[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys I need some help. My creativity as of late has been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Hey guys I need some help. My creativity as of late has been nonexistent and I need a jump start. So anyone have an idea on a final campaign boss? Something I can build towards? I can probably work with that
>>
Giant Space Hamster Lich.
>>
>>50757256
Take out space and I might could work with that. But why and how did a hamster turn to a lich?
>>
What kind of Setting? What System? What Power Level?

A high-level D&D Campaign needs a radically different Campaign boss than a low-leveled one, and a Shadowrun game builds up to something different than a Call of Cthulhu one.
>>
>>50757218
A charismatic young poet wrote a satire of his monarchical government from the perspective of a mud farmer in a marshy region that was once a proud and independent kingdom, but was long-ago absorbed into the larger empire. The muck farmers, not realizing it was intended to play with historical allusions to point out some foppishness in the aristocracy, took up the poem's more memorable lines as a rallying cry for a reborn sense of nationalism, declared themselves independent and began marching on their neighboring duchy. When they began to look successful, they called upon the poet to lead them. At the same time, the poet's king exiled him for his offensive verse so the poet, in bitterness, answered the muck farmers' call and went to champion them into battle. The campaign quickly degraded into a guerrilla operation as the muck farmers lacked the numbers to hold their gains, abandoned them, and became nothing more than a bandit-army. Then the poet, on their first great march, caught swamp fever and died. The collective sorrow and will of the muck farmers brought him back as a powerful undead who has since begun to turn their bandit army into a never-dying war-machine crushing everything in its path, lead by a powerful litch-bard, who is also gay. Whose half-gnomish daughter from a marriage before his exile has begun working on powerful war machines to counter the undead horde, and seeks heroes to help prove the combat effectiveness of her weapons.
>>
>>50757277
D&D 5e. The time period can shift depending on what the final boss ends up being. I'm planning to start them from lvl 1 and work our way towards it. I'm probably gonna either use my friend's world that he built or build a new world from it
>>
File: them2.jpg (17KB, 300x390px)
them2.jpg
17KB, 300x390px
>>50757218
An ant that wandered into a nuclear test site and mutated to become fifty feet tall and intelligent. Also it's a giant fucking ant that keeps smashing down sugar factories and shit.

Also there's a doomsday cult who worship the giant ant and try to protect and enable it, but the ant doesn't really notice or care because it just wants sweet things to eat.
>>
Dude you guys are awesome
>>
>>50757315
I am not sure if this is a weird reference i don't get or original...

>>>50757319
Well, do you have any scale in mind? Do you want an ancient evil threatening the existence of Humanoidkind as we know it, a looming darkness that threatens the kingdom or maybe 'just' a corrupt Noble trying to take over the PCs home city?
>>
>>50757375
>I am not sure if this is a weird reference i don't get or original...
Well the litch-bard should be named Gordon, if that helps.
>>
>>50757375
Well since I plan a buildup I was thinking it be world ending type stuff
>>
>>50757396
>Well the litch-bard should be named Gordon, if that helps.
Honestly, it doesn't. I can think of surprisingly many Gordons especially from fiction, but none that even remotely fit the bill.
(No Crowbar, not friends with Batman, not a Banker, not a cat eating alien and also not a TV cook)
>>
>>50757552
It's a D&D-ized version of the life of the poet Lord George Gordon Byron. Who did not come back to life after getting swamp fever while leading a Greek army in its struggle for independence against the Ottoman Empire. Whose daughter, Augusta Ada King-Noel nee Byron, Countess of Lovelace (Commonly: Ada Lovelace), is important to the history of computer programming and Charles Babbage's Difference Engine.
>>
>>50757218
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azEvfD4C6ow

A sentient excavator with a hate-on for life.

Just imagine the scale of the encounter. It would drop minions that are instantly generated from the soil that it harvests in the area. You'd fight your way towards it, then avoid its missiles racks and shit.

As a lead-up, players could have clues about strange shipments (the excavator needs repairs) and find out weaknesses and stuff.
>>
>>50759073
>>50757319
Oh, D&D?

Ok, make it an undead excavator. A plain undead, created for mining, that slowly turned into this humongous abomination that only exists to excavate and eat souls.
No man behind the abomination. Just something that went horribly right.
>>
>>50759103
That makes for a good city level boss. I'll definitely add that in there somewhere
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.