[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That Guy Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 9aUmyU9.png (336KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
9aUmyU9.png
336KB, 512x512px
You know the drill. Post stories of the worst shitters you've ever encountered during tabletop or MTG events.
>>
File: DisGonBeFun.gif (373KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
DisGonBeFun.gif
373KB, 500x375px
>>50787413
>Get invited to a game by an IRL friend, I'm told to replace a player who recently left the group (I suspect because of the That Guy I'm about to describe).
>Go to the first session to catch up to where the current plot arc is and make a character.
>That guy had to skip that that week, but everyone else seemed cool.
>Discuss with them what kind of character I want to play, decide on playing a wizard from the region's big magic city, because the party is all martials and a cleric and needs someone who knows about magic.
>Everyone is cool with this and looking forward to it.
>Next session happens a week later, this time That Guy is there.
>GM is giving my character like a mini-plotarc to introduce him.
>Literally 5 minutes in and That Guy starts complaining he's bored and there's "nothing to do" and "why did you even invite us if the WHOLE GAME is going to be about the new guy (reminder only 5 minutes has passed, and I'm also sitting right there, and I also sat through an ENTIRE SESSION to get to know everyone else's characters first).
>GM hurries things along, I join the party proper, we're on the way to talk to the countess of the city because the party is looking for allies to fight along side themselves and a bunch of other groups who want to overthrow the current tyrannical noble family.
>That guy interprets this as my character getting more spotlight somehow, because as a resident of the city I'll be the one introducing them to Academy mages who can get us an audience with the countess.
>The rest of the party is having fun interacting with new NPCs and learning about this city and such, they're finding things to do and proactively taking part in the story
>That guy sulks and does nothing until we finally get our audience.
>During our audience with the Countess, That Guy decides he hates mages, hates magic, and hates the city, and basically tries to threaten the countess into being our allies OR ELSE!

1/2
>>
>>50787681
continue
>>
File: 1425569565617.jpg (49KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
1425569565617.jpg
49KB, 640x359px
>>50787681
>Anyway, the Countess immediately has that guy arrested and thrown in her dungeons by her royal guards, which far out-level us because they're fucking royal guards and were described as being decked out with all sorts of magical shit.
>That guy bitches that the GM basically pulled a "Rocks Fall" move, even though these guys were described to us when we entered.
>Anyway, despite That Guy's character being arrested, we do our damnedest with some Diplomacy skills and blame his outburst on the stresses of combat and being away from home and blah blah.
>That guy is in jail for more than a couple of hours in-game before we convince the countess to let him out.
>Well... now That Guy is REALLY fucking pissed.
>That Guy decides our best course of action now is to ASSASSINATE THE COUNTESS.
>ASSASSINATE THE COUNTESS... when we need allies, not ENEMIES, and are basically on a peaceful diplomatic mission.
>Session ends
>We meet up next week
>I find out he's been badgering the other players relentlessly to go along with this plan.
>After about 30 minutes of arguing in real time, they start to give in, because they just wana play the fukken game and the GM is being a fucking beta-bitch and not disallowing any of this even though everyone is clearly uncomfortable with this.

At this point I've seen enough, realize why the player I'm replacing quit, and, at the end of the session, politely thank the group for inviting me but announce that this isn't really the game for me and I won't be coming back.

I find out from my friend that invited me that 2 more players did the same thing in the following couple of sessions.
>>
>>50787413
Short, but from literally yesterday.
>Storming the tower with the bad guy atop of it
>Telekinetically throws the guy through the window right after entering his chamber
>Throws a massive tantrum when he doesn't find any diary, notes or anything explaining where the guy hide his loot
>Starts to make retarded calculations how it's impossible to just die by being thrown out of a window from 5th store
Newfags. Not even once.
>>
>>50787413
>the Starcraft diet plan, before energy drinks
>>
>>50787861
? ? ?

Explain
>>
>>50787681
>>50787791
Could they try sneaking some Ritalin into his drinks?
>>
>>50787907
That's Day9, who has followed the common progamer path from whippet to dadbod while sitting in front of a screen
>>
>Be me, 14 or 15 y/o 40k newfag, got introduced by some rich kid
>A friend comes over and sees the minis
>"What are these things? They look cool af."
>Explaining40k.jpg
>"Cool, I'm in."
>He goes for Necrons, I think it was in 2009 or 10
>His family has lots of money too and he's somewhat weird, so his family is really glad that he picked a hobby he devotes so much time into. He usually is the stereotypical neckbeard, quite calm, somewhat shy mostly quiet and not too talkative.
>We're living in a fairly rural area, the next GW is a 1 hour train ride away and the 40k scene here is very small.
>In a youth centre in the inner city, pretty much the only 40k group meets weekly on Tuesday evenings.
>I've been going there for some months now, fairly friendly people, but I feel out of touch since I'm just too young and the few people my age there are not the people I'd hang out with, but I still have fun playing the game and people enjoy playing against me too.
>I bring my aforementioned buddy along.
>He has been bragging to me about how my SMs have no chance of survival and generally about how unstoppable his army is for several weeks now.
>I actually hope he gets skullfucked.
>As we're hanging out, he brags to the other guys about how strong his army is and how good his Magic deck is (he used some really old cards that couldn't keep up due to powercreep.)
>I ask an IG guy I'm on good terms with to play him so he shuts up, he agrees instantly.
>Battle starts, fairly standard map, our club can't shit money, so we're using self-made/model train/etc. cover and buildings. A few houses in the middle with some forests and craters around. I'm busy somewhere else.
>The IG guy wins quite heavily.
>My buddy is reluctant to even shake hands after defeat, even rambling about how the IG guy cheats.
>During the game, you could constantly hear my buddy say: "What?", "How?", "That's bullshit.", "Oh, come on!", "Man, you're cheating!"
>My friend also is a HUGE rules lawyer.
1/2
>>
>>50787791
I swear I read this in another That Guy thread, did you post this before?
>>
>>50788467
A few times, yeah.
>>
>>50788417
>The people at the club rightly call him out about all his bragging, he somehow manages to weasel out, mainly by some shittalking (Map was unfair, he never played against that guy or IG and was nervous in such a large environment with spectators etc., fuck Leman Russ spam, bla bla). People were getting sick of him, so they let him slide.
>He sits down at the Magic table and again tells people how good his deck is etc.
>Some girl challenges him
>He gets his ass kicked, but his saving grace is that he had some really old and rare cards, so he didn't get hammered as badly as after the 40k game. People still call him out on his arrogance and bragging though and openly tell him they don't want players like him.
>He goes into a tantrum and argues with like 15 people, calls them intolerant and assholes and arrogant.
>I literally have to drag him out of that club.
>Never go there again.
>Years later he is still angry about how people could call him arrogant.
>>
File: This is why Japan Hates Us.png (660KB, 1432x808px) Image search: [Google]
This is why Japan Hates Us.png
660KB, 1432x808px
>Boss ropes me into being a GM because implied "I'll fire you xD"
>GMing for him and literally one other based guy
>Give me the adventure book to for a system I've never done before
>First few weeks are passable
>God awful boring, they dont just want a power fantasy, they want to be gods
>Just slowly shift it so that they can be the gods they want to be
>Applying for other jobs at this point
>Get hired somewhere else, put in two weeks notice
>Let the guy know that I'm dropping the group
>Comes out on the middle of the work room and starts screaming at me saying I'm a piece of shit GM, a shit worker ect
>Even other coworkers are shocked at his behavior since they aren't into RPGs
>Find out later two of them filed complaints with HR due to blatant employee abuse by a superior and that he's being investigated for possible sexual harassment
If you parooz this board, suck a dick faggot.
>>
>>50788616
>he's being investigated for possible sexual harassment
Was he trying to ERP with you?
>>
>>50788384
>Explain
>The explaination is even worse
English, motherfucker. Do you speak it?!
>>
>>50788384
oh wow.I knew I recognised him from somewhere
>>
>>50789005
Naw, from what I'm told, he apparently kept 'subtly' asking a girl out (repeating "Hey, why aren't we going out yet" about once every other day) and she got tired of that shit, primarily as she was engaged.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.