[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which ship has better cybernetics for injured crew?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Three way fight.jpg (76KB, 900x708px) Image search: [Google]
Three way fight.jpg
76KB, 900x708px
Which ship has better cybernetics for injured crew?
>>
File: 1473145247749.png (840KB, 2568x3368px) Image search: [Google]
1473145247749.png
840KB, 2568x3368px
>>50815802
Jesus Christ I'm getting way more mileage out of this image then I thought I would.

Right, let's just skip to the inevitable end, as we did with the basketball game.
>>
>>50815802
Star Trek doesn't have cybernetics (I think they regrow limbs and shit) and while the Imperium might have some cybernetics that are better than the Empire's your average crewman will never see even so much as a bolt of 'em.
>>
>>50815802
The Star Destroyer.
>>
>>50815802
>cybernetics for injured crew
What does this even mean?

If you mean medical facilities, I'd probably go with the ISD if only because bacta. If it is a plot relevant character, though, the Federation is normally capable of investing whatever's necessary to fix them, plus the average citizen of the Federation can end up living well over a hundred years through their super commie space medicine.
>>
>>50815843
>Star Trek doesn't have cybernetics

Ahem.

Also, Captain Picard has an artificial heart.

That's just off the top of my head...
>>
Replacement limbs in star wars are cheaper than personal vehicles.
>>
File: Geordi_La_Forge_2379.jpg (51KB, 600x588px) Image search: [Google]
Geordi_La_Forge_2379.jpg
51KB, 600x588px
>>50815908
Also, his VISOR got upgraded to genuine artificial eyes.
>>
>>50815836
This is amazing, and you should feel good about yourself.
>>
>>50815843
>Star Trek doesn't have cybernetics
>>50815908
also Borg. If "cybernetics" was a race.
>>
Imperium crews are more likely cyborgs then not. Everyone's got hoses, sometimes for no reason.
>>
>>50815939
It's important to note that I significantly downplayed the on-screen stated and observed effectiveness of phasers and photon torpedoes. In reality a single Galaxy-class starship could reduce an entire planet's crust to molten slag in a matter of just a few hours at most, and photon torpedoes are stated to have yields in the isoton range.

But it is broadly held that their weapons are "weak", so I pretended that they were, since ultimately their strength doesn't matter that much since raw firepower is not what causes the Imperium to lose.
>>
>>50816000
*Quick note, by "reality" I mean "going by actual stated and observed yields in the show", I don't mean a real-life Galaxy-class starship. I'm perfectly aware that those don't exist. Bit sad, but aware nevertheless.
>>
>>50816000
>In reality a single Galaxy-class starship could reduce an entire planet's crust to molten slag in a matter of just a few hours at most
A continent, maybe. You are underestimating the size of a planet. One ship would take a very, very long time to the tune of weeks to completely reduce an entire planet's surface to slag.
>>
>>50816068
A fleet of about thirty Cardassian and Romulan ships, who have inferior technology to the Federation, were able to utterly destroy 30% of an Earth-sized planet's crust right down to its mantle inside of about fifteen minutes.

In a later episode, Garak outright states that the weapons on the Defiant could destroy the entire surface of a different but similarly-sized planet in about half an hour.

Remembering that the Defiant is a purpose-built warship whereas a Galaxy-class is primarily meant for exploration, I think a few hours is about right. Certainly not more than a day.
>>
>Imperium
Prosthetics are common, but often crude. The average crewman might have nothing better than a peg leg. However, the richer, more prestigious members of the crew are likely to have cybernetics which are equal to or even better than the original limb. The very highest of the Imperium can have artificial limbs or prosthetic senses that are not only indistinguishable from natural limbs, but are faster and stronger than natural.
It's a shit-show because the average quality is pretty low, but the highest quality is almost magical in its superiority.

>Federation
Pretty sure they've got methods of regrowing limbs, and their cybernetics is insanely sophisticated. Data is one of the first androids, but he's stronger and faster than a human, has a positronic brain of extreme fidelity. One surmises therefore that artificial limbs are entirely possible and indistinguishable from natural limbs.

>Empire
We know their cybernetics are good, but fairly functional. Bacta means that limbs can be regrown, even after colossal damage. But not always, and we know there are members of the Empire who have cybernetic enhancements. I would put the Empire at below Federation, but above Imperium baseline, though I believe the best of the Imperiums technology is better than the Empire
>>
>>50815908
Artificial heart, and artificial limbs after he got de-borgified. The Federation does use prosthetics, they just disguise them better than most settings.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.