[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever made a conversion for the DoW IG Generals?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: Winter_Assult.jpg (502KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Winter_Assult.jpg
502KB, 1680x1050px
I can't recall ever seeing a fanmade miniature close to it and the games have been out for years.

And what would the closest actually usuable rule-set be if someone made it? Just a command squad and giving the officer a power weapon + Boltgun?
>>
>>50763054
No, but i've always wanted to.

No reason why you couldnt make custom rules. Power claws + storm bolter isnt that hard, just pay the right points

A good start might be the scions tempestor prime with his coat. Then buy some power claws from anywhere and cut the claws off and attach to wrists. Lastly get a grey knights stormbolter, they come with a side mounted mag and are meant for the wrist. Then paint 'em up. But there are pleanty of alternatives. You could use the cadian command squad.
>>
>>50763256
My kit-knowledge is a little rusty, but I think the body would work with any cadian trooper legs and the cadian command squad torso.

The cape, pauldrons and fists have to be made out of green stuff (there aren't any identical human-sized power fists for both arms). Maybe Terminator arms (the ones holding the Bolters/Hammers/Shields/nothing) could work for the fists, but I'm not sure.

The Grey Knight Stormbolters are little too big for imperial humans. I would cut a bit off at the bottom (see pic) and replace the magazine on the side with a Bolt-Pistol mag (makes it look smaller instantly).

My head knowledge is very poor, but I think one of the catachan command squad heads looks like Stubbs if you file away the mohawk. The bald, scarred head from the cadian command squad would make a nice Sturnn. For Alexander, I guess a lot of heads would work, but the iconic Visor would need to be greenstuffed.

The unlockable golden Breast-plate for Alexander and Stubbs can be made by replacing the command squad torso with one of the knight torsos from the Imperium Cavalry from Warhammer.
>>
File: stormbolter-diagram.jpg (7KB, 174x134px) Image search: [Google]
stormbolter-diagram.jpg
7KB, 174x134px
>>50763910
forgot the pic, sorry
>>
File: image.jpg (475KB, 1987x2893px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
475KB, 1987x2893px
Ny dude has got an arm-mounted Storm bolter. It's a cut down firestorm carbine from anvil industries regiments range.

Still a bit big for a standard guardsman arm but fits nicely on a power fist.
>>
>>50766423
I don't think a human can fire storm bolter with one hand. Even spess marines need 2 to hold it properly.

In fact I remember reading that recoil from bolt pistol is strong enough to break an arm of unexperinced human shooter, and we are talking about stormbolter here.

Still, just nitpicking. It looks nice.
>>
Doesn't 1d4chan have statblocks?
>>
>>50768085
All depends on the guy. In rare circumstances a guardsman could weird one.
Yarrick holds a power klaw and a storm bolter and Harker holds a heavy bolter in his hands
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.