[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Treachery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 16

File: shutterstock_145325392.jpg (369KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_145325392.jpg
369KB, 1000x667px
Have you ever been backstabbed by a fellow party member? Have you ever done it yourself?
>>
>>50790070
Happened all the time in WoD. Also any iteration of D&D seemed to always attract the worst people in college.

I've had characters murdered in their sleep by 'comrades', shoved into trapped pits for keks, eaten alive by the party, entire teams sold out for a few thousand gold coins. People can be pretty terrible.
>>
>>50790070
I have stabbed myself on occasion, yes
>>
>>50790070
Closest I've ever come to was NOT tellling the party about the eons old Dracolich that's currently taking up residence in my mind.

I'm trying to befriend it.
>>
>>50790511
Well i mean... What possibly could go wrong?
>>
File: All sith party.png (33KB, 820x246px) Image search: [Google]
All sith party.png
33KB, 820x246px
Traitor card should be played in moderation.
>>
>>50790277
Me too, but only on nat 1s.
>>
I unintentionally told a Mafia Boss that maybe 2 of my party members were FBI. The reason for joining the party was pretty weak so my char was suspicious. They managed to make it out alive and get back to business, but it was amusing. They kept digging themselves deeper and deeper.

Everyone broke into laughter when one attempted to clumsily bride the very angry boss. They dragged him into the basement for some heavy beating.
>>
File: Friendcomputer.gif (13KB, 267x238px) Image search: [Google]
Friendcomputer.gif
13KB, 267x238px
>>50790570
Dear lord, if you want to have that level of back stabbery and dickery just go play Paranoia
>>
>>50790070
Another player tried to stab me in the back in CoC. I killed him with his own shotgun.
>>
Obligatory
>>
>>50790218
I am utterly confused why people, as players, do this. Or at least, why they do it with out the mutual consent of their fellow player. Why do they want to jeopardize the cohesion and continued existence of the environment that is allowing them to play the game in the first place? Why can't they understand that working together and having fun together is a much better long-term deal then getting playing their selfish ideas out and alienating others?

They are treating their DM and fellow players like Videogame constructs. as if they can abuse the system and the players and nothing bad will happen and they can just start over to do it again in the future.
>>
>>50792357
and to be clear, I'm not saying that party conflict is wrongbad in and of it'self, it can be an engaging and fun thing to do, if all of the players are at least willing to buy into it if not enjoy it fully.
>>
>>50792357
GIFT theory but replace anonymity with "I'm playing a role so it doesn't count, that's my character not me"
>>
>>50792174
Damn son
>>
>>50790070
Yes to both, at the same time.

The premise of the game was the inter-party conflict, and everyone was onboard with that. The finale was hilarious as the convoluted plans and scale of treachery from all players revealed itself.

Backstabbing another player's character if everyone is ok with it going in can make for great stories. Backstabbing another player character because you're a dick is only good for That Guy stories.
>>
>>50790070
Don't know if it counts as a backstabbing or a prank, but here goes.
>VtM, Sabbat
>We've taken over the city, with Camarilla blockade all around us. No way in, no way out, 100 000 mortals to feast upon.
>We're having a big party in honor of our packmate becoming a bishop. All packs are here.
>At some point, after bishop is annointed in a hot tub full of blood, we're all invited in. It's not just blood, it's intoxicating.
>Our Ravnos has recently embraced a random fuckhead goon NPC that I've almost killed. I've left claw marks that had turned into a permanent wound. Poor stupid fucker is in love with her.
>I participate in a sparring match with other city's gangrel. Take down a few, even gut their pack leader(beast form is amazing), but eventually he goes into a bear form and crushes me.
>I'm floating in the tub, naked, with my guts floating on the surface and slowly healing.
>Fuckhead thinks that this is the perfect time to establish some sort of dominance over me, tries to bite.
>I grapple him, lift him up, place a clawed hand right over his permanent wound.
>Our Malkavian starts to rile up my anger. I can't control myself and rip at the fuckhead.
>Ravnos notices it.
>Here's more of that Malkavian magic on her.
>She casts illusory bonds on me, I'm near frenzy, but can't move.
>Another + from Malkavian.
>Frenzy on myself and Ravnos.

That's how I went from recuperating from a friendly brawl to being thrown out of a party, naked and covered in blood.
>>
>>50790070
Currently playing in an all kids party as the resident delinquent troublemaker. Unfortunately, the rest of the party does not share this inclination, and are always foiling his nefarious plans whenever he clues them in or they otherwise learn of them. It's okay though, he tries (and fails) to beat them up as revenge and everything continues as normal.
>>
>>50790570
That's pretty much exactly how I'd imagine an All Sith party would go.
>>
>>50790070
>Have you ever been backstabbed by a fellow party member?

Yes, and it actually kind of worked in the sense that it was a very logical continuation of what was going on in the plot and it was kind of understandable, even if it was crippling and brought a sudden end to that campaign and characters.

She retired the character who became an NPC. Much, much later, we ran into her again (with completely different characters who had none of the backstory), and it felt very, very good to pulverize her.
>>
>>50790070
Never been backstabbed outright, but I've been actively worked against for shits and giggles, which I suppose is okay, if annoying.
Most recently we found a cursed treasure relevant to my character's religion, and I strongly warned the party not to touch it. Threatened violence, even. Which of course made two characters spend the rest of the session figuring out how to steal them without me noticing.
Annoying, but fair enough.

Most I've done is threaten violence in stressed situations, and at one point been forced to grapple with an out of control berserker who was trying to attack other party members. Though I was the only one that got hurt in that struggle.

Really, I'm not at all a fan of party-infighting and backstabbing, so it would take something really extraordinary to make me go there. I'll accept other players doing it within certain limits, even if I think it's pretty cunty behaviour.
>>
>>50792406
Ah, fair enough. THey can't see that the game they are playign is not actually a seperate 'thing' from reality, but a mutually agreed upon fiction that only exists because every one playing wants it to. the 'idea' of the game is not the same as the reality of playing the game. Sure your character and you are seperate conceptual entities, But you are the only thing that makes your character exist at all. Same with the actual game of TTRPG.
>>
>>50790070
In one session of Vampire Dark Ages I was backstabbed individually by each fellow party member. It stared as the betrayal of one individual player and the rest jumped to add small additional backstabs that benefited them at my expense.

Playing healer Salubri is suffering, even if you play before the persecution.
>>
>be playing a Wizard (rare in the setting)
>party gets transported to another dimension
>simple folk with their own problems, banished the wizards
>reminds my character of what happened at home
>we solve their problems yadda yadda
>end up in Wizard city, its beautiful
>fantastic magic I never dreamed of
>finally open a portal home
>time to depart
>over time, my PC had gotten fed up with the parties shit attitude towards magic despite it constantly saving them
>wait til they're all through the portal
>look them in the eyes, close it without saying goodbye
>lead a magic rebellion, sweep across this dimension with the purpose of one day doing the same back home

Not only did I betray the party, I turned my PC into a future BBEG
>>
>>50790070
Once, though it was neither a surprise nor wholly unwarranted. In fact, directly preceding the backstabbing, the party member in question was pretty much told "If you're going to betray me, just do it now and get it over with." Lo and behold, they did in fact side with their waifu NPC over my own character who was trying to melt off said waifu's limbs.
>>
Every time there's an Orc babies argument. It is inevitable.
>>
I sold my alien friend to slavery... for a million credits!
>>
Yes, no.
My pc's have been the target of betrayal but have not committed treachery yet.

We have one player in the group that will take the opportunity to kill another pc if given the choice. He seems to be consistent regardless of the game or genre. Even outside of rpgs and if we play a co op video game.

In the current game I am playing a caster and he is playing a martial, so I am looking forward to the inevitable hold person/coup de gras combo.
>>
File: SJKjIR4.jpg (95KB, 478x640px) Image search: [Google]
SJKjIR4.jpg
95KB, 478x640px
I was DMing 3.5 D&D for a few friends some 5 years ago. Among others, there were a human Drunken Master Monk and a dual-wielding Drow Fighter who was a carbon copy of Drizzt. the Drow was a pretty edgy, bad attitude dude and he and the monk used to fight a lot, mostly because the Drow did most of the heavy lifting while the Monk was kind of a comic relief character, flailing around with his mug and dealing little damage.

Anyway, at some poing in the campaign the Monk split away from the party for a few hours because he wanted to get revenge on a group of bandits for killing some girl NPC he liked. He went after them alone, got beaten down and captured by them to be ransomed to the PCs. I did this as a GM to just not outright kill his character instantly for doing something that stupid. They arranged a meeting, and the Drow character offered to pay for his full ransom, I think it was 1k gold or something like that. The bandits delivered the Monk tied up and semi-conscious to the party and then left. Drow dude then walked over to where the Monk was lying and instantly killed him. The look on his face was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in an RPG, he just couldn't believe it. When confronted by the party, the edgy Drow shrugged and went "What, you guys knew he was dead weight for our party. Plus, I'm the one who bought him back." After some discussion they ended up agreeing. The Monk was mad at first, but went along with it and ended up rolling another character.
>>
>>50790070
I don't remember the game, or system, but one of the players had a reputation for backstabbing and dirty politics. He betrayed every single players, and at then end with no one else to betray, his character backstabbed himself.
>>
>>50790070
Yes. The most recent instance takes some explaining. Shadowrun, the party was investigating a terrorist/assassin who wanted to capture us dead or alive. We hide out in our favourite bar and he walks in out of nowhere, claiming we need to surrender or he'll blow bombs he planted in the homes of our friends and families. My decker tries to hack into his tech while the face distracts him and I roll a botch, a botch, and then a botch. Suddenly we hear explosions outside and the assassin just starts laughing. My decker yells "He blew them before I could hack into his tech!" and the street samurai skewers him on the spot. We investigate and it turns out none of our family members were home but a civilian got roasted instantly. My decker lies, rolls spectacularly well, and we move on.

Eight sessions later we're on a run, group is split while we avoid the cops chasing us. The face and my decker pull into an alleyway and seem to be in the clear. My decker is scouting with drones when he suddenly loses his connection, the face injecting him with truth serum mixed with a paralyzing agent. By the time my decker can speak he's tied up with the face standing over him. The face asks if my decker was responsible for the bombs going off way back, and I truthfully answer yes. The face asks if my decker feels sorry for the civilian who died, and I say that no, he doesn't feel bad at all. The face nods, then shoots my decker in the head and lugs his body into a dumpster.

Turns out the Face's player was meta-gaming since his character had no reason to believe my decker ever lied to him, and I rolled incredibly well on all of my checks to lie to him about the event. According to the GM his character never once succeeded at calling my bluff. He was just waiting for a moment when we were alone and he could kill me. Eight sessions basically wasted for nothing.
>>
>>50793592
>monk gets cucked, captured, and sold for ransom

Yup, sounds like 3.5
>>
>>50790070
Kindof?

I once played a LE guy in a good/neutral party and I constantly set up evil schemes during downtime. Eventually the Paladin found one out and we dueled to the death. I lost.

Fun times...
>>
>>50792174
holy shit
>>
I have had my arm cut off, been sacrificed to a devil because they didn't know that clerics and paladins were different and been sold into slavery. All instigated by the same player. These were all DMPCs, so it's different circumstances, and I'm not too upset about it, but it is indicative of that players general play style.
>>
File: 1482262606968.png (385KB, 867x657px) Image search: [Google]
1482262606968.png
385KB, 867x657px
>>50790070
Yes
>>
File: 1481906954962.jpg (231KB, 1024x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1481906954962.jpg
231KB, 1024x1026px
>>50792890
Nice. I've only done something similar once and it actually turned out well.

>Be me. Playing D&D.
>Be Lawful Good Cleric of Mercy.
>Only Caster/Healer out of the group.
>Normally our Groups DM, but I'm playing in one of my friends games he wanted to try.
>Game starts off good.
>Impressed with player's ability to DM despite being shy normally.
>Soon trouble ensues.
>Group starts mildy murder-hoboing.
>"Heroes" start looking more like villains as we progress.
>Play along, because I can adapt to any role.
>Rp conflicted Cleric losing faith in his party, but continues to assist them thinking their collective effort is still "for the greater good"
>Party continues in a chaotic waltz
>player DM friendo doing good job still, but start to notice he's struggling a wee bit to contain the others, but runs with it.
>Continue to RP the "B-but you guys.." goodie goodie cleric
>Eventually make it towards final destination.
>Find a Temple of an older god
>Secretly discuss alignment shift for my cleric with PlayerDM.

Continue?
>>
>>50792174
This one always makes me mad because the necromancer uses a slew of rules incorrectly. But I guess that's what happens when you play a garbage rules bloat system
>>
>>50794322
Checked.

And yes, share anon.
>>
There's the time in AdEva that I didn't tell anyone that I'd installed dummy systems in all of the units. Overriding the ATT's unit control actually saved two of the PCs from certain death when I fired the superweapon I spent all campaign building.
>>
File: 1481909835509.jpg (133KB, 1000x565px) Image search: [Google]
1481909835509.jpg
133KB, 1000x565px
>>50794322

>We agree I find an old tome of tenets and commandments of said god.
>Cleric reads as we continue.
>his outlook changing more and more toward the group, becoming colder, crueler, etc.
>Keep feeding subtle hints, but no-one had completely caught on yet.
>continue toward BBEG.
>Finally get to final conflict.
>Occultist trying use an artifact to unlock some kind of "evil power" in another temple to make him immortal, strong, etc.
>Party defeats Cult leader guy.
>Only players left alive was our groups Fighter who was now near death, our Rogue who was bleeding out, and my Cleric.
>Fighter goes on to how he wants the artifact so he can use the power for "good".
>Big guy goes up the Cult leaders body and picks up the artifact.
>Cleric attack the Fighter and downs him with a clean blow to the head from his mace.
>"Nothing is pure, this world and its inhabitants are corrupt and deserves no Mercy."
>Every mouth agape as my cleric denounces his old god, takes the artifact and unlocks the gate.
>Rogue awakens for RP purposes.
>Cleric standing before a gate of hell fire with two large eyes peering at him.
>"Elder God! Grant me your power and I will purge this vile world in your flames!"
>Elder Demon God laughs and agrees, amused at my clerics betrayal and happy to be freed, agrees.
>Cleric gives one hard look at the rogue as he tries to crawl away to safety.
>Steps into the portal of fire and it closes.
>Rogue shields eyes as portal explodes.
>light fades leaving the temple in ruins.
>only thing left was my clerics old holy symbol and old tome he found scorched on the ground.
>Rouge gathers the items and flees to safety limping away to warn others of the world's new threat.

Everyone, including PlayerDM loved it. Turned out to be one of their favorite moments in our group. They asked me to run my next campaign based on the Cleric. What I thought to be a nice twist turned into a new year long campaign.

As long as its fun for everyone, betrayal can be good.
>>
>>50790070
Why is he holding the bow upside down?
>>
File: 1468093646815.jpg (165KB, 552x697px) Image search: [Google]
1468093646815.jpg
165KB, 552x697px
I had a player track a supposed spy. He got caught right after the spy was hiding a corpse and then got a knife near his throw. The guy managed to convince him he would help the spy and found out he knew the guy's father and was working for the players' "side". Everything was going as planned, until the npc turned his back and got shanked.

>everybody's face when that happened

Unexpectedly fun, though not sure if I should start worrying about these recent murderhobo inclinations he's been having lately.
>>
>>50790070

My first campaign I ever ran was the Game of Thrones RPG by Green Ronin. I had 3 veteran players with me, one was a min-maxer, the other two were average, and then I had two completely new characters join in half way.

One of the vet players played an OC Sand Snake, and was engaged to the heir of our House. To make the long story short, the Sand Snake character betrayed our house, and managed to get most of the 7 Kingdoms to declare war on us. Robert Baratheon drank a lot the night he met the Sand Snake, and she made some hella good seduction and persuasion rolls

It was only a 5 session campaign but it ended with a big naval battle. The Sand Snake was killed, but the other players lost the war and got away with their lives. It was an awesome campaign, and a great example of PvP done right.
>>
We had a Barbarian in our party, who played the chaotic retarded "Ahah I am the greetest, the strongest which means I am the leader!" who made stupid decisions and was violent to other party members. Throughout the campaign they screwed us over on multiple times, an example being finding a locked cabinet, our rogue says to stand aside and let him check it for traps before he tries to open it. The barbarian laughs and says he smashes the door open with a headbutt. When the players protested once again, his response both IC and OOC was "And how are you planning on stopping me?". It was trapped, its contents destroyed and multiple party members harmed.

As the campaign grew on, his decisions grew more detrimental, but his aptitude to cutting things apart was at least vaugely useful. He was the kind of character to when we had a captured enemy officer ready to interrogate for information, would ask "What are the other players doing right now? Okay, ahuh, so no one is within arms reach? Okay, I decapitate the prisoner with my great axe. Gufawhaha!"

He was once hit with a suggestion spell, and told "Protect me from your allies, do not let them follow.", a simple order that could have been handled by him standing stoutly in the hallway, instead he rushed past the Paladin and uppercut the wounded druid with his greatsword, killing her and almost the sorceress too claiming "Oh, I was under a curse to rough you guys up, I guess I'm just too mighty, well don't forget who is in charge and that I can fight you all at once and win!"

He nearly killed my character who was a wizard devotee of dragons, a renegade from the cult we were fighting. During one fight against them, the wounded dragon took cover behind my character and asked "What are you doing mage, blast them!" when I arrived to the fight late. The Barbarian guffawed "Aha, so you ARE a traitor, I knew it!" immediately vaulted out of combat and attacked my caster top priority, no spells nor compulsions.

1/2
>>
>>50797504
Due to not wanting to stoop to his level and instigate interparty combats to a serious level, we let him get away with this for far too long. Eventually he threatened to slay my mage once again over contested treasures. His catch phrase at this point is "And how do you plan on stopping me? Guwfahah!".

>Dominate person, if you pass your saving throw, Portent a 3, you fail your saving throw.

"Drop your legendary greatsword to the ground, kneel and hold out your hands."

My mage places the adamantine manacles we made a couple pairs of when we had access to the resources and smiths. "Now, you have long since outlived your services to us, your prowess as a sword arm is less valuable than your sword. It is by my good graces and kindness that you will not be forced to serve me as a wight, enjoy your new home swimming in lava."

>Forcibly planeshift to the elemental plane of fire, as you are dominated, you get no saving throw. If the GM permits you the saving throw anyway, Portent this 5, you fail your saving throw.

And the best bit? At least two other party members had "Kill the Barbarian" plans prepared if he got too uppity again, our Evoker Wizard (who I called our Sorceress earlier, we try to avoid the PBP class names for the slight amount of hipster immersion), had Contingency prepared for literally "If Barb' steps within 5ft of me, Polymorph him into a toad." and had cleared with the GM that if said event occured she fully intended to immediately disintigrate the toad for an instant kill if she felt like he was going to attack her.

Still we didn't want to take it OOC kicking him out because we couldn't tell if the guy was just an utter cunt getting off on being "The alpha boss because this greatsword is strong and he is so tanky that no one can fight him.", or just earnestly playing an utter cunt barbarian.
>>
>>50797909
Contingency can only target yourself, but Polymorph+Disintigrate is still a good plan.
>>
>>50790070
>This super-rare item will make me a lot stronger, and will arguably make you weaker
>I don't care, I want it
>Why do you even want it?
>Dunno, I just want it

Out of character, it's pretty rare, and those people usually don't last long in our groups. In character, multiple times and to great and sometimes hilarious effect.
>>
>>50797909

>not stabbing him in rl

nigger y
>>
>>50797909
So? Was he just being a cunt or really getting into the RP of a dickass barbarian?
>>
>>50790070

I gather this was the DM's goal in a 5e game I joined up with. He had some setup where each player had a secret objective the others didn't know about. As the party's rogue my secret objective was to steal the paladin's family heirloom for a client; the paladin was unaware of it, but possession of the heirloom proved he was the rightful lord of the lands not far from where the campaign was taking place.

Rather than be a fucktard and constantly try to filch his shit before the party had any reason not to be wary of each other, especially since all of us knew the others had secret goals and for all I knew one of the others might be out to get ME, my stance was to do my job as an adventurer and be a valuable member of the team, so that people didn't just look at me if something shady happened. I figured in that setup something might go down well before I acted and my character concept was a courtier turned rogue for courting above his station anyway, not Stickyfingers McGee, so I played it professional and did my part for the team.

The paladin rather rudely derailed my plan to gain his trust and figure out how to subtly part him from a memento from his mother by trusting me immediately, coordinating with me to better protect the rest of the party (including tag-teaming enemies neither of us could stand against alone; turns out a paladin and a rogue working together can dish out a fair bit of damage) and saving my life on several occasions. Dude even talked the DM into letting him use his Shield Master feat to block a fireball that would've knocked off my remaining death saves and killed me (I went into the negatives against a boss, he took it down, it exploded because fuck you apparently) at the expense of taking the damage himself.

With all this in mind, I couldn't in good conscience RP my rogue doing anything but abandoning his client and pledging loyalty to the paladin. The campaign broke up a few months after, but we were bros for the remainder.
>>
>>50798456
I really like when character relationships flourish in a natural way, ESPECIALLY if it's counter-intuitive to the original character idea.
>>
Only by accident
>>
>>50790618
Bride or bribe? Cause the briding just gave me a hilarious image. You should writefag some dude trying to bride an angry mob boss.
>>
>>50790070
Ran a campaign where one of the players turned into the BBEG. It was actually pretty awesome and set up for an epic finale.
>>
File: Barbaric.jpg (98KB, 610x556px) Image search: [Google]
Barbaric.jpg
98KB, 610x556px
>>50790070
>Have you ever been backstabbed by a fellow party member?
Yes. It was pretty infuriating, but not really because we were betrayed in the game, more because it felt like a huge fuck you from the player and the GM out of character. We had killed this extremely powerful NPC who fell on us from nowhere and fucked our shit up, killed a PC, and caused us to fail a whole questline. He had an enchanted necklace on him, and when the rogue picked it up, I said to him, "don't put that on until it's been identified, the GM (this player was newer) likes to give out cursed items". He ignored me, put it on, and boom, his PC was transformed into the guy we just fought. No save, he's dead, and we have to fight the boss fight a second time.

So later, another guy who hadn't been in the game at that time introduces a cohort, then a session or two later, we're informed that the cohort stole the cursed necklace from me in my sleep, and the boss is back, and we have to fight him AGAIN.

So, it was rage inducing for a few reasons. First, it poured salt into the wound of already having been fucked hard and needlessly by the GM with his bullshit cursed item. Two, it was obvious GM fiat that the cohort had gotten the item. As I said at the time, the cohort, a fighter two levels below me, apparently snuck into my character's room at night, through a locked door, avoided being noticed by me, or my own cohort, both of higher level and with extremely high Perception scores, and stole this cursed item, which NO LIVING PERSON knew I had kept, retrieved it from one of several bags of holding, and I never got to roll, never noticed a thing was wrong. This from a GM who openly admitted to cheating on rolls and making up stats on the fly. And the fact that this all happened in front of a super powerful, and supposedly uninvolved, wizard NPC, who force held us to stop us from "being violent", and allowed the villain to escape, so that the GM could taunt us more with it.
>>
File: Be Strong for Mother.jpg (109KB, 538x1004px) Image search: [Google]
Be Strong for Mother.jpg
109KB, 538x1004px
>>50801974
The worst part, though, was that is served the story in no way whatsoever. The story involving that villain was long over. There was no reason to bring him back, and he didn't even try to fight us, probably because we were higher level now, just laughed at us and ran away. The player who did all this had no motive in or out of character. He had not even been there when this had originally happened, so to even have thought of it, the GM had to have egged him on like crazy. And he sacrificed a Feat, built a cohort, and then killed her, for no fucking reason other then, I guess, to point at us and go "ha ha" like Nelson from the Simpsons. And it was infuriating to have the guy laughing at us hysterically, turning red and half falling out of his chair because he thought it was so funny how mad we were, and we couldn't even do anything to him. His character wasn't even involved, and just stood around going "gee, what was all that?"

The GM never even brought the villain back, so it didn't lead to any kind of storytelling. The whole thing felt like this giant, metagame middle finger from the GM and this one player, with no purpose I could see. Partly because of how salty it left people, that game ended not long afterward.
>>
File: Titus Flavius Anthemius.jpg (41KB, 297x450px) Image search: [Google]
Titus Flavius Anthemius.jpg
41KB, 297x450px
>>50801974
>>50802020
Have you ever done it yourself?

Yeah, one to three times, depending on who you talk to, in a Vampire game. It happened with three different characters, and for the first two, I feel I was justified.

My first character was a Malkavian. After a couple of few sessions, we got this giant urn full of cursed blood or something, which the Prince had ordered us to retrieve. So we brought it back, and the Prince asked me to give it to him. Now, the backstory of my character was that centuries before, he had been the Prince of this city, and had actually been architect who built it back in Roman times (we were in Byzantium) and had ruled it for a long while after that. But he went increasingly mad, being Malkavian, and eventually was deposed, and went into torpor for a long time, then woke up after the Turks conquered the city, and was enlisted by the new Prince as a lieutenant. So, being bugfuck insane, paranoid, power mad, and jealous, I had been rather open with the GM and the players about wanting to overthrow the Prince, although I didn't have any plan. But when this happened, I just decided it made sense to open the urn and see if something came out that would maybe kill the Prince so I could rule my city again. Some kind of Lovecrafting blood demon emerged and devoured the entire city, then all of Asia Minor. The players were very annoyed with me, and took it as a betrayal of sorts, but it hadn't been my intention to fuck things up for the party.

In any case, we skipped a few hundred years, and I was told I had to make a new character.
>>
File: Cesare and Lucrezia.jpg (996KB, 2700x3600px) Image search: [Google]
Cesare and Lucrezia.jpg
996KB, 2700x3600px
>>50802118
So for part 2 of the game, I asked for permission to play two characters who were stat bonded, so they shared powers, blood pool, skills, health, and so on, which the GM allowed. I played Cesare and Lucrezia Borgia, saying they had been turned into Ventrue (I figured people would be upset if I played a Malkavian again) and were a pair of incestuous vampire libertines who the party met when they got to Florence.

We were involved in a contest to determine a new Prince for the city, and it turned out one of the other contestants was a Sforza, who my characters hated because they were enemies of the Borgias from way back. So I encouraged the players to go after this guy hardcore, and we got into a huge fight with him and his minions.

We won the fight, and then when the Sforza vampire was down, I thought it would be a cool idea to diablerize him. I figured it made sense, since Cesare was supposed to be insane from syphilis and pretty vicious, and he really hated the guy, and I actually thought it would be interesting to roleplay it, since I would have to remain hidden and sort of provide assistance from the shadows, because if other vampires saw me, they'd know I was a diablerist.

So I asked the GM about the location of people on the map and whether anyone could see me, and based on what he said, thought I was hidden, then drank the guy's blood. The GM immediately then says that this other rival vampire sees me, turns into a bat creature, and flies off to inform the Invictus. So, I felt like I had been given some inaccurate information there, but the players were pissed, and kicked my characters out of their group. So the Borgias left Florence.
>>
File: napoleon glorieux.jpg (350KB, 407x658px) Image search: [Google]
napoleon glorieux.jpg
350KB, 407x658px
>>50790070
Don't know if that counts but I love this one

>NWoD game in which I play a Daeva of the Nelapsi bloodline (added nightmare powers and enormously increased hunger for blood)
>heavily inspired from Patrick Bateman (murderous psycho billionaire with a thin veneer of respectability)
>start as the prince's secretary
>get promoted to ambassador and right hand of the prince
>been gaining in power through repeatedly comitting amaranth and justifying it as "dispensing the prince's justice" on "criminals"
>gain insane amounts of power while on "diplomatic tours", feed the prince false info, gather contacts, bribe my way into everyone's good graces
>finally take the throne for myself in an orgy of violence
>put my cronies in offices power (other PCs)
what follows isn't in actual game time, but is the continuation of it
>even after it was supposed to stop, the body count keep adding up, both in human and vampire casualties
>can't feed on humans anymore so have to rely on bullying young vampires
>getting crazier and crazier because of the multiple amaranths, the sudden power gains and the intoxicating feeling of being the boss are tugging at all the right strings
>notably, start appearing at court in pic related garb

Right now, all the other PCs are plotting to overthrow and murder my character because they've only just realized how fucking EVIL he actually is.
I know about it but the character doesn't and I'll actually be GM'ing the games leading to them backstabbing him.
>>
File: Balthazar Yoel.png (195KB, 636x934px) Image search: [Google]
Balthazar Yoel.png
195KB, 636x934px
>>50802197
Finally, I made a Nosferatu who was specialized in obfuscate and mind control. I would stay invisible and ride around on the shoulders of this mind controlled woman, have her control a court jester puppet, like from a Punch and Judy show, and then speak to people telepathically as the puppet. It was a pretty hilarious character who I had a lot of fun with and everyone liked, especially when I actually bought a little jester puppet and would use it at the table when I talked.

This guy, though, did eventually betray the party. We met this Malkavian dominatrix princess who wanted to take over the city, and she tried to get us to drink her blood. We all said no and left, but then I told the GM I was going to go back and drink it and become her slave.

I meant it as a soft betrayal, where I figured I would feed information to our enemies and just cause problems, and I did it because the game was really struggling at that point. The game had really bogged down and we were getting increasingly frustrated with not really knowing what to do, and being very frustrated with the weird and meta rules that the GM had set up for how we were competing in, like, Vampire Survivor, to determine the next Prince. I thought this would be a fun thing to do and would get us out of the rut, where we had done very little but speculate and argue for a few games. The GM, though, escalated immediately to a huge assault by the Malkavians. I tried to play both sides in the fight, but it was a bloodbath, and the campaign ended. From the whole melee, only I and the one other girl with obfuscate escaped alive.

Oddly, the other players didn't seem mad at me for betraying them that time, which was the only time I technically did. I think they were relieved the game was over, because we had all been sort of bored and frustrated. Which, to be fair, was mostly my fault, for fucking everything up way earlier.
>>
>>50792174
I'm still a bit mad at how he just murdered the poor fighter and cleric who had nothing to do with his assassination.
>>
>>50802197
>using the OBJECTIVELY INFERIOR version of the Borgias
what is wrong with you ?
seriously though, If you haven't, watch pic related and you'll understand why "the Borgias" is a steaming pile of shit of a show
>>
>>50790070
Party of 5, all aboard a ship that had been taken over by a rogue AI and was about to ram a densely populated planet at lightspeed with 3 smaller ships attached. Myself and another player managed to get to one of the smaller ships while the other 3 were distracted. I'm flying, he immediately gets on the guns and destroys the other 2 small ships.

This was our final session though. Like, agreed ahead of time that was gonna be the last session.
>>
>>50802118
>WoD game
>job is to retrieve X and don't open it
>open it and bad things happens to those in the immediate vicinity
Why am I not surprised?
>>
It all started when in our first campaign I accidentally killed a priest NPC we'd been hanging around with in front of the queen using a magic weapon for the first time.

Later at the end of the campaign shortly after being broken out of jail, after being persuaded by a NPC, the silent party Ranger killed me for it by using the sacred ''higher ground'' technique while I had tumbled down a cliff chasing the big bad, waiting for them to pull me up.
My barbarian's last words were ''FUCK YOU, YOU ELVEN CUNT'' before he was shot to hell and his corpse was decapitated shortly afterwards to show proof I was dead (my Barbarian was a fan of collecting the heads of his enemies for various purposes, so he did this for pottery's sake).

Can't win em all, sadly.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.