[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 399
Thread images: 64

File: 1450606924896.jpg (358KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1450606924896.jpg
358KB, 1024x768px
"Let's all be nice to eachother :)" Edition
>>50746349 Previous Thread
>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
>>
>>50750158
Good luck with that, first for Eldar
>>
File: heretic-csm.jpg (212KB, 736x714px) Image search: [Google]
heretic-csm.jpg
212KB, 736x714px
>>
>>50750144
>>
File: image.png (271KB, 495x637px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
271KB, 495x637px
I am fortifying this thread.
>>
Anons, I'm trying to make a fluffy Dark Angels list for my first army. I posted some questions in the last thread, and anons told me why not to take a heavy weapon in my tacs. How is this so far? What should I add/change/remove?

1500 Dark Angels

-Terminator Librarian, 90
+ML2, 25
+Storm Bolter, 5
Total, 115

Troops
-3x Tactical Squad, 70
+5 marines, 70
+Combi-Plasma, 10
+Plasma Gun, 15
Total, 165 (495)

Dedicated Transports
-3xRhinos, 35
+Dozer Blade, 5
Total, 40 (120)

Elites
-Venerable Dreadnought, 125
+Heavy Flamer, 10
Total, 135

Dedicated Transport
-Drop Pod, 35
+Locator Beacon, 10
Total, 45

-Deathwing Command Squad, 200
+Champion, 5
+Apothecary, 5
+Assault Cannon, 20
+Deathwing Company Standard, 20
+2 Chainfists, 10
+Perfidious Relic of the Unforgiven, 15
Total, 275

Heavy Support
-Predator Squadron, 75
+2 Predators, 150
+Heavy Bolter Sponsons, 60
Total, 285

Complete Total, 1,470
>>
Putting together a Death Guard CSM army. I

Is it worth spending the points on a squadron of 3 vindicators and giving one the Legacy of Ruin from Imperial Armour 13 (Maelstrom Raider) that grants Fear and Outflank (allowing all 3 vindicators to outflank together)?
>>
File: Death Guard - 1850pts.jpg (227KB, 900x1326px) Image search: [Google]
Death Guard - 1850pts.jpg
227KB, 900x1326px
My attempts of WAACfagging with Death Guards. Any suggestions/criticism (other than muh bikes)?
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 480pts.jpg (145KB, 900x593px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 480pts.jpg
145KB, 900x593px
>>50750158
So this is the core of my list, but I'm not sure what else to put in it to make 1250 points. What goes good with 80 infantry?
>>
Halp, how to get FnP on a Guard blob?
>>
>>50750256

besides your HQ which is missing since priests don't count as mandatory, you want as many rolls on divination as possible for misfortune, presc the squads for twin-looking misfortune something and rend the shit out of everything with hundreds of flashlights.
>>
What army has rules that are least representative of their fluff? Most?
>>
>>50750291
It's also missing the other troops choice. It's not a complete list, just what I want to base the army around.

So a Company Command Squad with Astropath and some Primaris Psykers? Would adding Chimeras be good? Any tanks? Heavy Weapons Squads?
>>
>>50750233
>Elites
>-Venerable Dreadnought, 125
>+Heavy Flamer, 10

whats the arm weapon? multimelta?
coz there aint no MM in the ven-dread kit
>>
>>50750294
Least: Orks
Most: GSC
>>
File: Children of Dragon 1850.jpg (280KB, 900x1054px) Image search: [Google]
Children of Dragon 1850.jpg
280KB, 900x1054px
Okay so this is my goal to build toward. Have I messed up anything? Is everything fine?
>>
So let's get this thread started right, post some recent hype games you've had, or especially clutch turns
I'll greentext one up myself
Keep them at least believable though
>>
>>50750307

I throw autocannons in my squads. you can throw the CCS in a chimera throw the primaris psykers in the blob.

leman russes have a gun for just about every occasion. take an executioner with pask and burn yourself alive.
>>
>>50750351
Yeah, I figured that podding a melta dread would be a good idea. Would have to get that from FW though.

Should I give him a Lascannon or Assault Cannon instead?
>>
What exactly does the "Attacks" characteristic represent? (From a fluff standpoint)
>>
>>50750390
Fury, Superior CQC training, Ferocity, Lethality
>>
>>50750294
>Most
I'd say Eldar. Within the codex(aside from point costs on Wraithknights), the balance is pretty well and all of the units work together well. So well that you could almost pick a bunch of random Eldar units and still have a working army.
GSC are pretty fluffy.
>Least
I might be biased, but Grey Knights. On page 6 of our codex it says "Even the Librarians of other Chapters cannot match the psychic might of the Grey Knights," meanwhile on the table...And they feel weaker than paper compared to regular Space Marines and you feel the loss of each individual model a lot harder compared to Space Marines. On the table it feels like they have no clear identity. As a melee army, it's hard to get into melee with them. Their best shooting weapon is Psycannons and they have little access to Lascannons. And as a Psyker army, they are bottom tier compared to other Psyker armies. They lose stupid hard to Daemons, who they're supposed to give a run for their money.
Orks are also pretty unfluffy.
>>
>>50750390
WS is combat prowess. Attacks is combat speed.

Sure, he has an Unwieldy weapon, but once he brings it to bear it's full might he'll unleash a flurry of devastating blows.
>>
>>50750390
It represents how functional your arms are. If you're holding a two handed gun, you're not going to be a martial arts master, so you'll probably just be smacking someone with your elbow. If you have a pistol and a sword, you're probably spinning your arms so you get 2 attacks.
>>
>>50750377
>single lightning claw, ever
>mixing special weapons, ever
>the CSM squads have too many special weapons
>extra armour on rhinos, ever
>double claws on a one-wound aspiring champion biker
>icon of excess in a 3-model unit
>TLLC on a Helbrute and not a more reliable shooter

Read the codex first. Build your list from the codex first. Don't use an army builder until you know what you're doing.
>>
>>50750390
>>50750406
It can also represent sheer quantity of pointy bits that can be used at once.
>>
>>50750386
you could also try to grab it from a assault on black reach dread that populate ebay for cheap.

another thing dont squadron the preds unless you have to.
personally i would give at least one lascannon sponsons. hbolters dont cut it
>>
File: Capture+_2016-12-17-21-23-45.png (2MB, 1440x2392px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-12-17-21-23-45.png
2MB, 1440x2392px
>plastic sisters soon
>celestine isn't gone GW is just just waiting for a actual sisters codex which is also soon
>they won't make SoB a place holder
>>
>>50750446
Shh no hopes, only dreams now.
>>
For a beginner dark angels army, would it be better to Dark Vengeance or get betrayal at calth and use the stuff in that as counts-as dark angels?
>>
>>50750465
why dreams?
Gotten a real physical codex for the first time since...codex witchhunters
Immolator back instore
new sister model, even if its only a resin cannoness, its a new model
2016 has been kinder to SoB then the last 10
>>
>>50750483
Vengeance
>>
>>50750500
How is the new codex?
>>
>>50750483
both
you kinda need dark vengeance for rulebook templates etc. anyway.
and betrayal at calth gives you loads of cheap marines.
You might want to not use all terminators.
the best HQ (IMHO) is a librarian, DV has one
>>
>>50750420
>Two many weapons
Huh? Wat do you mean, the CSM squads have 10 men. that gives 2 special weapons.
>Double claws
I love the look of double Lightning claws, and most of my stuff has them because it's the only way to get two attacks and b you used to get more bonuses for have 2 claws.

>3 man Biker excess
Icon of excess is in that unit so the Sorcerer can benefit from it.

>Twin linked on Hellbrute.
I needed the tank popping at 1000 points.
>>
>>50750483
Dark Vengeance will fit better with the rest of the standard DA line. The Calth minis are nice, but there Iron Armor and the only way to get a consistent look would be to go full Forgeworld.

On the other hand Calth minis are all marines so you don't need to look for a split box on ebay or find someone to split the Chaos with. So it depends on what you want. That said Chaos is hot right now so it might not be that hard to find someone to split a DV box with.
>>
>>50750443
Oh, I could do that, couldn't I?

With the Preds, I figured squadroning them could be good since that way they could hunt light vehicles/MCs since squadron of three grants Tank and Monster Hunters, or help thin hordes with the amount of shots they'd all be putting out.

>>50750483
Dark Vengeance, but BaC is also good. Really, it depends on what your army will end up looking like.
>>
>>50750512
Mostly identical
>>
>>50750512
No celestine, otherwise uninspiring.

But its a physical book, no ebook only or White Dwarf abomination
>>
>>50750522
calth does not have Mk3 Iron, thats Prospero
Calth has the Mk4 ones, who do not look out of place next to normal ones
>>
>>50750379
>be me in local tourney at LGS
>there's an ork player who always places and brings fun but challenging lists
>in B4 "wow your scene must suck to loose to orkz"
>He brings a stompa
>full of mechs and shit to give it tons of repair rolls
>last game it took 9 hull points and ended the game at 12
>I'm playing parking lot guard
>I joking say I'll blow it up and table him
>he says he'll buy me Mexican if I do
>he gets turn one
>tons of boyz in trukkz ready to be in my gunlines face turn 1
>not looking good
>coteaz seizes
>wutDaZog.squigskin
>each hit on each trukk is a pin that causes an explodes results with no AP
>vaporize everything he has turn one except for a meganobb squad and his boss with a lucky stikk's squad
>they all jump in the stompa to take refuge, he moves up, punches through all my void shields, puts a massive blast on my guardsmen blobs that kills about 20
>I turn all my guns at the stompa, strip 9 HP off of it, doesn't make a single 5++ save
>he kills a bunch more guardsmen, assaults and destroys pask
>fails every single repair roll including a 3+
>next turn I blow up how stompa
>I don't roll a single 1 and kill everything inside on the explosion
>turn 3 I mopped up some Gretchen camping an objective
>best Mexican food I've had in a while

I know it sounds like your standard ork ass raping but he still took 3rd after that beating, just to show how good he is in my group, plus a fucking fun game, even if the dice were on my side
>>
>>50750521
Just noticed it lists 3 special weapons...Damn it when I deleted guys earlier it must have left some special weapon dudes in. Fixed.
>>
so with imperial agents it's now 200 points to max out canticles. four detachments of enginseers each attached to a single 10 point servitor. for eight units with cantcles.
>>
>>50750526
the problem with squadrons is that you cannot shoot at different targets and you have to place them close to each other.
What you might want is to put one pred on each side of the board to bring some hurt where its needed.
>>
>>50750521
>too many weapons
You have two meltas and a flamer. Drop the flamer and you're good.

>claws
Eh, just cut em off the aspiring champions. Replace with swords. Or, if your playgroup is nice, ask to counts-as a power sword. On melta squads, drop it for a chainsword and just take melta bombs for cracking open tanks/monstrous creatures.

Otherwise, your dude will just get challenged out and you lose ~50 points in one model (or he fails to do anything anyways).

>icon
Take more bikes. It's a flat cost per unit, so take at least a few more bodies. Otherwise it's not really worth it.

>helbrute

Take a Forgefiend. You've got multiple melta squads as is, unless you're fighting IG parking lots you'll need more S6-7 shots.
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 1500pts.jpg (268KB, 900x1202px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 1500pts.jpg
268KB, 900x1202px
>>50750158
Okay updated it. >>50750256
>>
>>50750596
Don't take power weapons on Guard sergeants. Heck, don't do it ever. Especially when your weapons mean you can't charge.
>>
Currently have 2 Devilfish and 2 Skyray's (magnetized for Devilfish as well). Should I bother picking up more tanks? If so, what?
>>
>>50750521
>>Double claws
>I love the look of double Lightning claws, and most of my stuff has them because it's the only way to get two attacks and b you used to get more bonuses for have 2 claws.
the problem with the current shit-for-codex is that you pay too much
the first 15point claw gives you shred and Ap3
the second...just +1A therefore one is far better
the old dex had a 2LC entry

if you want the brute for tankpopping give him Las+MissileLauncher or Autocannon+ML. Not too good but atleast has more then a single shot
>>
>>50750592
>weapons
Yeah just saw that on the weapons thing. fixed it and have an extra 25 points.

>Good point Chaos champions HAVE to challenge. and shred doesn't require two claws any more so...I'll switch that up and I should be able to afford that extra body. for 5 guys in the squad (4 regular bikers and the sorcerer)
Swords can't give claws extra attacks to claws so maybe nothing special.
>Forgefiend
I would but not compatible with the Chaos war band. I have my choice between Havocks and Helbrute. I chose the Brute.
>>
>>50750294

>least
Tyranids, Tau

>most
Necrons, AdMech
>>
>>50750586
True enough. I think I'll keep them squadroned though, maybe play a few games once I have my army finished and see which feels better, squadroned or un-squadroned.
>>
>>50750583
But you can only take three detachments in most tournies. Also why would you want to max out canticles with so small a canticles using force?
>>
>>50750596
I would sub out the conscripts for a tech priest and 1-2 more wyverns, those things are amazing

Consider squadroning the manticores so you can prescience them at the same time, then use POTMS to splitfire them with your tech priest

Vets don't add much compared to just more numbers imo

1 company command should be enough for 1500, remember your platoon command squad can give orders too

Autocannons are daddy and will help with an army the deploys totally in light armour like DEldar, remember you can order them to ignore cover and stuff too
>>
Is there such a thing as "Denying the Witch" in the fluff? Can a non-psyker resist/nullify psykic powers by sheer force of will?
>>
>>50750681
who gives a shit about tournaments? it's an interesting insurance thing for a cult mech army, though. relatively cheap msu to effectively guarantee you keep your canticles going hard.
>>
Do we have an Agents epub yet?
>>
I can't decide on an army.

I've spent most of the day building various lists for the factions whose fluff I like, but I never finalize anything. Please send help.
>>
>>50750714
yes, that is indeed a thing. being strong willed lets you say fuck you to some things.
>>
File: EC-Sexy-Back.jpg (76KB, 736x518px) Image search: [Google]
EC-Sexy-Back.jpg
76KB, 736x518px
Deathwing

Orks

Slaaneshi Marines

What should I start?
>>
>>50750714
Custodes were trained to resists powers of the warp, so yes, mortals can do it. A standard human would need a lot of will power but it can be done.
>>
>>50750714
yes
harder the more powerful the psyker is but its possible to do
>>
Any rumor about whats coming next?
>>
Total newfag, what should I buy to field a 1000 points ork force?
>>
Is a Crisis heavy, Farsight Enclaves army a good one to start with? They seem pretty simple to paint if nothing else, and they're more interesting to me than SM or Orkz.
>>
>>50750751
I was wondering that as well. Probably the AOS stuff they were teasing in the "rumor engine" articles.
>>
Noticed something funny with vehicle squadron rules.

So you have to apply hull point wounds to the model closest to the firer.

Tanks can also move backwards just as fast as they move forwards.

Would it then be possible to create an effictively AV 14 13 14 vehicle with a Leman Russ Squadron?

The only danger being they could potentially cause multiple explosions on the first tank and then the second tank would also die.

I'm thinking this would be particularly useful for Tank Commander/Pask teams. Eradicator up front split-fires to blast infantry/light vehicles, Exterminator swats heavier things while staying behind the Eradicator with its ass backwards so any deepstrikers are forced to hit AV 14 or 13.

Line of sight isn't an issue either, since squadrons can shoot through each other.

Any guard players do this? Does it work?
>>
>>50750751
Dark mexicans or plastic sisters.
>>
>>50750483

Either one would work. Dark Vengeance gives you a starter army that truly feels like Dark Angels: regular space marines with plasma, terminators and bikes. Betrayal at Calth on the other hand gets you a huge mass of space marine infantry with basic options, but nothing specific for Dark Angels. Even the Terminators are in the Cataphractii relic armor which is more of an Ultramarines thing, your relic Terminators(Deathwing Knights) are much, much different.
>>
>>50750714
A lot of psychic stuff is all about willpower, which is why librarians are LD10, and why perils results can be negated by a Ld test.

The warp is heavily influenced by willpower and belief, which is why the Black Templar's iron resolve, hatred of all things warp related, and unflinching loyalty to the Emperor gives them adamantium will dispite not being psykers
>>
How would you fix melee in 40k?
>>
>>50750736
Whatever you can headcanon your dudes better
That's why i'm playing Crons and DE
>>
>>50750736
ehß
Look at dis here git.
You start dem orks coz orks iz mighty proppa fer fightin.
Then you go to the sillybois in nottingham an eat them to make a right proppa ork-dex. Dey humies are just 'fraid of de orkz, hence dey maks the codex all weak.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!
>>
>>50750781
d6+6" charge, charge from infiltrate, scout and deep strke, initiative test in order to fire overwatch
>>
>>50750751
>>50750765
More Chaos in Jan. Seems like a new Abaddon.
>>
>>50750781
assault out of transports becoming a thing again
>>
>>50750781
>>50750796
>>50750814

Unwieldy reduces I by 1, not to 1, in close combat. This does not effect Initiative tests.
>>
>>50750803
>More Chaos
I better not hear another fucking peep from them for a good while.

>>50750814
In addition, allowing charges from vehicles that move more than 6 inches for fast and/or open-topped.
>>
>>50750736
Deathwing with several Slaaneshi marines and one really really confused Ork who isn't quite sure why he's there but he's having a good time anyway
>>
>>50750781
>Ini test for Overwatch
>Half charge range for charging from reserve/DS
unless you're Eldar/DE/Corsair
>More assault vehicles
Make it so Melee is more risk more rewards compared to the reliablity of shooting
>>
>>50750781
Assault out of deep strike being allowed, but the defending armies being able to influence scatter on most forms of deep strike.
>>
>>50750764
Yes.
>>
File: unwieldy.jpg (25KB, 290x288px)
unwieldy.jpg
25KB, 290x288px
>>50750822
??
>>
>>50750796
Half of that is not even realistic. I say make WS vs WS the same as Strength vs Toughness, allow units to overwatch at full BS if they forgo shooting, and give HoW to non-disordered charges that target models without the Counter Attack special rule. Allow charge after deepstrike and running.
>>
>>50750845
come to think of it
orks and csm are allies of convienence anyway
use deathwatch for featherfriendly slaanesh termies
they like to use the feathers for... well for stuff
>>
>>50750863

Talking about ways to improve melee in 40k, not reading from the rules directly.
>>
>>50750767

>Tanks can also move backwards just as fast as they move forwards.

One of the things I'm thinking about doing for 40k is a set of rules for special scenarios that make terrain and movement more dynamic. Bring back faster vehicle movement on roads, prevent easy vehicle turns, subject Tau battlesuits to certain vehicle rules, include terrain that only basic infantry can climb, add dangerous terrain variants whose tests ignore armor or normal dangerous terrain immunity, etc.

Basically bring in all the battlefield factors that normal 40k rules gloss over. Your thoughts?
>>
>>50750863
That's another proposed change, not a "melee's fine you guys, see?" post.
>>
>>50750893
Do it, man! I'd love to have stuff like that around for Cityfight style games.
>>
>>50750889
>>50750897
Ahh, my bad.
>>
>>50750781
Halve the number of shots you can fire in overwatch
Assault is 6+d6 inches
Change the to-hit table so it isn't retarded and punishes low WS more and rewards high WS more
Allow charging from stationary vehicles, maybe.
>>
>>50750893
Battlesuits can fly though
>>
>>50750909

Yeah, that's the idea, for cityfights and stuff. Basically make the game focused on squad tactics and boots on the ground again, rather than on heavyweights slugging it out.

I'll post it when I've written it up.
>>
File: Children of Dragon 1850.jpg (275KB, 900x1043px) Image search: [Google]
Children of Dragon 1850.jpg
275KB, 900x1043px
>>50750635
Latest version.
>>
>>50750893
>>50750909
>>50750932

You've essentially invented HoR's terrain rules but for 40k proper.

The rules in HoR are built because the higher granularity means more focus on the individual model, not the unit as a whole, and are balanced around basic Infantry models. At the 40k scale, it seems like a whole lot of bookkeeping.

Not saying it's a bad idea, but HoR is a resource you can use for more granular terrain rules.
>>
>>50750919

Yes, I'm not saying limit their rotation speed. More like make Haywire, Melta and Armourbane good against them instead of Fleshbane and Poison(obviously would need to keep in mind poison-heavy armies like Dark Eldar and Deathwatch), stuff like that.
>>
Current thought:

Imperial Agents allows you to take a Deathwatch team in with your Inquisitorial Warband.
The book is said to supplement, not replace, the old books, so if you do so you can use the full wargear list.
This includes a Dedicated Transport of a drop pod.
You can, therefore, buy a Drop Pod for your inquisitorial warband - since they all are one unit and share factions, they can enter it.
You can drop in a Warband through deep strike.
This feels exploitable, though I'm not yet certain how.
>>
>>50750958

Thanks, I'll look into it. I would still want to keep things simple, and make sure the more complex stuff is optional.
>>
>>50750893
40k had a lot of that, in 2ed
its a good thing its gone, made the game faar to complicated to play, especially the vehicle turning template.
>>
File: Deshrethu Dynasty 2000 points.png (201KB, 907x1103px) Image search: [Google]
Deshrethu Dynasty 2000 points.png
201KB, 907x1103px
Why do i get the feeling that when i finish this list all my Destroyer Lord will be doing is either supporting my Heavy Ds or getting killed by himself trying to assault things
>>
>>50750987
If you take from one book, you are stuck in one book. Can't use the others.
>>
>>50750781
Allow Consolidation or Hit & Run after Assaulting vehicles, as watching Reavers or Hormagaunts stand dumbfounded after attempting to hit a Rhino before the Thunderfires open up is rather silly. :>
>>
>>50751004
Why no necron snipers? Those are by far the funniest unit in the codex.
>>
>>50751018
On what grounds? The book says it's supposed to supplement, not replace.
>>
>>50750669
Why Tau?
>>
>>50750751
New kits which are basically mini start collecting, you get a squad of doods and a transport.

Space marines get tacs and a drop pod, deldar get kabalites and a raider, etc etc, 55USD
>>
>>50750993

There needs to be a way of striking a balance here.

Right now you have a situation where bikes with Skilled Rider basically ignore terrain, when in fact bikes should be the most susceptible unit type to terrain, realistically. Where a Leman Russ battle tank on an open road is literally slower than a force marched infantryman. Where minefields and other "dangerous terrain" are pointless because everyone gets an armor save against it, and half the units ignore them outright.
>>
>>50751038
Because i wanted a transport for my Immortals
The Fluff is that during the times of Flesh this Dynasty was mainly about using chariots/cavalry and building things like Hippodromes
>>
>>50751043
I didn't save the email image, but the guy that emailed the GW staff asking about Celestine got a reply that basically said:

>you can take celestine from the digital codex
>but you can only take digital codex stuff in that detachment, not IA stuff. Separate books.

So it isn't a REPLACEMENT, but they are NOT interchangeable.
>>
>>50751096
So, to further confirm, I cannot take a Stormraven as my Fast Attack for a Daemonhunter Strike Force?
>>
File: IA8 Rolling Terrain.png (4MB, 2000x1376px) Image search: [Google]
IA8 Rolling Terrain.png
4MB, 2000x1376px
I just realized a Mad Max-styled chase scene could be very reasonably represented by the Rolling Terrain escape mission in Imperial Armor 8.

Also, why aren't you playing a game with rolling terrain rules for an awesome vehicle and bike-driven mission?
>>
>>50751096

So it's basically like Khorne Daemonkin vs World Eaters, except even stupid because these are literally the same army with two different versions?

If that's the case, how about I use my 4th Edition Tyranid Codex then? I'd love to EW warriors and T7 2+ fexes with s10 cannons.
>>
File: Hexbringers - 1850pts.jpg (382KB, 900x1433px) Image search: [Google]
Hexbringers - 1850pts.jpg
382KB, 900x1433px
So, what's your favorite silly option in 40k? Me? I kind of love the Scrolls of Magnus from the base CSM book; that thing is hilarious, playing power lottery throughout the game. I got Sunburst and proceeded to fry a bunch of Dark Eldar to a crisp :>

Also, I ran this list today, and it was glorious. :)
>>
>>50751103
If it isn't listed in Imperial Agents, you can't take it in Imperial Agents.
>>
The thing that pisses me of the most is that the units aren't considered to have the same faction. So you've got absolutely useless on its own flying transport unable to embark with anything relevant.
>>
>>50750987
everything thats wrong with 40k players in one post
>>
>>50751116
Dude, I could see this being done with a Genestealer Cult army, especially with the Demolition Claw as a "Demolition Derby" scenario where you have Democharge Hybrids going WITNESS ME!

The only thing to add would be rules for boarding/assaulting adjacent vehicles with the passengers!
>>
>>50751116

Fun concept.

What about a convoy attack for this? Chimeras or Rhinos, with Hellhounds or Land Speeders as escorts, as the defender: the attacker's objective is to destroy all enemy transports to strand the infantry in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>50751116
I am, it's called Gorka Morka and it's much better at doing this sort of thing than 40k is
>>
I've been doing some reading and dusted off my old copy of dark crusade and i'm ready to start a 40k Word Bearers force. any tips or ideas for it? like what i should get
>>
>>50751218
Daemons.
>>
>>50751218
alpha legion
>>
>>50751186
Why they discontinued that game is beyond me. Too much fun, probably.
>>
>>50751218
the traitor legions supplement for codex:chaos space marines
>>
>>50750596
Why do you have an Astropath? You have nothing to bring in from reserves.
Power Weapons are a waste on your WS3 one attack Sergeants. Also, if the guard could arm every Sergeant with a power weapon, then Space Marines would have a power weapon for every finger and toe they have, for every set of armor they have.
You might wish to trim the fat a bit and make room for a Heavy Weapon's squad with missile launchers or Lascannons. All your anti-tank has a 6 inch range, or relies on a scatter template.
>>
>>50751183
>>50751184

I had an idea to add a long section in the center of of the board that represents a train car. A train heist/robber/assault mission. One team is carrying a bomb on the train, or is using it as an escape vehicle from a previous mission, or is just defending whatever precious cargo/mission objective is on board.

The defenders and wouldn't need fast vehicles or bikes because they're already on their transport, and get the benefit of lots of cover (crates and things). Terrain is synched with the train so they can move normally on it. It's possible that, to contend with the attackers dodging debris, the defenders would have to roll on their turn to see if the train jostles, treating them as if they had moved in the movement phase or causing the train to become difficult terrain, or even causing pinning tests.

Attackers can use bikes, skimmers, jetbikes, and aircraft to assault the train. Bikes can use ramps to assault onto the train, Flyer transports (like a Valkyrie) can drop troops onto it while it's moving, and provide support with an actual, useful time to equip it with side heavy bolters.

It would have to be fast vehicles and bikes only for the road portions, and an emphasis on dumping troops or jumping things onto the train to get that objective before a set turn counter.
>>
>>50751218

Your marines don't have any special skills or attributes unlike other legions, but get Zealot when a Dark Apostle is nearby(even if part of a different unit). Your psykers are really, really good at summoning. Possessed are one of the worst units in the game, being Troops alone doesn't redeem them, how are you going to use obsec well with double-costed space marines who have no guns? Though the formation with Possessed + Daemon Prince makes them as good in melee as vanguard vets. If only they could take jump packs to get there.

The cheese list for Word Bearers is probably a Grand Host with 4 daemon princes/sorcs to summon spam, and respawning cultist meatshields led by a Dark Apostle. A fluffy *legion* list that isn't complete ass would involve a large number of space marines, given Zealot by a Dark Apostle, backed up by some sorcs/daemon princes using summons as a toolbox.
>>
File: IMG_20161218_110601.jpg (229KB, 1050x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_110601.jpg
229KB, 1050x1080px
My 1000 point iron warriors list. Still needs some work.

The 5 helbrutes form a murder pack and walk across the board. Sorceror takes Heretek. Might get a unit of cultists for him to hide in, or some spawn.

Thoughts?
>>
>>50751289
Astropaths as Psykers. You're thinking of Office of the Fleet.
>>
>>50750198
I'd say you do care as you've spent ten thousand years taking the bait and getting violent.
>>
>>50751274
probably worried about being sued

I mean, 100% the real reason is "specialst games don't cause people to buy armies"

once you buy a handful of models you're done sucking corporate cock
>>
>>50751335
This is a terrible idea
It's great and you should go for it
>>
One thing I was thinking is worth consideration is the fact the 1.2 FAQ clarifies that a unit has all the factions of all the units that have joined it.

What this means is that if you were to take, say, a Librarius Conclave, each platoon you attach a Librarian to counts as a Space Marine unit.

So if you were to take, say, Tigurius as your Warlord, you could nominate one Guard Platoon each turn to have Rending shots, no strings attached. Pop Prescience or Perfect Timing as appropriate, see an enemy Wraithknight or so, get FRFSRF or Bring it Down, and drown it in a tide of Rending Lasgun fire!

>>50751218
I ran >>50751128 today and I think it was surprisingly fun. I feel the Word Bearers moreso than the other Legions are better-off using their Detachment rather than sticking to a CAD. While Possessed Troops and Dark Apostle bubbles are both weak bonuses, Crusader is surprisingly nice, and they keep the ability to mix-match different Marks, and unlike Black Legion, aren't forced to use the Black Legion Warband (so they keep a lot of Obsec).

I feel there's a surprising amount of flexibility, whether it's going for a Warpack (and using Warlord Psyker Defiler), running masses of Spawn (Crusader+Fleet=they'll get there FAST), or doing a TAF alphastrike/running to safety, or focusing on summoning, they have a surprising amount of flexibility.

Me? I use their "free boons" bonus to buff a bunch of small squads/champs, and play RPG level-up herohammer with them. It's an incredibly fun thing to see unit champs level up as they beat up MSU threats.
>>
>>50751335
what would revenue look like if turn 1 the taufag opposite you penned and killed all 5 of your helbrutes
>>
>>50750446
You're a week late to the party.
>>
>>50750918
>Halve the number of shots you can fire in overwatch
Make overwatch happen after assault moves so it hardly ever prevents melee.
>Assault is 6+d6 inches
Give option to do 6" assault instead of 2d6".
>Change the to-hit table so it isn't retarded and punishes low WS more and rewards high WS more
Yes. 2+ to hit needs to be a thing.
>Allow charging from stationary vehicles, maybe.
Not bad really.
>>
>>50751334
At less than 1000 points on 4x4 board WB could be ok. That possessed formation would come into its own. Still, would it better than say Fnp6 + IW possessed (arguably rubbish too, but still better)? Deathguard possessed?
>>
File: CVxzFRv.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
CVxzFRv.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Sup /tg/, what did you do today?

I painted up one of my 30k Sniper Teams while in the geedubs, the local manager gives precisely zero fucks about my stuff being only 5% geedubs plastic. Painting my snakegirls is pretty fun. For this girl I put on screamer pink > Nuln oil > Drybrush of mephiston red > Nuln Oil Gloss... And now people are apparently under the impression that I went through the crazy long process of detail-brushing each individual scale. It only took me like 5 minutes of painting to do the effect.

I also had a game against the resident "WAACFAGGOT Dice-melting, Points-shuffling, rules-faking, too many shots with his volkite culverins, 14 year old, 30k" player. Understandably I got tabled, because I didn't want to go through the hassle of ranting with him about how volkite culverins don't have 6 shots a piece at strength 6 ap3.
>>
>>50751316

Would it be possible to just wreck the train for the attacker? Or are they trying to keep whatever is inside intact? If its the former, setting off a few meltabombs on the track a mile ahead or bombarding the wheels with krak missiles would do the trick.
>>
File: sisters 1500 draft.png (69KB, 676x1580px) Image search: [Google]
sisters 1500 draft.png
69KB, 676x1580px
So after a lot of theoryhammering and fucking about with list building I've come to only a few conclusions, and they're not wholly helpful.

1. I love the Scion models. I want to use them. I do realize that this means I'm more than likely just going to run a Hellrain Brigade, though I know I'm not forced to. If not, backup Valkyries would come in handy.
2. I like the idea of Sisters due to the fact they're like an alternate version of Scions, in a way. Squishy, nicely armored, kinda only good at one or two things. I have plans on converting my own plastic sisters, regardless of the random rumors.
3. I am used to a CloseCombat oriented army (coming from Orks) so I'm having to cut ties with nearly all of my combat, and stick with shooting.

Coming to terms with this, where the hell do I draw the line in the sand between these two armies? Nearly every list I've made has either been nearly all Sister oriented, or nearly all Tempestus oriented.

Anyone have any advice? I know I'm taking at least two Excorcists and I like the idea behind Dominions. Converting my own Seraphim seems really fun but the unit themselves seems a bit iffy and suicidal. An Ecclesiarchy battle squad seems nice on paper but I want to stay away from combat for the most part, I think.
>>
>>50751366
there was an interview with priestely who said they once printed too many causing too much money lying around not being sold, especially with the non-english ones
afterwards they got scared...
>>
Anyone here know where I can find a PDF for this book, I have been looking for ages and have had no luck. its not in any of those links up above and I am getting desperate.
>>
>>50751409
Not the overwatch thing because it doesn't make much sense. Overwatch by itself isn't bad, it's the buffs armies keep getting that make it bad.
>>
>>50751335

DO IT FAGGOT

ROLL OUT THE CHAOS DREADNOUGHT DEATH SQUADS
>>
>>50751416
built two castliaxes and a sicarian or hwever you spell that.
feels good
also Clive barkers undying is pretty good
>>
>>50751128

Scrolls of Magnus is ironically a fluffier item for Word Bearers than for thousand sons- it can perfectly represent the Chaos Gods awakening latent psychic power in a champion.
>>
>>50750158
I can never seem to get .epubs from here to work (the text lettering is always formatted and unreadable, one word per page and such)
and I really need the traitor legions book. Any chance of a pdf? (or help with my retardedness in reading .epubs from here)
>>
>>50751416
Is the snake body from reaper?
>>
>>50751517
Games Workshop
> Base
> Frag Grenades
> Knife
> Paint
> Arms
Reaper Bones
> Snake Body (From Snake Demon)
Anvil Industry
> Sniper Rifle
> Arms
> EOD Suit Torso
Statuesque Miniatures
> Female Head

There's the full list. A set of 10 of her would set me back about 50$, so it's right on par with how much you can expect to typically spend on pure geedubs..
>>
Anyone have the epub or pdf for Imperial Agents?
>>
File: contemptor-is-my-armour.jpg (392KB, 1280x700px) Image search: [Google]
contemptor-is-my-armour.jpg
392KB, 1280x700px
>>50751416
Got some bits to make a mock-up of my future legion contemptors.
>>
File: heresy3.jpg (33KB, 383x208px) Image search: [Google]
heresy3.jpg
33KB, 383x208px
>Lamia mutants in a "loyal" space marine chapter
>>
>>50751515
use readium
>>
>>50751589
They're not going to be in, or even allied to a space marine chapter. My idea for this army is that it's led by a Rogue Trader who makes his living traveling to planets that have CATGIRL WAIFUS, and buying CATGIRLS from them. He then travels to planets that are sorely lacking in CATGIRLS, and sells them to rich nobles that just want to fuck catgirls.

He has an enormous household retinue of various abhumans, which he equips based entirely on how adorable they are.
>>
>>50751546
Thanks for that breakdown.
>>
>>50751618
uggh, I hate chrome. *whiny bitching*
>>
>>50751502
The Sorcerer was my Warlord (proxied at the time, but the plan is to have him being carried on a shrine by several Cultists), mostly so I wouldn't waste the "Latent Psyker" Warlord Trait (which makes my Lord ML 1, but Scrolls also make him ML 1).

I'm actually kind of ok with the Word Bearers Warlord traits being random, as it's easy to think of them less as "skills" the Warlord is renowned for, as much as they're blessings granted by the Gods before a notable battle. Between that, the free Boons coming from the Grand Host, and random powers from the Scrolls of Magnus, it's actually pretty fun to just play them as a bunch of religious nutjobs.

Plus Crusader + Mark of Slaanesh makes it easy to run down fleeing enemies and make a worthy sacrifice out of them!
>>
File: 1473643709558.jpg (53KB, 526x515px) Image search: [Google]
1473643709558.jpg
53KB, 526x515px
>>50750243
Depends I would try it for shit and giggles but I would say that having them on the table from turn one is more sound this way you can drop a giant pie plate of doom every shooting phase.
>>
I want to make a cultist-chan model what models are a good starting point?
>>
>>50751628
thats fucking cancerous my dude
you also forgot the capitalize the last catgirls
keep your magical realm out of my hobby
>>
>>50751660
Shapeways has got ya covered homie
>>
File: Drink It.png (9KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
Drink It.png
9KB, 255x255px
>>50751628

>catgirls
>40k

You should celebrate that idea with a drink.
>>
>>50751633
then you can fucking kill yourself
>>
>>50751670
hwee cahptured eeet for kayoss
>>
File: 0afb33_6116650.jpg (178KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
0afb33_6116650.jpg
178KB, 1024x768px
>>50751663
There is nothing you can do to stop me from posting my magical realm monstergirl operator army whenever I feel like it. This is my own hobby, and I spend inordinate amount of time and energy making these fun conversions, at it is the only thing that gives me release from a lifetime of existential torment. Or well, it's a hobby, and I enjoy it, and your butthurt tears upon seeing me post monstergirls gives me great joy.
>>
>>50751663
>>50751672
You guys are sure upset about felinids.
>>
>>50751703
I for one appreciate your degeneracy. Don't you ever fucking stop. Make them as awful as possible.
>>
>>50751670
can i contact them and get it scaled to 28mm or do you think 32mm is fine?
>>
>>50750596
>fliers kill my force the list
Keep it up
>>
>>50751736
I'm sure it's worth a shot. These folks all do it for a hobby mostly.
>>
>>50751736
To downscale it would be a trivial task if they have the 3d model, so it's worth asking.

32mm is giant next to 28mm/heroic.
>>
>>50751749
thanks for the info my day is made AND it cheap!
>>
>>50751760
Merry Christmas.

Now can someone please give me a hand with this damn Sisters/Tempestus nonsense I'm trying to cobble. The whole 'release of a new codex that's technically not a replacement, it's just more of the same but also not' is also rumbling my jumblies.
>>50751440
>>
>>50751163
Wait, what?
>>
>>50751760
paint it and post a pic
>>
>>50751812
Imperial Agents isn't a codex, it's a collection of datasheets from other sources, and each datasheet has their original faction

battlebrothers can't embark in another faction's transport before the game starts

so the airplanes in imperial agents can't transport any of them
>>
>>50751780

You can literally use both the Digital Codex and IA codex.
>>
>>50751440
>>50751780
Focus sisters they are your anvil, tempestus fill in for special weapons, take a command squad for FULL special weapons and preferred enemy self orders, and a small squad with either 2 meltaguns, plasmas, or just left alone. volley guns are nice but hard to get in full use before they die. scions should only be taken in small doses DONT touch the taurox!
>>
>>50751742
What is some good anti-flyer stuff that isn't a Hydra Flak tank?
>>
>>50751902
other flyers, aegis defense lines, skyfiring foritifications
>>
>>50751396
Tau can pen and kill 5 hellbrute in one turn? How about I split into a mayhem pack (3 deep striking helbrutes and 1 or 2 alpha legion helcults (helbrute and 2 units of infiltrating fearless cultists) and maybe a another unit of havocs?
>>
>>50751908
I have some of those aegis blocks and a Valkyrie. Could those be useful?
>>
>>50751902
for ig?
Aegis with the Quad-autocannon
Aegis line gives your dudes a 4+ cover so its a worthy investment anyway
>>
>>50751913
yeah
>>
>>50751419

I would assume that:
>This is a 40k-scale train, and so is huge and takes more than a meltabomb on the tracks to stop
>The reason why the chase is happening is probably because this is the fastest response they could muster
>Taking out even a whole train car's worth of wheels isn't going to stop a train this huge
>The enemy is either disorganized or lacks the assets to destroy the track, so direct takeover is the only way to stop it
>IT'S FUN

Also it's an excuse to play a game in the vein of any videogame's train missions, like Gears of War and Killzone. Consider that missions could be divided into different parts; biker defense when the train moves through open plains, a dueling enemy train should the train parallel another set of tracks, and going through a tunnel where the claustrophobic confines confer the Night Fighting rules and turn it into Space Hulk while enemies drop from the ceiling onto the train.

Well, I think I've planned out my next HoR Kill Team missions.
>>
how does angels of death onterract with/alter chapter tactics? the wording in AoD makes it seem like rules the detachment just getsfor deciding to be part of that chapter, rather than actually tied to units that have chaptactics.
>>
>>50751122
It like how you can use the Imperial Fist Chapter Tactics from Codex:Space Marines OR use the chapter rules from Sentinels of Terra, but not both. It's pretty consistent with how they've handled most of these supplemental products in thee past.

It should be fairly obvious why letting you do stuff like mix the wargear from multiple books would be a bad idea.
>>
>>50751909
it was mostly a shitpost my man, I don't know what you'd run into at 1000 points, probably a bunch of melta maybe.

I'm a little salty that my adorable helbrute was killed turn 1 during night fighting by a contemptor's kheres pattern assault cannon

five running up could be ok but 3 deep striking helbrutes and 2 infiltrating helcults sound much better
>>
>>50751964
basically anything in codex space marines can use the stuff presented in AoD
>>
>>50750158
I like how the korsair still has the spikey dildo
>>
If a unit natively has the rending, tankhunter or armourbane rules, does that apply to its hammer of wrath attacks?
>>
>There was an anon here who made me tweak my list
>It fits thematically better than before
I don't know whether to thank you or hate you

>1 extra Tomb blade, a squad of Deathmarks and the Veil vs a 2nd Scythe and the Voidreaper
>>
>>50752086
No. Hammer of Wrath explicitly says it does not benefit from the model's special rules.
>>
>>50752040
its a dark eldar
>>
File: Hammer of Wrath.png (236KB, 1083x479px)
Hammer of Wrath.png
236KB, 1083x479px
>>50752086

Hammer of Wrath generally does not benefit from any of the model's special rules. It's just an additional attack made at the model's own unmodified strength.
>>
>>50751633
>>50751515
You must use an EPUB3 compatible reader. Not just any epub reader.
>>
>>50751994
i mean aod wording makes it look like, for example, by declaring that my formation iron hands (and setting my chap tactics to iron hands because that's a prereq to declaring it as a thing) i'm getting "the flesh is weak" and "machine empathy" from two sources. The chapter tactics and the detachment. because they have the same name they don't stack, but it seems like the ones from the detachment apply to everyone(evenn units without the chaptactics rules) and don't get fucked by other space marines like chapter tactics does.
>>
>>50752161
the chapter tactics rule prevent you from mixing chapter tactics
>>
>>50751980
Its more so can think how to build my army. Maybe i could throw in chaos chaos contemptor.
>>
>>50751334
>>50751383
Thanks to both of you for the input. I've already started planning on what to get and what to test. Deeply appreciated.
>>
>>50752247
yes, but as i was saying, the wording here looks like it's saying that the detachment itself is also giving you "the flesh is weak" and "machine empathy" to every model in the detachment. since the second set of those is coming from a different source than chapter tactics, the redundant set of rules wouldn't get deactivated, is how i'm parsing it.
>>
File: 18.jpg (118KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
118KB, 750x1000px
>>50752397
>>50752247
forgot my image
>>
File: 1393200155708.jpg (333KB, 1024x1463px) Image search: [Google]
1393200155708.jpg
333KB, 1024x1463px
>>50750201
Nah, they're just part of that detachment.

The hench unit doesn't include them. I am kinda curious whether the inquisitor can join the chamber militant's transport though.
>>
>>50752485
They are not same faction so no. They are in same detachment/formation but the FAQ transport-ban talks about factions.
>>
>>50752485
i suppose that falls under if an independent character attached to a unit can go with that unit in their dedicated transport.
>>
File: sigh.jpg (22KB, 236x360px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
22KB, 236x360px
>>That feel when this will never be my army
>>
>>50752557
well, if you have codex: imperial agents and codex: space marines you just take a space marines detachment and plug in whatever IA detachments you want and you have THAT ARMY

unless you mean the airplane KEK
>>
File: 1480097606842.png (118KB, 500x641px) Image search: [Google]
1480097606842.png
118KB, 500x641px
>>50752557

But it can anon.
>>
>>50752557
>>they won't make SoB
>>50752618
>unless you mean the airplane KEK
Then you could play aeronautica imperialis. Or Epic.
>>
>>50752618
THE PLANE, ANON. THE PLAAAAANE.

I just want the inquisitor in the damn plane! Why should this bitch hang out with garbage ass guardsmen when she could be pimping it up with a private deathwatch bodyguard?
>>
>>50752557
>Thunderhawk to transport one Deathwatch and his two waifu's

.... suuuure.
>>
Am I crazy or is there no copy of Codex: Space marines 7th ed in the Mega link. Or anywhere that isn't screenshots from an iPhone. I can't get mechanics from those.
>>
File: 1479051828286.jpg (55KB, 604x517px) Image search: [Google]
1479051828286.jpg
55KB, 604x517px
>>50752647
Tell me more.
>>
>>50752669
>>M41.999
>>Worrying the squad will judge you for bringing your favorite bitches with you to work
>>
File: 29.jpg (31KB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
31KB, 625x352px
>>50752681

Play unbound.
>>
>>50752714
>>Brother Hammonius, we told you last time : stop taking the thunderhawk for unsanctioned flights to 'pick up chicks'
>>And our techmarines requested you to stop asking for having a jacuzzi and minibar build in the troop compartiment.
>>
>>50752681

Nah but seriously. Cant you just use Deathwatch codex with allied detachments from Assassins and Inquisition?
>>
>>50752751
unbound you can't put an inquisitor into an airplane still
>>
File: 1455835761652.jpg (48KB, 540x469px) Image search: [Google]
1455835761652.jpg
48KB, 540x469px
>>50752751
>>
>>50752751

Honestly we're at the point where Unbound is pretty equivalent to Battleforged. If Unbound couldn't use Formations then it wouldn't even be up for debate. You already have virtual freedom to put whatever you like in a list; if Unbound means you lose bonuses like Gladius then it's downright more balanced.
>>
File: IMG_3229.jpg (87KB, 451x507px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3229.jpg
87KB, 451x507px
Anons, I want to get this guy and paint him so that his blade and the skulls are brass, but with blood flowing out of their mouths and maybe eyes. The only problem with this is that I don't know hot to either do that, or have it look good.
>>
>>50752792
unbound prevents decurion bonuses which is super cool actually
>>
>>50752803
>tfw this meme Warband got an entire supplement
and its better than the Thousand sons
>>
>>50752803
just put some blood for the blood god on it, then if you want it more shiny just put some 'ard coat over the splatter
>>
>>50752812

Exactly. Given the choice between fighting Decurion Necrons or Unbound Necrons, I'll take Unbound every time.

Same with Marines. Unbound doesn't give them 300-400 points of free shit.
>>
>>50752831
you have a problem with 10 free razorbacks?
>>
>>50751816
Will do the guy got back to me in under an hour ive got the 28mm on the way
>>
>>50751454
>That book, one of the first 40k things I saw.
Wouldn't mind it either.
>>
File: tOOBfPo.jpg (86KB, 680x739px) Image search: [Google]
tOOBfPo.jpg
86KB, 680x739px
>>50752771
Yeah, of course. It'd just be nice to actually run the inquisitor along with them since deathwatch aren't exactly into footslogging. A rad and psyk grenade psyker xenos inquisitor backing up some sluggers in a blackstar would have been pretty cool.

So instead I am forced to field and hang out with a 'bodyguard' of acolytes which I'm just being stubborn about, but I dislike that inquisitors can't surround themselves with only the most elite of killers, and acolytes are literally scrubs. They may have access to superior kit than your average scrub, but they scrubs on the inside.

I miss warriors/inquisitorial storm troopers.

>>50752763
>>Pic related
>>
File: IMG240598993.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG240598993.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>50751416
Played my first game with the GSC I've been building since DW:OK came out.

Played against my buddies SW with stormfang, wulfen and twolves.

Despite taking out his entire twokf cave with a 28w t1 charge with some acolytes, the tacobj cards did not favor me.

Lost 9-11
>>
>>50752852
just post it in like 5 or 6 generals until I feed you a (you) because I can't read every single one of these generals and I'm really curious on whether cultist-chan is worth it
>>
File: 1481750692557.png (285KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
1481750692557.png
285KB, 444x440px
>>50752812
>>50752831
>>50752837

>tfw unbound is now the more fair option
>>
File: 99189956005.jpg (33KB, 640x460px) Image search: [Google]
99189956005.jpg
33KB, 640x460px
>>50752803
>>
>>50750781
scatter into enemy on deep strikedoesnot mishap but instead is a disordered charge with whole unit at i1

Can charge after deep strike
>>
>>50750987
aside from all the other reasons people have listed why you can't do this, the Chamber Militant is NOT part of the blob squad in the same detachment - it doesn't have the note forcing it into the one unit.
>>
So I've been playing an admech list against a friend who plays Thousand Sons. The main part of his list contains a squad of jump terminators with 3-4 psykers in it with rerollable 3+ invulns and 4+ FNP. I've tried using peltsts to counter them but he always destroys me with their traitor ability to either cause them to blow something else essential up or kill them. Whenever I try and hide the peltasts he fears them off the board or some other psychic shit.

I'm going to take a cullexus/sisters of silence next game (first time using either) and I'm wondering how I get it in range of jumping terminators without having my own guys shoot me off the board first? Also, I don't play Warconvo since we have relatively casual games
>>
>>50752873
will do but itll be around the first week of Jan at latest
>>
>>50752881

Makes me want to run an Unbound tournament at my FLGS now.
>>
File: 1480804072271.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1480804072271.gif
140KB, 379x440px
>>50752990
>>list tailoring against thousand sons
>>
>>50753051
Scarab Occult + bunch of exalted psykers is a legit small but effective deathstar. It might not be the best one nor the cheapest but deathstar it is. Admech has always had trouble with them.
>>
>>50753051
Yeah I know. I'm not the best player but I can't just avoid the deathstar because they move 12 every turn and he has 2 helldrakes which gives him plenty of board coverage to melt my guys. Given how hard it is to kill that shit I'm pretty sure the only way I'm going to beat him is to shut down his psychic phase somehow.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (15KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
15KB, 241x209px
>>50753089
You could also try fielding a ton of armor since sons have only the psyker phase for AT. What point level is this? Double heldrakes is painful.
>>50753080
That's interesting. I haven't gotten to play my magical sensei compadre yet and I've been worried he was going to be severely underpowered based on the whine train.
>>
>>50753089
Actually with double dragons, you could also try to fuck with his reserve rolls. Callidus comes to mind.
>>
>>50753115
>I've been worried he was going to be severely underpowered based on the whine train.
They are. But they are not completely teethless. Tzeentch lore is full of good powers that pack a wallop and your psykers generally manifest powers more easily than others.

Basically TS can be decent but you just have to really wrangle the power out of them.

Except Magnus. Maggy is just plain powerhouse.
>>
Anons, for some reason I have always believed that Multi-meltas were Assault 1, instead of Heavy 1.

This now invalidates my tac squad loadout of emergency 24" melta.
>>
>>50753115
1500. We might do 1850 next week though. Another problem with vehicles though is he sometimes has invisibility on top of all that, so my onagers can't do shit. I guess I can try ballistarii but I've never felt they were all that great in general.
>>
>>50753115
There are some nasty combo's you can do with the old dusters, but those mostly heavily depends on psychic power gimmicks.

Personally I'm tempted to throw a daemon prince with the TS relic force stave in my list to summon in cannonfodder and do the heavy lifting in melee, but it just seems a bit cheesy to me.
>>
File: youbroketheroos.png (172KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
youbroketheroos.png
172KB, 460x460px
>>50753148
I actually believed heavy flamers were heavy not assault for YEARS.
>>
>>50753138
That's a pretty good idea actually, especially with her bonus to seizing which could shut down his psychic phase before it even gets started.
>>
>>50753177
I mean, regular meltaguns are assault 1, and flamers are also assault template.

I suppose with that logic, we'd both come to incorrect conclusions, though in the opposite directions.

I really wish that the heavy weapon that you could give tacs wasn't so useless if bot playing gunline. I just want to give my tacs a plasma gun and a multimelta, but since the MM isn't really going to do anything, well...
>>
File: 1470966675763.jpg (346KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
1470966675763.jpg
346KB, 873x627px
>>50753184
Double dragons and invisibility at 1500 definitely sounds painful.

You know... stomps don't care about invisibility...

What else messes up reserves anyways?

>>50753156
>>50753144
Yeah it sounds like the psychic phase isnt so much a nice advantage as the mission critical hinge that your army survives on. At the same time, I think the flexibility is almost unparalleled since unlike any other list, you can pick powers based on what you're facing. Full mech? Dat technomancy everywhere.

Im definitely excited to see them in action. I hope I lose horribly.
>>
File: 1345821365676.png (50KB, 627x620px) Image search: [Google]
1345821365676.png
50KB, 627x620px
I'm kinda new, and I don't understand Detachment & Formation, in the context of allies. Assuming no codex specific special rules are in play, my questions are:

1) Is there anything that prevents using two or more of the same detachment? Could I for example have Combined Arms Detachment + TWO Allied Detachments?

1b) Could those two Allied detachments be from the same army? (For example CAD Tyranids + Allied GSC1 + Allied GSC2?)

2) Heck, is there anything that prevents me from using TWO Combined Arms Detachments, same faction or different? (Tyranid CAD + Tyranid CAD, or Tyranid CAD + GSC CAD)

3) Are allies even forced to use the Allied detachment at all? If they have unique detachments in their codex, could I just use one of those instead? What about Allied formations, are those allowed?
>>
>>50753221
I wish multi meltas were a bit better on infantry purely for how cool they look.

Currently I kinda see them as just a pike for warning enemy armored cavalry to stay 24" fucked off.
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 1490pts.jpg (136KB, 900x751px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 1490pts.jpg
136KB, 900x751px
Trying to make a 1500 point list for Thousand Sons. I don't think it's necessarily good but it could be fun. The idea is to run jump pack terminators and the beat stick sorcerer with the spawn.
>>
>>50752990
What point level? What do the rest of the lists look like?

Either you're cherry-picking or you're lying, because it's extremely unlikely that he's routinely generating Veil of Time and Invisibility.

Culuxus is better than Sisters, as TS won't have the weight of fire to deal with it. Just use infiltrate to keep him out of LoS of your own dudes.

Bringing armor would be a better option. He can't reliably generate powers to deal with the armor AND get powers to keep the deathstar alive. A knight in particular would be good, as it can just stomp them to death.
>>
>>50753272
You don't have to use the allied detachment, you can bring allies in any detachment you wish.
>>
>>50753156
Seer's Bane isn't as good as Black Mace on a DP. Seer's Bane is best on an Exalted.
>>
>>50753279
I was gonna get these, anon.

These ones are so cool.
>>
File: IMG_3230.jpg (58KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3230.jpg
58KB, 600x620px
>>50753315
Forgot pic like a retard.

I should go to sleep.
>>
>>50753272
Yes.

Yes.

Its fine.

Nope, the allied detatchment refers now purely to a specific detatchment by that name which has a rule that requires it to be a different faction from that of your primary detatchment. Allies are now purely the matrix chart. You can include a formation or detatchment of whoever you want and the matrix governs their interaction. But for example, you can bring a tyranid cad as primary and a gsc... i can't remember a gsc formation name... subterrannean uprising? You're always battleforged as long as everything is in a formation or a detatchment
>>
>>50753322
So cool. So cool.

I might actually make some damned legionnaires just for the snp mm.
>>
>>50753272

I bloody hope they remove the Allied detachment next edition. It's responsible for so much confusion as to how allies work.
>>
>>50750158
Remember; these are the kind of rules we're gonna see once Age of the Emperor hits

"Ancient Dignity: Dragons are ancient and prideful creatures, and the Elves that
ride them are no less haughty, but from such nobility and dignity stems an inner
strength. If, during your entire hero phase, you can maintain a dignified (even
arrogant) composure and not smile, smirk or laugh regardless of your opponent's
antics, you may re-roll all hit rolls of 1 made for models in a Dragon Host until
your next hero phase."

"The Mad Count: Marius Leitdorf is an
exceptional swordsman, even if he is totally
insane. If, during your hero phase, you
pretend to ride an imaginary horse, you
can re-roll failed hit rolls for the Averland
Runefang until your next hero phase. If
you actually talk to your imaginary horse
you can re-roll failed wound rolls as well."

"Bloodwrack Stare: When making a
Bloodwrack Stare attack, pick a visible
unit within range and roll a dice for each
model in that unit; for each roll of 6 or
more that unit suffers a mortal wound as
they foolishly meet the Medusa's deadly
gaze. You can add 1 to these dice rolls if,
between the time you declare the target of
the attack and time you roll the dice, your
opponent looks you directly in the eye."

7th edition 40k could have been much worse.
>>
>>50753373
I wouldn't mind an optional ruleset with stuff like this.
>>
Tell me fa/tg/uys, why the FUCK did they let a space wolf furry fucker design the thousand sons book? havent they learned ANYTHING!? They even kid about it in the designer review video
>>
>>50753303
>>50753325

Cheers.

>>50753347

Yeah, probably the exact reason why I'm confused. It first looks like THIS IS WHAT YOU USE FOR ALLIES, but when I started reading the book + FAQ properly for planning my list, I kinda realized nothing actually forces you to use it.
>>
>>50753383
It'd be fine if the game was played solely with friends, after 5 or 6 drinks, but imagine how horribly awkward the "don't look in their eyes and don't smile" meta would be when playing against acquaintances at your flgs.
>>
>>50750158
Can lasgun arrays on the chimera shoot in a 360 or even straight ahead or are they fixed only to shoot towards the sides?

It says each array can fire at different targets than the chimera so do they not count towards how many weapons it fired?
>>
File: 1474495105425.jpg (359KB, 801x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1474495105425.jpg
359KB, 801x1600px
>>50753388
>>
What's the smallest game a Tzeentch War Coven would function properly in, assuming I want to take it at full strength for the Favoured of Tzeentch bonus?

Do the Sorcerers still have generate at least one Tzeentch power?

Does that mean I'll need to upgrade some to mastery level 2 to benefit from the Prosperine Cult rule?
>>
>>50753305
I'm not talking about Seer's Bane, any dipshit can figure out that's better on something with higher leadership.

I'm talking about the one that's only 10 points, same stats as a force stave but enemy units trying to charge the bearer have -2 charge distance or something. It might be the only way to get yourself a DP with a force weapon, which seems pretty baller against gargantuan creatures or units of monsterous creatures.
>>
>>50753347
A name change would be nice.

"Friend Detachment"
"Pals Detachment"
"Buddy Buddy Guy Detatchment"
>>
File: 1473105282904.jpg (118KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
1473105282904.jpg
118KB, 1024x724px
>>50753423
Fucking furfags.
>>
>>50753449
1) My guess is 1850 and upwards, cheapest core formation that still got me favoured of tzeentch and was somewhat functional ran 1700

2) yes

3) it does
>>
>>50753459

It needs more structure, than anything. Friend, Pal and Buddy detachments don't mean shit if you can just play pseudo-unbound anyways and bring any detachments you want.

Issue here is that the Friend detachment is meaningless, because you don't need to use it to bring Friends to the party. They're already there.
>>
File: pals.jpg (96KB, 600x902px) Image search: [Google]
pals.jpg
96KB, 600x902px
>>50753459

>Pals Detachment

Way too grim dark
>>
File: Jokaero Infiltration Team.jpg (97KB, 1152x353px) Image search: [Google]
Jokaero Infiltration Team.jpg
97KB, 1152x353px
>>
>>50753486
I kinda see friend and CAD as build your own detatchments. Yeah you don't get particularly good bonuses, but you get whatever units you want as long as you take the hq and troop tax. Which, obviously, is the cost.
>>
>>50753503
I was hoping you'd catch this.
>>
>>50753515

Yeah, but as establised, you don't actually need to use the Allied detachment for allies. Unless you're really short on troops and really can't afford that second compulsory troops option, then you might as well bring a second CAD for your allies then.
>>
>>50753478
I was thinking of taking a couple of CADs of IW Obliterators so every sorcerer could have their own ObjSec heavy weapon escort and every unit could cast Psychic Shriek each turn.

Different detachments can be different Legions I assume?

Not sure if this will last very long in games bigger than 1500 points.
Maybe if I add a few Voidshield Generators.

War Coven looks so temptingly cheap but once all 10 guys are properly equipped it's getting quite pricey in points cost.
>>
Did anyone pre-order the immolator?

Is it plastic and resin now or did they just fuck up the description?
>>
File: 1472357995986.jpg (200KB, 960x901px) Image search: [Google]
1472357995986.jpg
200KB, 960x901px
Help me pick fellow doll pushers.

Should I work on my Chaos army that's almost fully painted.

Or should I work on my sisters/inq army that's roughly half way painted?
>>
>>50753589
Preorder _IMMOLATOR_? That 10year old model?

Its full plastic.
>>
Spent yesterday getting hammered, do we have imperial agents yet?
>>
So guys, i really need an opinion on this. I am new to playing this game, ive played maybe one game ever but i have alot of models that i enjoy painting (badly).
Now I got around 200eur of gw giftvouchers in a trade from a guy in a trade for some older models i had that i spent on the new dw box, i loved the look of their flyer so i got that, got the book cause i really want to start playing them. Yesterday there was a tourney at my club with people from my area. And when i mentioned my purchase people with well over 15 years of experience gave me the "u dun goofed" stare, saying that DW are perhaps the hardest spess muhreen faction to play - now did i? Are they really that hard compared to say my space wolves?

Pros: low modelcount, customizable squads of termies mixed with bikes and vets, special ammo for good weapons, good in melee, easy to get a half decent paintjob on, afaik a really good formation that lets you deepstrike your entire army etc

Cons: low modelcount, no obsec, really expensive units, slim selection of armoured vehicles. To name a few off the back of my head..

Am i missing something here? What makes them so hard to play? Or are these people trying to make me regret my purchase since i basically got these for "free"? Should i have just stuck to my wolves if i wanted to play? The basic rules for this game are quite complex as it is for me.
>>
>>50753289
He runs 3-4 sorcerers in a 5 man jump terminator squad, 1 unit of 5-10 rubric marines, 2 helldrakes, 2 squads of tzaangors, and sometimes some chaos spawn
>>
>>50753640
I'm sorry to hear you're still being bullied in your adult years.
>>
>>50753632

Yeah I know, but they've not been for sale for a couple of years now, and the description on the website says it's a plastic and resin model.
>>
>>50753642
>Or are these people trying to make me regret my purchase since i basically got these for "free"?

Are you fucking retarded? Why would you think up such a stupid fucking suspicion?

And yes, SW are much easier and better than DW. DW are perfectly playable as long as you are used to maneuvering elite, expensive armies and are smart enough to properly wargear them, which can be tough as they have tons of unique wargear.
>>
>>50750158
Does anyone have ebooks of books 9 (Watchers in Death) and 10 (Last Son of Dorn) in The Beast Arises series? I have 1-8 and 11-12, but have only been able to find audiobook links for these two.
>>
>>50753632
>>50753684
I heard that the original moulds for the plastic Immolator sprue broke. Maybe they had to recast the parts in resin?
>>
>play mech CSM list with lots of rhinos, vindicators, helcult, etc at 1500 points
>my m8's astra militarum is a metric fuckanus load of guardsmen and heavy weapon teams with autocannons
>he just plops down his horde of guardsmen in his deployment zone, keeps them from running away with commissar shenanigans or something, and dakka's all my shit to death as I struggle in vain to make it across the table
>if I even *do* get there, I just don't have nearly enough bolter shots, templates or what the hell ever to do anything about all these dudes

what am I supposed to do about this, it just seems like there's not enough dakka in the codex to deal with hordes. green tide orks gave me some trouble in the past too though I haven't played against them since their apparently shit latest codex
>>
>>50753684
They probably copied that over from the Exorcist description.
>>
>>50753721
You need more terrain, so he can't just sit in deployment.
>>
>>50753721
>What is terrain
>>
>>50753757
Holy shit is Exorcist now plastic/resin model instead of plastic/metal? Damn son. I have three old metal ones and you could probably bludgeon someone to death with them.
>>
>>50753721
LoS blocking terrain

fill your presumably empty fast attack slots with
>5 raptors, 2 flamers

Alternatively take chosen with flamers. Or termicide squads with combi-weapons and a heavy flamer. Hordes get beaten by templates. Chaos can get a fuckload of templates on the table.
>>
>>50751581
>that stubby assault cannon
why not use the proper one?
>>
Imperial Agents is up, btw why 4chan banned my desktop?
>>
>>50753721
>what is a heldrake
str 6 ap 3 ignores cover, means he is straight fucked
>>
>>50753810
What do you mean? It looks like the Contemptor's assault cannons. The boxnought AC is the stubby one.
>>
>>50753839
in the mega?
>>
>>50753846
Heldrake isn't that great against horde guard for its points cost.
>>
>>50753810
That gun's barely any shorter than the official model. And how many Imperial gatling guns do you know, besides the kheres, that has its barrels not touching?
>>
>>50753856
Apparently yes
>>
File: 4563456374865.jpg (114KB, 900x904px) Image search: [Google]
4563456374865.jpg
114KB, 900x904px
been trying this list yesterday against imperial fists

won 13 to 12 on maesltrom and it was one of the best matches i have played in a long time

but going on the listbuilding i saw these problems:
>the priest didn't do jack shit
>the lord was pretty great for going around buffing cultists and fisting marines but ultimately 3+ armor was his bane
>I deployed pretty badly. one marine unit was pretty much in the open and the cultists were spreaded out without any idea of where to attack
>chosen are great. outflanking 4 meltas is pretty good and they can still be nasty in close combat
>the hellbrute... well he's a tax, what to expect?
I am considering removing the mindveil to give a flamer to each cultist unit, plus trying to get some spare points elsewhere to make both units of csm full plasma.
rhinos aren't really necessary since i can just outflank if i fear the firepower of the opponent
also highlight:
>my chaos lord dies
>but he wasn't really my warlord
>chosen champion becomes new warlord
>gets charged by assault marines and chaplain, challenges chaplain
>kills the chaplain in challenge
>rolls on boon table
>DAEMONHOOD
>>
So I plan on making a small Militarum Tempestus force, 1000 points or so with some allies, to represent a Temple Tendency task force (The Temple Tendency where a cult from one of the Dark Heresy splats, they're remnants of the Temple of the Saviour cult who caused the reign of blood, basically worshipping in secret and planning the fall of the current Ecclesiarchy) and was wondering if any of you had conversion ideas to make the scions look more ecclesiarchy-y.

Also, is it ever mentioned if the Adeptus Ministorum symbol changed since the reign of blood, or has it always been the pillar with the skull?
>>
>>50753702
I'll trade you, I don't have an epub of 11 if you got it please link. I have all the others here;
#F!kd0ESbbb!SjczluZSV968YQqctjbHsA
>>
>>50753764
The whole point of heavy weapons teams is that they can't do anything more than sit in deployment shooting.
>>
>>50753864
the barrels themselves are shorter. and why cant you sue the plastic kherse?
>>
>>50753952
You can move them up slowly, one at a time. While one moves, another provides overwatch. Repeat until you get them somewhere useful.
>>
>>50750294

Most? Aside from the very lackluster Phoenix Lords, Eldar are very fluffy. Especially Aspects. I'd probably give it GSC overall though. Lots of personality in that army.

Least? Tyranids. Disposable hordes of melee, becomes elite long range units.
>>
>>50753961
>the barrels themselves are shorter.

Yeah, by a few millimeters.

>why cant you sue the plastic kherse?

Because I don't want to. Because they look more like a Tau burst cannon than an Imperial gatling gun. Because thicc barrels look like the original Epic model.
>>
>>50750390

Nothing. It's COMPLETELY arbitrary. Only wounds are more whimsically assigned.

>Imperial Guard HQs have more wounds than marines, because lol
>Slow as molasses, 3 fingered fuckwit of a Tau can attack more times in CC than a blindingly fast Eldar despite being shit at melee all because he got promoted to sergeant
>>
>>50753991
I'd agree with you, but I'd say Tau are a strong contender for least fluffy too. Despite having large amounts of all sorts of alien races integrated into their empire, and human auxiliaries, you only see two races other than Tau represented on the tabletop, and barely at that. It wouldn't surprise me if most people had forgotten Vespids even existed.

On top of that, with long range weapons and extremely strong shooting, regular Tau units also seem to be discouraged to actually attempt any kind of Tau strategies (Kauyon or Mont'ka). There's no point in making surgical strikes (Mont'ka) when it's more effective to simply blow away whatever presents a threat using your long ranged super suits, and there's not a lot of scope for ambushes (Kauyon) when the codex has three infiltrating units, two of which are outclassed by most other codex units.
>>
>>50753934
A lot of it can probably be done simply with color scheme. Try to match the rich red/black/white/silver/gold scheme of SoB. It might also be neat to use some 3rd party heads. Maybe hooded ones like these https://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=528 or something. Also greenstuff some of the Ecclesiarchy's "I" symbol on to them.
>>
>>50750250
Cut chose, cut rhinos, split bikes, Black mace for DP, get the warlord a Relic
>>
>>50754006
>personal taste
well then, fair enough
>>
>>50750250
Looks good, chosen are big fire magnets, and you will struggle vs a million guards. Shame vindicators are hard to get into decurions
>>
>>50754065

Yeah, Tau are probably up there with Nids as least fluffy. It'd be great to see stuff like Vespids, Kroot, Gue'vesa get some love. An Auxiliaries supplement could be really cool.

I don't know enough about Tau to dispute you on Mont'la/Kauyon, but aren't Farsight Enclaves fairly playable for close range deep strikes? I thought battlesuits were said to be pretty decent? I'd say stealth suits at least rep Kauyon okay, but I think that's largely due to Hunter Cadres glancing vehicles to pieces rather than any real ambush shenanigans.
>>
>>50754135
I'm maybe being a little unfair to Tau, because they CAN be played in a fluffy manner, with plenty of scope for ambush trickery and surgical strikes, but it just tends to be less effective than playing a list with as many Crisis/Riptide suits as possible, plus enough markerlights to support them.

Lists that perform best for Tau tend to rely on a lot of suicidal deep striking crisis suits too, which is debatably kinda vaguely perhaps sorta meant to be Mont'ka, but Tau are explicitly very unwilling to simply throw away troops in suicidal attacks, it's why their plasma rifles are lower strength but without Gets Hot, and why the Riptide's Nova Reactor induced butthurt even in Tau players, and why the Tau view last stands as simply a silly idea, not as something glorious or heroic.
>>
File: Trial Slaanesh list.png (62KB, 767x1021px) Image search: [Google]
Trial Slaanesh list.png
62KB, 767x1021px
Hi TG,
Building my first army since 5th ed. What are your thoughts on this setup, I'm using the traitors legions dex. Sorry I haven't got pretty pictures for you. The whole army is battleforged.
>>
>>50753937
The original link I got on here is dead now. I did a /tg/ archive search though, and found this:

https:// drive. google. com/drive/folders/0Bxp5FFNGAWKqdW1lOVFmQ0NYZGM
>>
>>50753702
Did yo fins a audiobook of 11 and 12? can't get them anywhere.
>>
File: These Warriors When.jpg (392KB, 1260x1470px) Image search: [Google]
These Warriors When.jpg
392KB, 1260x1470px
What are peoples issues with the Newcron fluff? Is it just you preferred oldcrons? Or is there something about the foundation of their 'new' fluff that you find objectionable?
>>
>>50754309
Nope, no audiobooks after 10.
>>
>>50754334
Bugger they were great for doing drudgework with moldlines and shit.
>>
>>50750592
>Eh, just cut em off the aspiring champions. Replace with swords. Or, if your playgroup is nice, ask to counts-as a power sword
Aren't Lightning Claws mathematically superior to swords assuming you have more than one attack on your profile? Not that swords/claws aren't questionable as is
>>
>>50754322
I'd like to see 40K add more alien factions that really seem alien, rather than just make more aliens that are basically humans with bells and whistles on top, so Newcrons were naturally going to rub me the wrong way. Amping up the Egyptian elements also felt like going in the wrong direction, since Thousand Sons already had the "Egypt in Space" niche covered. I would have preferred it if Gee-dubs built up their cosmic horror aspects instead.

I'm not really anti-Newcron though, just pro-Oldcron.
>>
>>50754296
Woo, thank you so much!
>>
>>50754378
Champion with claw: 0,75 dead marines
Champion with pistol+sword:0,75 dead marines

Against hive tyrant (T6 sv3+)
claw: 0,305 wounds
sword: 0,25 wounds
>>
>>50750198
Noone informed me that this was a cringe thread.
>>
>>50754348
Someone will probably upload them eventually. It's slow goings with 40K piracy these days though, since BranStark's stopped uploading, or gone on hiatus, or something.
>>
>>50750446
Plastic Sisters in February.
>>
File: 1439166399017.jpg (125KB, 1007x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1439166399017.jpg
125KB, 1007x1024px
>>50753373
What a meme. Those were just for the introduction rules, since then they hasnt been a single rule like that.

Whats wrong, you played bretonions and got but hurt you were left out of the new fluff unlike skaven master race?
>>
>>50754469
source?
>>
>>50754481
>asking for source

>for sisters in february

Anon, that's a meme. Ignore it.
>>
>>50754493
Dammit i was hoping they finally had a source for there Dreams so i wouldnt have to feel sad for the SoB fans.
>>
>>50754469
It'd be nice. I've been hearing conflicting rumours about whether there will or won't be plastic Sisters though (all apparently from people with inside contacts in GW), so I'll remain skeptical until something solid comes up.

I'm feeling a bit doubtful though, since GW are pushing the metal models alongside the Imperial Agents book. Might just be an attempt at offloading old stock, but if numbers aren't low enough to get them down to Last Chance to Buy status yet (Celestine notwithstanding)...
>>
>>50753373
I can deal with that, as long as every fucking character's name doesn't end up being some variation on Hatedeath Bloodkill, or some other cheese-supreme Saturday morning cartoon shit like in AoS.
>>
>>50754527
(Not that Dog Wolfborn, Wolfy Wolf of the Space Wolves on a giant wolf, equipped with Wolf Claws, is much better, of course.)
>>
>>50754419
How does that change if you assume you have a S5 marine, eg blood angels.
>>
File: Orks - 1850.jpg (190KB, 900x941px) Image search: [Google]
Orks - 1850.jpg
190KB, 900x941px
Rate me.
>>
>>50754477
Aren't high elves (or whatever the fuck they're called now) still using those rules?
Aren't empire still using those rules?
They haven't had updates yet, more than a year after this game dropped.
>>
Epubs are shit.

Pdfs are the master race.
>>
>>50754558
No, and no. They've gotten new rules, but not Battletomes.

The old meme rules are in the Compendiums, not the rules in their store pages or the app.
>>
>>50753905
Is there a formation that allows you to field more Chosen instead of other units so that your army is a mix of Chosen and Cultists and some support ?
>>
>>50752803
mix some blood red with white elements school glue, or equivalent. This will create a 3d blood area, let set for a few hours, highlight, let dry, seal, and celebrate while you let it dry.
>>
>>50754603
Elmer's Glue? Autocorrect?
>>
>>50751670
Too Cute must have!

>>50751736
If they won't the 32mm will just make her look a little taller than a typical space marine.
>>
>>50751416
I'll hold off on all judgements about your army until after I see it fully painted.

>>50751546
I captured this list for Chaos! I might do up a unit of possessed this way, might make them look a bit cooler.
>>
>>50754611
Auto Correct...yes Elmer's Glue
>>
File: Children of Dragon 1000.jpg (209KB, 900x793px) Image search: [Google]
Children of Dragon 1000.jpg
209KB, 900x793px
So this is my starting point.
modified for the advice against using double claws. Anyone see anything I'm doing wrong at 1k points?
>>
I can't decide on an army, and I'm unable to do anything productive until I do.

Please help.
>>
>>50754993
Well what armies are you thinking of right now? And what do you like about them?
>>
>>50753905
Well done Alpharius. The primarch(s) would be proud.
>>
>>50754593
Yeah it's called Cyphers fallen. Sadly alpha legion can't take any unique characters so they can never take. They even get ATSKNF as well
>>
>>50755036
Fluff wise, I like dark eldar, chaos, Tyranids
Crunch wise, I like the idea of unconventional attacks. Like both dark eldar and chaos have ways to dramatically lower leadership, which would be great if half of all armies weren't atsknf. I'd love to make an army that focuses on terrifying is opponents into running away.

Or really any unconventional attack.

I also like the idea of assaulting, but this game seems designed to discourage it.
>>
>>50754768
It looks like all tax and no bite. Does Emps Children make the chaos marines good like Deathguard does?
>>
File: 13-19-36-centurion5.jpg (190KB, 900x384px) Image search: [Google]
13-19-36-centurion5.jpg
190KB, 900x384px
>>50754993
Jump on the chaos bank wagon! Choo choo!
>>
>>50755098
>Tyranids
>unconventional attacks
>assaulting

How about GSC, possibly with Tyranid allies?
>>
>>50755102
Yes! Yes it does. And the tax units aren't bad either. All these units have Feel no Pain. and Combat Drugs (Random Combat Buffs to stat line), the Chosen unit (and the Lord who will join them) have a 4+ Feel no pain.
>>
>>50755098
Both DE and Chaos have things they can do with leadership that make knowing no Fear not count for a damn. And I'll have to check again but ATSKNF only causes them to auto rally, they aren't fearless.
>>
>>50755207
I did a read through the de codex, and most of their grenades that hit leadership can't hit atsknf. So how do you get around it?
>>
>>50755256
Download and read Traitor Legions.

Blissgiver don't give a shit about ATSKNF and kills if they fail their leadership save.
>>
>>50750936
I dont even. Theres so much wrong with this list.

You dont need to put lightning claws on aspiringing champions, that is just waste of point. Take bolters instead of CCW. Drop hellbrute, it just sucks and buy avenger to your knight.
>>
>>50755356
How is a I5 (minimum) AP3 attack that rerolls to wound fails a bad thing? Put that into a charge turn and that's 3 attacks to rip apart my enemy. What is not to love about that?
>>
>>50755356
Also, if I drop the Hellbrute then I have to add Havoks which are more expensive for the same role, and basically waste the cost of Mark of Slaanesh (which they have to take mandatory by EC rules) as they will be stationary long range weapon platforms. At least the brute can waddle along at 6 inches each turn and fire at full BS, and charge into combat. Also doesn't require MoS.
>>
>>50755356
...I have bolters AND CCW + pistol thank you very much. Well worth the 2 points to carry 3 weapons in a squad that is going to be assaulting.
>>
>>50755154
So your lord and chosen will ride up, disembark and get shot to death?I'm just not seeing it. Why isn't your lord on a bike or a steed with some spawn?
>>
>>50755501 havoc can take melta or flamers and still benefit from all the bonuses of the formation
>>
>>50751335
Hey iam too using murrder packs and hellcults . Love hellbrutes
>>
>>50755680
They ride up. The Rhino slides into place like a high speed parallel parking job so it's facing the enemy with it's side armor. The lord and the squad hop out on the far side. Enemy turn...they shoot the rhino to get at me since it's screening for me. even if they don't they have to move to shoot me which means no heavy weapons, and moving close to me making it easier to charge them. Even if shots hit me I can Feel no pain them if I fail the save since they will be at 4+. Plus I have ablative wounds. Expensive Ablative wounds but ablative none the less.
>>
>>50755705
They are still more expensive than the brute.
>>
>>50755819
Havocs with 4 Autocannons and MoS are 125 points.
>>
Trying to decide between Blood Angels and Space Wolves. Which one is the better assault army?

Also, how do I equip Wulfen?
Leader with claws, 2 claws, 2 axes and everyone gets grenade launchers? 220 Points
>>
How do I effectively build emperor's children?
>>
>>50755965
Kakophoni. Kakophoni everywhere.
>>
>>50755965
use modelling glue
>>
Okay, this is probably the ultimate cheese, but let's say I have a lot of sorcerers attached to a terminator annihilation force. All my sorcerers roll on sanctic, for gate of infinity.

During my psychic phase, I use gate of infinity as many times as I can.

Do the termies get to shoot after each use?

It seems pretty clear to me that they do, but I might be missing a hidden rule.
>>
>>50755104
>chaos band wagon
>post grav cents
>>
File: SoB.png (75KB, 676x1992px) Image search: [Google]
SoB.png
75KB, 676x1992px
Rate please?
>>
>>50750294
>least
Tyranids by a LONG shot. Like, whatever would take second least is still 3x better off.

>most
Ironically, GSC.
>>
File: vomit.jpg (82KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
vomit.jpg
82KB, 680x680px
>>50756366
2000 point army

a total of 16 different models
>>
>>50756519
?

Cause they're all a variety of Sister?
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-12-18 16.50.37.png (889KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-12-18 16.50.37.png
889KB, 1920x1080px
Guys?
>>
>>50756591
MAJOR NERFS INCOMING
>>
>>50756519
Lmao dummy he had 28 models in troops alone.
>>
>>50755837
...wait what? They can take Autocannons now? I only own missile and Las cannon.
>>
File: nerfornothin.png (234KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
nerfornothin.png
234KB, 400x400px
>>50756591
Two possibilities here.
Pic related.
>>
>>50756659
Infact my old devastator squad was 2 missile 2 las, tank hunter upgrade, and champion had a pet wolf.
>>
>>50756659
"now"? They have been able to take them since 3rd edition. Maybe even 2nd edition.
>>
>>50756776
Wow yeah your right I just pulled my old Chaos Codex off the shelf. They did have auto cannon as an option back in third I just chose the missile launcher because it was better Strength and AP and more versatile in that I could also shoot frag missiles to deal with those annoying troops too if I faced a horde army.
>>
>>50756184
can't use psychic powers more then once in a unit so the question is null

>>50755839
space wolves have thunder cav, helfrost, and 3++ on dreads which smash most of what blood angels have but they do have death company and attacks for days
>>
>>50756591

Fucking book reprints
Stop trying to bring out the anti tau autistshits
>>
>>50756877
Nah, that's still useful. Since you can gate of eternity once per turn. That lets you get two shooting phases per turn for your termies.
>>
Where is the orikan empowered profile, and why isn't it on the same page as orikans profile
>>
>>50757003
go for it
Thread posts: 399
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.