[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dank Meme Trading Cards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: dankmemetradingcards.jpg (11KB, 186x271px) Image search: [Google]
dankmemetradingcards.jpg
11KB, 186x271px
>be me
>entrepreneurship final
>we have to create a product and market it to the whole class
>also convince teacher to buy in, kind of like Shark Tank
>gearing up for my final presentation
>professor walks over
>"lets be honest anon, who would buy this shit?"
>mfw my product is Dank Meme Trading Cards
>devise plan
So, if I made this product, who would buy it? If the results are good, I'll include it in my final presentation and post results.
Its a mix of Pokemon strategy and Hearthstone, using Hitmarker cards like Hearthstone Gems, or like energy in Pokemon, and having an evolution system to the memes. Like Pokemon, there are also card types. HM cards have rougly a 25% chance of appearing in a standard booster pack, and are fairly common, as they are essential to playing the game. This encourages players to buy a ton of booster packs and build up a good deck before they can start playing fully with enough HM cards.
Each card has a set list of Hitmarkers, kind of like how Yu-Gi-Oh cards have stars, but if you have enough HM cards to match your meme's HM level, you can fully restore health. Health items are available, but not very common drops in standard booster packs.
There are passive effects that don't require the use of HM cards, but any that deal damage can only be used once on that card. Attacks cost HM, and scale with level. For example, a God Teir meme would require 6 HMs to use it's strongest attack and deal 200 DMG, whereas a stale meme would only need one HM to use an attack that deals 20 DMG.
So, what do you think? Would you buy a pack of 10 for $2.50
>>
>>50783416

There are only trace dank deposits in your pic OP. Dig deeper, and eventually, you'll hit worthwhile dank reserves.
>>
>>50783416
Fuck no, memes are for people who can't think of an opinion themselves.
>>
>>50783482
This isn't my product, I only pulled an image off of the internet as an example. Right now, the cards I made are mostly in their beta phase. Rough around the edges, very minimalist, and I'd be embarrassed to show those on this thread.
>>
>>50783416
This product isn't likely to do well because by the time your meme cards are shipped out, many of the references they make are likely to have died.

Aside from that, there are many people who'd be attracted to the game purely because it's about 'memes', but there are also a lot of people who would avoid it for that reason.

This isn't even touching the likely legal issues you might find yourself if you start profiting off of what are, explicitly, other people's IP's.
Lastly, you're going to like like a fucking idiot when you present this to the class, but, I somehow don't think that's an issue.

Better question, can you get the numbers from other card games to prove to your professor that collectible card games are still a valid market for games that aren't YGO, MTG, or Pokemon? If not, you will fail.
>>
>>50783491
>people who can't think of an opinion themselves
>the entire American public
If anything that works in my favor, anon. Sell to a mindless crowd of people who'll buy into the latest fads and trends.
>>50783535
Yes, its a very niche market, making it easily accessible for a startup company like my own. If anything, I was hoping to turn it into a "Cards Against Humanity" type situation. A funny card game that doesn't take itself too seriously, but still offers plenty of fun to be had. The point of the references being dead actually strikes up a very good point I forgot to mention in my summary.
Many trading card games have specific tournaments, like how Pokemon had XY, then it moved onto Breakpoint, etc. I was planning something like this strategy, which will keep a steady influx of "fresh" memes on the market. Adding cards mid-tournament is also a strategy I've considered, but it seems a little risky.
Memes from old tournaments that have become practically ingrained into society, ones that are easily iconic and memorable, become God Teir in their respective tournaments, and retain their value in later tournaments. The others, however, will become the lowest teir of Meme trading card, Stale. These cards can't be used in professional tournaments, but house rules may permit the use of them.
Legal issues remain a very huge problem, which I still have no idea how to get around.
>most of my class are dank memers so they're cool with it, only a few chads here and there
>>
>>50783535
>>50783637
Op here, as an addition to my comment, would a Fair Use claim work for the meme trading cards? After all, it mostly falls under parody, and is only using the image of the original IP to make a joke out of. If not, I could always pay a royalty fee, but that would suck. I'm hoping this falls under Fair Use.
>>
>>50783797
If you imitated memes instead of ripping them off as is, you'd be clear under fair use. There's even precedent for this, I think.

If you use other people's IP without permission to advertise your product or in the product you will be fucked.
>>
File: 6511113.png (162KB, 221x305px) Image search: [Google]
6511113.png
162KB, 221x305px
Yugioh thread? Yugioh thread.
>>
>>50783416
memes shouldn't be commercialized. they are for the people, to brighten dark nights and bring solace to this cruel existence

basically kys
>>
>>50783797
>If I make money off other people's ideas, is it fair use?
Have you not been paying attention in class all year?
>>
File: 1444097707068.png (72KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
1444097707068.png
72KB, 211x244px
>>50783797
OP, you should probably learn that fair use is specifically designed to stop people wholesale ripping off content for commercial gain.

Did you sleep through the whole semester or what

Also your meme card idea is horrible.
>>
>>50783637
Becoming the arbitrator of what is and isn't stale isn't a great idea but that's fine, you just need to pass a project.

The bigger issue is use of IP. At some point you're going to hit a legal obstacle, will a niche card game startup really have the capital needed to fight a class action lawsuit? Your professor will almost certainly ask about how you're going to handle IP.

And do you actually have the numbers to suggest that collectible card games, aside from the big three, are viable? Cards Against Humanity isn't a CCG, it's an LCG. LCG's, based on anecdotal evidence, are doing fairly well right now.
>>
>>50785720
just let it die anon
>>
>>50783416
Wait, it's fucking December 20th, finals should be over. You're not a college student at all, are you?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.