[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Selecting the party leader

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1479536050614.gif (3MB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
1479536050614.gif
3MB, 600x340px
So I'm starting up a new campaign shortly and long story short the group is playing as a newly created SWAT team.

My problem is that this being a tactics heavy type game a team leader should be eatablished.

In the past I was in a similar scenario where a pc bought the highest rank he could so he could be leader but proceeded to just either never give orders or no one ever listened.

So I've thought about the idea of making a NPC the team leader for the first story arc them having her be murdered and her death be the intro to the second story arc.

The idea is at this point the group will have seen plenty of action and I can pick a pc as team lead by their actual in game merits.

Basically I'm asking for any thoughts or insight on the idea
>>
>>50784782
Seems pretty solid, depending on your players you may want to explain this to them so they don't think you're giving them an NPC babysitter forever. Maybe not tell them they're gonna die but they need supervision for their first mission.
>>
>>50784821
Thanks. I plan on giving the PCs ample say when discussing tactics so they don't feel like I'm rail roading them.
>>
>>50784782
As a kind of secondary note, if you wana see which PCs have the best leadership capabilities, put the party in a situation where they have to manage civilians and see who steps up to bat to ensure they're following instructions properly.
>>
File: 1479175176905.png (39KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1479175176905.png
39KB, 321x322px
>>50785106
Now there's a good idea. Create situations that involve team management outside of combat.
>>
>>50785565
Well, OP mentioned it was a SWAT game. In police situations like that, evacuating civilians (or keeping their curiosity from causing them to stray somewhere dangerous) are usually top priorities... and it takes a certain type of leadership quality to be able to pull it off well. Authoritatively, but also with consideration that you're dealing with scared, unarmed, untrained people who aren't used to having their lives in danger.

Not sure that 100% qualifies as "outside of combat", because in a hostage or rescue scenario, it very well could be IN combat too, but yeah...
>>
>>50784782
Let the players pick the TL from between themselves, but make it a completely IC thing (they aren't actually allowed to order the rest OOC).
>>
>>50788581
thats a fucking awful idea desu senpai
>>
>>50789191
Thats what I gave my guys during a RECON game and they worked out pretty well until someone stoped giving orders or gave super retarded order. Then I made them talk it out over a debrief IC.
>>
>>50784782
So your campaign will be similar to SWAT 4 then?
>>
File: hhD0w8Y.jpg (286KB, 904x669px) Image search: [Google]
hhD0w8Y.jpg
286KB, 904x669px
>>50792076
Never played past SWAT 2 but I wouldn't be suprised.

Thanks for your input guys.
>>
>>50784782
Allow players to ante whatever character generation points the system uses, blindly. The one who antes most, gets to be the leader. Thhis also ensures that the leader is the most incompetent arsehole around, so it adds a touch of realism.
>>
>>50792076
No, swat 9001.
>>
>>50785565
Event planning and organization
Taking charge in the aftermath of an accident
Forcing players to playciv5 for the role
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.