[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fading Embers General /feg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 53

File: Lizardman.jpg (62KB, 576x720px) Image search: [Google]
Lizardman.jpg
62KB, 576x720px
>What is Fading Embers?
A /tg/ homebrew wargame setting that started out as another "Let's make a collaborative setting," but quickly became awesome once a surprising amount of lore was generated. Oh, and you can also field an army of MOTHERFUCKING BEARS.

We currently use the Advanced Songs of Blades and Heroes system, and have a WIP roster.

>Previous threads:
1st: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/50647430/

2nd: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/50669075/

3rd: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/50692803/

>Community editable Lore Doc(will be transposed to the wiki... eventually)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qgRwxxpLkYQRlL9XEkam1Oi5YRuweY8Gtg7V4uOTZsE/edit?usp=sharing

We're also planning on gathering a collection of 3d models so the game can actually be played in Tabletop Simulator and it's more free counterpart, BattleBox3d.

>Thread Goal
Alright, it's crunch time. By the end of this thread I hope to have the main issues of debate in this setting resolved, and We'll finally have a wiki page/Setting Document up and running. Here are the current issues:

-Are Dwarves Slug-blooded or do they merely breed slugs? If no consensus is reached I'm going to go with the latter, as it makes more sense. Slugs would be bred to feed off of dead skin from the giants, and also act as a sort of Sun protectant for Giants and Dwarves.

-Main colors of each faction.

-Exact nature and details of the Restavia Remnant. We may be focusing on this a tad more than we should, but that's alright, it's still extremely interesting. If no consensus is reached, I'm going to go with the WWI inspired themes, mixed with the Renaissance motif, and the !Atlantis lore along with the side-rivalry with Berustia.(Just my two cents, but Berustia should have tamed sea monsters)

-Possible NameChange for Berustia, as it's similar to Restavia. I'm saying Berustia gets the change because Restavian Remnant rolls off the tongue quite nicely.
>>
One last thing: It's spelled Zelthen, not Zelthan.
>>
Be around this afternoon to get some stats going for Restavia.
>>
>>50757273
Sweet, looking forward to it.

Oh, that reminds me. The Hammer and Anvil supplement can be found here, in the PDF Share thread: >>50747544
>>
Here's the colors of each faction as suggested last thread:

Yonas: Dark forest green and brown

Visamti: Gold and Red

Velthen: Black and White

Lizardmen: Extravagant Blues and Purples, to show off the perceived richness and power of warlords.

Inverse: Pale Purple and Grey/black.

Also, what about Banner symbols?
>>
File: 1482033545069-tg.jpg (226KB, 528x900px) Image search: [Google]
1482033545069-tg.jpg
226KB, 528x900px
Bumping with possible art of the factions.
>>
>>50757170
I'll put my vote in for slug-breeders not slugfolk.

Tamed sea monsters seem a bit too whimsical for this setting, after all how would a small, dilapidated whaling town tame the unknowable horrors of the deep?

>>50758737
For banner symbols, a pawprint is the obvious choice for Yonas if it's not too cliche. For Visamti, I'm feeling maybe a gold V on a red background, kinda reminiscent of Roman SPQR banners?
>>
File: Saxon imagery.jpg (13KB, 236x274px) Image search: [Google]
Saxon imagery.jpg
13KB, 236x274px
>>50760044
Saxonbro here.

I think using things like interlinked Knots and Other Pagan Crosses would work for the Yonas.

It represents the stark individualism they seem to represent but also shows how they are all alone, but within a culture together and how they "Weave" nature to their own will.
>>
>>50760159
I like this. We could really go back to druidic origins with it.
>>
On my phone now, but did up a few variations of Yonas tokens.
I should be able to knock out the rest tonight and maybe draw the core of another faction.
>>
>>50761522
Sweet, looking forward to it.
>>
>>50758737

For the Ivory horde, an idea for their banners should be tusks/horns of various large animals, or based on the band. Pic related is gazelle horns, maybe one for a major band?

For Zelthen, maybe a shinig star above the dunes or mountain peaks? It could also have a golden trail weaving between the hills to show the path to salvation/the roads that keep the kingdom alive.

>>50757170
Regarding Dwarves, I'm fine with slug-breeders. Slug-people is a little too out there for me, especially since they are supposed to be travelling through cold, tundra-like deserts.
>>
File: Stock_antlers.jpg (24KB, 450x470px) Image search: [Google]
Stock_antlers.jpg
24KB, 450x470px
>>50764154
Damn it, forgot the pic.
>>
File: download (19).jpg (9KB, 201x250px) Image search: [Google]
download (19).jpg
9KB, 201x250px
>>50760044
Yeah, I'm thinking slug breeders is more in-line with the setting.

Wasn't sure where I was going with sea monsters. Mostly just a supernatural "balance" against Restavia.

>>50764162
>>50760159
If you guys have some basic suggestion pics for each banner symbol, I have some proficiency in Logo design. The symbols would be in a pseudo Celtic/Tribal art motif thoigh, as that's what my style tends towards.
>>
Wow, only 12 posts all day? I really feel like the "posting ettiquette," of letting threads will all the way to bump limit and only making new threads once the old one falls off page 10 has hurt the momentum we had going since it forced people to post in dead threads until the small hours of the morning and derail their efforts waiting for a new one to appear.

I'm working on some fluff posts right now, hopefully they'll help...
>>
>>50764288
It's a Sunday. Things get slow on Sundays.
>>
>>50764228
That's a pretty neat pattern. For a border, maybe some Josephine knots or shield knots to help show unity in the face of strife? Trinity's would also definitely work to tie into the lore of the Mother and two consorts from the last thread.

Some more thoughts I had was for the Inverse. Mathematical or hermitic symbols might work, to bring back to mind the ancient philospher king feel from the Centaurs. A twist we could add is them not being a perfect representation, like a Golden Ratio rectangle with a slanted side, or a hexagram with uneven lengths. Something slightly off from the normal anyways.

>>50764288
I'd have been posting more, but I was dealing with some food poisoning from bad pork. Still not up to 100%, but can at least finish thinking my way through a sentence, and type it out without re-spelling 'the' 6 times.
>>
>>50764162
Hmm, I feel like it's too simplistic to just draw horns on their banners - doesn't invoke a feeling of... anything, really. Lemme research a bit into central asian symbology stuff to find a better (or at least, modified) version.
>>
>Scraps from a diary found aboard the wreck of the frigate Indomitable

More bloody baby-sitting whalers, more bloody open waters with no clouds in the sky, and the sound of the devils from the press-gangs feeding the fish. Caught one of the basterds (sic? ~S.M.) whistling below-decks, and told him that the next time I heard him whistling, it would be from the straw he'd be using to eat lunch after I'm through with him. Bad enough to hear them muttering about bubbling shadows in the water and strange lights below the waves at night.

(The next few pages are illegible smears of ink and water-damaged)

...t I've ever seen! Steel-bodied and shaped like an (Whale? Dolphin? ~S.M.).. bubbles shooting out and blew up one of the fisher's. P... ...e had an idea. Pin it with the ___poons, and pop the hatch. Bosun 'Blacktoothed Jack' took point, and got it open with (Gaff-hook? Polehook? Damned sailor's and their terminology. ~S.M.). A fe... ...ed to haul the strange boat back to shore. Looks like Restavian scrap to me, but the shipwrights ought to pay well.

(The remainder is too damaged to re-construct. Records show that the Indomitable sank without reaching port, and the wreck appears to have had a below-water strike that shattered the keel. No evidence of the strange boat mentioned in these texts were around, but some whaling fleets have superstitions about bubbling shadows and lights below water. Further research is pending on acquistion or funds. ~Silas Magnusson, Year of the end 680.)
>>
>>50764288
Yeah, like the others said, I think it's just ebb and flow.
I post mainly at night and have been preoccupied by irl issues and, before that, by drawing monkeys.

>>50764228
I was gonna suggest or try something exactly like that logo.
I think it might do with a border, but that is spot on.
Excellent work.
>>
>>50764288

Sorry i was asleep most of the day after i got of work (nightshift) and then i had writing to do.

Here is a mockup of the Regiments statline like i promised here >>50757273

The regiment

Troopers 30 Arquebus (W) Group Fighter (P) q4 c2

Veterans 40 Arquebus (W) Group Fighter (P) q3 c2

Grenadiers 41 Arquebus (W) Group Fighter (P) Hand Grenade q4 c2

Lieutenants 46 Group Fighter (P), Handgun (W), Subcommander (L,P) q3 c2

Snipers 50 Arquebus (W) Group Fighter (P) Dead Shot (P) q3 c2

General 66 Group Fighter (P), Handgun (W), Leader (L,P) q3 c2

Artillerist 32 Artillerist Bonded q3 c2

Veteran 44 Artillerist 44 Artillerist Bonded Master Gunner q3 c2

Cannon 100 (rules for use of a cannon in the supplement, page 31)

Since they are a sub faction i didn't give them quite as many options, but i can expand on them if people want.
>>
>>50764228

holy shit that is perfect.
>>
>>50764873
Looks fine to me. The smaller list is alright, and there still is a fair amount of variety I can see in it. I can already think of three lists I'd want to run with it. One with two squads of troopers supporting a cannon, one with a firing line and grenadiers to wipe out groups of Visamt cannon fodder, and one with a squad of snipers backed up with grenadiers and veterans and a General. Now, to think of ways to break the lines.
>>
>>50764945

You think they could benefit from some dragoons? or just leave as is?
>>
>>50764977
Dragoons might be okay, but an advantage them have is everyone but the gunners has Group Fighter. The only other ones who have it is the Imperial forces, and they only have it on their shit guys. If you keep them near each other, and especially if you have a Lieutenant or General close enough, they're going to be punching above their weight. In addition, their q value is low enough to be able to hit your actions fairly reliably. The biggest down-side I see is that low c value will likely get them mulched if they start taking hits from Knights or other beefy guys. On the other hand, you can kit out 3 squads of 3-4 guys fairly easily, even without having to rely on troopers. If you do go trooper gunlines, you can get 2 of 3 with a Lieutenant, and still have 122 points to spend on your support in a 400 pt game. That's a lot of guns
>>
>>50764900
>>50764860
Disclaimer: I found this after two seconds of Google, but digital editing is a piece of cake. I can vectorize and modify this to what you like no problem.
>>
>>50765141

yeah, we'll just leave them be. They seem fine to me as is.

You know the longer i sit here an the more stat lines a crank out the more i realize being a knight player is going to be suffering. Time to go martyr myself for Zelthen.
>>
>>50765219
Now now, your Knight's are pretty damned good. Throw lots of action dice, since you have enough q you're unlikely to get turnovers, and you're unlikely to get really hurt in a fight due to your lowest (Aspirants) having the same c value as the best lizards units, or most other's 60-70+ pts for 30-40 pts. with your knights having c 4, even on the shooty ones, and most others having 2, their best is your half-ways, and they're almost impossible to get a terror-causing cas. Conversely, you're likely going to cas on a 2+, and terror cas on a 5 or six. That's a damn good reason to try and tarpit against you.
>>
>>50765219
Here's how I'm picturing the meta:

Knights: poster boys and the !Space Marines of our setting.

Dragons: big weak armies, big creatures. Probably going to be hard to face off against for inexperienced players, but something tells me they've got a soft underbelly.

Bears: Crowd-Control, the game. Fuck up your formation before going to the kill, and big smashers too. Probably the "Fun" option.

Lizardmen: Gotta Go Fast! High mobility, the question is whether they can pack enough punch to make that worthwhile.

Visamti: "Second Best" option. Will likely play second fiddle to our Knights, but are all-around good with a variety of unit options.
>>
>>50765374

Speaking of soft underbelly, i know it's probably near impossible, but i would laugh my ass off if a Visamti caster with the destroy undead spell won the contested roll against a dragon. Just bop, there goes your giant beat stick. It would be such a terrible and glorious moment at the same time depending on which side you were on. Honestly even if i was the dragon player i would still probably laugh my ass off.
>>
>>50765464
Yep. Trading a 30 pt cast for 150-253 pts worth of dragon would just be hilarious. I'd probably wind up naming him something like "Khazeem, Quieter of the dead and Shusher of dragons". I'd honestly go 'well-played' and try to re-organize what's left of the skele rabble to bum-rush the guy who killed it to win back the Invere's honour.
>>
>>50765557

You know this makes me think. When we get this going maybe we should share about our games here in the thread and use them to do some collective story building. I bet in every battle there would be at least one or two moments of awesome, even if they aren't quite Khazeem level.
>>
What's the elevator pitch of this setting?
>>
>>50765464
Yeah, I was going to say, the fact that Destroy undead is a kill spell might make for some interesting times.

>>50765611
It is a campaign based game where you run through scenarios. I could easily see five players working collaboratively to write out a scenario where they duke it out and play through an entire timeline.
>>
>>50765862
Planet be dying. Shit is pretty much-irreversible. Either escape, renew or consume, depending on who you be. Bears wanna peace out, not!bysantines want to do SOMETHING, but leader be an asshat, Knights are mutants raising power for god, Lizards wanna BE god, and Dragons go 'Fuck y'all, you ain't going nowhere but in mah belly.'

There's others, (Whaler's looking for Fiddler's green, Techies trying to find not!Atlantis, dwarves trying to bring back glory, and Commie Jedi-Holocron wizards trying to make the people under their malfunctioning care survive.) but ultimately, the main focus is on the other 5. Straight-forward enough?
>>
>>50765949
If the world is dead, why do i care about any of this other than the people trying to leave
>>
>>50765992

Because the world can be renewed/saved. Maybe. And or you can finish eating it and then move on.
>>
>>50766009
>Shit is pretty much-irreversible.
>>
>>50765862
>>50765992
>>50766028

Nobledark wargame fantasy setting with an emphasis on Your Guys, and a surprising amount of background lore for being less than two weeks old. The world is barren, and the factions fight for resources, power, and survival.

There are five Factions:

Knights of Zelthen: a large Order of armored Knights with many subdivisions. Lore states they've used drugs and rituals to abandon their humanity in order to better protect the ones they once loved, resulting in various mutant orders. Trying to escape the planet.

Yonas Clans: Bipedal Bear Druids and Tankers that focus on elements and Crowd-Control. Will fuck your shit up. Have a real Ba-Sing-Se feel to their culture. Trying to revive the planet.

The Inverse: Eldritch Draconic Horrors that may or may not have caused the world to go to shit. Control armies if undead and Eldritch Tainted Centaurs, and feed on the life force of the living. Trying to eat everything.

Visamti: What if the Roman Empire survived in this setting thanks to pacts with demons? Yeah, it's that awesome. The ruling Archon is a real bad dude with a real bad plan. Trying to conquer.

Lizardmen Hordes: Pale white Lizardmen that fight like Huns. Trying to fuck everyone's shit up, but particularly the humans.
>>
>>50765992
Planet isn't completly dead yet. The Knights are on crusade for God to make him strong enough to fix the world. Lizards want to become Gods to re-make the world properly this time. The dragons came from who-knows-where, and just want to finish what's left before going on. The Visamti people would like to do something, but the 300-year-old ruler doesn't give a shit about the world dying since they are the only ones still doing fine, and why change what ain't broke?

>>50766028
Note that 'pretty much' isn't IS. There may be a chance, and why not take it? It's not like you've got any other choice other than to lay down and die.
>>
>>50766038
There's also five sub-factions with various alliances and goals between the other factions, which include steam tech worshippers and nomadic dwarves and Giants. I've been focusing on the main factions, so I'll let others explain those.
>>
>>50766038

thought it was Zelthen tryng to revive planet, Yonas trying to escape by transference ritual, and Lizardment trying to be reborn as gods and fix everything by killing all the humans?
>>
File: Visamti_1.png (696KB, 395x874px) Image search: [Google]
Visamti_1.png
696KB, 395x874px
>>50758737
So, looking at characteristics of Byzantine artwork, they tended to favour realistic, but flat images of most religious nature. A thought of what to put on the banner could be a mask like in pic related, or an armored fist with rays of light radiating outwards? Something that shows the might of the Archon, may he rule us for the next millenia.
>>
>>50766204
... so it is. I wasn't around for a thread or two. Finals and all that.
>>
>>50766205

fist with a sunburst pattern behind it?
>>
File: Hourglass_gauntlet.jpg (6KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
Hourglass_gauntlet.jpg
6KB, 220x229px
>>50766248
Sure. An hourglass style gauntlet like pic should be fine. Perhaps a scale or other form of justice below it? A little bit of irony, also showing that the Archon's is the arbiter of the law, and is above it as well.
>>
>>50766205
I was going to go with the mask idea, but the gauntlet sounds better. Noted.
>>
>>50757170

Awesome, I thought this project was dead, apparently not!

Also, the Knights of Zelthen are called the Preservers Of Zelthen's Light, and their mutations are angelic blessings from Zelthen, their God of Light, Honor, and Purity. They're on a Holy Crusade to destroy all evil and spread the word of Zelthen, so that the fading sun might be rekindled, and this broken world, renewed.
>>
>>50766205
>>50766248
>>50766346
Man, if those masks are what the nobles and sorcerers wear, then the Archon is a huge dick.
>Here, wear this mask which has similarity to the country's symbol, which is me fisting the sun
>Wouldn't that mean your gauntleted fist will be in all our faces, Milord?
>How perceptive of you. And yes, yes it does. *punch*
>>
>>50766468

keked.
>>
File: royal_current.gif (200KB, 811x751px) Image search: [Google]
royal_current.gif
200KB, 811x751px
>>50766323

You know i'm actually thinking of a medieval coat of arms type deal now. Have the shield with the fist sun in one quadrant, a scale in another, and then two blank quadrants. Flanked by some sort of animal, an then with the sun mask sitting on top of the shield where they normally put a helmet or a crown over a coat of arms. kinda like pic related. Maybe it might be a quite a bit to busy, but i think it's kinda appropriately ostentatious for this guy.
>>
>>50766468
The Archon is a man of refined tastes. After all, you get tired of slave-girls hand-feeding you peeled grapes and lark's tongues after the first 70 years. You got to spice it up a little. Maybe have a demon be used as a chair? Eh, if it mopes too much, dismiss it and create another.

>>50766513
That would be fine for the main shield. If you wanted to put things in the blank quadrants, perhaps a flame, cross, or other simple shapes would work. The main banner in the armies would be whichever general was commanding it, with the Imperial seal reserved for the Fist's of the Archon (The top casters in the list) as a reminder that even though he doesn't lead from the front, he is always watching their movements.
>>
>>50766513
Coat of arms would be way too busy, plus if I'm designing it, I'm making it according to good logo design rules:

1. Works in Black and White.
2. Scalable(can be engraved in a Sword or put on a banner)
3. Simple and easily recognizable.

I might even simplify the bear symbol for being too busy.
>>
>>50766596

yeah, makes sense it was way to busy. I think just the fist and the sunburst would make a good one then. Simple and appropriate for the faction.
>>
File: 10000_years_in_paint.png (8KB, 268x256px) Image search: [Google]
10000_years_in_paint.png
8KB, 268x256px
>>50766596

Thinking on the earlier mentions for the Lizard banner, and how horn's would be too bland, perhaps something similar to my MSPaint monstrosity in layout? Horns to represent the herd, land with the waters of life underneath, and either the sun or moon between the horns for the sky? Got the inspiration from reading on Tengrism, but am too shit to draw up a logo to save my life.
>>
>>50766764

make it the moon, we already have the sunburst in the empires thing, wouldn't want there to be too many similarities. Which raises the question, what will the Preservers symbol be?
>>
File: stylized_wings.jpg (215KB, 1074x578px) Image search: [Google]
stylized_wings.jpg
215KB, 1074x578px
>>50766772

maybe something like this with a sword or a spear between the wings.
>>
File: 10000_more_years_in_paint.png (5KB, 268x256px) Image search: [Google]
10000_more_years_in_paint.png
5KB, 268x256px
>>50766772
Well, the one I floated before was stars over mountains or deserts with a road. They are the shining examples that must protect the ones below, and the road is how they do so. Pic attached. Went with 4-pointed stars for the four orders of the Preservers. Yea or nay?
>>
>>50766865

I like that actually. It's different, and it has meaning.
>>
>>50766764
Regarding central asian symbols, I think I've found a website with some examples. Too many pictures, but should help in thinking up symbols.
http://www.face-music.ch/highaltai/ornaments/ornaments_en.html

okay, so another thing to think about while making the symbol would be the presence of certain things. Like how there's Diluvial, Primordial, and Celestial in their ranks, it should also be reflected in the symbol.

Also the meaning behind the Mongolian Soyombo symbol could inspire you in making the symbol.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soyombo_symbol
>>
>>50767110
Ok, we'll make this simple. Post your symbol designs like they're Drawthread request, with combining pictures and a short text blurb explaining what you want. If everyone likes the particular idea, I'll go with that, adding my own twist where I feel appropriate. I'm heading off to bed, but somebody keep this thread warm and bumped for me.
>>
File: ivory horde symbol.png (14KB, 147x169px) Image search: [Google]
ivory horde symbol.png
14KB, 147x169px
>>50767140
Ehh, already did a mockup-ish symbol. The three things in the middle represent the three elite classes, the star (or dim sun?) for the Celestial, the mountain for the Diluvial, and the river/tracks/path for the Primordial. The three symbols are flanked/secured by two antelope horns, representing the herd, for the herd secures the future of the Ivory Horde.
Anything to simplify/critique/offer an alternative to?
>>
>>50767365
Well, it's not quite screaming Lizardmen to me. In fact neither is the Gauntlet for Visamti.

The Yonas symbol works because you immediately associate it with the bears. I think I'm going with the mask symbol for Visamti because you easily associate that with the Archon. The Gauntlet and sun could just as easily be associated with Zelthen's Light.

A lot of symbology and meaning does you no good unless you manage to convey the main piece of info as well: who does this symbol represent?
>>
>>50767365

I like the way this one turned out. There's a nice movement from below to the top. Maybe something like a half-moon instead of the star? A bit of lore I seen before for moon-worshiping in another setting was that the moon must be stronger than the sun. After all, the moon can be seen both during the day and at night, where-as the sun cannot. It could also tie in if the sun is the symbol of the Visamti, the weak humans who ruled over them, then CLEARLY the moon must be stronger, as it shines when the sun goes dark. If you also bring in the stars from Zelthen's symbol as well, they only appear at night, and can't show their face during the day. Only the moon is mighty enough to be in both.
>>
File: ivory horde symbol 2.png (14KB, 147x169px) Image search: [Google]
ivory horde symbol 2.png
14KB, 147x169px
>>50767417
Problem is, the Lizardmen are too far removed from 'mainstream' Lizardmen to be recognizable as such. But if we delve into their nomadic society, these could be recognized.
Other hordes from other skirmish games are too 'savage' in comparison to the Ivory Horde, and as such their symbols are also too savage.

>>50767458
Maybe a white/black circle?
>>
>>50767487
Really all I'm suggesting would be a lizardman's head or claw imprinted somewhere on it. That'd probably be enough.
>>
>>50767487

i don't know i mean there whole shtick is "kill all humans" Seems pretty savage.
>>
File: ivory horde symbol 3.png (16KB, 147x216px) Image search: [Google]
ivory horde symbol 3.png
16KB, 147x216px
>>50767516
Lizard claw added. Now it looks like the Soyombo symbol of the Mongolians.
>>
>>50767596
It's not terribly busy, and could show a decent progression. Walk the path, climb to reach the heavens, where the Lizards will reign forever over all in their band. Any other anon's thoughts?
>>
>>50761522
Incoming bears
I just retouched these four, but I'm planning to do the rest tonight.
>>
File: FadingEmbersToken_YonasIronPaw.png (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
FadingEmbersToken_YonasIronPaw.png
2MB, 2000x2000px
>>50767755
In hindsight, I could have given this bear the stone axe.
>>
>>50767596

I like. Having the claw up top suggests the lizards eventual ascendance over all.
>>
File: FadingEmbersToken_YonasVanguard.png (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
FadingEmbersToken_YonasVanguard.png
2MB, 2000x2000px
>>50767776
Actually, I have ideas for the rest that I'll post here and fetch some coffee before continuing working on them.
Feedback would be much appreciated.
..he says while posting at 2 in the morning.

Remaining bears:
Skirmisher = Javelin weapon
Elite Skirmisher = Javelin weapon + warpaint?
Tree whisperer = Green Magic Paws + Wall of Wood?
Earth Shaper = Amber Magic Paws + Alter Terrain?
Earth Shaker = Amber Magic Paws + Tremors
Shaman = Red Magic Paws + Warpaint?
Cloud gatherer = Neon Magic Paws + Mist Noxious cloud?
Storm caller = Blue Magic Paws + Hailstorm Lightning?
Wandering Male = Stone Axe? + Shaggy? + Bloody Teeth?
Experienced Wanderer = Stone Axe? + Shaggy? + Bloody Teeth?
Lord of the Wilds = Heavy Warpaint + Stone Axe? + (undrawn)Armor?

I was planning on drawing up simple wooden armor but didn't have time last night.
>>
File: FadingEmbersToken_YonasVeteran.png (3MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
FadingEmbersToken_YonasVeteran.png
3MB, 2000x2000px
>>50767816
This one's my favorite.

Damn, the thumbnails still look too damn similar.
I might need to armor them just to tell them apart.
>>
>>50767840
Armor ideas:
Basic = Naked
Ironpaw = Wooden Arm Armor
Vanguard = Wooden glaives and Arm Amor
Veteran = Wooden Armor full set
Skirmisher = Wood and Bone armor
Elite Skirmisher = Wood and bone armor with skull helmet
Mages = Various scraps of bone armor
Wandering Male = Ragged armor
Experience Wanderer = Patched Armor
Lord of the Wilds = Full set of painted armor
>>
>>50767898

I like it. Deer skull with antlers skullcap requested for at least one of them please.
>>
>>50767925
>Deer skull with antlers skullcap requested for at least one of them please.
Sure. Seems like a fine chapeau for an Experienced Wanderer to me.
Or probably better yet the Shaman.
>>
>>50767965

Thank you.
>>
>>50767898
This is great! Thanks, keep up the amazing work.
>>
File: FadingEmbersTokenYonasArmor.png (484KB, 1371x1677px) Image search: [Google]
FadingEmbersTokenYonasArmor.png
484KB, 1371x1677px
>>50767898
Well the good news is that I drew the armor.
The bad news is that I won't be able to equip the ursine buggers until Thursday.
But, there is a very real possibility that we'll have enough Tokens for some bear-on-bear violence by christmas
>>
>>50769407
This is great, I'll do some editing and remove the background so we can just copy and paste it on.
>>
>>50770614
Groovy.
I was gonna shop on full antlers too, I ran out of paper.
Anyone can feel free to chop and shop these beers.
There was a less clean image of the weapons and hands last thread too.
>>
>>50770767
I'll see what I can do.
>>
File: 1481975727128.png (289KB, 1078x756px) Image search: [Google]
1481975727128.png
289KB, 1078x756px
>>50770767
>There was a less clean image of the weapons and hands last thread too.
>>50771823
>I'll see what I can do.
Here is the image I was talking about.
>>
>>50773191
Will Do, right after work.
>>
>>50767596

I'm digging this symbol. I like what this anon is saying: >>50767657

I think the only change I can think of is turning the claw mark down. This way it shows the Lizardfolk ruling those below them, and kinda matches with the antler horns to make a point on the top.
>>
>>50765314
This. Not having to worry about turnovers is goign to be huge. Most of your units should be getting 2-3 actions on your turns, and having high quality units means more punishing reactions.
>>
Has anyone fluffed out the competing factions in Vistami?

Think I might write something up in a bit.
>>
>>50757170
One of Yonas clan should be practicing some form dark druidism, they decides against hibernation instead they raid others for slaves that they bury alive to land to give it life force so they can grow they food in it so long they feed land constantly. This sacrificial systems is't problem free every year they would need more and more bodys to feed the land and if they let land go barren it's cant be revived anymore, If land that has tasted blood goes barren dark things start happening. Other Clans shun this practice and even fear it.
>>
>>50774090
Empire that is ruled by immortal ruler that has had many many children there tend to be some relay remarkable children, thees remarkable spawns of immortals should be reverted like saints. Artisan union of Vistami praise one of sons that was most amazing demons smith land has ever seen. every great child of Archon has died mysteriously when they gain enough fame.

One factions should be cult like faction that revers first born Archon as their savior. Only elite and oldest people remember this golden heir that was to move empire forward after Archon become decadent, there were even talk of coup to replace Archon but one day First born disappeared. Few in empire know what happened, ruling elite send demons to kill first born, but even fewer know what happened after this, followers of first born used demoninc magic to keep first born alive but he is locked deep in catacombs of capital city, he's body couldn't handle demonic magic and went in coma. First born is still alive but in coma and followers of first born to this day are looking suitable host body for first born and are currently eyeing princess Rialta.
>>
So, say we actually get everything ready, get all the models, and finish up statblocks... what then? We should have someone run a campaign for the setting, maybe stream it over twitch... I would, but work is crazy for the next two months for me.
>>
>>50775867
Well, as I understand it, the system is designed for wargaming.
(I gotta read up on the system)
There was mention of using it for an rpg, but we decided on one thing at a time.
Unless you were talking about a massive war campaign, then never mind, good idea.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
File: embers.jpg (3KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
embers.jpg
3KB, 259x194px
Fanning the fading embers...
>>
>>50776050
The system has a setting and scenarios set in place to run through the game. Basically think of it as a sort of CYOA that ha that tells a story. Goblins vs. Dwarves. If Dwarves win, they go on to fight the undead, if not, the goblins go on to fight the halflings, deciding various turning points in the course of a war or adventure. It's something like a one man D&D party.
>>
File: dark centaur.jpg (63KB, 564x752px) Image search: [Google]
dark centaur.jpg
63KB, 564x752px
>>50775867
If anyone is in New York City (or close by, I live in Jersey City), and is loving this setting, I would like to meet up and play a few games.
>>
Is there a PDF of ASoBaH floating around? I wouldn't mind helping with crunch.
>>
>>50778464
There's a link to the PDF Share thread and a link to the Hammer and Anvil supplement here: >>50747544

The core book is in Da Archive.

Also check the previous threads for the statblocks, though with the supplement those are subject to change.
>>
>>50773944
Looking over the statlines and thinking about it, a lot of playing Preserver's is going to be managing the 5 or so guys you have, and knowing the enemy armies well. You have to know which of them are worth going after with Order Knights, and which you should engage with Knights or Aspirants. In addition, taking advantage of your special abilities whenever you can is a must, since you have to try and at least knockdown in every round of action you go for. I wasn't too fond of them before due to the way I normally run lists, but I want to give them a shot or two to switch it up a bit.

>>50775867
I'd offer to do one of these, but I'm enlisting at the end of next moth, and will have to survive that first.

Really digging those Yonas tokens. Might have to drum up a list for them too.
>>
File: Less_100_years_in_paint.png (4KB, 307x368px) Image search: [Google]
Less_100_years_in_paint.png
4KB, 307x368px
So, a quicker mock-up I went with for the Inverse symbol is pic. Went with a Septagram, mainly because I never see them use, and the alchemic symbol for purity because lel. Purposely draw it out of proportion because they don't care so much about the perfect nature of the world anymore. Read: I'm shit at drawing properly Might stand a bit of dressing up, a different type of engram, or different symbols in it. Thoughts?
>>
I was also thinking about potential symbols for the minor factions. They might not be used until expansions, but could be used as emblems for them in the interim so they have SOMETHING to help break up the texts in lore.

>Berustia (Lyonessen? Sirasea? Both were alternates I liked the ring of)

Maritime symbol. Anchor with harpoon crossed over. Nets or tridents may work as well. Maybe a cutlass? A thought was anchor with harpoon and cutlass crossed to reflect how they make a living from whaling, sailing and raiding, but it may be too busy. If going for a coat of arms-like one, a motto like "Masters of the open waters" may work. Something with a bit of bravado and pomp.

>Restavian Remnants

Since we were basing them with French Gallic roots, perhaps a fleur-de-lis or lion rampant was the original country emblem. Whichever one it is, enclose it in a gear, to show that they are still proud of their past, and embraced technology to grasp the future.

>Sorcerous Enclave

Whichever emblem we went with for the Restavians, as they were each a part of the same country in the past. If you want to differentiate between them, have the animal facing the other direction, and include a token of magery. All-seeing-eyes, celestial bodies, or books and candles would be a start.

>Dwarfs & Giant nomads

It should be a debased form of whatever emblem they might've had to begin with. A kite shield with hammer for the original, and a blaze or split lines showing how they fractured? Maybe an anvil instead? Some thing that was a symbol of strength, and splintered like their strength is now. Considering that the armour fragments the Giants wear is made from stone, a chisel and mallet might work too.
>>
File: Scrubbed_Yonas_Paw.png (15KB, 107x140px) Image search: [Google]
Scrubbed_Yonas_Paw.png
15KB, 107x140px
>>50764228
>>50766596
>>50766596

Scrubbed the knots from the toes, and kept the palm in. Still a bit too busy, or should it be fine now?

Will post examples of Josephine knots and other plaits later for potential borders.
>>
>>50780112
So, this symbol is likely drawn up not by the Inverse themselves, but the Centaurs, so it'd probably be from their perspective... perhaps a symbol for "devour" or "consume" or "undeath"

>>50781516
Looks good, though I may adjust one of the claws to be opposable.
>>
>>50780355
Looks great! I'll definitely have to mull this over while I work on the main faction symbols.
>>
I'm going to commit the last bump in an hour or two, so if the thread dies before tomorrow, that's why. We're in a bit of a lull where things just need to get done at this point. Someone needs to make a wiki page, I've got symbols to get done, Art-anon has the tokens, and there's still the need for someone who owns Tabletop Simulator so we can get all the 3d models we need. It's to the point where before we can keep on posting on here, everything else needs to get done off-thread.
>>
>>50783106
Alrighty. I revised the one I chucked up for the Inverse earlier with the symbol for decomposition. It's a bit more appropriate, since it's not just death for organics, but the breaking down of everything via entropy.
>>
>>50783190
Looks good. I'll use this one for inverse then.
>>
>>50779333
>Really digging those Yonas tokens
Thanks Capt. Trips!
>>
File: Dwarven_emblem_1.png (6KB, 272x318px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarven_emblem_1.png
6KB, 272x318px
>>50784412
>Thanks Capt. Trips!
Thanks you Creator of Bears. Now this bear will leave two forms of dwarf emblems before leaving. The Golden Orchard needs this Bear
>>
>>50780355
Regarding the name for Berustia, perhaps the name should be something close to the original name, since people are used to it. What about something like Berun?
>>
File: Dwarven_emblem_2.png (6KB, 272x318px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarven_emblem_2.png
6KB, 272x318px
>>50784550
>>
>>50784560
Well, Baruna is an old Indian (sanskrit?) term for Ocean, so Barrun/Varrun could be an 'europeanized' equivalent. The State of Varrun, of the Varruni - sounds cool.
>>
>>50784872
I agree, though I prefer Barrun/Barruni over Varrun/Varruni. Barunburg is also possible if we want to give the name German/Hanseatic touch.
>>
I'm loving this.
>>
>>50784872
I say Varrun, It's spelled less like Bear.
>>
>>50787458
I agree.
>>
>>50787458
Although that makes two factions beginning with V, if that matters.
>>
File: Paraworldgeneral.jpg (492KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Paraworldgeneral.jpg
492KB, 1024x768px
>>50757170
Do the Lizardmen ride dinosaurs? because i think they should
>>
>>50789355
So far, they possibly ride gazelles, giant komodo dragons, or my idea: komodo gazelles, which I call gazebos.
Just kidding about the name.
Who would put a gazebo into a traditional game?
>>
File: mongollizardtry.png (176KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mongollizardtry.png
176KB, 1000x1000px
>>50789355
>>50757170

Ok now that im seeing youre doing some sprites here >>50767816
I took something ive made for a project of mine and added a bit of pseudo mongolian flair to it.

I literaly learned about this project 10 minutes ago so nothing too distinct, mostly my own thing shines through but maybe you work with that, dunno.
>>
>>50789898
Also the colours are weird because gimp is shit and i am lazy, i guess one could easily recolour that to be more pale and to have the teamcolours be bluish purple
>>
>>50789915
Can you remove the shield at all, so we have two arms to work with?
>>
>>50790613
i made the shield just for this, i can give you a raw version with just the scale patterns and basic lineart, i dont have a head done tho.
>>
File: Lizardraw.png (76KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Lizardraw.png
76KB, 1000x1000px
>>50790807
>>50790613
Note this template is probably gonna come up in some further stuff aswell and right now some of the scale patters are missing due to me using them for a specific outfit.

Adding colour and some armor shouldnt be too hard to do, i never went around doing a head but i made some attempts that you can use if you want.
Ill post em after this.
>>
File: crokdude.png (410KB, 4000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
crokdude.png
410KB, 4000x1000px
>>50790893
>>50790807
>>50790613

This head could work, its a bit more on the crocodilian side.
>>
File: minmalstyletry7.png (518KB, 4000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
minmalstyletry7.png
518KB, 4000x1000px
>>50790922
actually fuck it, heres the rest of the template, i meant to post it at some point anyway, maybe it helps. Made it for an RPG to easily add weapons and armor but it can probably work for this too.
>>
>>50791096
Thanks.
>>
>>50757170
Damn, this looks pretty rad.
>>
>>50794152
Thank you. Feel free to give input at any time. This is a collaborative project, so the more the merrier.
>>
>>50780355

>Whichever emblem we went with for the Restavians, as they were each a part of the same country in the past. If you want to differentiate between them, have the animal facing the other direction, and include a token of magery. All-seeing-eyes, celestial bodies, or books and candles would be a start.

Didn't somebody have the idea in the last couple threads that the Sorcerors were their own kingdom, just like the Northmen, and they both bent knee to the High King of Restavia?
>>
>>50767596

If I had to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the Yin-Yang in there. I like that the Diluvial symbol is like secretly a river, since the fact that they protect fresh water sources is a closely guarded secret, and I like how the Mountain on top of the steps looks like a Temple. But the YinYang looks pretty out of place compared to the other two since they're natural features and its an abstract symbol, and one borrowed from The Real World as well. I get that its supposed to be the moon, but I can't say it works for me. Remember, the Celestials aren't based on heavenly bodies, they're based on the open skies, which was a central element to Tengriism and other spiritual aspects of Mongolian culture.

Not sure how one represents an open sky with geometric shapes, but the River one worked out pretty good.

I am amused that it looks like the Soyombo. The sanscrit word that word is derived from translates as "Self-created," which is highly on point. We should appropriate that name for the banner. I do like odd Proper Nouns for random things as cultural oddities.
>>
>>50795547
Huh, yeah, it kinda looks like yin/yang, but at first I thought it's to symbolize the moon as mastering both day and night (as >>50767458 pointed out).
Feel free to modify it as you please, though.
>>
These are the best of times. The worst of times. The only times remaining.

I stand on the shores of Last River. Dust still cakes my uniform, but the whites and creams and beiges of my camouflage almost gleam near black waters. I can't sleep. I can't speak. I must have faith my pen will bring exorcism, and drive out this demon men call "Waste Shock."

It is a topic of endless discussion. In the salons and galleries and theaters at the river's source, the Marquis and their artists, their beloved Advanced Guard, spend endless hours philosophizing about what makes the human heart break out in the endless sands. Those they are charged to inspire to innovation, the Technocrats who design and invent salvation, theorize endlessly on the chemical and electrical limits of the body, and what overwhelms them. They both congratulate themselves on their contradictory conclusions and order a fresh bottle of wine, looking toward more important concerns.

At the river's mouth, every foundry and factory and drydock oozes with opinion, as much a byproduct of the assembly lines as the waste they flush out to sea. Refugees mingle their musings with the home-grown 'wisdom,' of our proletariat. Their conclusions about those with Waste Shock are perhaps the most toxic thing made there.

Here in the center, it is not spoken of. Not amid the smoke of the Tributary Dams nor the laughter from the basement bistros found under every apartment tower. Not amid the blaring brass of the cabarets nor the sultry smoke of the nightclubs nor the roar of the bicycle raceways. Here, where the Garrisons guard the borders and the Expeditions set out daily seeking coal and ore, the people fear this demon. They fear how many who protect them it might infect. They even use another name, for Waste Shock is too terrifying to speak of. A name derived from our battledress, our fatigues.

We are the Fatigued. Strangers in our own home. Last line between Man and End.

-"A Tale of Three Cities," Year of the End 682
>>
>>50798403

this is my attempt at salvaging the "Post-WWI Lost Generation Belle-Epoque-Nostalgia," concept that was tossed around for the Remnant in the last thread btw. I just ran out of room for explaining it.
>>
Dice+2d6
>>
>>50766323
You realize you've just made the Lyrans from BattleTech, right? Archon, first, etc.
>>
>>50798445
What was the roll for?
>>
>>50798403
>>50798420
This was great, did we reach a conclusion regarding the question of whether the Restravian Remnant invents and innovates technologically or just uses old tech from Restravia or !not Atlantis?
>>
>>50801409

If we want to go with a WW1 France aesthetic, some technological innovation is really needed. But I think the two can be reconciled. My thinking is that the majority of their tech is Old Stuff that they can neither replicate nor properly repair. However, what they can invent is new ways to keep the old shit going. They can't make a crystal power matrix, but they can make a steam engine and strap it on the outside of a tank to keep it partially mobile. They can't make the metal which the old submersible fleet is made from for hull repairs, but they can make something that's good enough that the things can still work at a fraction of its full potential. Etc.

It keeps their tech ramshackle and barely holding together, but allows for some room for them to be a technologically progressive race. It also makes Pre-End tech ten times more valuable to them, because not only can they use it if its whole, it might provide them with totally unique spare parts they can't produce, or get their scientists one step further up the tech tree so they can make better rivets or whatever to keep their shitty wrecks running one more day.
>>
>>50801819
This seems like a good solution, keeps the post WW1 feeling while keeping the sense of stagnation and futility.

Would they have a one hundred percent gunpowder-based army, or would they have cheap melee footsoldiers such as pikemen as well?
>>
>>50802205

I still want Flamethrowers as a basic troop option darn it!

I feel like for a tech-based civ in a setting where other civs have limited access to advanced tech (even the Zelthans have some guns after all), having the whole army be gunpowder (OR FLAMETHROWER) based is the best course. Their guns shouldn't be old tech however, since Restavia is supposed to be this idyllic kingdom where medieval fantasy and technology and sorcery all mixed together. I have a hard time imagining their army using GUNS in the traditional sense instead of crazy Final Fantasy tech. So if the basic Remnant trooper uses a gun, its a gun the Remnant invented. Probably one of the pinnacles of their science since its not something they just stuck a shitty patch on to keep it working and can actually mass produce themselves.
>>
>>50801819
I agree and feel this should be a general guide to the faction.

>>50802288
Hey dubdub, you make some solid points about their weapons and we need to decide how much their forces are dominated by firearms or FIREarms.
I should consult that roadblock anon drew up.
But I'm gonna sleep instead.
As for the guns themselves, perhaps a less powerful form of pic related?
>>
>>50802616
statblock, not roadblock.
Sleep now
>>
>>50802288
>>50802616
While I agree that firepower should be a central part of the revenant army, and that flamethrowers are rad I still feel like they should have some sort of close quarter troop, not just "muskets, but with bayonets!" As for flamethrowers having a too large amount might easily become silly, if say one in ten or fifteen Restravians soldiers carry a flamethrower it might work but if the half the army has one it is too much. Flamethrowers should also be fearsome, deadly weapons of war, and having masses of them would mean they would have to be downgraded for balance-reasonsx which would not be great.
>>
>>50803454
>if the half the army has one it is too much. Flamethrowers should also be fearsome, deadly weapons of war, and having masses of them would mean they would have to be downgraded for balance-reasonsx which would not be great
This was my thinking exactly.
>>
>>50801819

Ooh, I like this, I like this a lot.
>>
>>50805821
>>50802616
I still haven't taken the time to find and read the books, but I was able to find that the system does have flamethrowers:
>Dragon Ale Flamethrower (P) (15)
The value and scope of implementing them is still worth debating.
By somebody more knowledgeable than me.
>>
>>50806039
Dragon Ale Flamethrower (P)

A model armed with a Dragon Ale
Flamethrower carries a large barrel of ale
on wheels with a foot pump mechanism.
He wears protective plates to avoid burning
his hair and beard. The user is limited to
moving a maximum of 1 x Short movement
action per turn, and he cannot climb
obstacles unless he decides to leave the
weapon behind. With one action, the model
can spray a 1 x Medium deep and 1 x Short
wide cone of flames. Only one spray per
turn may be fired. Reactions may not be
used to spray flames.
The ranged attack hits at C4, ignoring
non-magical armor (such as the Heavily
Armored Trait) and any Block Trait (including
Magic Block). The flame hits any figure in the
cone. Models in
Dragon Armor roll at +3 to
C against the flame spray. An attack from the
Flamethrower will automatically destroy any
Wall of Ice within the cone. A disarming Trait may be used to knock the
operator’s torch from his hands. A torch that
falls in water terrain goes out
and may be
relit during the game only if touched by
another torch or a flaming creature (a Wall
of Fire or a fire-based creature, like a fire
elemental or salamander), by the use of a
Fire-based spell, or by the Dragon Fire Trait.
If the Flamethrower operator is killed by an
attack performed with the Dragon Fire Trait, a
Hand Grenade, a fire-based spell, or by
another Flamethrower, roll a die. On a 1 or 2,
the barrel explodes and all models within 1 x
Short radius are automatically hit by a C5
attack.
The ale in the barrel is a powerful drink. The
user may use one action to spray a good
draught in the mouth of a friendly dwarf in
base-to-base contact. That dwarf receives the
Drunkard Trait for the duration of his next
activation.
A barrel contains enough ale to last
through a battle.
>>
>>50806131
Don't you just hate copying text out of a two-column page on a PDF?
>>
>>50806144
>Don't you just hate copying text out of a two-column page on a PDF?
I do.
I was working on adapting GURPS magic to my homebrew system and I copied the relevant spell descriptions into an excel doc.
Pain in the ass.
>>
>>50807895
I might post that spell list of I find it presentable and anyone's interested.

Though the GURPS General would probably be a better place.
>>
>>50803454
>>50805821

If we're going for a WW1 tech aesthetic, I'm wondering if there are rules for Poison Gas in this game.

Also, if you want a cool techy option for a melee unit, I've got two words for you: Pile Bunker. It worked great in Bloodborne.
>>
>>50811818
>Pile Bunker
This could work and fits in wonderfully with sreamtech.

>Google image search for Pile Bunker
>Why are they mostly wielded by little girls?
>>
>>50813468
I fixed that typo, damnit.
Fine. Sreamtech from sreampunk, using heated water as sream.
>>
>>50798403
>bicycle raceways
I love this bit.
It's like an anachronistic rotary phone in a limousine.
>>
>>50816560

When researching the Belle Epoque and subsequent nostalgia for it in the 20s, I noted that horse racing was a favorite passtime of the societal elite in the former and that the Tour De France enjoyed a huge boom in popularity during the later. I also figured that while breeding horses just for racing would be pretty dumb in an apocalyptic ice desert world, bicycles are pretty cheap to produce when you've got light industry and not exactly the pinnacle of technology in terms of difficulty to invent/reinvent.
>>
File: dwarfminerwithsteamdrill.jpg (114KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dwarfminerwithsteamdrill.jpg
114KB, 1024x768px
>>50811818
>>50813468
The pile Bunker seems pretty cool, maybe we could fluff it as a mining drill and change the aesthetic a bit to look like pic related?
>>
>>50820460

Making them drills would kind of defeat the purpose of them being Pile Bunkers. There's nothing wrong with drills but they're kind of cliche.
>>
>>50820744
While I agree it would be a bit cliche, it makes more thematic sense as they would need to get coal for their machines. I personally find like bunkers harder to justify, remember that they still used swords in WWI in the form of cavalry and the pile bunkers just seem too modern, while a drill is not as out of place.

Speaking of cavalry, maybe the Remnant should have dragoons or hussars (not the winged kind) as a cavalry unit?
>>
>>50820789

Horse mounted cavalry seems out of character for the army. Any mounted units they have should be mechanized, and I feel like they should be limited to troop transport/tank sized vehicles from a "feeling" perspective.
>>
>>50821062
Sure, I see your point, I was just thinking it would fit from a wwI/belle epoque perspevtive. I was thinking a small amount of Hussars would be used as scouts or something akin to that.
>>
>>50821094

I recall suggestions of a super-elite scout unit in the original discussions on The Fatigued. I could certainly see the possibility of a unit with a wide range of unusual equipment options of which you can take any 3 or something, including animal mounts, to represent that idea. The guys they send out into the wastes to scout for resources, verify travel routes and rapidly redeploy to hot zones.
>>
Bumping this thread, yo
>>
>>50821206
This sounds cool, any suggestions for equipment options?
>>
>>50820789
Stylistically, I'd prefer Pile Bunkers to Drills.
Honestly though, we'd need to fluff explain the military use of either.
>>
>>50821206
>>50821094
>>50821062
>Any mounted units they have should be mechanized
Regarding mounts, from a theme perspective, I agree they should be mechanized.

Primarily, the Lizards should be the "Mounted Faction".
>>
>>50825829
1) You adapt your tools into weapons, same as traditional dwarves that use War - Picks and Hammers.

2) It looks pretty fucking cool.
>>
>>50829475
3) 'Cause the chicks dig it.
>>
>>50825829

Pile Drivers, the base technology a theoretical Pile Bunker would be based on, is technology that goes back to Ancient Rome if not earlier, so there's no reason they couldn't have invented it. Its a weaponization of an existing tool technology, nothing more nothing less. The same thing would go for a drill.

As for why, the answer is pretty facially obvious: the threats of the wasteland and the enemies they face are more than the strength of a normal man's arm can cope with. They have no super soldiers, no special magic at their disposal. The Remnant's people are the most normal human beings left on the planet, so all they have to deal with threats that humans are no match for is their technology.

If a spear in the hands of a simple soldier can't keep his loved ones safe, you better believe he'll strap a pneumatic engine on that bastard to change that equation.
>>
>>50829393
While yes, the Lizards should be the mounted faction, this however, shouldn't lead to no other factions having cavalry, the Visamti for example should in my opinion have access to cataphracts.

The remnant having Hussars would make sense thematically as well considering their ww1 theme.
>>
>>50830103

well the Visamti do have heavy calvary, and the dragons have the centaurs. I did offer to do dragoon statblocks for the remnant, but at the time it was decided that they didn't need them. We can revisit the notion if everyone agrees we should.
>>
>>50830122
My bad, I did not check the statblocks, and didn't think of the centaurs as cavalry for some reason, still, while several people disagree, I personally think that dragoons/hussars are a good idea.
>>
>>50830166
If they're supposed to stay a minor faction. I wouldn't add too many units.
>>
>>50830103

Agreed on this. Although I think the Centaurs were not given the Mounter characteristic. Its been too long since I looked at their army list. I'm sure some of them are "cavalry," but the majority of them aren't I think.

I think the Remnant just having some mechanization options rather than Cavalry (outside of the Elite Scouts we were considering) makes the most sense. The Visamti having Cavalry options is sensible, especially since "demonic cavalry," was one of the first suggestions about them.

Do the Preservers have any mounted options? They are knights, but I kind of prefer the idea of them just being sentinels marching through endless deserts on their neverending crusade. If the Dragons have any "cavalry," Centaurs they're the minority of their forces. The Bears I also haven't looked at their list for a while, but the only thing like Cavalry they should have is if its an option for those Exiled Wanderers, since they're supposed to be the self-sufficient ranger types.

The Dwarves obviously shouldn't have Cavalry other than if they're riding their giants into battle. Which just leaves the Whalers. I don't know if this is an option in this system's rules, but I always imagined they would have the ability to deploy from multiple sides of the board throughout the course of the game to represent marines being deployed from ships to supplement their basic militia forces, and also to have catapult/cannon/magic fire support from off-board ships. I'm not sure if I can envision a mounted cavalry option for them though.
>>
>>50830262

We never really defined what being a "minor faction," means. It could mean only having a limited unit pool, but it could also mean something else. Or we could just drop the distinction if we get enough ideas to make the faction full-fledged, as might be the case with the Remnant considering the focus they've been getting.
>>
>>50830377
Off map artillery sounds cool.

If the rules don't have it, maybe a "Spotter/Artillerist" with Wizard spells fluffed as off map artillery.

You could do the same thing with Summoning units from off the board.
>>
>>50830628
>Summoning units from off the board
Speaking of "off this board", I shall not let this thread fall off the board.
I plan to post more bears later tonight.
>>
I've been working on some writefaggotry for the Berustians/whatever we end up changing their names to. I've been focusing on this notion from a few earlier posts about how they have a LOT of salt laying around because they mass-desalinate sea-water in big whale-oil fueled boilers to have enough drinking water to survive. One of the things that interested me in that little subfaction was the idea of combining Japanese with Scandinavian culture with the focus being their mutual interest in whaling, and we all know how important salt is to shinto ritualism, so I think that's a great angle for that. I need to do more reading on the histories and cultures of the Netherlands, Norway and Iceland though, since those are the three Northern-European cultures I've picked for the Scandinavian elements.

I'm not a huge expert on that part of the world, so any help would be appreciated. Right now I'm just reading about whaling specifically.
>>
File: FadingEmbersToken_YonasIronPaw.png (3MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
FadingEmbersToken_YonasIronPaw.png
3MB, 2000x2000px
Defending your right to bear arms
>>
File: FadingEmbersToken_YonasVanguard.png (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
FadingEmbersToken_YonasVanguard.png
2MB, 2000x2000px
..And legs for that matter.
>>
File: FadingEmbersToken_YonasVeteran.png (3MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
FadingEmbersToken_YonasVeteran.png
3MB, 2000x2000px
>>
>>50834673
>>50834808
>>50834729

Looks amazing Art-anon. Thanks for all your efforts.
>>
>>50830377
Methinks the Preservers don't use cavalry, they can run real fast due to divine mutations.

>>50834196
2 cents: rock salt shotguns. Or blunderbusses. They have salt and they will use it in their weaponry!
Also it would be rich if salt was a very valuable commodity in the beforetimes. Now they got so much of it they don't know what to do with it.

Also captcha has donated a country name for thy perusal: Gestoria.
>>
>>50835244

I know I already floated the idea of Priestesses using Salt Magic to instantly rust the shit out of ironclad hulls, as well as any other overly-metal things. Enchanting swords and other melee weapons with salt to cause agonizing pain in wounds would be pretty neat too. A sword crusted with rock salt like a martini glass is a mildly amusing thought to me.

Also, the problem with Berustia in the first place was the -ia ending making it sound too much like Restavia. If I had a vote I'd lean toward something that sounds Dutch or Icelandic, lots of Nordic consonants and such.
>>
>>50835309
Well a bit up I suggested something with Varuna/Baruna as a base. Barrun, Varrun. Or find a non-european word for 'port' and europinize it.
>>
>>50835244

Preservers have no calvary, but there is one of the four orders that mutated to run real fast, as represented by having the "Long-move" rule.

>>50830377

There was some debate at the time, but ultimately the centaurs were given the mounted rule.

I can repost the stat blocks here if people need them, i have them all in the original word file still.
>>
>>50835042
No problem, anon.
>>
For the Deer Skull fan
>>
>>50835567

Oh hell yes. Thank you anon, that is perfect. I love these tokens.
>>
Taking a break after this one.
>>
>>50835970
>>50835567
>>50835393
These are great anon! Keep up the good work
>>
>>50836159
Will do.
>>
>>
File: FadingEmbersToken_YonasShaman.png (3MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
FadingEmbersToken_YonasShaman.png
3MB, 2000x2000px
>>
Improvised the mask at the last second.
>>
quality stuff will keep my eyes open for this in the future
>>
>>50836742
I think I'll go back and add eye magic to this shaman later.
>>
>>50839266
I should be able to knock out the rest of the statted gear units tonight.
>>
>>50841209
*Bear units
Gear units come later.

Actually, what Faction should I make tokens for next?
Knights, dragons, cenetaurs, and dwarves might be easier to find 3d models of.

Lizards?
Wizards?
Gizzards?
>>
>>50841270
Knights might be harder than you think considering the mutations, but it might be a good idea to start with lizards.
>>
>>50841270
>>50841774

i second lizards
>>
>>50764873
>>50765141
I was checking out the remnant army list, and saw that almost every single unit have the "group fighter" which is a personality trait. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought you only could spend up to half your points on personalities. Isnt this a problem or is there something i've misunderstood?
>>
I gotta learn these rules.
>>
File: FadingEmbersToken_YonasShaman.png (3MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
FadingEmbersToken_YonasShaman.png
3MB, 2000x2000px
Retouched the Shaman
>>
>>50849469
This is really great. Thanks!
>>
>>50844674
It might be an interesting idea to state that X Trait doesn't count as a Personality trait for each faction, which might make the choice between factions more juicy.
>>
>>50850259
This is an interesting idea, but we need to know what, if anything, that does to the balance of the game.

Also, Lightning Bear.
>>
>>50850652
Well, if we assume it's a Personality Trait, then it's something that is of a higher tier than normal traits, and if X rule prevents game from breaking, we have to account for X rule being abused as much as possible(AKA Every unit having said trait)

Because it's limited, not excluded, it doesn't exactly ruin the balance. More just shifts power, kicks the game up a notch.

So, if we were to do it, some good guidelines might be:

1) the trait for each faction must have the same point cost.

2) They must all have a similar level of benefit for each group.

3) the ability's effects or impact shouldn't snowball if more units have it. Exception: Group traits that require such, though I believe those are all non-Personality by design.
>>
>>50850720
This makes sense.
I don't fully understand how difficult it would be implement because I still haven't read the rules.
But it sounds like it could be scaled evenly.
The question becomes, "Is it worth the trouble?"

Also, Raggedy Bear.
>>
>>50851230
Ain't we a pair?
>>
And finally, Lord of the Motherfucking Wilds.

And that is it for the Yonas Brothers tokens.

I might draw up a lizard tomorrow, or just faff about for Christmas.
But either way that'll be it for art until the 29th.
I'll still be about, but not drawing.
I might even have a moment to read up on these rules.
>>
>>50851762
Great job on the bears! The rules are actually quite easy to learn, but there are a ghastly amount of special rules.
>>
>>50844674

Well shit, i done goofed. I'll got back and fix it later today. I'm new to the system, only learned it for this, forgive me please.
>>
>>50853269
Its okay man, I also only noticed this because I also recently read the rules just for this, perhaps troopers and grenadiers could have "gang" instead, or would it not fit the army?

We could also do what previous anons have considered and name one personality trait for each faction that no longer counts as a P-trait.
>>
>>50853269
>>50853304
drilled, good shot and fire into melee are also possible traits to replace some of the weaker troops' group wighter.
>>
>>50760159
>saxon "cross"
I rate it 8/8.
>>
>>50851762
>>50852573
Yeah, this is in many ways the Gurps of Skirmish Wargames, but every trait is pretty consistent, and it's still fsirly simple, so it's mostly just a Rules Medium game.
>>
File: DSCN1898.jpg (211KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1898.jpg
211KB, 1600x1200px
>>50853269
>Well shit, i done goofed.
No qorri. Goofing is part of how shit gets done.
>We're all goofs down here...
>>
>>50855207
>No qorri.
>No worries.
Case in point.
>>
I suppose I could address the issues in the OP at some point.
>>
>>
Merry Christmas Fading Embers!
>>
>>50863177
Merry Christmas Anon. You know what, I'm just going to splurge tomorrow and buy TTS. FREE 3D MODELS FOR EVERYONE!!!
>>
>>50865044
Actually, perusing through the models, it looks like there's several suitable model packs for most factions:

Zelthen: Dark Souls Models and WHFB Empire pack.

Visamti: Spartacus Arena Models

Lizardmen: WHFB Lizardmen. may take some re-skinning to make white.

Yonas: Skyrim Bear Models, plus the one I posted already in an earlier thread. bears aren't too common.

Inverse: Nothing really suitable except for the Dark Souls Dragon Model. Gonna have to make this one using other bits and pieces from the net.

There's still a couple of bits and pieces missing, like Cultists/Casters/Clerics for various factions, but between this and Open Game Art... Well, It won't actually be too hard to field an army.
>>
Christmas Bump.
>>
File: 64643082.jpg (56KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
64643082.jpg
56KB, 230x230px
Yonas Yule bump
>>
>>50865230

glorious.
>>
>>50872142
>>50865230
>>50865044
It is indeed a Christmas miracle.
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.