beastclaw raiders, and bonesplitterz have allegiance bonuses

everyone else uses the generic stuff in the generals handbook
>>
Ok anons, I need you to clarify something. I am an old High Elf player from WHFB.
When AoS got released with the lack of points for play plus scrapping the fluff that I loved for years, I got really upset and sort of just moved on to play other games and just stopped paying attention to any AoS stuff.

Recently I have been made aware that there is again structured play in AoS and I am willing to give it a shot since, but I was wondering, have the legacy army warscrolls also been updated with points?

I feel ready to give to give AoS a shot and If I but I would rather keep the Ulthuan/Old World theme instead of the Aelve stuff, but the GW info regarding the status of Aelves/High Elves has left me confused.

Can I still field a High Elf army on structured play? Or do I need to switch to the Aelves lists like Draconis/Phoenix Councillists? Because that would make a large part of my existing army unsupported since their minis aren't on those lists.

TL;DR: Can I play and expect playing with my old WHFB High Elf army in AoS structured play?
>>
>>50828484
The General's Handbook has points values for all of the discontinued units in the 'Compedniums' section.
>>
>>50828423
but it's the most jew game i've ever seen righ after csgo
>>50828430
both, but i have cash for one ;_;
>>
>>50828508
well you keep using "jew" as a casual slur so im gonna tell you to fuck off back to /pol/ you retard
>>
>>50825520

Also this means you can't use the old empire battalion anymore right?
>>
>>50828473
Not that anon but could you, say, choose between using Skaven allegiance bonuses and Grand Alliance Chaos bonuses when they have both available? Or do the faction-specific rules override Alliance rules?
>>
>>50828542
rude
>>
>>50828564
You can pick and choose traits and artifacts for any allegiance you qualify for

So you can pick Beastclaw Raiders as your allegiance but still take Chaos allegiance bonuses
>>
>>50828199
It *is* a powerful tool, but if it costs reinforcement points it should probably heal to full.
>>
>>50828507
Ah ok, I went to recheck the warscroll since I just assumed they would have updated them, guess it was there
>>
>>50825736
The warhammer official steam on twitch
>>
>>50828473
>>only sylvaneth, beastclaw raiders, and bonesplitterz have allegiance bonuses
So if I want to make a skaven army, I should just use pitched battles tables for every clan?
>>
>>50828925
use the powerfull chaos grand alliance.
>>
Am I ever going to need 2 Plague Furnances or 2 Screaming Bells? Debating if I should magnetize them.
>>
>>50828925
You can pick one specific clan and get access to some different Battleline units, but yes you will be using the Chaos battle trait, command trait, and artifacts.
>>
>>50828960
>>50828957
Oh, ok. Gf is going to give me a Spire of Dawn box for xmas so I'm trying to brew something small and fun to play but never touched skavens before
>>
>>50828958
Probably not. Neither are that incredible that you'd want to spam them.
>>
File: ogre.png (1024KB, 654x834px) Image search: [Google]
ogre.png
1024KB, 654x834px
YES YES YES

TZEEENTCH BATTLETOME CONFIRMED TO HAVE THESE BEAUTIES. MEANING THEY'LL GET SEPARATE MODELS.
>>
File: 2016-08-13_0823.jpg (92KB, 929x617px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-13_0823.jpg
92KB, 929x617px
KHORNE DRAGON WHEN ?
ENUFF HORUS HERESY ALREADY.
>>
>>50829456
its literraly the first post of the thread
>>
>>50829456
it will be the same model sold outside the set like they do for most set.
>>
>>50829456
>MEANING THEY'LL GET SEPARATE MODELS
Why should they?
That Khorne banner dude from the starter does not have a separate box to be bought from either
>>
>>50829750
I know. That's why I posted it.

>>50829828
Because it's a good model stuck in Silver Tower?

>>50829739
Watch it shit on everything. Exalted Bloodthirster can literally be cast on to be made 2+. It'll rape everything. Only FW thing that can come close is probably Dread Saurian in killing it in one turn. Magma Dragon and shit .

Shame everything is getting bigger.
>>
what did GW mean by this
>>
>>50829907

It was a different time
>>
This may be a dumb question, but how are they going to release points cost for these new Tzeentch units?
>>
File: 1482373451218.png (80KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
1482373451218.png
80KB, 780x780px
>>50830277
its not a dumb question however its answered in the second post..
>>
>>50830302
Ah silly me, thank you.
>>
>>50828605
But anon, Beastclaw are Destruction.
>>
>>50831029
Woops, my bad. I meant to write Destruction.
>>
>>50824797

so what're the chances of them releasing a START COLLECTING box for Daemons of Tzeentch?

I wanted to get the Spire of Dawn, but have always wanted a Tzeentch army, so I may have to get a Slaves to Darkness box before DoT releases
>>
>>50825314

sounds like you're just salty, because that's 100% legal to do.
>>
My box of Orruk Brutes came without instructions, does anyone have a copy they can scan?
>>
>>50831208
it WAS, mr elffag. you cant cheat anymore.

>>50831117
You want to buy spire of dawn but because DoT is soon out you have to buy Slaves of darkness ? What do you mean.

This is a multi weeks release, so i guess we will have a new LOC and a startcollecting tzeentch full of "old' models
>>
>>50831313

Yeah, I originally wanted to split a box of SoD to get the skaven, but since they're hopefully releasing a DoT box in the future, I'd rather go the chaos route, since nurgle/khorne/slaanesh aren't really my thing
>>
>>50831348
Wait for DoT to be out and buy it or download it before buying anything, because a good alternative to the Slave to darkness box is buying a chaos knight box.
The chaos knight ox is cheaper and give you much more points, and if most of the tzeentch shit is moving 8" to 15" and flying, your foot warrior will be of little use.
>>
The gang so far (minus a few rider-less wolves). Waiting on some fine chain for chariot reins and some more gitz for Christmas for conversion fodder.
>>
Footslog dwarf fag here. (Though I'm moving away from the footslogging). What are some good old dwarf/dispossessed counters to seraphon? There's a LOT of seraphon players at my FLGS. I was thinking Slayers, Grombrindal, and Gyros?
>>
>>50831927
i can only bow to how much time you wasted to make 100 points of grot.

Well done, they look badass
>>
File: latest[1].png (1MB, 505x758px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1MB, 505x758px
>>50832291
Thanks.

I can't wait to take all of them off of the board in one battleshock test.
>>
>>50828484
You can play your army in the matched play style of AoS(with the points). There are several warscroll builder websites that will allow you to create your old glorious army. Certain things are different.

First, your core tax is refered to as battleline. In order to field an army at 1000 points, you need 2 units of battleline, 3 for 2000, and 4 for 2500. What you'll notice going through is that certain models are battleline in bold, meaning they are always battleline, while some will state battleline for [insert faction] allegiance.

These are faction restricted battleline. This means they fulfill the requirement only if you are fielding models with the Keyword from that faction.

Example: Ellyrian Reavers are battleline. They can be fielded no matter what you are playing and will always count as battleline for grand allegiance order. Phoenix Guard are Phoenix temple allegiance, meaning that they must be fielded with an army comprised of only Phoenix temple units.

Second is that the newest version of your units is available free on the AoS app. You'll find here that the Aelves have been broken into several of these aforementioned factions. Each of these factions will get a new release as we've seen. We're expecting a large number of releases for Aelves as we expand the realms of Light and Shadow in the lore.

The drakeseer does not have a warscroll, you will find him in the downloadable pdf under dragon mage.
>>
What are thoughts on elite infantry versus cheap infantry?

For the points and as a speed bump unit, marauders with shields just seem better than chaos warriors with shields. But I am kind of feeling apprehensive about painting 30-40 more models.
>>
>>50829456
>that ass
>>
>>50833011
Long story short you cant compare them because they have slightly different use.

It depends of the rest of your list and what you face the most.
>>
I Magnetize everything that has different weapon option its a longish process if you want it to be flawless, and really add up on army scale.

I recieved 2 boxes of Varanguard that i wanted to magnetise, but looking at their warscroll WHY THE F would you take something else than FELLSPEAR?
They are clearly above the 2 other choices especially considering their One-Off ability. Am i missing something ?
>>
Do I want a Khorne Daemon Prince with Axe, Sword, or double Claws?
>>
>>50833721
Go with fellspear, it IS the strongest option by far.

>>50833825
Axe and talon, because it will be charging the expensive enemy unit so you need that sweet ass -2rend
>>
>>50833721
Ensorcelled weapons have more attacks and a better to hit (if not charging)

Daemonblades have the potential for mortal wounds.
>>
>>50833915
Better to wound, not hit. Sorry.
>>
>>50832535
That's how I felt after putting months into all of my clan rats. I learned to love it though, it technically means they get to live!
>>
>that moment when the chaos god you love will not get an update for an eternity

Slaanesh may your decadence warm my soul in this time of waiting.
>>
>>50825198
The Disposessed clan throng calls for 1 dwarf lord which now is the specific unit (i will still run on shieldbearers but its a pretty shitty battalion) instead of any of the many named dwarf lords.
>>
so I'm just getting started with AoS, although I'm familiar with the warhammer universe already. I was considering getting one of the starter sets so I can play with a friend and introduce them into the hobby, but I was also considering just getting two of the START COLLECTING boxes.

Point for Point, Dollar for Dollar, which of the SC! boxes gives you the most value?
>>
>>50834588
I think the seraphon one?
>>
>>50834588
point?dollar at close to the WORST thing you can do to choose a first army.
I guarantee 100% it will stay unpainted and forgotten within a month.
Go for the SKIN of the army.
anyway... If talking about point the skeleton horde trumps all because it has powerful 460points hero in it, and the ability to make 5 Hex-wraith (its the same sprue as the knight) that cost 160 points and you have the squeletons on top
>>
>>50834929
points/dollars is close to*
>>
File: tzeentch-2.jpg (93KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tzeentch-2.jpg
93KB, 1000x1000px
So this is the Tzeentch answer to Skullcrusher...
I really hope he is Terminator sized.
>>
>>50834534
I know that feel, brother.
>>
>>50829907
Either way I want that fucking helmet.
>>
>>50829907
We need more tiddie sneks
>>
File: WP_20161223_12_03_31_Pro.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161223_12_03_31_Pro.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>50836596
>>50829907
>mfw I'm paintstripping 5 of them in this very second to be united with the 3 I already got.
I freaking love this model.
>>
How the hell do I beat beastclaw raiders with Brayherd? I have lost every game so far against them
>>
>>50836666
>>
>Want to really support AoS
>Death is the least supported Faction
>No Aleves yet
>No Slaanesh book
>Currently planned list is either spooky skeletons or zombies + vamps
>A lot of the models are old as fuck and super expensive
Everytime i look to AoS i feel like it's lacking things that would otherwise make my dump 200-300 on an army
>>
>>50836666
That's not... that's not paint stripper, is it, anon?
>>
>>50836784
>Using paint stripper for Slaanesh

> it's cum
>>
>aos
Just why.
>>
>>50836858
What's with the negativity? It's a fun game to play, maybe you should try it.
>>
>>50836669
If you're playing Narrative/casual (which you are, given Breyherd are chaos and Beastclaw are Destruction), ask your opponent nicely to even the field a bit since it's obviously not an equal or fun game for either of you.
>>
>>50837215
How is:

>which you are, given Breyherd are chaos and Beastclaw are Destruction

a good argument for them playing narrative/casual?
>>
The restriction on the alliance units are applied only during matches with points or always?
>>
>>50837215
I think you misread his post, he's asking how to defeat Beastclaw while playing Brayherd. He's not playing a mix of the two, so it could well be Pitched.

>>50837279
Only in Pitched Battles. If you're confused, read the Generals Handbook in the OP.
>>
If it says "Some models in the unit use X, and some use Y"
Does that means i could have half a unit use a shorter but stronger weapons, while the back half uses 1 with longer range but weaker?
>>
>>50837355
Yes.
>>
>>50837292
My mistake, I read that as Beastclaw WITH Breyherd.

In that case, I don't have much to offer. What were you running? What gave you issues? Were there any clear underperforming units? Have you thought of tagging in some of Chaos' nonbeastmen offerings to even the field?

It's going to be an uphill battle and you may have to play the objective and just try to delay their Stonehorns/Thundertusks with chaff. We do need more information about what happened or else we can only make sweeping generalizations.
>>
File: werewolf_by_m1ken-d4cpu2o.jpg (78KB, 900x1191px) Image search: [Google]
werewolf_by_m1ken-d4cpu2o.jpg
78KB, 900x1191px
>>50836706
>Death is the least supported Faction
because it's super boring right now. Skellingtons are bread of fantasy, vampires are butter.
Where are other good toppings
pic not related
>>
>>50837355
If it says "Some MODELS use X, and some use Y" then yes, you can mix and match within the unit, complying with any other restrictions.

If it says "Some UNITS have X, while others have Y" then your whole unit must have the same thing.
>>
>>50837398
>>50837405
excellent thanks
>>
>>50837403
If they made mad scientist werewolves (or not!moulder death: edition), they'd be my new army.
>>
>>50837443
Shit that would be awesome.

>realm of death
>heroes are Dr Frankenstein types with weird weapons
>Igors as a spellcaster/support hero
>giant werewolves, flesh golems, other hideous creations as monsters

What could be the troops though? Random peasants? Personal army of the Mad Baron?
>>
>>50837443
i guess werewolves could work, like some vampire allied faction or whatever.
I like mad scientist theme .
Or just simply shit like pic related
>>
>>50837469
>What could be the troops though
magic + lightning infused constructs. Sparks everywhere etc.
>>
>>50837479
Why not just have monstrous infantry as battleline? Although gameplay wise and thematically this might skimp to close to the Skryre/Moulder niche.
>>
>>50837489
>>50837479

Mercenary soldiers?
Similar to the private army of Count Magpyr in Carpe Jugulum, just really horrible fuckers out for coin. That would look pretty nice on the table and would play differently to other undead stuff.

Fuck, now I'm tempted to convert a small 1000pt force of this even though I have no idea how I'd represent it on the table. Probably end up using Skaven rules for it.

Oh, just thought, plenty of room for awesome war machines as well. Re-Animator cannon which fires huge blasts of electricity and can re-animate dead monsters, some sort of mobile surgery which can spawn more creatures. This would be cool.
>>
>>50837469
Failed experiments that look like 50's wolf men.
>>
>>50837519
Also giant ants
>>
>>50837515
But how is this different from a Skryre/Moulder combo?
>>
>>50837528
It's in Death and it's not like Skaven will be getting an update in the next 5 years.
>>
>>50829456
you mean like the horrors in wrath of magnus in 40k? those are still the silver tower models
>>
>>50837403
Honestly, the easiest thing to do would be to have MAD SCIENCE NECROMANCY.

Bring back the word "Necrotecht" from the Tomb Kings, use it to distinguish between the Deathmage ones. Have footsoldiers of offcuts sewn haphazardly together. Big Frankenstein-esque flesh golems as the elites. A big lightning-rod machine (IT'S ALLIIIIIIVE!) and all that biz.

Hell, you could make an absolutely horrible beast of a Monster type with this concept. Give it like thirty arms to walk on and some other grizzly stuff.
>>
File: 4r0GpFd.png (442KB, 400x559px) Image search: [Google]
4r0GpFd.png
442KB, 400x559px
>>50837489
>>50837515
>>50837519
>>50837525
>>50837566
I present to you pic related.
Courtesy of MTG
>>
>>50837566
They should bring back some of the Tomb Kings stuff like I suggested in an earlier thread.

> Necrobuilders
> Necrotext (Leader)
> Necrosphinx (Behemoth)
> Sepulchral Stalkers
> Ushabti (batteline if allegiance)

>Tomb Guardians
> Tomb King (Leader)
> Royal Warsphinx (Leader Behemoth)
> Warsphinx (Behemoth)
> Tomb Guard (Battleline if Allegiance)
> Necropolix Knights

Sounds like a plan right? And they'd re-use all the nice plastic kits, only Ushabti would need a new kit a la Kurnoth Hunters
>>
>>50837607
looks okay but we discuss things that would be more interesting than typical ol' skellingtons.
Something to give new "life" to Death (wew)
>>
>>50837639
Well I think egyptian constructs is a more interesting niche then: Skryre/Moulder but with Death and shit. The other 'faction' should just be introduced to make optimal use of the 2 dual kits (sphinx + snakes)
>>
>>50837671
Some people want humans and werewolves instead of rats. Lord knows Death needs something snazzy and new.
>>
>>50837688
Yeah, classic Gothic horror with monster movie tropes and stuff would be an awesome new faction.
>>
>>50837639
I want setra to come back. Angry as fuck with an elite free thinking undead army of mummys and constructs.
>>
>>50837671
>snakes
how about just snake race
>>
>>50837790
Snake undead with tiger would be awesome. Like the Sultai from MTG
>>
>>50837767
But that already very close to what the Vampire Counts/Undead always were. Werewolves might be nice but then rather for an existing faction than a very forced new faction that is built purely to justify werewolves.
>>
>>50837935
Yeah but mad science has never really been explored by the Death faction.

Stuff like Mad Scientists, Igors, Werewolves, Flesh Golems, crazy weird science war machines would be new stuff for death, make an interesting change of theme and, most importantly, be awesome.
>>
File: igor.jpg (463KB, 3303x1555px) Image search: [Google]
igor.jpg
463KB, 3303x1555px
I liked the idea of frankenstein-ish death faction, so I made Igor.

Thoughts?
>>
>>50838247
Make a Mad Doctor one so that he can synergise with Igor. Also I like it.
>>
>>50838247
I'd play tech werewolves + creations
>>
>>50838247
>>50838312
>>50838338
Making the Mad Doc right nwo, but what would their common keyword be?
>>
>>50838371
Fleshcrafter?
>>
>>50838338
Could get a little Bride of Re-Animator in there, with hideous stitched together constructs.

>>50838371
Uh, Mad Scientists? Needs to sound Aos-y. Hmm. Dark Physik?
>>
Does anyone actually play games with custom warscrolls or are opponents generally against that?

I was thinking it'd be hilarious to make gyrobombers into like, once per game troop transports inspired by the larties from star wars. Paratrooper dwarfs or some shit.
>>
>>50838393
>>50838402
Should I go for "Mad Fleshcrafter" instead of Doctor?
>>
File: 1445748848763.jpg (70KB, 470x691px) Image search: [Google]
1445748848763.jpg
70KB, 470x691px
>>50836666
Quads of Slaanesh. Truly the best god and best model.

The time is near my brothers. Ready yourselves for the glorious coming of our Lord!
>>
>>50838437
Trying to avoid the connotations of both Clan Moulder and also Flesh Eater Courts.

Fleisch-Artz?
>>
>>50838491
Visionary Reanimator?
Ambitious Mage-scientist?
>>
>>50838247
I'd just make him run d3 instead of adding the extra roll to see if he can. It's simpler and gets the point across that it's hard for him to run.
>>
>>50838523

Meant to reply to >>50838437
>>
>>50838523
>>50838491
>>50838437

Mad science used to be the domain of the Necrarch bloodline, maybe get some inspiration from that angle. There as some really spooky artwork in the 6th edition vampire counts army book with Spider-fusion creatures and that sort of thing.
>>
>>50838247
Rename to Twisted Manservant.

>Twisted Manservants are the simpering, often disfigured slaves of their masters. Seeking protection and knowledge in exchange for their services, they are generally abused for their loyalty and discarded when convenient.
>>
>>50838547
Hell, how about the faction is rumoured to have ties to the ancient, missing Necrarch line, and that the implications that they've cured their vampirism has put the shits up the Soulblight.
>>
>>50838553
Why not call him a Skaabcrafter Thrall. I know Skaab is from Innistrad and not copyrightable but Twisted Manservant doesn't sound quite right to me.
>>
>>50836706
yesh its like 40k enteted end times and Aos is
only a year old
>>
>>50838523
Going to combine them into: Ambitious Reanimator
>>
>>50838571
I think the Leaders should just be Vampires, just like the Ghoul Kings.
>>
>>50838547
>>50838523
>>50838553

Twisted Man-Servant is good. The linking with the necrarchs is also a great idea, I remember that piece in the old Army Book and it was pretty spooky. Can't think of a way to subtly hint at it in a name though. However, here's some flavour text.

"-Blasphemy?
Before what God?
A God repulsed by the miserable humanity he created in his own image?
I will not be shackled by the failures of your God.
The only blasphemy is to wallow in insignificance.
I have taken the refuse of your God's failures and I have triumphed!"
>>
>>50838599
Just mash the word Necrarch in it somewhere, AoS names are hardly ever very elegant.

And I disagree, twisted manservant sounds way too generic. I think to make the subfaction unique enough you need to double down on the whole laboratory enviroment.
>>
>>50838417
I'm curious about this as well
>>
>>50838624
I think proxying is more effective, most of the custom warscrolls are not really that creative or are just bloated in special rules/.
>>
>>50838622
Necrarch Elder and Twisted Assistant?
>>
File: ambitious-reanimator.jpg (574KB, 3303x1555px) Image search: [Google]
ambitious-reanimator.jpg
574KB, 3303x1555px
Made the Ambitious Reanimator.
>>
>>50838666
>Son get on that AoS level, it should be a Necrelder or some other bullshit word you can't pronounce...

>>50838677
Abilities should be BOLDED KEYWORDS. And check for proper capitalisation.
>>
>>50838624
No set rules. Depends on where you are.

My local GW has a loyalty scheme with tokens, where if you give him 10 he'll review a custom Warscroll for you and make it legal in-store.

Of course, nobody's gonna force someone else to play it even if this is the case (unless they're the spergiest sperg of them all).
>>
>>50838689
Ancient Necrarch (hero)
Learned Necrarch (hero)
Twisted Thrall (hero)
Werewolves (big monster?)
Promethean Abominations (big monster?)
Bitter Mercenaries (battleline)
Lightning Capacitor (war machine)
>>
>>50838677
Oh wow, look, another above-average self-made warscroll. I wonder where they're come from.
>>
>playing 2000 pts of Bretonnia
>against stormcast
>KNIGHTS AND GLORY
>Paladin Standard bearer charges, everything in my army gets to reroll failed charges.

What a glorious game. Tabled him by turn 4, his Prime had to come down turn two to try and salvage, and he died in the counter attack to lances. The unit is being called Bane of the Primes.

What cool shit has your army pulled off recently.
>>
>>50839115
The mental image of a long lost Brettonian regiment fighting off stormcast and winning makes my dick rock hard
>>
>>50839115
>tabled him by turn 4
But who won?
>>
Quick list I made from GW site as want to get into game for under ÂŁ100
1k list/1000/role
carnosaur with old blood/320/leader, behemoth
8 cold ones/240/battle line
12 saurus warriors/200/battle line
saurus scar vet on cold one/100/leader
3 terradon riders/140/none

Any recommendations in changing list and strats apart from buying more models so I'm not wasting points on undermanned units
>>
>>50839158
Still won the objective, was the first battle plan in the gen. Handbook.

He deepstriked onto my trebuchet in the back so I had to turn around and reclaim it in a last glorious charge
>>
>>50839201
Cut the 8 knights down to 5
Cut 12 warriors down to 10

You're basically wasting 220 points bringing under-strength units

Bring in a support unit like Skink Priest/Skink Starseer, or a Stegadon for high Rend damage that can punch through enemy armor.
>>
>>50839115
10 Ironbreakers held off a Carnosaur, Sunblood, and Scar-Veteran on Cold One for three combat phases with no losses, negating ~30 Wounds per turn. That was fun.

Grombrindal singlehandedly took out an Engine of the Gods yesterday.
>>
I got 2 SC Skaven boxes. Plan on magnetizing the Catapult/ Cannon. Should I bother magnetizing the Furnace/ Bell? I don't think I'm really missing any feasible reason to run 2 of one of them.
>>
>>50839115
>enemy LCOD charged my bone giant
>did 3 damage
>bone giant has Reanimant Wrath spell and +1 hit from Settra
>gigantic blades roll 5, 6, 6
>generate 3 extra attacks
>extra attacks all hit
>all 6 hits wound
>Rend-2
>he fails all his saves
>18 damage
>playing a scenario that tracks how much damage we deal so we keep rolling bone giants attacks
>heavy footfalls deal 5 more damage
>roll a 6 for Colossus of War so I can attack again

In total the Bone Giant did 34 damage to that poor Lord Celestant in that one round of attacking.

It was glorious.
>>
>>50839354
Assemble one of them, strip the other for parts. With some small conversion work you can make a nice Grey Seer and Plague Priest on foot.
>>
File: 2spooky4lee.jpg (23KB, 362x372px) Image search: [Google]
2spooky4lee.jpg
23KB, 362x372px
Thoughts on my spooky skeleton list that i'll be starting after New Years?

>Leader
Arkhan - 340
Wight King - 120
Wraith - 60
Wraith - 60
Wraith - 60

>Battleline
20x Skeletons - 160
20x Skeletons - 160
20x Skeletons - 160

>Other
2x Archai - 240
2x Archai - 240
5x Hexwraiths - 160
6x Spirit Hosts - 240
--2000 points

>tfw can't theme anything cool in Death with 1 keyword
>>
>>50839511
Can someone explain the Keyword thing to me please?
>>
File: welcome to the bone zone.png (25KB, 639x390px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to the bone zone.png
25KB, 639x390px
>>50839511
Let me tell you about the Bone Zone
>>
>>50839424
cant wait for the much deserved TK and BRETONNIA nerfs
>>
>>50839539
Key unit has a keyword with the various factions and roles
So iirc a Bloodletter with have - KHORNE, DAEMON, BATTELINE etc

Units/Spells can affect those units with a matching keyword - which promotes synergy across the range of models.
If you have a Battletome AND a whole army with a matching keyword then usually you get special rules/relics aka Alliegence bonus

>>50839541
Damn that's pretty fucking spooky
>>
>>50839603
So how does keywords work in terms of making a theme army like that anon said?
>>
File: disgust.jpg (91KB, 570x320px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
91KB, 570x320px
>>50839630
I think he's hoping that evetually there will be a dedicated Skeleton/Lich army like there is for the Flesh Eater Courts

I mean it's fun to fluff uniqueness, but Death is really lacking atm gameplay wise
>Orruks get 2 books before even 1 Vampire or Skeletons
>>
>>50839539
>>50839630

Keywords are found on the bottom of a warscroll. For example Saurus Warriors have these keywords.

Abilities will effect certain models with keywords. For example, a Saurus Sunblood has an ability that allows all units with the SAURUS keyword to reroll hits.

If your entire army has the same keyword you can claim that as your Allegiance. For example, if every unit has the SERAPHON keyword then you can say your army has the Seraphon Allegiance.

There are sometimes bonuses for claimining a specific allegiance. For example if you claim Seraphon as your allegiance you can pick some different units to be your battleline.

Each Grand Alliance (Chaos, Order, Death, Destruction) has bonuses that you can choose.

Most allegiances do not have specific bonuses. Currently only Sylvaneth, Beastclaw Raiders, and Bonesplitterz have specific bonuses. Everyone else uses the Grand Alliance Allegiance instead.

>>50839603
Battleline is not a keyword
>>
>>50839539
Keywords basically affect your synergy for different abilities, but they're also important for Pitched Battles (points and quasi-CAD).

So, the easiest one is the allegiance. This is simple enough - anything Chaos has CHAOS, anything Destruction has DESTRUCTION etc. This is the Grand Alliance and if ALL of the units in your army have it, you can pick command abilities and get an allegiance ability etc for the corresponding alliance.

Beyond that, there's a ton that work for special rules and stuff too (ie - if this unit is 8" away from a unit with the WHATEVER keyword, you may reroll charge rolls for that unit).

Your faction one is the other one that'll affect you majorly. This ties into Pitched Battles and what units you need to take as Battleline. Say you're playing Destruction - you can take an even spread, but you'll need to take your Battleline troop tax (Orc Boyz or Grots or whatever). Now let's say instead that you're playing Gitmob Grots specifically, and that all of your units have the GITMOB special rule. Make your allegiance GITMOB, and suddenly Grot Wolf Riders are Battleline and can be used to satisfy the minimum requirement.

If you want to check which units can get unlocked like this as Battleline choice, check the back of the General's Handbook.
>>
File: saurus warrior keywords.png (82KB, 753x68px) Image search: [Google]
saurus warrior keywords.png
82KB, 753x68px
>>50839702
Forgot this image
>>
>>50839715
Oh, and some updated or new factions have their own Allegiance abilities and stuff too. Having all STORMCAST would unlock the Stormcast one, BONESPLITTERZ for those, and so on and so forth. These are found in their Battletomes.
>>
>>50839539
Download the generals handbook in the OP.

>>50839511
Hey guys just a heads up.

I see way too many times people fielding ARKHAN aka SUMMONMASTER and.... NOTHING to summon.

Long story short, if you play death and NOT use your summoning, you are just playing at such disadvantage you'll ragequit the faction.

The wraith will do nothing and be shot off, and the spirit host are no more than a skeleton alternative.
At 2000 point you only damage dealing unit are 4 morghast and arkhan (and Arkhan is just going to die to anything half serious in close combat), that is just never going to work.
480 out of 2000 point is dealing damage.
If the opponent focus on the 4 Morghast any kind of firepower and kill them you are left with nothing but weak units.

Hexwraith are strong , but if its your first army you wont use them to their potential on the fist 30 games.

If you play Arkhan, get at least 400 point for reinforcement (that can be ANYTHING and spawn on the spot and wherever you want on the table)

Either play FEC that actually have good monster of play with summon, if not you are just fielding a much much weaker "Destruction" force.

Wraith, banshee and all weak untis with "strong" damage output should always be summoned.

>>50839541
sounds good on an Excel spreadsheet in a vacuum, but its basically paying 1000 point to buff 30 wounds worth of skeletons.
I guess it could work if you face armies that dont shoot anything and dont have magic and no fast unit to outmaneuver your skeletons.
>>
File: nothin personnel kid.jpg (542KB, 1416x998px) Image search: [Google]
nothin personnel kid.jpg
542KB, 1416x998px
>>50830302
i want more of these
>>
>>50839670
>Order gets 5 book and elfslav still complain not being the fist 3 battletome of AoS
>>
>>50839907
Bring smaller groups of skeletons to screen your large group of skeletons from shooting or magic.

Or just bring multiple squads of 40 skeletons. All the buffs happen on your turn so your opponent can't really stop them.

This is the true implication of the BONE ZONE
>>
>>50839949
the like and dislike should have been blue
>>
>>50839907
So if i'm taking Arkhan something liek this
>Leader
Arkhan - 340
Wight King - 120

>Battleline
20x Skeletons - 160
20x Skeletons - 160
20x Skeletons - 160

>Other
2x Archai - 240
2x Archai - 240
(580 Summon Pool)
--1420 points

Is better?
>>
>>50840002
>(580 Summon Pool)
Oh boy the summonfest
>>
>>50839989
The greatest mage-rat ever is too edgy for color, you're lucky his name is in blue
>>
>>50840002
It does look better, you'll need to adapt to the playstyle but in the end its just much stronger.

But given your ACTUAL list (which i suppose is most of your model for now) I would keep the hexwraith on the field tho, they will act as anti-chaff so that Arkhan isnt cucked by 5 elf cavalry or wolf rat or something like that and unable to position himself to do the best summons.
Dont use your morghast for cleaning chaff, they are here to shit on the biggest things your opponents can throw at you.
>>
>>50840080
Thanks for this
Final question - Is 5 HWraiths enough or do i need make a fatter group of 10?
>>
>>50839976
Dont get me wrong, IF you pull it off then GG, but it does look hard to pull off.

I will save it tho, so when someone post the daily slow moving Chaos Warrior melee-focused list in the next thread he will understand he NEED something that move fast to dodge that kind of BS
>>
>>50840124
5 is enough until you know how to use them.
10 can be great but it ultimately depend on what is the rest of your list, but just so you know 10 hexwraiths nearly the same cost as 3 Morghasts, if you are unsure of what you do with your hexwraith and they end up wandering on the field and charging low points unit most of the times, take morghast instead

Thats why having a larger pool of model and summoning whatever you want is good, its unreliable most of the time but if you field Arkhan just try to summon, it will go through most of the time
>>
Guys I need a favour. Does somebody have the Silver Tower hero cards? I need the branchwych for this evening.
>>
>>50840468
They randomly decided not to include the Branchwych in the hero card deck, so although I have them, that is the one card I do not have.
>>
>>50840769
Well, fuck. Thanks anyway.
>>
Are the battleforces a permanent addition to GW's roster? I want to start a Sylvaneth army but the battleforce is sold out.
>>
>>50841095
No

Christmas only
>>
>>50837852
ya
>>
>>50841095
I think the sylvaneth one is going through the third and last reprint.
>>
>>50839343
The unbreakable iron breakers! GLORIOUS!
>>
File: when.jpg (85KB, 858x589px) Image search: [Google]
when.jpg
85KB, 858x589px
When did Heinrich Kemmler become standard necromancer model?
>>
>>50841625
The majority of named characters have now become default models of their class. It's weird
>>
>>50841116
>>50841447

Damn. Thanks for the info.
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 2568x794px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 2568x794px
Ok fellas, I finished building up my Beastclaws Raiders army, now I'm looking for another army for allegiance ideas, I'm kind of leaning towards UNGA BUNGA MONSTER HUNTERS, how Are they currently?
>>
Is there an explanation as to why these things are mechanical?
>>
>>50842149
They are daemonic living metal. They aren't technically robots, and were never constructed.
>>
>>50842149
Because it's also used in 40k and chaos stuff is usually done in a way that looks like it could fit in both settings.
>>
>>50842149
because it never was a "beast" or "Alive" in the first place
>>
>>50842149
Daemonic Automatons were a thing WHFB. Archaon fought a bunch of them when he was on his quest.
>>
Thinking of making some Hobgoblin wolf riders using GW LOTR or Hobbit minis. Opinions on this? I'm worried the Goblins won't look right or fit in style wise, but the wargs look great for actual wolf proxies
>>
>>50842681
I've done exactly this, scale is fine and even looks good. Much better than the hideous wolves they come with. Other people have used fenrisian wolves but I personally think they're a little too large and also way too expensive. I bought a ton of warg riders off ebay, stripped them and I've got 40 odd Wolf Riders now for the cost of the Grot boxes and about 20 quid for the wolves.
>>
>>50842987
So I'm thinking those fell wargs combined with the Wolf rider goblins, or do you think there is a better hobgoblin esque mini in the LOTR or hobbit series that I can put on these Wargs?
>>
>>50842142
They have two modes: slightly underpowered, yet fun horde army and 300 dice rolls per turn arrow fest that can vaporize almost anything.
>>
>>50838470
>Quads of Slaanesh. Truly the best god and best model. The time is near my brothers. Ready yourselves for the glorious coming of our Lord

please yes.
>>
File: 1462306181431.jpg (19KB, 409x393px) Image search: [Google]
1462306181431.jpg
19KB, 409x393px
>>>50842274
look at those butthurt neckbeards and laugh.
Muh FB!
>Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. Please go shill elsewhere
>>
>>50844432

It's always been like that since launch. T b h I don't really want to laugh at them, their general is a graveyard and despite the OP is mostly just arguments about the end times anyway
>>
File: praizeslaanesh.jpg (417KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
praizeslaanesh.jpg
417KB, 1280x1024px
>>50838470
>>50843742

soon™
>>
>>50844432
Who cares, let them play their game

Stop being a shit
>>
Could I get some opinions on the Sylvaneth Tree Revenants weapon choice for the unit leader?
>>
>>50844657
Christ if GW gets all CB in its release schedule.... we are never seeing aelfs. Or steamhead Duardin. Or Slannesh
>>
>>50844793
It's mechanically exactly the same, so pick whatever.
>>
>>50844479
This.
It's kinda sad to see them just sorta petering out.
>>
>>50844885
see this >>50839961
>>
>>50844885
yeah let make 8 or 10 order battletome without having 2 death battletome and less than 5 in all other factions.
Elf are sooooo weak right now i mean they truly need an update
>>
>>50845543
Thank you kindly :)
>>
>>50842149

its not a robot or anything. Its literally a demon, just like the hellcannon. Its living metal.
>>
>>50845543
While it's true, if you intend to use the reroll in the combat phase for attacking the glaive is better because your reroll counts for twice the damage.
>>
Question about battalions, if I used (for example) the Guardians of Alarielle battalion which includes both Sylvaneth and Stormcast Eternals units would I still have Sylvaneth allegiance even though I'm using some Stormcast Eternal models?
>>
Just got Spire of Dawn. What are some good color schemes for elves? I don't wanna do them white.
>>
>>50845871
Yes. Units taken in a battalion count as the allegiance of the battalion. Still, they don't gain the allegiance bonus unless they also have the keyword. So the Guardians of Alarielle are Sylvaneth Allegiance but the stormcast units can't teleport.
>>
>>50845906
Maybe different shades of blue?
>>
>>50847073
>>50847073
>>50847073
>>
>>50832061
>seraphon
30 Thunderers and runelord and grim burlokksson and then defend them.
>>
>>50847081
Why the hell did you make a new thread when this is still going well?
>>
>>50845926

That's great to hear. Thanks.
>>
>>50847081
Really? This isn't even at the fucking bump limit yet. Just post your drawfaggotry here instead of create a new thread. It's not deserving of its own fucking thread
>>
>>50825750
fuck the hater i like it . you did good.
>>
>>50845599
It's more I want to see what they do with the race.
Fyre slayers was an interesting game change (just from a fluff, not going to touch crunch...)
I want to see what they turn a elves into. Or if they will just stay Tolkien elves with a copyrighted namea
>>
>>50849328
Well, Spire of Dawn will provide fluff for the armies in it.
That means Swifthawk Agents and Eldritch Council are getting new fluff, so I imagine you'd be looking forward to that.
>>
>>50841688
Not really. They already have the models and they can't rightfully have them be named characters as much, so they just repurpose the models.
Thread posts: 301
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.