[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kicking Players/that Guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 38

File: Marisa.jpg (52KB, 349x382px) Image search: [Google]
Marisa.jpg
52KB, 349x382px
Had to kick my first player ever today.
>She had decided to go alone to attack some gangsters who weren't harming her in any way, for no reason.
>gets captured due to bandits getting lucky rolls with crossbows despite her caltrops.
>Tied to a chair and asked if there is anybody to pay a ransom
>tires to kill herself but can't
>bandits tell party to pay 2000 for her back. This is still low level, so they can barely scrape it together with a friendly npc's help
>they make the exchange, and she swears revenge
>goes home and kills herself in-character
>I give her a warning, with her boss appearing in a magic vision telling her to man up
>finishes herself off anyway, putting party back 2000 gold.

Now, maybe I was just short tempered because I found out today my family is putting one of our dogs down after christmas, but I finally told her to leave my game. This is not the first time her outbursts have cost the party time and resources, and it was ruining everyone else's fun, which is against my cardinal rule.

So the other players fed her corpse to a friendly ghoul and sold her gold-runes bones (established a while ago) to recoup the cost.
>>
>>50799601
Mother fucker, you just can't let me even try to move on can you.
>This is not the first time her outbursts have cost the party time and resources, and it was ruining everyone else's fun, which is against my cardinal rule.
What cause I killed a goblin or tried to take an apprentice?
>>
>>50799601

Sounds terrible man, but can I get a source on your OP pic?

>>50799649

Oh shit...
>>
>>50799681
I asked to let the character die, but Choo choo mother fucker.

And here, its part of an image set.
>>
>>50799681
You can ask her. It is her character art for roll20.
>>
File: Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>
>>50799649
Nah, it's cause you do the dumbest shit and expect everyone else to play along-Chernin
>>
>>50799709
Which is why I tried to have the character that didn't fit with the party die, because I was tired of it but nooooo
>>
>>50799701
Why would the party let her die? The gang was offering to return her for a ransom, and we agreed to it.
>>
>>50799727
here's the thing, we had no reason IC not to try and save her. Even if she suicided, IC it was a dumb decision. Characters can learn from their mistakes, they don't have to sudoku.
>>
>>50799701
Assuming you're the player, did you want the character to die because you didn't like the class or personality of what you made? Or because the DM (in your eyes) was railroading the group to stick to his plot?

Why not just retire the character and turn them into an NPC, leave them as a source for information and new plot hooks?
>>
>>50799701
I paused your suicide for a moment to ask if you were really sure, and to make you aware of the consequences. And when you called it railroading, I let you go through with it.

Sadly, I feel that this means Fridays are off as well. Which is a shame, because I would still want to be your friend, once you've calmed down.
>>
>>50799735
>Why would the party let her die?

I figured you hated you, you acted that way at least.
>>
>>50799727
If you wanted to change characters, you should have said so, and not just fucked around being retarded.
>>
File: NnoGhN1.gif (1MB, 350x191px) Image search: [Google]
NnoGhN1.gif
1MB, 350x191px
>>
File: popcorn-blank.gif (702KB, 399x299px) Image search: [Google]
popcorn-blank.gif
702KB, 399x299px
Wait, is everyone here now?

GM, kicked player, other players?

Was this an ERP? Are you looking for more players?
>>
>>50799744
>Assuming you're the player, did you want the character to die because you didn't like the class or personality of what you made?
Yeah it was a lawful evil criminal that wasn't messing with the party, I fucked in a job and clatrops didn't save me as I ran, so I decided to let the character die.

I was unsatisfied with the build (multiclass and stats, I was talking to the DM about this OOC)

> Or because the DM (in your eyes) was railroading the group to stick to his plot?

There was no railroad until he wouldn't let me die.
>>
I don't even care if this is fake it's great.
>>
>>50799775
Not an ERP, I don't think, and I know the kicked player, the GM and me are here, the rest might be as well.
>>
OP is samefag confirmed
>>
>>50799745
>because I would still want to be your friend,
If that was true you wouldn't have kicked me and just have allowed me to roll up a new character LIKE I ASKED.
>>
>>50799784
Not fake, you may remember the last thread about her slitting a goblins throat when the goblins had surrendered.
>>
>>50799701

Mm, that's a very tasty pic, those bandits must've shown no small amount of restraint.

>>50799649

Regardless of any real or imagined roleplaying deficiencies you might have, you're a gifted artist, assuming you drew this.

You've all tickled my fancy, and I'd like to hear more of your story. I'll even mediate between the two of you, after all, it's not often there's a non-anonymous discussion on 4chan, and I can't think of a better place you two could settle your differences.
>>
>>50799796
nigga, if you wanted to roll a new character, you didn't have to do it in the single most retarded way imaginable.
>>
>>50799808
They were planning to sell her as a sex slave if her friends didn't cough up the gold.
>>
>>50799775
I don't mind if players bring sex in, but don't focus on it. Right now, though, we're good. Got a replacement from the waiting list already. Sorry.
>>
>>50799808
>assuming you drew this.
Fuck no.

>
You've all tickled my fancy, and I'd like to hear more of your story. I'll even mediate between the two of you, after all, it's not often there's a non-anonymous discussion on 4chan, and I can't think of a better place you two could settle your differences.
I'm willing to talk, but he kicked me so I don't think he is.

>>50799812
>you didn't have to do it in the single most retarded way imaginable
Yeah fine.
>>
>>50799808
There's like 5 of us here and he can't draw for shit.
>>
>>50799775
They already got a new player. (me)
>>
Hey remember that Rikku blowjob game
>>
>>50799843
Not the same one.
>>
The best thing to come out of this was the solid gold skeleton. And I just realized we could of traded some of it to Bony Stephan
>>
>>50799843

There were actually MULTIPLE Rikku blowjob games, Super Deep Throat, and there was a game that preceded that.
>>
>>50799859
I don't think it's solid gold. It just has gold runes on it, I believe.
>>
>>50799859
You are welcome

BTW it had runes etched in gold on it, it wasn't solid gold.
>>
>>50799859
It was bone with golden runes, not solid gold. Still worth a lot as a curio.
>>
>>50799872
Either way it was what reimbursed us.
>>
>>50799781
Ok, to my outsider DM eyes, this seems to me like a case of "failure to communicate." You (as the player) didn't like how things turned out with the character, but didn't communicate that with your DM and worked to find a way to solve this problem (retiring the PC, turning them into the BBEG, them just fucking off to do their own shit, etc.).

And the DM did try to figure out what was going on (him pulling you aside for a 1-on-1 talk), but didn't convey your concerns to him at this time.

And for the DM, you should also have asked that question to her, but inexperience or your rising frustration to the situation might've blinded you to her problems.

My suggestion to both is this: take a night to chill out, focus on something else, then talk the next morning/afternoon and see if you can't hash out a way to keep her in the game, probably by rolling up a new character and working with the DM on fixing any potential problems that might arise with the character's personality, alignment, etc.
>>
>>50799890
>but didn't communicate that with your DM and worked to find a way to solve this problem
I asked him to let me die.

Several times.

>My suggestion to both is this: take a night to chill out, focus on something else, then talk the next morning/afternoon and see if you can't hash out a way to keep her in the game, probably by rolling up a new character and working with the DM on fixing any potential problems that might arise with the character's personality, alignment, etc.

This is exactly what I want but I got kicked.
>>
>>50799890
As DM, I would be fine with the player coming back.. if the other players are. And at this point, I am not sure they will be.
>>
>>50799890
Addendum:

DM, you should have let her roll up a new character, because happy players almost always mean them investing more into the plot and group longevity.
>>
you know, I'm an absolute virgin when it comes to RPG, started my first ever campaign a few months ago with a friend of mine who's his first time GM'ing (this is deathwatch) and we bicker like a motherfucker, especially because he has a boner for dark angels and I am the team asshat 100% of the time

Myself and the rest of the killteam squabble because I'm an asshat with the way I play my character and I'm sure, if said friend were browsing this thread, he'd be the first to tell you

but we certainly don't go to "we're not on speaking terms any longer" over it. reading this shit really sours my mood man, it should never end up like this.
>>
>>50799916

No offense but "I kill myself" is such a terminal level edgelord tantrum that I would have kicked you, too.

There are better, more tasteful ways to go about things. "LET ME DIE" is not railroading, when your character doesn't get to decide that OTHER people kill her.

Really, it just sounds like you threw a tantrum. The accusations of railroading really fall flat, too.

A good GM -asks- when a player does something in the heat of the moment that they might regret.
>>
>>50799933
Ok, what made you not want her to reroll a character, was it just bad timing in terms of the plot location? It sounds like they were in a town or village, that's one of the best times to have a reroll occur. Better there than two sessions deep into the Underdark and hip-deep in some Drow shenanigans.
>>
>>50799954
It just felt the most in character.

I'm sorry if that was an issue
>>
>>50799937
The problem is that this isn't the first time, they've had multiple less serious outbursts that end up taking up anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour of OOC talk.
>>
>>50799828

>Yeah fine.

She admitted to not handling it the best way. Can the GM either let it go and stop beating off the dead horse? Either that, or the GM should admit maybe he also didn't handle things that well.
>>
>>50799971

>fuck up and get captured
>friends pay ransom

"LIFE ISN'T WORTH LIVING, I'M SLITTING MY THROAT"

what. Are you retarded?
>>
>>50799983
I got mad that one time the other PC attacked my PC, and I killed a goblin, is that really THAT unforgivable.
>>
File: 1473993187588.png (471KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
1473993187588.png
471KB, 680x453px
>>
>>50799968
It was literally right after us the party paid a ransom for her dumb ass being caught. 2000 Gold in early levels man. Everyone was in a sour mood because they were paying thier money for this, but we did it because it would make sense IC for all of this. Then Marissa first decides to get us t try and fight the bandits, and then when that failed, killed herself, making the entire endeavor pointless.
>>
>>50799971
... What made you feel this was the most in-character thing to do? You're a Lawful Evil alignment, that usually means you have some sort of ambition or goal in mind and damn the consequences, but you had two big fuckups and then get suicidal?

Sounds more like someone with delusions of grandeur and finding out that they didn't want to work that hard for their goals.
>>
>>50799991
Look I fucked up ok.

Sorry.
>>
>things don't go as expected
>I'll just kill myself

Sound logic. Jesus fuck you're playing a game where random dice rolls decide half the shit that happens. Roll with the punches instead of being a gigantic faggot
>>
>>50799997
do you mean to say you made your character kill a goblin because you (the player) got mad that a PC attacked your PC?

...because that's really garbage roleplaying.
>>
>>50799997
You forget the time with you wanting to walk a catatonic, can barely move kid into town.
>>
>>50800008
>someone with delusions of grandeur
Yeah that was always the character.

>>50800006
I never thought you'd pay the bandits, and you had the gold bones to make back the money.
>>
>>50800023
You mean when they sperged about comatose demon rape victims needing to be kept away from men?
>>
>>50800026
The only person that didn't have some IC reason to pay the bandits would be Krehoic, and that's because he was treated like shit by you. Of course we'd pay the bandits.
>>
File: considering.jpg (153KB, 480x546px) Image search: [Google]
considering.jpg
153KB, 480x546px
Player might have done some retarded shit, but a DM shouldn't make you resort to character death to switch characters. Just have your character fuck off somewhere else and bring in a new one.

As a side note, I hate it when DMs prevent my characters from dying. If the dice say I die, I die. If my character does some suicidal action because it's in character (I.E. charging a group of gnoll slavers because I'm a knight of justice) then just let them die.
>>
>>50800022
No my character executed a goblin after a pack of them attacked us.

Like about two session later she tries to take an apprentice the cleric wasn't having it but I had more charisma and crit the persuasion roll. The cleric decided to attack my character dropping her to 1 HP, my character called the guards and I complained out of character as I thought up till that point that PVP wasn't allowed.
>>
>>50799968
I have no problems with her rolling a new character. I simply wasn't going to have her drop dead while tied up by gangsters who've done hostage stuff before, and I wanted her to be clearly told by her magical boss that suicide would not be looked on kindly.

It is the disruptions of the game into ooc fights that bother me. Occasional salt and interparty drama is fun, but when the whole session is derailed it crosses a line.

Tomorrow we're going to reconvene and vote on whether to let her back in. That way, people have time to think. Either way, that character is dead and became a lemure, so she would need a new one.
>>
>>50800038
Yup. That exact one.
>>
>>50800048
>and I wanted her to be clearly told by her magical boss that suicide would not be looked on kindly.
Which only made her want to do it even more.
> but when the whole session is derailed it crosses a line.
I didn't want that either.

I did try to run.
>>
>>50799983
For prior OOC discussions, can either the player or DM divulge what they were over. Was it complaints about how one particular scene went down, or certain actions done by a party member? Was it Lawful Evil plans that went against the party's goal? Or just more arguing about petty stuff.

Unless this is some elaborate troll, I'd just say both sides fucked up, fix your mistakes and learn from them, and endeavor to be less harsh with in-game actions. God knows how hard it is to get a group for gaming in the first place, much less keeping the group together.
>>
>>50800046

that's not the issue, it seems? from what i'm reading, the booted player wanted to kill herself AFTER she got caught, as a way of escaping consequence. I guess in that sense, the DM could've just said "okay fine I guess they'll kill you" but it really is a method of weaseling out of failing at a poor decision.
>>
>>50800038
I was never actually salty about that, that's just me applying my irl experience and being a nerd going "actually..."
>>
You all sound awful.

Online RPGs, not even once...
>>
>>50800079
She said she wanted to get rid of her character through the bandit shit. I'm surprised they paid the ransom instead of just saving her.
>>
>>50800048
To me, this was a wasted opportunity to have the character be retired. They're bound up and trapped by the bandits, expecting the party to pay up or leave her for dead. Instead they go rescue her and do a ducking amazing job at it. This proves to the character that they aren't cut out for this kind of life and not wanting to admit to needing to be rescued and they go and retire. End session, with next week's session introducing her new PC.
>>
>>50799601
Honestly it sounds like you are the that guy.
>>
>>50800046
In my defense, she didn't have to die to switch characters. After the suicide was the first i heard about it. Even earlier today she was still talking about this build.

And I will let the dice fall as they may. I just give a warning when I see a player likely to do something that would get them killed. We had another player death a month ago, and it was all above board.

>>50800059
Case in point, she did try to run from the bandits, and even used caltrops and ball bearing. But they could still move at half speed, pull out crossbows, and loose.

>>50800075
The last big argument was over a different player doing something very stupid and this player taking it very poorly. Both were in the wrong, but they reconciled in the end. Of course, they reconciled after I told them that I do not like fighting at the metaphorical table and so they would either get along or one would have to leave.

I may be a bit strict at times, but at the core I don't like it when one person ruins the whole group's fun.
>>
>>50800047
oh, the 'and' denotes two separate occasions. Gotcha.

Dunno anything about your character, I'm gonna guess you thought that to be a choice your character would make in the moment, which is okay, I guess.

Otherwise, just sounds like a lack of communication. A lot of this stuff sounds like a lack of communication.
>>
Given that as a group I think we've talked as best we can for right now, how about some other "That Guy" stories? - the Paladin of the grup
>>
>>50800141
The players didn't want to rescue her, and were happy to pay the ransom (except the one she always treated like shit). And it could have gone down like that... if she told me she wanted to switch BEFORE slitting her wrists

like a reverse Blackleaf or something
>>
>>50800059
>Magical boss
A warlock I'm guessing? Maybe a Paladin or Cleric, but that doesn't fit with how some prior posts have talked about other stuff.
>>
>>50800180
Yeah I was tring to go blade pact.
>>
File: SKULL FACE.jpg (15KB, 288x432px) Image search: [Google]
SKULL FACE.jpg
15KB, 288x432px
>>50799838
SUCH A LUST
>>
>>50800180
Yup, she was a warlock.
>>
File: 1481356664589.jpg (51KB, 800x634px) Image search: [Google]
1481356664589.jpg
51KB, 800x634px
>75 posts
>19 posters at this time

Just what the fuck is going on?
>>
>>50800178
Yeah, I'd just say that both you (as DM) and the player made increasingly bad decisions fueled by emotions, culminating in this moment. Reset and chill down, admit both sides made mistakes and try to not constantly escalate vs. each other.
>>
>>50800232
General spat between players in a group that is mostly settled down. Got any "That Guy" Stories n the mean time?
>>
>>50800188
>going bladepact

Why?
>>
>>50799601
I'm about to kick a "that guy". He's from here. I should have known better than letting someone from 4chan into the group.

>Won't attack anything ever, only uses silent image and move earth
>Actively does retarded things to piss off the other players: Watched a party member getting gored to death by a unicorn while dancing and laughing in character.
>Uses invis every single time an enemy gets within 10 feet of him and LEAVES THE BATTLEGROUND
>Throws a fit if anything at all doesn't go his way. Literally gets mad if he's attacked.
>Reads the magic items he wants from the dmg when he goes to the magic item shop, minmaxer supreme, gets mad when he can't get what he wants.

I literally fucking hate this guy and he's only been in the group for 3 weeks. He pisses me off so bad that I've ended every session since he joined early and my only joy since his joining has been his tantrums when he doesn't get his way. He's responsible for the death of one other PC and the near death of two others.

I have tried so hard to be patient and accommodating but holy shit. This guy is cancer.
>>
>>50800232
TL;DR version:

Player kills their character in a game after a series of increasingly bad mistakes.

DM kicks the player for being "too edgy/That Guy," goes to vent on 4chan about it.

Turns out, that player is also on 4chan and sees the post.

Queue yackity sack music, as anons try to solve the problem.
>>
>>50800188

Blade pact warlock?

As in 5th edition?

Alright, I was originally of this anon's opinion >>50800248, but now maybe not. Please don't pick blade pact warlock.
>>
>>50800307
Apparently he was going for Blade Pact Warlock, Assassin Rogue
>>
>>50800307
It might be why she was looking to switch; realized that the combination of bladelock and her character's personality was too bad or too edgy.
>>
File: brofist.gif (4MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
brofist.gif
4MB, 450x253px
Why does your dog has to die though
>>
>>50800294
Less because of the edge and more because of the ooc disruptions, but yeah. We're resolved now. Going to vote on things tomorrow. Thanks, you all.
>>
>>50800352
It had cancer from what he said.
>>
Yeah. Communicate, talk, don't just WOLOLO your way through a game and piss other players off. That goes for every player, the DM, everything. It should be everyone's cardinal rule to have fun and go along for the ride, watch the story unfold, not just the DM's.

Fem "LET ME DIE" Anon, you're not a horrible person, honestly. You just gotta communicate better. And D. "THEY SURRENDERED" Master, I'm sorry about your dog, man. You're not a bad guy either. You just gotta get better at dealing with tumultuous developments like the ones described above.

I kinda wanna sit in on one of y'alls's sessions so I can experience quite what leads to this sort of disagreement because it's just not how it should end up.
>>
>>50800294
>Turns out, that player is also on 4chan and sees the post.
He posted a link.
>>
>>50800388
You're not going to get an internet gf out of this. Kys.
>>
>>50800352
I want to know this too.

Usually it's due to age or some disease. We had to put my dog down due to age and a degenerative disease making it so he didn't have cartridges for his joints, to the point where he couldn't stand because of the pain.

Was sad to say goodbye, but it was time, poor thing was barely able to move enough to go outside to pee/poop.
>>
>>50800406
I'm gay.
>>
>>50800413
Cartilage, stupid autocorrect.
>>
>>50800307
>Please don't pick blade pact warlock.
It was my first time doing 5e and it looked cool.
>>
>>50799601
>swears revenge
>kills herself
What was her endgame?
>>
>>50800413
He said it was because it has cancer and they just don't have the money to afford the chemo. It's really sad.
>>
File: 1412537665290-0.png (117KB, 912x649px) Image search: [Google]
1412537665290-0.png
117KB, 912x649px
>>50800413
Cancer. He had a good run, almost two years since he started developing symptoms. Always so full of energy, since he was a puppy. He was the youngest, and the other two are around 12 so they won't last much longer either.

And i'm half a continent away, so I can't even say good bye...

Anyway, onto That guy stories
>>
>>50800448
>What was her endgame?
It was ritual suicide for a curse.
>>
>>50800433
Admittedly there's only three bad choices out of the PHB for 5th edition D&D, and Bladelock is one of them, even if it doesn't seem bad to begin with.

The other two are 4 Elements Monk and Beastmaster Ranger, but WotC did publish updated rules for Ranger in one of their Unearthed Arcanas to fix the Beastmaster problem (and the class as a whole).
>>
>>50800466
I always wondered, was the "That Guy" the Elton John, or all the edgelords. What do you think?
>>
>>50800466
That sucks, sorry anon. It's especially bad if you can't say goodbye somehow... Maybe get one of the family to Skype you in for a final goodbye for the dog on Christmas?
>>
What the fuck is this thread
>>
>>50800266
Sure I got one

>got into 3.pathfinder with brother in law
>that dm runs a premade campaign, Rise of the Runelords or some shit
>we get the the point where we have to raid some goblin stronghold
>party is a cleric(me), fighter(bro), rogue, and barbarian
>we reach the stronghold and fight the chieftain of the tribe
>easily take down the chieftain due to getting crits
>after a short rest we continue into the stronghold and encounter the chieftain's second
>goblin does a charge on fighter, scores a crit and hits for 3d6+33(we are only lvl 2 at this point and the dm only allowed 15 point for stats)

Apparently the DM got upset that we easily took down chieftain and decided to double the level and feats of second to teach us a lesson in beating a hard encounter easily. We never played with him again obviously
>>
>>50800509
The DM.
>>
>>50799806
But that's what you do to goblins.
>>
>>50800566
That girl thread :D
>>
File: Doubt.jpg (10KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.jpg
10KB, 200x303px
>>50799601
Ya know, I normally fall into the "I want to believe" group, but I'm having a hard time believing that your disgruntled player found your post within 5 minutes and made the first post in-thread. I'm also having a hard time thinking someone would use character art like that for a normal, non-ERP game.

Gonna request some screencaps of the roll20 chat log m8, you said this was on roll20 after all. I hate to say "pics or it didn't happen", but yeah, if I don't see pics I don't believe it.
>>
>>50800795

it's not too out-there to think that, after the game ends with someone getting booted, they all wind up going to 4chan to destress. i've seen ex-GMs of mine post here within minutes of finishing a session too, but at least i have the decency to not say anything in a public forum about it, lmfao
>>
>>50800859
Still, I agree with him.
If real though the kicked player was a whiny retard.
>>
>>50800859
You're not wrong, and I've seen people I know bitching about stuff like this on 4chan as well. But the fact that upthread their responses were roughly a minute separate from each other is suspect, considering 4chan also forces you to wait a minute before you can post again.
>>
>>50800859
Just how popular is /tg/ specifically to table gamers? Most of the people I play with don't even know of this site and the one who does is mainly a redditor
>>
>>50800795
http://anonkun.com/stories/main-chatcommunity-hub-30/wbL7EYim79KFusTa2

You can ask here if you want proof. All players come from here, and the DM linked to this thread on here.
>>
>>50800932
It's hard to tell because everything else is shit (except parts of reddit, /r/worldbuilding is pretty good, but reddit has way fewer posts and comments because of its nature and the fact that /tg/-related things are split between various subs), but from what little I have seen of them Giantitp, Ensworld etc. aren't that big. 4chan is dismissed automatically by normies or whatever but I'd expect anyone that takes the hobby seriously to (have) frequent(ed) here.
>>
I'd boot anyone who was using a slootified version of Rikku from FFX2 as character art just out of general principal.
>>
>>50799843
Ooh I 'member!
>>
>>50800932

it's not that, it's more that this is a roll20 game so they're obviously heavy internet users to begin with.

but all in all? from all my anecdotes, most tabletop people have skimmed it out of curiosity for much the same reason one would skim any other 4chan board (because it's 4chan and you don't know what to expect) a few times every now and again.

i check this place maybe once a week and consider myself a heavy user. so maybe /tg/ nerds in general just aren't as spergish as we pretend to be.
>>
File: proof.png (55KB, 1527x390px) Image search: [Google]
proof.png
55KB, 1527x390px
>>50800795
Well, the warlock was pacted with a succubutt, and was generally pretty sexual. Lewd character art is sort of to be expected from that kind of character.

Here is a pic.
>>
>>Ok i lpst a battle with few conseauences my super speshul build failed so i sudoku, bcuz its ic
>>yeah, sure its railroady that i had to act in character.
>>yup dms horrible bcuz hr kicked me from the group due to me thrpwing a stereotypical tantrum.
Fucking kek.
>>
Nice fake story bro.

I love a good fake story.

Don't you love fake stories?
>>
You dumb faggots are all just falling for OP roleplaying as both the GM and the kicked girl (with a feminine penis).
>>
>>50802339
Is stories told on /tg/ being fake, even when there is evidence provided, an ebin maymay I'm not getting?
>>
And this is why I don't allow ladies into my group. or people who identify as ladies. or anything that isn't a MAN

Glorified Make Believe is a MAN's hobby!
>>
>>50799601
So wait, the DM kicks a player out because she wanted to roll up a new character, and then he has the gall to act like it wasn't entirely his fault?
>>
I love me some stale drama in the morning.

Thanks for this, OP. It's great.
>>
>>50801997
this here is what roll20 looks like?

Looks like a...well, a mess, truth be told
>>
>>50802491
That's what the chat logs look like.
>>
>>50802483
yeah looks like the gms fault
>>
>>50800585
Huh. I only increase a bosss hp mid fightif the party almost wipes it out on turn 1. I may double its HP, but I rarely touch any of its other stats. I always award about 1/4 to 1/3 more exp if I do that as well.
>>
>>50802442
"Evidence", oh yeah.

Why don't you go fondle OP's feminine penis?
>>
>>50799601
Yeah no. I don't believe somebody could be that terrible.

By which I mean you. Nice job samefagging,
>>
>>50802599
The OP is the DM though. The player the DM refers to as she in the OP is probably not a girl though.
>>
>>50800006
>Paying bandits
>Ever
>>
File: party_interacting_with_npcs.png (610KB, 646x904px) Image search: [Google]
party_interacting_with_npcs.png
610KB, 646x904px
Thank you for proving how trash Roll20 users are, both players and GMs.
>>
>>50800157
>Of course, they reconciled after I told them that I do not like fighting at the metaphorical table and so they would either get along or one would have to leave.

Watch this
https://youtu.be/nyIoh1QiW2g?t=2m10s
>I may be a bit strict at times, but at the core I don't like it when one person ruins the whole group's fun.
Seems like that person is you.
>>
>>50802771
You mean OP made everything up.
>>
>>50799601
>Vows revenge
>Suicides
????
Was the player high or drunk?
>>
>>50799806
Why would you do anything else?
>>
>>50799933
I'm surprised you have other players if you act like this much of a pretentious twat.
>>
>>50799986
>the GM should admit maybe he also didn't handle things that well.
That's an understatement.
>>
>>50799727
Who would want to play with someone who decides to go off for probably 20+ minutes alone hogging the spotlight and then randomly suicides when they meet a disadvantage?

Grow some self-awareness retard.
>>
>>50800006
>Not fighting the bandits

I hope none of you are lying to yourselves that you could ever be one of the good alignments.
>>
>>50803297
>Who would want to play with someone who decides to go off for probably 20+ minutes alone
Basically every group I've been in has had about half the players do this.
>>
File: [DESPAIR].gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
[DESPAIR].gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>50800141
>To me, this was a wasted opportunity to have the character be retired.
Something I've always struggled with is retiring old characters. There's some stupid pride thing at work where even if I know the DM would be cool with it, I work myself into this frenzy of 'what ifs'.

>What if the DM is planning something involving my skill set and I ruin it.
>What if another player is planning something involving my character.
>What if I regret it.
>What if etc etc...

And I just end up not being able to admit I want to retire them, which inevitably leads to lots of situations like this. It's something I think I see with a lot of players, actually.
>>
>>50799808
It's Rikku from FFX - 2. You know, the game where it's legal to do her. Reasonably sure.
>>
>>50803358
Yeah the player is far more mature than the that guy DM.
>>
>>50803319
It sounds like you have a good deal to learn before you can even begin to learn.
>>
>>50803477
That guy is lucky she wants to come back, frankly he doesn't deserve her.
>>
>>50799601
>Now, maybe I was just short tempered because I found out today my family is putting one of our dogs down after christmas,

Found the Planefag. Go back to running quests, you...you...double Greek!
>>
>>50799601
That's Rikku you fucking retard
>>
>>50800011
Dont say sorry, act like you understand what you did. We dont want to shame you, but what you did was annoying and destructive and nobody would want that to happen in their game.
>>
>>50802997
I mean, we didn't meet over roll20, but okay.
>>
>>50800141
I think that you're grounding this too much in the real world. Kidnapping and ransom are just a THING that happens in high flying fantasy. I think you're just grasping at straws, and doing a wonderful job of being creative about it.
>>
>>50803073
I believe her intent was to sacrifice herself to a demon in payment for cursing them, or something?
>>
>>50803573
Is that in this thread? I...I didnt even catch that detail...
>>
>>50803557
>We dont want to shame you
I'm not even part of the game, and I know this is bull.
>>
>>50803557
Forget about the drama here, I'd leave any game with you in it.
>>
>>50803575
Yep. It's in a screenshot here: >>50801997
>>
>>50803585
Fair enough. Improper use of "we". I dont want to shame them.
>>
>>50803603
The "broken knives" is the name of the gang she fucked with.
>>
File: 1412358203716.jpg (11KB, 236x316px) Image search: [Google]
1412358203716.jpg
11KB, 236x316px
Hey /tg/ this is a great time to sit everyone (not just the players of this thread but EVERYONE) and talking about the word of the day.

The word of the day is COMMUNICATION.

These are the type of problems you run into when you don't TALK about your PROBLEMS out of character.

Most non-autistic people can solve these issues without ragequitting or DM angst.

Sounds like the player didn't properly communicate their desire to roll a new character and sought extreme (unnecessary) measures. Similarly the DM also appeared to have dropped the ball on human communication.

So remember kids, don't be autistic and talk to your players, make sure EVERYONE is having fun.
>>
>>50800859
I go to post on chans minutes after ending a session too.
Although I post in goodfeels threads rather than thatguy threads.
>>
>>50803557
>Dont say sorry
You need to be at least 18 to be on 4chan.
>>
>>50803573
>That DM cherry picked information.
>>
File: 1465664098181.jpg (36KB, 511x509px) Image search: [Google]
1465664098181.jpg
36KB, 511x509px
>>50803610
>I dont want to shame them
>>
>>50799983
Given how you "behaved" over this incident I'd be willing to bet money those other are also on you.
>>
>>50803685
Did you not read the thread? She did ask.
>>
>>50799601
You know how I know this is samefagged?

The player would have quit on you.
>>
File: 1472155798409.png (76KB, 339x473px) Image search: [Google]
1472155798409.png
76KB, 339x473px
>>50799601
>I give her a warning, with her boss appearing in a magic vision telling her to man up
What?
>>
>>50799601
>despite her caltrops
You know that's specifically what caltrops are for right, letting players get away? Honestly you should write a book not be a GM.
>>
>>50800047
>I had more charisma and crit the persuasion roll

>Having PCs roll charisma checks against eachother
>being this shitty a dm
>>
>>50799601
> forces players to go below starting equipment for bullshit reasons like too much roleplay
> bitching about people not satisfied by that behavior
No one in this story is in the right, but goddamn are you autistic for bringing this to /tg/. You are a fucking nightmare for most players.
>>
>>50803585

It's not shaming if the person is never named and they willingly oust themselves on an Anonymous image board, anon.
>>
there is some next level roleplaying going on in here.
>>
>>50799701
Come the fuck on bitch, you got pissy and you know it.

Comedy gold. You swore revenge and then immediately killed the one responsible, yourself!

Where you playing as Ultron or something? Or the world's most emo kamikaze fighter? I'm gonna say not, you were just pulling a classic brat move "My character is put in a difficult situation, kill myself and create a new one". Pathetic, just stick to self-insert fanfic please :)
>>
Staged confrontation is, unfortunately, staged.

Thanks for the attempt at entertaining us OP.
>>
>>50799944
>he has a boner for Dark Angels
>I like to play asshates

Why don't you just play as a Dark Angel?
>>
>>50803524

Fuck off Mr Miyagi
>>
>>50799601
What was wrong with just letting the player die?
>>
>>50800448
Becoming a ghoul.
>>
>>50804298
It's not staged, all the players are from anonkun. The website where all the pissy questers went because they didn't want /qst/, these people are really that petty.
>>
>>50804212
They weren't rolling charisma against each other. They just both tried to convince the same npc of different things.
>>
>>50804393
I think everyone in the game was on akun long before the /qst/ shenanigans happened, but okay.
>>
>>50804409

That has no impact on anything, but ok.
>>
>>50804420
>The website where all the pissy questers went because they didn't want /qst/, these people are really that petty.
>it was before /qst/
>no relevance!!
Are you alright?
>>
>>50804238
Right, so the other guy is bitching. You're merely *clears throat*

Not Satisfied by That Behaviour (TM)
>>
>>50799601
You sound like a shit gm, 2k gold is an insane amount in most settings, going to assume this is pathfinder, for an average person cost of living is 10 gold per a month, an average human with a profession will make 7 gold per a week.
That means these people asked for nearly six years of an average persons income.
This is an unreasonable amount and the fact you put it on your players shows you just arbitrarily picked a large number to punish them then blame it on your player.
Refusing to allow your player to choose to kill a character is also shit, if you don't want to allow your players agency don't try to run a game, also what do caltrops have to do with lucky crossbow rolls?
Why did they kidnap her rather then leave her for dead?
Sounds like she was some shitty gyp looser, bandits should have just robbed her and left, that would have been a reasonable course of action.
>>
>>50804478
Setting is pretty big on slavery, the character was basically walking sex.
>>
>>50804439

Sorry, let me clarify

NO

MOTHERFUCKING

RELEVANCE
>>
>>50804502
Are you angry?
>>
File: 20yearslateryoustillwhy.png (193KB, 361x361px) Image search: [Google]
20yearslateryoustillwhy.png
193KB, 361x361px
>>50801997
>she actually used that fuckin art for her character
AhaahHhhahahhAHAHhahAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HOOOLLYYY FUUUCK
>>
>>50804502
I'm not even that anon, but...

>P = They went there because of /qst/
>Q = They are petty shitters
>IF P THEN Q
>!P

Q may still be true, but you no longer have evidence. That is relevant.
>>
>>50804507

I wasn't but after that tragic mis-delivery of "Umadbro?" I'm getting there.
>>
>>50804501
And was the character in question worth 2k as a slave? Going to go with fuck no.
Slaves go from
Common, 75 gold
Hard Labor 100 gold
Household 50 Gold
Specialized for 500 Gold
So was she worth four times a slave that can do a specialized task? going to go with fuck no.
>>
>>50804545
This is Dnd 5E. The character was a level 3 Warlock. Level 1 PC Classed slaves go for 500-1k gold on the markets.
>>
File: 1468980673515.png (325KB, 611x653px) Image search: [Google]
1468980673515.png
325KB, 611x653px
This entire fucking thread is just.... I don't even know man. But here, allow me to throw my feelings into this shit tornado:

The GM: if your player was truly acting full autismo, then by all mean you are allowed to kick them if you wish. But I see no reason why a quick side conversation as to why they were killing the character. It sounds to me like the player legitimately desired a change, and they felt their current character wouldn't be able to make that change. Just kicking them outright and then getting pissy on a message board is not a mature way to deal with the situation, they seem to want to right their wrongs, they should've been given a chance.to, and a player has every right to kill off a character if they wish, it's their character afterall. As for the resources: are you really telling me you couldn't come up with a way for the party to reasonably recoup that loss? A family inheritance, a lottery gift, something? You're the fucking GM. You say it, it happens. You could've easily made this a non-issue for the party.

The Player: I only know what I can see, but from what I've seen your actions make no sense at all. Nothing I've seen about this character makes me think they would just randomly off themselves after getting rescued by the party. I can think of a myriad of things you could've done with a character in this situation that would've involved them learning to better themselves, or to at least die in a more sensible fashion. But again, your character not mine, do as you like. What I will say is that I don't see why you didn't say something OOC to the entire group before doing this. You could've stated your intentions above the board before offing her, and that would've made it feel way better for everyone, and it would have (maybe) prevented all the drama.

All in all: You're both kind of wrong, use this as an opportunity to become less shit.
>>
>>50799775
Im' cool with sex between players but not between characters.
>>
>>50804587
The party did recoup their losses. They had their pet waifu ghoul eat the remains leaving her golden runed bones behind which they sold.
>>
>>50799806
No I fucking don't lol
>>
>>50800293
Good on you fella, scum like that doesn't deserve to live
>>
>>50800293
Sounds like worse than op's G(uy)irl
>>
>>50804587
I believe the DM decided to share this on here because the same player that was disrupting the game decided to share the prisoner dilemma (s)he'd been salty about for some time, a while back.
>>
DESU I think the player should really come out of this knowing that suicide is never an option. It's just shit tier roleplay, I remember that stuff from high rp ss13 servers, whenever someone had to deal with drama they would just off themselves, they started to get a name "Suicidal Space Lesbians", It's a real U G H sorta thing to do. And the DM should realize he's there to make it fun for everyone, let her deal with the fallout of losing her char. Sorry to hear of what happened
>>
>>50799601
DId you have them roll disadvantage like your supposed to for firing on a fleeing target?

It's one of those rules made to let players get away.

Like caltrops.
>>
>>50804528

Complete fucking gibberish.

Also, irrelevant.
>>
>>50804714
People like you are why suicidal people actually kill themselves as opposed to just thinking about it.
>>
>warlock
>paying bandits
This is why I don't play evil campaigns.
>>
>>50804599
So what, when a cleric player is blowing a fighter player do you just NOT assume it's a reenactment of the cleric performing their holy duty to keep the fighter well?

Fucking weirdo.
>>
>>50804778
The important thing is that clerics are lewd.
>>
>>50804786
This is true. Huzzah for lewd clerics.

now which one of you fine fa/tg/uys wants to tank for me? ;)
>>
>>50804816
I'd do it.
>>
>>50799601
>kicking players
>>
>>50804825
Do what?
>>
>>50804890
Play a tank for a lewd cleric.
>>
>>50801170
Prude.
>>
File: roll_seduction.gif (956KB, 500x229px) Image search: [Google]
roll_seduction.gif
956KB, 500x229px
>>50804907
Perhaps my hint needs to be clearer.

also contact info?
>>
>>50804977
You need to earn it.

[email protected]
>>
File: Yusufs Dillema.jpg (233KB, 585x883px) Image search: [Google]
Yusufs Dillema.jpg
233KB, 585x883px
>>50800509
The "That Guy" is inside all of us, Anon.
>>
>>50799806
Oh, it's THAT player.
I remember that thread. The player is a twat.
>>
>>50804439
He just wants to point fingers at something he hates.
>>
>>50804471
it's the GM's job to make sure this kind of stuff does not happen.

And I say that that both as GM and player. Last time the GM forced me to become 'That Guy' it caused a TPK, because guess what: if you ask people to roleplay, maybe they do roleplay after that.

OP wanted his players to munchkin. One starts roleplaying and he punishes the whole group. Where the fuck is he not bitching?
>>
File: min res default.jpg (258KB, 891x442px) Image search: [Google]
min res default.jpg
258KB, 891x442px
>>50805190
>Roleplaying

Character actually committed intentional suicide.

That is not how a healthy individual behaves. Normally, even insane and evil people want the best for themselves.
>>
>>50799601
You sound like a shit dm.
>>
Is it bad I wish I could join this game to watch it go flying off a cliff and crashing into something?
>>
>>50804572
are you high? that is pure bullshit. 1k is beyond any scaling.
Slaves are manly purchased as single manyears. Based on DMG and assuming this character to be the highest grade possible this will put her value at most at 500gp.

And even that is bullshit. Forcing players to pay that amount of gold for nothing of mechanical OR narrative value is just punishment, and no good GM just punishes his players. Especially if that brings them below the point where they started => a new character would be richer and therefore more powerful => a player notices that and throws her character away => how is the player at fault here?
>>
>>50805227
>Character actually committed intentional suicide.
You must have missed the part where it was part of a ritual to get petty revenge.
>>
>>50805227
>a healthy individual
>warlock
>>
>>50805227
>You have to play your character like I say you do.
>>
>>50805254
Petty, exactly. That's kinda dumb.

>>50805259
Warlocks are sane, they just take insane risks.

>>50805277
Well no, but it is generally accepted on /tg that players should not behave in such a way as to alienate the other players. They should engage in cooperative storytelling, and suck it up when things don't go their way.

If you violate these basic principles, hell yeah I'm gonna tell you where you're wrong. That's like flipping off a grandma crossing the street and expecting nobody to grab your hand and pull it down!
>>
>>50799806
why would you not slit a goblin's throat?

My last character slit a goblin's throat every single day, and goblins were friendly exchange students in that campaign.
>>
>>50805252
It seems similar to kismet values
www.kismetrose.com/dnd/MySlaveCosts.html
>>
>>50805300
>You have to play your character like I say you do.
>>
>>50805300
>suck it up when things don't go their way

this whole incident brought them below starting wealth, with no narrative progress whatsoever.

this was just a dirty move by a pissed DM to punish the group in the hope they would afterwards punish the individual player by peer pressure.

The player is a douchebag, and his reaction was less than acceptable, but the DM threw the first stone here.
>>
>>50805345
You have to
>not
play your character like I say you can't.

Because If I'm right and you're wrong, then you ruin the game for everyone.

But if you're wrong and I'm right, you gain nothing.

So why would I play with you if, on the rare occasion I object to something (like character suicide, which serves no purpose unless its to benefit the party, ie a famous last stand against a mummy so the others can escape) you ignore my objections, I fail to see why I'm the one who needs to change when I can simply not play with you, and leave it up to you to find someone to put up with your shit.

>>50805377
The dm could have handled it better by guiding the party to fight the bandits, but he gave them a way to rescue the player.

Money isn't that important, and lacking money is the whole reason people adventure in the first place!

The player is the one who screwed the game up, and bitched out of character.

IN addition, the dm has the power to forbid them from killing themselves, or making their suicide non-cannon. He could have exercised this right, but the player pissed him off too much.

You don't have to play your character like I say you do, but you do have to listen to your dm. Better or worse, they are the one who does the most for you, and has the most invested in the game world. You need to stay on their good side.
>>
>>50805252
Even as a devil's advocate, this entire post is just silly.
The worst part is how the poster is ignoring how the bandits are not selling a slave at a market place, but extorting a group of adventurers they believe care about the victim (and did enough to pony up a shitton of their own cash and borrow from others).
>>
>>50805434
>Money isn't that important, and lacking money is the whole reason people adventure in the first place!
You should stop talking now, wealth has always been an important part of the d20 systems balance.
Also the amount asked for makes 0 sense in character.
>>
>>50805461
It makes perfect sense, just the Test Fee for the mages guild in this setting costs 100 gold.
>>
>>50805434
>>50805497
>>50805227
Thanks for your input, DM. You can fuck off now.
>>
>>50805461
>Characters asked to pay more for another character than they are worth as a slave
>They pay it

Clearly, the amount asked for made sense if they actually paid it. Don't blame the shop if you're willing to pay $20 for a tube of toothpaste without complaining, blame yourself for not packing one.

and why does a game have to have perfect wealth balance. What is the point of looting treasures when its automatically expected that a level 1 character have x amount of gold, and a level 7 have another? where's the fun in that?

Do you really think that a character is worthless without an exact loadout of magic items? That's a big problem with the game, and its part of the reason I play older style with more improve and less ability bonus inflation.
>>
>Paying bandits
>>
>>50805461
Money can be an important motivator, but players having too much money could just make the party uninterested in taking on new jobs. As one of the players who forked out for Marissa's (the warlock) release, I don't really have a problem with how the DM handled it.
>>
>>50805563
We'd rather not piss off the criminal elements of the city, despite the warlock's best attempts at ruining that plan.
>>
>>50805571
>players having too much money could just make the party uninterested in taking on new jobs.
If you can't provide any sort of motivation for the players other than money, then you're a shit GM.
>>
>>50805611
>you have to dm the game like I say you do
>>
File: 1431346376939.jpg (73KB, 614x572px) Image search: [Google]
1431346376939.jpg
73KB, 614x572px
>>50805635
I didn't tell you how to GM the game. I bet you thought that was clever.
>>
>>50805665
Yo you gots ta dm da game like ah say you do Ya' dig?
>>
>>50804186
Caltrops are defeated by shoes. It says so in the item description.
>>
>>50805706
Is everything alright anon?
>>
>>50805727
Those are some garbage caltrops then, they should be able to go through the shoe and into your foot if they are sized properly unless you have iron sole shoes, and even then you could fall on them from stepping on a point and slipping.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 487x371px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 487x371px
>>50805782
yo dog you gotta fuckin do it n shit
>>
>>50805796
You don't have to get angry.
>>
>>50805727
>whenever a player tries to have something, I'll just find some technicality to make them not have it!
lol no wonder everyone jokes about tg DM autism
>>
>DM uses bandit-on-PC rape
Shit DM
>player uses sexdoll character avatar
Shit player
>>
4chan: Your Personal Blog
>>
>>50806293
>he didn't know
>>
File: damnnumbers.jpg (73KB, 598x542px) Image search: [Google]
damnnumbers.jpg
73KB, 598x542px
>>50799742

I agree with you though, no suicide in game. unless its l5r, cause then you know what youre getting into with the seppuku.
>>
>>50805603
Was the warlock playing a lawful good warlock?
>>
>>50805530
>Clearly, the amount asked for made sense if they actually paid it.

If they payed it for ingame reasons, which they probably didn't. Haven't heard of a group so lawfully good that they would do this for some NPC. For a PC on the other hand...
>>
>>50805603
> We'd rather not piss off the criminal elements of the city

What kind of lawful stupid idiots are you? Well, not even lawful stupid... just stupid.
>>
>>50806096
stop with this hatred against magical realm hentaifu characters.

It's the only thing good coming out of this shithole OP calls a campaign.
>>
File: OhDear.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
OhDear.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>50801997
>>50800795
>Leave thread thinking it's just OP faking for lulz
>Come back
>Actual screenshots
>Mfw

Okay, well in that case, let me toss my hat in on who messed up where, for what it matters.

DM, if the player wasn't enjoying their character and mentioned this beforehand (I dunno if she did or not, but if she did), then you should have sat down and worked with her to figure out how to fix things. If that meant changing the character's classes or just retiring the character and starting from scratch, so be it. A player shouldn't be forced to play something they don't want to, that'll just sour the mood for everyone involved. If she didn't mention that beforehand, I would have told her to chill out a bit when she started mentioning trying to kill herself. I'd have said this was something that could be discussed after the session, when the two of you could have discussed the problem and figured out a solution. That way it wouldn't disturb the session's flow any further, and both of you could come to a reasonable conclusion on what to do.

(1/2, cause I'm a long-winded motherfucker apparently)
>>
>>50807235
Wank by yourself, virgin.
>>
>>50807165
No, she's supposed to be lawful evil, I think.
>>
>>50807274
Player, I'm sorry to say this, but you fucked up. Before you get upset though, hear me out. If you weren't enjoying the character, you should have outright told the DM and figured out a solution with him. If you didn't lose interest until after the bandit incident, you should have waited until after the session and -then- brought it up with the DM. Making your character kill themselves because you've lost interest in them is incredibly disrupting to the game, especially when it's out of nowhere like this. You said it "felt in-character", but consider the rest of the party's position, especially the DM. You know how hard it is to react to something so sudden in-character, or how hard it is to handle that kinda shit as a DM? It's incredibly jarring, because it came out of nowhere. How did you expect your party to react, your DM to handle something that, by all rights, should be a really serious event in-story? Plus, the party coughed up a pretty significant amount of gold to get you back, which also makes it a pretty dick move to the party as a whole. Retiring the character afterwards is one thing, you and the GM could have worked out a way to repay the party with the new character or with the next quest. But you literally just wasted their time and money, and on top of that put them in a very awkward position roleplay-wise. Most importantly though, it is not "Railroading" for the DM to ask you not to do something as drastic and out of nowhere as killing yourself. Speaking as a player and a DM myself, that is the most obnoxious shit you can do, telling your DM he's railroading when he really isn't. All he's doing is asking you to cut the melodrama and not muck up the session over something incredibly small. I'm sorry if you're pissed off about it, but that's honestly how it is. You both made some mistakes, but it was definitely you in the wrong here. Best thing to do is own up to it and move on, so you don't make the same mistakes with your next group.
>>
>>50807283
>evil character trying to get the party to actually be good

I like it.
>>
If the player is still reading this, don't give this DM a second chance, he clearly doesn't deserve it.
>>
>>50800048
>Kick a player for actually bothering to roleplay beyond I hit them with my sword for my money which will only be spent on swords
>lel I'll have the players vote on if we should fix the mess I made, because this way I can shift the blame.
>>
File: nsr.gif (2MB, 316x213px) Image search: [Google]
nsr.gif
2MB, 316x213px
Jesus christ roll20 is terrible.

It's no wonder I had to prune my game upwards of 5 times through the past three years, just to find THREE good players.

Made the mistake of getting a fourth and it's been shit, filled with drama that I've been free from for a year with the three players. Fuck this world. Pruning #6, leaving me with the three players again.

Also makes me regret switching from full chat to a chat/voice combination, because drama with voice is so much worse than text.
>>
>>50805603
You know something is going wrong when the warlock is the moral one.
>>
>>50807538
What are you running anon?
>>
>>50799601
I wish I could get my players to act like that, god forbid they play a character beyond a set of stats.
>>
>>50807538
Barrier to entry is lower than IRL games, so you get a lot of shit chancers - plus all the morons who wouldn't be capable of playing in a live game even if they could find one (autists).
>>
>People in this thread posting "well both sides are wrong!"

Is there anything more pointless and condescending then this? They never even explain why without saying "muh failure to communicate". It's not even really addressing anything meaningful and acting like people getting into disagreements over anything is irrational.

Half of them haven't even been reading the thread and are still acting lile OP was in the wrong for not psychically predicting the That Guy was discontent. These posts are just the poster trying to interject their moral superiority onto shit without solving anything.

Fuck these self rightous mediator fucks.
>>
>>50799601
While I admit the player fucked up, you never should have let it get to that point. Caltrops should have worked, it should have been closer to 250 gold, they shouldn't have paied.

I'd have killed myself in that situation as well.
>>
>>50807676

True. Towards the beginning I had a literal autist in the game, it was rough.

Fuck man, I don't know how the game has survived as long as it has. I guess I can attribute it solely to the three good players, who are actually very fun to DM for.

They're very unpredictable (though not in an annoying sense); their personalities mesh together well IC and OOC; they never start drama or throw fits when things don't go their way.

It'll be bittersweet to see the game come to an end, but I hope I can run something else for them. It'd be nice to get a permanent 4th player but I'm so dejected by the idea and because of past experience that I can't even bring myself to try.

>>50807631

5e. Been running it since before the DMG was released.

Been a pretty wild ride.
>>
>>50807894
Well you could always try a game finder thread if you have no confidence in roll 20, or go look at the people looking for groups rather then waiting for someone to come to you.
>>
>>50799601
>Player runs and uses caltrops
>lol nope the railroad must go on

And you think you have any right to complain?
>>
>>50807954

I should have mentioned that several of my recruitments came from game finder threads. Roll20 wasn't the sole means of recruiting.

Gamefinder threads are probably worse than roll20. Fa/tg/uys, as a whole, are fucking terrible.
>>
>>50805377
The first stone wasn't when the player derailed the session to have all the attention drawn to them alone?
>>
>There are people that actually think "lel I kill myself" is a valid reaction

I mean, sure, it can be in very specific situations, but this? If you want to retire your character, just fucking do it.
>>
>>50807956
>Bandits catch her due to lucky rolls

Are you weaponsgrade retarded? Caltrops aren't a magical get put of jail free card.
>>
>>50807956
Yes, clearly. Caltrops are notorious for their ability to stop crossbow bolts.
>>
File: 42342343.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
42342343.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
>text based roll20 game with players you picked up on the internet

Is there anything worse
>>
>>50807993
Weird, I have only joined one game finder, and out of six people we only had one no show and one guy drop out due to scheduling conflicts that cropped up.
But I might have gotten lucky.
>>
>>50808221

How long has your game been going on for though?
>>
File: 1450234427321.png (307KB, 600x860px) Image search: [Google]
1450234427321.png
307KB, 600x860px
>>50804786
>>50804816
Guys, this is D&D. Clerics are healers and tanks.
Which just means they can be on either side of the lewd.
Now if you need a cute support/healer who's squishy and needs some protection, we got bards.
>>
>>50808283
My imagination isn't good enough to pretend a person roleplaying like this isn't a guy.
>>
>>50804126
She didnt ask until after she demanded she commit suicide for literally no reason.
>>
>>50808263
A few months.
>>
>>50808283
Well now, what side of it do you prefer to be on?

Should I sing you a song, or pin you to the ground~?
>>
>>50808283
I am a champion. I am excited to apply to Kent and look forward to continued interactions with the school. I also need to be examined for signs of being so sodding thick that they probably shouldn’t have a driving licence in the first place. “ I suspect the problem lies in the rather clever engineering God has given the Human Being, ” noted Dr Peter Peter Cockandballs of St. Louis, Missouri, and I am looking forward to the new year! I love you. “ uh, I am free next week. I also need to be examined for signs of being so sodding thick that they probably shouldn’t have a driving licence in the first place. The new battery for a minute. The new battery for a minute. The new battery for my own. I am excited to apply to Kent and look forward to continued interactions with my own. I am excited to personal and business. I am excited to apply to Kent and look forward to continued interactions with the school
>>
>>50799601
>She
Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>50808428

She(male), probably.
>>
>>50808445
GuyInRealLife
>>
File: HangSelf.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
HangSelf.gif
1MB, 480x270px
hahaha Consequences What are those? :P
>>
>>50808428
The DM just refers to "her" as "she" because "her" character is female, and none of the members of the group know each other in real life. The player "herself" is probably a guy.
>>
>campaign is level 14, started in early March at level 3
>one player is a paladin/warlock
>played in previous campaign for a year+, was decent player
>this game, goofy and disruptive
>ask him repeatedly over last few months to keep his goofy stuff in-character and involve the two newer players more and more as time goes on, "that guy" always butts in to make it all about him
>try to engage less experienced players more as time goes on, but they're still in the "don't want to say anything wrong" phase
>at level 8, paladin starts a fight with two vampires and their eight spawn just because Divine Sense revealed them when the rest of the party were trying to talk to those vampires and the vampires were not being threatening
>that guy dies in the fight, no one around who can resurrect
>the rest of the PCs and player's new character end up questing to retrieve the soul of the previous character after the player said he enjoyed playing the paladin
>new bard PC is also goofy and disruptive as fuck
>ask again to keep goofy shit in-character and try to involve the new, inexperienced roleplayers so they don't feel like they're watching the "that guy" show
>long side quest retrieves the paladin around level 11
>when given the choice, player retires bard to return to playing the paladin
>still goofy and disruptive as fuck
>few months later, level 14
>new players say they feel like they're sitting around watching the "that guy" show
>two sessions ago, "that guy" decides he'd going to run off on his mount to scout
>runs INTO a giant cloud of poison half a mile away from other players to investigate
>creature inside tries to eat him
>don't want to railroad, so use the creature as-written, figuring he might try to escape
>nope
>uses everything he has to try to survive an encounter meant for the whole party, takes awhile to die
>repeatedly ask him during encounter if he wants to keep fighting and he says yes
>paladin blows all resources, finally dies, rest of players wake up (cont)
>>
>>50805093
Links? or storytime?
>>
>>50799971
So you just play suicidal characters then. Good to know. I wouldn't be writing up any major plot points for your characters then, as it'd just be a waste of time
>>
>>50808560
>rest of players are annoyed with "that guy" for running off on his own
>"that guy" still has sheet for his retired bard, decides to unretire it since it's quicker than making a new character
>rest of PCs ignore him for rest of the session
>kick "that guy" at the end of session
>surprisingly non-confrontational about it

>week later
>session with only 3 players
>"It's 9? We've already done as much as we normally get done by 11."
>"Yeah this is much faster without (that guy)"
>newbies roleplay more in one night than they have in the whole rest of the campaign
>>
>>50800011
huge wastes of time to settle your emotional baggage which then screwed over everyone else. when ten mins ooc would have solved the whole thing. LEARN to communicate when you have a problem. Dms aren't fucking mind readers
>>
>>50800293
U mad bro? Get ready for more shenanigans next game.
>>
>>50800388
>y'all
Nice meme.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>50805227
In a world where death is a solvable problem, rather than the actual guaranteed permanent end of existence, it's not unreasonable to think thatsome characters would have especially cavalier approaches to death.
Hell, if dying can get them some kind of benefit that they can then follow up with a resurrection to make use of it, then being squeamish about it is just shit role-playing .
>>
File: 1396991667578.gif (1MB, 288x208px) Image search: [Google]
1396991667578.gif
1MB, 288x208px
>>50809361
?????
>>
>>50799806
She was in the right that time though.
>>
Did you link the guy to this thread? Or is every single one of your players just on /tg/?
>>
So basically your player was a whiny cunt that threw a tantrum? Yeah I'd kick them too.
>>
>>50809944

Now that's horse shit. You think everyone in the D&D world's take on death is "I'll just get resurrected into a minotaur lol"

Yeah, no. Such occurrences are beyond rare. Death is still death.
>>
>>50809965
I shouldn't join in this magnificent dumpster fire but I think you got lightly trolled. Just ignore it.
>>
>>50801997
>Competition for what? Sleeping with everyone?

Is pretty great,
>>
>>50800150
>>50802483
>>50804142
>>50804186
>>50804238
>>50804370
>>50804478
>>50804721
>>50805231
>>50807812
This is the warlock, I don't actually want to go back. Thanks for helping me realize that.
>>
>>50805603
So you're a bunch of pussies? Cool.

Sounds like the guy won by being kicked.
>>
>>50810988
Sounds like he realized he is better off without them.
>>50810892
Good on you.
>>
>>50810998
Yeah I should have gone with my gut and quit when I heard he was letting the furry in.
>>
>>50810892
Thanks for the proof you can overcome Stockholm Syndrome.
>>
>>50810988
Lies, my character didn't even care enough about the warlock to pay or attend the ransoming. I just stayed in the bar chillin. I knew they would pull some shit, wasn't worth me even trying.
>>
I see two people in the wrong here.

The player is obviously in the wrong for wanting to kill her character due to spite against the GM. Lucky rolls happen and if you are at the shit end of the stick then you shouldn't feel animosity to the person rolling them. The party obviously went out of there way, and while it could be justifiable for her to kill herself while being captured, it's harder for her to justify it when she was saved. What I see is this, she felt like she was being railroaded by the GM and felt hostile because of it. Despite that she should suck it up and realize that her actions are harming the fun of other people. Her logic was probably this:

I find some bandits and serve justice
>Nope the bandits knock you our with crossbows
I kill myself rather then let them do something worse to me
>Nope you are tied too well
I kill myself again to assert my player agency
>Here's a vision out of no where
I kill myself because I'm tired of the railroad

The GM is also in the wrong here. It's clear from him saying that they are "low level characters" and asking for 2000 gold that he knew it was a fee they couldn't accomplish on their own. 2000 gold is a LOT by fantasy standards. A person can live on a wealthy expense for 500 days with that much gold according the the PHB. The friendly NPC bailing them out isn't a favor from the GM, since he set such an exuberant price in the first place.It seems to me that The GM wanted to "punish" his player by punishing the party, then by bailing them out exonerates himself from any blame. This way he turns the party against the player in a subtle way.

The biggest thing I struggle with when I'm a GM is getting too big of a head. It's easy to see yourself as being the "most important" person in the group when you are deciding the rulings and dictating key elements of the story. But a good GM knows that they aren't the center of this game. Everyone is. Even Marcus Aurelius needed humbling.
>>
>>50811063
>Yeah I should have gone with my gut and quit when I heard he was letting the furry in.
The plot thickens, go on.
Air all the information out.
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>>50810892
>Cites only the posts placing yourself as the victim
>Apparently ignoring all the other posts ITT calling you on your own bullshit

Says a lot about you, mostly that your old group is better off without you.
>>
>>50811183
Nope she's lawful evil, she wasn't dealing justice she was from what we gather trying to eliminate competition. She's stolen plenty of things, enslaved drow, and tattooed a drow rogue's dick.
>>
>>50811222
Not really much to say, he recruited us from some other site including the guy who randomly posts furry (mostly shark) porn, even when another person was talking about suicide.
>>
>>50811222
Furry here, I'm not even playing a furry character and I'm avoiding any lewd for the most part(Unlike miss slutotron 5000, immune to std, flesh golem of all the prettiest parts of various prostitutes, and tattooer of drow dick). Cerbs just mad that I post furry porn in main chat on anonkun to trigger people.
>>
>>50811282
Oh and when we found that a bunch of imps had raped some kids he went on about how demons are unfairly ripped from their homes.
>>
>>50811323
>Be Demon
>Just going about your business in hell
>Get summoned by wizards for shits and giggles regularly
>This time they fucked up the binding though!!!
>Tables Turned Bitches
>>
>>50811314
This is the first game I ever got kicked out of, can you say the same?
>>
>>50811314
>>50811263
>>50811352

Haha how is this group even real?
>>
>>50811389
Mememagic, I want this to continue.
Keep going all of you.
>>
>>50811356
I've only been kicked from one game, so I believe we're about equal.
>>
>>50811183
Let me add, 2000 gold is a lot for a bandit to ask of a random captive. Unless in her backstory she was high nobility or royalty in some way it is way too much of a sum for bandits to typically ask for. If these bandits were somehow some top notch elite crew who have a fearsome reputation and can use that to leverage more gold, I don't think it's fair. It shouldn't be a matter of "They ask for more than they could normally ask for to maximize the gain", it reminds me of this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z-AxgueBRk
>>
>>50811428
None of the party members who attended really tried to haggle
>>
>>50811469
You expect people to try to haggle to return a captive?
How stupid are you?
They have leverage they can just say no, we will kill her/sell her into slavery.
Or hell just kill the rest of the party for trying to short them.
>>
>>50811501
Were these some 3special5u bandits or something?
>>
>>50811402
You can experience the ramblings of this assorted group of namefagging lunatics here
http://anonkun.com/stories/main-chatcommunity-hub-30/wbL7EYim79KFusTa2
>>
>>50811314
I got my backstory (you know what those are right, that thing only I bothered to make and you guys constantly used to metagame?) approved by the DM.

>>50811428
>Unless in her backstory she was high nobility or royalty in some way
Nah just some orphan off the streets.
>>
>>50811538
I am sure your gm loves the super special snowflakes.
>>
>>50811512
Nah just random scrubs.

The paladin got super pissed when I told him that if I was the DM I'd make him fall for giving money to murderers.
>>
>>50811538
"Metagame"
I never metagamed shit, My character has a sage background he knows what a fucking warlock is when he sees your magic. The DM even said so. I never used ooc knowledge of another character against them. Sure we made jokes ooc about what would happen if we put you in an antimagic field, but that never entered IC.
>>
>>50811577
Your group honestly seems so dysfunctional and weird that it sounds fun in a fucked up way.
>>
>>50811596
I only ever really managed to have fun due to my own efforts, so at that point I might as well masturbate.
>>
>>50800414
A much better reason to neck yourself
>>
>>50811469
Can the kicked player link this guy's roll20 profile so I can never ever join one of his games by mistake?
>>
>>50811657
You really just want to go snipe the vacancy don't you?
Don't worry we all do to watch this train wreck in motion.
>>
>>50811523
What the fuck is this?
>>
>>50811670
Vacancy was already filled by someone who admitted during the akun podcast to being raped by his sister.
>>
>>50811727
Was this before or after he decided to let suicide sex golem come back or not? Seems pretty wishy washy if so.
>>
>>50811762
He never actually decided to do anything, he outsourced that to other players because he didn't want the blame for his actions.
>>
File: image.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>50811523
...Huh. Well, looks like my ramblings up thread about who messed up where and how they could have fixed things was a waste of time, cause they're -all- just awful.
>>
>>50803055
>dawnforgedcast
not even once
>>
Well this has been an interesting thread. Thanks for the laughs.
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.