[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1236: Benefactor's Wild Ride Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 470
Thread images: 69

>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>50773658
>>
How powerful is comics Apocalypse, and how likely am I to survive his wrath? For reference. I survived the Lucifer drawback in Devil Survivor.
>>
Has there been any word on Orks or SWTOR recently?
>>
File: julia glitch.png (1MB, 1078x842px) Image search: [Google]
julia glitch.png
1MB, 1078x842px
Have you ever run into another version of a character in a jump? Ever met, for example, an Infernal version of Sephiroth?
>>
>>50782076
He's only planetbustingish. You can beat the piss out of him.
>>
>>50782098
You know, that was original supposed to be a thing in Jumpchain, before we had Companion rules. That people you were close to in your jumps were likely to reappear as cameos in other jumps. Not really the person you met the first time, but their equivalent in that world. That's sort of gone by the wayside, though, as the focus shifted to Companion-heavy builds. I don't think anyone uses that rule, anymore.
>>
>>50782102
That's not entirely accurate.

>>50782076
See: >>50781805
Also, spamming your question that close together is a bit obnoxious.

>>50782083
Possible Christmas release for SWTOR, maybe as much for Orks.
>>
>>50782156
Are you sure you aren't thinking of Darkseid? Because Apocalypse is not "a universal representation of tyranny". He's a mutant that's empowered himself with stolen Celestial technology. He's strong, but nowhere near Darkseid's level. He's not even a cosmic-level threat in his home universe.
>>
>>50782098
Anon, I don't think anyone used that rule by thread 100, if even 50.
>>
>>50782156
>Possible Christmas release for SWTOR
That's wonderful! Been looking forward to that one for a while now.
>>
>>50782184
Shit, you know what? You're totally right, I mixed those up for whatever reason. Yeah, if you can take DS Lucifer you can take comics Apoc.
>>
>>50782156
I think you're confusing him with Darkseid from DC. Apocalypse is a mutant with numerous abilities that has enhanced with celestial technology and he's from Marvel.
>>
>>50782156
Apocalypse isn't the universal representation of tyranny, that's Darkseid. Though you are right, in that he is usually a bit below planetbusting.
>>
>>50782214
Eh, no worries, anon. All those mastermind villains kind of blend together, anyway.
>>
>>50782200
I didn't even know that rule existed, to be honest
>>
>>50782213
Same. I like that period in the SW universe.
>>
>>50782102
He could render a planet uninhabitable but it's doubtful he could accomplish proper planet busting.
>>
>>50782232
>>50782200
It existed, I remember it. It just wasn't popular and obviously people were way bigger fans of companions.
>>
>>50782249
Well I'm not doubting it did, I just wasn't around for the time it was a thing. That's what I was trying to say.
>>
>>50782263
It was nearly three years ago, no sweat.

>>50782249
Early /jc/ was weird and wild.
>>
>>50782146
You mean sort of like the JoJo companion option?
>>
>>50782098
I've always been super mixed about Companions. My Companions are a huge part of my build and my chain, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that Companion resurrection kills the dramatic tension fairly frequently. I've never really found a good way to resolve it.
>>
File: Titanfall V2.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Titanfall V2.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Reposting for posterity And also because I've uploaded it to the drive.

>Titanfall (V2.3) Changelog
>Removed companion slot requirement from Spectre Team/Legion and Marvin Team/Legion
>Changed companion import to 'Free 8/50cp extra' model.
>Added 'Old Friend' and 'The Odyssey' options for imports. If you can't find them, they're both above their respective customization sections with the Chassis/Base Ship options.
>Added CP -> TP/SP conversion option. It's under 'Offers'

Man I'm nearing the 15th individual revision of Lyrical Nanoha since the last update and dear god I'm starting to hate this jump.
>>
>>50782311
Exactly like it. JoJo Anon was inspired by the rule when she made that, I remember her talking about the idea of "make a really good friend in one jump, then befriend their expy in the next, and so on and so forth until they can't not appear in every jump", and then she just decided to go and make it a distinct perk in her jump so as to simplify the process.
>>
>>50782332
>2d spoiler
You're doing good things though, anon. Keep at it, please.
>>
>>50782331
I just run my chains with permadeath for companions.
>>
>>50782332
I'm glad I am incapable of going over my work a second time.
>>
>>50782331
Remove companion resurrection? A fair few people do that.

>>50782311
>>50782334
I've always just used that as a canon companion option instead, since there's so many great characters already and it doesn't really make that much sense as a perk like it is.
>>
>>50782334
To be honest, I kind of like it. I prefer the normal companion option, but seeing Jonathan Joestar living happily in every world is pretty cool. He was really awesome in Evangelion, actually. Served as a great ally, friend, and mentor to pilots, plus he was invaluable to thwarting Gendo and SEELE's plan.
>>
>>50782331
Having companions get sent home like you do when they die seems to solve the tension issue.
It's not as brutal like permadeath, but it's also not totally circumvented by the existance of revive magic.
>>
>>50782156
I figured that since it was at the end of the last thread, it would be best to ask again.
>>
>>50782332

Can I import a ship as my command ship?
>>
>>50782430
>Added 'Old Friend' and 'The Odyssey' options for imports. If you can't find them, they're both above their respective customization sections with the Chassis/Base Ship options.
>>
>>50782237
SWTOR is going to be a tough jump though, canon characters tend to be expensive and there are quite a few good bros and waifus in that game.
>>
>>50782505
Hopefully he'll be merciful and offer them at 100 cp.
>>
So why is it that High Speed Divine /Words/ – magic from a time where words were I Portland to using magic – don't use words, but magecraft does?
>>
>>50782552
I'm pretty sure High Speed Divine words being wordless is just an anime only thing.
>>
>>50782552
important to using*
>>
>>50782573
Oh, really? My bad, then.
>>
>>50782573
This. Caster definitely has incantations in the VN, though they're very short since she's so strong.
>>
>>50782533
Jumpmakers aren't merciful anon, they are drug dealers.
>>
Just wondering: Would Non-Verbal Specialty from Harry Potter mesh with Fate magecraft, or not?
>>
So... uh I would like to know from you guys in the Exalted community if this statement I came across whilst looking up the reasons for why the Loom of Fate is and how it be.

In response to someone talking about the Loom breaking:
"That would cause Creation to instantly dissolve into the Wyld. The only reason Creation exists at all is because every instant, the Loom pulls squintillions of motes out of the Wyld and forces their infinite possibilities to adhere to a single actuality, and every instant, all the motes the Loom pulled out of the Wyld one instant ago all die. That's why there's no time travel in Exalted -- the past isn't there anymore. The moment the Loom stops working, Creation and everything in it (save for stuff with Wyld protection magic) blinks out of existence."
Is this a thing?!
>>
>>50782732
There's no time travel in exalted because the yozis abused it so much during a war everyone went "NO TIME TRAVEL"

or I think that's why there's no time travel.
>>
Changelog:
-Switched the amount of CP that "Picture a Flamethrower" and "YOU. GUILTY." give
-I Have No Soul To Burn now protects your soul regardless of any other souls that you have
-Reduced price of Blade, Blackout, and the three demons package to 200 CP
>>
>>50782732
There is so much time travel in exalted that a number of events happened at an arbitrary point in a range of time spanning more than a century.
>>
>>50782732
>Is this a thing?!
I'm pretty sure that not how it works, though I'm no Exalted expert. No loom means things start to go wrong and reality glitches out a bit (walking both north and south at the same time, drowning on dry land, etc.), but Creation won't explode the instant the loom is destroyed. It might fall apart eventually but I imagine the Maidens will go back to doing their old jobs before they let that happen.
>>
File: 1435709367706.gif (873KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
1435709367706.gif
873KB, 400x226px
>>50782505
HA HA! I hear your plight Anon and So I bestow upon you the knowledge that Captain shall be very accommodating indeed! If you so choose to follow the storyline set out for you you will no doubt gather an interesting collection of characters! These people which are specific to your origin can become companions at the end of your jump if you so wish, but only if you ended up recruiting them! This of course also applies to people if you take the "Outlander" 0CP drawback to continue your journey to the latest expansion.

Companion imports will of course be there as standard with the going rate of 50CP each up to 300CP for 8. They all get their own bonuses and the like, but "companions" gathered from their class stories unfortunately don't become companions at the end of the jump. Don't want you to get any funny ideas about importing companions to try and get more companions eh?

And of course there will be the standard Cannon companion option for those who might have their eyes on someone in particular not apart of their squad. Haven't decided on a price yet but i'm leaning toward 200CP. Though I might slip it 100-200 for Non force to Force user. Prices still up in the Air!

Oh and I just finished the Starship section of the jump. You will be happy to know they are "Free"...you just have to jump through a few loops to get them which shouldn't be too much of a challenge!
>>
>>50782865
Any chance at all we could get I have no soul to burn as someone not a demon?
Even as a 600cp perk? Because I want it, but the drop in tree has stuff that fits the kind of demon I would want to be far more than the actual demon origin.
>>
File: SWTOR_TulakHord_Heavy.jpg (82KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
SWTOR_TulakHord_Heavy.jpg
82KB, 1024x576px
>>50782881
Oh captain my captain! I have a question to ask!

Would it be possible to grab one of those Star Destroyer-like ships as an expensive item? They look amazing, in my opinion. Also, would it be possible to acquire armor like pic related as an item?
>>
>>50782881

I want one of those Revan look knockoff armors that the sith use in the trailers.
>>
>>50782946
Maybe; I'll have to think about it.
>>
>>50783002
Thank you for considering it.
>>
>>50782881
>f you so choose to follow the storyline set out for you you will no doubt gather an interesting collection of characters! These people which are specific to your origin can become companions at the end of your jump if you so wish, but only if you ended up recruiting them!
WHOO!
Light Side Sith Warrior is Go Time!
>>
>>50782881
>This of course also applies to people if you take the "Outlander" 0CP drawback to continue your journey to the latest expansion.
Well that's a relief, I'll need to go out of my way but every class companion should be available through that. I have companion fever and I don't want a cure. Though I might need one.
>>
>>50782881
Can we choose to make TOR non-canon to our trip through KOTOR? So they don't exist in the same setting at all?
>>
>>50782881
Will this count as one of the two trips to star wars that will be needed to become a conduit of the force?
>>
>>50783079
Wouldn't that be a question for KOTOR_Anon?
>>
File: 1457329748812.png (74KB, 377x304px) Image search: [Google]
1457329748812.png
74KB, 377x304px
>>50782957
With "Equipment" such as armor and the like is for the most part going to be simplified on my end. Basically everyone get a free purchase of whatever kind of armor, clothing, etc. they want with, but if you want more you will most likely have to pay 50CP for additional purchases. Want that TulakHord armor? Sure thing. Feel like your power is unlimited? I'm sure there are a pair of Sith Robes that just scream "POWA" that you would love or maybe you just want something comfy for all your smug smuggler needs. Go nuts!

Now the ships? Hmmm That is a difficult question to answer. Part of me wants to say "HELL YEAH", but another part isn't sure. Hmmm....I could add something like a command ship that wouldn't be discounted as we do see something like this in the Imperial Agent storyline later down the line. Though another idea is to have to so that the Gravestone could appear as whatever you wish when/if you choose to pursue that option.
>>
>>50783126
No, since TOR is later in the timeline.
>>
>>50783184
>Equipment part
Noice. Definitely looking forward to that.

>Ship part
I'm perfectly happy with either or. Those sith ships look amazing, though the Gravestone and Eternal Fleet ships also look pretty cool. Really, whichever works better for you, I just love how the capital ships look. Even the Republic ships look decent. Though isn't the Gravestone supposed to be a relic of some hyper advanced civilization? Would that be scenario reward?

Anyway, thanks for answering my questions, Captain.
>>
File: 1464411939104.gif (326KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1464411939104.gif
326KB, 500x375px
>>50782994
Sure! Go Nuts! Hell there is an option for masks too if you feel like going the whole nine yards.

>>50783079
There will be a "CONTINUE?" option for those who want their story and events from KOTOR to carry over, but you don't have to take it if you want a fresh start.

>>50783099
That is a very good question! Haven't really talking to KOTOR about it but I don't see why not.
>>
>>50783212
Yes but your question was can you make TOR non-canon to the KOTOR jump not the other way around. IE making the stuff TOR revealed about the KOTOR time period non-canon in the KOTOR jump.

Did you mean it the other way around?
>>
>>50783258
It's more like I want to assure TOR's retcons aren't canon to the universe.
>>
What jumps can I go to in order to become a succubus?
>>
>>50783268
Rosario + Vampire
>>
>>50783268
Forgotten Realms
>>
>>50783268
Overlord the LN. Albedo is a succubus, if I remember right.

>>50783258
Do we automatically replace the class character in their story? Like, say, if I went Jedi Knight, would that make me the one who would become the Hero of Tython?
>>
>>50783258
Can we have fresh OCs fill the roles of the other classes instead of imports? I want my game characters in the roles.
>>
>>50783290
Albedo is a succubus who acts nothing like it, really.

Hell, in the LN, she summons her racial mount, the Bicorn. Bicorns are the opposite of unicorns and are thus repelled by virginity, so her Bicorn won't even let her touch it, let alone ride it. This really shocks both Shalltear and Aura for a succubus to be a virgin.

She is pure for Ainz-sama.
>>
>>50783306
>Pure succubus
Best girl confirmed. Ainz is a lucky skeleton. Not lucky enough though, considering he's missing a very important bone...
>>
>>50783290
That is the idea, yes! Though I will say that >>50783300 points out an interesting idea. In the Import option i'll put in that you can either import a companion or receive a new OC companion of their origin.
>>
>>50783347
Ah, I see, so either importing companions into the role of the canon companions or gaining the canon companions themselves, is that correct?
>>
>>50783099
>>50783258
>Will this count as one of the two trips to star wars that will be needed to become a conduit of the force?
No because It's not my jump and therefor not bound by the supplement or anything I've said regarding Star Wars jumps.

This is entirely Brutus's thing, if he wants to make it so you can give people Force powers or perform feats beyond what's mentioned in the supplement he's free to do so.
>>
>>50783306
>Bicorns
Pig Disgusting. Nightmares are way cooler.
>>
>>50783394
Nightmares will burn your bottom.
>>
File: 1474531166047.jpg (10KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1474531166047.jpg
10KB, 205x246px
InNomine, isn't it odd that the two martial arts perks are discounted to the Chosen of Battles, when it's actually the Chosen of Endings who are supposed to be the master martial artists, with Battles just being good at traditional weapons?

Speaking of, can everyone tell me what Caste they went in Sidereals? I'm curious about something.
>>
File: Gengar_CEO.jpg (106KB, 474x500px) Image search: [Google]
Gengar_CEO.jpg
106KB, 474x500px
>>50783267
Basically if you want to ensure that both jumps are their KOTOR and TOR remain seperate don't take the option to combine them. Since I can't really put an option like that in KOTOR since i'm not KOTORanon I'd say just Fanwank it if it becomes too much of a problem.

Though there are a few 0CP options that might help with things. 0CP drawback to link the different star wars jumps together, 0CP drawback which acts as a continuation of the jump with "Outlander" (with all the baggage that brings), a 0CP drawback to basically make Valkorion not the emperor to ensure that whole business doesn't happen (Obviously you can't take this with Outlander).
>>
>>50783405
Battles for the MA perk and the Capstone, but I bought the Endings Capstone as well because it's cool as hell, and the perk for teaching magic via math.
>>
>>50783405
Serenity

Can't beat crafting and social perks
>>
>>50783405
Serenity. I like making people happy and encouraging love, though I dislike slavery and drug abuse. I would have been trying to ensure that those things would slowly but surely disappear, but I was a little pre-occupied due to a certain pissed off Green Sun Princess.

I DIDN'T KNOW, OKAY?! CAN'T WE JUST TALK THIS OUT?
>>
>>50783438
Isn't their capstone another If It Bleeds clone?
>>
>>50783454
Mechanically? Basically yeah. But I like the thematics of it, and it fits part of my own personal philosophy. So I paid 600 points for it, even though it doesn't help me mechanically.
>>
>>50782865
Can someone attack or sever your link with the Spirit of Vengeance or Justice?
>>
>>50783454
It can apparently kill true immortals too, and I don't think If It Bleeds can do that?

Don't know how you can kill a true immortal though. I mean, I guess you could say it's based on the Primordials being killed, but weren't they killed by Solars?
>>
File: kokodriliscus03_scary_gengar.jpg (159KB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
kokodriliscus03_scary_gengar.jpg
159KB, 900x1273px
>>50783369
Exactly! Though if you want to import two companions as the same origin that is okay too. It just means they basically "share" their storyarc. Also if you really want you can have your companions be on the opposite side of yours of course.
>>
What scenarios did everyone take in Bloodborne?

Also, is there a canon example of what you'll look like with the Beast's Embrace rune? Why about after killing the Beast God?
>>
>>50783486
Oh, this is going to be fun. Now I just need to find the right character for the good Doctor Eggman to replace. It'd have to be on the Empire side though, doubt he'd work well with the Republic.
>>
>>50783505
Most of the scenarios are OC, so there won't be canon examples of stuff like the Beast God.
>>
>>50783640
Well, the Beast's Embrace is canonical at least. Same with the Milkweed Rune.
>>
>>50783486
I assume companions will start with enough aptitude for their class to finish their story line?
>>
>>50783438
>>50783440
>>50783444
That backs up what I've been seeing in previous threads, people are going Serenity with a few going Battles. Nothing for the other three.
>>
Is there enough stuff to make a Magic Knights Rayearth Jump?
>>
>>50783478
No, although Mephisto and Blackheart might be able to suppress your transformation if you're only a Spirit of Vengeance.
>>
>>50783751
There's plenty of material out there to make a jump out of it.
>>
>>50783751
2 3 volume manga runs, 49 episodes of anime, a 3 part ova, and at least one video game.
I'd say probably from just looking at how much has been published, I don't have enough knowledge of the setting to say more though
>>
File: IMG_0795.jpg (88KB, 740x448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0795.jpg
88KB, 740x448px
>>50783483
Ending's special Maiden power is a Shaping Charm called Final Cessation's Edge that can instantgib any being she hits successfully with a physical attack (or tranquilise them, if she's feeling merciful) by disintegrating them with violet light, redistributing their motes into Creation and the Lethe. I'm assuming the perk is essentially an Exaltation-induced upgrade to that effect in the same sense that World-Scarring Solar Glory allows Solars to emulate the UCS's infinite damage attack.

>>50783405
Endings. Whatever my other issues with the Maidens and their malprogrammed insanity, Saturn wears my colors.

Which means she has style.

Oh, and the systematic ENDING of corrupt, incompetant divine authority is an important goal for me. So there's that.
>>
>>50782865
>I Have No Soul To Burn now protects your soul regardless of any other souls that you have

Holy shit. In one fucking week, you've outed yourself as one of the worst power-wankers we've ever had.
>>
>>50782865
I hate to be on the same side as Timmy down here, but I have to say I don't think I Have No Soul To Burn's buff is justified at all when it doesn't have a basis in canon. And is a free perk to boot.
>>
>>50782865
...yeah, I'll just second >>50784027 instead of the other guy.

Also, what's the strongest kind of being Mephistopheles can send at you woth Demonic Disturbances like? Someone on Blackheart's level?
>>
>>50784027
Don't be sorry; he's being a cunt about it and you're not.

I think I might switch it over to the grandfather clause idea (where any souls that you've absorbed or whatever count as your soul, so long as they were absorbed prior to Ghost Rider) and then roll it back to absorbing souls afterwards leaving your soul open to harm.
>>
>>50784092
Not him but perhaps make that weakness go away post jump instead? That way it has it's canon flaw in setting but doesn't keep you from ever eating any souls?
>>
>>50784092
You could just do that thing that guy suggested where it's just your "personal soul" that's protected and other stuff added or absorbed isn't. I guess it's arguable what constitutes "your soul" depending on how you go about the absorption, but it's better than nothing.
>>
>>50783290
>Overlord

Did anyone else went as demon and summoner just to summon succubus?
>>
>>50784092
I think that sounds fair, and thanks.

>>50784131
As a counterpoint to doing this instead, isn't it another form of interjump balance since it's predicated on the knowledge of and inevitability of choosing perks/abilties/backgrounds that can consume souls? I think what YJ is proposing is a better compromise between the spirit of the perk's reference and its' breadth of applicability.
>>
>>50784092
Just an idea but what would this do to someone who was a Hollow. Does digesting souls permanently open the weak point?

>>50784131
That might work maybe, but I personally feel that voiding the weakness completely isn't good either. I guess one could note that ways of gaining souls gained through Jump-Chan would be okay, but anyone doing a Darkhollow better watch out. Just an idea for YJ-Anon to maybe think about.
>>
>>50784197
>Does digesting souls permanently open the weak point?

Yes. He's said this several times.
>>
>>50784165
As a suggestion to quantify soul propriety, if he gors with this maybe there could be a clause in the notes that "your soul" is whichever part of your spiritual makeup you consider to make you fail the chain if you lose?

Except then some cheeky fedora might go lol "I" am a consicousness and have no soul of my and use that to kick up a shitfit
>>
>>50784188
>isn't it another form of interjump balance
Perhaps but keeping the restriction forever permanently restricts the choices of the jumper going forward. If you want to keep the benefits of perk you must NEVER eat a soul of any kind, this can make certain settings like Dark Souls complete nonstarters.
>>
>>50784089
Probably not, since I believe it's implied that Blackheart is his only son (in Hell, at least; there's Danny Ketch too).

>>50784165
That's basically the version I just posted.

>>50784188
No problem.

>>50784197
If you're burning souls for food or energy, and they're not sticking around inside of you after they're eaten then you'd keep the protection. I believe someone asked a similar question a few threads ago about metabolizing souls.
>>
>>50784185
Nope
>>
>>50784249
With Dark Souls, I believe you have enough control over them to "regurgitate" them until you "digest" them for a level up/some power.
>>
>>50784288
>I believe you have enough control over them to "regurgitate" them
Not unless you have a 1-up perk.
>>
>>50784307
I think he means whatever your character does when he gives souls to a merchant.
>>
I've never played a jumpchain, but the rules look interesting enough. Are the adventures consistently well written or does it vary a lot depending on the path?
>>
>>50784222
Really? That's a bit harsh.

>>50784263
Ah okay then so the weak point is only open as long as you have a soul, beyond the one protected by this perks fiat, okay. I think the other dude had it backwards YJ-Anon.

>>50784249
>>50784288
>>50784307
Couldn't you carry them around in your pouch like the Soul of a Hero and other such items in the game?
>>
File: souls mate.png (361KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
souls mate.png
361KB, 1024x600px
>>50784307
Uh, what? You can literally take "uneaten" souls out of you to "crush" them and use the ones in your "soul bank" as money. Personally, I see the difference between "digesting" and "keeping" a soul as akin to the difference between eating a cookie and pic-related.
>>
>>50784263
So a 300 CP perk either becomes permanently useless if you do any soul eating (a core concept of the origin that grants it) or it bars you from ever doing anything that involves eating souls from that point forward?
>>
>>50784336
>Ah okay then so the weak point is only open as long as you have a soul, beyond the one protected by this perks fiat, okay. I think the other dude had it backwards YJ-Anon.
No YJ anon Just changed his mind, that anon accurately stated his ruling which has apparently just changed.
>>
>>50784358
That's how it is in the movie.
>>
>>50784377
See here: >>50703701
That was the ruling I made when the subject of digesting souls came up.
>>
>>50784332
The adventures depend on the writer, in other words you.
>>
>>50784332
Quality and style can vary a lot depending on the maker and when it was made.
Some jumps are great even if you're unfamiliar with the setting and some are bad even if you are familiar with the setting.
>>
>>50784332
It's loads of fun and there are only a very rare few Jumps that are completely hard to read. (Please grammar work with me here.) Jumpers have their own opinions on the quality of each Jump but they are mostly good.

>>50784377
I Have No Soul to Burn- Demons are soulless beings; however, in your case that might be problematic. So, instead /your/ soul will, essentially, become a non-entity- it can’t be attacked, stolen, burned, destroyed, possessed, trapped, detected etc. unless you sell or otherwise remove it from /your/ body, including putting/turning it into a physical object, or if for some reason want others to interact with it. It’s important to note that this only applies to /your/ soul, since you, as a demon are able to absorb souls (not directly; they need to be given willingly) to increase their own power, so if you’re the type of person to go around absorbing or assimilating souls willynilly /they/ won’t be protected. (Free Demon)

I empisized the point that YJ-Anon wanted with words inside slashes like /this/. TLDR: Your soul is always protected but you don't extend that protection to other souls you have that aren't yours.

>>50784397
Awesome!
>>
>>50784379
Well, maybe? Except Blackheart had "1000 souls to burn", "all that evil inside of [him], all their power, all their souls".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcfXvoGk9-0

There'd only be one soul if you "digested" them, except is would(n't) count as a soul.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
>>50782865
Crap let me rebalance my Drawbacks!

Ghost Rider Jump 044:
CP: 1000
Drawbacks:
Alcoholic [+100]
Scraping at the Door… SCRAPING AT THE DOOOOOOOOR!!! [+100]
Demonic Disturbances [+200]
Picture A Flamethrower… [+200]
Setting: Fully Fleshed Out
Locations: Carter Slade’s Grave
Origin: Drop-In
Perks:
Shadows on the Wall [Free]
Binding Ritual [200]
Deal with the Devil [300]
Spirit of Vengeance [600]
Spirited (Faustian Deal & Spirit of Justice) [300]
Gear:
Nice Bike [Free]
Wine Cellar [50]
Long Coat [50]
Infernal Contract [100]

So, I’m going to be drinking in copious amounts because I’ve literally started pissing fire. I can turn off all sense of touch to the location in question but DAMN that’s just a nasty little thing to do to a guy, though I guess it would be worse for a gal.

Anyway outside of my home troubles of being a chronic alcoholic, and the fact that I’m unsure if I’m taking these drawbacks at this point to get properly smashed which scares me a bit.

(Continued)
>>
>>50784439
Funny thing about my set up nowadays I’ve now completed my street level superhero creation systems. Jumper Industries sells Copies of the Magic Yu-Gi-Oh Cards and the Class Ring from way back in Sonichu alongside a series of that I use my personal form of the Power Curriculum Program (Scientific Railgun), teaching in Martial Arts (Ranma), and Hamon (Jojo’s Bazare Adventures) as a signing bonus to those who wanna join Jumper Enterprises extended family. In addition to that I do run a Supernatural Awareness Program for free, in which I give out the Holy Rites I’ve gotten from Spice and Wolf now. This is my basic MO for Earth equivalents these days, along with dropping my huge properties and components to continue to hire

Now that I've gotten my hands on perfect contracts and I can get folks actually go through the full length and breadth of the program given and obey the rules set on the powers, though if they drop out all they do is lose all powers and memories of them as they return to the state they started in, having never sought me out.

… No wonder the Devil hates me!

Folks who know me personally treat me like most people treat a madman who produces results, they have a tendency to show me towards things that don't break easily and such.
>>
>>50784379
It is a restriction on the jumper's future activities in future jumps and on what jumps they can take. Which is really bad under any circumstances, what's more the only way around it is to permanently lose the effects of a perk you are forced to buy to take a particular origin.

You are treating like it's fine for it to stop working for (reason) because it is free but that isn't really true, that perk and Demonic Strength aren't free. They are perks you are forced to purchase as part of the origin's cost which costs 300 unlike the rest of them which are all free.

You are paying CP for something you are forced to buy to take the origin and it'll either restrict all your future choices in other jumps or just plain stop working.

>>50784397
That's what I mean,
>Like burning them for fuel, or "metabolizing" them? In the first case it'd be a yes, so long as it happens after absorbing them and you're not keeping them around, in the second that'd be a no.

If you metabolize souls you lose the perk.
>>
>>50784460
Don't you have any plans for tomorrow, Timmy? Get to sleep.
>>
>>50784418
>I empisized the point that YJ-Anon wanted with words inside slashes like /this/. TLDR: Your soul is always protected but you don't extend that protection to other souls you have that aren't yours.
That isn't how it works, both in the setting and in the jump absorbing souls opens /you/ to attacks that target souls.
>>
>>50784499
I require greater evidence than your assertions to the opposite, sir. As it is I personally think of it the way I have seen and shown. I will await your evidence to the contrary.
>>
>>50784522
>>50703701 →
If the souls are still in you you are open to soul attacks, if you burn them for fuel they aren't in you any more but if you absorb them to increase your strength they are then a part of you thus forfeiting the protection.
>>
>>50784542
It is then worded better, and more recently, here >>50784263, sir. Eating souls/using them up so you don't have extras is okay too.
>>
>>50784522
Not him, but here you go. Also, spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen a movie that's been out for almost 10 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcfXvoGk9-0
>>
>>50784542
>burn them for fuel they aren't in you any more
Except "burning the for fuel" is literally the same thing as "metabolizing" them. The soul isn't "in you" anymore because it no longer exists. You're not holding it, you're just shaping your soul and adding traits of another-it's still solely your soul.
>>
>>50784574
Yeah, "1000 souls to burn". It doesn't hurt him because it's opening his (nonexistent) soul up to attack. It hurts him because because Skelebro is lighting a soul-bonfire inside his body.
>>
>>50784574
Dude see >>50784564 and >>50784598.
>>
>>50784598
And yet looks exactly the same as any other use of penance stare.
>>
>>50784598
>>50784605
Reread what the original guy said. Sure, nevermind. All this talk about souls is just making my head hurt.
>>
How about this?

I Have No Soul to Burn- Demons are soulless beings; however, in your case that might be problematic. So, instead your soul will, essentially, become a non-entity- it can’t be attacked, stolen, burned, destroyed, possessed, trapped, detected etc. unless you sell or otherwise remove it from your body, including putting/turning it into a physical object, or if for some reason you want others to interact with it. It’s important to note that these protections only apply to your soul since you, as a demon, are able to absorb souls (not directly; they need to be given willingly) to increase your own power; however doing so may open your soul up to attack by proxy. If you’ve already absorbed souls over the course of your adventures, they will be included in this protection; however any other souls absorbed afterwards can leave you open to attack. (Free Demon)
>>
>>50784564
My complaint is that doing that isn't always an option.

If you want to keep the perk (which is basically a 300CP discounted perk that you are forced to purchase to take the origin) you must never:

Progress as a weapon in Soul Eater
Level up in any Dark Souls jump.
Become a proper vampire in Hellsing.
Be an Undead in Valkyrie chronicles.

Or any number of other things that involve permanently adding someone else soul to you, something that is either mandatory for or core to many jumps.

This would be fine if it was actually a free perk or just a feature of the origin but it isn't.
>>
>>50784617
To be fair if you squint you can kinda see Blackheart's face screaming in the middle of the bonfire surrounded by all those folks going through hell.
>>
>>50784617
I dunno what to tell you, mang? That doesn't really mean anything other than "Penance Stare can affect souls not owned by the target" and "Penance Stare has a physical effect on the target".
>>
>>50784632
And we're back to square 1, I guess. Oh well, I suppose it's better than obligatory perks. Maybe hike the price of the Demon background instead?
>>
>>50784639
Eh, personally I don't really mind it if it still protects your soul. I mean, those other souls aren't you, so...
>>
>>50784654
It is an obligatory perk, the demon origin costs 300 cp while the others are free in order to cover the cost of the demon origin's two "free" perks.
>>
>>50784632
>>50784656
This desu.
>>
File: 1481344967934.gif (487KB, 500x214px) Image search: [Google]
1481344967934.gif
487KB, 500x214px
>>50784654
>hike the price of the Demon background instead

Anon, the Demon background is already ludicrously more expensive than the other origins.
>>
>>50784656
>I don't really mind it if it still protects your soul.
>It’s important to note that these protections only apply to your soul since you, as a demon, are able to absorb souls (not directly; they need to be given willingly) to increase your own power; however doing so may open your soul up to attack by proxy.
It doesn't still protect your soul.
>>
>>50784667
I meant more in the previous version how you had to pay out for it, but eh.
>>
>>50784632
Maybe if you make it that it protects your soul always. If you have absorbed/stored other souls then they have no protection from attacks. So an attack wouldn't harm your soul but it could harm the ones you've eaten.
>>
>>50784656
>however doing so may open your soul up to attack by proxy.
It doesn't, absorbing souls forfeits the protection to yours.
>>
File: 1390319138542.gif (987KB, 500x590px) Image search: [Google]
1390319138542.gif
987KB, 500x590px
>>50784670
As it should be.
>>
This is a lot of bullshit about something that can be solved by "this weakness goes away post jump".
>>
>>50784639

>Level up in any Dark Souls jump.
>Become a proper vampire in Hellsing.
>Be an Undead in Valkyrie chronicles.

All of these are "metabolizing" souls except for Hellsing, so it would make sense to extand protection. It still shouldn't protect other souls, though. You're just keeping them in a reservoir with Dark Binding/True Vampire.
>>
>>50784703
>All of these are "metabolizing" souls except for Hellsing
And that forfeits the protection, have you been paying attention at all?
>>
>>50784714
Take one or the other?
>>
>>50784714
I know. I'm saying it would make /sense/ to extend protection because it's not your soul, not that it /does/ extend protection.
>>
>>50784703
>All of these are "metabolizing" souls except for Hellsing
He said it was fine if you "burn them for fuel" but that "metabolizing" them removes the protection.
>>
Do the artifacts in the Sidereal jump require Essence expenditure to use their powers? I would assume so, but there's nothing in the jump document indicating one way or the other.
>>
>>50784731
I know. It's just really weird. It'd be like if Consuming someone as a Runner negated Empty Night because you're "metabolizing" someone without magic resistance.
>>
>>50784742
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Wild Card made a ruling to that effect.
>>
>>50784735
Unless specified, all supernatural effects in Exalted do. In fact, what we recognise as laws of physics arose from a very complex form of Essence expenditure.
>>
>>50784701
>this weakness goes away post jump

But that's also bullshit.
>>
How about this, instead?
I Have No Soul to Burn- Demons are soulless beings; however, in your case that might be problematic. So, instead your soul will, essentially, become a non-entity- it can’t be attacked, stolen, burned, destroyed, possessed, trapped, detected etc. unless you sell or otherwise remove it from your body, including putting/turning it into a physical object, or if for some reason you want others to interact with it. It’s important to note that these protections only apply to your soul since you, as a demon, are able to absorb souls (not directly; they need to be given willingly) to increase your own power. If you’ve already absorbed souls over the course of your adventures, they will be included in this protection; however any other souls absorbed afterwards will not be protected, and can leave you open to damage if they are attacked or removed in a way that would harm you. (Free Demon)

Am I getting warmer?
>>
>>50784768
You just changed the wording, it is exactly the same as the last time you posted it.
>>
>>50784768
Isn't that the exact same thing with the last bit reworded but with the same overall effect?
>>
>>50784755
Can the same item have multiple unrelated enchantments? Like, could I have Magic Clogs enable scene-long water walking for 5 motes and for 10 motes facilitate a Perfect Dodge?
>>
>>50784768
Ditch the perk entirely while reducing the origin's cost? This perk is being a bit of a pain and isn't even really a perk, just a feature of the origin's nature that you're charging for yet not providing backing for.
>>
>>50784785
Yes, but they'll be harder to make.
>>
>>50784785
>Magic Clogs enable scene-long water walking for 5 motes
Not how most Artifacts work.
Most Artifacts have a constant effect, like "as long as you wear these you can walk on water", but have an "Attunement" cost in Motes.
Basically an Upkeep, you effectively lose some of your Essence pool in order to use the Artifact.
Attunement costs tend to come in numbers divisible by 2. 2, 4, 6, 8, etc.
>>
>>50784805
>>50784807
I ask mainly because I want to know if it'd be possible to "merge" such items and and what the effects would be.
>>
>>50784807
Though there are plenty of artifacts that do have activated effects. Mostly magitech, the ability to pump extra Essence into something for more powerful effects is one of the hallmarks of using non-solid state artifice. Having all those interacting parts gives them room for versatility. Helltech also often has activated powers, possibly on a similar theme of them being made of multiple components.
>>
>>50784823
It's possible but the effects aren't always what you expect, and will make the Artifact's Attunement cost higher.

Most N/A Artifacts, ridiculously powerful things that there are very VERY few of, are effectively make of several 5-dot Artifacts put together.

>>50784833
True, but that's why I said "most" not "all". Also most of the Artifacts with activated effects have constant effects as well, like Celestial Battle Armor for example.
>>
>>50784768
People are currently yelling at you to fuck cannon, because they have an eating disorder. Either ignore them because there is an even larger contingent that's going to yell at you for going "fuck cannon", or drop the perk entirely because there is no wording that isn't going to stir up shit every time it's mentioned.
>>
>>50784823
Artifacts can have multiple unrelated effects. But they're more complicated as a result, and will probably take more exotic ingredients to make. Like, using the Essence of a Heaven Leaf Fallen is great for things themed around life energy, but it's going to be a lot harder to turn it towards fire blasts. You're going to need a whole different set of magic ingredients for that.
>>
>>50784845
It's not really going "fuck canon" anymore than the perk itself is. We have no examples of what would happen when you "metabolize" a soul because absorbed souls in that verse maintain their individuality instead of being carved up and ground into soul powder.
>>
>>50784840
Ah, okay. Thanks.

>>50784858
No, I meant more as in using fiat merging using such perks as in Aion and Recettear. I just wanted to know if they would each retain their distinct attunement effects or if it'd be one massive cost to activate everything all at once.
>>
>>50784878
>No, I meant more as in using fiat merging using such perks as in Aion and Recettear. I just wanted to know if they would each retain their distinct attunement effects or if it'd be one massive cost to activate everything all at once.
One attunement cost, but not necessarily the sum of the two. Possibly higher, possibly lower.
>>
>>50784845
I am just vehemently apposed to a perk that either restricts your future choices or stops working despite having paid for it.

This one makes you choose between these two things and it is a mandatory purchase for the origin.
>>
Once more, with feeling.

I Have No Soul to Burn- Demons are soulless beings; however, in your case that might be problematic. So, instead your soul will, essentially, become a non-entity- it can’t be attacked, stolen, burned, destroyed, possessed, trapped, detected etc. unless you sell or otherwise remove it from your body, including putting/turning it into a physical object, or if for some reason you want others to interact with it. It’s important to note that these protections only apply to your soul since you, as a demon, are able to absorb souls (not directly; they need to be given willingly) to increase your own power. If you’ve already absorbed souls over the course of your adventures, they will be included in this protection; however any other souls absorbed afterwards will not be protected, and can leave you open to damage if they are attacked or removed in a way that harms you; however your soul will still be safe if you survive having your other souls being attacked or removed. (Free Demon)
>>
>>50784878
>I just wanted to know if they would each retain their distinct attunement effects or if it'd be one massive cost to activate everything all at once.
The Artifact would have a flat-attunement cost for all of the powers, and then each "active" power would have its' own separate cost you could use individually.
>>
File: 1373683579430.gif (499KB, 222x366px) Image search: [Google]
1373683579430.gif
499KB, 222x366px
>>50784901
Looks okay, senpai.
>>
>>50784901
I'm sorry that they've pushed it to the point where you need to be so specific but thanks it looks awesome YJ. Thank you for the Jump in general though because it is awesome.
>>
>>50784901
>however your soul will still be safe if you survive having your other souls being attacked or removed.

Your soul will be safe if you don't die. . .
This still hasn't changed anything!
>>
>>50784901
Isn't the solution that was proposed the first time you listed the perk? Why didn't you go with this in the first place?
>>
>>50784901
That looks exactly the same as before, only now it tells you that you don't die if you don't die.
>>
>>50784934
People die when they are killed, anon.
>>
>>50784900
Spot the difference.
>Free
>Mandatory
>>
>>50784954
Read it again he didn't change a thing, just added more words "if you don't die you aren't killed".
>>
I'm happy with the one that I just posted, so that's what I'm going with. If there are no other complaints for the other parts of this Jump, I'll be uploading this to the drive.
>>
>>50784968
The origin costs 300 while the others are free, this is to cover the price of Demon's two "free" perks.

The Perks aren't really free, their prices are just included in the origin so that you're forced to buy them if you want that origin.
>>
>>50784984
Sure would be nice if you actually listened to any complaints instead of changing a few words around and forcing the jump on the drive.
>>
>>50784975
>If they are attacked or removed in a way that harms you.
Can you list any soul targeting effects that harm people they don't hit, cause I'm drawing a blank?
>>
File: hearthstones.jpg (46KB, 289x658px) Image search: [Google]
hearthstones.jpg
46KB, 289x658px
Do Hearthstones come in varying sizes, or do they change to fit whatever they're slotted into? I'm reading stuff, and some are really smol and others are decently large. Can they be carved to no ill effect? Do they require the Manse they were taken from to still be intact?
>>
>>50784984
Please get rid of the demon origin's price tag and "free" perks, one isn't something anyone really wants and you are flat out refusing to back the other.
>>
Friendly reminder that Timmy is the one who started this conversation in the first place. In other words, be on your guards.
>>
>>50784984
Not sure why you bothered pretending to listen to complaints when you intended to keep it the same as it originally was. Especially when anons gave you multiple suggestions to change it.
>>
>>50785015
Friendly reminder that most people who talk about Timmy are actually the shitposter trying to shut down a conversation they don't like.
>>
>>50784998
You are harmed by anything targeting the souls in side you, the only thing he changed about the perk from the last time is that if you survive the harm your should won't be harmed.

"you will live unless you die"
>>
>>50785022
Friendly reminder that Timmy likes to pretend he doesn't exist by implying the shitposter isn't real.
>>
>>50785029
>should
soul
>>
>>50785033
Friendly reminder that anon doesn't understand I was calling him the shitposter, not implying they don't exist.

Is this passive aggressive enough or do we need to go deeper?
>>
>>50785029
Line? Or are you just making shit up to get your way?
>>
>>50785006
I'm not quite sure about the size thing
They can't be carved to my knowledge
Yes they need the Manse to be intact.
>>
>>50785033
Friendly reminder that Timmy Turner has FAIRY GODPARENTS!!!!11
>>
>>50785033
Actually he prefers to make it look like everyone is him by arguing on both sides of any argument so that everyone else on each side things the other one is all him.
>>
>>50785006
They change to fit the slot, they can't be carved, and they do require the Manse to be intact.
>>
>>50785058
You sure he doesn't just forget which side he's arguing for? Doesn't seem too bright an individual.
>>
>>50785046
>and can leave you open to damage if they are attacked or removed in a way that harms you
followed by
>however your soul will still be safe if you survive having your other souls being attacked or removed.

"You will live unless you die."

He literally just added a meaningless sentence to the end of the previous version which was itself a rewording of the one before that.
>>
I'm feeling kind of lost right now.

Can people suggest or link solutions they think are better than the current wording so it doesn't seem like people just want to have their free perk cake and eat it too?

Not YJ Anon, I'm just trying to figure out if it's not too late to find some middle ground between "this adversely impacts future choice parity" and "this free perk meant to represent an innate aspect of a certain supernatural being should be arbitrarily better than its' canonical equivalents because reasons"
>>
File: tmp_18539-Justiceanon2062718288.png (210KB, 650x1658px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_18539-Justiceanon2062718288.png
210KB, 650x1658px
>>50785040
Friendly reminder that one of his favorite tactics is accusing others of being the shitposter.

No, let's keep going and see what happens.
>>
>>50785083
>if they are attacked or removed in a way that harms you
Which brings us back to>>50784998
>>
>>50785098
People have given plenty until now, not that you nor YJ seem to care, but my favourite is "Just remove the fucking thing because only one character ever shows it and every other demon has a soul anyway".
>>
>>50785105
Friendly reminder that you are accusing others of being the shitposter
>>
File: raw.gif (935KB, 498x350px) Image search: [Google]
raw.gif
935KB, 498x350px
>>50785118
>because only one character ever shows it

Like that isn't half of our perks ever, anon.
>>
>>50785131
What's this gif from? I think I recongnize the art style but I'm pretty sure she isn't from Ranma 1/2.
>>
>>50785131
Most such perks are free perks for an origin based on a category of characters as a whole. If the origin was just Blackheart, fine. But it's the demon origin. Not all demons are Blackheart yet all demons gain his unique trait?
>>
>>50785098
I'm of the opinion that it should protect your soul alone and any additional souls you pick up aren't protected. So you'd survive a soul based attack but you might lose some of the souls that didn't originally belong to you.
>>
>>50785098
1. Improve the perk, you are (indirectly) paying CP for it while the benefits it provides are either restrictive or not permanent.

2. Ditch the perk and it's associated increase to the origin's price, it is a feature of the origin given CP cost and made into a perk for no real reason.

3. Do not make a perk of questionable value mandatory by including it's price in that of the origin.
>>
>>50785141
You are literal filth.

It's from Sailor Moon, it's Rei
>>
File: tmp_18539-c651238077959.jpg (72KB, 680x340px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_18539-c651238077959.jpg
72KB, 680x340px
>>50785125
You're right, anon. Have I become the shitposter in an attempt to combat him? This will not stand.
>>
>>50785118
Jesus, calm down. It's 4 in the morning and thread looks blurry through these sleepless eyes.

I think it's a good idea too, though

I mean, every other demon in the first movie gets taken down with way less hellfire than the Penance Stare.
>>
>>50785155
There is only one way to solve this inner conflict you have encountered.

You must fight to the death....with yourself!
>>
>>50785153
So it was her art!
>>
File: fairies.jpg (11KB, 236x202px) Image search: [Google]
fairies.jpg
11KB, 236x202px
>>50785053
Friendly reminder that you people should ignore the shitposting and the not shitposting, just get to the point.
>>
>>50785155
The shitposter isn't just one anon.

He is one anon who tricks others into doing his work for him.

Every time you accuse someone of being him.
Every time you say he doesn't exist.
Every time you try to warn others of him.
Every time you reply to his bait.
Every time you mistake an opposing argument for him.

You join his shitposting bot net, becoming one with the shitposter.
>>
>>50785165
You know what that sounds like? Sounds like someone ordered a stupid-looking boss fight!

>>50785053
You jest, but Timmy's the kind of kid I imagine growing up to be a shitposter.
>>
If you don't survive having your other souls sucked out/attacked, then your soul is fine and has whatever happens to it when you die happen, whether that's failing the chain or going to the afterlife or whatever; you dying would be a consequence of whatever method was used to attack you and your other souls, NOT because absorbing souls leaves your soul open to attack like it did previously.

If you survive having your souls attacked or sucked out, then your soul is still completely fine; it's your other souls that are damaged and/or sucked out.

Either way, your soul was still protected by the perk.
>>
>>50785209
Let's correct this shit.

If you don't survive (As in you die from the attack) having your other souls sucked out/attacked, then your soul is fine (Your souls is not take or eaten, but it does pass on because you died) and has whatever happens to it when you die happen, whether that's failing the chain or going to the afterlife or whatever; you dying would be a consequence of whatever method was used to attack you and your other souls, NOT because absorbing souls leaves your soul open to attack like it did previously.

If you survive having your souls attacked or sucked out (You did not die from whatever attack is used on you), then your soul is still completely fine; it's your other souls that are damaged and/or sucked out (You have all the other souls eaten or destroyed but your original one is fine, as long as you yourself are alive at the end).

Is it so fucking hard to just be clear to people when they have told you over and over again that you are not being clear with the definitions you are using?
>>
>>50785209
Sorry man, but after hearing out those other folks I'm with >>50785118 on this. Otherwise, we run into the question of what the things are made of if not souls when they're supposed to be spiritual entities. As >>50785144 put it, the other demons go down from way, way less hellfire than the Penance Stare-and rewatching how the water one died it's arguable the Rider seems to have used something like the Stare to boil him up.
>>
>>50785209
Just looked up the video he brought up. One more vote for just nixing the perk.
>>
>>50782732
I'm fairly certain the time travel thing is false, because recounts of the Primordial War tell us that time travel weapons were used and abused by both sides, until the concept of time travel itself was sundered from a part of one of the yozis and destroyed, but this was after the creation of the loom if I recall correctly.
As for whether the destruction of the loom itself would cause Creation to blink out of existence...well, /something/ would happen. Causality and reality, fate and time might certainly become detached from each other, but I don't think it would all just blink out of existence.

As an example, there are places that exist outside of the purview of fate (and the loom), and they don't blink into raw wyld the instant they're created.
So I think you'd get all kinds of time paradoxes and weird chaos wyld shite happening, but something would still be around. I don't think it'd just be raw wyld.

>>50783405
I too was curious about that, but I wasn't going to question it.
I went Chosen of Journeys.

>>50783505
Covenant Scenario: Lumenwood Kin
Normal Scenarios:Cursed Island (Neutral Route), Misty Eastern Lands (Neutral Route).
Nightmare Scenario: Appetite For Annihilation (Luminwood Kin Route)
>>
>>50785245
I've been trying to do that, I wouldn't be here talking to you all if I wasn't trying.

Okay, if I did remove I Have No Soul to Burn what should I replace it with?
>>
>>50785344
>what should I replace it with?
I'm really coming around to the idea that you don't read what people post now, given multiple people have said to just remove it and reduce the origin in price. It's a free and exclusive perk, you don't need to replace it, just lower the origin cost.
>>
>>50785344
I mean what should the Demon's 100 CP perks be?
>>
>>50785362
A perk to make people not comment on your edgy eyeshadow.
>>
>>50785362
This was meant for >>50785355
And I do read everything that people reply to me with.
>>
>>50785344
>Remove the Soul Protection

Welp, there goes any reason to go anything but a Ghost Rider.

Because, you know, if you cross one without the protection, you're fucked.
>>
>>50785344
Just throwing something out as an idea but,

"Restless Spirit-It's said that the West was built on legends. Tall tales that help us make things too great or too terrifying to believe. You are one such legend. In your presence, shadows gather and with an exercise of will electronics can flicker and malfunction. In a pinch, milk curdles and the wind blows cold with a mere exercise of your will. For you are attuned to the world on a level no mortal man can ever approach, and these little omens of your power can remind them of why mankind once feared the darkness."
>>
How powerful/dangerous is Super Robot Wars OG Saga Endless Frontier?
>>
>>50785362
You could just turn the existing perks into 100 cp perks, they are literally nothing more than basic traits of the origin and definitely overpriced with the current 300 cp price tag. There is no reason for them to be as expensive as they are and people wouldn't be complaining so much about the perk when they aren't forced to pay large amounts of CP for it just to take the origin.
>>
>>50785407
It's almost like that's already in the jump.

>Infernal Intimidation- Demons are scary, but that’s not surprising. Well, you turn that up to 11; a mere glance from you is enough to paralyze a normal person with fear, and even the hardiest of people will fear your wrath. Not only that, but you can make the environment change in minor ways to increase your intimidation factor such as snuffing out candles or electronic lights as you approach, or at the most slamming doors or windows closed to prevent escape. (200 CP, discount Demon)
>>
>>50785362
Well, you could >>50785412 make Infernal Intimidation a 100 CP-er and move I Have No Soul To Burn up to 200 CP.
>>
>>50785412
>Basic traits
Holy shit really anon? Are we really going over the whole bit about it NOT being a basic trait?
>>
>>50785415
Well, shit.
>>
>>50785433
No soul, that is just the way demons are.

Low superhuman physical abilities, also just basic demon. Completely helpless against the likes of the Ghost Rider.
>>
>>50785453
>No soul, that is just the way demons are.
Really? You got proof? Because everything we know seems to point towards it being more likely to be just a unique trait of Blackheart, not a universal ability of all demons.
>>
>>50785362
I agree with this, actually. >>50785431

You could easily just shift it and Infernal Intimidation around, jut need another perk for 100 CP.
>>
File: Wolfgang.Schreiber.full.52095.jpg (156KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Wolfgang.Schreiber.full.52095.jpg
156KB, 800x600px
Would it be possible for an EX Noble Phantasm of a Rider Class servant be something like 'when activated, the user's speed and reaction times escalate so they always go faster than their opponent, even if things like time slow or acceleration are in effect'?

It is bad if want to equip my companions with Noble Phantasms inspired in Dies Irae's relics?
>>
File: One with the shit poster.png (54KB, 325x261px) Image search: [Google]
One with the shit poster.png
54KB, 325x261px
>>50785197
When everyone's a shitposter
No one will be
>>
>>50785471
I'd say yes with the caveat it gets beaten out by an effect equivalent to an A++ rank Noble Phantasm considering an Excaliblast was able to cleave through Ea. Also who are you, the inevitable Super Omega Final Kiritsugu F/GO will shit out to milk better Fate installments shamelessly?
>>
>>50785477
that is his end game plan to ruin the thread, once everyone seems like they are the shitposter the whole thread will shut down.

Remember when he drove off two jumpmakers by tricking the thread into doing something that made it look like a significant portion of us were just like him?
>>
>>50785362
Maybe a regeneration perk as the demons were pretty fast healers?
>>
File: Kriemhild_Helheim_Lebenstein.png (1MB, 1589x894px) Image search: [Google]
Kriemhild_Helheim_Lebenstein.png
1MB, 1589x894px
>>50785471
Stop using Dies Irae or the rest of the associated Masada series as examples. I can guarantee you almost none of the Briah, Atzirah or Laws or whatever stuff is going to be okay, especially not the more broken ones like Wolfgangs stuff (Though it could be worse). And honestly probably almost nothing below that either.

I know it's cool man but this just ain't the path to getting that stuff. Not saying that other paths don't exist however, but that's up to you to find your own path to it.
>>
File: -7rNO-LK.jpg (42KB, 473x472px) Image search: [Google]
-7rNO-LK.jpg
42KB, 473x472px
>>50785501
Well, the other option is for everyone to just chill the fuck out and not take everything so personally.
>>
>>50785518
>Stop using Dies Irae or the rest of the associated Masada series as examples.

Not him, but... huh? For what have people kept using Dies Irae as examples? There's only one example an a general question up there.
>>
Changelog:
-Demon origin is free
-Satanic Strength and Infernal Intimidation are now 100 CP perks and Satanic Strength can now be bought by anyone
-I Have No Soul to Burn now costs 200 CP and isn't free for Demons, and can be bought by anyone
>>
>>50785540
Just some guy that keeps bringing up that one guy's power in various attempts to gain it from perks or options that let you custom pick powers. I've noticed him at least a few times now.
>>
>>50783483
>Don't know how you can kill a true immortal though. I mean, I guess you could say it's based on the Primordials being killed, but weren't they killed by Solars?
...No.

The Primordials were killed by the Exalted Host as a whole. Solars were just the commanders/champions, so they got most of the glory.

In reality, every single type of Exalt has a version of the Charm that can perma-kill Spirits and Primordials. The only ones who CAN'T kill Primordials natively are Infernals, and that's only because they're actually using Primordial Charms.

Exaltations were build as Primordial-killing superweapons. It would be silly if only the Solars could actually do what they were created for.
>>
>>50785550
You realise this doesn't actually fix any of the problems with the perk that anyone brought up right? When people said remove it, they meant replace it with something that isn't filled with issues. Not just put a price on it and leave it as is.

The least you could do is take in what >>50785245 said so we can understand what you're trying to say instead of the mess the perk is now.
>>
>>50785551
I think it's different people, actually. I know at least that I've posted that image in an attempt to counter something like it.
>>
>>50785563
If you've got problems with it then don't buy it? It's no longer something you get without buying it.
>>
File: Wolfgang's_Briah.jpg (60KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Wolfgang's_Briah.jpg
60KB, 640x480px
>>50785518
>I can guarantee you almost none of the Briah, Atzirah or Laws or whatever stuff is going to be okay, especially not the more broken ones like Wolfgangs stuff (Though it could be worse). And honestly probably almost nothing below that either.

I just wanted to grab his speed stuff, not his actually overpowered Briah.

How is that more broken that stuff like God Hand, twelve 1-ups with a B-rank, Gáe Bolg, a spear that fucks with Causality to hit with a B-rank, Rule Breaker, a dagger that cancels almost all magics with a C-rank.

None of those are even A-rank.

And that's just without dwelling into the no-sense of F/GO stuff or other more obscure LNs.
>>
>>50785551
>keeps bringing

I asked for something similar to Wolfgang's speed months ago (checking the archives, early August).

I don't see how doing it once qualifies as 'keeps bringing' enough to trigger you, honestly.
>>
>>50785604
God Hand is limited during the chain to a 1-up. Gae Bolgs causality warping is nowhere near always being faster than your opponent. Rule Breaker cancels magical contracts not magic. Always being faster than your opponent is an utterly insane ability.
>>
If someone attacks the walls of my Inner World, would that cause damage to the rest of me? Also, is it like a pocket dimension somewhere else, or if you entered it would you literally be inside yourself?
>>
>>50785647
It doesn't protects you from things that:
>Can stop time
>Always hit, no matter what
>Other powerful effects that can disrupt Noble Phantasms/Supernatural effects

It's just as absolute as any other reality fucking Noble Phantasm.

Also, you're spending 750 SP on it (a third of your budget). Similarly, Reality Marbles cost 800cp and can do ever worse things (getting all the weapons that you have seen, summon all your allies scaled to be a Servant, etc.).

I don't see how 'going fast' is really that overpowered. In most cases you will just upgrade your speed a little, and unless you're going against things like a speedster (whose only ability is to go fast), it's not going to change things that much.
>>
>>50785563
Honestly, that guy put me off with how hostile he sounded, but okay. Here's the new version.
>>
>>50785050
>>50785077
What happens when you leave the world/the Manse is destroyed? Does the stone just go "poof", or does it just cease to function? If the latter, can you still get the special benefits of the stone itself without the enhanced Essence recovery?
>>
File: 750402-1229928488989-1024x576.jpg (96KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
750402-1229928488989-1024x576.jpg
96KB, 1024x576px
Can we use our first-circle demons residing in our Inner World to collect taxes and get essence from them?
>>
>>50785730
So, is this version fine? Are there any issues that need to be worked out still?
>>
>>50785730
Looks good. Is it ready for jumping?
>>
>>50785918
I guess. If no one speaks up, I'm going to upload it to the drive.
>>
>>50785654
>If someone attacks the walls of my Inner World, would that cause damage to the rest of me?
Nope, don't think so.

>Also, is it like a pocket dimension somewhere else, or if you entered it would you literally be inside yourself?
You would literally be inside yourself.

>>50785748
>What happens when you leave the world/the Manse is destroyed? Does the stone just go "poof", or does it just cease to function?
It ceases to function and becomes an inert rock.

>If the latter, can you still get the special benefits of the stone itself without the enhanced Essence recovery?
Nope, that's tied together with the essence and comes from the manse.

>>50785778
Yes. Higher-ranking demons actually do that in Malfeas.

Storage is the main issue.
>>
>>50785604
And none of those scale without limit either. Look at the few things in the banned skill list. Notice how many things there are things that scale without limit? As to your examples, God Hand only gives one 1 up, Gae Bolg can be dodged just by being lucky, Rule Breaker doesn't work on anything on even an E Rank NP level.

>>50785642
Not sure why you think I'm triggered over this.

>>50785719
>I don't see how going fast is really that overpowered
Really? You've missed all the discussions on how super speed is one of the most broken powers around and people with it in media routinely need to job to not instantly win? And you're questioning why always being faster then your opponent, no matter how fast they are, is considered broken?

Again, let's look at how you use your examples but exaggerate them. UBW only copies weapons up to a certain rank and without a limited time, limited area summon, is very costly to use and even then everything is always one step weaker. Ionioi Hetairoi? It summons a few thousand weak Servants, with a small number of stronger ones. None of these Servants have NPs, the strongest feature of Servants. It is also limited time, limited area.

The answer is no. You do not get to be always faster then anything ever with an EX rank Noble Phantasm.
>>
>>50785978
>You would literally be inside yourself.
So, uh, spatially or conceptually? Do Inner Worlds have outer walls?

>>50785978
>It ceases to function and becomes an inert rock.
Could you study them to learn how to make artifacts with similar effects? Like, determine the "flow of essence" or something and try to replicate it? Because some of them in the corebook have some neat functions.
>>
File: yodasodone.gif (684KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
yodasodone.gif
684KB, 320x180px
>>50786031
>>
>>50786002
Do you know of any canon examples of noble phantasms that empower the people fighting alongside a servant?
I'm trying to think of something that works that way, but I don't want to go overboard with how strong of a boost it could provide
>>
>>50786040
Nothing comes straight to mind sorry. Not saying there aren't any, with the wealth of stuff around in the various series I have no doubt there's at least one ally buffer NP, but I'm a little out of it at the moment so my memory isn't at it's best. Sorry.

Give me a shout tomorrow and I'll have a look around for you if you'd like.
>>
File: tumblr_n055fiyxMc1sqlkyeo1_500.jpg (84KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n055fiyxMc1sqlkyeo1_500.jpg
84KB, 500x347px
>>50786002
Reckon you could build a reality marble that forced people trapped with in to face their fears?

And if not, is it possible to force people trapped inside to face mine?
>>
>>50786072
I imagine either is possible.
>>
>>50786069
No problem, I'm digging through the wiki right now, so hopefully I'll be able to find something before much longer.
But if not I'll certainly take you up on that, thanks.
>>
>>50786002
And how would you make a similar NP that works similarly without going 'infinite'?
>>
>>50786099
Make an NP that makes you go faster without scaling to be faster then any opponent you have? It seems pretty simple to me to just have one that makes you go fast.
>>
>>50786116
That's pretty pointless for 750SP.

I mean, if you admit things like >>50786072 , what's so bad about escalation?

This prohibition just seems really arbitrary. Would limit it to not being able to go against things like God-Flash or anything that actually goes FTL do the trick?
>>
>>50785978
>Storage is the main issue.
Not knowing the canon, how could you solve this issue?
>>
>>50786140
A fair number of people seem happy with Agility EX, I'd imagine some would be fine with an even stronger NP version. I find it hard to care for your opinion of what is or isn't worthy as an EX rank given what you seem to think should be allowed.

How is a Reality Marble that is basically the equivalent of a AoE Boggart from Harry Potter as bad as limitless scaling speed?

How is a it arbitrary? That an effect that has no upper limit and can potentially let you move faster then FTL, MFTL, teleporting or even infinitely fast beings is considered too powerful?

No, you'd need significantly less then FTL as a cap considering that is absurdly faster then anything save maybe end of CCC super upgraded Servants.
>>
>>50786193
>I find it hard to care for your opinion of what is or isn't worthy as an EX rank given what you seem to think should be allowed.

And you say you weren't triggered.

Well, since you're not willing to put anything to discussion and ignore the kind of shit that goes flying in the nasuverse, I guess I will leave my NP as 'goes faster than you' and just assume that it stops working at some point.

Have a good day.
>>
Is there any other perk to see if someone is "Redeemable" besides Ghost Rider? There Breaking Bad which tells you the consequences of mercy, but doesn't tell you if you can reform someone.
>>
>>50786240
True Lies has They Were All Bad, does that do what you're wanting?
>>
>>50783405
Endings, so I could waifu Saturn.
>>
>>50786282
Yup, thanks.
>>
>>50784185
No, but now I want to. I can't though, because I want to be a werewolf.

What to do, what to do...
>>
Will a Symbiote you purchase from Ultimate Spider-Man be adapted to your powers? Will it be able to keep up with your crazy shapeshifting and elongating? Will it essentially share your resistances, so if you are almost immune to fire it will be too? Essentially, is it at risk of your own powers damaging it more than they damage you, or it being destroyed by an attack while you stand there fine?
>>
>>50786193
>Boggart

I was thinking something more like a labyrinth akin to a real life Silent Hill, and the apparitions could probably do some harm.

That too far?
>>
>>50786031
>So, uh, spatially or conceptually?
Both? It's inside your soul, which expands to hold a world, but somehow still fits in your body.

>Do Inner Worlds have outer walls?
Walls aren't mentioned, you just can't go outside the world you shaped. Because there's nothing outside.

Personally, i'm a little fond of the 'you loop around and end up on the other side of the world' version of boundaries.

>Could you study them to learn how to make artifacts with similar effects?
Maybe?

I don't think you'd end up with something resembling a heartstone, since they're pretty different though. And they'd cost essence to attune, since they don't have a manse backing them.

But you replicate the effects if you don't want to buy manses.

>>50786185
Magitech Essence batteries, probably
>>
Other than the various superhero jumps, where can I pick up some good durability for an early-mid chain jumper?
>>
>>50786325
Long as the apparitions have some sort of maximum power ceiling that isn't crazy, it seems fine to me. You probably won't be able to go for the classic atmospheric horror of Silent Hill 2 with the time limit (Not without some forethought and setting the right mood beforehand anyway), but I bet you could do a badass otherworld with it. I'd imagine you'd also have a good degree of control over it too, such as if you wanted to focus it in on specific parts of the people trapped inside it instead of letting the RM take care of it.
>>
>>50786348
SCP has a perk that allows you to regenerate from being cremated.
>>
>>50786348
Infamous has some great early chain stuff and iirc that includes one for durability
>>
File: labyrinth-David-Bowie-1.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
labyrinth-David-Bowie-1.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>>50786359
>Not without some forethought and setting the right mood beforehand anyway

Of course senpai, I learn from the best
>>
>>50786348
>Overlord's warrior origin
>Hellsing's vampires and werewolves (kind off)
>Twilight's vampires
>Any shonen jump (Toriko, One Piece, Naruto)
>Type-moon's servants and vampires
>Metal Gear Rising
>Hack and Slash games (God of War, Darksiders, etc.)
>>
>>50785209
So basically, if you get hit by the penance stare, I assume it hurts like a birch as 'your' souls burn, but then your fine, because your 'real' soul is protected?
>>
>>50786360
That's useful, and I thank you for it, but I have some pretty good regeneration already. I'm now in the market for something to help me not get hurt in the first place, assuming I can't dodge fast enough.

>>50786367
That it does, and I forgot I have that one, so thank you. Other such perks would be appreciated, if anyone knows of some good ones.
>>
>>50786379
A fair few options here. Thank you as well.
>>
Can you import power armor as your super suit in The Incredibles?
>>
>>50786360
>early-mid chain
>SCP

kek.
>>
>>50786441
Sure.
>>
>>50786495
Thanks!
>>
>>50785978

There's some stuff I was wondering concerning the Infernals jump.

1. Any chance of adding an option (or modifying Orphaned Cub of the Devil Tiger) to make it possible to gain the charms of a primordial that no longer exists?

2. Would anti-mind control/manipulation effects, weird urge-loopholes like "Do what you would if you weren't an Akuma", or importing them later make it possible to restore an Akuma's ability to be a person?

3. If your insane would it be possible to get an Adorjan Gale as an actual companion?

4. Assuming you found a way to communicate with them would it be possible to gain access to the 'dead charms' of one or more of the Neverborn, and could you do so without dying in the process? If so would it be possible to convince the Yozi to let you (and a few others) focus on attempting to develop charms to make the Neverborn's existence less painful instead of focusing on breaking them out of their prison?

5. If you take the drawback where you have to break a yozi out of Malfeas, and have the means to somehow pull it off(I probably don't but I got curious). Would helping the Ebon Dragon succeed in their goal of becoming a Shinma (with the intent of ironically attempting to use them to make Creation better by making 'not being the Ebon Dragon a cosmic fact do to how shinma world), be a valid method of completing the drawback goal?

6. Any chance of a background music perk do to how important music stuff is to the Yozi, and/or a narrator option that's basically 'You can let one or more of the Yozi watch and comment on your adventures, while they occasionally attempt to offer (probably accidentally horrible) advice'?
>>
File: 1403499507463.gif (33KB, 679x604px) Image search: [Google]
1403499507463.gif
33KB, 679x604px
>>50786475
It will be fine anon
Get the Regen and the memetic hazard protection and you'll be fine. Trust me, I've done the calcs
>>
Is there such a thing as half a mote, or other fractional motes for that matter? There are a few perks that affect your energy pools multiplicativy and I was wondering if they would even matter if a mote is the smallest unit of Essence that an Exalt can consciously manipulate.
>>
File: Disgusting.jpg (10KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusting.jpg
10KB, 246x205px
>All this fucking exalted talk
>Having another franchise to become familiar with in order to get half the conversations in the thread
>>
Okay, so I'm looking for feedback on this noble phantasm.
Wild Hunt, B-rank, grants a rank up to parameters similar to the mad enhancement to those who join the hunt, those who are designated as prey cannot join the hunt.
I'm basing the boost off of Saint War Order [B anti-unit], Requiem for Death [B anti-army], and Crystal Palace [B+ bounded field].
SWO gives the same boost to the user, RfD drops parameters 2 ranks for anyone who hears it, and CP ranks up the user and allies stats.

I have a few ideas for other things to include if it seems too strong or too weak at it's current cost.
Increasing the rank up to two ranks up, not including the user in the rank up, and/or removing the ability of those who've joined the hunt to retreat, as the hunt only ends when the prey dies or escapes
>>
>>50786664
Seems good as is. It's not quite the strength (Albeit in reverse) of RfD but it applies the buff to everyone that joins until the hunt ends and does so to all parameters. Slightly stronger then CP given it's not limited to a certain area but it's also a little weaker then RfD so it seems to even out to me. Looks like a good B rank. Only thing I'd say is to go into a bit more detail into what being in the hunt entails and stuff but that's mostly fluff.
>>
Is there anything that would allow me to safely store non-sapient living things? Preferably in stasis?
>>
>>50786721
Cool, I wanted to make sure I had the crunch in place before putting too much though into the fluff.
>>
>>50786657
Or you can, you know. Stay out of it. It's a free country/imageboard sempai.

Personally I find it far more refreshing than all those narutofags trying to wank their setting as being this unbeatable heap of bullshit.
>>
>>50786752
That's the half I don't pay attention to
>>
>>50786657
There aren't that many. Basically just it, Fate, and Worm, plus a couple of setting's people only care about for a perk.
>>
Can anyone post infernal jump ? I can't find it on drive.
>>
>>50786533
1. No... but you could take their themes and make something practically identical.

>2. Would anti-mind control/manipulation effects
It's not really mindcontrol, they just don't have free will. But if you get them some perk that gives them that, it should work?

>weird urge-loopholes like "Do what you would if you weren't an Akuma"
Possibly. But might eliminate self-control if you're not careful, and might not be perfect.

>or importing them later make it possible to restore an Akuma's ability to be a person?
Unlikely, I'd say. But fanwank something for yourself?

3. Sure. Importing would make her take up a slot.

4. Not with infernal stuff. And they're likely to HURT and immobilize you, if you do learn them.

And no, the Yozi do not want to think of their dead relatives. It scares them.

5. He'd likely have to be broken out of Malfeas before he could take the Shinma's place, as those are (sort of) in the wyld?

6. Background music... Maybe. Music from nowhere isn't really a thing like it is for games and such, but a demonic music group that follows you around could work.

No on the narrator, I think? You'll have to make do with your coadjutor/Past Life, instead of the Yozi themselves. Doesn't really fit what the Yozi do...

>>50786632
No, one mote is the smallest unit of essence.

I assume those perks would just give you more motes, rounded up/down to a non-fractional amount?
>>
>>50783184
>>50782957
I'm reminded of that Flashpoint where, while fending off an Republic assault, you can kill the captain of the carrier(?) your on and take it for yourself.
>>
File: Garlock Awakens.jpg (20KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
Garlock Awakens.jpg
20KB, 704x396px
>>50786725
Steven Universe's gemtech is neat at making storage spaces for that sort of thing. Pretty stylish and roomy ones, too. The ones they used to keep certain rogue gems in don't seem to have a viewable horizon.

>>50786826
Yo, just to check something-assuming I can develop a spell that replicates the Titan-Unleashing Clarion to summon a Yozi's jouten, would you have to commit motes to maintain it or only have to cast it again to un-summon the jouten?
>>
File: Best Splat.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Best Splat.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50786811
Oh, and here you go.
>>
>>50786931
That seems kinda beyond what sorcery can do, at least without somehow taking the sun's authority over the Yozi's oaths.

I'd assume you'd only have to spend essence to summon/banish them, but it'd be expensive as all holy hell.
>>
>>50786725
Origin: Spirits Of The Past has the Stayfield Pod which is essentially made for exactly what you're asking.
>>
>>50786725
GoB-clone and a stasis/time dilation field?
>>
>>50786725
40 K has some tech for That, it's really old, though, so it's going to be difficult to get your hands on.
>>
Wild Hunt B-Rank Anti-Team Noble Phantasm
HerlaĂľing. AsgĂĄrdsreia. Odens jakt.
The Wild Hunt is said to have been lead at times by King Arthur, Herne the Hunter, Odin, the Devil, and more.
When the user calls up the Wild Hunt they designate their prey and any who stand in their way either join the hunters or the hunted.
Those who join the hunt take on some the hunts association with the dragons and the devil, gaining a full rank to all parameters but also gaining a minor vulnerability to dragon slaying and holy weapons.
The Hunt can only end when the prey has been captured, killed, or has made a true escape, the hunters cannot abandon the Hunt until one of those parameters has been met.

I'm not entirely happy with the wording, but it describes what the np does well enough.
>>
Just to get in on all of this Exalted talk, are the Elemental Poles that stabilise Creation against the Wyld actual giant can-be-seen-from-the-horizon things or more a metaphysical boundary?

I got confused when Garlock mentioned his idea of making his own, since I thought they were conceptual.
>>
>>50787091
They are actual giant pillars/environments of their elements.

The pole of earth is Mount Meru in the center of Creation, the others are in the four corners.
>>
File: JC5.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
JC5.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>50786987
Well beyond under normal circumstances certainly, but I was thinking of comparing notes with Jibril, using Dark Wisdom to convert NGNL summoning techniques into an Essence-compliant variant. Then using Unbound Casting and Abyss of Magic to respectively bypass the mystic circumstances of the Surrender Oaths and dump hundreds of motes into yanking one out.

I just feel bad at best, they're going to be stuck aimlessly loitering in the Wyld while I figure out how to mass produce and miniaturise the Games of Divinity, so that using the Games of Divinity GO I can continue giving therapy with a team-building exercise.

>>50787091
They're both; they're limitless masses of the most pure fonts of the element you can find e.g. the elemental pole of wood is this recursive giant tree made of trees, the elemental pole of wind is a massive storm etc. At the same time, their existence stabilises Creation's edges against the utter chaos of the Wyld so it doesn't just slip in and go all surreal. Approaching one of them actually requires taking a trip through the Wyld.

Though mine are little different though since I made them before going Devil-Tiger-Primordial (Deva-Primordial?), because it's also possible to make an artificial one using 20something Reality Engines, a Protoshinmaic Vortex and a lot of high-end Essence engineering. Those are totally just really sophisticated artifacts and not non-euclidean magical locations, though.
>>
How does one summon Hellsing Holy Bayonets? Would it be possible to import them into a weapon that retains modifications to get an infinite amount of jumper-grade personal weapons?
>>
>>50787131
>Those are totally just really sophisticated artifacts and not non-euclidean magical locations, though.
I'm pretty sure they /are/, actually. The reality engines aren't necessary anymore after it is stable. The only difference would be elements and their method of creation.
>>
>>50787192
They just kind of shot up out of your sleeves/pockets, it's a reference to Alexander's seemingly limitless supply of the things in the anime.

No, because a) it's a gimmick, not an actual power, and b) besides, each individual bayonet doesn't duplicate or do anything to enable duplication, you just never run out of 'em.
>>
File: JC6.jpg (78KB, 1328x585px) Image search: [Google]
JC6.jpg
78KB, 1328x585px
>>50787194
Wait, they aren't? Huh, forgot about that-I thought the thing was supposed to just sit there and churn out the element/balance up against the other Poles, does it literally blossom into a new big mountain or something?

Though if we get technical it's a very thin line in Exalted considering physics themselves are an aberration and the natural order of things is to be stories in an infinitely infinite expanse of asshole fairies. I just figured-those things have mostly mechanical components and break down if you hit them hard enough, right? Whereas I'm pretty sure the natural ones would be harder to break completely just by hitting them.
>>
File: ambercourt.jpg (316KB, 855x584px) Image search: [Google]
ambercourt.jpg
316KB, 855x584px
>>50782098
I didn't know about that. I might use it. Reminds of Shadow Doubles (or something) in the The Chronicles of Amber.
>>
>>50787278
Are you ASA?
>>
>>50787278
It literally blossoms into a new mountain, yes.
>>
>>50787327
He had this whole character arc and now uses stills from Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013) instead of the Anti-Spiral ones.

Something about heroism I think.
>>
>>50786348
Teen Titans or Young Justice for half kryptonian or otherwise super-alien alt forms
Dog Talisman from Jackie Chan
>>
>>50787373
>Other than the various superhero jumps
>>
>>50787350
I missed that.

I just find it interesting that I'm noticing the same character flaws. He's dropped the collectivism but retained the authoritarianism, and that's what allowed me to connect them
>>
>>50787385
>He's dropped the collectivism but retained the authoritarianism
is he Xi Jinping?
>>
>>50787350
Huh, so that's where that retarded bird comes from.
>>
File: JC8.jpg (207KB, 630x345px) Image search: [Google]
JC8.jpg
207KB, 630x345px
>>50787327
Yep.

>>50787340
Huh. That's a rather different mental image to what my Poles. Or the Shinmaic Poles I built for my Cosmic Forge.

>>50787350
And thanks to yet another arc, I've regained the power to take on the creepy shadow form once I get pissed enough through an intense nigga moment with Shin Rage! But at this point, all the heroic energy surging through me and my spiritual automation optimising all my energy pools means my self-image defaults to being Harlockesque. I'll never be a bonafide champion of goodness, but I can't simply dismiss its' value altogether anymore. My true form is...shinier these days, for lack of a better word.

I mean, I guess it would be more accurate to call me some kind of werespiral. But that would just be silly.
>>
File: 1459329334300.jpg (294KB, 612x782px) Image search: [Google]
1459329334300.jpg
294KB, 612x782px
>>50787391
Xi Jinping is a robber baron
ASA/Garlock is a moral busybody

There's an Orwell quote about that somewhere
>>
File: 1428198228206.png (207KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1428198228206.png
207KB, 500x371px
How many jumps did it take before you were a bad enough dude to rescue the president?
>>
>>50786826
Just an idea, but don't those demon-harpers play the sounds of fate or stars or something like it? maybe you can tune yourself in to that.
>>
>>50786657
Now you know how I feel every time certain personalities open their god damn mouths.
>>
>>50787472
I was always a bad enough dude
>>
>>50787472
One. Saints Row
>>
File: 1481156235959.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1481156235959.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
>>50787488
>>
File: JC9.jpg (437KB, 2000x1340px) Image search: [Google]
JC9.jpg
437KB, 2000x1340px
>>50787385
Yeah, thousands of years in being a total bastard doesn't just magically disappear just because you crossed the streams. But flaws can be channeled in different directions, and they say the first step to recovery is acceptance.

I mean, not long ago I'd have tried to kill all the Incarnae and new Solars by now rather than tried to work them into my Great Leap Wyldwords.

>>50787391
>>50787428
...speaking of which.

Harsh, guys.

Real harsh.

>>50787472
Let's call it 10, since presidents weren't really a meaningful concept in my chain until jump #9
>>
Is there a(n easy) way to steal an exaltation?

Like, kill solar, put soul in jar, use cheat mode, hand out like candy at a later date?
>>
>>50787523
>stealing a piece of divine essence
Do it.
>>
>>50787473
They play the strings of Time like a harp.

Maybe.
>>
File: 1475544001857.jpg (66KB, 642x960px) Image search: [Google]
1475544001857.jpg
66KB, 642x960px
>>50787515
You still have no faith in Man. You will never recover until you accept humanity in all it's flaws and all it's glory.
>>
>>50787538
Um, yes. We've already determined that.

The question is, how?
>>
>>50787617
You already have a plan. Just do it.
>>
>>50787577
Humanity is flawed. Even 'perfect' humans are 'perfectly' flawed.
>>
>>50787655
So perfectly flawed
>>
>>50787523
Easy? No. Capturing one is doable, with heavy work, due to their behavior for cleaning. Getting it to bond to a chosen person is something no one's managed for (Solar/Lunar/Sidereal) Exaltations.
>>
How soon after the initial invasion does the JSDF invade the other world?
>>
>>50787627
I don't think 'put soul in jar' qualifies as a valid plan?

I mean, it might work - MIGHT- but my understanding of exalted is that they're too complex for that.
>>
>>50787669
Your emperor is a corpse.

>>50787693
That's exactly what happened in canon.

And it was done by non-solaroid non-god people.
>>
>>50787523
1) Walk up to newly Exalted Solar.
2) Convince them you can "cure" their Anathema curse
3) Say that you will make them one of the righteous Dragon-blooded
4) Using Ghost Rider's Deal With the Devil, remove their burden (Solar Exaltation) at the cost of either your DB Exaltation or an SB Magatama with it.

What happens?
>>
>>50787717
or just wait for a Solars jump.
>>
>>50787683
The counterattack to retake Ginza from the invaders was immediate. The counter invasion to the other side of the Gate took a few months to organize I think. I have no idea how long it takes to construct star forts, especially with modern methods, but that's also a thing they did.
>>
>>50787733
The point is mass-producing Exaltations using Cheat Mode, apparently. Not personal power. Have it go into a jar.
>>
Hey eagerDigger, the Emerald pedestal doesn't regenerate Fake Emeralds after they are used, right? If I turn an already very powerful crystal into a Fake Emerald, and then used it for a Super/Hyper form or Time-Space Manipulation, I'm not getting it back, right?
>>
>>50787733
>Wait for things
>Instead of working your ass to get them

Geez, since when Jumpchain turned into a bunch of sissy people afraid of doing things by themselves? The benefactor is not going to be always around to give you goodies.
>>
File: Sun.jpg (63KB, 600x668px) Image search: [Google]
Sun.jpg
63KB, 600x668px
>>50787717
>>50787523

I would be more interested in stealing the UCS 'fuck you I win' charms.
>>
>>50787735
Thanks Anon. Follow-up question, is everyone in the Imperial senate dicks? Do they all just follow along with whatever the Emperor does?
>>
>>50787733
The fact that we didn't get Solars as a jump first instead of comparatively worthless other Exaltations, says a lot about the priorities of the Exalted jumpmakers.
>>
>>50787774
If they can be stolen, they weren't that good to begin with.
>>
>>50787790
a Jumper has a lot of outside-context powers that they might not be able to counteract tho
>>
>>50787783
They prefer fun things to powerful things?
>>
File: JC11.jpg (352KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
JC11.jpg
352KB, 1100x733px
>>50787523
If there was an easy way, it would've been tried. It the Sidereals' best insights into First Age engineering to create a device called the Jade Prison to catch and seal away the things for a while.

The Neverborn can do it, but they're undead superspirits immersed in a super-void singularity's entropy driven by a desire to constantly die who had to corrupt the Exaltations into their own image. And even then, the things retain the possibility of being redeemed back into their regular form.

The Yozis can do it, but they're mutilated superspirits who built Creation driven by spite and it apparently took a group effort to set up corrupting them in their own image. And again, they can be restored if the god of Exaltations gets his hands on them.

Both groups only succeeded once they got their hands on the things pre-stored in the Jade Prison.

The damned things are considered untouchable and unsteerable in their course by anything short of 200 years' constant exposure to Deep Wyld while within a host. And even then the tracking mechanism wasn't disrupted, just whatever part of them stops Lunars from being turned into defective mutant monsters.

Oh, and the things leave their host upon death. This happened over and over again during the Primordial War despite their enemies' best efforts.

So basically, you need at least Celestial Exalted-tier engineering, access to as many magical materials and exotic components as you can get your hands on, an organization comparable to the brightest Sidereals of the First Age and a lot of determination.

>>50787717
Considering how easy it was for Slade and Blaze to walk away from Mephistopheles I wouldn't put much faith in that.

>>50787706
To be fair, the Sidereal Exalted as a united front are far more capable than almost all gods, and able to outwit the entire Solar Deliberative.

>>50787488
Also, get bullied nerd.

But seriously just talk about whatever you want, it's not a difficult concept
>>
>>50787799
You say that like that's not going to immediately bite you in the ass as soon as you go into one of those settings.
>>
>>50787781
Keep in mind its a different culture with a very different mindset. Your standard decadent Rome tropes apply here, maybe with an extra dash of imperial national pride as the situation with the Gate hasn't fully sunken in.

Even the 'good' Princess Pina Co Lada (really) doesn't give much a damn about peasants compared to the value of nobility and the nation as a whole.

But don't bother introducing democracy. The cultural infrastructure just isn't there. Just murderhobo your way to the top like Conan the Barbarian like the god king you know you are.
>>
>>50787800
>Fun
>"Fun"

Yeah keep deluding yourself.
>>
>>50787809
what do you mean?
>>
>>50787790
Some of them include upgrading your stats so you're always '+1 [stat name] of your opponent stats'.

But like everything in Exalted, it costs Essence and it's not permanent. Meaning that if you can't activate it, it is worthless.

Also, there is the infinite damage attack.

>>50787808
>To be fair, the Sidereal Exalted as a united front are far more capable than almost all gods, and able to outwit the entire Solar Deliberative.

They still needed the Great Curse in full effect, the Gods being busy playing Divine Wii Sports and the entirety of the DragonBlooded to take them down.

A focused united Solar Deliberative would wipe out anything and anyone in the Creation and Beyond.
>>
>>50787774
How, tho?

>Go to Alice in Wonderland, buy Tweedlified
>Go to SMT, buy SB
>Go to Ghost Rider, buy Deal With the Devil
>Go to Sidereal, buy Games of Divinity
>"Hey dude, if you give me these Charms, I'll give you the capability to play TWO cosmic X-boxes... at the same time!"
>Jumper is murdered for their cosmic X-box
>>
>>50787837
I will, thanks.
>>
>>50787839
If it can't deal with out-of-context shit, it's not as good as it's cracked up to be. If it can, good luck stealing it.
>>
>>50787783
Well, there's actually an Exalted jump on the SB drive that has Solars and Lunars.
>>
File: JC12.jpg (1MB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
JC12.jpg
1MB, 1400x700px
>>50787783
>worthless
>Infernals
>Sidereals

I will fight you over the internet. I'll take best splats in the whole damn game over canon meme Ultramarines.

>>50787831
>Pina Co Lada

This is a new low after Sheev Palpatine. I guess it can't be helped after the squid people turned out to live on Mon CALAMARI though.

>>50787799
"Might" being the operative word. I know setting favoritism gets thrown around a lot as an accusation, but given the feats and context of the things it's very advisable to bring your A-game and cover all the bases.

>>50787840
That's very true, too.

>>50787840
I believe Perfection Beyond Imagining actually increases degrees of success rather than pure stats, and caps out at 40 dice in a contested action. Its' real power lies in its' raw versatility though, since unlike Excellencies the Sun can use it for anything he tries his hand at.
>>
>>50787885
Yeah, but HeavensAnon was still a relatively new jumpmaker when he made that.
>>
>>50787885
Yes, we know. It's much maligned here.
>>
>>50787898
lel ebin meme senpai xDDDD
>>
File: Exalted umbra.jpg (36KB, 800x661px) Image search: [Google]
Exalted umbra.jpg
36KB, 800x661px
>>50787846
>Not Ravenloft's perk

>>50787897
Huh, it says that it increases the attribute. Aren't all whitewolf's games rolls based on attribute+something?

>The Unconquered Sun is not intrinsically superior to all beings. His panoply makes him so. This Charm is a global divine Second Excellency that may be used to enhance any Attribute or Ability action, adding up to 10 successes at a cost of one mote per success. Conviction: Whenever the Unconquered Sun spends Willpower to enhance an action, he automatically succeeds with a threshold of 10 over the difficulty or any direct or indirect opposition (such as a competition). No penalty, target number manipulation or other detrimental effect can lessen this success in any way. In the case of comparing static traits, he is assumed to have a rating 10 higher than any opponent. The Conviction power of this Charm is not transferable and may not enhance a dodge or parry (physical or social). The Uncon- quered Sun knows that attacks must break upon him due to Aegis of Unconquered Might (p. 12), so his perfection does not trouble itself with stopping what is futile. If another Charm contests this Charm’s automatic supremacy, the Unconquered Sun applies a flat 30 successes to the roll-off, which is to say he hasn’t lost yet. As in any Charm roll-off, if this result ties with an opponent’s result, roll one die and assign victory to one side on an even result and victory to the other on an odd result. Only the basic pool and any modifiers stated in a Charm affect roll-offs. They are not actions and therefore ineligible for other bonuses such as Excellencies."

Oh, and there is also the Aegis of Unconquered Might, which makes him immortal against thinks that make immortals not being immortal anymore because being not immortal would not be cool enough for an immortal like him.
>>
>>50787751
Pretty much this. I want delicious candy to hand out as party favors to people. Actually being a solar isn't a priorit.
>>
>>50786002
I feel like you always strangle people's ideas for EX considering it's supposed to be like 10 times as powerful as an A rank by your own supplement and basically just "lulz this shit's broken, yo" in canon.
>>
>>50787846
>Jumper is murdered for their cosmic X-box
That right there is my biggest fear about Jumping. So many entities would see me as yummy and try to rob/eat/suck the powers out of me.
>>
>>50787972
Get 'Private' from Death note before hitting any big place.
>>
>>50783505
â—‹ Hunter of Hunters
â—‹ Zealot and Scholar
â—‹ Old Blood
â—‹ Cursed Island
â—‹ Deconstruction of Society
>>
>>50786941
Thanks.
>>
>>50783405
Journeys for those sweet Modern Charms.
Not like you can't get the charms of other castes either, it's just going to take more effort.
>>
>>50787831
Eh, instituting a new form of government isn't really that important to me. I figured I could get a job in the Imperial military, and while quickly training up the troops, build support in the populace. When the Japs bomb the senate, I outst the Emperor, take his place, and repel the invaders.
>>
Does anyone know of perks to corrupt or otherwise shift the morality of your companions more in line with yours? My jumper is tired of his goody two shoes companions being all upset about his...morally questionable actions.
>>
>>50788017
One last note, you should probably decide if you want to stay in 21st C Earth or fantasyland after a few years.

That stargate just ain't stable I'm telling you. Shoddy construction of space time all around.
>>
>>50787953
As the one who asked the Wolfgang's NP, I kinda understand her frustration of her jump becoming a wankfest.

But at the same time, it's hard not to wank something that literally allows you to create your own powers in an universe where concept fucking is the bare minimum for mid tiers.

It's like trying to make an Exalted jump and complain because people get the canon charms that basically allow them to split settings in half. Maybe.
>>
>>50788028
Morality Pet from Disgaea can be used to make people inherit your qualities and personality traits, whether you're trying to help them or corrupt them.

Mandatory shill complete. Commencing nap procedures.
>>
>>50788044
Oh, you mean like InNomineAnon and SMAs?
>>
>>50788039
Fortunately, I have more then a few devices/spells to make portals, so even if the gate closes, I can make another portal.

Hmm. Wonder how the gods would react to that?
>>
>>50787808
>Considering how easy it was for Slade and Blaze to walk away from Mephistopheles I wouldn't put much faith in that.
But wouldn't most people freak out about being an Anathema and not WANT to walk away in the middle of you offering to save their life and make them the equivalent of a superpowers celebrity?
>>
>>50787988
"Supernatural abilities that allow information gathering don't work on you"
Not bad!
I kinda want to collect all perks like it and make an "invisible/undetectable" build
>>
File: JC13.jpg (58KB, 736x308px) Image search: [Google]
JC13.jpg
58KB, 736x308px
>>50787943
Oh, I'd forgotten about the trait part. Yeah, them's the breaks. Conky's hax can't be beaten solely through pushups.

And yeah, the Aegis is the true bullshit part of him.

>>50783505
Just the Lumenwood Kith one.

After an awkward booty close call with space, I was too worried about being sexually harassed by the locals to go near more of them. You got any idea how hard it is to fend off horny Great Ones when they KNOW your soul can new life?! In a roundabout way, but still-I was married at the time.

Also, here's Beast's Embrace: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKP4_aNTUA4

>>50788028
Ironically, We Stand Together from the Hero perkline in Worm could give you the basis for that since it gets them working in a team. Shin Angyo Onshi has a perk for making people dependant on you, and of course the Ebon Dragon's perks in Infernals are geared for corrupting others.
>>
>>50788068
>Ranger build in Overlord
>Sideral Charms
>Ancient Nosferatu in oWoD
>Assassin class Servant with an EX NP focused on stealth
>Metal Gear jump
>Memory Blanking

With these, you should probably be able to sneak up in the face of a god.
>>
>>50788068
Worm has a perk to make it impossible to predict your actions, even with just good old fashioned deduction.
>>
>>50787953
We've got plenty of examples of EX rank NPs anon. If you're unhappy with a ruling, bring it what you're unhappy with in particular rather then this vague complaining. I explained all my reasons to the other guy and he seemed to just abandon any line of conversation he had no answer for so don't try and pretend like i was strangling some valid idea when he could provide no justification for it beyond 'concepts yo'. If you'd like a try at justifying infinite scaling speed (Or whatever it is you're unhappy with) as an EX Np (Against things like Avalon, Ea and so on as the other examples), then be my guest.
>>
File: smugfacec9e.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
smugfacec9e.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>50788104
>With these, you should probably be able to sneak up in the face of a god.
. . . and just what are you going to do on the face of a god?
>>
>>50788104
>EX NP focused on stealth

Is that something you could use to make True Stealth?
>>
File: JCthefuckyoulookingatFlowey.jpg (127KB, 2500x1047px) Image search: [Google]
JCthefuckyoulookingatFlowey.jpg
127KB, 2500x1047px
>>50788066
It varies; at character creation the game's very keen on PCs deciding whether their dude embraces it (especially Zeniths, who receive a personal visit from the Unconquered Sun to congrutulate/inaugurate them) or, well, flip out a little, especially when some of them can get the Past Lives merit from the experience.

I was thinking less of the active restraint part and more the apparent flimsiness of the deal's magic if ol' Meph could do seemingly nothing to stop Blaze from strolling away though, factored with the Exaltation's preprogrammed tendency to seek hosts based on its' own criteria.

>>50788124
Draw cat whiskers, duh.
>>
>>50788155
Eh, part of that was that he left plenty of loopholes. Also, I don't think he ever showed the ability to do the retroactive part of the upgraded version either.
>>
>>50788155
Oh so you think the actual Exaltation would just fly off when to tried to move it from their body?

Because from the way YJ Anon has talked about it, I think it would probably work if the deal was "move Exalt from one person to another". Maybe not if it was just "pluck it out and keep it in a jar" or something.
>>
File: cat1479050417083.jpg (98KB, 634x476px) Image search: [Google]
cat1479050417083.jpg
98KB, 634x476px
>>50788155
>Draw cat whiskers, duh.
Gangsta
>>
>>50788117
>Gardens of Babylon, magical fortress of fuck you
>Chaos Labyrinth
>La Pucelle can annihialte anything at the cost of a sacrifice
>Any of Solomon's NPs

But hey, they're in no way that powerful.
>>
>>50788245
Grand Order is not and never should be an example of anything except the depths of Nasu's madness.
>>
Can someone link me to a good character creator for Exalted as well as whatever else I need for a build (charm lists, Martial Arts, Sorceries, etc)?
>>
>>50788245
>Gardens
Combination of two, TWO, EX skills and huge prep times with huge amounts of resources.

>Chaos Labyrinth
Not sure what's so impressive about something that is basically a maze RM?

>La Pucelle
Without feats, that's about as trustworthy as George apparently having infinite defensive power at middle ranks in a skill. You do have feats for this right?

>Solomon's NPs
Really anon?

But hey, just to show I'm taking that into account and you're more full of shit then you already are, I do have some potential plans for things like Solomon and his power tier for the GO jump.
>>
>>50788245
Anon, you're being an autist here. Maybe walk away from your computer and do something offline for a bit.
>>
Is there anything that would expedite the process of learning Charms? Would learning boosters in general be fine, or would it have to be spiritual growth in particular? Could I learn Charms by absorbing memories, whether my own or others?
>>
>>50788273
The Gardens and Ruler's NP are from a novel.
>>
File: Legitimate Businessbeing.gif (883KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Legitimate Businessbeing.gif
883KB, 320x180px
>>50788195
Basically, yeah. I don't think I was around for YJ's comments on the thing though so i can't say for sure. I do recall that some of the devs have discussed the idea the Great Curse got past the Exaltation's perfect defense by completing its' immunity to outside influence somehow; it's not technically canon though, just something they think makes sense.

>>50788194
Yeah, I guess. The movies aren't exactly lore-heavy, but I got the impression Mephistopheles...really didn't think the whole Rider thing through.

I'm not sure how relevant the retroactive part would be though; at best it might cover up your tracks if whatever you're doing rings any Fate alarm bells, at worst it might be a beacon for the Sidereals on duty.

>>50788245
Um, not sure about the others but La Pucelle is "balanced" by the fact you need to kill yourself to use it, isn't it?

And the Gardens of Babylon are similarly "balanced' by the fact they require a very long setup period rather than being something you can whip out of a hat on a moment's notice. It's also conceptually lesser due to being not part of Semiramis' original legend or something, but that part's vaguer and doesn't really seem to affect much.

And looking at the wiki, I don't see how something based on something else "almost equal to a Reality Marble" is much to write home about?

And I'm not sure to what extent it allows for his NP to arise, but Solomon's beefed up by God's blessings to the point he also has some unique EX Personal Skills to show for it. Didn't he also summon himself into a superior Servant vessel from the Throne of Heroes? Which means he either can use True Magic or his magic's buffed to the point where it can interface with it. I'm not exactly sure to what extent, but judging from Savera and BB's Alter Egos there seems to be some connection between the really ridiculous stuff and unique skills? Not sure.

>>50788294
First one I could find on google, hope it helps

http://anathema.github.io
>>
File: Garlock Arrives.jpg (25KB, 597x333px) Image search: [Google]
Garlock Arrives.jpg
25KB, 597x333px
>>50788329
Well, in essence (no pun intended) the learning process is broadly similar to enlightenment. So the relevant perk from Journey to the West, several from Samurai Deeper Kyo and The Noble Eightfold Path from Lord of Light (implicitly, by fluff and Mir's comments that it's essentially a realisation everything is one) should help. One of the Tenno capstones from Warframe and being a Lumenwood Kith from Bloodborne also helps in internalising more abstract, weird truths I think. The correct Classpect from Sburb could simply give you vast amounts of potential in training weird conceptual stuff like this, and I think the Main Character-boosted Drop-In perk I Will Be The Main Character in Disgaea ought to also help since the process is essentially getting used to applying all the Essence sloshing around inside you in increasingly constructive and heroic ways.
>>
>>50788319
>Not sure what's so impressive about something that is basically a maze RM?

Infinite maze that can only be dispelled by the user's will.

>Feats
Well, maybe it can't destroy any target and maybe conceptual abilities can fail.

>you're more full of shit then you already are

And you say you aren't triggered. You at least try to post one without sounding so aggresive. Does wanking in the internet really hurts you that much?

>>50788321
But anon! It's cool outside and my chair is so comfy...
>>
>>50788436
>Infinite Maze
Gonna have to enlighten me on where you get that from.

>Feats
So you have none, as expected.

>No reply to the other examples
Deja vu, it's just like the last time when you abandon things as soon as you realise no one believes your shit.

>trigger accussations again
>aggressive
I'm sorry you have such thin skin anon but maybe this just isn't the right place for you.
>>
>>50788494
Based Val
>>
>>50788494
How goes FSN?
>>
File: laugh1477790473919.webm (1MB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
laugh1477790473919.webm
1MB, 260x260px
>>50788494
>>trigger accussations again
>>aggressive
>I'm sorry you have such thin skin anon but maybe this just isn't the right place for you.
>>
>>50788561
Sorry to disappoint in this case but RL stuff has stopped me from finishing what little's left in the past 2 days. Stress and job hunting takes a lot of the motivation out of you after all. Have next few days free so it should still be ready by the date I said earlier.

Which is uh, late tomorrow? Though given timezones I think that's actually the day after tomorrow for most of you guys, being American and all.

Maybe, I don't understand timezones.
>>
>>50788646
Hey, I get it. RL comes first. Don't stress yourself out further.
>>
File: b9a.png (78KB, 834x979px) Image search: [Google]
b9a.png
78KB, 834x979px
>>50788593
>accusing an Australian of being butthurt
>>
>>50788672
I know, right? Smug laughing anime girls seemed the only appropriate response to Val's rebuttal of autism!anons flaccid barb.
>>
File: leaf_scan.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
leaf_scan.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>50788672
See, this is just a misunderstanding. Australians bring the bantz, but it's all in good fun. Canadians, though? They're the real shitposters. Never trust a leaf.
>>
>>50788494
>>50788507
>>50788319
>>50788321
There is no need to samefag to cheer for yourself.
>>
File: no.png (66KB, 796x263px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
66KB, 796x263px
>>50788848
>>
>>50788918
You don't need to respond to the troll. Everyone (including him) already knows that you weren't samefagging.
>>
I only know the plot of Mass Effect from reading it off wikipedia, but if you take the Reaper's Eye would that mean that the Reapers will go through the portal right away instead of waiting for Soverign to call for them?
>>
>>50788494
Nice Photoshop
>>
>>50788994
What's the attunement cost for Celestial Battle Armor?
>>
Is Val the next target of the shitposter?
>>
>>50789036
10 motes. Normal suits also require a hearthstone too, but assume this one is an advanced model that doesn't need one.
>>
Jump #9: Bloodborne

Hunting Partner - 300 * Friends are nice to have.

Rally - 0 * Sure, why not?
Blood Bullets - 0 * My blood is bullets now. That's pretty damn neat-o.
Hunter - 0 * Okay.

Good Blood - 0 * Now my blood is even better bullets.
Blood Saint - 300 * And now my blood is lots of bullets.
Art of Quickening - 600 * Well, the dash is useful, but really why I'm buying this is…
Bloodied Combat - 400 * Now my blood is fucking fire!

Gift From The Little Ones - 0 * Saw Cleaver and blunderbuss, bitches.
Bag of Quicksilver Bullets - 0 * My blood is plenty of bullets, but may as well.
Bag of Blood Vials - 0 * Again, kind of redundant, but why not?

The League * Valtr is a cool dude.
Misty Eastern Lands * Murdering blood ninjas and bloody demon moths. Fun.

The Hunted + 200 * Oh well.
Obvious Cannibals + 200 * Man, fuck these guys. I wasn't paying attention to the first one on my first playthrough and sent him back to the church.
Blood Lust + 100 * Blood doesn't taste that bad.
Curiosity + 100 * I wonder what'll happen if I poke that giant wolf thing?

...Well I can eat practically anything after the first scenario. Is it wrong to eat a cannibal? Does it balance out, karmically speaking?
>>
>>50788994
Well, they can't go through until Sovereign calls them. That's basically the story of the first game, he's trying to find a back door into the Citadel and activate the relay. Without it, the Reapers can only arrive when Mass Effect 3 happens. You're just targeted by their minions until then, I guess.
>>
>>50789096
Asking questions like this is the same as shitposting.
You should know the drill by now. Report and ignore.
>>
>>50789091
wait, so html wizardry can tell you if someone is samefagging? I thought 4chan was anonymous?
>>
>>50789109
Okay, thanks!
>>
>>50789098
Okay, thanks.
>>
>>50789122
No, it's the opposite
HTML wizardry can allow you to edit away your (you)s flawlessly for a screenshot, meaning that the accused can't post any proof, making the accusation only disruptive. Meaning that any post accusing someone of being a >samefag can only ever be a shitpost.

Oh, and you aren't anonymous, any mod can come along and see your IP just like users on /pol/ can see a random hash.
>>
>>50789181
oh I see! thanks for the explanation
>>
>>50789210
I don't think I made it clear that standard users can't see the IP, so you are anonymous to standard users, just not to mods and maybe janitors.
>>
>>50789122
No. But I can tell you are female. Funny how that works eh?
>>
File: 0b3.jpg (24KB, 534x400px) Image search: [Google]
0b3.jpg
24KB, 534x400px
>>50789309
>>
Jumpers, what jumps have the best waifus as companion options? Whether because they are hotties, badasses, or my personal fetish, hot scary murderous sociopaths.
>>
>>50789333
Overlord.
>>
>>50789333
>Whether because they are hotties, badasses
RWBY?

>hot scary murderous sociopaths.
Exalted. Freedom is to let go.
>>
>>50789333
EVO. Gaia is best waifu. And if she isn't, she'll evolve to become best waifu.
>>
>>50789327
I am not being ironic. I just like taking guesses about people. And since that anon >>50789122
>>50789210 wasn't embarrassed about admitting ignorance and asking for help, and thanked graciously when it was offered... I thought she might be female.
>>
>>50789389
>she'll evolve to become best waifu.
What jumps have perks that let you evolve to become the perfect waifu?
>>
>>50789394
>wasn't embarrassed about admitting ignorance and asking for help, and thanked graciously when it was offered

Are you fucking kidding? Is everyone you know a dick?
>>
File: Plutia.jpg (136KB, 1264x632px) Image search: [Google]
Plutia.jpg
136KB, 1264x632px
>>50789333
I personally am fond of Plutia, but there's probably a bit of bias there.
>>
>>50789444
Well, he IS spending his time here, so...
>>
>>50789444
C'mon anon, being a dick here is the norm.

Although bitches around here are the worst of us.
Thread posts: 470
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.