[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>an inquisitor and his retinue must go undercover as gue'vesa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: chaplain.jpg (445KB, 1600x1116px) Image search: [Google]
chaplain.jpg
445KB, 1600x1116px
>an inquisitor and his retinue must go undercover as gue'vesa to stop a Tau research project into the Warp that unknowingly threatens to open a rift and flood the sector with Daemons

How realistic is this for a campaign? How would you make it work?
>>
Pretyy good. In ye olde lore, before GW started the whole eternally stuck in 40,000 retcon train, the Tau tried to access the Warp during the last world campaign. Basically GW would log the victories and losses in stores for a set period of time, and writers would come up with a story based on that.

The Tau had a whole storyline about learning about the Warp. They kidnapped and tortured Eldar to learn about the Warp (and got butchered by Eldar retaliatory strikes - Eldar vs. Tau battles were decided in favour of the Eldar).
But more importantly was the Tau trying out proper Warp engines, and promptly abandoning the design and banning all research into it.

Oldschool Warhammer had the Tau greedy for Warp knowledge and that greed resulted in them making horrid mistakes, so yeah. Go right ahead.
>>
>>50761336
>How realistic is this for a campaign?

Not bad.

>How would you make it work?

By having the Tau be dupes. There should be a Chaos cult, or at least a dark adept of some kind, pulling the strings from behind the scenes.
>>
I'd like to run a game where the players are Imperials who infiltrated a Tau held human world and have to perform false flag attacks against humans and even loyalists to turn public opinion against the Tau
>>
File: why contain it 1.jpg (56KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
why contain it 1.jpg
56KB, 288x499px
>>50761336
>>50761516
>We don't need eyes where we are going!
I recommend watching the movie "Event Horizon" and then letting your dudes board a similar Tau spaceship before it attempts to enter the warp. Or your party is part of a rescue crew on a different ship and finds the first ship drifting near the warp exit point, seemingly lifeless.

Either way, call the ship "Event Horizon".
>>
>>50762076
Would that actually help anything though, and how would they distribute the information far enough to make it worth it? Isn't inter-planetary communication in the 40K universe extremely slow, difficult, and inconsistent? It's not like every citizen of the Imperium can turn on IBC to hear breaking news about the Tau atrocity.
>>
Bonus points for a radical inquisitor deciding "Fuck it, fill the sector with daemons, the tau can eat a dick." and deliberately fucking the whole thing up.
>>
>>50761336
I did this exact thing for a campaign in dark heresy.

Though the starting reason why we all went under cover into the taught empire was to cause subterfuge in the human ranks and cause planet wide rebellions.

To make way for a imperial crusade fleet

After some time we found files about some sort of proto type device that would allow the tau into the warp.
>>
>>50763956
Why do you need ti broadcast to the entire imperium to make one planet rebel?
>>
>>50763844

4th post, best post.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.