[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spelljammer Plus Redux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Sj-logo.gif (34KB, 398x158px) Image search: [Google]
Sj-logo.gif
34KB, 398x158px
Yesterday some anon was stating that the lack of a new Spelljammer/Magitech setting is rather upsetting. So lets try and brainstorm this setting out!

>Magitech
>Space Boats and Pirates
>Ebberon meets The Dread Pirate Robin.

OP will make the first few posts and if interest falls off then we can let it die.
>>
>>50799035
Spelljammer is a setting that turns the astral sea into the major location/sea that the adventures adventure in. The idea for this setting to be true to the anon who inspired it would mean that all the basic races and characters are present in the Astral Sea implying that the planes may not exist or were destroyed?
>>
The idea of technology being present in the setting, in order to be true to the inspiring anon, would be super high tech levels. To the point that the people can not tell the difference between tech and magic. (Almost exactly like the Asgaurdians in the Marvel Thor movies.)
>>
>>50799066
>implying that the planes may not exist or were destroyed?
why not just have them be locations in the astral sea?
>>
>>50799306
Point, I meant that the main world would not exist or would exist as a bunch of islands, the planes would obviously still be there sorry for that.
>>
>>50799035

Bump for interest.
>>
I've been trying to figure out a good way to do space combat for 5e so this is relevant to me

So far the best idea I've has is to make ships be able to generate sorcery points, bigger ships have more sorcery points, and they can create and cast special ship spells with their spell slots

Traveling between planes/FTL costs a level 1 spell slot

Spellcasters can use one of their own spell slots instead of using one of the ships, but their level of exhaustion goes up every time they do
>>
>>50799066
>Spelljammer is a setting that turns the astral sea into the major location/sea that the adventures adventure in.
Nah, that's (sort of) Planescape. But really, the Astral Sea is just Githyanki Pirates and Pirates of Gith as far as the eye can see. Which is forever, because there's no horizon.

Spelljammer is (sort of) set in the vacuum of space. Go to far out and you hit the edge of the solar system, an Aristotelian celestial sphere.
Past that is rivers made of flammable rainbows, leading to different solar systems.

That rainbow part is arguably a different Plane than the Prime Material, but even that's not explicitly stated.
It certain behaves differently (no planar connections to anything anywhere, etc.), might be a different layer of the Prime Material?
Well, whatever. Either way, the vacuum of space is explicitly part of the Prime Material.
>>
>>50799035

Magitech is evepresent. You only need to look for it or revision the visuals.

Eberron, Warmachine, Warhammer 40k, Exalted

Video Games: Asura's Wrath
>>
>>50802312

Also forgot Grant Morris "18 days graphic novel (2010)"
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.