[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This Guy thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1452431412847.jpg (139KB, 1012x1387px) Image search: [Google]
1452431412847.jpg
139KB, 1012x1387px
We have a lot of That Guy threads, but how about a This Guy thread, for those players who went above and beyond to make your game experience good.

>be me
>running a game of DnD for some first time players
>line up first session at somebody's house for an 11:30 start
>get a text 5 minutes before we're meant to start from a player
>"Hey guys, gonna be 20 minutes late. I missed my bus"
>"Mate you live like a 1km walk from here."
>"At the train station. Had to come down from [next town over]"
>the guy was staying with his parents that week
>took a 4 hour round trip from the next town over to play a 3 hour game because he committed to it before he heard he was going home for the week
>still brought snacks

I try to get this guy in every game I play or run now.
>>
File: Goddamn inspirational.jpg (25KB, 460x458px) Image search: [Google]
Goddamn inspirational.jpg
25KB, 460x458px
>>50784427
>Be me
>Game night for a new campaign
>One guy shows up early just to hang out and play some Smash Bros and shit
>Told everyone I'd have blank character sheets printed and stuff
>Printer jams, can't fix it
>Fuckmylife.jpg
>Guy who shows up early tells me to put everything on a flash drive
>Don't see how that's going to help, since we're the only two with laptops, but OK.
>Guy who shows up early then proceeds to slip out while I'm trying to figure out what to do, walks 20 minutes to his work, in -2 degree weather in the snow, prints up the sheets off his work's printer, and comes back.
>>
Feels pretty reddit in here.
>>
>>50784611
That Guy detected.

But yeah, no, thanks for commenting. Real contribution, that. Good job, buddy.
>>
>>50784427
> starting new Exalted campaign with lots of new players
> my personal forever player 2 buys 200 dice to share with everyone, just for this campaign
>>
>>50784427
>ITT Things that never happened
>>
>>50784611
>>50787361
>neo/tg/
>>
>>50784427
a shame there seems to be no other examples. its like every one has met horrendous players but cant think of a single person who made the hobby great for them.

Guy who made the hobby great for me let us pick out a mini from his vast collection of DnD minis to represent our characters and get to keep them. He did use pregen modules mostly, but going back through those pregens it becomes very difficult to figure out where everything was because he added so much of his own personal touches that they feel like two different scenarios.
>>
>>50784611
Sounds pretty homo here
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.