[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 14

File: maxresdefault.jpg (352KB, 1920x1080px)
maxresdefault.jpg
352KB, 1920x1080px
What went wrong?
>>
>>50751505

Did it go wrong? It's just now a thing, yah?
>>
Performance mostly but this is the wrong board
>>
>>50751505

I don't think it did. Pretty good game. If I had people to play with it'd be even better. Good visuals, good gun sounds, very satisfying amount of gore, it's pretty much exactly what I was expecting and hoping for.

>>50751557

No it's not, we talk about /tg/ related video games all the time here.
>>
I heard it was unoptimized trash

game devs need to learn that gameplay comes first, visuals come second
>>
>>50751712
Probably relates to the framerate issues, whenever there is a horde of enemies (there will be) you can expect rather drastic drops in framerates to occur. For a game where you primarily go down tiny corridors or massive rooms filled with hordes, this can be a problem.
>>
I noticed it's not coming out on consoles until 2017. Big fixes coming up?

>>50751573
>No it's not, we talk about /tg/ related video games all the time here.
/v/ memes stay on /v/, and "What went wrong?" is, in fact, a /v/ meme that's asking solely for trouble.
>>
>>50751505
Very very poor optimization and A.I. that isn't very attentive at times.
>>
>>50751505
it was a 40k game that tried to be an action game instead of a strategy game.
>>
>>50751868

It's Streum On AND WH40k, it passes the Commander Keen Rule. But I concur, it's a /v/-tier OP made of cancer and should GB2/v/.
>>
>>50751953

Except that wasn't a problem for Space Marine, that game was fucking great.

The problem with Deathwing is that it's all form, no substance. The gunplay is just bad.
>>
>>50751505
Poor optimization, but that'll be fixed with patches. As far as the game itself, I have no complaints.
>>
>>50751712
>I heard it was
>I haven't actually played this game, but I'm going to tell you all my opinion anyway
>>
>>50751505
Less actual content than Vermintide.
Literally just "you're in a level, kill things that are preventing you from doing objectives"
What's a narrative?

Massive letdown.

>graphics issues
Didn't have any. That doesn't mean they don't exist however.
>>
>>50752218
I have few to point out that could be a problem if Streum On doesn't add more content later being the enemy variety. This is a shooter more so than anything else, the rpg is just the extra. It's not the real meat and potatoes of the gameplay, the gunplay is. For this reason, you need a plentiful amount of enemy variety and right now Deathwing really doesn't. Genestealers; Broodlords, Lictors(?), and cultists is not enough enemy variety. Enemies, we need enemies.
>>
Why can GW not just make a CoD clone with Imperial Guard?
>>
>>50752349

Because even CoD fans would find a game branded 'Astra Militarum' a fucking joke.

God, the stupid fucking names they're pushing on things...
>>
>>50752349
They are not SPESS MUHREENS, THE AUTISTIC MANCHILDREN OF FORTY FIRST CENTURY!
>>
>>50752415
You do not like Orruks fighting with Aelfs? Did someone shat to your Acup of Acofffe?

Seriously, comparing to AoS we are still being fucked with a limp part of the dick.
>>
>>50751505
You expected an nobody dev to deliver triple a "quality"
>>
I found that disabling your last core in the task manager affinity setting fixed the performance issues. Not sure why. I had reasonable fun in single player. Gonna play co op tomorrow.
>>
>>50752420
I really want to see their faces when people say shit like this. To see that actually come out of someone's mouth.
>>
>>50751971
board purity REEEEEE fags killed Commander Keen ded
>>
>>50751505
nothing? It's pretty fun
>>
>>50752462
>Makers of EYE Divine Supremacy
>An nobody
>>
Performance issues mostly but when it doesn't goof up its really fucking fun.
>>
I haven't played it yet, can you be a librarian?
>>
>>50752495
>implying EYE is a good game instead of a giant terrible mess
>>
>>50752512
You are playing as a librarian in single player
>>
>>50752565
Sold
>>
>>50752495
Yeah, it would be much better if they were nobodies, rather than "that studio that makes the same Sven coop mod with useless stats and terrible design and UI over and over, and people still fall for it".
>>
>>50751505
It was a solid game. Now if only I could actually connect to MP I would be happy
>>
>>50752306
Did they add anything like that in EYE? Fuck no they didn't, only maps canned from release for coop grinding and a really terrible PvP multiplayer. Don't count on it.
>>
>>50751505
Shit optimization. If they actually bother to fix that it'd actually be pretty playable.
>>
>>50752556
E.Y.E a terrible mess that happened to be a good game. Deathwing is a terrible mess
>>
>>50751981
>The gunplay is just bad
Deathwing is not bad ... it just does nothing new or exciting. Very okay, middling, passable ... there's nothing about it that stands above modern shooters, except for the fact it has a 40k facelift.
>>
>>50754169
E.Y.E is a terrible mess with a demo that sells it as a terrible mess. If there is a good game in there, I haven't seen it.
>>
>>50754235
ok
>>
Am I the only one who thinks the plasma cannon looks/sounds incredibly weak? Especially after the one from Space Marine that you could overcharge to fire a big glowy ball of doom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLZG6iNZii8
>>
>the games party buffing/ressurection class is tactical marine
>Not a fucking Chaplain

REEEEEEEE

LIBRARIAN DEVASTATOR ASSAULT CHAPLAIN APOTHECARY, WHY IS THIS HARD?

IF YOU WAN TAC MARINE IN THERE TOO GIVE THEM SPECIAL BOLTS OR W/E
>>
>>50754335

Are terminator apothecaries actually a thing?
>>
>>50754346
They are for the deathwing.
>>
>>50751505
Streum On made the mistake of keeping close to Space Hulk fluff and atmosphere in a time where everyone throws a bitchfit for the dumbest reasons. Also, massive QA fuck-up in regards to the optimization. It's a total crapshoot as to whether it'll run great or shit.

>>50752273
>What's a narrative?
Did you want to play a fucking Terminator VN? Because there's one on Steam that fits your desires.
>>
>>50752273
>What's a narrative?

A thing you can get away with not having or barely having in a game and still have a good game.

See Devil Daggers, Hotline Miami, DOOM, Quake, Risk of Rain, FTL etc. etc.
>>
>>50754402

Hotline Miami and DOOM 2016 both have pretty solid narratives. Heck, FTL is an excellent example of emergent narratives as a result of gameplay, every run tells a different story.

Your point isn't wrong, but your examples were a bit odd.
>>
>>50754411
I should have elaborated a bit, both Hotline Miami and DOOM 2016 (really you could extend this to the original to boot) Have by and large an excuse plot to get you into the action.

Hotline Miami you don't really get a narrative reason for some of the carnage until midway through with jacket when he gets shot by a mob assassin then swapped over to biker, yet at no point was a story necessary for overall solid gameplay.

DOOM 2016 right at the start bucks any idea of the story really having any importance to you (and doomguy) when doomguy straight up tosses aside both the computer screen and Hayden (essentially the story). You're here to kill shit and do so in style, that there's a story is just window dressing.

FTL does indeed let you make a narrative out of your playthrough, but that really could've been done without it just as well.

I guess what I'm getting at is all those games were good games first, with some of them happening to have interesting narratives as well, but work entirely on the gameplay first and foremost.
>>
>>50754402
A very simple, straightforward narrative is still a narrative.
>>
Lord rape.

Genestealer marine hybrids are a retarded concept. Also genestealer forms that never appeared in the TT fluff.
>>
>>50752306
There's actually quite a lot of different enemies, they just forgot to have 80% of them make any difference to gameplay.

Like, there's 3 types of cultists but it's just divided into the ones with rockets that can take a like 10 bolt rounds to the face before dying and the ones that don't fucking matter. Like, sure, one of the ones that doesn't matter is the psyker who's zapping everyone for sizeable damage constantly, but you'll never pick them out of a crowd of other cultists, so you kill everyone just the same.

There's also a few different types of genestealers, such as ones with bioplasma etc. that can shoot back at you, but they all form up into the same swarm that runs down a corridor at you, so you either gun them down before it matters, or die regardless of whether you realise there were different enemies mixed in there.

Lictors and Broodlords? Yeah sure they're a bit different, but they aren't exactly common.
>>
>>50752273
>Literally just "you're in a level, kill things that are preventing you from doing objectives"
>What's a narrative?
>complaining about narrative in a game about Emperor's murderbots purging
>>
Tyranids are dumb, slow mobs.
Storm bolsters take like 4-5 shots into a single human.
No bosses, no characterisation, no fallen.
Would have been nice to see allies running around the battlefield doing their mission, meeting up at cross points in the map. Would be cool to have my squad meet up with others, have a conversation and then peace out.
Maps are pretty clean... Too clean at times
>>
>>50754529
The storm bolter fires way too fast as well, I was clicking and thought that, then I realised it was proper full auto. I know stormbolters are meant to fire fast, but it doesn't work well for the game.
>>
>>50751505
can't connect to most MP games, and if i do, i'm DCed after 5 minutes

also, optimization
>>
Honestly I'm going to go with the AI. The pathing is retarded, and you can only get flanked by Stealers spawning out of both sides of you, the AI just shoots them straight at you in solid lines that you can turn into bottlenecks and murder holes at your convenience.

The weapons feel...weak. It takes a bucket of shots to put down even hybrids, and I don't think there's any kind of headshot benefit. The assault cannon just sounds puny. Hell, if they'd just ripped the sound of the minigun from Terminator 2, that would have sounded beefier. Honestly, if the sound of the shotgun bolter (I already forgot the name) was made the default sound for the Storm Bolter, I'd be satisfied.

Also, the friendly AI are dipshits as well (yeah, yeah, muh multiplayer) that just won't WALK THROUGH THE FUCKING DOOR I NEED TO LOCK.

I'm in the Oceania area, and there's no games being played, so I'm stuck with the worthless AI's.

As for the goods, it's fucking beautiful, and Toby Longworth is my favorite BL narrator.
>>
>>50751505
Optimization(seems like they didnt checsk age old audio drivers), lack of a proper ending, stupid twist, forgetting to tell kiddies that content isn't locked behind "progression"
>>
>>50751981
Then explain what is bad about the gunplay.
In words, not feels.
>>
From what I've watched the gameplay really doesn't seem to fit the Space Hulk theme.

It seems to look and sound the part, but while Stealers should be easy to shoot to death they should do massive damage when they actually reach combat.

That would result in a real fear of them getting close instead of just "oh no I've been cornered I'll just swing away for a bit then if I was really cut off go and find the medic".

It could be that I've only seen it being played on lower difficulty settings and that at the high end a single Stealer getting in close can do real damage but I doubt it.

Also many of the animations are fucking awful and the terminators move way too fluidly and quicky.

All this on top of the crashing and stuff...
>>
>>50752240
If we restricted this to people who had actually played the game, the thread would be near empty
>>
>>50754552
>that just won't WALK THROUGH THE FUCKING DOOR I NEED TO LOCK.

kek, this.

Also frustrating is doors open for Genestealers flying through the air
>>
>>50754307
Is it unfair to shit on video games for looking the same as they did 10 years ago?
>>
>>50751505
Your abortion.
>>
>>50754587
The crashing has been mostly eliminated since the beta. That said there are still some issues with absolutely massive framerate drops related to CPU/Sound devices.

The genestealers are actually dangerous and have good AI it's just the maps are not allowing them to shine. The problem with the maps is that it doesen't allow them to find other paths to you so 90% of the time they can only come from the front. If they get you from the sides/back you can go down in basically no time. This could be helped if they'd give some of the bigger sealers the ability to bash down the smaller doors, and if they'd place air vents & stuff that you can't enter but they can.
>>
>>50754587
>terminators move way too fluidly and quicky.
?
Why shouldn't they? Terminator armour doesn not inhibit movement, the fact that it does the opposite- boost it- causes non-veterans to move too slowly just to be careful, but in theory they could run from one side of the golden palace to the other in record time

>>50754614
Just order them to move to the other side with G
>>
>>50754307
The only 40k shooter with non shit plasma is eternal crusade
prove me wrong
protip:you can't
>>
>>50754466
Story in Hotline is hidden and you only see the whole story after you find all the letters.
>>
>>50751505
THE ENDING
WTF
IT'S LIKE RAGE ALL OVER AGAIN
>>
File: 1460419145355.jpg (383KB, 497x750px)
1460419145355.jpg
383KB, 497x750px
>>50754666
Eternal Crusade is 60% off on steam for the next few hours. Is it worth buying?

Also, what's the best 40k shooter?
>>
>>50754666
I find everything about Eternal Crusade to be a pale imitation of space marine. Just compare the two plasma overcharges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opih9gJEUlU

https://youtu.be/RakzFo04RiE?t=50s
>>
>>50754719
It's worth it for the game if you like a lobby shooter for short bursts of fun, but the community is slowly dying despite regular updates. They'll add terminators soon.
>>
>>50754725
Have you actually played SM in mp back then?
Everyone hated the plasmacannon, and for good reason
It was fucking ridiculous, like it was out from another game
>>
>>50754614
>>50754658
I found looking at the door console helps, but they're still not quick about it.
>>
>>50754658

Fair enough but they should still have more weight to them.

I'm not wanting them to be like a Mechwarrior Assault mech plodding along, but they should at least feel heavy even if they are moving fast (like a Light Mech does to carry on that comparison).
>>
>>50754751
There was one point where I walked off a ledge. Landed on the ground below with no thump, no dust, nothing but a brief ducking motion.
>>
>>50754737
YUP! In fact the unlock that makes the plasma cannon overcharge faster actually requires you to get a bunch of multi-kills. But for all that power it was still balanced, plasma dominates the mid-range but long distance shots take a lot of skill because the projectile arcs. Devastators move slower and can't melee stuff as well, which allows Assault Marines to get close and counter them. The payoff was of course the overcharge and it's delicious 40ft radius of room clearing, heretic purging annihilation. You can SEE the shockwave coming off of it, it's glorious.

The eternal crusade plasma cannon is kinda meh by comparison. Yes it kills stuff in one hit and sends ragdolls flying, but it doesn't look or sound powerful and the projectiles arc very little. You can see in the video that you can snipe people from across the map and kill them in one hit with relative impunity.

The Deathwing plasma cannon is even worse. All it can muster are these pissweak "poik" sounds and there doesn't seem to be much of an impact sound either.
>>
>>50754834
Fair enough then.
>>50754785
Yeah,they need to work on that
>>50754751
A dreadnought mech warrior game would be rad
>>
>>50754737
All i remember of that dreck was that is was supremely laggy and with a really bad netcode. Meltaguns were also ridicolous since they were thigs that shot big cones of death, which synergized well with the lag.
>>
>>50754926
Not to mention the lack of anticheat and no way to kick someone thanks to console development
>>
>>50754726
>They'll add terminators soon.
Let me guess, they are looking worse and animated even poorly than OP?
>>
>>50754307
All of the weapons are weak. The stormbolter doesn't even feel like a stormbolter.
>>
>>50751505
It's basically just worse Vermintide.

Still a good game, but I'll probably forget my genestealer murdering forays in a year or two, while I still bash rat skulls in occasionally.
>>
>>50754719
Well if you like buying failed games sure go ahead!
>>
>>50754719
....ehhhhhhh

It was a good concept for a game that went through development hell and was forced out into public release about two years too early. The fanbase shit all over them for it, and has been steadily dying despite the fact that the devs keep promising to push out massive updates, none of which have happened yet, though they do pump out a smaller update every week or two.

It -could- shape up to be a decent game still, but the playerbase likely won't live that long.
>>
>>50751505
bugs bugs bugs.. and i don't talk about the tyranids.
>>
>>50751505
It's unplayable for me even though I have a nice rig. It seems the horrendous framerate problems are with AMD machines. Hopefully patch soon.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXUDlcr0qI
>>
Some musings:

Not enough weapons. You've got two plasma cannon, two assault cannon and three stormbolters but no combi-weapons, plasma blasters, multi-meltas or volkites. You're exploring space hulk with wrecks dating as far back as the Horus Heresy, it's the perfect excuse to lift weapons from the Age of Darkness army list - instead, it seems like the entire game is built around the contents of a box of Deathwing Knights.

By that same token, nonexistent customization. You get some fancy shoulder pads towards the end of the game but you can't actually change the look of your Terminator. You don't even have to go gear-crazy like they did in Dawn of War II with +1 Breastplates of the Custodes and Crusade Pauldrons and whatever, just let me switch up the look of my character.

But if you did want to go gear-crazy, maybe now would be a great time to do some alternate suits of Terminator armor like Cataphractii and Tartaros? Unlock them with achievements or something and use them to change the gameplay dynamic for a bit of variety in an otherwise extremely repetitive campaign; Cataphractii would be offer greater protection but be unable to run, Tartaros would be lighter and more agile.

Getting away from the terminators, themselves, I think that the game would've been more enjoyable as a Metroidvania with one huge map separated into discrete areas; but from which you can navigate one end to the other and back again. I'm not even sure why they didn't - the transition from the Cadian ship the Inquisitorial one is literally just an elevator ride, the end of the one and the start of the next are the same engine room. It's also a cheap and easy way to pad play time - some people have been complaining that that there are only nine levels, but would they be complaining if there were nine zones on a huge overworld? You could even have teleportariums scattered around for fast travel.

I have other thoughts but I'm going to play some more Space Hulk right now.
>>
>>50755590
Why? Shots blow off limbs from enemies and you get a decent kickback with deep sound; in fact, the recoil is actually much higher than what a termiantor should expeirence
>>
>>50754528
>doesn't understand the depth of the material
>>
>>50751505
Performance needs some work, but they captured the design and aesthetics perfectly. Best 40k game to date from that standpoint. The environments and atmosphere are amazing.
>>
>>50754482
>Tyranids become what they eat
>Tyranids adopting fused ribcages from eating Astartes is canon
What's in the game is perfectly acceptable from a canon standpoint. Good on the devs for going outside the box a bit.
>>
>>50755590
What >>50757298 said. Most of the weapons are fine.
>>
>>50757545
Namefags get out REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>50751505
you can't slice bread with an ice-cream scoops
>>
>>50754096

Runs fine for me, you should get a better computer.
>>
>>50754482
None of the Genestealer forms were radically different from their TT counterparts.
The basic stealers were literally the same.
The Stalkers were just stealers with scything claws and biological camo.
The Warriors are just mini brood lords with acid spit.
The Scythe strains are just big and well armored stealers with Scything talons.
>>
>>50754482
Because tyranids, the faction literally designed to be the opposite of eldar, is not known for adaption and change, yeah?
>>
>>50758142
It IS badly optimized. People with top-end computers have issues. I have a few-year old rig and it runs acceptably. My friend who has a roughly equal rig suffers from crashes and freezes.
>>
>>50758218
Can confirm, I'm running a dual SLI rig and it runs fine until the memory starts to leak after an hour or two and then it becomes unplayable. People with less robust rigs experience the problem a lot sooner and much more severely.
>>
>>50754575
The weapons all feel very weak, and recoil all over the place.
>>
>>50758520
This. Bolter shells should be detonating cultists with every single hit. Genestealers should be able to shrug a few off, depending on where they hit.

Instead, unless you score a head shot you can pepper cultists with round after round and genestealers will charge headlong into a deluge of fire and not even notice it. Don't even get me started on broodlords. Worst part of the fucking game is when they star showing up two, three at a time.

Actually, I take that back. The WORST part is that if you equip anything other than your stormbolter, you may as well not even bother with your psychic powers because their cooldown is tied directly to which force weapon you have equipped; and you can only take a power fist if you use a different close combat weapon.
>>
I've only played one and a half maps due to the aforementioned lag, but so far it feels like EYE if EYE wasn't as deep or fun. Currently alternating between both games to pin this down, but I think a key part is customization. I could get CYBER LEGS or MIND BULLETS or PASTED FROM GOOGLE TRANSLATE WORD SALAD and each of them was crazy in their own way. You felt like...whatever you were supposed to feel like in that game.
>>
>>50754496
>Lictors and Broodlords? Yeah sure they're a bit different, but they aren't exactly common.

>that point in Chapter 3 whene genestealer lictor spam directives engage

Thank God they're not common..
>>
>>50757545
What fucking "depth" you autist? 40K is a puerile, juvenile edgefest designed to make kids and manchildren fork money for shitty figurines and have play wars with each other.
>>
>>50754552
>Also, the friendly AI are dipshits as well (yeah, yeah, muh multiplayer) that just won't WALK THROUGH THE FUCKING DOOR I NEED TO LOCK.

Not disagreeing with you there, but you can get around it by ordering to move to places.
>>
>>50759418
Found the sperglord.
>>
>>50759466
Found the abortion survivor
>>
>>50759524
Yeah, turns out I can't be killed.
>>
>>50757603
The whole thing makes no sense. Marines by the thousands were eaten by nids already. And yet don't do much with the new dna.

So no suddenly this all matters? Suddenly the setting forgets that the Tyranids already has all the marine dna it wants and more?

This is just bad writing.
>>
>>50759542
>"pssh, nothing personnel kid"-tier response

Hang yourself.
>>
>>50759637
They didn't get a stock of pristine original geneseed from the time of the Great Crusade. Only the shitty knock-off wankrags.
>>
>>50759418
>tfw when this is true these days
take me back to 2003
>>
>>50751505

I'll for the more polished console release.
>>
>>50759663
Wouldn't do any good. Weren't you paying attention?
>>
>>50754376
>Did you want to play a fucking Terminator VN? Because there's one on Steam that fits your desires.
Wait, what?
>>
>>50754624
look up 'diminishing returns'
>>
>>50759663
>uses abortion as an insult
>accuses anyone else of being edgy
hoo, boy
>>
>>50759949
I would also like to know this.
>>
It's fucking awful.

I was issued my refund this morning. Game Devs should be shamed.
>>
>>50759637
IIRC creatures like the tyrant guard are pulled from astartes DNA.

Also remember stealers have biomorphs like hardened carapace and such. Not to mention that even lore wise isolated genestealers can have wildly varying genetic drift (see ygmarl strains as an example)
They are just more visable in design for game play purposes.
>>
File: yt4hXhJ.png (94KB, 585x278px) Image search: [Google]
yt4hXhJ.png
94KB, 585x278px
>>50754644
BEE TEE EFF OH
T
F
O
>>
>>50764969
Not really.
>>
File: 1470759416818.jpg (117KB, 630x788px)
1470759416818.jpg
117KB, 630x788px
>>50751505
Poorly optimized
Bought it because I want E.Y.E. 2
>>
Just beat it. My god, what a lame ending. The whole last mission was a joke.
>>
>>50751505
>Its near unplayable on my AMD card.
>My friends bought it so we could play together. We could barely manage to finish a single match because of the constant crashes.
>Most of them have already refunded when they found out that the multi seems almost like an afterthought with no long term player progression besides unlocking the same skills and the same weapons every game.
>I was stuck playing apothecary since having one is basically mandatory as there's no way otherwise for anyone to heal themselves and couldn't even play with the one other gun he gets since switching weapons mid-match always made me crash without fault.
>Picking up relics doesn't even do anything in co-op so there's no reason to explore.

What truly made me stop playing is when I found out that they removed the flamenwerfer from the multi because of balance or performance reasons or both.
Won't bother refunding it because I'm still hoping they'll unfuck it after a couple of patches but until then its going to sit on the proverbial shelf indefinitely.
>>
>>50766470
>multi seems almost like an afterthought
It WAS an afterthought. For like half a minute, Focus announced that there wouldn't be any co-op play at all. They backpedaled almost immediately because of the backlash, turns out the only reason anyone was interested in this game was to kill xenos with friends.

So if the multiplayer experience seems half--baked to you, that's because it is.
>>
>>50752349
>Imperial Guard
>COD
>not a hyper realistic massive co-op horde shooter.

I'd pay it either way imo
>>
>>50754719
Like others said I enjoy it in small bursts. It has really good bare bones for a game but even at peak hours I can only find games against one, maybe two factions. I hope they manage to bring in those promised massive updates before the game is dead beyond revival, but it's unlikely.
>>
better or worse than vermintide?
>>
>>50766731
Worse
>>
>>50751505
I think they should have veered away from canon and done a little closer to left4dead model: Get from A to B and survive as the objective, everyone can heal so that no one gets pigeonholed, and actual special Tyranids, even though they aren't canon, having some specials that don't just 1 shot you with 100% cross-room accuracy would be cool. Nobody enjoys getting one shotted. There's really no reason to play tactically either since every genestealer is essentially the same.

Also, I think it should have been more linear instead of huge pointless sprawling complexes with a million dead ends. I'd much rather have a long, linear level with a few randomly determined differences that I explore thoroughly and am rewarded for, than a labyrinth that gives me no incentive to go off the beaten path (which I know because I for some reason have a fully mapped out reference with dead ends included).

All in all I still enjoy it. It just isn't the left 4 dead clone I was hoping for. And that's perfectly acceptable.
>>
Great fun, crashes in MP every time someone opens an inventory screen. Kind of inhibits playing it.
>>
File: board.jpg (340KB, 1916x1644px)
board.jpg
340KB, 1916x1644px
>>50751505
>>50751538
>>50751712

I played opened beta and released version.

> They did optimise it, but it still needs a lot of polish. Nvidia 970, it starts lagging on max, sometimes framerate drops even on medium.
> A lot of features are badly implemented: door closing just stops the horde, since they can't bash even the weakest doors, body part damage does not matter since 90% of the time damage is applied to torso/head, turret hacking is weird (You can hack into turret and use it, but it makes you vulnerable to stealers and as soon as you leave the turret it turns off. turning on hacked turret does not make it friendly, AI of turret still targets ONLY YOU)
> Multiplayer has weird class balance system. Assault seems to be straight out strongest class with no downsides, medic is mandatory even on lowest difficulties.
> Hybrids with autoguns can hurt terminators. Heavy stubbers can force you into cover. What.
> Difficulty has very weird curve. Normal difficulty is fair, but go 1 step above and suddenly plasma spewing genestealers can 1 HKO you on headshot, same with enemy psychers, stalker genestealers instagib you if attacking from invisibility. On normal difficulty they still do reasonable damage, but they need to do the same attack twice-thrice. Highest level difficulty makes you feel like a naked guardsman, even autoguns hurt like fuck.

>>50754496
Agreed, enemy types are presented, but provide no change to gameplay, because you can't distinguish them quickly enough amongst each other. Psykers are the worst example of this.
>>
>>50767717

>>50751943
>>50754552
AI is actually very smart, problem is that there are a lot of bugged places and spawns where genestealers get stuck. Genes are smart asses when map allows it, in fact I've seen when a horde of ~10 genes got shredded only for last genestealer to turn and run away. I think that same genestealer ambushed me from the other spawn with his fresh buddies afterwards. So no, get your facts straight, AI of genestealers is decent. AI on squadmates in singleplayer though...

>>50754587

- Huge recoil on weapons
- Weapons do not feel strong, as even puny hybrids take good ~3-4 bolter rounds to the body.
- Stormbolters sound a tad off, other weapons are alright though
- I think assault cannon bullets hitting walls do not represent actual bullets and is just a flashy effect. Its weird to explain, you have to try it yourself.
- Assault gun and Vindicator will give you epilepsy, very violent gun flashes. Its like as if someone flickering a flashlight in your eyes.
- Flamethrower feels weak, I don't know why they removed it from multiplayer. Such an iconic weapon to SH.

All in all, its not worth to buy it for gameplay, get it to explore ship and corridors. So much detail and love put into these, I spent about ~40 minutes on each chapter just exploring. Its not worth it's price, wait for 50% cut.
>>
>>50754737
>>50754834
Still not as cancerous as meltagun. Fuck that thing.

I used to play with HB devastator, most satisfying class in my opinion.
>>
I have a dual rx480 system. I had to disable crossfire for it to not be a stuttering mess. Even after disabling crossfire and overclocking my card to 1375mhz and the memory to 2150 I still cannot play the game. Even on medium I get sub 30 fps, that that is before a horde even shows up. I'm going to give a a month before I shit all over it simply because of the love they put into the details. It's obvious the dev team cared about the fluff, and I want to give them a chance to fix it before I condemn it completely.
>>
>>50767717
Agree.

For me biggest problem are:
-weak guns
-no distincion in enemies other than hybrids
-enemy psykers look exacly the same as rest
-too much gore/splash/blood You can see shit after hitting enyone
-Stubbers killed me more often than you could imagine

They made id look good and the feel I have on those maps is like im on Nostromo lookin for my death, but when it comes to fight is either walk in park or a clusterfuck of a mess. I thought I will have good competitior for Vermintide but it dosnt look like this will do it.
>>
>>50759949
>>50763155
it's called Legacy of Dorn: Herald of Oblivion
>>
>>50768689
>-too much gore/splash/blood You can see shit after hitting enyone
I kind of like that. When the stealers get close your screen is basically just blood and body parts while you try and get everything fucking clear.

Which is basically what I imagine it would be like to face a full stack of genestealers as the one terminator sent on "block this door for one turn so we can win" duty
>>
>>50754587
>reddit spacing
>>
>>50768818
Thunder Hammering a group of 5-8 genestealers in the face and the ensuing pool of blood and gore is beyond satisfying. Especially the wet squelching noises you make walking through the puddle of genegoop.
>>
>>50769323
What does this even mean?
>>
>>50751505
Its warhammer 40k
>>
>>50767717
>Assault seems to be straight out strongest class with no downsides
Far different from the beta, where Assault was shittiest and devs were the kings of everything.
>suddenly plasma spewing genestealers can 1 HKO you on headshot
So it's like the actual Space Hulk game?
>as even puny hybrids take good ~3-4 bolter rounds to the body.
Dude, how weak do you think hybrids are? Sure, they aren't space marines, but even a regular person can take 2 hits from a bolter.
>>
>>50770035
Woops, I brought shame on myself and the chapter. Assault is melee, devastator is heavy weapon guy. Right. Yes, devastator is still king of everything. 0 changes gameplay-wise from beta, only stability and bug fixes.

Also lore-wise 1 bolt should dig itself inside target and then explode tearing out a good chunk of body. Thats pretty lethal.
>>
Wondering what you guys think of Martyr?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwE24fwZAOQ [Embed]

I was not hyped at all, but their last trailer showing a vast diversity of randomly-generated content (the exact opposite of Deathwing) got me intrigued. The fact that we could see a female Vindicare (I think) in the trailer instead of the butt-ugly powerarmored inquisitor got me.

Your opinion?
>>
>>50770072
.... oh. So much for my knight of Caliban approach...
>>
Look I just want a 40k game where I can blast Tau and kroot shapers as a Scion, is it to much to ask?
>>
>>50770085
This is that inquisitor: diablo game, yeah?

I'm not going to get my hopes up, but it mite b cool.
>>
>>50770165
From what I've seen, yeah. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the Diablo type of game, but maybe if it's done well it won't feel like a mobile game?

The risk with randomly generated content is that you still quickly end up with bland content because it's the shame shit but in a different placement. At least Deathwing has really proper levels with particularities and identifiable landmarks whereas those might just feel all the same as soon as you've seen them once and won't have any defining point that stands out.
>>
>>50751981
>The gunplay is just bad.

!!!

I was telling all you dopey cunts this in advance. All you do is spam at blobs of enemies, it's very samey, not fun. All I got in return for this is "thats what terminators do xD" well I'm not exactly playing 40k games for fucking realism am I, make it enjoyable, THEN make it immersive
>>
>>50770238
Deathwing's level design was honestly kind of weird. Like, they nailed the aesthetic and sense of place, but not the scale. This was especially bad in the endgame, pretty much from Will of Caliban, on, where every large objective chamber was basically a boss arena for kiting broodlords around. This was especially obvious in both the plasma relays and geneseed vault, which are basically just room with pillars.

In both of those cases, and a half dozen others, besides, the game could have benefited from a less-is-more sort of approach; show us more huge, cavernous spaces even if we can only partially navigate them. The weird part is that some of the earlier maps do this better than the latter ones.

There were comparatively few sequences of classic Space Hulk corridor-crawling action, compared to the open room horde mode that typified so much of the game. The best example of what the game needed more of was, ironically, the Black Templar ship , or at least the southernmost maintenance section; tight, twisty passages with genestealers swarming from both sides, catwalks overlooking an enormous, flooded and inaccessible chamber; and the occasional open connecting junction to fend off larger attacks. You can keep the horde-mode ruined cathedral action set pieces, but those should be the highlight of a mission, not the entire mission; it should be a reward for surviving a tense, claustrophobic gauntlet, where instead of being ambushed repeatedly by genestealers that can easily dismember you if they get too close, you're able to cut loose on them over open ground and pulp then with bolter fire.
>>
>>50770258
Yeah, it was kinda called for. Steum On can only make one kind of game: coop shooters with braindead enemies that either charge at you straight on or plink at you by staying still in big boring maps with no direction, and all you have is very derivative weapons.
>>
>>50770085

This has to be THE most horrible crappy narrator I've ever heard... wauw...
>>
>>50770085

>which will include all the various tasks that inquisitors can do in this universe

Ehm... I higly doubt that torture, burning hundreds at the stake etc. will be possible...
>>
>>50751505
>Small dev company
>Got backed by a large producer
>Community expected way to much outta them
>High probability that Multiplayer was never part of their plan
>Gaming community is spoiled on multiplayer games cant appreciate a single player game.

So here is what went wrong, first off the game itself very fun, its a classic throw back to space hulk made modern, and the single player is amazing.

What happened what, i dont actually think they ever intended to do a multiplayer in the game, but when spoiled shit heads cryed and cryed about it, they here forced by focus to add it, which as a result cut down on the overall quality of the game, IE the really bad bugs at launch we had.

Single player is great, but it feels rushed, like they had this great design, and then something took their attention away.

That said, the actual combat is fucking fun, i spent hours just slowly walking from room to room, clearing it all, would plan out my rout from the start, so i could hit every spot and lock every door in true terminator fashion. I really hope they come out with some DLC for the game.

Also, almost all the performance issues are AMD related so get cucked poor fags
>>
>>50758745
Only when you hit the main body. Limbs fly clean off,though genestealers even attack you with half a brain.
Hivemind's one hell of a drug.

Just like with the recoil, this game rewards short, well aimed bursts.
>>
>>50758883
Makes it better for jump-in coop though
>>
>>50766470
>unironically wanting progression
It's literally just less freedom to use the content when and how you want it.
People used to play for the sake of the game, not a skinners box
>>
>>50768777
And it's pretty good
There are also smartphone versions
>>
>>50768818
Shockwaves makes some space and the very first psi power clears entire hallways
>>
>>50751505
Is that even out yet?
>>
>>50771150
Since last week.
>>
>>50768119
I have a 480 and I don't go lower than 40fps on medium at 1080, maybe it's a cpu problem?
>>
>>50772221
I heard AMD cards are often the ones having troubles. Maybe his drivers aren't up to date?
>>
>>50770911
EYE was a skinner box, that's the thing. They basically went from a game with lots of stuff gated behind MMO-tier grinding (most of it not even that good) to a game with nothing at all.
>>
File: 20161215172459_1.jpg (477KB, 1920x1080px)
20161215172459_1.jpg
477KB, 1920x1080px
>>50770468
>There were comparatively few sequences of classic Space Hulk corridor-crawling action
So much this. SH:D was at its best when it was a Space Hulk game and at its worth when it was a crappy Left 4 Dead clone.
>>
File: 20161217203233_1.jpg (478KB, 1920x1080px)
20161217203233_1.jpg
478KB, 1920x1080px
>>50775915
Whoops, meant to post this.
>>
File: 1477958371979.gif (90KB, 260x233px)
1477958371979.gif
90KB, 260x233px
>>50751505
overall I rate this game 7/10. It's definitely worth playing especially if you have friends playing with you, but you should really consider what else you can get for the cost of the game.

pro's
>perfect terminator game, if only termies were this good on the tabletop
>decent storyline
>great feel good moments
>doesn't drag on too long and isn't too short
>multiplayer is a blast if you have a group of 4 buddies
>play through is extremely satisfying
>its basically left 4 dead with terminators

con's
>is not worth $40
>single player campaign is really fun but has very limited re-playability
>multiplayer is very fun but does have a lot of bugs/connection issues that are major piss offs

>no hive tyrants or carnifex, no big boss finale, was pretty disappointed in that

if money is not an issue to you and you like 40k themed games, definitely check this one out.
>>
File: Burn Baby Burn.jpg (205KB, 1360x768px)
Burn Baby Burn.jpg
205KB, 1360x768px
The aesthetics alone are enough for me, it's by far the best 40k game in that regard, especially the 3rd chapter with the Inquisition ship.

Yes the gameplay is fairly samey, but I like the feel of going through the motions, locking doors until a fuckoff swarm comes at me.
>>
>>50778980
>AESTHETIC
>>
>>50770128
Assault is good, but situational.

In fact the only time I've managed to beat a multiplayer game on highest difficulty was when I went a Thunder hammer assault. Thunder hammer is a beast versus patriarch, and in tight corridors. Just dont turn on friendly fire, AoE is ridiculous.
>>
>>50770085
Gameplay trailer from august looks very lacking. But we'll see.
>>
>>50755937
>deathwing game
>can't get a fucking robe

It's bullshit really.
>>
>>50778980
Graphic whore fanboys like you are why 90% of licensed games are shit.
>>
File: 644641.jpg (12KB, 297x294px)
644641.jpg
12KB, 297x294px
>>50770035
>Dude, how weak do you think hybrids are? Sure, they aren't space marines, but even a regular person can take 2 hits from a bolter.
>A human can survive being shot by a hypersonic 19mm HEAP rocket propelled autocannon round able to penetrate eight inches of super scifi steel

How is it even possible for people to be this retarded. Yeah, human could totally survive getting shot by a fucking HEAP autocannon anon, it's not like a single shot from a Cobra's chaingun causes people to pop like watermelons.
>>
>>50751505
Mainly, it runs like shit, and has competitors on the market that both do bug killing better AND have a better frame rate.

So really, the only selling points are brozoufs and 40k. Both very niche.
>>
>>50783427
For reference, this is what happens when people get shot by 30mm autocannons.

https://youtu.be/NwnYTfDdGu0

While a bolter is only 19mm unless it's a heavy bolter (which is 25mm standard), it's comparable to an apache's chaingun in that a boltgun actually possesses both more kinetic and explosive energy than the M230.
>>
>>50783401

>can't appreciate art and animation because some insufferable elitist faggot douchelord has deemed it unacceptable

nah, fuckyou
>>
File: Fencer.jpg (173KB, 764x720px)
Fencer.jpg
173KB, 764x720px
>>50783460
Also, these competitors offer better terminator gameplay.
Especially if you use one in the tunnels.
One of my goddamn favorites.
>>
They bit off more than they could chew with a triple A title.
>>
>>50776082
This is a good opinion.

Everyone spouting the same shit but like a single fault like it ruins everything
>this single gun doesn't feel right!

is just feels over real.s

but this isn't a place filled with video game enthusiasts. all you'll find are /v/ cross boarding scum who want to feel enlightened.
>>
>>50783641
I am a video game enthusiast.
Which is why my main comments are "performance is shit, lacklustre compared to other bugkillers. 40k fans only"
>>
>>50783537
This isn't Triple A. Triple A is a 30 million dollar development budget, not including ads.

This was Commissioned by GW and Straum and a handful of other indie developers asked to be a part.
It's badly optimised and hopefully they fix it soon. Otherwise It looks, plays and is great once you get over the initial hurdle
>>
>>50754235
>>50753671
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>50751505
personally I'm just going to wait for the PS4 version, hopefully it won't have as many delays as Vermintide did
>>
>>50759637
Warriors were made from SM dna in 3E. There were references to fused ribcages and black carapaces. Dunno how it is in the recent fluff.
Biovores were orks and zoanthropes were eldar
>>
>>50770085
Notice it shows a space marine armor in one running animation and a skinny sniper type on the other, yet later it shows dreadnoughts as enemies. I wonder how it will work later on with power creeps and upgrades. Will a single SM take on Daemon princes?
>>
Fuck the Invisble stealers holy shit. I shouldnt have to spam psychic bullshit and spray my flamethrower everywhere everytime my radar fucks up
>>
>>50786382
I think it's great, makes you feel vulnerable
>>
>>50754552
>Also, the friendly AI are dipshits as well (yeah, yeah, muh multiplayer) that just won't WALK THROUGH THE FUCKING DOOR I NEED TO LOCK.

Look at the door control and dry hump it, 90% of the time it makes them both go across the threshold.
>>
It's buggy but i'm enjoying it. Waiting for the mod community to let me play as a different chapter to the yawn inducing DA.

Also a lot of people have claimed it's not worth $40. You're right, it isnt - www.cdkeys.com
>>
>>50776082
There is literally no element from left4dead in this game.
And that is a good thing.
>>
>>50787025
BROTHER, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO THE MACHINE SPIRIT ?!
>>
>>50754834
>and the projectiles arc very little.
At some point they added a 'mortar' firing mode to the plasma cannon.

They also appear to have removed overcharging, you just have snapshots and basic charge shot.

Unless the regular plascannon still has that but the demonic looking funmoney gun doesn't.
>>
It's boring

That's it.

It needs more enemy variety, more weapons, more freedom in the campaign ( playing librarian all the time gets boring ), depth to the maps (vertical play, multiple levels), allied forces etc.....

Also no pvp or bonus chapters for online play.

It's very barebones
>>
Can this be a lesson of

NO MORE SPACEHULK GAMES
>>
>>50752463
This.

It's an issue between Intel processor's and the Unreal Engine. It's been around for a long while, and no one has made any effort to fix it yet, leaving us plebs to have to disable cores and such to get around it.

I like Deathwing so far, but it's still buggy as shit. I start a cutscene with one weapon loadout, and leave with another entirely? The fuck is that?
Thread posts: 197
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.