[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homebrew Weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: dnd02.jpg (61KB, 450x431px) Image search: [Google]
dnd02.jpg
61KB, 450x431px
Okay, so our party just went past 10th level and the DM gave out a lot weapons that deal ridiculous amounts of damage to non-magic users because he said it'll let the compensate for later levels. One of the party members has a modified Oathbow that deals 2d10 +1d8 magical damage, and another has this sword that deals 2d12 +6. And yes, the +6 is a magical bonus to damage and the sword does deal magic damage. As one the magic users of the party, it feels like I'm being pushed to the utility role. And recently, the other players are hounding me to do so, since "I don't deal damage anyway".

Is this still balanced? Was the DM right about later levels? Am I just being whiny bitch? What's your stand on homebrew weapons, /tg/?
>>
File: 3019374.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
3019374.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50764564
>it feels like I'm being pushed to the utility role.
It's kind of hard to answer without knowing the system (I can infer D&D, but what edition?)
That said, outside of 4E, you absolutely are a utility role.

Your main strength is how many options you have to tackle any given problem.
Haste isn't always the best option, but it's almost always stronger than Fireball.

>Is this still balanced?
Probably, does it matter?
>Was the DM right about later levels?
Maybe, does it matter?
>Am I just being whiny bitch?
Near as I can tell.
>>
File: 1454214393738.gif (3MB, 406x300px) Image search: [Google]
1454214393738.gif
3MB, 406x300px
>caster complaining about martials
>>
Spellcasters get OP after 10th level.

Another thing is that if youre going to play a spellcaster, you have to think like one.

Remember that HP isn't the only stat you roll against. Enemies have to make save throws too.

Just because you can't cave someone's head in doesn't mean you can't take control of them, misdirect them or cripple them. Or fly around them. Or drop them through a hole into another plane of existence.

If you think that's "utility" and it's not fun for you to play that character maybe consider reclassing or re-rolling
>>
>>50767199
D&D 5e

>>50767507
The problem with being the utility guy is that the party's definition of such is not what you listed down. It's the guy that's supposed to cast all sorts of detect every time you turn in a dungeon's corner. The guy who's supposed to pocket everyone with heals. The guy who's role is to fill the shoes of the stereotypical moba support.
>>
>>50768019
Normally I'd say it doesn't really matter cause casters are OP, but casters are usually only OP if you play them a certain way. Based on the fact that you feel like you've been completely obsoleted by 2d12+6 damage, I'm assuming that you're not playing them that way, so I think it's fair to call BS on your DM. There's no point in nerfing casters just because they CAN be OP if the players aren't actually playing them in an OP way.
>>
>>50768019
>The guy who's role is to fill the shoes of the stereotypical moba support.
Whelp, that's your job too. Mainly because no one else *can* do it.
If you don't like the playstyle then don't pick the class.
>>
>>50768442
I don't play MOBA's. What are support players supposed to do in that game?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.