[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Belly of the Beast Campaign Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hey all,

I'm running a campaign in which the players decided to piss off a leviathan and I would love to run a few sessions with them party being swallowed and having to escape the massive thing.

I'm looking for ideas, concepts, items, anything that can help flesh out what would essentially be a small town built from old ships inside the monster with a few NPC's and a couple different encounters and ultimate means of escape. I've looked around a bit and didn't come up with much.
>>
>>50815472
What do the NPCs eat? How do they obtain clean water? Why hasn't the digestive system of the leviathan done it's job? Why haven't they suffocated? Answer these questions without cop-outs, and the rest will be childsplay.
>>
>>50815560
That's just what I'm working on and good points. I was thinking a bioluminescent fungi/seaweed for air and light and fish seem reasonable for food. The town would be made of ships lodged in the gullet and populated by anyone lucky enough not to call into the stomach.

As for water and better food, we have a druid so they'll have barely enough not to die, but I'll probably have to hide casks of water in old ships for them not to fall into exhaustion. That would be interesting, a ship collapsing further into the stomach with only enough time to get a cask of possibly stagnant water or some treasure.

The fungi/seaweed lighting seems trips-ish though. Maybe lanterns filled with water that house little light-up sea creatures.
>>
>>50815789
Water has a tendency to spoil much too quickly for long voyages at sea. Barrels of rum, grog, or a setting appropriate alcoholic beverage would be much more likely.
>>
>>50815834
Want to survive? You'll be drunk-fighting Murlocs. I like it.
>>
>>50815472
The Leviathan's digestion happens in stages - for a week, the tides of acids rise as the flesh of its belly writhes, desperate to grind down and dissolve all that it can - at those moments, the fish monsters that live within retreat to a hanging canopy of tents, swarming up ropes to live high above the acid of the leviathan's stomach. Until then, they prowl freely, hunting for anything they can eat and trying to keep off the fleshy walls, lest they set their sea-god to harvest. At each noon of the height of the tide that washes away all things, they sacrifice one of their own, and pray that it shall soon receed.

Once it does, the Leviathan becomes active once again, prowling the ocean for more to hunt. The only thing in its belly that is immune to the acid are the phosphorescent fish, parasites who grow fat upon the other digested matter and turn into hungry top-tier predators that can live out of water with disturbing haste. Their rugose bodies slither like eels and jaw at anything that moves - especially others of their own kind.
>>
>>50816082
That's incredible and will add another dimension... timing. Get held down in one place too long and off you go, turned to goo in front of the party.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.