[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 57

File: 99.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
99.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
Oops All Creatures edition

Previous thread: >>50797464

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
File: thraximundar.jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
thraximundar.jpg
76KB, 312x445px
So what would be the best commander for a zombie deck?
>>
>>50814390
Gisa and Geralf, probably
>>
>>50814400
gisa and geralf aren't that strong

if you want to make a zombie deck that actually wins a lot, i'd probably do some golgari bullshit with mazirek or something. zombie creatures themselves aren't really strong enough for EDH. the best thing about zombies are the fact that you can make a ton of zombie tokens quite easily with grave titan, overseer of the damned, under the floorboards, and so on. and by splashing green, you get a lot of support for token strategies and alpha strikes.
>>
>>50814489
Well I mostly wanted to do a black/maybe other color deck with a lot of sacrifice/double edge mechanic.Is there a good commander for that?
>>
File: 237.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
237.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>50814617
A DOUBLE EDGE, YOU SAY
>>
>>50814489
Sultai Sidisi is pretty good as well. Was one deck I used to play against that was really solid.
>>
Alright fuck it I'm ordering the rest of the goddamn artifact deck, AND the fucking spellslinger deck that I have most of the parts for. Merry Christmas to me
>>
>>50814617
usually, you only sac stuff as a means to an end. sac a creature to cast victimize, sac a creature to protect it from mind control, sac your board to prep yourself for a living death cast and so on. otherwise, saccing synergies are pretty weak if you don't build green. black gets grave pact effects and a bit of fluff like blood artist stuff, but that's about it.

mazirek and green in general are the best for saccing tons of tokens just for fun
>>
>>50814489
Blue gives you access to rooftop storm though, as well as havengul lich and lich lord of unx. Sultai with Sidisi or Mimeoplasm would probably be the best of all worlds though I think the consistency and speed of monoblack with Liliana heretical healer or Sidisi undead vizier is worth looking at.

>>50814644
I've been thinking about doing Dralnu with lots of instant/sorcery zombie token makers.
>>
>>50814725
Counter, bounce and kill your way into a massive Rise from the Tides and Army of the Damned

Then fold to a boardwipe
>>
>>50814644
literally can't cast this guy without a sac outlet out lmao
>>
>>50814784
Or a Magebane Armor to equip
>>
>>50814717
oh actually there is a reason to sac tokens in monoblack: force discard effects. sadistic hypnotist and friends, etc.
>>
I've been running a Grenzo list for DC similar to http://landdestruction.com/grenzo-doomsday/, tweaked a bit, and have been noticing control matchups are a real struggle without spells that are must answers without being part of the main combo. Examples are Liliana of the Veil, and Necropotence, but I don't have any more cards to add.
Any recommendations for haymaker spells under 6 mana?
>>
File: thrasios.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
thrasios.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
How degenerate/fun is this?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/r-i-p-t-i-d-e/
>>
File: 1482289905742.png (574KB, 1695x1681px) Image search: [Google]
1482289905742.png
574KB, 1695x1681px
>>50813409
Sorry for not responding, I left to work out right after I made that post. It was Ghoulcaller Gisa.
>>
My gf says I can't play Scion anymore because I just do the same thing every game.

What's a good non-linear commander that I can sell all these gay-ass dragons and invest into?
>>
Just made a Brago deck. Tell me what you guys think. Any particular win cons I should be including?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-king-of-flickers-brago/
>>
>>50815381
Do Ghave goodstuff/pillow fort.
>>
File: Animar Foiled.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Animar Foiled.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>50814307
Oops all creature Animar, coming up again.

I'm still on the fence about the Primal Surge. It kinda cheapens the whole "only creatures" theme by you know, not being a creature.
That said, Primal Surge is perfect in a 99 permanent deck, and it's a japanese foil so it looks really cool, and also has the added benefit of really confusing people who don't know what the card does (It puts your ENTIRE deck into play?).

Currently I have slotted it out for a Stunt Double.
>>
>>50815381
count the number of tutors in whatevers decks you're looking at and go off of those golf score style.
>>
>>50815460

You should run platinum angel so you can actually flip your deck over and not lose

I get that you can stop whenever you want but it seems more stylish if you're running 99 permanents and primal surge to be able to just flip the deck over
>>
Was it a mistake to make 4-color Commanders?
>>
>>50815553
No because 4color is under represented. Plus the precons are better than what in were last years
>>
>>50815546
>not lose

Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar and Sages of the Anima both replace draw triggers, I don't need Platinum Angel.
>>
>>50815621
>>50815546
or labman works
>>
>>50815381
> selling dragons
>>
>>50815643
Don't really need lab when putting my entire deck into play deals a few thousand damage through noncombat triggers.
>>
>>50815460
>ctrl-f Ancestral Statue
No results found

Might be because it's a .jpg but you should run it irregardless
>>
>>50815687
I try to avoid super simple infinite combos, same reason I don't run Palinchron, Dead-Eye Navigator and Temur Sabertooth. It just feels cheap.
>>
>>50815621

Oh my bad, didn't even consider those guys, so you all already have the stuff
>>
What's the best discard archtype general that isn't Nath?
>>
is Yidris Eldrazi triba fun?
>>
>>50815820
Nicol Bolas?
>>
>>50815760
You're running Animar, you're gonna get the hate anyways. Might at as well go all in
>>
>>50815847
Was hoping to stick with two colors. His damage trigger is spicy tho.

Might do Malfegor.
>>
>Create the partner mechanic
>Print a bunch of known characters who logically would never work with anybody
>And then a fuckton of nobodies

>Don't print an alternate Agrus Kos and a Feather, both with partner
I will never understand what goes on in Wizards' minds
>>
Posting my favorite creature-heavy deck that I'm building right now. Yes it's exactly who you expect it is.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/literally-just-creatures/
>>
>>50815883
not two colors, but Cao Cao, lord of Wei is good.
>>
>>50815883
I'd do Malfegor or Lazav desu
>>
>>50815976
Was considering doing Lazav for a Dimir clone tribal, but decided to do faerie tribal with Oona instead.

I just took apart Rakdos for parts, will probably go ahead with Malfegor.
>>
Anyone have some ideas for solid decks that aren't too expensive and don't have to rely on infinites to win?

I want to do something in Naya, possibly Gruul colors.
>>
>>50816036
Xenagos or Ruric Thar are good and competitive Gruul Generals that usually win through turning creatures sideways and just winning. If thats not your thing though than Borborygmos Enraged is a interesting general basically you pick up your deck and through it at the enemy by discarding lands with your general. The key is to run crucible and loam to keep throwing your lands at people.
>>
>>50816036
Maelstrom Wanderer can be fairly cheap.
>>
>>50816163
the key is to run Storm Cauldron, tap all your lands, throw them at one guy, sacrifice the rest to Zuran Orb, return them to your hand with creeping rennaisance, throw them at another guy, flashback creeping rennaisance to return all the lands again, then throw them at the last guy.

For some reason people don't expect me to activate Borborygmos' ability over 60 times in one turn.
>>
>>50816369
Creeping Renaissance*
>>
What's a good build for someone who just got the Yidris precon and is on a tight budget?
>>
>>50816390
Even among the other 4 color precons, the Yidris precon is just stuffed full of good stuff and left kinda wide open. There's a lot of directions you could go with it.

There's a ton of Wheel of Fortune-esque effects, so you could go full Nekusar.
Yidris himself is an insane value engine that can get you lots of free ramp off of all your spells if you wanna go big, or you can exploit the nature of Cascade to make him a pretty bonkers Storm commander.
Or you could really nix any of the colors and find a really solid 3-color commander to build around with all the goodies the deck gives you.

The sky is kinda your limit here. The 4 color precons are fantastic products, honestly. They're playable out of the box, but give you so much good shit that you have room to really do whatever you want.

I personally turned my Yidris precon into a wacky "Cascade Tribal" deck, with the idea being to cascade like 6 times per turn. It's pretty fun.
>>
>>50816390
Get cards that can be cast at a lower cost than their CMC, or that untap lands.

>Peregrine Drake
>Frantic Search
>Murderous Cut
>Treasure Cruise
>Mulldrifter
>Fury of the Horde

Get better mana fixing

>Kodama's Reach
>Cultivate
>Sakura-Tribe Elder
>Chromatic Lantern

Double strike/extra combat enablers

>Blood Mist
>Fire Shrieker

And these are some random fun cards I like in my budgety yidris
>Notion Theif
>Bring to Light
>Temur Ascendancy
>Mind's Desire
>>
>>50816163
What about wort and angry omanth? They can do some pretty ridiculous damage.
>>
I have gone all these years a never made a single EDH deck with White in it. I just have all these accumulated White staples sitting here with nowhere to go.

What's a fun and/or unique W* commander? Any combination of colors + White would be fine.
>>
File: 1481732505319.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1481732505319.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>50816369
fuck youre making me want to build borb for the first time
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>5 mana for a 4/5 with no evasion
>tap out for an enchantment for heroic trigger
>your 2/2s (which only last until EoT) are tapped
>any removal now strip mines you
fuck no matter what you do she is just awful. she is a worse noyan dar and that is saying something.
>>
>>50817463
>up to

still not great, though
>>
>>50814307
What is a comander in this game?
>>
>>50817463
Why not just Titania?
>>
>>50817359
>>50816369

I'm building borb enraged next I think, ive been on edge forever, just going to pull the trigger now
>>
>>50817463
Don't talk shit about Noyan Dar. Darksteel Citadel and Inkmoth Nexus are technically things. Is he top tier? No, not really. Is he awful? Nah, wouldn't say so.
>>
File: Nebuchadnezzar_CH.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Nebuchadnezzar_CH.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
>>50815820
Telepathy effects nebu is the funnest imo
>>
File: 1481837842273.gif (903KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1481837842273.gif
903KB, 400x300px
>built shitty flip avacyn to test it out
>playing with Brago, Mazirek and Rakdos, Lord of Riots
>durdle until brago swings at me
>cast some shitty fog and prevent the damage
>brago can't flicker, and is tapped
>I pass my turn
>rakdos starts grinning like a madman, swings at brago for a 4 damage
>casts rakdos
>I flash in avacyn, skull clamp a token, flip the thing
>he plays nulamog and desolation twin for free
>exiles two of brago's lands
>mazirek plays pops grimmore of the dead on his turn, reanimating brago's fuckhuge graveyard
>brago, looking depressed, draws, plays a land, casts brago again, and passes
>I cast Elesh Norn
>brago scoops
>rakdos swings at me with the desolation twins, hits Mazirek with Newlamog
>play another shitty prevent damage card
>mazirek looks visibly shaken as he begins exiling cards
>swings at tapped out rakdos with brago's stuff
>On my turn I play odric 2.0 and boros charm
>rakdos scoops
>mazirek scoops
>brago starts bitching about how my strategy is so cheap
>>
>>50814784
>>50814819
Or a counterspell? Jesus fuck do you even know how to blue?
>>
File: Experiment Kraj_DIS.jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Experiment Kraj_DIS.jpg
74KB, 312x445px
Few questions for any Kraj player reading this.

1) How many combos do you run? What cards are "traps" in terms of "only good with a combo otherwise useless".
2) How much mana accel do you have on creatures with tao abiilities? How many in just good stuff (Urban Evolution, Cultivate, etc) I'm asking because I feel like my Kraj deck falls apart if my mana dorks get board wiped and I want to only use the essential ones that are part of a combo (Kydele, Argothian Elder, etc)
2b) Same question but with card draw.

If you have a list, do show me. I'm in the middle of trying to fine-tune this guy. So much that I want to put in my only copy of Force of Will in it.
>>
Is Rubinia really that bad as the commander of the bant deck
>>
>>50818862
>>I flash in avacyn, skull clamp a token, flip the thing
>flash in
>skullclamp equips at instant speed

JUDGE
>>
>>50819136
Also if you flicker dungeon geists does it tap a second creature and continue to affect the first?
>>
>>50818862
If Brago scoops, then all cards he owns leave the game with him. Mazirek shouldn't have been able to swing with those reanimated creatures.
>>
>>50819165
Leonin Shikari
>>
Ok /tg/ I need thoughts on this deck; I know we don't usually take kindly to 1k+ decks but I can't help the fact I have most of the dual lands + other legacy staples on hand. My playgroup is mostly legacyfags anyways.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/froggy-went-a-comboing/
>>
>>50819334
>I know we don't usually take kindly to 1k+ decks
That's only 2 or 3 sour grape losers.

Deck looks fine as is, there's a couple pet cards in Black that I always try to include: Leyline of the Void, Sudden Spoiling, Reanimate. I don't see anything glaringly missing.
>>
>>50819334
Manabond?
>>
>>50817463
Works great with Titania and a sacrifice source
>>
>>50819483
>2 or 3 sour grape losers
Oh, well that's a relief. I always get a little nervous posting lists in these threads. Reanimate actually seems like it could work out nicely, I'll have to give it a shot. Thanks anon.
>>50819498
Now that's a spicy meatball.
>>
>>50815290
Where the fuck is zada.
>>
>>50819216

It taps a second creature but does not continue to effect the first, because the ability is tied to that specific dungeon Geists, and when you flicker it, it becomes a new dungeon geists
>>
File: Image-93.png (131KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image-93.png
131KB, 223x311px
>>50819334
If you needed a source of tokens.
>>
>>50815888
The choices for these characters were really crazy. I don't necessarily mind that they didn't limit it to characters that had/wold have a partnership with somebody since that wold really hamstring them on characters, but they really messed up with all the literally whos. They totally missed the cool part of C14. I just hope that if they get negative feedback they don't interpret it to mean the "make old characters into cards" thing has run its course.
>>
File: Image-133.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image-133.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>50819334
>>
>>50819652
Also, they tapped into way too recent history. Did anyone REALLY give a shit about Reyhan or Akiri? There are so many characters many people love and we get stuff like them or Ishai who was already represented on a card that if I'm being completely honest almost feels better than the Ishai we even got.
>>
File: 1482372211345.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
1482372211345.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
I wanna brew this fucker, any tips?
>>
>>50819719
Scroll Rack will be your best buddy forever and ever.
>>
>>50819750
Does that mean i get any artifact for free? Hut damn
>>
>commander damage isn't shared by partners
Not even doing it. I know it doesn't seem fair if they swing together, but still
>>
>>50819867
Does anybody even really like commander damage as a rule though?
>>
>>50819915
FUCK YOU

t. Boros Legion
>>
>>50819816
It means you can get a new hand each turn.

>pitch the cards you don't like to Scroll Rack
>play an artifact, commander's ability makes you shuffle the old cards into your deck
>repeat
>>
File: anthem-of-rakdos-cropped.jpg (169KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
anthem-of-rakdos-cropped.jpg
169KB, 464x664px
So if Lightning Bolt is the last card in my hand I'm casting it for double damage?
>>
Good morning /EDHg/
I've only recently started playing Magic again after a few years, and I wanted to start back to make a mono-black vampire deck not red-black because I wasn't playing when they released the cluster with all those vampires, while I have already quite a few Zendikar vampires
Who would be the best commander, and which are the stable cards of a deck? Or do you think I should really go for the bicolored deck?
>>
>>50820042
you have 1 card in hand
you cast lightning bolt from your hand and it is placed on the stack
you have 0 cards in hand
lightning bolt goes to resolve and should deal double damage
>>
So I could put Derevi on the field for four, and then later cast it a first time for three?
>>
>>50820066
... Anowan the Ruin Sage seems dece' I guess? I mean your options if you're going for monoblack are pretty limited. Either version of Drana and Kalitas seem good. If it were me I would go for that sweet, sweet old-school swag and use Baron Sengir.
>>
File: Silent-Blade Oni_PC2.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Silent-Blade Oni_PC2.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
Post your favorite demons. Here's mine, I don't care if it has a good chance to wiff or that it has no evasion I love this guy. Now to only find a deck I can stick him in...
>>
>>50820252
Yes. Using Derevi's ability to put him directly into play doens't tick up the counter for how many times you've played your commander.
>>
>>50819307
This.

JUDGE
>>
>>50821128
>no evasion
>got ninjutsu
>>
>>50819109
My first version of kraj ran lots of dorks and cultivate n friends. What I found was I got flooded with not enough draw, and way too much mana. The dorks never survived long, and were constant dead draws, took most, if not all other than gyre sage out.

1) As far as combos go:
Phyrexian devourer + triskelion/jodahs avenger

March of the machines / titanias song+ any "permanent is now an artifact in edition to its other types" + kraj

Pretty much all the combos I have that I can think of. The deck isn't hyper competitive, obviously, but I have a great time playing it.
2) like I said, most creature mana accelerants are taken out, left the goodstuff in like kodamas reach and cultivate.
2b) alternatively, I put in a shitload of card draw. Arcanis and prime speaker zegana are amazing, same with fathom mage.

Your biggest concern should be board wipes, as kraj wants to have a huge, writhing boardstate that works off of each other and makes kraj a god being that can one shot people with 21 commander unblockable,while having access to activated abilities that protect him.

All of my removal are polymorph effects, and it's a blast to run. I don't have a list, sorry
>>
>>50821310
After the first ninjutsu it's gonna be hard making him connect if you don't give him evasion firt tho, I think that's what he meant.
>>
File: 20160526_110519.jpg (27KB, 169x135px) Image search: [Google]
20160526_110519.jpg
27KB, 169x135px
>>50821354
Hot damn. Good info, anon, thanks. I never thought about doing the March/Titania/Mycosynth Lattice route but it is a killer. Might have to add that in.

I was thinking about just cutting all forms of infinite mana combos since Kraj himself doesnt really benefit from it. It'd be one thing if he had a built in mana sink like Tasigur or Thrasios but, like you said, the necessary pieces just become dead draws. It does mean that I won't be able to cheese kill with Knacksaw Clique, though.
>>
File: HL_7.jpg (290KB, 675x493px) Image search: [Google]
HL_7.jpg
290KB, 675x493px
secret tech for pic related?
want stuff that'll make people shit themselves when i flip it over and they have to read the card because it doesn't say "take an extra turn" or "additional combat phase"
>>
>>50822075
Dimensional Breach. Screw their board, get Narset first, and come out ahead over time.
>>
File: 1475631818972.jpg (198KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1475631818972.jpg
198KB, 640x1136px
>>50822093
yes stuff like this this is good
>>
>>50822075
You don't need secret tech just take extra turns and combat steps
>>
>>50822175
that's not very fun to play against or exciting though
>>
>>50822108
Well I guess I'm gay now.
>>
I want to create a monogreen Timmy stompy deck. What are good commanders? I dont really like Malimo, I want something big and stompy.
>>
>>50822857
Surrak, the Hunt Caller is a favorite of mine. never ran him as the general, but he's been nice in quite a few lists. Nylea, God of the Hunt is also good, Jugan, the Rising Star is not great but fits well. If you want to go wide Kamahl, Fist of Krosa is good, and so is Baru, Fist of Krosa. If you want jank to go wide there's Kaysa, or Lady Zhurong, Warrior Queen. There's Kodama of the South Tree or Central Tree if you want to do tribal. Omnath is good if you want to play fatties while swinging with a fatty. Polukranos is nice because he's one of the few ways green answers creatures. Selvala, Heart of the Wilds helps you get towards big creatures. Thrun is obnoxious to deal with, and if you want to also mess around with lands, Titania gets big fast.
>>
>>50819933
Since when does the Boros Legion care about a single creature getting in damage?
>>
What do you all think of adding Emrakul, the promised end to my Kynaios and Tiro of meletis Group Hug deck? it says i control the turn, but would any one have a problem with just me telling them to just take another turn if i didn't want to screw them over?
>>
>>50823278
that's for your group to decide. there are take extra turn spells that target players so you could just run those, then you wouldn't become a target for having emrakul out.
>>
>>50823300
I have been thinking about handing out the emrakul with zehruu or what ever that RUW goat guy is that hands out your permanents. I also currently have been running Memnarch and him to move around the board as i see fit. moving the lands around or such. what do you all think?
>>
why is commander the only magic format that isnt shit?
>>
>>50823372
because it is very casual or extremely competitive. Additionally, it can be thrown together with a mix of almost any cards and still be a good deck unlike 60 card.
>>
>>50816850
>Notion Thief

Card is very finnicky anon, unless you're running labman you can expect someone to draw you to death
>>
>>50822108
Who is this?
>>
>>50816828

The only one I was really sort of interested in were Yidris and Breya. Is Breya worth it if I already have a Sydri deck? It just feels like I'll be playing Sydri but a little worse and I already have a lot of the artifact staples.
>>
>>50823600
Breya is an alright precon. Comes with sydri inside but you also get the hanna promo art if care about that stuff. I never use breya for her abilities with the exception of her 3rd if my life gets dangerously low. Just the best of izzet and esper artifacts imo
>>
>>50823600
At least in DC Breya is better, but the lists I see are tend to have lists like Narset, plus some black splash. If you want to play an artifact deck with her just splash red in your Sydri for artifact help stuff, like Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer, and Daretti(s)
>>
What's anybodies recommendation for a toolbox style deck. I used to run a Meren list that mostly would find silver bullet creatures, but I want to play something similar now that she's getting boring. Sisay seems a bit lame, and Scion is more combo than toolbox.
>>
>>50823278
Well, there's literally nothing stopping you from just asking the "controlled" player what they'd like to do with their turn, so I see no problem with just saying "Effectively just take your turn, since I'd defer to what you wanna do anyway", and if your group had a problem with it, fuck em.
>>
>>50823687
Momir Vig!
>>
>>50823687
Creature toolbox? There's Momir Vig, Grenzo, you could do something in that vein in Animar too.
>>
>>50823659
Other than Breya + Deathmantle + Altar (because oh boy, it's so hard to combo with Altar or Deathmantle you guys), Breya just feels like a really shitty choice. Yeah, you get access to Red's artifact tools, but I feel like you either wanna go Esper Artifacts, or Red/Brown artifacts. Putting them together is like putting cheese in your espresso; two good things that don't go well together.
>>
>>50823687
Depends on how toolbox you want to go. Isperia Inscrutable if you want casual toolbox. For more competitive decks you could go Momir Vig, Godo, or Arcum Daggson
>>
Niassa, Mono Green Eldrazi

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/368639

very fun
>>
>>50823717
Thank you! I just wanted to make sure there was not a rule i might have overlooked in this. I like to run group hug in competitive play and i wanted to not be blind sighted by some vague rule.
>>
>>50823809
Nah, you're good.
>>
>>50823744
Sometimes folks don't want to just say "I win" because they hit their infinite combo first.
>>
>>50823882
Which is fine- but there's nothing stopping you from build Value Artifacts in WUB as it is. The only argument I've seen pro-Breya is that she gives you shit like Scrap Mastery to 'help' existing Esper combos, and also that she combos with Altar and Deathmantle.
>>
>>50814784
>not getting him damaged on purpose as a sac outlet
>>
>>50823372
Singleton, small banlist, no rotation and constant access to fun cards.
>>
>>50818862
Magic is a lot of fun when you don't know the rules, as others have pointed out, and just make shit up. Why not just play pretend, you retard.
>>
Let's say I want to make an artifact deck with lots of Modular/Sunburst and counters everywhere.
Should I go Breya or Atraxa?

Atraxa sounds better because free proliferate, but Breya could be good with pentavites and stuff, and also allows me to do the Dismantle reactor combo thanks to the red color.
>>
>>50823982
breya
>>
File: Cavern Harpy.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Cavern Harpy.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50821470
I shall show you the way of the ninja
>>
>>50819657
I fucking love this card.
>>
>>50814644
>tfw Reins of Power to some snickering faggots Blasphemous Act

Eat shit, Trevor.
>>
>>50823982
Newzuri
>>
>>50823744
I found the exact opposite to be true for me.
I only splash red in my breya deck but it helps me get my artifacts to the graveyard fast with both Daretti's and provides some additional cheap kill spells like terminate
>>
File: 173.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
173.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>50823754
Remove Aeons torn and add pic related
>>
>>50824348
What fantastic fucking art, jesus. I want this card just to look at.
>>
>>50814307
if i wanted to play a deck that did nothing but turn creatures sideways i would go play standard
>>
>>50817666
a legendary creature that you built a 99 card deck around, within the confines of its colour identity
>>
>>50818862
cheating is pretty cheap
>>
>>50824346
>>50823744
To be fair, I'm sure most people's list are like mine, mono brown with a splash of color
>>
>>50819136
Can she not take control of a creature after it is declared an attacker to prevent damage? From what I can tell it has to be tapped before attackers are named

At the same time you can sacrifice a blocking creature and it will still block damage?
>>
>>50824552
I actually tried making it very color heavy, lots of colored artifacts and colored artifact synergy cards. Lots of artifact creatures.

I already have a red "mono brown" deck (I think there's like 8 red cards in it) so I wanted to mix it up a little.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/scumfxxk-ii/

not sure what direction to run in next. Some games it goes wild, generates tons of mana early and then I throw down my entire hand and start playing shit off the top of my deck and drawing cards like crazy.

Other games it just sorta falls on its face and groans for a few turns then I get to do my thing.
>>
File: 1478049648758.jpg (348KB, 540x750px) Image search: [Google]
1478049648758.jpg
348KB, 540x750px
Are there any yidris fags about? I have a questions about eye of the storm.

So when building around eye of the storm what is the ratio of instants sorceries and creatures that is ideal to get the eye going once Yidris enables cascade? Is a voltron storm combination synergistic at all or will i be tripping over my own feet?

What about suspend spells with zero cmc such as ancestral recall, hypergenesis, living end and wheel of fate? Will they be exiled if i cascade into them with a 1 cmc spell ala brainstorm?

As far as mana rituals go and card draw engines, is it just null profusion and every spell that nets you mana gain, ie: dark ritual, mana geyser, high tide, etc. How do you make sure you have enough blue mana for 1 cmc cantrips?
>>
>>50824925
>What about suspend spells with zero cmc such as Ancestral Recall, Hypergenesis, Living End and Wheel of Fate? Will they be exiled if i cascade into them with a 1 cmc spell ala brainstorm?

I dunno genius, is 0 less than 1?
>>
>>50824925
>What about suspend spells with zero cmc such as ancestral recall, hypergenesis, living end and wheel of fate? Will they be exiled if i cascade into them with a 1 cmc spell ala brainstorm?

Yes, cascading into Visions will get you 3 cards. That's how Shardless BUG works in Legacy. V A L U E.dek
>>
>>50819165
There's a few things in white that let you flash stuff in, and stuff like myr squire can let you equip at instant speed.
>>
>>50825072
Note that he did not say that any of those things were there.

That, combined with the Mazirek player still having Brago's shit after Brago scooped leads me to believe he has no idea how the rules work.
>>
>>50822857
Kamahl, Fist of Krosa is overrun on a stick.
>>
>>50823754
Prime Time is banned
>>
>>50824385
Funnily enough, people shit all over this card when it came out because of the art because "It didn't match."

Fuck em.
>>
Thinking about building a voltron deck as I've never committed to it. Thinking about using this guy to avoid zurgo.dec. Anyone have experience with monoU voltron?
>>
File: 40c.png (490KB, 600x691px) Image search: [Google]
40c.png
490KB, 600x691px
>>50825188
>Shitting on Nielsen art
>>
File: tromo.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
tromo.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>50825222
Forgot pic
>>
>>50825237
I would play Lorthos instead. But that's because he's a pet card and I think the foil looks nice
>>
>>50814390
Grimgrin is the only answer.
>>
File: Nyx-Fleece-Ram-MtG-Art.jpg (699KB, 1200x889px) Image search: [Google]
Nyx-Fleece-Ram-MtG-Art.jpg
699KB, 1200x889px
>>50825188
Stupid kids, Moon Sprite is a classic
>>
>>50824925
>How do you make sure you have enough blue mana for 1 cmc cantrips?
Chromatic Lantern maybe?
>>
>>50825283
Literally an ornament on my Christmas tree
>>
>>50825283
Fun fact: Hanna's new art is basically Terese's daughter, and the abs on Force of Will are Terese's abs. She used to be shredded as fuck.
>>
File: 1481361597551.jpg (425KB, 700x822px) Image search: [Google]
1481361597551.jpg
425KB, 700x822px
>>50823902
Another argument is that people want to use her cause they can. It's edh after all.
>>
File: 28783.jpg (492KB, 1000x1377px) Image search: [Google]
28783.jpg
492KB, 1000x1377px
>>50819334
>>
>>50825597
Is this a suggestion for what should be in the deck? I'm failing to see the synergies with Gitrog.

Likewise if it's a statement about counter gitrog play, once the combo goes off you never lose a land so you'd never take damage. All you're doing is dredging Dakmor Salvage back to hand and then discarding it through an outlet. I'll concede that if I don't have an outlet out, and I have to sac Dakmor then you're onto something but that's very unlikely.
>>
>>50823531

I've seen the consecrated Sphinx thing, but are there are any other cards that do it?
>>
Can you cast council's judgment if there are no permanents on the board? I know it wouldn't do anything (unless you had some weird quicken + show and tell shenanigans), but I'm curious what the rules are. I would guess yes since it doesn't target anything, but the rules also say that you can't not vote.
>>
>>50826468
I'm not a judge, but I believe that you can. The spell doesn't contain the phrase "target" so it doesn't require legal targets to function. I think what happens is that you each player gets a vote, but since there is nothing to vote for, it will just skip the vote for each player and the spell "resolves" and is put into a graveyard.

but that's just my guess
>>
>>50825228
It's okay, anon. Some people are just wrong, and there's no saving them.
>>
>>50826796
But anon, art is one of the most subjective things there is.
>>
>>50826841
Generally, yes.

"Terese Nielsen's art is good" is not subjective anymore than "2+2=4" is subjective. It's a fact.
>>
>>50826861
Good in what context, anon?
Technical merits? Befitting the card? The setting in which the card is based?
Etc.
>>
>>50826468
I would say that you can't since the requirements aren't met when it comes to spell resolving. If people can't vote, I don't think you can cast it either
>>
File: 1481825663891.png (443KB, 960x948px) Image search: [Google]
1481825663891.png
443KB, 960x948px
>tfw want to build a deck
>tfw already built the typical archetypes
>tfw flicking through edhrec but not finding anything exciting anymore
i still like the game and like playing but i enjoyed building the most
>>
>>50826927
Good based on independently verifiable inter-subjective opinion. Pretentious people can explain why, but generally the art will pass the majority of people's "sight test", as in "Ya, that looks good I guess."
>>
>>50827117
this is why you build shitty, janky, non-typical archetypes

like my UB wall tribal phenax mill deck
>>
File: unblockable vs BBC.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
unblockable vs BBC.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50814307
As much as I love Gruul and crushing spellcasting nerds I fucking hate Ruric Thar as a commander. It's the laziest shit for people that just want an autopilot aggro deck.
>>
>>50826468
>>50826539
>>50826949
You can cast it, but nothing will happen. Since there's nothing to vote for, nobody -can- vote. Since nobody voted, nothing got the most number of votes. [O]fficial answer is "it resolves and does fuck-all"
>>
File: 0788948546.jpg (45KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
0788948546.jpg
45KB, 312x445px
Gonna make a deck with pick related, how do you guys build your Queen Marchesa ?

Aggro, token, pillow fort, sacrifice, or.... ?
>>
>>50827117
To be fair, flicking through EDHRec to find "non-typical archetypes" is like going to Hot Topic trying to find a girl without daddy issues. You're in the wrong fucking place.
>>
>>50825237
Not personally, but equipment that can give him deathtouch and first strike/double strike would be pretty spicy. I used to have a Sapling of Colfenor voltron that revolved around giving her lure effects and deathtouch to grind people into the dust.
>>
>>50827493
I don't like how EDHRec is self-reinforcing.
What would be the bee's knees is if there was a program it could scrape data from and only provide deck lists from winning decks.
>>
>>50827724
Yeah, it kinda just creates a feedback loop of itself. People use it as a springboard, and then build their decks on whatever site, and it adds THAT to the database, which just creates a more and more samey list of recs.
>>
who's the most "fun police" commander? i want to stop boardstates from getting out of control and keep things "civil".
>>
File: Paradiso.jpg (134KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
Paradiso.jpg
134KB, 323x454px
>>50819109
The nice thing about Kraj is there's really no wrong way to build him.

1)
Vorel+Gilderbairn
GyreSage+Gilderbairn
Selvala+Gilderbairn
etc etc anything that untaps in Kraj is really good

1-1)
Deadeye+GreatWhale+Minds Aglow
I don't actually recommend this combo but its my budget option to infinite mana, which you just sometimes need.

2)
The thing about dorks is you'll rarely want Kraj use them.
Birds of Paradise is really good, Gyre Sage is made for the deck but I think I'm only running 3 total. I've found ramping lands to be a more sustainable solution, but my meta is light on Land Destruction so check your mileage.

2b)
>Zegana
>Zameck Guildmage

C) Pick your favorite Hydra that doesn't have Monstrosity.
That is now your new best friend.

Again, there's no real wrong way to build Kraj, he's in really good colors and the number of activated abilities will give you plenty of solutions.
>>
>>50827857
GAAIV
>>
>>50827857
Ruric Thar keeps things fair.
Leovold keeps other players from getting to play.
>>
>>50827724
>>50827767
Gatherer Advanced Search is your friend
>>
>>50827896
Well no shit you can just search "ALL THE CARDS IN MY COLOR IDENTITY" but there's some neat techy cards you'd never just randomly find in a Gatherer search
>>
>>50825237
Tap effects make him unblockable.
>>
>>50827917
>Advanced
>>
>>50828160
Okay, does 'advanced' turn it into some kind of suggestion tool, or just give you more fucking Boolean search boxes?
>>
>>50828213
Barring card art, you have a way to filter for any type of card you imagine. Just spend some time setting your parameters. It's not that arcane.
>>
>>50828160
You're still going to miss shit - especially if you don't even know certain things exist. But yes, it does help.
>>
>>50827917
The "MTG Familiar" app has a search by color identity option.
>>
>>50828276
No, the gatherer intentionally neuters searches for various MLD and other unfun things. You wouldn't know they exist if you searched them, but you'll be able to see them by fluke chance on occasion.
>>
>>50826927
Personally her art looks like stained glass and stained glass is always magical
>>
>>50828302
It's just a matter of aclimating. Garbage in, garbage out.
>>
>>50828334
[citation needed]
>>
How about this addition to Kingdoms to fit 7 players:

Wastes - If you would be the first player to lose the game, you win the game.
>>
>>50828448
>at the end of your turn, I cast intervention pact
>>
>>50828276
Okay, so it's literally just slightly better boolean search. Something you can already do with operators on magiccards.info and, AGAIN, there are cards that might go super super well with your deck that you wouldn't think to search for because they're worded a little oddly.
>>
>>50828467
Yeah, but 7 player Kingdoms is a pretty uncommon situation so pacts may not be too big of a deal.
>>
>>50828213
Just type in broad phrases at first and then type in keywords. Looking at the comments helps a lot too since people sometimes mention other cards.
>>
>>50828493
My argument is Gatherer is a tool that can find you any card for your deck, provided you are familiar with the game's syntax. Again: Garbage in, garbage out.
>>
>>50828589
I'm not arguing that. The problem is there are some obscure words that you would NEVER FUCKING FIND unless you knew them already because they have awkward wording, or if you used super-broad terms they'd be lost in a see of literally thousands of other cards. I'm not saying 'impossible', I'm saying it's impractical to offer a solution that only works if you know enough about the game to not need it.
>>
>>50827461
mine is creatureless control
>>
>>50815460
Is animar morph tribal fun /tg/?

It looks like playing the mystery box game could be enjoyable. There are some good payoffs for flipping creatures up and down.

Plus I get to play Muraganda Petroglyphs for value
>>
So, I played my Pia and Kiran Nalaar deck yesterday, and my fucking god, I never seen that deck be so oppressive. Pretty much started casting 2 to 3 Spine of Ish Sah by turn at turn 6 and tutored a panharmanicon to BTFO everyone.
>>
>>50828609
And Oracle text exists for that precise reason.
>>
>>50828710
I can't tell if you're fucking stupid or being intentionally obtuse.

There are some cards that have weird-ass wording that you would not find unless you knew what wording to search for. If you knew what wording to search for, you knew what the card was. Therefore, the search tool does not fucking help you.
>>
>>50828710
[list needed]
>>
>>50828706

I was hoping you had some pia and kiran related shenanigans going on but it sounds like you just had like a caged sun going and/or a lot of mana rocks
>>
>>50828609
>have to sort through literally thousands of other cards
That's hyperbole if I've ever read it. ~15K cards can easily be narrowed down simply by color identity and any given set of keywords.
>>
>>50821354
How do you like to spread the counters around?
>>
>>50828760
Okay, fine. But a lot of that 'narrowed down' could still be several hundred cards.

And for like the fifth fucking time, you intentionally-ignoring-the-point dullard, some of the 'secret tech' cards are the ones that don't come up with common keywords. If you knew what words to search to find those weirder techy cards, YOU WOULDN'T NEED TO FUCKING SEARCH FOR THEM
>>
>>50828757
I had no mana rocks whatsover

Just Krark-Cland Ironworks, Conjurer,s Closet and Semblance Anvil with a Paladium Myr imprinted.

So yea, Conjurer's closet was quite Shenanigan-y with Pia and Kiran Nalaar
>>
>>50828805
And how exactly is that casting you 3 Spines a turn? Blink Pia/Kiran with Closet for 2 Thopters, pop those for 4 mana, even with Anvil that's not enough to cast Spine ONCE, let alone 3 times a turn.
>>
>>50828860
Yea, because I didn't have lands or anything.

tap 3 lands, sac a thopter: cast Spine. Sac Spine, one thopter, tap land, cast spine. Sac Spine, Sac another useless artifact (Wellspring in this case), tap a land, cast Spine
>>
>>50828901
Still seems silly and flukey.
>>
>>50828901
Oh, okay. So your 'oppressive' deck had a six card artifact 'combo' that destroyed 2 or 3 permanents a turn and was insanely easy to disrupt. Cool.
>>
>>50828919

It's not easy to disrupt when you don't have lands anymore

and I didn't say my deck was oppressive. I said that game was. and trust me, it was.
>>
>>50825280
This guy gets it.

Although, I also love Lord of Tresserhorn for that double slap action.
>>
File: skeptical-woman.jpg (426KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
skeptical-woman.jpg
426KB, 1440x900px
>>50828943
>It's not easy to disrupt when you don't have lands anymore
>you can play one land per turn
>you can only destroy 2 or 3 permanents
Doesn't seem very good anon. I get you want to tell us cool stories, but play more edh if you want people to be impressed.
>>
>>50828803
>if you don't know how to use a tool, it won't work the way you want!

wew
>>
>>50829003
Do not suggest a slightly-better search engine which requires you to know what you're searching for as a tool to discover new things.
>>
>>50828943
>and I didn't say my deck was oppressive.
"I never seen that deck be so oppressive"
>>
>>50829025
''I never seen that deck be so oppressive''

Which means, to anyone who isn't a mongoloid, that the deck isn't oppressive. Thank me later for helping to learn :)
>>
>talking about this fucking convuluted spine when you have Spine + Sculpting Steel + Krark-Clan Ironwork
>>
>>50829038
You literally said the deck was oppressive.

Those were your exact fucking words, were that the deck was being oppressive.
>>
>>50829020
>I want a machine to read my mind

Just come with some idea of the interaction you're looking for holy shit.
>>
File: 8liW1A7bZFll.jpg (32KB, 594x325px) Image search: [Google]
8liW1A7bZFll.jpg
32KB, 594x325px
>>50829038
>insert snide reply insulting your intelligence and rhetorical flourish
>due to catastrophic levels of butthurt you proceed to spam up the thread like some kind of retard
>some anon takes your not-quite-serious serious posting serious, and you flail spaghetti for 3 hours
Yes yes, we all know what's going to happen. Just skip to the part where you pretend like minor internet embarrassment never happened the next day and we'll all be happy.;
>>
>>50829065
IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT FUCKING WORDS TO SEARCH FOR, YOU WILL NOT FIND THE FUCKING CARDS

IF YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT WORDS TO SEARCH FOR, YOU KNOW WHAT FUCKING CARDS TO USE
>>
>>50825237
Grafted Exoskeleton, Conqueror's Flail.

>>50816036
The only way to do this imo is to metagame. Give us a description of your metagame's power level and common decks. Then we'll spit up something that murders it.
But remember, the thing that makes them feel unfair isn't the nature of an infinite deck, but its power. If you find another way to solve your metagame, either people will adjust, and then your deck will be bad, or whatever it is you find will be just as oppressive as infinite combo.

Good starting questions, though:
Have you tried stax?
Have you tried running 30 wraths?
Have you tried aggro?
Have you tried voltron?
How about Edric?
>>
>>50829081
Thats like coming to EDHG and saying "Im looking for a card" with no other information. You must know something about what you're looking for. You're just being lazy by saying there's no way to refine your search.
>>
>>50829154
Stop. Clearly he's irrational, but right in the sense that Gatherer is an ivory tower design that rewards people for knowing what they're looking for.

>>50829081
Stop. He's right in the sense that if you can articulate yourself well, you should be able to find things you need.
>>
>>50825222
I used to run a Thada Adel, Acquisitor voltron before switching to Meme-Narch control.

I ran a bunch of artifacts for ramp then a good pack of equipments to pump up thada.

It was okay but really only shined when I could take advantage of the island walk.

Another player at my shop uses that Horsemanship commander that is similar to what I ran.
>>
>>50829081
Jesus christ you are fucking retarded.

It's not gatherers fault that you are incapable of articulating yourself in any way.

>I want some fancy new tech for my deck
>EDHrec isn't doing it
>what could work for my deck?
>It's a token deck.. let's search for the word "token" within my color identity
>Scroll through some pages
>Oh wow, I didn't know about that card! Lets try it out!
>>
>>50829102
Stax and wraths, no. Not my idea of a good time, nor anyone elses'
Group's powerlevel is pretty low.
>>
File: 1480188737218.jpg (56KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
1480188737218.jpg
56KB, 355x355px
EVERYONE SHUT UP

YOU'RE TEARING THIS FAMILY APART
>>
>opponent has three 1/1s and a 3/3 on the table and nothing else
>pass without a blocker
>triumph of the hordes
>lose

oopsie haha
>>
>>50829280
WE'RE ALL ADOPTED ANYWAYS

You know what would be cool? Building a deck for every member of the sengir family. Too bad they are awful except baron.
>>
>>50827917
you can generally do pretty well if you have a specific effect in mind, only problem is you're missing cards that phrase it different
>>
>>50829683
But anon, that's a sorcery.
>>
>>50829748
i passed my turn since i thought three 1/1s and a 3/3 werent worth board wiping
>>
>>50825237
>>50828122
Tap is good, but what's better? Protection. Suite of swords, maybe tuned to your meta, is fantastic. Trophy Mage will aid you there too once it's out.

I actually run a Voltron Tromokratis deck, the first time I've had fuckloads of fun playing blue. Still tweaking it from an unfocused tribal/stax/voltron mess to a well-oiled machine. You do want to run some tap effects, but without going overboard, avoid the trap of too many sorcery-speed ones. Telekinesis is cute as fuck.
>>
Anybody here every try a Kaho, Minamo Historian deck? He seems fun but might be too janky if you don't just to a high tide deck.
>>
>>50830488
*do
>>
>>50815290
Is shirei actually fun or is this list memeing me? Anyone got a list?
>>
>>50824247

Are you retarded or...?
>>
>>50830572
Not him but Reins of power seems actually quite great in response to blasphemous act.
>>
>>50828493
Honestly I purposely make my searches more general or vague to find tech.
>>
>>50830653

Switches all monsters while everyone is still taking 13 dmg. Context is important

I don't know how that one card alone is enough to mess up blasphemous act
>>
>>50830653

Not sure how
>>
>>50830653

Thinking of mizzium mortars?
>>
>>50830523
If you wanna do shadowborn apostles, take athreos; he gives you access to white and a lot more political potential. (Here my current budget-ish list for example http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/atheros-apostles-10/)
You can basically as soon as youve got atreos out and you can sack apostles start to target the weakes palyer on the table (or in my case, they guy with Feildar Sovereign in his deck), until he is no longer able to deny you the apostles, and you can basically force him to give you all 6 back every time. With a phyrexian altar and any 1 mana creature+blood artist, you can take out a player entirely as long as any other player on the table gives you back your dying creature every time
>>
File: DC_-_Sorceress_Sprite.gif (348KB, 165x217px) Image search: [Google]
DC_-_Sorceress_Sprite.gif
348KB, 165x217px
What are some necessary cards to building a spellslinger commander? Never built one before and want to try it out myself
>>
>>50830803
If you're ok with pulling hate, try mizzix or Melek.
If you dont like Blue, look into Green Red Wort.
Jeleva is fun as long as you go for big spells done cheap instead of the "competitive" storm build.
>>
>>50830803
It's important to have a good balance of "whenever you cast an instant or sorcery" wincons like Sphinx Bone Wand and Guttersnipe and little cantrip spells to trigger them consistently.
>>
>>50830803
mostly mana to cast those spells, and carddraw/recursion to keep casting them.
>>
>>50830803
Cabal Coffers
>>
>>50830572
>>50830721
>>50830739
I think that the Guy1 was talking about using Reins in response to Guy2's Blasphemous because Guy1 had Dralnu on his field. That way Guy2 had to sac 13 permanents.
Just a guess.
>>
File: 57649_200w.jpg (32KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
57649_200w.jpg
32KB, 200x285px
>>50830955
>>50830803
>>
>>50829759
And that is usually going to be the right call, you just got blown out.
>>
>>50827117
Malfegor Hellbent. Do it.
>>
>>50830721
>>50830739
>>50830752
No, see this: >>50830963

The context was that the other dude replied to a dralnu image.

So the one casting act has to sac 13 and you get dralnu back at the end of the turn.
>>
>>50827724
>for winning decks

How on earth would that shit be recorded for EDH games? Use card search engine like a reasonable and thoughtful person.
>>
>>50829689
Challenge accepted, assuming some anons want to lend a hand?
>>
>>50831461

>you get dralnu back

So he's indestructible?
>>
>>50831461
That's actually pretty great
>>
File: Slobad-Header.png (588KB, 733x420px) Image search: [Google]
Slobad-Header.png
588KB, 733x420px
What should I add/cut? What super secret tech should I slam in this thing?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mono-red-goblin-artificer/
>>
>>50831728
Mycosynth Lattice + Karn, Silver Golem = explode your opponent's lands.

Similarly: Mycosynth + Darksteel Forge + Nev's disk = one sided wipe of all permanents.
>>
>>50831771
I'm actually trying to avoid Darksteel Forge so I don't draw mega-hate the second it drops. Also because it makes Slobad redundant and I don't want to play Daretti as the commander
>>
>>50831666
MTGTop8 does it, but it's hard without tournaments to go off.
>>
>>50831695
He instead of taking the damage makes the owner sacrifice 13 permanents. The sacrifice replaces the damage.
>>
>>50831827
Valid, I still think you'll find Mycosynth Lattice + Karn, Silver Golem to be spicy Tech.
>>
>>50831666
Well, ideally you'd have a client record wins and then send the data to an aggregate site.
>>
>>50831933
Oh I do, that's super tasty
>>
>>50831827
KURKESH
U
R
K
E
S
H
>>
>>50832001
He's in there
>>
>>50831855

Ohhhh
>>
>>50831827
The pro of darksteel forge is that you can just shrug off most of their hate because all your shit is indestructible.
>>
>>50832170
I know. It just seems like a winmore card to me, and I like the MacGyver aspect of Slobad too much to make his ability completely useless once Forge is out.
>>
>>50832278
>completely useless

A free sac outlet is very much the opposite of useless.

There's been countless times when just having the ability "sacrifice a permanent" with no added benefit has been crucial to winning a game.

That, and Slobad still protects from exile, by sacrificing the artifact they target.

It's also very much NOT a win-more, as it is a crucial part of a win condition, like blowing up the table using mycosynth + pulverize, jokulhaups, or locking down the table with Nevinyrral's Disk.
>>
>>50832327
Those are pretty good points. I'm tempted now.

What would you drop it in for?
>>
Someone please recommend a mono red Commander that isn't goblins (Including purphorous) or artifacts (including equipment)
>>
>>50833172
Lovisa Coldeyes
>>
>>50833172
Rorix Bladewing
>>
File: 204.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
204.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>50833172
The original Z-Daddy

I really want to bring this guy back into my rotation, but it takes so long to set up so your Dragons don't get exiled
>>
So I'm just starting to get in to magic and have played a few games with my buddies deck but now that I'm looking to get my own deck I was checking out archetypes. I've always loved the idea of tribes even when all I did was fuck around with my friends decks, so I think I will be playing something like Slivers, cause they seem really fun and I found this deck on tappedout that's only 40$ but I've heard the mana base is supposed to be very expensive for it so isk if it's any good, I'll link it here if anyone has any thoughts http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budget-sliver-overlord-40/
>>
File: 149.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
149.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>50833172
>>
>>50833172
Hidetsugu
>including equipment
Well fuck you too then
>>
>>50833291
Slivers won't fly under the radar at all, people will immediately try to hate you off the table and with good reason. Too many of those little fuckers and it just snowballs to hell.
>>
>>50833291
Slivers is fun, but tough because you want to play five color which means either you're going to be slow or lucky or you're going to foot the bill for good lands.

And >>50833335 is right. They will hate you right off the table many times. You might consider one of the more mono or two-color tribes, like goblins or elves.
>>
This will be my first real deck, I bought the Yidris precon but I am not as big of a fan as I thought I would be.

>>50833192
>>50833243

A tribal would be cool and a potential Voltron would be even better.

Maybe I will try Rorix then, dragons are cool.

>>50833306
My friend recommended ashling but it seemed really reliant on equipments and just comboing out.
>>
>>50833384
The Yidris precon sucks ass and needs substantial retooling to work consistently. Not to mention he's just not that good.
>>
>>50833286
meant to add you to >>50833384

Zirlan looks awesome. I think he would play well with my friends. We all started off with precons recently but only myself and one other got ones from this year.

There is also a Sydri (Esper Artifacts), Mizzix (the Izzet precon experience commander) and Mono Black Planeswalker commander.
>>
>>50833432
Zirilan is extremely fun, but if you want to keep your Dragons out of exile after you fire them out, he does require a few artifacts that shuffle things back into your library. I also recommend sac outlets and Elixir of Immortality.

Alternately, you blitz out your Dragons late-game and finish everyone off.
>>
>>50833495
I don't mind using artifacts I just don't want that to be the main theme of my deck.

My group has already started upgrading their precons but I've held off and could probably drop ~$200 for a good base deck.

I am checking out the dragons now and there are some great ones. It is the perfect type of deck for me, just throwing big creatures at people.

We usually play multiplayer games of 3-5 people, will dragons still work?
>>
>>50833370
My one friend is giving me the elevator pitch on demons but idk if im sold, theme means a lot to me and they don't quite feel right, might change if I see em played though, I should look it up
>>
File: 1395178269761.jpg (27KB, 299x300px) Image search: [Google]
1395178269761.jpg
27KB, 299x300px
>Sheldon has cancer
Guys, who inherits the banlist if Sheldon becomes the literal Spirit of EDH?
>>
>>50833597
Wotc will try to shoehorn in finally and fuck everything up
>>
>>50833554
The only drawback is how expensive they are to cast. If you can't protect Zirilan you might be hosed.
>>
File: RIP.png (3MB, 1658x1789px) Image search: [Google]
RIP.png
3MB, 1658x1789px
>>50833597
We, the people, will seize the means of production
>>
File: 178.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
178.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>50833561
Never much cared for demons, myself.

The other five color deck I've always wanted to run is Horde of Notions. Just sounds fun.
>>
>>50833597
Gonna need a source on this shit
>>
>>50833649
So not to beat a dead horse with my obsession with tribes...but how viable are elementals? Also are rats any good? Marrow gnawed looks good
>>
>>50833704
Gnawer* fuck mobile
>>
>>50819915
Here's your ((you))

On off chance you really are retarded, the Duel EDH rules are completely fucked at this point. I thought about creating a French Rules deck but when they got rid of commander damage I dropped it. I kill niggers on the reg with Lord of Tresserhorn.
>>
>>50814307
How necessary would you guys say is Glacial Chasm in the deck?
>>
>>50833704
Nottafuckinclue.

Really, never played it myself. There's plenty of Horde of Notions on TappedOut, that's for sure. I think a lot of it probably depends on your meta.
>>
>>50833649
I've wanted to make a Horde of Notions deck for a while too. Only problem I've found is the mana base since it can be fucking expensive (especially with all the saclands, shock lands, and dual lands you have to run). Any have any ideas how to run it without having to pay hundreds just for a mana base?
>>
>>50833704
Pretty fun actually. I love me some elementals, especially seeing how varied they can in be in terms of effects and abilities. You can get stuff from card draw to life gain to recurssion to control to stompy shit. I love it.
>>
>>50833704
We have a rats player and he can have up to 60 Relentless Rats in his deck or an actually wel crafted singleton deck. It is a ton of fun and does some good work at our table.
>>
>>50833561
The only correct way to play demons is with 30+ Shadowborn Apostles in your deck
>>
File: 1477075540748.jpg (102KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
1477075540748.jpg
102KB, 675x900px
>>50819109
1.) Mostly infinite mana combos with untap stuff: Selvala HotW, Krosan Restorer, Argothian Elder. I'm considering Wirewood Channeler as a mana dork since there's so many elves in the deck so far.
Untap stuff: Vigean graftmage, Freed from Real, Pemmin's Aura
The finisher is Sage of Hours, Triskelon, Kalonian Hydra, or pump Kraj for commander if I'm SUPER desperate. Treskelavus was considered for a bit but I don't have a spot picked out for it yet.

There's also a proliferate subtheme because I do run Viral Drake and other mass proliferate for players who have big and or wide ground armies. I'm trying to squeeze in a Planeswalker or two since I plan on going slightly heavier on Proliferate in the future.
2.) Most of my ramp is creature based so I added ramp counters like Plasm Capture and Mana Drain. Ramp spells are value things like Far Wanderings, Kodama's, Urban Evo, and Journey to Discovery. Still a weak area.
2b.) Rhystic Study, Inspiring Call, Give / Take,Fathom Mage...Most of my card draw is tutors because of a fast play group. Anything you can use to eat counters for cards can help.

Animation Module seems real good when you add in Gilder on Planeswalkers. You can Ult most of them on your next turn if you have both out.

A big thing is how explosive you can get with Kraj on a turn and a good hand. Example:
Unblockable 1/1. Kraj adds a counter and animation module does one too. +2/+2. Double with Gilder (after Cryptolith Rite tapping for mana) +4. Double with Vorel. +8. Untap on your turn. Hit it with animation and Kraj again +10. Double with Vorel +20. Double with Solidarity of Heroes +40. Tap Gilder using Cryptolith Rite then double up counters +80 unblockable.
Even that sequence isn't optimal because Kraj could just tap using Vorel's ability then untap itself with Gilder's ability if they had counters on them. All you need is a target for those counters.
>>
File: autism.jpg (117KB, 960x535px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
117KB, 960x535px
>There's this guy who goes to my FLGS who is just the worst kind of autistic.
>Like zero social skills, talks about hentai with children, pops boners whenever a girl is nearby and gets uncomfortably close.
>He's a complete weeb obviously.
>Get a ping from my FLGS's facebook, thinking there might be some event or the owner posted a joke.
>No, it was him. "The Dragonlord", as he likes to be called, posted a set of commanders he made, based off of those Ravnica guild lolis.
Just look at them. I scoured them, completely sickened and fascinated by their design. He said "They were all designed with their guild's power attuned to them." Just take a look. I had to share this. I think Golgari and Dimir are my favorites.
>>
>>50834676
is this an image for ants
can't make out shit
also little girls are the best, especially when they're turbosluts
>>
File: 1481618538657.jpg (13KB, 240x150px) Image search: [Google]
1481618538657.jpg
13KB, 240x150px
>>50834676
>that golgari one
>scavenge
>ability is just target creature has infect

WHAT TARGET CREATURE?
>>
File: alex.jpg (23KB, 318x335px) Image search: [Google]
alex.jpg
23KB, 318x335px
>>50834676
>that busted first activated ability on the Gruul loli

That is a Gruul player's wet dream.
>>
>>50834676
-Izzet is just as awful as the two Izzet partner commanders released.
-Rakdos warps reality around it. Play commander turn 3. Dump 15 power worth of demons on the field on turn 4.
-Do the Orzhov and Golgari abilities even work properly?
-They either warp reality when they are on the battlefield or do pretty much nothing. Needs an original idea in there.

2/10. Disappointed that an attempt at lolis would not have them sacrificed repeatedly in Golgari Stax. Everyone loves Reprocessing Lolis into something useful.
>>
File: 1418781234114.jpg (53KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1418781234114.jpg
53KB, 500x400px
>>50834676
>The Orzhov one has Haunt, but no ETB ability that goes with Haunt so it just exiles itself pointlessly.
>>
File: 1412112170369.png (13KB, 381x380px) Image search: [Google]
1412112170369.png
13KB, 381x380px
>>50834676
Dimir is just fucking stupid. Why does it have a * toughness that doesn't synergize with its other abilities? What is Dimir about this besides the rogue creature type? The only thing I could see this being used for is politics at the table with its second ability.
>Hey guy with Blightsteel! You see that token/combo/pillowfort player over there? If you attack him, I'll make sure he can't block!
But that's it.
>>
File: 1457575369428.jpg (39KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
1457575369428.jpg
39KB, 500x348px
>Finished a Daretti deck because I wanted to do artifact shenanigans.
>It's pretty typical list, not one of those super expensive ones, but an upgrade to the precon with a few infinite combos.
>In the few games I've tried, I've lost horribly.

Man, I know he is supposed to be a very powerful build-around but it is a tough deck to steer. You have to know the perfect order to put things into your graveyard, discard, return to battlefield, and so on...
>>
File: 1481503021811.png (223KB, 335x506px) Image search: [Google]
1481503021811.png
223KB, 335x506px
>>50834676
what the fuck am i reading
>>
File: 1424763617434.gif (2MB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
1424763617434.gif
2MB, 550x309px
>>50834967
The future of Commander, anon. The TRUE spirit of Commander, anon.
>>
>>50827461
Do a Knight Tribal deck. It wont be op or anything, but it should be goofy fun.
>>
File: tmp_570-Image.ashx(4)1428530488.png (148KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_570-Image.ashx(4)1428530488.png
148KB, 223x311px
Hey /tg/, I am getting the new Yidris deck, and after I play it a bit and then rip it apart, I want to use Yidris to make a tribal deck. I know ogre tribal would be garbage, but my meta is garbage. I rule them with an iron fist using a skeleton tribal deck. So can I make ogre tribal work? If not, can I do something interesting and tribal-ish with him?
>>
>>50835943
eldrazi tribal
>>
File: Titania's Boon_US.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Titania's Boon_US.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>50828762
Lots of graft creatures, pic related too.

I also am able to kraj +horseshoe crab if need be. There are plenty of ways to spread it around.
>>
>>50835961
Your heart is in the right place for sure, but I think that would be too much for my nooblets. I need to be on their level. My Nath elves tribal is more or less banned forever.
>>
File: trash goblin.jpg (8KB, 196x257px) Image search: [Google]
trash goblin.jpg
8KB, 196x257px
>>50834965
Practice makes perfect! Just keep playing it, you'll get the hang of it. All decks steer differently, dont beat yourself up over it. The important thing is youre enjoying yourself, and the rush of tuning and tweaking a deck you like and want to run smoother.
>>
>>50835943
Ogre tribal isn't worth the attempt, anon. Unless you REALLY love them, I wouldn't bother. This is coming from a guy who has a built cephalid tribal deck
>>
>>50835997
>>50835943
Sphinx tribal since you're in blue
>>
>>50836041
Sphinx is on the table. That could be interesting to build.
>>50836031
I see what you are saying, and I know it would just be hot trash, but when I am doing bouts of 1v1 against people who are mtg challenged, it is good for me to find stupid ways of defeating them.
>>
>>50831461
>>50831855
>Implying they wouldn't sac Dralnu
>>
>>50836139
Oh, and adding, they can just sac all their creatures (yours) to his ability, since they aren't dead by that point.
>>
>>50836071
Hey, if the meta is right, give it a shot! I'm sure it's budget, too
>>
>>50836230
You make a good point. It can't cost more than 50 bucks to get all the ogres I want.
>>
So... new thread?
>>
>>50837001
Go make one you lazy fuck.
I can't be arsed to make another /edhg/
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.