[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tgesg/ - Elder Scrolls General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 352
Thread images: 41

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except for Vehk and Vehk

previous kalpa: >>50705254
>>
File: 1465382834223.jpg (381KB, 1024x978px) Image search: [Google]
1465382834223.jpg
381KB, 1024x978px
I'll begin with a few questions

Why did the Dwemer zap themselves out of existence but the Altmer want to zap EVERYONE out of existence? Also, why did the Dwemer feel the need to de-volve the Falmer so hard? I know it has something to do with their disappearance

And, the Dunmer are more Lorkhanic in the fact that they believe existing in Mundus is good because overcoming strife and all, is that what Azura's curse really was, taking them a step away from the "purity" of being aldmer and the metaphysical Aldmeris?
>>
>>50757566
>Why did the Dwemer zap themselves out of existence but the Altmer want to zap EVERYONE out of existence?
Because you don't understand shit about Dwemer and Altmer goals.
>>
>>50757566
>why did the Dwemer feel the need to de-volve the Falmer so hard?

There was some theory I liked thrown in here not long ago.

Skiyrim Dwemer need white soul gems to power their contraptions, so they were actually farming the Falmer for souls, but they had to devolve them to do so.
>>
>>50757600
thanks for that informative post
>>
>>50757307
Well, sort of. But not for those reasons. Alduin is the Anuic ploy to reset time before any Padomaic elements can achieve Amaranth. If Alduin wasn't around, the kalpa (well, there wouldn't even be kalpas) would just continue until someone did. The significance of stopping Alduin is that this possibility is now open.

>>50757409
>masturbating to muh glorious past and complaining about Numi wrecking their asses
That's entirely and singularly what the Thalmor is.

>>50757452
They're trying.

>>50757566
The Thalmor and the Dwemer basically want the same thing on separate ends of the Anuic/Padomaic spectrum. Dwemer want to become a god, Altmer want to go back to when they were all gods.

The Dwemer saw what they did to the Falmer as a mercy. This ties into the whole divinity through sensory deprivation angle.

Yes, you're spot on with the Azura thing.
>>
>>50757568
But Nerevarine's reachable power level in game is so much notably higher. I know that's more system related but feel like a guy who can be immune to literally everything a

>>50757566
Different goals, dwemer were turbo assholes. Probably yes.
>>
>>50757674
I'm not sure what happened there.

But I meant a guy who can be immune to anything and craft any power level of magic that he wishes would be the stronger one.
>>
>>50757623
The whole white/bacl soul thing is actually made up. Like the schools of magic. It's just a label.
>>
>>50757661
>Alduin is the Anuic ploy to reset time before any Padomaic elements can achieve Amaranth
Why not just leave it to the Thalmor then, since they were working on a much more permanent and long-term Anuic solution? Of course, Alduin winning does set Lorkhan's plan and the Arena's development towards Amaranth back, but it doesn't stop it, it just restarts it. And if you can't stop the guys who want to stop Lorkhan's vision forever, then isn't it better to restart and give the Padomaic another chance?
>>
>>50757674
>>50757703
I think the Nerevarine having more bullshit alchemy, enchanting, being able to jump over volcanos etc. is more of a game design thing, and not to be considered an accurate reflection of the difference in potential power between protagonists. Or I'm wrong, in which case the Nerevarine is far more powerful, of course.
>>
>>50757733
Yeah, thats why I said thats quite possibly more system related than actual power but TES is weird so it might not be.
>>
>>50757712
Because the Aedra don't have the agency or authority to care about that. The Thalmor or any political going-ons is so far below their level of possible interest that they can't do anything about it other than the times they are directly manipulated by mortals into doing so (see: the middle dawn).

They set their fail-safes up at Convention, past that there's no much they can do. The reason why Padomaic elements can more readily interact with the Mundus is because Lorkhan was sundered just so in the way that allows him to act as such (Shezarrines, Void Ghost, Heart of Lorkhan).

The Thalmor are, I think, largely unanticipated. But the options are never achieving it as long as the kalpic cycle continues, or at least having a chance and risking things like the Thalmor or Numidium.
>>
>>50757661
>That's entirely and singularly what the Thalmor is.
Not *that* past. I meant the whole high culture thing. Also, in late 3E they've become decadent, with degenerates like the Beautiful turning up.

Now that Altmer have only one way out of Mundus they've become determined and relentless, that's 100 times better.
>>
Does anyone have pic related with more resolution?

Thanks in advance
>>
File: 1398732780771.jpg (292KB, 1280x842px) Image search: [Google]
1398732780771.jpg
292KB, 1280x842px
>>50757814
>>
>>50757820
That was fast.

wow
>>
>>50757640
The Altmer don't want to destroy everything. Their plan is to set things back to the way they were before the material world was ever created. They want to make sure it never existed and that it never comes to exist again.
The Dwemer on the other hand likely intended for the entire universe to be destroyed, but this was prevented through the intervention of Nerevar and others.

All your other questions can only really be answered through assumption.
>>
File: s13.jpg (859KB, 2000x1316px) Image search: [Google]
s13.jpg
859KB, 2000x1316px
>>50757814
>>
>>50757827
fuck, thanks again
>>
>>50757825
>The Nerevarine sacrificed him/herself to stop the Numidium
Never forget.
>>
File: 6877476209.jpg (1MB, 5360x4232px) Image search: [Google]
6877476209.jpg
1MB, 5360x4232px
I wish Skyrim was more open vertically.
>>
>>50757787
The Thalmor aren't a political threat, they're a metaphysical threat every bit as bad and real as Dagoth Ur ever was. I doubt they're unanticipated as well, since everything in the Arena is merely another layer of the same conflict, where Stasis and Chaos can battle it out in every shape and form. At the very least Lorkhan was completely aware that a scheme like the Thalmor's would likely take place.
>>
>>50757948
Yeah, you're right. And they're just another part of the conspiracy that stretches back to the dawn through innumerable kalpas.

But that doesn't mean the gods are just going to come down and stop it. At the most, an aspect or avatar will intervene in some manner.

Because that's the Endeavour.
>>
>>50757825
I think we all keep forgetting that the Dwemer were not united under a single goal. Wasn't it pretty much just Kagrenac and his cronies who were doing the universe-ending stuff?

I remember reading somewhere that Dumac wouldn't really be for that, but I can't recall my source, so take that as you will.
>>
>>50757974
Dumac was friends with Nervear and not a total xenophobe. Take that as you will.
>>
I like Morrowing
>>
>>50757974
Yes, you're right. When I'm referring to 'Dwemer' and 'Altmer' I'm more just making a generalization. Obviously not all members of the race were working towards or supported these goals.
>>
>>50757973
>And they're just another part of the conspiracy that stretches back to the dawn through innumerable kalpas.
Are you saying that the Thalmor are uh, interkalpic?
>>
Why are people still talking in the other thread?

The LDB will have nothing more to do with the next game than the Nerverarine had to do with Oblivion or the CoC with Skyrim.
>>
Assume for a moment the LDB doesn't get dragonbroke or vanished after Skyrim's events, that they stick around and stay active. What do you think are some interesting ideas for what could happen with them afterwards, depending on the in-game variables?

Like, for example. If the LDB is an Imperial, and served as a vital figure in the reunification of Skyrim, could they return to Cyrodiil and spin their deeds and prestige into a claim to the throne, asserting a right based on their dragonborn heritage?

Would a dunmer LDB return to Morrowind and rebuild? If the LDB was argonian, what would the Hist think of that, and what would they do about it?

If you wanted to set a game after Skyrim's events, as you probably would with most groups with people who got into the setting with that, it'd be an important question to answer, and you could get some plot hooks out of it.
>>
>>50758421
Not the Thalmor themselves, just the events that have lead up to them (and their formation). Nu-Hatta's "dawntime conspiracy."

Well, even then, you have the Aldmeri formwars where they were "as glorious dreugh."
>>
>>50758428
>The LDB will have nothing more to do with the next game than the Nerverarine had to do with Oblivion or the CoC with Skyrim.
Literally nobody has suggested the Dragonborn would be part of the next game.
>>
>>50758470
Yeah, but people in the previous thread were kinda like, "Yeah the LDB could solo the Thalmor, why shouldn't he?"
>>
>>50758432
Get assassinated by the Thalmor eventually, especially if they tried to take the Ruby Throne.

Also i don't think the Hist get much of a say in the Argonian Dragonborn. One assumes that Akatosh would have essentially jacked an argonain from their control in that case.
>>
>>50758497
What do they call assimilated Argonians again? There's a term for it.
>>
>>50758432
He'd just play chess in Apocrypha for all eternity.

>>50758470
No, but someone suggested that the Dragonborn, a genderless, raceless, characterless entity with no real compelling elements somehow defeat the Thalmor in the lore, which would somehow be even worse writing than the Great War itself.

Really, the heroes should always step out of history after their story is over. Their player-determined nature makes them terrible characters.

>>50758514
Lukiul.
>>
>>50758496
"People" were probably me, and misrepresenting my arguments for the possibility of further Dragonborn involvement in the world post-Skyrim just because you don't actually have any arguments that conclusively refute that possibility, is just plain dishonest. I mean. chill bro, we're just talking about potential plot stuff in a game series.
>>
>>50758577
Eh, huh? It's not a big deal to speculate about these things, but it is conclusively refuted.

As long as it's acknowledged that it won't happen, talking about it or what your character would do is fine, even if it's basically just fanfiction at that point.

The answer to what the LDB will do after Skyrim is: whatever your character would do.
>>
>>50758621
>but it is conclusively refuted
Nigger how. That prophesy? It didn't even mention Miraak, and yet the Dragonborn still fucked him up.
>>
>>50758650
What do you mean?

The reason Bethesda won't do anything more with the LDB, like they didn't do anything more with the CoC or Nerevarine is for the purpose of not infringing upon the players. This is why the main character always vanishes after their game. This is reflected in the metaphysical concept of the Prisoner-Hero, summed up in that quote by Zurin, and is part of the wacky post-modernist aspect of Morrowind.
>>
>>50758621
>The answer to what the LDB will do after Skyrim is: whatever your character would do.
Every TES game aside from arguably Arena disproves that thought.
>>
>>50758706
Please elaborate. I'm not saying "your character IS the canonical choice, and wherever they did is canon!" I'm saying Bethesda simply won't confirm or deny most things. Of course some of it will be, like "they stopped Dagon" or whatever.
>>
>>50758739
whatever they did*
>>
>>50758693
I trust Bethesda to stay completely true to the Hero vanishing without further involvement about as much as I trust Todd Howard.
>>
>>50758818
So you have complete faith
>>
>>50758818
Why? Every single game in the franchise follows that formula.
>>
File: kHjHQxT.jpg (8KB, 195x256px) Image search: [Google]
kHjHQxT.jpg
8KB, 195x256px
>>50758912
I want to believe.
>>50758951
No other game has ended with the presence of an even worse enemy quite possibly on the verge of complete victory, either. Isn't the Dragonborn the first Shezzarine PC as well?
>>
>>50759062
>No other game has ended with the presence of an even worse enemy quite possibly on the verge of complete victory
That's completely irrelevant. For the record, though, the Oblivion Crisis is foreshadowed heavily in Morrowind. It's only a few years later too.

>Isn't the Dragonborn the first Shezzarine PC as well?
No, there's nothing to indicate this.
>>
>>50758428
But the CoC is in Skyrim. Kinda.
>>
>>50759173
But not as the CoC, and it's still vague.
>>
>>50759143
>the Oblivion Crisis is foreshadowed heavily in Morrowind
It is? I don't remember that.
>>
>>50759194
Yeah, once in Bloodmoon and once in Tribunal.

>When the dragon dies, the Empire dies.
>Where is the lost dragon's blood, the Empire's sire?
>And from the womb of the void, who shall stem the blood tide?
>So long as the Blood of the Dragon Prince runs strong in her rulers, the glory of the >Empire shall extend in unbroken years.
>His heart's blood bleeds in darkness
>For once the portals are opened, who shall shut them upon the rising tide?
>For Lord Dagon forever reborn in blood and fire from the waters of Oblivion.
>Find him... and close shut the marble jaws of Oblivion.

>We realize that the end of the era will bring many changes. We believe that the gates of Oblivion will open, and the multitude of daedra will roam this world freely. Some might tell you that this is a good thing, that we are descended from the daedra and it will be a return to the natural order of things. I know differently, though. The coming age will be a time of great horror.
>>
>>50759194
A lot of things are foreshadowed in morrowind, the crisis was just one of them and turned out to be the "correct" one.
>>
>>50759243
Yeah, but that's >>50759240 pretty fucking explicit.
>>
>>50759243
>tfw oblivion completely threw out all the stuff about the emperor's sons being clones and the absolute political shit show that was going to go down once the emperor died
>>
>>50759309
There's always the Province Cyrodiil mod.
>>
>>50759240
I never knew about that first one, and I guess I never paid attention to or connected the dots with the second.
>>
>>50757997
Nerevar also ate Dumac's heart if varieties of faith is to be believed
>>
File: 1479841630026.gif (811KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1479841630026.gif
811KB, 500x280px
>>50759434
How do I not remember this?
>>
>>50759467
Because too much fucking unreliable lore everywhere.
>>
>>50759489
Unreliable?

That's a big plus.

I just figured I'd remember something as crazy as that.
>>
>>50759434
For what reason?
>>
>>50759749
Just felt a bit peckish.
>>
File: Fire Archon.jpg (154KB, 650x919px) Image search: [Google]
Fire Archon.jpg
154KB, 650x919px
So has anyone made any monster stats for uesrpg?

If anything an ETA for when that and conjuration is coming out would be nice.
>>
>>50760081
We're working on both of those things as fast as possible. I'm hoping to have it out within a month or two, or less if we really go hard.
>>
>>50757706
No it is not. One could argue that the diference between Petty and Grand soulgems is purely game mechanics, but you can't soultrap man or mer in white soulgems no matter how big the gem is.
On top of that, in oblivion there is a whole process to "corrupt" white soulgems into black ones, so that there is a difference is undeniable.
>>
>>50760112

Well in the meantime, since game is starting pretty quickly, is there a "quick build" type of thing I could do? Like a baseline stat block i could just adjust? I know most of the monsters in TES and could make something up for their abilities (Like Trolls HP regen, +1d4 HP per round or something unless damaged by fire)

As far as I can tell, having a baseline of 50 TN for an average encounter's combat stats seems alright, since most pc's will be in the 40-60 range.
>>
>>50760251
That's not unreasonable. One of our guys actually did a test Troll profile. Let me go find it for you.
>>
>>50760081
What's your favourite monster?
>>
File: LichNamedSlickback.png (998KB, 1018x703px) Image search: [Google]
LichNamedSlickback.png
998KB, 1018x703px
>>50760509

I'm a big fan of atronachs. Hence why im super excited for conjuration to come out lol.
>>
File: TrollTest.jpg (346KB, 1493x1998px) Image search: [Google]
TrollTest.jpg
346KB, 1493x1998px
>>50760251
kk, just found it. It's a picture of his notebook, but it's fairly legible.
>>
>>50760681

Legit.

Thanks much, Seht! And good luck on finishing up the next book, I'll be waiting.
>>
>>50759062
Delusion is a powerful thing.
>>
>>50760709
No problem. For reference, the values in parenthesis next to the skill TNs are the TNs for those skills when it frenzies.

This beast apparently gave a 5 man 2500 party some trouble. A few wounds, one guy close to death.
>>
>>50757600
> i dont understand this

> thats because you dont understand it

Good post, retard
>>
File: 1481329076503.jpg (160KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1481329076503.jpg
160KB, 1024x768px
Posting this here, it's the list of players/GMs for UESRPG. It can also be found in the Discord under the l4g tab.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c5YmJ9yGbxinK2PI2hrnb71AjflnGL7dRuyBOUuwwbI/edit#gid=0
>>
>>50761095
>no one in my time zone
>only one close
>>
File: image.jpg (374KB, 564x749px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
374KB, 564x749px
>>50760681
Ayyyylmao

Honestly for now, most NPC profiles are easily used straight out of 2nd ed, you'll just have some book keeping with translating the new values of things. Like the stat lines are workable but you'll have to do some derivative stat recalulation on your end, plus taking the nearest equivalent arms and armour from the new armoury.

It sounds daunting but isn't too much work. We're working on developing the Inhabitants book as we speak. I can send some Goblin notes I ran a few sessions back if you're interested
>>
>>50761095
>pst
>cst
>est
>ets
>>
>>50760115
>On top of that, in oblivion there is a whole process to "corrupt" white soulgems into black ones, so that there is a difference is undeniable.
Isn't it when Mannimarco eclipses Arkay?
>>
>>50757733
>is more of a game design thing
When Vivec shows Nerevar a Redguard glitch I don't think there's a real difference.
>>
>>50757787
>and risking things like the Thalmor or Numidium.
I thought Numidium was a good guy, crushed a false prophet and everything.
>>
>>50762133
Precisely
>>
>>50762167
So you read the Prophet of Landfall but not C0DA?
>>
>>50762271
>So you read the Prophet of Landfall but not C0DA?
Yes.
>>
>>50758452
This is 2deep4me. I've only read a little about the dreugh, and nothing about the Nu-Hatta.
>>
File: SR-concept-6877577027[1].jpg (762KB, 889x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SR-concept-6877577027[1].jpg
762KB, 889x1024px
>>50757897

What a shame the actual game didn't live up to the concept art.

There were so many awesome things in Adamowicz's art too. The floating sacrificial rocks, the massive overland nordic ruins, the other Dwemer armor designs, the unusual trap designs... Ah, what could have been.
>>
File: 6877470245.jpg (576KB, 1902x1845px) Image search: [Google]
6877470245.jpg
576KB, 1902x1845px
>>50763401
Concept art in games is always fun to browse.
Yeah there's the "what could have been", but then there's the "oh hey I know what that is!"
>>
>>50763958
>hey
>lets make the coolest house in the game
>and its just an inn
>>
>>50763995
Now it's the coolest inn in the game. Especially with the snow.
>>
>>50757547
What are dragon shouts? I dont get them. The more I play skyrim the more I dont get them. Like, magic works by using the stuff of aetherius to effect Nirn, but how do dragon shouts work? So are the effects of the shout a "tower" for the "stone" which is the concept used in the Thumm? What makes it all work? Help my lore junkies! your my only hope!
>>
>>50764222
The Thu'um is a form of tonal magic. Rather than traditional forms of magic based on magicka bled through the holes Magnus and his Get tore into Aetherius, tonal magic is a direct manipulation of the Aurbis. In the case of the Thu'um, it is imposing the will of the Tongue onto the Aurbis (THERE IS FIRE HERE NOW, etc).

Other forms of tonal magic are tonal architecture and the Shehai Shen She Ru, belonging to the Dwemer and Yokudans respectively.
>>
>>50764306
So the Nords, Redguard, and Dwemer are the ones who can be said to know Aurbis the best?
>>
>>50764306
But then why restrict the Thu'um to one language? is this a game constraint or is it something to do with the words themselves?

Thank you for responding, I'll look up those references. ^_^
>>
>>50764326
Only via their manipulation of it, which is cultural and learned. So when a Tongue uses the Thu'um, he's not more aware of his station in the Aurbis anymore than he knows how to manipulate it in the way he was taught - which, in this case, would be the shout.

Does that make sense?
>>
>>50764356
>But then why restrict the violin to one shape?
Nord is the percussion section, Dwemer the brass, and Redguards the woodwinds.
>>
>>50764356
On a technical level, nothing, I think. It's both tradition and function that it's spoken in Dovahzul. The dragons are the original users of it and the ones who taught men how to use it (according to some, other times it's Kyne who does it). This also dies into the dragons super high drive to dominate, and impose his will.

So, it might be possible to do it in another language, but it's not traditionally done that way, and would probably be harder to do. The Akaviri were said to have an ability that I forget the name of that sort of seems like the Thu'um.
>>
>>50764374
No like, in the games, the thu'um is only ever done in dragonspeak. So can you shout in english, or is there something specific about dragonspeak that lets it invoc the Thu'um?
>>
>>50764356
Oh, and yeah, this is partially a game constraint.

The Thu'um would be a lot more powerful than you see in the games as well.
>>
>>50764422
I wonder if it would be possible to string longer thu'ums together? lol, I feel like you folks have already had this conversation
>>
>>50764356
The Thu'um is restricted to one language because it is the language of the dragons. Those who are not Dov, or Dovahkiin are essentially parrots mimicking the sounds back, they have no actual understanding of why the Thu'um works.
>>
>>50764440
I actually hadn't thought of that. Yeah, that's probably something an advanced user could do. Dragonrend was invented, after all.
>>
>>50764466
>they have no actual understanding of why the Thu'um works
I think they know, they just can't make new Thu'um. Didn't Paarthuurnaax invent dragonrend?
>>
>>50764440
I'm pretty sure everyone with any authority has said that shouts are all three words long.
>>50764472
Invented is a strong word. All the words for the shout existed already in the dragon language, they just weren't used as a shout because using the Thu'um requires you to fully understand the words you are using, and dragons don't truly get the concepts Dragonrend weaponizes against dragons.
>>50764503
No. He's a dragon, so he can't do it.
>>
>>50764503
Nope, that was Nords. He goes on about how only a human could understand it because of the context.
>>
>>50764503
I always assumed he did, and then he either deliberately tried to forget it existed or he couldn't hold onto its meaning longer than he had to otherwise it would injure/destroy him. I figured that's why he looked so old when dragons are suppose to be ageless.
>>
>>50764539
I think your wrong on this one. I remember him saying he couldn't teach because he couldn't understand it. If i was him I dont think I'd want to understand it. Its a kind of weaponized existentialism you know?
>>
>>50764577
Fair enough, I'll admit that I haven't played the main quest for Skyrim since 2011 and that you're probably right on this.
>>
>>50764602
Yeah, that;s why you need the Elder Scrolls to look back in time. Conceptually, that was a cool scene.
>>
File: 1433737135054.jpg (213KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1433737135054.jpg
213KB, 1000x1333px
I'm going to take another shot at playing Daggerfall. Any advice, or just cool shit I should make sure to try and find?
>>
>>50764644
Take out a loan, never return to that region.
>>
>>50764466
I wonder the how the understanding comes into play? THey always make a point that to use a Thu'um you need to perfectly understand the concept its envocing. I find it fits well with the CHIM motif of a tower and a stone. If you link that back to the tonal architecture idea then the stone is a "note" and the tower is its invocation.
>>
>>50764644
Min-max your custom class to all hell, take weakness to stuff your race is immune to. Make sure to get spell absorption and immunity to paralysis. Ban everything that you won't use, but make sure plate armor isn't one of those. If you're going to do even some minor magic pick up increased magic (magery).

And one final tip, you can set the game so that it's mouse look in the pause screen. I've heard of people actually missing that.
>>
>>50764726
Tonal magic is along the same lines as CHIM; not directly related, but conceptually not to dissimilar.

There's a reason Talos could Shout (well, why Wulf could), and why he uses it in combination with CHIM to transform Cyrodiil, according to the orthodox account.
>>
>>50764760
Talos, Ysmir, and Wulf can shout, Hjalti, Septim, and Zurin can't, imo, at least when Zurin isn't Arnand.
>>
>>50764726
I sorta meant that in that they didn't understand why the Thu'um worked, not the specific words. Like sure they need to understand fire and every aspect of what fire means to breathe it, but they don't understand why shouting itself works that's the part that I was saying they're mimicking.

To use a music analogy a Non-Dov Thu'um user is a pianist, they understand that when you hit the keys you get a specific tone, but they don't understand how the piano is made or how the music is composed (just in this example, most real musicians understand composition). They just understand how that when you hit this key you get this sound.
>>
>>50764829
Yes, that's about right. Not sure if Arnand could, though.
>>
File: thomas.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
thomas.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>
File: SR-place-Dushnikh_Yal.jpg (336KB, 1163x872px) Image search: [Google]
SR-place-Dushnikh_Yal.jpg
336KB, 1163x872px
I remember one anon in the last thread saying Orc Strongholds were a bad direction for Orc lore, citing Morrowind and Oblivion as good for Orc lore, but Skyrim hurting it.
Can you explain points in Morrowind and Oblivion where Orc lore is expanded upon? Can someone explain Orc tribes to me? And how tribes tie into or are different from Orc Strongholds? What is your favorite piece of Orc lore?
>>
>>50764866
Ah! ok, yeah, that makes sense. you make a good point! That might be the difference between dwarven tonal architecture and the thu'um then? Like, both make "music" on a piano but dwarvens are actively trying to figure out how the piano works so they can build harpsichords and sick electric guitars
>>
>>50765531
Just overall, Morrowind is where the Orsimer became playable for the first time. They were enemies in Daggerfall, but this was also a plot point.

So everything about Malacath, Boethiah, and the Orsimer origin story is from Morrowind.
>>
>>50765753
Yup. As the name would suggest, Dwemeri tonal architecture is more precise. It's why their machines continue to work and their weapons don't rust.
>>
>>50765753
I'm listening to Hash Pipe on pandora while reading this and all I can think of is an 80's style band ascension to the heavens with the dwemer rocking out.
>>
>>50765806
>Tamriel. Starry Heart. That whole fucking thing is a song. It was made either out of 12 planets, or from two brothers that split in the womb. Either way, it's the primal wail and those that grew up on it - they can't help but hear it, and add to it, or try to control it, or run from it. The reason there IS music on Tamriel at ALL is because it exists. It was and is and it will not stop.

>There are repeats in it; plays on a tune. Variations. And most likely Magnus? (He's the one that made the fucker, and now that's why he looks back on it, every single day, that's his promise.

>"When you wake up, I will still listen. I'm sorry I left, but hey, I'm still right up here. And my mnemoli? They show up every now and then, and collect all the songs you've made since the last time around. The last real moment."
>>
>>50765859
Yes.
>>
>If the Ayleids made their own Wheel within the Wheel, were-web aad semblio, what would happen if they plucked its strings?

>Sunder is a enchanted hammer to strike the heart and produce the exact volume and quality of power desired. Keening is an enchanted blade that is used to flay and focus the power that rises from the heart.

>I AM THE SHARMAT
>I AM OLDER THAN MUSIC

"Then Wulfharth said: "Don't you see where you really are? Don't you know who Shor really is? Don't you know what this war is?" And they looked from the King to the God to the Devils and Orcs, and some knew, really knew, and they are the ones that stayed."
>>
>>50765804
I dont even want to go that far. I think its more along the lines of the dwemer wanted to science the shit out of mundas to figure out how it all worked and the nords and dragons hadent. Like, you aren't necessarily a better Artist just because you've studied the chemistry of the paints you use, but, you do now how to get exactly the hue you want. I guess what im saying is that I feel like the dwarves developed precise methods in service of tonal architecture not as a goal of tonal architecture. Maybe you're also making the same point as I am and if you are I'm sorry.
>>
>>50765995
Oh, I think you're completely right.
>>
File: s12.jpg (1MB, 2000x1307px) Image search: [Google]
s12.jpg
1MB, 2000x1307px
>>
File: 1432874853786.jpg (185KB, 291x984px) Image search: [Google]
1432874853786.jpg
185KB, 291x984px
>>50765531
Only thing I can think of that makes it bad is that it shoves out the communities of Nords that were also supposed to be in Skyrim, living in very traditional ways.
>>
>>50765995
I disagree with at least one part of this, the Dov had some understanding about the piano and the composition (which are really the same thing now that I've spent an hour thinking about my analogy). I mean they're just shards of Aka just like the Dovahkiin which inclines me to believe that on some fundamental level they understand why the Thu'um works.
>>
>>50766095
I don't know what most of this is
>>
And now I've just had the dumbest realization, the Tools of Kagrenac are based on the different Tonal Magics. Sunder is the Thu'um condensed into a physical object, and they have known of the Thu'um for a very long time.

Keening is the Shehai but not quite since the Dwemer never meet the Redguards, but it still works on the same principles. They never meet but still the Shehai probably echoes through the song and the Dwemer studying the song probably noticed and replicated it.

Denial is the way that Dwemer Tonal Architecture works, so of course the Wraithguard is the purest expression of that Denial. It Denies that there are consequences from using the Tools, it Denies that you are wounded by holding the tools.

How the fuck didn't I see this before, I feel blind.
>>
>>50766478
Well the thing in the lower-right is actually labelled, Numidium. You could argue most of the rest are other variations on Walk-Brass.

I'm fairly certain the woman's face is that of Vivec, though it's only a guess since her hair looks almost flame-like.
>>
>>50766742
I knew about Numidium, the rest escape me though
>>
>>50757948
>The Thalmor aren't a political threat, they're a metaphysical threat every bit as bad and real as Dagoth Ur ever was.
PFFT HAHAHAHAHAHA
Oh jeez. Wew....
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OOOH
Ha...yeah....no.
Dagoth actually got close to his endgame, shit he'd started moving his last proverbial chess-pieces to checkmate. The thalmor aren't even close to that stage. They have the benefit of fateful heroes and oblivion hordes shutting down a few towers, but they've only damaged one by themselves (white gold). And there's still a bunch more, a couple in areas they have zero foothold. For them to get to Dagoth Ur's level, there'd need to be one tower left, with them only a week or two from eliminating it as an issue. And that's assuming they have a head start making talos as a concept go byebye, and eliminating mankind, which is not at all something they've come close to making headway in.
So no, despite their lofty goals, the thalmor are no different than your stereotypical altmer: arrogant condescending fuccboi's with delusions of grandeur.
>>
>>50758818
>not having faith in Todd "Savior of gaming" "free console mods" Howard, and his trusty teams of saintly devs
You poor man.
>>
>>50766492

Here's your complimentary Moth priest eye bandana and slippers
>>
>>50767092
>Todd "fucked over the modding scene to make a quick buck shitting out a halfassed re-release of a five year old game" Howard
>>
>>50767297
Who hurt you anon?
It was not Todd who hurt you. He did not reach down and strike you. It was His children, the words of His children, and the actions of His children, perhaps. Do not forsake our holy Father for the misdeeds of His children, anon. Come now, and join us in prayer, so you may one day join us atop His Mountain in the afterlife.
>>
File: SongofPelinalconcept1.png (312KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
SongofPelinalconcept1.png
312KB, 500x320px
Pelinal Whitestrake is resurrected when the Thalmor start fucking shit up.

How many elves does it take to keep him down?
>>
>>50763995
Which inn?
>>
>>50766492
Holy shit
>>
>>50767947
candlehearth hall in windhelm
>>
>>50767947
The coolest.
>>
>>50763995
Not even that - aside from the Winking Skeever, it's the only inn with any real variety in design. The Winking Skeever isn't bad, but it just feels really ornate.
>>
>>50768125
Well, I have to agree, >>50768138, it's indeed the coolest inn.
>>
>>50762150
Wot ? Care to explain this ?
>>
File: mwbks_tslov_spiked_water[1].jpg (12KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
mwbks_tslov_spiked_water[1].jpg
12KB, 320x240px
>>50768578
>They walked farther and saw the spiked waters at the edge of the map. Here the spirit of limitation gifted them with a spoke and bade them find the rest of the wheel.
>The Hortator said, 'The edge of the world is made of swords.'
>Vivec corrected him. 'They are the bottom row of the world's teeth.'

>36 Lessons of Vivec, Sermon 17
>>
>>50768629
Shit that's awesome, it piss me off that I never understand what the fuck does Vivec means in his lessons because I'm a dirty casual
>>
File: 1329984515333.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1329984515333.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
>>50767594
that's the next Elderscrolls

you are the Pelinal
>>
>>50767594
>How many elves does it take to keep him down?
All of them, plus one more.
>>
>>50765950
>"Then Wulfharth said: "Don't you see where you really are? Don't you know who Shor really is? Don't you know what this war is?"
I'm super-dense so I don't get this.
>>
>>50767297
>fucked over the modding scene
I thought all the serious modders stayed with Morrowind.
>>
File: 1472379206679.jpg (315KB, 700x914px) Image search: [Google]
1472379206679.jpg
315KB, 700x914px
>the new elder scrolls is here
>you start the game
>all you see is darkness at first
>then you hear the sound of fire crackling
>then the sound of steam
>you open your eyes, you are encased in ice and some mages are trying to get you out
>your face is freed first, one of the mages shouts dragonborn we have found you again! we have been searching for you for the last 70 years
>the other mage hands you a mirror and asks if you see anything damaged
>cue character creation while the mages free the rest of your body
>>
>>50768976
And then I proceed to make a character that's not the Dragonborn because the mages were mistaken, right?
>>
>>50768976
let me guess, your main stat would be airbending?
>>
>>50769020
no
you start the game already knowing unrelenting force
>>
>>50764644
Shield spells do not have a time limit.
>>
>>50768875
Pretty much.
>>
>>50768976
But I don't want to play some retard so dense that he managed to freeze himself. Does he not know how ice works?
>>
>>50768976
That's dumb as fuck.
>>
>>50768976
eww
>>
>>50768976
>you start the game
>then you hear the sound of people shouting
>the sound of sand moving
>you see light coming some wooden planks
>there is sand all around you
>someone smashes through the planks and pulls you out
>you were in a secret thalmor prisoner transport deep in the hammerfell deserts that got buried in some strange magical storm
>cue character creation

HOON DING BITCH
>>
>>50767594
Who're those dudes in the background?
>>
>>50770100
Monsters
>>
>>50767594
>>50768702
>you start the game
>then slowly the camera pans out, the infinite expanse of Aetherius above you becoming clear
>the sound of sand billowing, rich with moon sugar
>you see a single red polyhedron shimmering in the gloom beyond, in the mist-like darkness
>you slowly approach it, whispers of phrases from various rulers and historians throughout the eras
>you reach the source of the light, a geometrically distorted and impossible red diamond, and reach out to grasp it
>as you make contact, a voice addresses you bitterly in the Ayleid tongue, words you cannot understand, and the heavens above you begin to crack
>you awaken with a start in a dingy, courtyard cell in some fortress, kicked awake by a guard for some registration process or another
>while he goes through it, the moons hang full above him, and for just a moment, you swear you see a third moon
>cue character creation
>>
File: Yagrum.png (122KB, 456x460px) Image search: [Google]
Yagrum.png
122KB, 456x460px
>it's even shittier than Skyrim
>>
>>50771260
>it's console exclusive
>>
>>50771310
>All mods are pay 2use
>>
>>50772121
>>50771310
STAHP
>>
I only played skyrim, how dwarves disappeared? Where did they go? Is Talos a real god?
>>
File: ESO bait.png (23KB, 400x227px) Image search: [Google]
ESO bait.png
23KB, 400x227px
>>50772595
>>
>>50772699
I'm serious tho. I read most books I found in game, I like the lore, but never played the old games
>>
>>50772595
>how dwarves disappeared
The full explanation requires some understanding of the setting's metaphysics, but the short of it is that they got consumed by their own creation, the Numidium.

>Where did they go?
Mostly into the Numidium.

>Is Talos a real god?
Yeah, sure. Lots of things are gods.

>>50772699
Rude.
>>
>>50772728
Do it then. There're several quests in MW touching on this subject.
>>
>>50772737
>they got consumed by their own creation, the Numidium.
I thought it had something to do with the 3 tools they created
>>
>>50773138
That's how.
>>
>>50768856
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Kalpa
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dawn_Era
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/shor-son-shor-full
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/enantiomorph
>>
>>50773138
They used the tools to try and create an artificial god of sorts. It backfired and they were destroyed.
>>
>>50771310
DELETE THIS
>>
Dwemers were so fucking based
>>
>>50773322
they ruined everything for everyone
>>
>>50773839
>they ruined everything for everyone
no, and they did what they did for the greater good
>>
>>50773839
NO
>>
>>50773868
It specifically isn't. Even they wouldn't say it was.
>>
>>50773868
>>50773899
Dwemer apologists please go.
>>
File: no.png (131KB, 273x309px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
131KB, 273x309px
>>50773918
>>
>>50773322
No, they were actually the fucking worst. Even Altmer have a better metaphysical role.
>>
>>50773978
>role
There are no "roles", stop believing in lies
>>
>>50773998
Of course there's roles, Anon.
What you believe, what you do, and what you are are all aspect of the same core concept.
>>
>>50773292
It didn't backfire. The anticreation of the Dwemer was essential to the creation of the Numidium.
>>
>There are people IN THIS THREAD who didn't understand Dwemers' master plan yet
>>
>>50774192
>Get me, Cyrodiil? When will you wake up and realize what really happened to the Dwarves?"
That's one of my favorite lines.
>>
What Daedra would you worship, if you lived in Tamriel?
>>
>>50774420
Well, Peryite, of course
>>
>>50774420
Azura, the others would get me killed sooner or later
>>
>>50774420
either Hermaeus Mora or Peryite
>>
>>50774430
>>50774490
Why Peryite? It seems so wathever to me...
>>
>>50774508
He is the pus in the wound.
>>
>>50774420
Sanguine, because I'm fucked either way.
>>
>>50774490
How exactly would one worship either of those daedra?
>>
>>50774420
Hircine so i could have religious reasons to live innawoods.
>>
>>50774508
he's the taskmaster and I like tasks
t. Breton
>>
>>50774490
>Hermaeus Mora
Are you crazy? Mora would fuck you hard, can't trust those tentacles
>>
File: ough.png (102KB, 321x326px) Image search: [Google]
ough.png
102KB, 321x326px
>>50774722
>Mora would fuck you hard
that's exactly what I want ;)
>>
>>50767594
Never played Knights of the Nine. Why is Pelinal such a meme?
>>
>>50774722
no, but the tentacles would "thrust" him hard.
>>
Have you prayed at the Temple of Kynareth in Daggerfall lately?
>>
>>50774757
of course not, I worked at the Resolution of Zenithar
>>
>>50774743
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Song_of_Pelinal
Read this
>>
>>50774736
>>50774756
And then some people say Sanguine's worshippers are the degenerates...
>>
>>50774757
No, I was burdened with the task of dealing preemptive violence to a foul lich with the Maran Knights.
>>
>>50774736
Sauce?
>>
>>50774508
Behead those who insult Pus the Magic Dragon
>>
>>50774980
go be new somewhere else
>>
>>50775122
>go be new somewhere else
b-but I want to be new here :/
>>
>>50774462
>implying Azura wouldn't kill you in an instant if it were convenient or if you fucked up in the slightest
>>
>>50775408
She knows the future, how could you fuck things up? Also, the probability of she killing her followers is lower than for the other daedra
>>
>>50775467
>She knows the future
That's what she wants you to think. She says a "prophecy" either so vague it has to come true, or manipulates people until it comes true. If she could really see the future she wouldn't constantly get her shit jacked or have been given the Muatra by Vivec
>>
>>50775526
well, at least she is nice and polite...
>>
>>50774420
Meridia of course.
>>
>>50775408
>implying she kills anyone besides traitors and fuckup scrubs
>>
>>50775662
>Meridia
She is so annoying in Skyrim, I hate her
>>
>>50775662
Is a worshipper of Meridia basically a zombie slayer or are there other roles to fulfill?
>>
>>50775687
She just really wants to have her temple purified.

>>50775702
That seems to be pretty much it.
>>
>>50775662
>wanting to serve a bitch who backed one of the Elf kings who enslaved early man and tried to put down their rebellion

Meridia fags are the worst.
>>
>>50776113
Wait what?! She really did this? Sauce?
>>
>>50776113
>being a manfag
>not liking nitghttime tigersport
Those children got what they deserved.
>>
>>50776135
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Umaril_the_Unfeathered_(person)
>>
>>50776194
but why?
>>
>>50776266
If you have to ask why, you're either too dumb or completely uneducated about daedric princes in general to get that Princes do whatever the fuck they want for their own reasons and mortal labels of good and evil are all entirely inapplicable to the Princes themselves as they're far beyond those puny concepts.
>>
>>50776356
>Because reasons
but what reasons? I know concepts like evil/good don't apply to them, but why would she back up this guy?
>>
>>50774420
None, I wouldn't be some heathen Daedra worshiper. I answer only to Kynareth, King Gothryd and Lord Bridwell.
>>
>>50776377
because she wanted to. That's all we fucking know.
>>
>>50776389
>I wouldn't be some heathen Daedra worshiper
pussy
>>
>>50776266
Reverence, attention, worship.
>>
>>50776407
>>50776377
They're related.
>>
>>50758497
>Dragonborn
>assassinated
>by the Thalmor
top kek
It isn't easy to kill a god, so random banana assassin can try but he will not succeed
>>
>>50776429
Using an army as an assassination tool still counts as assassination if it's for a demigod.

Also
>eventually
>>
>>50776429
>implying the thalmor haven't done that before
>>
The thalmor are a joke tho, very overrated
>>
OOGA BOOGA WERE THE NORD WOMEN AT
>>
I found this today on FB and was immediately suspicious. What are y'all's thoughts? How bad did they fuck up? Why don't normies care?
>>
>>50777076
http://www.therichest.com/world-entertainment/15-things-you-didnt-know-about-the-gods-of-skyrim/?utm_source=TR-FB-B&utm_medium=Facebook-Distribution&utm_campaign=TR-FB-B&view=list

Sorry. i fucked up.
>>
>>50777076
>>50777097
Let me just transcribe that:
>15 Things You Didn’t Know About The Gods Of Skyrim:

>There are eleven (well-known) divines you could worship
>Each god is a patron deity to their own people and each has benefits if you worship them

>The Dunmer worship no gods
>The Dunmer have two religions that they historically prescribe to: the Tribunal Temple and the Ashlanders

>Why the Thalmor loathe Talos
>The Thalmor have a goal of immortality by undoing creation and they believe that Tiber Septim has restricted them

>Stormcloaks: Protecting religious freedom under the guise of intolerance
>Talos is worshipped by Nords, so when Ulfric fought the Empire, he requited those that had motives for obtaining religious freedom

>The Daedra are not gods
>They were quite omnipotent and terrifying and plenty of people worship them, but they are not gods

That wasn't even 15 things, and it's mostly just bullshit.
>>
>>50777383
Oh wait, there's an article below the video.
>>
I really wish you didn't make me read this, it's horrible.

So, here's the fucking article so far:

>the Skyrim universe
Fuck off.
These are the kind of people who are waiting for Skryim 2.

>15. There Are Eleven (Well-Known) Divines You Could Worship
They list Alduin and Shor as Divines.

>14. The Pantheons of Tamriel
They claim that the Altmer worship Lorkhan.

>13. The Nine Divines and Their Origin in Slavery
Says Talos is the head of the Imperial pantheon, and that Alessia created the Eight Divines to mend the wounds and bring Nords and Ayleids closer together.

>12. The Dunmer Worship No Gods
They obviously do. The article further claims that the Dunmer historically worship the Tribunal Temple ("a group of all powerful and slightly mystical beings") and Ashlanders. As for Daedra: "Dunmer don’t really worship the Daedra".

>11. Echoes of the Dead Nordic Gods Still Last Today
Here they claim that the "gods of Skyrim" can be traced back to real world Nordic gods. So Shor=Odin, Mara=Frigg, Kyne=Freya, and they couldn't be bothered to point out any others.
>>
>>50776825
Damn Dunmer...
>>
>>50777383
>The Thalmor have a goal of immortality by undoing creation
this is true, isn't it?
>>
>>50774420
Jygallag.
>>
File: 0LYmhTO (1).jpg (377KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
0LYmhTO (1).jpg
377KB, 1280x640px
>>50777608
that article was pain
>>
>>50777608
>10. Religion Sparked the War That Changed Skyrim
"Many of the greatest conflicts in the Oblivion games are based in religion".
"The Great War between the Aldmeri dominion and the Empire started when the worship of Talos was outlawed".
I don't even want to talk about this one, they keep calling the Nords Norse.

>9. Why the Thalmor Loathe Talos
I mean, at least they get that the Thalmor think that creation is bad and Talos is lame, but that's it.

>8. Talos was a Known Mortal
They're basically saying that Talos became a god because he was a rad Nord.

>7. Stormcloaks: Protecting Religious Freedom Under the Guise of Intolerance
"Talos is worshipped the most highly by Nords so when Ulfric took up this cause to fight the Empire for religious freedom, he ended up getting recruits that had ulterior motives for getting religious freedom in Skyrim. That’s why a lot of grunt Stormcloaks and Stormcloak supporters really just come off incredibly racist and hateful towards Elves and basically everyone that isn’t Norse."

>6. The Daedra Are Not Gods
Says that the Deadra are all-powerful, yet they aren't gods. Doesn't really have any reason why they aren't gods.

>>50777664
Kind of, but it's less "getting into heaven and being immortal" as this article claims, but rather making sure that the world isn't, wasn't, and will never be. It's about returning to unrestricted godhood rather than about becoming immortal.
>>
>>50774675
By being an archivist
>>
>>50777747
>5. The Daedra Do Not Bargain
Article basically just says that the Deadra are cunts.

>4. Fear Not The Daedric Quests: They Hide Treasures
Says that you get to summon Vaermina as a follower if you do her quest.

>3. The Daedra Are Stronger Than Gods
Here they say that Nirn is "the dimension between the mortal and immortal worlds", and that it's possible that the Aedra will one day regain power. They just don't get any of this, you can't flat out say that all Princes are "stronger" than the Aedra.
Also says that the gods are stranded on other planets.

>2. The Gods Cannot Save You - But They Can Empower You
This is some nonsense about how the gods can still embolden you or whatever.

>1. Blessings Do More Than Heal Your Wounds
Pressing "E" at a shrine gives you a status effect. Wow.

This is just a load of shit.
>>
>>50775662
This, give me a sword and I'll crusade against the Damned all she wants. Assblasting necrofags all day
>>
>>50777751
That doesn't sound like worship
>>
>>50774420
The Eight and One, and maybe some other gods depending on my race.

MAYBE Azura. Messing with Daedra tends not to go well, even with Azura.
>>
>>50774420
Daedra? Well, if I was restricted to Daedra, I'd go with Meridia most likely, but I'd be more of a scholar helping the actual undead killers.
>>
File: 1399480930905.jpg (42KB, 495x636px) Image search: [Google]
1399480930905.jpg
42KB, 495x636px
>>50777864
>>50777747
>>50777608
This physically hurts me.
>>
File: the fuck gif.gif (2MB, 249x174px) Image search: [Google]
the fuck gif.gif
2MB, 249x174px
>>50777383
>>50777608
>>50777747
>>50777864
>>
>>50777097
>>50777383
>>50777608
>>50777747
>>50777864
This literally lowered my CHIM's.
>>
Can someone explain the HoonDing? Is it an aspect of Shor? what is iiiit
>>
>>50774508
He's a pretty nice guy overall, not really gonna ever fuck you over because that would mess with the natural order.
>>
>>50778761
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC86yQAzaxg
basically Yokudan god of vid related
>>
>>50776377
The Aylieds fucking loved starlight, Azura likes stars and shit.
>>
>>50776377
Because alot of Ayleids worshiped Meridia
>>
>Peryite blessing is making you sick
Such a nice guy
>>
File: nervous doggos.jpg (57KB, 541x539px) Image search: [Google]
nervous doggos.jpg
57KB, 541x539px
>>50777383
>>50777608
>>50777747
>>50777864
I had no idea that casuals actually tried to make articles about TES Lore. Most people I interact with wither just don't care about videogames, or just like Skyrim's gameplay and have only read The Lusty Argonian Maid.

It's like seeing a child try to make up how something works on the spot, but strangely mixed with the feelings of having somebody mildly offend you, and deep sadness.
>>
>>50778987
Peryitefags live in delusion because they think a Canadian version of Nurgle is a nice guy because he didn't try to pressure you in Daggerfall, even though he's the god of dick rot, tuberculosis, and AIDS.
>>
>>50779039
He's also the daedric prince of natural order, so he's not just Nurgle-lite. Though what the fuck natural order means is confusing - ESO has him fighting the equivalent of wild daedra.
>>
>>50779128
I assumed it meant population control, which makes sense as that is somewhat needed.

However, that is hardly pleasant or nice, or anything a sane person would want to get into unless it was a last minute way of staving off a deadly case of Wizard Fever or something.
>>
3e uesrpg question, just to make sure I'm doing this right, when making your own spells to make a buff spell(that normally targets self) target someone else you just create a version with a non "self" range, correct?
>>
>>50779362
Yep! That's exactly what you do. Touch is cheaper than other ranged versions as it's more restrictive.
>>
>>50774420
Jyggalag, because unless all the other Daedra band together again they won't stop him from conquering everything
>>
>>50779514
Thank you, and just being sure again but can you apply the "direct" form to a damaging spell?

There's nothing saying you can't but it also says the spell is not an "attack" in that way so wanted to double check.
>>
>>50773258
I know and have read all this.
Was Red Mountain just a recreation of Convention?
>>
>>50779556
"Direct" is not a form, it's an attribute that spells with the Target form have. But yes, if you make a damaging spell into a target spell it just happens with no defense. That's why it costs more than Bolt.
>>
>>50779796
Yeah, that's what I meant sorry.

Thanks a ton for your help!
>>
>>50776620
Didn't the Thalmor kill Reman through the Dark Brotherhood?
>>
>>50779796
I'm considering restricting the form to not allow you to combo it with damaging spells, as it's intended primarily to combo with spells like Paralyze that have their own built in save already. But still not sure about that.
>>
>>50774420
Among the Daedra? I'd probably worship either Boethia or Mephala. I'm big into the Psijic Endeavor.
>>
>>50779854
Well, I will be able to give feedback on how it plays out like this pretty soon.
>>
>>50774420
>not worshiping peryite
>not being part of the aka-tusk of the next kalpa
>>
File: 1475802644540.jpg (29KB, 320x283px) Image search: [Google]
1475802644540.jpg
29KB, 320x283px
>>50770756
>>
>>50779887
He is not a real dragon tho, so no aka-tusk
>>
>>50780375
He will be a real dragon.
>>
>>50780401
>He will be a real dragon.
kek, this is what Peryiteshitters actually believe
>>
Just trying to make sure I've got my basic mythic framework straight here:

>Anu, statis, and Padomay, change, are born
>Anu births his own soul, Anu-El, to gain self-knowledge
>Padomay births his own soul, Sithis, for somewhat unclear reasons

What does giving birth to your own soul really mean? Is your soul an avatar of your entire self, or an avatar of just an aspect of yourself, or something else entirely? Is it your consciousness? How does it assist with introspection?

>Anu/Anu-El and Padomay/Sithis come into conflict
>The conflict results in the creation of Aurbis and the Et'Ada
>Anu-El births his own soul, Auri-El, to stabilize the turbulent Aurbis and to gain self-knowledge
>Auri-El is time itself and is also known as Akatosh, his existence enables the Et'Ada to gain self-knowledge

Why is time an extension of stasis and not change? Am I supposed to take this to mean that time wasn't linear before the birth of Akatosh?

>Sithis gives birth to his own soul, Lorkhan, because of unclear reasons

Does Lorkhan represent a force like Akatosh does?

>Lorkhan either tricks or persuades the Et'Ada to assist him with the creation of a soul for Aurbis, which will be called Mundus
>The Et'Ada that took no part in the creation of Mundus retained their power and are known as Daedra, they were also supposedly created solely from the blood of Sithis
>The Et'Ada that took part in the creation of Mundus but fled with Magnus became known as the Magna Ge, who they are descended from is unknown
>The Et'Ada that took part in the creation of Mundus and finished the process lost most of their power and consciousness and became known as the Aedra, they were supposedly created by the mixed blood of Sithis and Anu-El

Is Magnus an Aedra or a Magna Ge?

>Lorkhan and Auri-El go to war for unclear reasons, the Et'Ada may or may not have been tricked into creating Mundus
>Trinimac, one of the Aedra, tears Lorkhan asunder and flings his heart into Nirn

Did I miss anything yet?
>>
>>50780429
>Is Magnus an Aedra or a Magna Ge?
Both. He fucked himself up REAL bad escaping.
>>
>>50770756
I understood all of the references except the third moon. What is that supposed to be?
>>
>>50780478
Can the Magna Ge leave Aetherius if they want? And how conscious are the various Aedra? What are they aware of?
>>
So I've read a pocket guide and it said Reachmen and orcs used hedge wizardry. What is that, exactly?
>>
>>50780604
They can enter Aurbis during the dawns.
The aedra are dead, their avatars can be conscious, depending on the situation.
Awareness is a meme.
>>
>>50780627
Weaponized botany.
>>
>>50780629
The aedra grant boons to people who pray at their shrines. How can they be dead? Do you mean they're sleeping?
>>
>>50780627
Magic that is frowned upon, presumably nature based.
>>
>>50780672
We don't know if that's actually them acting or not.
>>
>>50780672

You can pull a lever on a machine and get it to activate. Does this mean the builder or designer of that machine is still alive?

I suppose that using a shrine or activating anything with aedric shit is tapping into some kind of system they've built or left behind, so it operates even when they're not around. You perform the ritual and the system works because the system is written into the world. Or something, I'm probably completely wrong.
>>
>>50780555
The Mane is the "Third Moon" in the Khajiiti Pantheon.
>>
>>50757547
If Chim is an excuse for console commands, why do people say that using console commands doesn't mean you've achieved Chim? Which of these statements is bullshit?
>>
>>50780875
The former. CHIM is more complicated than that.
>>
>>50776429
>>50758497

If it wasn't for game limitations, the Dragonborn would for sure have taken on a large entourage of all their companions and a big chunk of whatever organizations they joined, as well as a general following of people who wanted to hang out with them just because they were Dragonborn, either out of expectation that they would gain power/wealth/knowledge by association, personal loyalty due to gratitude to however the Dragonborn's actions helped them, or general worship of the prophecied magic man/woman/lifestage-sex-shifting-lizardperson. Any granted titles would likely have come with land and revenues, et cetera et cetera.

The Thalmor could try use an army to assassinate them, but the Dragonborn would by that point have their own army, and any army with the dragonborn in it will probably be a pretty good army.
>>
>>50780875
>If Chim is an excuse for console commands
It isn't. CHIM is the realization that the world is a dream and that you are part of the dream, but being so self absorbed and narcissistic that you say "I am not part of the dream, the dream is part of me" and forcing your will upon the dreamer.
>>
File: I Want to Believe.jpg (31KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
I Want to Believe.jpg
31KB, 600x750px
>>50780800
>Elder Scrolls 6 brings back Signs and Attribute mechanics
>Adds on effects for being born during the alignment of Masser and Secundus
>>
>>50780925
The Emperor has been assassinated,

Multiple times.
>>
>>50780627
The Mages guild, Thalmor, and House Telvanni make highly pure meth in labs as they understand organic chemistry and have a solid grasp on molecular orbital theory after years of laborious study of hundred year old texts. They know exactly what they're doing and exactly how to do what they want to do.

Hedge Wizards are cooking meth in the toolshed behind their rundown shack. They were given a recipe by their granpappy who got it from his granpappy who got it from his granpappy. They have no idea why any of it works, but it makes meth in the end if you do it right and makes you die if you do ti wrong.
>>
>>50780902
>>50780938
But in an out-of -game sense, I remember someone saying that it was intended by the devs to justify console commands.
>>
>>50780954
In an out-of-game sense it's to justify turning Cyrodiil into a temperate forest instead of endless jungle.
>>
>>50780954
Maybe, but only very slightly, and not as the complete concept.
>>
>>50780875
CHIM isn't console commands, it's knowing you're playing a videogame and understanding how to do what you want by reading the wiki/tutorials/knowing game mechanics. When you check how much XP you need to level up, that's CHIM.

Vivec and Tiber Septim/Talos got CHIM, but that's not what made them gods. CHIM showing them how to become gods with what they had (The Heart, the Thu'um) is what made them gods. When Vivec lost the Heart's power, he still had CHIM. When Tiber Septim lost his voice, he still had CHIM.
>>
>>50780981
This was years after the concept was created and named, mind you.
>>
>>50780943

You can say that about any kind of ruler. Most of those Emperors were ones that didn't have the personal prowess and/or power to inspire the same loyalty attract competent followers the way the Dragonborn would. I'm not saying that there wouldn't be some violent end in store, I just think they'd last long enough to have some more interesting years/decades in them.

Besides, a lot of those assassinations were by the Dark Brotherhood, and they're not up to the task so much any more.
>>
>>50780627
Unscientific, traditionalist magic taught by shamans and coven leaders. Breton witch covens is sort of the same thing.
Basically it's magic, culture and religion all woven into one poorly understood ball of haphazard magic. The Reachmen have figured out how to create Briarhearts, they just don't have a clue why it's actually working.

>>50780672
The aedra grant boons to player who pray at their shrines.

>>50780875
>Chim is an excuse for console commands
No.

>>50780925
My favourite lore character can beat up your favourite lore character.

>>50780943
They've supposedly even killed off the Mane even.

>>50780954
People say a lot of things.

>>50780997
Is it shitposting hour already?
>>
>>50780941
>Signs and Attributes
>still no mysticism
>>
>>50759749
You mean you WOULDN'T eat the heart of your best xenobro?
>>
>>50780938
Not quite, that's the fucked up Anti-CHIM that Dagoth Ur was not actual CHIM. The difference between the two is that Dagoth Ur was imposing himself onto the Godhead like the solipsist fuck-head he was.

Actual CHIM is more like lucid dreaming, realizing that you're just a character that the dreamer thought up but still a part of them. Sure you can fuck around and alter things but you aren't imposing your will on the Godhead.
>>
>>50781027
>tfw no matter how autistic you get you will never be so autistic that you think people care enough about your braindead opinions that you must reply to every post you can see
It's an abstract kind of feel.

>>50781033
Bring back Mysticism and Thaumaturgy. Mysticism for 2mystic4u, thaumaturgy for zany shenanigans.

I also think that, in addition to birth sign buffs and boons, a birth sign perk system might be neat, so someone with the warrior sign could focus on which type of, say, blunt weapon they prefer
>>
>>50781084
Thanks for you opinions.
>>
>>50780672
You can get boons at the shrines of almsivi saints, it's magiced by the mortals who built the shrine.
>>
File: Laughing Golden Saints.png (149KB, 450x495px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Golden Saints.png
149KB, 450x495px
>>50774430
>Peryite
Who?
>>
>>50781221
That joke only works with Malacath.
>>
>>50780627
>>
>>50781221
The god of redundancy. His spheres are order (jyggalag), disease (namira), and being a punk ass bitch.
>>
>>50781355
All good systems have at least triple redundancy.
>>
Do vampires' souls go to Molag Bal after they die for good?
>>
>>50781407
Yeah.
>>
>>50781407
>>50781421
Unless you pull a John Constantine and pledge your soul to every daedra major organization as all the PC's have done.
>>
>>50781437
*daedra and etc.
>>
File: tumblr_n4w85syp811s559q7o1_500.gif (394KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4w85syp811s559q7o1_500.gif
394KB, 500x475px
>>
>>50781437
The only PC who possibly died is the one from Arena. Daggerfall's protag probably got fucked by the Warp in the West, Morrowind's became Nerevar and fucked off the Akaviri, Oblivion's became Sheogorath and Skyrim's is likely to be snatched up before death by Hermaeus Mora (who will probably break the claims the other Princes may have on him)..

Though such foolery probably isn't going to work out for the average motherfucker. Mortals who are less than loyal to their patron Princes tend to come down with a case of the deads, often at the hands of their replacement.
>>
Merry Chil'a, everyone!
In the barony of Kairou, south-west of Sentinel, Chil'a marks the new year celebration. It's both a sacred day and a festival, as the arch-priest of Zenithar possibly Zeht and the reigning baron(ess) each consecrate the ashes of the old year in religious ceremony, before the barony is filled with merry celebrations, including parades, balls and martial tourneys. Truly a day worth celebrating!

I hope you don't forget that Saturalia is just a few days away though, so don't tire yourself out on festivities just yet.

It's also Molag Bal Summoning Day, if you're into that kind of stuff.
>>
>>50781748
I thought it was canon that the Agent tried to activate Numidium and got stomped because he didn't know how to control it, and that it's still rampaging and killing everyone in a quarantined timeline.
>>
>>50781856
>He is known as the God of Schemes,[1] the King of Rape,[2] the Harvester of Souls,[3] the Lord of Brutality,[4] and the Prince of Rage.[5]
I don't think I'm into that kind of thing.
>>
>>50781874
We don't really know. In the event that the Agent is to take the Numidium for himself, he's killed by the rampaging god, but he's presumably hunky dory in all other cases, meaning that although he certainly died, he very likely also didn't. By the look of things, he probably didn't die more than he died, and it's possible the Jills decided that it's less messy to just leave him alive. Or maybe not, as I said we don't know.
Personally I think he stayed alive after time got mostly unfucked, but I do see why people think his death is likely. And that's assuming something weirder didn't happen.
>>
>>50775559
>he never played Daggerfall
>>
>>50781027
The pocket guide said they learned it from Orcs, so how come there aren't Orc briarhearts?
>>
>>50782019
She's not just a bitch in Daggerfall.
>>
>>50782187
Because that piece of knowledge comes from Hagravens.
>>
>>50782018
Each of the things spelled out in the other endings happens to the person who activates the Mantella, though, in addition to the Orcs.
Sentinel, Wayrest, Daggerfall, and Orsinium establish themselves as regional powers.
Mannimarco becomes an Arkay orbiter.
Wulfharth dies.
Uriel VII bitchslaps all the factions of the Empire in line.
One can only assume that the other ending happens for the person who activated it, and that's that the Agent tried to use it and got stomped.
>>
>>50782242
Where did Hagravens come from?
>>
>>50780627
Unschooled wizardly - some of it is probably legitimate spells, but hedge wizards do not have any formal training, aren't part of any organization, and there's no guarantee what spells they will or won't know - one could be a master of conjuration, the other a skilled destruction user.

This would make them distinct from 'native' casters such as witches, who tend to have their own covens and thereby similar spells and shared organization, or other varieties of magic user in TES - sorcerers, warlocks, battlemages, etc - who are formally trained or at least set in their categories.
>>
>>50781874
That doesn't make sense, because in-game the Agent is told 'you're not of royal blood, you can't handle Numidium yourself, so give the Totem to someone who can.'
>>
>>50782243
>Wulfharth dies
Someone has misinterpreted the Arcturian Heresy
>>
>>50783197
That type of magic definitely sounds like it would fit the Orcs.
>>
>>50774420
Hircine.

Aroo
>>
>>50770756
Are you a bethesda employee. Cuz you should be creative lead. I'd love the fuck out of TES VI: Elsweyr
>>
File: CNkgpY-VEAAb3N5.png (231KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
CNkgpY-VEAAb3N5.png
231KB, 600x338px
>>50770756
>>
>>50781052
Well, you got me there...
>>
It's been a gret second thread.

ALMSIVI
>>
>>50784498
On that note, were all chimer exhibitionists, or was that only their leaders?
Thread posts: 352
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.