[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FALL OF CADIA, HERE WE COME!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 53

File: 1482221203919.jpg (54KB, 477x772px) Image search: [Google]
1482221203919.jpg
54KB, 477x772px
FALL OF CADIA, HERE WE COME!
>>
>>50784912
I want the Chaosfags at GW pushing Chaos on all three franchises to fucking die.
>>
But if Cadia fall, the Imperium fall, and then we have something akin to AoS: 40k Ediion
>>
>>50784932
>and then we have something akin to AoS: 40k Ediion
>primarchs coming back
>implying that's not their plan
>>
>>50784924
40k is all about marines vs chaos space marines, anon. Everything else like the necrons or the tyranids is the window dressing.
>>
>>50784953
Yeps and it sounds really shit.
>Even more focus on Muhreens and their Chaos counterpart
>Most iconic IG regiment is squated
>Doomsday scenario that no one can predict what it will end in, but will certainly lead to Chaos being a more prominent threat than say Necrons and Tyranids.

Especially the last one bothers me.
>>
>>50785014
Chaos has always been the primary threat to the galaxy.
>>
>>50784999
>Chaos is the main enemy
Why the fuck does nobody actually remember how 40k started?

Priestly is crying.
>>
>>50785036
The change in necron fluff makes them the primary threat. They've regained most of their tech and power structure from the War in Heavens.
and that's terrible.
>>
>>50785059
No, it doesn't. The Newcrons madness and disunity lowers their threat level.
>>
>>50785078
The Silent King is already in the galaxy and reunifying the necrons.
>>
Lets review the implications.

The Astra Militarum codex says that should Cadia fall, there will be nothing stopping the forces of Chaos from marching straight into the heart of the Imperium, Terra.

Also according to the Black Legion supplement, with the destruction of the Cadian pylons, the Eye of Terror will extend all the way to Terra. Eventually, the whole galaxy will be covered by it.

The galaxy is bloody doomed. Well, more than it already was at any rate.
>>
>>50785089
Not fast enough. Necrons are still fractured and there are Necron Phaerons who hate the guy or want his throne for themselves like Imotekh who is currently rules the mightiest and largest of the awakened dynasties.
>>
>>50784953
Imperium Faction.
Chaos Faction.
Alien Faction.

Free to choose models.

Look in your heart, you know it to be true.
>>
>>50785036
I would say that the Tyranids would be the primary threat to the galaxy. Now I do think that it's stupid of Geedubs to make 3 factions that are all painted as the main enemy of humanity and the galaxy, but to make to make Chaos the sole main threat again would take some serious retconning, that I really don't think that Geedubs is capable of doing competently.
>>
>>50785099
No, because this will advance the plot.
>>
>>50785129
>I would say that the Tyranids would be the primary threat to the galaxy.

And you would be wrong. Chaos has been said to be the greatest threat to mankind and the galaxy since its introduction. Now you are seeing this manifest before your eyes as the plot advances.

Glad the fluff will forcefully dispel whatever delusions the Tyranidfags had about their faction.
>>
File: 180px-Marius.png (26KB, 180x143px) Image search: [Google]
180px-Marius.png
26KB, 180x143px
>>50785036
>always
Don't say things you know aren't true. Chaos isn't even in the original game.

>mfw they're finally tearing the bandage off and trying to overwrite chambers' gift to the players
>>
>>50785139
Which is not an end to an of itself
>>
>>50785139
The plot is advancing.
>>
>>50785162
It's true doe.
>>
>>50785014
On the bright side, it might mean we actually get some non shit models for the guardsmen.
>>
>>50785178
Chaos isn't even in the original game. The closest thing to a "primary threat to the galaxy" in rogue trader were the hive fleets.
>>
>>50785160
Chaos is more or less contained to a small part of the galaxy, while the Tyranids is an unknown, enormous enemy that with every tendril does far more damage than any of Abaddons Black Crusade.

Now I agree that Chaos should have been the main threat from the beginning, but it simply isn't the case anymore, and as I said before, I don't trust GW to competently make Chaos the main threat while still making IG, Tyranids and Necrons interesting.
>>
>>50785180

Nah, look at their most recent dull attempt at sci-fi humans. I'd rather have Kasrkin.
>>
>>50785036

No, Chaos is the greatest threat to -humanity-.

For example, the Necrons, Tau and Orks are barely at threat from Chaos at all.
>>
>>50785180
While IG have a lot of cool regiments and models, Cadians are pretty good as the "standard" Guard army.
>>
File: Greatest threat 1.png (66KB, 1200x287px) Image search: [Google]
Greatest threat 1.png
66KB, 1200x287px
>>50785195
Chaos got mentioned in Rogue Trader. It was officially introduced later as a game faction. And from there onwards, Chaos was the BBEG of the setting.

Tyranids were never billed as the "primary" or greatest threat in any edition
>>
>>50785223
>Chaos got mentioned in Rogue Trader.
no, it got mentioned in later supplementary material after the fact
>>
>>50785215
The hat guys are pretty cool, although the breastplate looks ugly as sin.
>>
>>50785215
See, I prefer the Tempestus by far. However, I think the best option would be to bring the Solar Auxillia models from FW out as the main Guard style.
>>
>>50785160
Chaos has only been hyped up as the be all and end all threat in recent editions, and if you're upset that not everyone is endlessly fellating chaos, blame gw for refusing to make them a credible threat for over a decade
>>
File: The End of all things.png (148KB, 683x268px) Image search: [Google]
The End of all things.png
148KB, 683x268px
>>50785207
>Chaos is more or less contained to a small part of the galaxy

False.

Chaos is everywhere in the galaxy. From within or without. Humanity's is rotten to the core by Chaos's corruption despite Imperial efforts to combat it.

And Abaddon Black Crusades ravage and destroy thousands of worlds. Also as the End Times approach, psykers are exploding into daemons. A thousand were lost in an instant to Chaos thanks to that. This just the prelude as humanity is reaching the critical point of their psychic evolution.

So get out of here with saying the Hive Fleets did more damage.

>>50785217
(picture related)

Get out.
>>
>>50785078
They have crypteks that can see the future and machines that can snuff out stars at the other end of the galaxy like candles. And a leader that wants to unite them instead of the mad gods of the previous editions. And now they have access to diplomacy.
Everything the other factions can do, the newcrons do it better.

>>50785215
That commissar is pretty good, though.
>>
File: rogue trader.png (226KB, 453x406px) Image search: [Google]
rogue trader.png
226KB, 453x406px
>>50785223
>Chaos was the BBEG of the setting.
no it wasn't

There was no BBEG of the setting, and the imperium's own people were its greatest threat and the primary reason for its harsh measures.

Read the book, man. It's pretty interesting.
>>
File: Greatest threat 2.png (23KB, 544x339px) Image search: [Google]
Greatest threat 2.png
23KB, 544x339px
>>50785253
So third edition is a recent edition? Get out of here, newfag.

This this before the door hits you in the back >>50785255. This quote was featured in every main rulebook since 3th ED as well as the proclamation that Chaos is the greatest and it's got stamina.
>>
>>50785238
> Solar Auxillia
Please no. Even Cadian look far better.
>>
>>50785262
When I said introduced as a game faction, I meant 3th ED.

>>50785258
>They have crypteks that can see the future

With less accuracy than warp seers and the Warp screws their math.

>hat can snuff out stars at the other end of the galaxy like candles.

The Orrey is as much a threat to its users as it is to its victims.

>leader that wants to unite them instead of

He is no longer their leader. Madness and personal ambition sees to the Newcrons being disunited.
>>
>>50784912
Celestine-Helbrecht-Yarrick are on the way, Cadia is fucked but Chaos is triple fucked.

Get on the ZEAL TRAIN faggots, we're gonna skullfuck heretics!
>>
File: 1472260044353.png (3MB, 1306x907px) Image search: [Google]
1472260044353.png
3MB, 1306x907px
>>50785298

Educate urself my man
>>
>>50785255
>Chaos is everywhere in the galaxy. From within or without. Humanity's is rotten to the core by Chaos's corruption despite Imperial efforts to combat it.

Its primary military might is in the Eye of Terror, which is all things considered a small part.

Also Abaddons Black Crusades haven't been nearly as effective as the Tyranid Hive Fleets.
>>
File: rogue trader.png (230KB, 455x422px) Image search: [Google]
rogue trader.png
230KB, 455x422px
>>50785298
>When I said introduced as a game faction, I meant 3th ED.
Well you'd still be wrong, because chaos was introduced as a game faction before the end of rogue trader, with white dwarf and the later Realm of Chaos books.

And even ignoring that, 3rd edition's fluff is basically a straight copy of 2nd edition's stuff that they later built on.

posting more pre-chaos fluff because it's cool
>>
>>50785300
>Helbrecht
>Yarrick

Last we see them in 999 41K, they were chasing Ghaz but when he disappeared they smashed into tendrils of Leviathan.

They got struck fighting Tyranids and Helbrecht frustrated with the amounting marine deaths.
>>
>>50785317
>Its primary military might is in the Eye of Terror

And Maelstorm and other strongholds in the galaxy.

>Also Abaddons Black Crusades haven't been nearly as effective as the Tyranid Hive Fleets.

Actually, they were. Tyranids are lucky to break a few hundred imperial wotlds before being stopped. Crusades reap thousands.

Why do you think that the Imperium is ignoring the Tyranid threat to focus on the 13th Black Crusade? (source the recent Deathwatch legend novel).

Tyranids do not have the destructive capability of Chaos.
>>
>>50785255

>The universe will explode if the emperor dies fluff

Carnac, nobody is talking to you.

Yes, that fluff concept has been mentioned.

Yes, they could actually go that way if they're stupid enough to AoS the setting.

We're calling that fundamentally stupid. Furthermore, chaos marines are literally -only- a concern to the three factions I mentioned because of that gibberish.

Fuck off.
>>
>>50785320
And it became a fully fleshed faction in 3th ED which added the quote about Chaos destroying all reality and all life in the galaxy if the Emperor fails.

So 3th ED explained why the emergence of psykers were such a threat and by saying CHAOS.
>>
>>50785351
Nobody is talking to you! Fuck off, if you already know that fluff. The anons I am talking to don't know or ignored that fluff. They don't know that this was introduced early in the setting.
>>
File: codex_chaos_2nd_ed.jpg (503KB, 494x672px) Image search: [Google]
codex_chaos_2nd_ed.jpg
503KB, 494x672px
>>50785358
>And it became a fully fleshed faction in 3th ED
are you an idiot?

pretty much everything about chaos is as it was all the way back in >>50785313
>>
>>50785343
The Crusades very, very really reaps thousands. Mostly they are stopped a Cadia, or quickly hunted down.

Also the Imperium isn't ignoring the Tyranids, but as of now they are somewhat contained, so when Chaos give it their biggest try yet, the Imperium will of course focus on that first. The true theat of the Tyranids is that we have only seen the smallest fraction of them yet.
>>
>>50785219
Sure, they work as the standard if you like mediocre/generic as fuck models. The problem is there really isn't an option to switch to if you don't like the "baby's first soldier" models. You get to choose between Cadians and EXTREMELY dated models.
>>
>>50785372
But not the Chaos exploding the universe if the Emperor dies which was only in the main 3th ED rulebook which established it as the primary thraet to the setting.
>>
>>50784912
>implying Creed and General Sturnn won't push back all of the assaults of Abaddon and reclaim the Cadian Sector

R-Right guys ? ;_;
>>
>>50785089
He's trying to reunite tghem, but without command proocols (those he destroyed himself) there is no way he could succeed. I'd rather believe in Imotech conquering all other dynasties as a wa for crons to reunite.
>>
>>50785385
It's like you think the universe was created in 1998, and everything before that doesn't even exist.
>>
File: Black Crusade (6th ED Map).png (2MB, 1819x905px) Image search: [Google]
Black Crusade (6th ED Map).png
2MB, 1819x905px
>>50785373
>The Crusades very, very really reaps thousands. Mostly they are stopped a Cadia, or quickly hunted down.

False. The crusades went all over the place and sent the Imperium reeling each time.

>Also the Imperium isn't ignoring the Tyranids

They are. Kryptman gambit bought time but as the storyline progressed, Leviathan broke through and is heading towards Terra despite the efforts of Eldar, Orks, and Imperials to contain it.
>>
File: The Great Awakening (CSM dex).png (617KB, 945x328px) Image search: [Google]
The Great Awakening (CSM dex).png
617KB, 945x328px
>>50785408
Add to that humanity's psyker evolution that's threatening to tear reality asunder.

What other faction can cause thousands of worlds to be lost in span of a few moments?
>>
>>50785391
Of all the recent campaigns Imperium only won in one. Damnos. And it was so stupid and over the top GW still didn't was off all the shit community trown at them for it.
>>
>>50785451
Why was Damnos shitty?

Anyways, the Imperium won in Sanctus Reach and kinda in Shield of Baal.
>>
>>50785408
Wait, when did it leave Ontariums empire? Last time I checked Ghazzy was moving there to merge Ontarius Waagh with his own and have some fun crumping bug gitz.
>>
>>50785458
Ohh...and i forgot the Imperium won in the event excursive campaign book "Blood Oath".
>>
>>50785467
Deathwatch novel. The Tyranids and Orks are spilling out of the sector which mandated the deathwatch to act to stem the tide before the spillage becomes so overwhelming for an Imperium facing the 13th Black Crusade.

What Ghaz did is defeat the Tyranids on the Ork capital world. However, the Hive Fleet responded by sending two more tendrils towards the world.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMtgswEn0Ok

5 minute mark, some hints
>>
>>50785458
1000 marines legit conquering entire majot tomb world. Not destroying it with great sacrifice and a help from near-omnipotent ally like witht a World Engine. And they didn;t even took much casualities. Oh, and it outeright ignored the fact Ultras didn't recover from the Bloodborn attack that took out 1/3 of their chapter.

And at the crown of this shitfest Marneus Fuckin Calgar lifts a Pylon (ypu know, the SUPER HEAVY gun platform) on his own and somehow fires it at tomb complex. How? Fuck you that's how.
>>
>>50785500
you're just upset that the necrons decisively lost for once
>>
>>50784924

Chaos was always going to be the main bad guy from the moment the Realms of Chaos books were published. This is especially true in 40k where arguably the biggest event in the setting was a result of Chaos and the main faction for Chaos are also Space Marines, the most popular of which are tied to the aforementioned event.

>>50784932

It'd be easy for them to write this as a standstill, Chaos overtakes Cadia but the Imperium controls space. Wrath of Magnus blew up some no name planet and left Fenris damaged, but intact.

>>50785052

Priestly also wrote a decent amount of what sets the stage for Chaos being the main bad guy in 40k. You can't write about the Heresy being the most important event in 40k and go into detail about the Traitor Legions and then try to pretend they're not really important or a threat.

Rogue Trader was a completely different beast and it's somewhat hard to act like it matters when so much of it has been changed with Priestly being present for it.
>>
So the End Times begins?
>>
File: Be'lakor.png (1MB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Be'lakor.png
1MB, 600x800px
>>50785542
Be'lakor, Aka HERALD OF THE END TIMES, said that the End Times has begun and that the galaxy will fall to the Chaos Ascendant. And the dude is never wrong when it comes to stuff like this.

I mean he made the same proclamation in fantasy when he crowned Archaon as the Everchosen and acted as HERALD OF THE END TIMES there.

The galaxy is toast.
>>
>>50785267
I like you you casualy sidestep the whole "gw has made chaos look like a joke" that was my entire point. necrons were originaly sold to us as the ultimate cause of every problem in the galaxy and the nids were said to be a threat that dwarfed all others, the phrase "the greatest x" has been used to describe all of the factions in the game save tau.
and grow some thicker skin you goddamn child
>>
File: image.jpg (169KB, 763x787px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169KB, 763x787px
>>50785494
>Black Templars+Celestine+Yarrick

Zeal team five is ready to purge.
>>
File: blizzard-logo.jpg (495KB, 1272x872px) Image search: [Google]
blizzard-logo.jpg
495KB, 1272x872px
>>50785570
Well looks like GW vs Blizzard soon will be totally over.
>>
>>50785570

Till he gets crushed by a rock.
>>
File: Greatest threat 3.png (612KB, 1326x296px) Image search: [Google]
Greatest threat 3.png
612KB, 1326x296px
>>50785578
>"gw has made chaos look like a joke"

Because that's your opinion and it not based on fact.

In reality, all main rulebooks said that Chaos is the greatest threat and that all xenos threats are nothing compared to it. The word GREATEST (I GOT STAMINA) was used only for Chaos.
>>
>>50785593
Rocks cannot touch shapeless shadowy smoke. Truefax.
>>
>>50785597
>The word GREATEST (I GOT STAMINA) was used only for Chaos.
it actually wasn't, but I'm not in the mood to deal with your weird autism right now
>>
>>50785521
Necrons lost multiple times in the fluff, but wheter it was against a single chapter it was either s minor tomb or with some outside help. Major tombs require something along a full blown crusade. If Ultras attacked Damnos with some twenty regiments of guard, titan demi-legion and few knight households and won through clever tactics I'd took it perfectly fine. Bot no. They attecked alone only with their serf auxiliary and won through plot armour and silly personal heroism which is more of a Space Wolf thing, whether Ultras are supposed to be tactical and methodical no-bullshit combat pragmatists.
>>
>>50785616
I'll take your concession and lack as proof graciously and see you off.

We had morons like you in fantasy threads as well. You will only get gradually BTFO as we get more releases.
>>
>>50785612
Not ulses they are thrown by motherfucking DINOSAURS
>>
>>50785636
>as we get more releases
m8 this conversation was about prior releases

Why are you so obsessed with getting the last word in?
>>
>>50785634
Like how they rewrote the World Engine, they should rewrite Damnos round 2, methinks.
>>
>>50785597
so you mean that the 13 crusades of failbaddon wasn't only recently retconned out? chaos have been jobbing just as hard as any other faction till this recent edition.
>>50785636
you call others newfags yet bring up new releases in lore discussions (forgetting the fact that chaos was always the bigbad of fantasy even in the really early days)
>>
>>50785660
Because the newer releases will be a copypaste of the previous stuff...duuuh. Reaffirming what's been established for years.

>Why are you so obsessed with getting the last word in?

The same reason you are. Now get out. This is MY thread now.
>>
File: Black Crusades (3th-4th ED).png (752KB, 1683x881px) Image search: [Google]
Black Crusades (3th-4th ED).png
752KB, 1683x881px
>>50785675
>so you mean that the 13 crusades of failbaddon wasn't only recently retconned out? chaos have been jobbing just as hard as any other faction till this recent edition.

Nice historically revision you got here.

Next you gonna tell me that all Crusades were meant to take Cadia and Terr and they were all stopped by Creed?

>you call others newfags yet bring up new releases in lore discussions (forgetting the fact that chaos was always the bigbad of fantasy even in the really early days)

And so was Chaos always billed as the BBEG the first moment of its introduction. You guys want to rewrite the past but forgetting we got PROOF that you live in a fantasy world.

Be right back. Got fix something.
>>
>>50785215
Is it sad that I like Tempestus Scions more than Cadians? They just feel more baroque and in line with the architecture of the game than standard Cadians IMO
>>
>>50785710
Nope. They look like troops where technology actually advanced instead of using the same tech for 38000 years.
>>
File: (cantwakeup).jpg (12KB, 210x209px) Image search: [Google]
(cantwakeup).jpg
12KB, 210x209px
Why can't GW just finally have their stocks die so the company goes belly up and all their IP's are sold on the market to literally anybody, because anybody at this point would do a better job than those fucking monkeys employed by GW.

>our game is failing
>HYPE MODELS SELL MODELS
>game is too bloated, people don't want any more models!
>TRY TO SELL FLUFF, PEOPLE LOVE FLUFF
>profits still not doing well
>FUCKING KILL EVERYTHING

>tfw GW will never fucking realize that the reason why both WHFB and 40K are dead/dying is because their rules suck complete fucking ass and has nothing to do with the fluff or models, but that they are a game company, and their game is a total piece of shit that will never get fixed or balanced.
>>
File: Heresy.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Heresy.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>>50784912
I juat started building my cadian army. sign
>>
File: 14822328781660-wh.jpg (32KB, 298x400px) Image search: [Google]
14822328781660-wh.jpg
32KB, 298x400px
Has been.
>>
>>50785826
But that campaign ended in a stalemate.
>>
>>50785790
>game is too bloated, people don't want any more models!
That's where you're wrong cunt.
I love the wast majority of new models GW has made, and wish that they would release even more, including plastic Aspect Warriors and Phonix Lords.
>>
>>50785840

What do you think has a good possibility of happening here?
>>
Why are people freaking out? Roughly 120% of the game's playerbase has Marines as a primary or secondary army. GW will never do anything to truly alienate Imperial players.

If the rumors about the new plastic Celestine being released as part of a storyline where she's storming the Cadian Gate are true, even Cadia itself may not stay fallen for long, if a tall.

>>50785710

No, they are better suited to the 40k setting. I'd love GW to commit to some new plastic Guard kits. Having even two or three options for a revamped plastic Cadian look along with Steel Legion and maybe Mordian would be wonderful.
>>
>>50785679
>This is MY thread now.
Carnac you are just the saddest individual.
>>
>>50785907
But i am happy just by having you, anon.

<3

>>50785856
Something else.

Post the Storm of Chaos Campaign book in /AoS/ and /WHFB/, why dontcha?
>>
>>50785238
>Plastic Solars Auxillia

My dick is ready...
>>
>>50785790
Actually, WHFB sales skyrocketted during the End Times period because the fluff event sparked interest.

They made loads of money.
>>
>>50785958

Storm of Chaos was a fuckup and even still I think GW took parts of it for the End Times.

If GW wanted to move 40k forward a tiny bit before leaving it in stasis again then the Eye of Terror campaign would be fine for that. Off the top of my head the only alternative I can see is them trying to repeat what they currently doing with the Horus Heresy where it's taking years to get to Terra.
>>
>>50785989
>They made loads of money.
Source?
>>
>>50785989
You mean people like it when the game they play has a story that actually progresses? You absolute madman!
>>
>>50786012
The financial report that says they sold fantasy stuff more than they did in previous years.
>>
>>50786024
I know, rigjht? If they apply this to 40K, imagine all the income they can generate.
>>
>>50785855
I'm not talking about personally dumbass. I was referencing WHF with how it stagnated with people not buying a whole lot more models, and how this mirroring what's happening to 40k. Oldfags with the FUCKHUEG armies end up playing epic in a skirmish game, making entry into it pretty hard for some people depending if their scene supports stuff like kill team or not (or just lower point 40k games), and it just in general being hard to jump into the hobby right now thanks to the prices and community.

The whole situation is fucked, but the rules lie at the heart of it. 40k is a horrible game that is objectively terrible because it is so WOEFULLY imbalanced with shit like wraithknights or space marines getting half their army for fucking free. It's an endless cycle of escalating rules to counter another codex's bullshit.

GW just needs to sit the fuck down and STANDARDIZE EVERYTHING. Have ONE team of guys work on every codex, and scrap all current rules and re-do everything. but not AOS it, AOS is far too simple. Go back to 2E roots for 40k.
>>
>>50785123
Imperial Agents book was 1st step to: Grand Alliance Humans
>>
>>50786033
>The financial report that says they sold fantasy stuff more than they did in previous years.
Numbers, not Kirby's words.
>>
>>50786096
Piss off, slav.
>>
>>50785981
I mean if the Big E comes back somehow it would make sense. They were his vision for the Guard.
>>
>>50786051

Imperial Agents in a way just seems like a vehicle to give both the Inquisition and Sisters a physical set of rules and make it easier for people to buy more models. Now you can use models from the IG, GK, and DW ranges without having to buy each codex.
>>
>>50786162

I do need to get a look at Imperial Agents.

Do they let you mix and match from the various groups? As I would rather like to put an assassin with my Sisters.
>>
>>50786184
They still have to be in their own detachment, so you can have a sisters detachment and an assasin detachment in your army just the same as you could before.
>>
>>50786184

Yes, like the Anon above said you just add an extra detachment to your army since every faction within the book has their own special one.
>>
>>50786243
>>50786289

Ah, ok. So while they are the same book they are not technically the same army.

Thanks.
>>
>>50786301
Yup. Kind of pointless.
>>
>>50786314

A bit, yeah. Mix and match and they'd have basically had enough units for a full army (And enough transport options to make it interesting.)
>>
>>50785207
isnt the chaos doomsday scenario basically a bigger version of the WFB one? the emperor dies and the entire fabric of reality shatters and gets merged with the warp

id say the other races would be affected by that friend
>>
>>50786314

Not really, the intention is obviously that you add parts to an already existing Imperial army. I think it's a much better compromise than having to take IG units if you want a Techpriest, some Valkyries, or some Psykers or having to take GK if you want an Inquisitor and Acolytes and/or an Assassin.

It puts all the parts in one convenient book instead of forcing you to juggle multiples. Nothing stopping you from taking everything as a full army either.

>>50786322

Certain units can take transport options from other factions within the book.
>>
>Cadia falls
>Chaos finally reaches Terra
>They destroy the Emporer s corpse
>The astronomic on flickers out
>The Eye of Terror retreats and closes
>The traitor legions are now stuck in real space surrounded by what's left of the imperial forces
>The only escape is through the human webway
>The webway is full of Ynnead
>>
File: 125169605786.jpg (73KB, 450x333px) Image search: [Google]
125169605786.jpg
73KB, 450x333px
>>50785840
>But that campaign ended in a stalemate
>>
>>50786438

Beating up a bunch of guardsmen doesn't mean anything if all your ships get blown to shit.
>>
File: 1407700300382.jpg (37KB, 500x310px) Image search: [Google]
1407700300382.jpg
37KB, 500x310px
>>50785014

>Cadia falls
>they have to squat the Cadian line

Stupid nigga there are probably one hundred billion cadians all over the galaxy
>>
>>50786458
Except they didn't have their ships blown to shit.
Chaos controlled Cadian space, while the Imperials merely held the space lanes.
>>
>>50786459
I wish they would squat Cadians. They look like shit.
>>
>>50786386
Is there a reason Vendettas aren't there?
>>
>>50785215
Kasrkin are the right choice my friend.
>>
>>50786458
All the Imperial Navy did was lower the amount of men and resources flowing into the Cadian Gate.
>>
Was that a red Dark Eldar Incubus amongst the Black Templars in the stream a min ago?
>>
>>50786459

Not to mention that the Cadian models have sort of become the face for every regiment that didn't use to have models or a history, just change up the color scheme.

>>50786485

Holding the space lanes is good enough is it somehow prevents Chaos from leaving the Cadian system.

>>50786505

I think the Vendetta got removed from the IG codex and is strictly a FW model now. It probably won't come back ruleswise in anything GW publishes until you can buy it from them.
>>
>>50786564
The Vendetta is still in the guard codex.
>>
>>50786564
>Holding the space lanes is good enough is it somehow prevents Chaos from leaving the Cadian system.

It didn't. It stopped the Cadian Gate from being fully overwhelmed but the Chaos forces hit the sectors nearby the Cadian sectors.
>>
>>50786605

Well then I'm not sure. All I know is that the Vendetta isn't in the Scion codex either and the Death from the Skies update seemed to foist it off on FW.
>>
File: uncle death hype.jpg (85KB, 250x500px) Image search: [Google]
uncle death hype.jpg
85KB, 250x500px
>>50785494

>Saint Celestine in the head of a Black Templar crusade into the Cadian gate

HYPE TRAIN
>>
File: 3Ri4Pb94c50.jpg (232KB, 1274x720px) Image search: [Google]
3Ri4Pb94c50.jpg
232KB, 1274x720px
Who the fuck is the guy in read armor?
>>
File: 1260579524312.png (380KB, 691x470px) Image search: [Google]
1260579524312.png
380KB, 691x470px
>>50786458
>Beating up a bunch of guardsmen doesn't mean anything if all your ships get blown to shit.

They're called Warp Portals, mortal. The Forces of Chaos have no need to control the space lanes.
>>
>>50786790
red armor
>>
>>50786790
>>50786801

Looks like an Eldar...
>>
Something about all armies can be used. I hope that doesn't mean in the actual narrative, I will not accept Tau being present at all.
>>
>>50786815
Wasnt that just for the missions?
>>
>>50786809
It's a fucking incubus. The fuck?
>>
>>50786838
I didn't hear it too well when they said it, I assume that would be the case but they've done stupid shit before.
>>
>>50786847
The Dark Eldar are working with the Magos to repair the Golden Throne.
>>
>>50786796
They lost Vraks because they didn't control the space around it.
>>
>>50785215
IG player, I hate those shit models. They're fucking ugly as hell and they don't fit in the play style at all.
Pay the same as SM but get 4+and no characters, great idea!
>>
>>50786847

Looks somewhat too elaborate to just be a simple Incubus.
>>
File: 1474900181139.png (135KB, 591x694px) Image search: [Google]
1474900181139.png
135KB, 591x694px
>>50786871
Shit ....this makes absolute sense.
>>
>>50785089
yeah speaking of him who's here beating he's going to be a model?

the way he is describe would make him part of a C'tan box
>>
File: shitnigga.jpg (26KB, 471x355px) Image search: [Google]
shitnigga.jpg
26KB, 471x355px
>>50786897
>Chaos lost Vraks
>The Siege of Vraks was an Imperial miltary campaign fought over the course of 17 standard years to retake the Imperial Armoury World of Vraks Prime from the heretical Forces of Chaos led by the Apostate Cardinal-Astra Xaphan.
>The Imperial Guard's 88th Siege Army was raised from line regiments of the Death Korps of Krieg to undertake the siege of Vraks and bring the renegade cardinal down in a campaign of attrition that the Administratum's Adepts calculated would take 12 standard years to successfully conclude.
>At the conclusion of what became a 17-year-long campaign of attrition requiring 34 regiments of the Imperial Guard to re-take the planet for the Emperor of Mankind in 830.M41, 14 million Imperial Guardsmen had been lost and Vraks Prime's entire original population of 8 million souls had been consumed in the violence or exterminated after they fell to Chaos corruption. The world was then declared dead and "Perdita" by the Imperium and placed under an interdiction to cordon it off from the rest of human space as ordered by the Ordo Malleus' Inquisitor Lord Hector Rex.

Imperial Victory, huh? Can't understand why you don't have enough manpower to reinforce the Cadian Gate at all...
>>
>>50786944

Doesn't hurt that Chaos taking over is nothing but bad for the Dark Eldar in the long term.
>>
>>50786949
Vraks was a shitshow ...that being said, Deathkorps are a horrible example for losses because they are pretty much vat breed and shiped out to drown the enemy with their dead bodies.
>>
File: 1253619892042.jpg (64KB, 514x514px) Image search: [Google]
1253619892042.jpg
64KB, 514x514px
>>50786458

To quote the end of the online 13th Black Crusade results...

>"Darkness has fallen across a hundred worlds, and for the defenders of the Cadian Gate, the pure light of day now seems but a distant memory. Though the forces of the Despoiler have been denied the ultimate prize of the fall of Cadia, Abaddon’s hordes have gained a foothold upon the worlds of Man, and none can see them being repelled for many years to come. Abaddon and his council of three have outmanoeuvred and out fought the forces of the Imperium at almost every turn. Corpses litter the battlefields in their millions, yet millions more still stand beleaguered, against a foe that knows no mercy and whose only goal is the utter destruction of all who stand before them.'

>The Thirteenth Black Crusade has broken the Imperium’s hold upon the Cadian Gate- perhaps forever. The raging tempest of the Eye of Terror has surged forth, engulfing those worlds lost to Chaos. The Imperium no longer bars the gate to the Eye, only a small channel remains through which Imperial Navy vessels may pass to bring aid to the desperate forces upon Cadia.

At the close of the Thirteenth Black Crusade, Cadia still stands. But she stands alone, a failing beacon flickering against the encroaching night. Total war is come to Segmentum Obscurus, and all hopes of repelling the invaders are dashed. The Imperium must now consolidate its grip upon those worlds it still holds, and prepare to fight a war that will not end within the lifetime of any of its combatants. While Cadia still stands, humanity has reason to hope, but Abaddon the Despoiler has finally achieved what he has failed to do on twelve previous occasions, over ten thousand years- he has breached the Cadian Gate, and none can now hold back the inexorable tide of Chaos unleashed upon the Imperium of Man."

Yeah, Chaos won that.
>>
>>50785500
>Bloodborn attack that took out 1/3 of their chapter.
yeah bloodborn never happen
>>
>>50785494
>Black Templar now numale chapter
>>
>>50787041
BT have to hold the SoB hands so the maidens actually do something without dying in droves achieving nothing but a waste of power armour and bolters.
>>
So...Celestine is totally getting captured and brainwashed into a DP os Slaanesh, isn't she?
>>
>>50786871
Considering the BT-Bro's hate psykers, and the DEldos aren't into psyker, I give this a thumbs up.
>>
>>50787081

They only hate unsanctioned psykers.
>>
File: Not amused.jpg (19KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
Not amused.jpg
19KB, 375x500px
>>50787068
>So...Celestine is totally getting captured and brainwashed into a DP os Slaanesh, isn't she?

Yeah, that's why they made a brand new Imperial miniature of her, so they could kill it...

Y'know, after everyone screamed Logan Grimnar would die in Wrath of Magnus and sensible posters pointed out how they wouldn't kill someone with a brand new model, you'd think people would work this out...
>>
>>50786809
>>50786847
Mercenary hired by the Inquisitor, maybe? The DE have been known to act as mercenaries, and radical Inquisitors have been known to consort with Xenos to battle greater threats.

Or maybe he just hated Chaos enough that he just showed up one day and went "Hey, mon'keigh, I heard you were having Chaos problems. Want some help? ;)"
>>
>>50787068

Where the hell does that theory come from?
>>
>>50787103
FUCK THAT NEW SHIT

ALWAYS ANGRY
ALL THE PSYKERS
>>
>>50787132

I also thought he may be with the Inquisitor.

>>50787144

Doesn't make much sense though since they rely on psykers for both travel and communication.
>>
>>50787138
Nothing but fetish fuel...I bet he likes the idea of corrupting a pure maiden.
>>50787132
I like the merc theory.
>>
>>50787144

I'm sure you'll enjoy having zero ability to tell where you are going in the warp.
>>
>>50786790
They mentioned on the stream that the new Inquisitor hates a specific ally in this campaign. Elder working with Black Templars somehow(or Celestine trigger Inquisitor for some reason)?
>>
>>50787126
All the new models in fantasy was killed off in End Times.

Nagash, Mannfred, and everyone died.
>>
>>50787174

Celestine could arouse suspicion.

>>50787176

False.
>>
>>50787144
I liked them like that too, but it is no longer canon, face it anon...
Or else they would have struck the inquisitor down since they confirmed on the stream that she's a psyker and had people try to guess what ML she was.
>>
>>50787208
Most likely, though mysterious red guy doesn't look very Imperial.
>>
>>50787176
>All the new models in fantasy was killed off in End Times.
>Nagash, Mannfred, and everyone died.

Nagash and Mannfred Von Carstein both are in Age of Sigmar as characters of the story, not just old models you can use. Stormcast found and freed Mannfred, who led them to Nagash where they attempted to reforge an old alliance...

The fact is, the newer the model, the less likely GW are to kill them off. It goes double so for plastic, which GW is shifting to...

If you're a metal/finecast model you might get a new plastic, or die, or be upgraded like Kayvaan Shrike will be when he gets his new Chapter Master Shrike plastic figure pack.
>>
>>50787160
>>50787171
WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' PSYKERS
WE GOT FAITH

>>50787238
I saw, Anon, I saw. Leave me to my psykerless journey through the warp, as all is lost.
>>
>>50785215

You do understand karsikin are still around
>>
I honestly thought they would kill Catachans before Cadians
>>
>>50785578

Except nothing else has ever been described as the greatest threat. That is and always has been chaos. They even make a direct comparison to xenos and say those threats aren't as important. They couldn't spell it out any clearer. You're just wrong.
>>
>>50787425
>catachan tyranid jungle boogaloo
it's too cool for this world, man
>>
>>50787138

I read somewhere that agents of chaos want to capture a saint the learn what she is and experiment on them
>>
>>50787452

Also chaos invaded Catachan before and got BTFO by a fucking poison dart
>>
>>50786790
Damn, new art really is getting deviantart tier.
And worse, they're copypasting minis.
>>
>>50784912
>destruction of the cadia gate
called it

For one i actually welcome this because we can finally see a story progression in an actual meaningful way.

Predictions so cap it now
>Cadia falls
>Chaos fuck shit up and make massive gains
>primarhcs and demon primarcs come back
>Eldar pull out their final Gotcha! and trick slaneesh and get all their souls freed.
>Necrons finally stop hitting the snooze button
>Gork and Mork stop fighting for one sec to start up a new waaagh
>Cypher kills the Big E finally
>Big E comes back and breaks his favorite toy because magnus broke it first and says fuck it we are gonna do it live.
>Leads a new crusade
>split within the iom
>Tau still keep being fuck heads
>Dark eldar are still edgy fucks
>And nids keep nomming but in greater numbers now.
>>
>>50787547
How to ruin the setting yet end up back where you started anyway.
>>
>>50785570
So Bel'Akor is really Aaron Dembski-Bowden?
>>
>>50785262

Is that a fucking Custodes in the background?
>>
>>50787572
I would not say ruin but to touch a bit more on it this is whats gonna happen.

SO GW knows 30k is selling like fire, so what would they do? Try and replicate it the best they can.

That means they need 2 maga forces working against each other that are organized and not a crippling empire. So the big E is gonna come back some of his son are as well, and then they are gonna duke it out for the universe.

So in a way yes, its going to push it forward, so that we have major changes, and at the same time, leave it where it is.

Everyone claiming OMG they are gonna end times it, are just crying about the sky falling because GW learned its lesson that nuking an entire universe of lore because LOL reboot, is a horrible marketing strategy, especially considering that 40k has a lot bigger fanbase and following this fantasy did.
>>
>>50787619
GW has clearly not learned it's lessons making rules recently, what makes you think the writers have? If you're going to dial up all the threats, the Imperium needs to not split but rally and hard when the Big E reemerges. You know, which would be a massive change since that's not what it is like now. It seems everyone has a hard on for making the Imperium lose almost everything and that somehow is compensated by the Emperor being back.
>>
>>50787619

Well doesn't sound that bad

Can't wait for the primarch corcle jerk in 40k
>>
>>50787602
at the time they were called Imperial Bodyguards, but yes
>>
Age of emperor is the most retarded name ever
>>
File: no step on snek.jpg (35KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
no step on snek.jpg
35KB, 640x427px
>>50787660
>Can't wait for the primarch corcle jerk in 40k
aahhh
>>
>>50787648
Because it would be a good thing if they lost and then the big E came back?

Here is the thing, the reason the IoM needs to loose some is because right now, they never loose, and thats a problem it does not make for a good story when one faction never actually meaningfully has a loss. Right now its always the IoM wins at the end of the day.

The big E coming back would represent the whole IoM not being fuck wits any more, tech would take an upturn and start advancing again, or at least reach 30k levels again.

The IoM split is going to happen before the Big E comes back, watch i bet its going to be like the last moment, when terra is getting shit on, then outta the webway portal in the basement the Big E is gonna walk out to a smoke machine and back in black, and start fucking stuff up and getting shit in order. Primarchs are gonna be full boner mode, chaos will be pushed outta terra but at the cost of loosing cadia which means they now have a permanent foot hold in the real space.
>>
>>50786949
14 million is nothing, Russians lost that and more in ww2
>>
>>50787699

>chaos fans with the whole imperium never looses

They win with the worst loses millions dead or entire chapters decimated
>>
>>50787699
So what you're saying is you want 40k to be 30k but with Mars Pattern Rhino hulls instead. Primarchs can stay in the realms of legend where they belong but the current crew are desperate for something 'fun and awesome' so they'll trample all sense in the quest to sell giant plastic eyesores.
>>
>>50787686
its to generic anyway, probably cant copyright that.
>>
>plot is finally advancing
>people are still complaining
why
this is what we wanted all this time
>>
>>50787928
That was before AoS.
>>
>>50787928

Fuck off I never wanted it to advance
>>
>>50787440
Chaos will eventually be the persistent enemy because warp exists as long as sentient beings exist

>and they're being unable to keep their emotions tamed so as not to feed the chaos gods and create demons and sheeit
>>
>>50787928
Because the ideas GW is pushing forward with are as bad as this random guy's.
>>50787547
>>
>>50785385
>But not the Chaos exploding the universe if the Emperor dies which was only in the main 3th ED rulebook which established it as the primary thraet to the setting.
old chaos a best chaos
BEST
>>
>>50787928
the only advance that would please tg is if tau were exterminated.
>>
They already killed the Craftworld Eldar, 40K has been entering his Age of Shitmar from a while more or less. Soon the game will be only Spess Marine vs Spess Marine. You only have to choose if Chaos or Emphra.
>>
>>50788056

How much of a hypocrite are you asshole
>>
>>50787928
>"""advancing"""
events without player involvement are shit

shiiiiit
>>
>>50788070
Other than tau players of course :v)
>>
>>50785253
Dude the fall of cadia should have happened SOONER and GW tiptoeing around the issue for two decades has been over half the reason why Chaos wasn't a credible threat.
>>
>>50788086

I dont play tau but being mad at how one army might disappear but advocate the destruction of another is extremely hypocritical
>>
>>50788225
Im not mad about anything. Just saying tau has a lot of haters. Like a lot.
>>
>>50787176
>>50787208
The point is Nagash , Mannfred, all the characters except Archaon and Sigmar died onscreen.

You cannot dispute this. Nagash faded into nothing as the Wind of Death was pilled from him, and Mannfred was burned to ash by Tyrion's sword.

The rest died as the world was unmade.
>>
>>50787961
>warp exists as long as sentient beings exist

Wrong. The Warp and the Chaos Gods don't need sentient life to exist.
>>
File: 1480495899026.png (1003KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1480495899026.png
1003KB, 600x800px
>Nobody has posted this yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uehKu7g_uLc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nNfIpXYkzs
>>
>>50788308

Huh

Who thinks this is one big cop out killing the other IG regiments sounds more sound but the actual destruction of Cadia.

Im not buying it
>>
File: 1472538785628.png (327KB, 900x850px) Image search: [Google]
1472538785628.png
327KB, 900x850px
>>50785580
oh my~
>>
>>50787928
>this is what we wanted all this time
No.

As a fan of Warhammer Fantasy, that is not at all what you wanted.
>>
>>50787928
As GW writing quality crashed I stopped wanting ANYTHING fluff-related from them.
>>
>>50788482

Miss Ward yet guys
>>
Big E revealed to be.... Sigmar!
>>
>>50788308
Why does Abaddon sound like Ahriman in that other trailer?
>>
>>50787676
Is he topless?
ttsd really shows its lore behind all the memes and silly jokes.

>>50787928
I think you shouldn't speak for people other than yourself.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uehKu7g_uLc

My god the trailer is so cheesy. Like, they couldn't have picked a better voice actor?
>>
>>50784932
According to the Eldar, the Rhana Dandra, the final battle between Order and Chaos will last for a couple centuries.

So I'm hoping, nay, praying GW is just nudging the clock forward a bit and we don't get hit with a full blown Age of Emperor.
>>
>>50788614

So were going from 2 minutes to midnight to basically 1 minute to midnight
>>
>>50788491

He's back though.
>>
>>50788614
Can the Eldar really be trusted after Death Masque?
>>
File: 564646545145141.png (10KB, 401x154px) Image search: [Google]
564646545145141.png
10KB, 401x154px
>>50788614

Pack your bags boys
>>
>>50788674

Age of emperor BTFO
>>
>>50785139
the plot will advance from 11:00pm to 11:59pm. it won't end, it'll just get closer.
>>
File: pink horror.jpg (49KB, 435x617px) Image search: [Google]
pink horror.jpg
49KB, 435x617px
>>50785262
>psykers are the greatest threat to the imperium
oh boy I wonder what it could be that makes psykers so fucking dangerous.
>>
File: Vraksian_Renegade_Militia1.jpg (241KB, 697x907px) Image search: [Google]
Vraksian_Renegade_Militia1.jpg
241KB, 697x907px
>>50784912
I'm not going to lie, my heresyboner is at 200% right now
WE'RE GOING TO WIN BACK VRAKS WE'RE GOING TO WIN BACK VRAKS WE'RE GOING TO WIN BACK VRAKS
>>
>>50788937
Daemons and Chaos didn't exist when that book was printed, mate. It was other extra-dimensional beings that caused the dangers associated with being a psychic.

Enslavers being the most prominent example.
>>
>>50788608
Should've been cheesier, imo. Cobra Commander level of cheesy.
>>
>>50787484

It was just Night Lords, not the bestest and biggest Chaos boys, the Black Legion
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-18-23-44-15.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-18-23-44-15.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>50788955
Begin converting boys
>>
>>50784912
>Fall of Cadia: Grimdark Warfare

I'd play it.
>>
>>50787778
Pyrrhic victories are still victories.
>>
>>50788559
>Is he topless?
>ttsd really shows its lore behind all the memes and silly jokes.

He was topless and had no armor but was WS5 BS5 S4 T4 W1 I5 A1 when an average marine was WS4 BS4 S4 T3 I4 A1.

You did not fuck with them
>>
>>50788981
To put it into perspective, enslavers killed the Old Ones. So they're a very big threat, even if you don't see them often on the tabletop since warp jellyfish isn't the most interesting faction to play.
>>
>>50788981
and now it's daemons. times change, new truths are discovered.
>>
>>50789187
>conversation about rogue trader
>yeah but later they changed stuff!
I think we're aware of that, dude
>>
>>50789227
well, the conversation started as "who is the bbeg of 40k" and then purists decided that rogue trader is dogma, which it ain't.
>>
File: datboi.jpg (37KB, 600x493px) Image search: [Google]
datboi.jpg
37KB, 600x493px
>>50787547
>Predictions so cap it now

>Proceeds to list the most obvious cookie-cutter shit ever.

You might as well just say

>CHAOS CONFIRMED FOR STILL HAVING SPIKY SHOULDERS
>GUYS, ORKS *WILL* BE USING CHOPPAS AND SLUGGAS
>TAU AND GUARD CONFIRMED FOR SHOOTING GUNS IN THE NEW STORY

be sure to cap this boys
>>
>>50789321
the conversations started as "chaos was ALWAYS the BBEG of 40k"

People with working memories mentioned that chaos wasn't even a thing to begin with.
>>
>>50789375
ah, so it is, I'm mistaken, apologies.
>>
>>50784912
Well that explains what the Chaos primarch subplot in The Emperor's Text to Speech was all about.
>>
"Unrelenting and unstoppable, the Tyranids represent an unimaginable threat, not only to Mankind, but to the whole galaxy."

unimaginable>greatest
>>
>>50789424
No hard feelings. It's a stupid argument to begin with. I wish he'd get a job and stop being autistic here.
>>
>>50784912
new abaddon model when?
>>
>>50789511
autism is the glue and the solvent on this site. you just have to find the brand you like. it's why this website is seperated into boards, if we were all together it'd turn into a larger /b/ and we'd all kill ourselves.
>>
>>50789530
I found the autism I liked, but then he had to come and stick his worchestershire suace-ass autism in the broth and fuck everything up.
>>
File: gathstorm-2.jpg (258KB, 1500x1357px) Image search: [Google]
gathstorm-2.jpg
258KB, 1500x1357px
this guy looks like he's going to be a bitch to glue.
>>
>>50789375
Rogue Trader =/= 40K. When it was said that Chaos was always the BBEG it meant for 40K. You faggots derailed it to Rogue Trader.

Even in Rogue Trader that ultimate threat was the Warp and human psychic evolution, not the Tyranids.
>>
Cadia falls, Fenris is wrecked and the antiSlaanesh weapon is destroyed. So far only Chaos is winning.
If it is End Times, it needs to be End Times for everyone, including Chaos.
>>
>>50789558
does he have a hard-on?
>>
>>50785494
>Best Commissar fighting alongside Best Chapter and I guess the Sisters too...
Chaos done fucked up now.

And honestly, the byzantine web of rivalries that they've set up in 40K now could end up having Thraka roll in and start blunting Abbadon's assault, because noone is allowed to kill Yarrick but him, or something equally crazy (Helbrecht and that Tomb Lord are still at it, right?)
>>
File: Destroyer of Worlds.png (3MB, 1333x1021px) Image search: [Google]
Destroyer of Worlds.png
3MB, 1333x1021px
>>50789587
Chaos exist to win, though
>>
File: Untitled.png (511KB, 597x336px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
511KB, 597x336px
>>50789575
>Rogue Trader =/= 40K
man, let it go
>>
>>50789590
>yfw Angry marines become real with Black Templars allowing Yarrick to be an honorary BT
>>
File: galaxy's loudest faggot.png (34KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
galaxy's loudest faggot.png
34KB, 510x546px
>>50789605
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OvpzForHyU
>>
>>50789590
>Chaos done fucked up now.

You know what this reminds me of? The crusade of the faithful in WHFB. During the End Times, holymen crusades, and warrior priests went to the north to fight Chaos. They created a fall of faith that kept the Chaos Hordes out. But ultimately machinations of the Undead led to the wall of faith to be dissolved.
>>
>>50785123
I thought the Old Ones would return & get some weird Eldar/Ork/Old One alliance or something.
>>
>>50789622
As in mordern 40K. You know what I mean, fgt.

And yoy didn't even address how your precious Tyranids weren't even the major threat back then.
>>
File: berzerker_triumphant.jpg (855KB, 886x1266px) Image search: [Google]
berzerker_triumphant.jpg
855KB, 886x1266px
>>50784912
God, Abaddon is just so fucking stupid. I'd take Bel'Lecuck being the Chaos Champion over Lord Topknot.

He's been written in such a way that, while his deeds are indeed worthy of note, his actual personality is that of a cardboard box with the word "Evil?" written on top. He can't even make a threatening statement.
>>
>>50789661
>You know what I mean, fgt.
Maybe you should say what you mean in the first place, instead of being wrong and backpedalling when people correct you.
>>
>>50789683
>He's been written in such a way that, while his deeds are indeed worthy of note, his actual personality is that of a cardboard box with the word "Evil?" written on top. He can't even make a threatening statement.

The Black Legion series is here to fix that. Abaddon goal is revealed to be that he wants to save the Imperium and humanity.
>>
>>50786949
What the others said, also it's like you didn't even see the words "Armoury World".

Vraks was not only packed with enough weapons to arm several million people (at least), but also built like a fortress to make sure noone could take it easily. So of course, the forces of Chaos took it without firing a single shot, when they corrupted the Cardinal, and through him the thronging masses of zealots who hung on his every word.
>>
>>50789687
I did. Several times in the thread. You guys side tracked it to being about Rogue trader.

And you ultimately BTFO yourselves when you posted a Rogue Trader page showing that the Warp was the greatest threat to mankind.

So back then and now. The Warp, which is synonymous with Chaos, was the greatest threat.
>>
>>50785215
Tempestus Scions would've been better if they were like pic related.

Though then people would play either Spetsnaz Scions, Gurkha Scions or Razvedki Scions.
>>
>>50789732
>The Warp, which is synonymous with Chaos
don't be revisionistic

read rogue trader
>>
>>50789640
without undead your wall wouldn't have existed to beging with
>>
>>50789755
Realm of Chaos = Warp, though
>>
>>50788626
>So were going from 2 minutes to midnight to basically 1 minute to midnight
I'm okay with this.
>>
>>50789781
What do you mean?
>>
>>50789791
Not in that book. Educate yourself, I am done with spoonfeeding you.
>>
>>50789862
Proof it. At least I back up my claims.
>>
>>50789697
ADB plz go
>>
>>50789880
The sanguinor, warp ghosts, the angel that guides Mas Larkin in the second Gaunt's Ghosts novel, the entire range of miracles... You have a lot of warp based phenomenons that aren't linked to Chaos.
>>
>>50789923
Read the Chaos 6th ED codex.

It says Chaos is the Warp and the Warp is Chaos. The two are indivisible. Warp is the Realm of Chaos.

Learn your fluff.
>>
>>50790006
>Fluff in this source matches my opinion, so it must be true
>>
>>50789880
>Proof it
Read rogue trader. I said I ain't spoonfeeding you anymore.
>>
>>50785123
Been advocating for this your years.
>>
>>50784924
> GW
> Chaos fags
They write chaos likes its from G.I joe
>>
>>50790006
So the things I cited don't exist or are linked to chaos? How is that?
>>
>>50790006
That is incorrect. The warp is just a reflection of realspace and it influenced by the emotions of sentient life. Chaos is just a byproduct of that and most overwhelmingly powerful warp presence
>>
>>50785215
He speaks truth give us back Kasrkins
>>
>>50786949
I thought vraks was a smash and grab thing
>>
>>50790056
You are a fool in that case
>>
>>50789588
Technically it's an Olivia-on.
>>
>>50790045
He mentioned things that are not in Rogue Trader, retard. Like Sanguinor.

And I backed my point. You surrendered.

>>50790036
It's true because it's the fluff that we have no and it marches what came before it and after it.

>>50790071
They are linked to the Warp/Chaos.

>>50790078
Wrong, but nice headcanon.
>>
>>50789587
>the antiSlaanesh weapon is destroyed
I've been out of the loop for months now. What's this about?
>>
>>50785570
Carnac pls go
MMMOOOODDDDDDSSS
>>
File: Chaos is the Warp.png (899KB, 1490x489px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos is the Warp.png
899KB, 1490x489px
>>50790141
Here is the related text from 6th ED and 7th ED daemon dex.
>>
>>50790166
Eldrad tried to summon Ynnead in a way that did not ended in every eldar dying, but then a fuckwit named Artemis from the Deathwatch came and ruined everything, potentialy dooming the eldar race in the process.
>>
>>50784912
CADIANFAGS ETERNALLY BTFO
WILL THEY EVER RECOVER?
>>
>>50790166
death masque. Eldar tried to make Ynnead to kill Slaanesh. Deathwatch fucked it up.
>>
>>50789558
It's so dense; every single frame has so many things going on
>>
>>50786790
Mandalorian?
>>
>>50788955
And then they will reset everything.
And then you'll have age of emprah.
And everyone will be sad.
>>
>>50786809
>eldar
>bunch of Black Templars
Yeah, no I doubt it can be an eldar, the Templars would have purged the shit out of him.
>>
File: 1460659074958.png (1MB, 555x810px) Image search: [Google]
1460659074958.png
1MB, 555x810px
Seriously, who likes Abbadon? Even Archaon is more charismatic, and he's pretty lame
>>
>>50789060
Night Lords invaded Catachan? Where can I read about that?
>>
>>50790286
Actually, in Gods of Mars, a group of Eldar allied with an Eldar Farseer. The same Farseer who sent an Avatar against them i the previous books.
>>
>>50790299
brainfart.

I mean to say a group of Templar.
>>
>>50790291
It's sort of because GW gave him to us and expected us to like him. If they had put some effort into his introduction other than "2 dimensional personality in the body of an unstoppable juggernaught mary sue" maybe we would've picked up on him and liked him, rather than them just framing him as "This is the guy you have to like now that Horus is dead"
>>
>>50790291
hopefully he dies by the time he gets to terra
>>
>>50786790
dont eldar guard the necron device holding back the warp?
>>
>>50790299
Huh, didnt expect that.
>>
>>50790291
>>50790314
Deeeeerp.

Archaon has two novels that flushed out the character. Even with it, most of the guys in WHFB hate him for being an edgy atheist. Before the novels, he had as much character as current Abaddon. No, even less.

Abaddon is going get the same treatment as Archaon by getting a series of novels meant to flush out his character. ADB is writing them.
>>
>>50790296

I think it was a paragraph in history timeline for the IG codex
>>
Im a huge chaos fag and even I dont want abbadon to get to terra
>>
>>50790348
>t. ADB
I'll reserve judgement until the novels come out but as of right now he has no personality.
>>
File: RULES OF NATURE.gif (6MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
RULES OF NATURE.gif
6MB, 400x225px
>>50785500
>Marneus Fuckin Calgar lifts a Pylon (ypu know, the SUPER HEAVY gun platform) on his own and somehow fires it at tomb complex.
AND THEY RUN WHEN THE SUN COMES UP, WITH THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE!
>>
>>50790370
of course not. the fun part isn't in the winning, it's in the fighting. If chaos won it would die, there'd be no more sentient psychically attuned life to torment, to fight and fuck and get sick and plan. If chaos wins it loses.
>>
>>50790385
The first book "Talon of Horus" is out but Abaddon only appears at the end of it.

The second book is called "Black Legion" which is suppose to focus on the First Black Crusade and Abaddon's character through Khayon's eyes. It's coming out this year. Get Hype.
>>
>>50785160
In Eisenhorn or Ravenor I forgot which one, it's stated the Nids would be the most terrible threat the Imperium ever will face by those weird seer kids
>>
>>50790399
STANDING HERE

I REALIZE
>>
>>50790141
>The Immaterium is a dimension of the spiritual, created, sustained and influenced by intelligent mortal emotions and actions in the physical universe. The mind of every sentient being in the material universe save the Necrons and the C'tan leaves a psychic imprint within the Immaterium, and although the signature of one mind is almost insignificant in the energy or influence it generates, when the imprints of an entire intelligent race of billions upon billions of individuals are combined they have a huge impact on the very nature and shape of the Warp (this seems to imply that the Immaterium is not chaotic by nature, but has been made so by the chaos and war that defines so much of the material realm)
>>
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/12/20/gathering-storm-first-look/
>The scene is set for the most epic narrative in the history of the 41st Millennium – a fitting celebration of 30 years of Warhammer 40,000 and a great way to kick off the next 30 years of grim darkness in the far future.
>the next 30 years of grim darkness in the far future.
>Chaos confirmed to not win, galaxy will be fine
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
CARNAC BTFO BY GW ITSELF
>>
>>50789487
Are you retarded?
The greatest is still the greatest, even if you can't imagine the boundaries of greatness.
>>
>>50790466
>warhammer wiki

Get out.

And by the way, the the actual canon says that the warp faintly notices the C'tan presence and that the Necrons have dim emotional/spiritual energy clinging to their bodies.
>>
>>50790512
Like i said, it doesn't disprove that Cjhaos won't win in the end. It just means that they won't go all the way and will stop it as Cadia falls. Find a post where I said that the 40K End Times are going to happen.
>>
>>50790512
just cause chaos doesn't win now doesn't mean it won't win later. it's a rather immutable force. unless you kill every being with a psychic energy signature in the universe it'll still exist.
>>
>>50790553
>spends months saying chaos will win, which means the galaxy will be destroyed
>I never said that, please take me seriously even though I've been BTFO'd for all time
I'm laughing my ass off here. Accept defeat carnac. GW itself said it ain't happening. This damage control is both hilarious and pathetic
>>
>>50790577
Nothing of what you posted disproves that Chaos won't win? It just means that they will freeze the setting fir the next 30 years.
>>
>>50790620
>no guys, they'll totally do it 30 years from now
>sure they didn't do it now, but nearly a third of a century from now I'll be right, You'll see.
HAHAHA you fucking faggot
>>
>>50790651
I never claimed that 40K will have its End Times so what the hell are you on about?

Seems like strawmaning.
>>
File: Macharius_Charge.png (292KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
Macharius_Charge.png
292KB, 500x357px
Should mighty Cadia fall...... we shall do such damage to the forces of the Arch-Enemy that our name shall be burned into their minds for untold millennia to come! The mere mention of Cadia will cause even the most hardened of those vile traitors to know fear! For before we fall they shall have to face everything we have! The world will be drenched in red light from our Lasgun! Earthshaker shells will blot out the sun! Continents and mountains will shake at the approach of our armoured might! Baneblades and Russ will grind all those foolish enough to stand before us into paste! For we are the Imperial Guard! We, and we alone hold the line! And when we die... we die standing... FOR THE EMPEROR! AND FOR THE IMPERIUM OF MAN!
>>
>>50790669
ignore him, he's some kind of imperial carnac. a "Terra" if you will
>>
>>50790683
More like after a long ass time of carnac saying chaos will totally win I'm enjoying him being BTFO'd
I'm actually a necron player, I just fond it hilarious he's been utterly destroyed and yet is still trying to prove he's right
>>
>>50790141
>They are linked to the Warp/Chaos.
Alright. It means that Chaos has lost all meaning, since it does non-chaotic things. which is very close to Moorcock's original take on it, btw.
So in that case I agree that Immaterium = Chaos.
But now we need a new word for daemonic chaos to distinguish it from orderly chaos.
>>
>>50790721
Except nothing was BTFO because what you posted doesn't disprove that Chaos will win. It just shows that they either freeze the setting or advance it at a snail pace.
>>
>>50790740
>But now we need a new word for daemonic chaos to distinguish it from orderly chaos.

The Avatar is called a daemon in the rules.

And the Seraphon in AoS are called daemons.

You don't need a new term.
>>
>>50790749
You have yet to prove chaos will win.
Go ahead, post it where GW, not a character in a book or a BL author, says chaos will definitely win. Not heavily implies it, not has a person in lore say it, but GW itself saying "chaos will definitely win, no ifs, ands or buts"
>>
>>50786993
'How does home look...Unbroken'
>>
>>50790795
Check the general thread.
>>
>Ynnead is dead
Just have the Tau kill Slaanesh again. Maybe he'll stay dead this time.
>>
>>50790512
They said it just the same on WHFB's 25 years.

I just re-read that WD. Made me legitimately sad.
>>
>>50791048
Please give me the WD issue number.
>>
>>50791081
April 2008 I think. Cover with Blanche ilustration and big 25.

I already put it back in the pile, so sorry.
>>
File: Big Papa Smurf.jpg (583KB, 1024x1406px) Image search: [Google]
Big Papa Smurf.jpg
583KB, 1024x1406px
>>50790454
OUT OF THE ASHES

THE EAGLE RISES STILL

FREEDOM IS CALLING

TO ALL MEN WHO BEND THEIR WILLLLLLL
>>
>>50790783
I didn't talk about daemons, but about chaos.
Now, saying that someone is a servant of Chaos means nothing. Eldars are since they worship Khaine, whose avatar is a daemon. So are Imperials since they got chaos related manifestations like Sanguinor, Legion of the Damned or angels.
In that context, saying "Chaos will win" means nothing more than saying that someone that isn't 'crons will be the winner.
>>
File: $_57.jpg (290KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
290KB, 1600x1066px
>>50791136
This one?
>>
>>50791208
Yup.

[s] Don't tell me that fileneme is actual price [/s]
>>
>>50791250
Got the image from Ebay. Yes, it's the price someone is selling it for.
>>
File: 1446509503340.jpg (19KB, 308x464px) Image search: [Google]
1446509503340.jpg
19KB, 308x464px
>>50791208

>we will never celebrate another 25 years of Warhammer
>>
“If the day should ever come when we must go, if some day we are compelled to leave the scene of history, we will slam the door so hard that the universe will shake and mankind will stand back in stupefaction..”

- Probably Ursarkar E. Creed
>>
>>50790795
>HAHA CHAOS BTFO
>you haven't proved they win therefore they don't
>>
>>50791660
Are you being sarcastic? Because that's indeed how arguments and burden of proof work.
>>
>>50791970
you know there's more options than win or lose right? there's also the state of not having won or lost, which is called STILL PLAYING THE FUCKING GAME.
>>
>>50792096
Except nobody said chaos will lose?

If i Ilook at your post, we have:
>they don't win
they don't win ≠ they lose; as you said yourself, that encompasses a lot of situations.

Damn, son, I actually have to explain your own posts to you. Are you hearing the voices or something?
>>
>>50792190
do you hear them too?
>>
>>50792190
his post said "HAHA CHAOS BTFO, THEY LOSE" Whereas his proof implied "Chaos don't win, otherwise there wouldn't be 30 more years of 40k. That's what i'm trying to tell you, the angry anti-chaos douche at the start of this comment chain said they have lost, which they haven't, but they haven't won either.
>>
>>50787867
It sounds like the title to a mobile phone game.
>>
>>50788069
I was somewhat disappointed when I discovered the current starter box is spess mehrine v spiky spess mehrine.
>>
>>50790425
>through Khayon's eyes.
Dropped. Not even joking.
>>
>>50790553
LOL

Carnac your are a sad, sad individual.
>>
>>50785494
>no matter which faction you collect, you're gonna get to do some very very cool stuff with your minis

what if you collect Cadians?
>>
>>50794038
new chaos spawn models
>>
>>50788626
IIRC that's what was said word for word at an official seminar
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.