[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG LEGACY GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 31

File: scrubland.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
scrubland.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
TOTALLY BLOWING IT EDITION
Talk about times you've totally blown it.

Thread Rules:
1) Names are allowed for denoting what deck you play
2) Ignore shitposters
3) Don't turn into the Modern General
4) No counterfeit discussion, either for or against. Don't bring them up. Period.

RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art (Updated through Duel Decks: Jace vs Chandra)
https://sites.google.com/site/mtgbasics/

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Miracles: The Match-Up Everyone Should Know
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-defeat-miracles/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
http://www.channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Common Legacy - Decks You Should Prepare to Face
>Miracles
>Delver variants (Grixis, Izzet, BUG, RUG)
>ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

Uncommon Legacy - Decks You Should Know About
>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

Rare Legacy - Decks You May See On Occasion
>Enchantress
>MUD
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Pox Control
>Blood Moon Stompy variants
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach
>Stax (White or Black)
>Deadguy Ale
>Landstill
>Affinity
>Oops, All Spells
>Tin Fins

Mythic Legacy - Decks You'll See Once a Year
>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils (DDFT)
>Cheerios
>Nourshing Lich
>Non-Eldrazi Moon-less Stompy variants
>Spanish Inquisition
>Ux Omnitell
>Parfait
>The Cure (Kavu Predator + False Cure)
>>
I can get Tin Fins pretty close to built, but I haven't got a solid list picked out. What do people like?
>>
File: 20161217_205409~2.jpg (1MB, 3484x1999px) Image search: [Google]
20161217_205409~2.jpg
1MB, 3484x1999px
Alright boys, this is it. This is the list I'm taking to the gpt. Jank brought to the forefront.

>>50749865
Nice Scrubland OP. Build cleric tribal.
>>
>>50750488
Nice China man trops, almost passable.
>>
>>50750511
>4. No counterfeit discussion, either for or against. Don't bring them up. Period.
>>
>>50750580
Who do you work for? WOTC or SCG?
>>
File: 1477321342835-pol.jpg (171KB, 1520x1604px) Image search: [Google]
1477321342835-pol.jpg
171KB, 1520x1604px
>>50749865
>times you totally blew it
Cabal Therapy, name Force of Will, don't see it but do see two Brainstorms.

Proceed to cast another Cabal Therapy mindlessly naming Force of Will again.
>>
How can I beat Delver with Infect? They have so much removal and counterspells, really feels like infect has the short end of the stick in the match up
>>
>>50750858
counterfeiting out-of-print staples doesn't hit wizards' bottom line.
>>
>>50749865
>I abrupt decay your top
>Okay
>so it's destroyed?
>Yeah
>Okay
>put top in graveyard and go fuck now I can't do the 2 top mentor combo and kill him next turn
>realize now that top was untapped and he fucked up first not me and then I proceeded to fuck it so much more

And that is how you lose against nic fit
>>
>>50750511
How can you even tell that? To me it looks like their condition is just a little TOO good. Like they dont have any ware.
>>
>>50750903
noble beats.
>>
So I was watching the SCG deck tech with Joe lossett for his miracles deck. He brings up a really good point about flusterstorm and how powerful it is and how much value you can get out of it. Anyone have input on the right amount to have? I know the usual consensus is to have 1-2 but he plays 3 in his board. With 3 it's seems like it'd be easy to win WAY more counter wars and have your opponents Guard down after you cast 2. What's /tg/'s thoughts?
>>
>>50752559
Looking at his list versus some others it seems the extra flusterstorm is in place of a red/pyroblast.

I guess if you expect more spells versus blue permanents, like delver, Jace, and counterbalance, its probably a good call. I think I would rather have the answers for permanents but as with a lot of situations its probably a metagame call.
>>
anon asking about deathrite shaman+stoneforge from last thread

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=103571

This is labeled deathblade. I've tried searching and apparently the difference is that deathblade is more midrange/aggro and stoneblade is more control. Is deathblade just stoneblade plus deathrite shaman? Hence the death?

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=107204
http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=105354
http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=104993

These are labeled stoneblade but have deathrite shaman. Is SCG just wrong?

I like the last list. 104993 by Josh Libassi. Is it fine? Should I add a fourth Force of Will over something like Painful Truths? It's probably stock af but I don't really care about 'spice'.
>>
>>50753906
>>50753906
oh shit, the list I like is 61 cards. Are Thoughtseize and Abrupt Decay the only real things I get out of actually playing black?

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=105811
This looks like it'll play much more aggro, four True Name and four Daze. What actually makes Esper Stoneblade better than Bant Deathblade?

and seriously, what's the difference between death and stoneblade?
>>
>>50753906
>>50753947
It depends on what you want.
DRS is absolutely busted and Thoughtseize improves the combo matchup. Deathblade would be something I'd play over bant Stoneblade due to it actually having DRS, which really is a dumb card.
>>
Soooooo, I tested UBg Reanimator with MD Show and Tell. I wasn't really impressed. What should I play in that spot? Another Ponder? Animate dead?

//Lands
1 Bayou
2 Misty Rainforest
2 Verdant Catacombs
1 Island
4 Polluted Delta
1 Swamp
1 Tropical Island
3 Underground Sea

//Spells
4 Brainstorm
4 Careful Study
2 Collective Brutality
3 Daze
4 Entomb
4 Exhume
4 Force of Will
4 Lotus Petal
2 Ponder
4 Reanimate
1 Show and Tell
2 Thoughtseize

//Creatures
1 Archetype of Endurance
1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
3 Griselbrand
1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
1 Tidespout Tyrant

//Sideboard
SB: 3 Abrupt Decay
SB: 1 Echoing Truth
SB: 1 Golgari Charm
SB: 1 Grave Titan
SB: 1 Inkwell Leviathan
SB: 1 Massacre
SB: 2 Pithing Needle
SB: 3 Show and Tell
SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
>>
>>50750488
why do you post a picture of ur deck in every thread?
>>
>>50750488
so I think the Standstill tech seems sick, pretty sure I've mentioned that before. seems like it lets you play a longer game by slowing down your opponent, but also potentially win out of nowhere by re-gassing your hand. What I don't get is the Grip of Phyresis in the board. Does Jitte fuck with you that bad? wouldn't another Kgrip or a Pithing Needle be better? is it just for spice?
>>
File: 14796770617882084349557.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
14796770617882084349557.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>50755035
I like pictures of decks.

>>50755132
Jitte molests the fuck out of me. But I like the idea of either having killed jitte and taking a sword, or using the jitte as removal that gets around mother. Who knows if it might be terrible. I haven't actually tested it whatsoever.

Post more deckpics.
>>
>>50750903
don't be afraid to berserk a delver or young pyromancer

resolve sylvan library

inkmoth nexus

it's very skill testing, but I've found the matchup to be roughly even, with rug being the hardest
>>
>>50751425
I thought miracles lost to nic fit by having a bunch of essentially dead counterbalances in their deck
>>
>>50755779
iirc the Counterbalances have less targets than normal, but it's still a creature-based deck vs a deck with a 1 mana boardwipe.
>>
>>50756050
don't a lot of them play dumb shit like sorin grim nemesis? can't terminus that, moterfucker
>>
>>50756200
I think there's a lot of variance in Nic Fit lists, since theres a lot of ways to go when you have so much mana. Terminus disrupts then from working up the Birthing Pod chain and denies them from going to gy.
>>
>>50749865
>Times where you've totally blown it
I miscounted my mana during a storm turn and realized I was 1 short of casting past in flames in my hand and scooped. My opponent points out that I could have cracked the LED and just flashed it back, though he had force to stop me (I had REB and would have had the extra mana I needed to use it)

.shame
>>
>>50750868
I'm playing merfolk vs CounterTop at Knightware in LA.

TWO forces in my hand, one daze. He plays senseis top....

"yeah it resolves"

I almost wanted to just get up and leave magic forever when I did that.
>>
>>50750903
The rare times I do lose to Infect, it's because they got an Inkmoth Nexus out.

Also, iirc, you can Berserk opponent's creatures. It's crazy but can work.

>>50756200
>don't a lot of them play dumb shit like sorin grim nemesis? can't terminus that, moterfucker

All Nic Fit decks play dumb shit. I played against one that was almost literally the KTK/BFZ standard Abzan deck except it had the 4 Veteran Explorer/Cabal Therapy and a couple Meren of Clan Tel Noth.

Dude I played against called it "Standard Nightmares"
>>
>>50755779
The Matchup isn't actually that terrible (I don't think miracles has any super bad matchups besides 12-post). It's around 60-40 for them and it's hard to guess what they have in their deck because no nic fit deck is the same as the next (in my experience at least).
>>
File: 1471269252291.gif (2MB, 274x257px) Image search: [Google]
1471269252291.gif
2MB, 274x257px
>opponent casts needle
>"sure, resolves."
>opponent looks at me kind of funny
>I look kind of funny right back at him
>"...naming?"
>opponent shrugs, reaches over and taps my 3x Polluted delta
>shame scoop on the spot
He revealed his hand and did in fact have that stifle I was trying to play around, but that was a 100% go commit sudoku moment.
>>
>>50755571
>Duress instead of Thoughtseize
>4th Duress over a 4th Cabal Therapy when you're already running 4 Gitaxian Probe
W-Why..?
>>
>>50756729
not him and I don't play doomsday at all, but thougtseize in a deck where casting your wincon costs half your life seems bad. also, I think they're sometimes supposed to save probe for the combo turn, and he's really just using the discard to clear the way for doomsday to resolve.
>>
>>50755571
Honestly I have no problem with the white border, except for the fact you did the fetches wrong.
>>
>>50756729
>>50756923
This guy pretty much nailed it. There is an argument for thoughtseize in the boad as a wish hit but I still don't like that. The life loss can be very relevant. Sometimes you have to pass the turn after casting dooms day, or cast it 2-3 times in a turn, and 2 life can be significant, especially if you also need to probe and pay life. Duress is better than therapy in many situations, like when you don't know what they have. Even with 4 probe, you don't always have it to synergize with therapy, and it's one of the best can trips to hold to draw into a pile since it costs no mana.
>>
>>50749865
Round 3 at gp side event (I'm on eldrazi opponent is on infect) game 1 eldrazi pound my opponent into dust. Game 2 get bad draws and opponent combos off t3. Game 3 have the absolute nuts hand on the play chalice for 1, on opponents turn they thoughtseize...ok I said...(missed chalice trigger) wanted to slap my own face. Ended up taking my nuts away and got super lucky and won with 9 infect on me...

Fucking chalice trigger uggghhh.
Also fuck that cancerous move.
>>
>>50757367
I've never heard of infect playing thoughtseize, seems bad

also, I think casting cards into chalice is fine in general, but especially in infect, where having them in the graveyard can help cast become immense.
>>
>>50756923
> I don't play doomsday at all, but thougtseize in a deck where casting your wincon costs half your life seems bad.
That happens when you play a bad deck
>>
>>50758736
>I think the deck is bad, so putting in cards that make it objectively worse is fine
>>
>>50758736
>>50758736
>I don't understand how to play combo decks of any kind, so I'm going to talk out my ass and get people bootybothered

it worked
>>
>>50756286

That's rough. I've done stuff like that before.
—Forgotten that Spell Mastery was a thing you needed for Dark Petition
—Played Ad Nauseam and nearly emptied my entire hand, but left an in-hand land on the table that I forgot about so I couldn't Infernal Tutor
—Spent about ten minutes looking for a discard spell to knock out my opponent's Flusterstorm. Played Past in Flames; flashed back cantrips; played Ad Nauseam; flashed back more cantrips; flashed back Ad Nauseam; finally found a Duress and comboed out. Opponent was tapped out the entire time.
—Fetched the wrong type of basic land
—Brainstormed, then rearranged the top 3 cards
—Forgot to play out LED against Pox
>>
is there any rules or ethical concerns about using out of game information in game? like, a reanimator player reanimating a silver bullet game 1 turn 1 because he saw his opponent's last game, or cabal therapy for a certain card because your opponent plays the same deck every week?

I've found myself on both sides of the table to this and wondered how others view it
>>
>>50754675
Animate Dead for sure.
>>
>>50759834

I don't see a problem with it. It's a bit of an inevitability in small metagames, and I don't think it's something for which there's a realistic catch-all solution.

Also, it's not realistic to ask people not to use the information they know to play the game. Too great a chance of someone's throwing the game out of obligation.
>>
>>50750580
Don't make a bunch of cunty rules and your thread won't be halfway down the catalogue next time.
cuz it sounds more like you just don't like people making fun of your terrible proxies
also Protip: you don't need to remind people to ignore trolls, this is 4chan.
>>
>>50760307
We've had the counterfeit discussion before and it shits up the whole thread for hundreds of posts at a time. There's no point in talking about counterfeits because it's doing nothing but arguing in a circle. The only thing anyone can agree on is that they're fine for testing but generally a scummy thing to do when you're going to a big tournament.
>>
File: fn-74950].jpg (41KB, 469x800px) Image search: [Google]
fn-74950].jpg
41KB, 469x800px
favorite flex slot creatures for Death & Taxes

Spirit of the Labyrinth
Vryn Wingmare
Hushwing Gryff
Banisher Priest
Thalia, Heretic Cathar

what are yours?
>>
While playing DDFT, what matchups/scenarios would I want to pass the turn after a doomsday (versus setting up a same-turn pile)?
>>
>>50760585
Of that list, I would go with THC, and Spirit.
Wingmare looks a lot better with the shift to more three drops though.
>>
>>50759126
You can jerk off all you want, that does not change the fact that either ant or tes are better storm decks and Doomsday is a suboptimal build
>>
>>50760571
>Buhuu if you don't Shell thousands of dollars on cardboard then you don't deserve to win buhuu
Cry more faggot
>>
>>50760585
Containment Priest seems good vs SnT and Reanimator. Selfless Spirit seems like it could be a blowout, though the most popular two boardwipes in the format are Deluge and Terminus.
>>
>>50762059
Eh I think doomsday does have its own merits and advantages, it however is a a lot harder to play than other storm variants. Personally I'd rather avoid doomsday and play SI and ANT because they look more fun and easier to play than doomsday.
>>
>>50762059

AnT and TES are faster and both are significantly easier to play (AnT is easiest of the three; TES is the fastest), but that doesn't make Doomsday bad. I think it's probably somewhere between AnT and TES (AnT being best).

Reduced vulnerability to Chalice of the Void and CounterTop are two big advantages to DDFT, but paying half one's life to win is a major risk in a lot of matchups.
>>
>>50763145
>>50762342
So if I ever get enough money to even consider, what merits does each one have?

>you will never have a Legacy deck
>The closest thing to a legacy deck is the agent, shaman, and four matter reshapers

Being a Spike on a budget is suffering.
>>
>>50756672
Can't you respond to the ETB effect?
>>
>>50763678
>Being a Spike on a budget is suffering.

Just build D&T with Ghost Quarter instead of Rishadans

Thanks to Wizards' hardon for white hate creatures and creatures in general and its dislike for anything noncreature, you should be fine.

The core of the deck is cheap AF too
>>
>>50763925
reread pithing needle, bud
>>
>>50763925
Needle says "as" it enters the battlefield, not "when". Can't respond to it. Same shit with iona.
>>
>>50763678
>what merits does each one have?
This is obviously not comprehensive, and lists are always evolving, but...

TES: built for speed, less stability. 8 business spells including burning wish gives it flexibility but also adds branches to the decision trees.

ANT: good combination of speed and stability. Solid mana base, plenty of acceleration, cantrips and business spells. Strong ability to grind out long games due to Past in Flames and the ability to pack multiple Tendrils of Agony.

DDFT: plays less acceleration so gets fewer turn 1-2 kills, but 16-18 lands gives it rock solid manabase. 16 cantrips including SDT, Burning wish, maindeck abrupt decay, and lab maniac make it suprisingly resillient, especially to permanent-based hate and discard. the wealth of options and lines of play make the deck difficult to pilot effectively, and the all-in nature of the namesake card makes the deck unforgiving in the extreme.
>>
File: 20161217_121417.jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20161217_121417.jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
>>50755571
>post more deck picks
would appreciate some suggestions or thoughts on this
>>
>>50750868
my god
>>
>>50765637
oh hey reani-

what in gods name is this
>>
>>50763678
you ever consider B/R Reanimator?
>>
>>50765637
I don't have anything constructive, just want to say young Frankenstein is dank af
>>
>>50765637
First I thought it was Reanimator, then I thought it was Pox (which would be pretty cool with Pyromancer), and now I don't know what to think.
>>
>>50765706
>>50765917
Yup that's the general reaction to the deck game 1 and entombing for dread return is hilarious
>>
>>50765706 like
>>50765901 said it's usually called young Frankenstein but I've gone with Young Reanimator before
>>
>>50765637
This deck is pretty sweet. Honestly I'd drop a card or two for some Cathartic Reunion or Goblin Lore as some extra draw to power through the deck.

Would love to play against it sometime.
>>
>>50765637
Darkblast as a 1 of could be good, kills Flipped Delvers, Pyromancers, SFM, Thalia and DRS while feeding your gy.
>>
>>50765719
No, but I'm interested. Doesn't look too budget from what I'm seeing. Is this one of those things to build up to?

>>50763986
Taxes are an option, it doesn't look fun to play, but beggars can't be choosers.
>>
>>50766322
Yeah more draw would be nice and I've experimented with effects like goblin lore but the cheapness of faithless is what sets it above but I might be wrong
>>50766385
darkblast in the main instead of sideboard would be stronger if my local meta would be a bit different.

I've also been tinkering with zealous persecution against the few pyromancer decks but I think the tutor ability with darkblast is better
>>
>>50766203
i'll be real that looks like the shit time to switch decks again
>>
>>50766521
its pretty dirt cheap for its power relative to other legacy decks
Biggest barriers are duals (maybe you can get away with 2 or 1 with a shock because the life loss really matters) but khans fetches are serviceable enough.

got the whole thing for the cost of a modern deck on abu
>>
File: Smuggler's Copter_KLD.jpg (30KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Smuggler's Copter_KLD.jpg
30KB, 223x311px
I've posted this list before but here it is again.
>Eldrazi Stompy (get in da choppa edition)

>Creatures (basic Stompy list)
4x endless
4x mimic
4x reshaper
4x tks
4x smasher
2x ssg

>Artifacts
2x jitte
4x copter
4x chalice

>Spells
2x wail
1x dismember

>Lands
4x tomb
4x temple
3x eye
3x city of traitors
4x cavern
2x shop
2x wasteland
1x waste ( fluctuates with shop)

>Sideboard
4x faerie macabre
1x rachetbomb
2x wail
1x needle
1x thorn (ideally 3 but I'm lazy)
2x endbringer
2x all is dust
1x graff-digger's cage
1x newlamog

>Copter
Was having issues with bad draws and was thinking of ways to negate that. Obviously I could say splash for brainstorm or perhaps try top (tried probe but that was dumb). However wanting to keep a smooth curve and stay stompy and keep the mana base broken I stayed colorless. This is when I thought of trying the copter out. I'm not trying to take credit for this in anyway (eldrazi Stompy is still being tuned) but so far I have seen nothing but awesome happen with copter out, most of the time it's no problem to cast or activate and against some of the grindy match ups getting in for 3 in the air and looting has won games where even smashers can't!

>TL;DR Try copter In Eldrazi Stompy
>>
>>50765637
what's the card behind fleshbag marauder?
>>
File: tezzy.png (427KB, 391x534px) Image search: [Google]
tezzy.png
427KB, 391x534px
2UB
Starting Loyalty 5
+1 create a colorless artifact token named Etherium Source which has T: sacrifice this and add one mana of any color into your mana pool.

-2 target creature get +x/-x until end of turn which x is the number of artifacts you control.

-7 you get an emblem with "at the beginning of your combat phase,target artifact you control becomes a 5/5 artifact creature."
>>
>>50766827
ehhh, i like the other one better. the one that has 'tutor up a torrential gearhulk' as the plus ability and the -8 is 'win every creature matchup'
>>
>>50766794
another fleshbag marauder in the board
>>
>>50766786
>No deck pic
For shame.

>>50765637
This looks sweet. I was just thinking about putting reanimator pox together for tomorrow's weekly event. I think I'm just going to borrow cards for Sultai Loam pox though.

Infect GPT report:

Top 8, lost in the semi finals to BR reanimator.
Matches were:
Storm W
Eldrazi and Taxes L
Shardless W
Abzan Enchantress W (fucking sweet list)
Blood Moon Stompy ID
Top 8:
Sultai Nic Fit W
BR Reanimator L
Smallish turnout, but it snowed hella this weekend and the shop was about 45 minutes from where pretty much everyone who attended lives. Fun time though. Not going to Louisville unfortunately.
>>
>>50766958
>abzan enchantress
whoah what was the black for?
>>
>>50766827
Not too shabby, here's my thoughts:

>2UB
This is great, it needed to be 3-4 CMC to be playable. Comes out on turn 2 off Sol Land/Mox+Signet opener.

>Starting Loyalty 5
Survives a punch from SFM and the Batterskull it summoned the turn before if you tick up. Planeswalkers often act as a health buffer since your opponent usually needs to kill them to stay in a stable state and this guy buys a lot of time.

>+1 create a colorless artifact token named Etherium Source which has T: sacrifice this and add one mana of any color into your mana pool.
Ok, so he can effectively cost Hybrid U/B and 2. Shame they aren't creature tokens instead but this has a lot of potential.

>-2 target creature get +x/-x until end of turn which x is the number of artifacts you control.
This is why I'm playing him, the reason I was playing around with Grixis was for Daretti, Iconoclast since he provides a removal engine that roadblocks most creature decks but now this guy comes down and can kill something and still be at a respectable 3 loyalty.

>-7 you get an emblem with "at the beginning of your combat phase,target artifact you control becomes a 5/5 artifact creature.
This is isn't great, but once he's Dismembered all of your opponents creatures it does give you a wincon. Nothing will ever really compare to how reachable AoB is at only -4.
>>
>>50766827
literal trash lol, ironically the tezz for babbies is better
>>
>>50766958
I'll take one tomorrow for your sick fetishist ways
>>
>>50766958
Also wow I'm stupid forgot the
1x urborg and 1x karakis
Fuck me
>>
>>50766827

Fine for Standard. Offers removal and feeds the incoming artifact convoke mechanic. We need to see the rest of the set before judging him fully if there's something broken in an older format (Paradoxical Outcome as an example) in Aether Revolt.
>>
>>50766982
Seemingly only for doomwake giant and some Sideboard cards. He was also running Eidolon of blossoms and Sigil of the Empty Throne. It was so sweet. I wanted more of all of it.

>>50767281
You know what turns me on.
>>
File: Dancing Groot.gif (11KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
Dancing Groot.gif
11KB, 128x128px
Modern-Babby here.

What is the Lantern Control of Legacy?

I'm not necessarily talking about a deck that locks your opponent out. I'm talking about a deck that makes your opponent sit down and say "Oh. You're playing THAT deck..."

>Be at JewCity with a friend and decide to play some Modern
>He's playing Lantern Control
>I'm playing Bant Gifts
>Brad Nelson comes up
>"Is this seriously what you guys do for fun? Play Lantern Control?"
>whatafag.jpg
>>
File: contamination.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
contamination.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
I'd love some input on this Legacy brew.

4 Bloodghast
4 Nether Traitor
4 Ophiomancer
4 Prized Amalgam
4 Haunted Dead
2 Braids, Cabal Minion
4 Bitterblossom
4 Contamination
4 Smokestack
3 Trading Post
4 Crystal Vein
4 Peat Bog
4 Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai
8 Swamp
3 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

It's kind of a Stax deck, but with Contamination acting as kind of a stronger Blood Moon. Ideally lock the opponent out of the game until the Stax engines are online.
>>
>>50767396

Eggs. Playing against Eggs is fucking miserable because it's just solitaire for an hour.
>>
>>50767445
>legacy Eggs
Go on.
>>
>>50767502

Google a deck list? It just involves playing a shit-ton of cheap artifacts that sacrifice themselves then using Second Sunrise to bring them all back again and repeat the process. It involves a lot of shuffling and once the opponent goes off, you're generally stuck waiting to see if they can kill you while their turn stretches into 20 minutes of not interacting with you or your permanents.
>>
>>50767425
needs more dark rits
>>
>>50767425
Needs a little bit of targeted removal.
>>
>>50762088
Stay poor faggot.
>>
>>50770094
Stay butthurt faggot
>>
>>50770166
>>50770094
Thanks for keeping the thread bumped guys really appreciate all the hard work you put in.
>>
>>50767425
You'll probably want Chalices, in the sb at leat. Maybe Smallpox too.
>>
>>50767425
More Dark Rituals, less Trading Post. Also consider Rain of Filth, Pox effects, and Toxic Deluge.
>>
Any thoughts on BR Reanimator?
>>
>>50766827
Why is it that whenever I first see a card spoiled on 4chan, it's complete shit.

This is honestly embarrassing, what a piece of shite

>>50766576
>Yeah more draw would be nice and I've experimented with effects like goblin lore but the cheapness of faithless is what sets it above but I might be wrong

Word, in that case maybe Insolent Neonate? Cheap, it's a 1/1, it is actually hard to block vs a lot of decks because of Menace.
>>
File: 30008.full.jpg (47KB, 200x278px) Image search: [Google]
30008.full.jpg
47KB, 200x278px
You're playing a game against a dude in a tournament and he plays turn 2 Mesmeric Orb. What do you do?
>>
>>50770937
Call a judge and tell him to watch this sick slow play my opponent is about to drop
>>
>>50770937
Just keep laying into him with Burn spells and critters. I can burn him out before he can mill me out.
-or-
Keep laying into him with Artifact beats. I can kill him with a Cranial Plating before he can Mill me out.
>>
>>50771051
mfw you think its a mill deck
>>
>>50771051
>mill me out
Legacy general, everybody.
>>
>>50771051
>he doesn't know

That's just sad
>>
>>50771051
Ahahaha look at this loser, he doesn't know about an extremely obscure legacy deck that is only useful as a way to show how stupid professional tournament rules are!
>>
>>50770937
How could he cast that in turn 2 if i had thorn of amethyst in play?
Anyway, just play containment priest and see him cry in despair
wew lad so difficult
>>
File: Image (3).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50771657
>yfw it's not four horsemen and is actually a mill deck and you get milled out before containment priest beats get there.
>>
>>50771086
>>50771106
>>50771126
>>50771142
Oops, I thought I was in the Modern thread. Silly me.
>>
File: 506211_1280683964569_full.jpg (9KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
506211_1280683964569_full.jpg
9KB, 237x213px
>>50771789
>Implying he can mill me before my golems and TKS can finish the job
>>
>>50766827
What a fucking disgrace. Even the version meant for casual play is better (really, the only thing holding it back is the CMC).
How can WotC fuck up this badly is beyond me.
>>
>>50770937
I preemptively call a judge over
>>
just finished manaless dredge, anyone have any tips on trying to be more consistent, or is more of a glass cannon deck?
>>
>>50770937
Four horsemen did everything wrong.
>>
>>50756672
I was playing Miracles against someone, game 2 I lead with Flooded Strand and don't do anything with it since I kept a one lander. He goes turn 1 Pithing Needle and I snap let it resolve because I assume he's just going to name Top, and I didn't want to crack my fetch since I wanted all my lands in my deck. He names Flooded Strand and a scooped on turn 2. Was quite a funny game.
>>
>>50766786
I'm building eldrazi myself. What are some tips and tricks?
>>
>>50772878
1) play your dudes
2) turn them sideways
>>
>>50772878
>play disruption that hoses half of the format
>play undercosted, overpowered creatures ahead of curve due to having 16 Sol lands
>be insufferable cancer.
>>
>>50773478
Good times when undercosted overpowered creatures were Nimble Mongoose and Goblin Lackey.

Why did they have to ruin everything?
>>
>>50749865
>4) No counterfeit discussion
You used to be cool, Doomsday guy.
Now I'm going to have to make ANT instead with my chinese LEDs.
>>
>>50773769
>a desire to keep the thread free from shitposting circular arguments is uncool
>>
>>50773769
Really i just copied and pasted from the last op. If people could keep couterfeit discussion civil it would be fine, but it seems it's impossible. So someone added the rule, and it became part of the copypasta.
>>
>>50773835
Are these "rules" whatsoever enforceable? It seems like people shit up stuff with no actual recourse.

Member when /leg/ was 100% comfy? I member...
>>
>>50773901
We, the posters have to enforce it by not giving (you)'s to the people shitposting about it.
>>
>>50760963

do you just setup for your next turn when you have the pieces to go off except for a cantrip and you are confident their hand has been gutted of any possible answers?
>>
>>50773941
>>50773901
Basically this. They're more reminders about what common trolling subjects are and to not feed those trolls. But it still happens. It always will. The best we can do is get as many people as possible to ignore bait.
>>
>>50767425
needs manlands
>>
>>50774046
Oh shit totally didn't see this question. Pass the turn piles should always be plan b because they leave you very vulnerable, even when well planned. However, they can be very useful when used correctly. Decks like pox rip your hand apart but put little pressure on. With a top on the field you can make a lab man pass turn pile that costs 0 mana and require's no cards in hand. Pass turn piles can turn a top decked doomsday into a win, even through interaction depending on the board state. Basically, any time you think you could cut your life in half, reduce available resources to just 5 cards plus your board and hand, and still win, you can consider a pass turn pile. If you know you're running out of time because, say your opponent is top decking but they have a suspended ancestral visions with 2 counters on it, consider a pass turn pile. Shit like that.
>>
>>50773271
>>50773478
I'm going to fully embrace that I will become cancer when I finish eldrazi. I already have experience with being unlikeable. I play infect in modern.
>>
>>50774239
interesting, hadn't thought about the pox case, thanks m8

also, did you ever experiment with the Timespiral pile, I rarely see that in doomsday sideboards these days

Having a lot of fun goldfishing DDFT so far...
>>
>>50774404
Infect is just a combo deck pretending to be aggro.

But Eldrazi is literally a tumor. It's ugly, it shouldn't be there, and it's not a healthy part of the game.
>>
>>50774491
>Combo
BOY YOUVE BOUT PISSED OFF YA FATHER FOR THE LASS TIME
>>
>>50774491
Go back to modern where you belong. Cancer is t2 emrakul.
Eldrazi is at least "fair"
>>
>>50774467
Time spiral was better when Silence was more commoney in ddft lists. A lot of what it was used for is now covered by maniac, like Pass turn pliles and killing despite high opposing life totals. In the rare case you can't use maniac but need to kill an opponent lots of life, you should look to multi-doomsday piles.
>>
Doesn't eldrazi fold to things like blood moon, crucible/wasteland, ensnaring bridge, back to basics, ruination, somehow flickering anathemancer/price of progress, etc?

I guess amethyst makes it obnoxious to get them out before it's too late, but still, what noncreature permanent removal is eldrazi running?

I'm a noob
>>
>>50774636
>Cancer is t2 emrakul
Casualfag, please.
>>
>>50774694
Eldrazi doesn't fold to anything other than Terminus but only eunuchs play Miracles.
>>
>>50774807
What about painter?
>>
>>50774807
what about 4 engineered plagues naming eldrazi?
>>
>>50774908
What about 4x Tsabo's decree?
How can one cheat this spell out on turn 1-2?
>>
>>50774936
I'm no expert but I think Dark Rituals would do it.
>>
>>50774865
Who the fuck is playing Painter?
>>
>>50774951
the guy who wants eldrazi-meta bandwagon players to pay for their crimes
>>
>>50774865
>Painter
>JustfoldtoNullRod.dec
What
>>
>>50775158
>>50774951

I'm not very informed, just trying to Brainstorm a cure to the stage 4 eldrazi cancer :^)
>>
>>50775190
Well, that's simple, they just have to ban Eye of Ugin like they did in Modern.
>>
>>50775158
how does painter fold to null rod?
>>
>>50774636
Eldrazi is as far from being a fair deck as Patrick Chapin is from winning a Pro Tour.
>>
If Eldrazi is legit they should unban Mishra's Woskshop!
>>
>>50775555
By making your opponent's rigger unable to assemble contraptions.
>>
bluebones is down. What should i use to print out proxies??

>>50776322
that is brutal
>>
>>50776322
lol
>>
>>50776322
Joke aside, as a painter player it's true your main wincon is the combo. But more often than not your deck becomes bloodmoon city and you just zoo them down. It's a very unique deck in the sense that I've probably won more games by locking people out than straight up comboing them.

Turn 1 blood moon crushes a lot of decks out there and you just zoo them down after that if they don't scoop.

It's crazy you're better at locking down people than, say, MUD
>>
>>50777703
Can't you just Paint the Null Rod blue and REB it though?
>>
>>50777754
Yeah. Also milling a bit at a time under a Moon+Bridge lock if you have trouble getting Painter's Servant to stick is a possibility.
>>
>>50777703
i've looked at the painter thread at the Source and people consider it as much a prison deck as combo, if not more.
there's also stuff like maindeck jaya and recruitable artifact removal so it's a little harder to lock out than some might think
>>
>>50777754
Yeah you can. But at that time, except if you're sure you're winning the same turn it's better to keep the REB to have a zoo game going on. It doesn't matter if you can't combo them. Chances are they are crying because they can't deal with your blood moon effects.

Seriously, you have to play the deck to understand because it's hard to conceive the idea but I swear it's how I win. People expect that the deck can only win with the combo. They can't be more wrong than that.
>>
>>50778010
Oh, I know. I've lost to Simian Spirit Guide and Magus of the Moon beats more than I'd like to admit and I'm running 4 Signets for mana fixing.
>>
I went away for a few months. Had no time to play IRL due to work, and Xmage servers went to hell and never survived. Did I miss anything? Is everyone all right?
>>
>realize that top was untapped
How is that relevant? Abrupt Decay prevents you from responding.
>>50759834
I take it you're not playing in Competitive Events.
Basically, in competitive tournaments, you hand in a deck list with your fixed 60 + 15 before you play your first match. If you at any time start the game with any card in your deck other than the 60 you specified, you get a game loss. If the judge has reason to believe you cheated on purpose, you get disqualified from the tournament.
At Regular events (FNM, Prerelease, Game Day) we allow at our store to reconfigure your deck inbetween matches, but putting silver bullets in decks based on matchmaking is strongly discouraged.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with playing Cabal Therapy blindly into an opponent because you know what deck he's playing. In professional tournaments, you can expect what your opponent is playing.
>>
So my lgs''s mondat night legacy sort of fired. Got 4 players, so we're doing winner-take-all round robin. My first round was against burn. Lost game 1 to a triple guide opener. Won game 2 on turn 3, being careful to play around fireblast. Mulled to 5 game 3 and didn't get there. It was a damn good 5, LED, probe, ritual, sea, ponder. But it didn't work out.
>>
>>50767425
No.
Don't bother.
Just heat up the Smokestack train and watch him cry as he sacrifices his lands.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budget-stax-2/
Vampire Nighthawk has been FANTASTIC.
You don't need all those recurring creatures. Decide if you want to play dredge or stax.
>>50770513
Trading Post is amazing! 4 is the correct number.
>>
>>50778335
reread abrupt decay
>>
>>50778335
Decay can't be countered by spells/abilities; it doesn't have split second. Drawing with top will counter Decay.
>>
>>50779099
My bad, for a split second I thought it had Split Second. You know, it being so abrupt.
>>
>>50779225
That godforsaken keyword was confined to a single block, thank Christ. The one thing I dislike about Time Spiral.
>>
File: sudden shock.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
sudden shock.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>50779243
>this triggers the Infect player
>>
>>50778335
I'm aware of the deck list configuration rules and what not. As well as sideboarding. I'm talking about the reanimator player blindly entomb/reanimating iona naming green game 1 turn 1 because he saw his opponent playing elves last round. I saw this happen in a game i was watching last week and while the elves player never said anything I was wondering if that's a generally accepted practice or if he was just salting in silence.
>>
>>50779243
>That godforsaken keyword was confined to a single block, thank Christ. The one thing I dislike about Time Spiral.

The crazy thing is that this is how Interrupts used to work, except you could respond with other Interrupts.
>>
>>50779348
I think this is legal. As far as I know, knowledge of what deck your opponent is playing is not hidden information. In professional tournaments, everyone in the top 8 knows what their opponent is playing; it's called research. It can even be argued that it's not an unfair advantage in regional tournaments; if you win your match before everyone else, why wouldn't you have a look at what decks they are playing?
>>
>>50779268
That one is alright.
>>
>>50778578
Round 2, 0-2 vs dnt. Couldn't find business game 1, and fucked up a cabal therapy in game 2 which cost me many turns trying to find removal. Not having a good night.

Round 3, 2-1 vs shardless. Got hit with back to back hymns into double goyf game 1, but I powered through game 2 and 3.
>>
File: java_2016-12-20_04-20-45.jpg (539KB, 1920x979px) Image search: [Google]
java_2016-12-20_04-20-45.jpg
539KB, 1920x979px
This is why MTG and Legacy in particular shouldn't be free/cheap.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>>50780762
>lets play game 3

so you lost one?
>>
>>50780852
Not like Elves is ultra hard to play. Also bad draw on MUD against other aggro decks is ultra punishing, especially since you don't main bridge.

Can't lose it the next games though for that precise screenshot
>>
>>50770166
I can't hear you with all this money in my ears.
>>
>>50781113
What if instead of buying a set of USeas he spends $8 on chinamanseas and puts the other grand in a savings account/some shit that appreciates faster than legacy staples?
>>
>>50775190
>a cure
Funny you mention that

eldrazi can't deal with big kavu predators
>>
>>50780762
>This is why MTG and Legacy in particular shouldn't be free/cheap.

Lol, one time I was on Cockatrice testing Grixis Delver and turn 1 I casted Gitaxian Probe vs my opponent, who then left the match. I also had an U Sea and Therapy in my hand in addition to some other cards. It was a strong hand no doubt, but to concede to probe? C'mon.

I went to the replay to see what was in his hand, and it was some 12-Post shitbrew with a bunch of lands and a single Primeval Titan
>>
File: cb4.png (235KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
cb4.png
235KB, 720x540px
>>50780762
All I see are -two- mudflinging monkeys.
>>
What are some fun decks.
I want to play a fun deck.
>>
>>50784094
Loam pox boi
>>
>>50784094
Fun decks eh? What kind of decks do you play regularily?
>>
>>50784134
>(BUG Pod) Nic Fit
gee willikers sarge, have a gander
I like my TRS brew but I know storm's not fun for the opponent. I want something that makes both players go whew
>>
>>50784163
> I want something that makes both players go whew

Does.. does that exist?

I, too, want a combo deck that isn't solitaire
>>
>>50784233
Well I know some people like 12-post because you get to hardcast Prime Time, but that's too standard for my tastes.
I'd play demon stompy or the cure but some guys here already play it. I'm gonna try to brew something. Maybe with huntmasters
>>
File: 1457494555463.png (98KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1457494555463.png
98KB, 600x500px
Is there a good process towards brewing Legacy (like, actually using your own brain+collection to come up with a good deck)

Should you start with older dominant decks and retrofit them?
Should you just throw all your cards on the floor and look for synergy?

Is there a good place to understand meta-fundamentals to deckbuilding, because I feel like when I brew the decks are just retardedly simple compared to anything competitive, but competitive decks have underlying simple formuals like
X Draw,
y shuffle,
z Removal,
Business
lands

I feel like if I walk off into a direction I eventually have a shitty, uncompetitive clusterfuck

Everything just ends up
> playset of delver
> playset of FoW
> playset of Tarmo

Any good resources/posts about this that you guys can share?
>>
>>50784381
I'd suggest looking at a card or cards and then deciding how best to make that work.
Legacy has so many cards that it'll take a while to find good synergies.
>>
Spicie brew coming here:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wolf-stack/
This seems like it would be fun to play. Can't say it's entirely my idea though, all I did was make it R/g by jamming in 4 huntmasters and some other green cards.
>>
>>50780762
>playing a prison deck
>not playing with time clock
Hmmmm really makes you think
>>50783426
>Cockatrice
>Expecting good players
I can't imagine how often I would have to explain to people how priority and the stack works.
>>50784233
Nourishing Lich
>>50784381
Either play a degenerate turn 1-2 combo or play a FoW deck or play a fair deck and expect to lose to the first two more often than not
t. burn
>>
File: efg in office.gif (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
efg in office.gif
4KB, 400x400px
>times ya blew it
>burnfag
>tired of losing to combo decks
>try blue-red delver on Xmage
>FoW and Daze in hand
>Opponent casts threat
>I'm tapped out, so I let it resolve
>0-2, shameful shower, go back to burn
>>
>>50784896
>playing a prison deck
>not playing with time clock

I was expecting the regular 50 minutes when entering the match. I didn't even pay attention to the timers before he started dragging out the game for nothing.

He also did it on game 3. I wanted to see how much time he would waste playing useless elves and trying to either kill me with banefire or transform my shit into forests.

He wasted 45 minutes in total.
>>
>>50784094
Deadguy Ale. It's fun for people who hate playing with and against counters and Chalice. It's like Pox if Pox didn't aggravate everyone you played against.

Splinter Twin Stompy is bad. You'll get a lot of nods from former Modern players though.

I just woke up so I don't have much else to offer. How about Lich?
>>
>Blowing it
>Playing oops vs eldrazi
>Know he plays eldrazi
>I've played against him a million times
>This is literally our million and first game
>A rare occasion because there's prizes
>Talking to guy next to me, manaless dredge guy
>Say I'll go second because my brain is talking to manaless dredge. T1 chalice on 0.
>First and last time I try to cheese a Thursday legacy event

So, not saying it'll happen, not starting a discussion of if it should happen, just asking. Fellow Miracles players, what will you build if top gets banned? Personally I will be building shardless bug or grixis pyromancer. I really want a control list.
>>
>>50781622
>puts the other grand in a savings account/some shit that appreciates faster than legacy staples?
Recent trends have shown that few stocks (or other forms of investment) appreciate faster/better than RL cards in the short term. To add, someone who can afford RL cards would be able to afford higher-dollar investments anyway, such that owning RL cards is a use of extra cash (aka spending money) and not money that they can't afford to lose. That's not to say they'd be OKAY losing that money to an RL-abolishment + mass reprint, but rather that those RL cards are not the only high-dollar ownership to their name.

Less objectively, people who can afford real duals WILL buy them to flaunt their MTG wealth.
>>
>>50786930
>Fellow Miracles players, what will you build if top gets banned?
I have 4c Loam built so I'd just play that. I'm also in the process of gathering cards for Esper Stoneblade as a side for-fun deck, but if Miracles gets banned then I would be hard pressed not to start sinking more money into that.
>>
>>50786930
>fellow miracles players, what will you build if top gets banned?
I'm not a miracles player but this is something I've thought a lot about as someone who also plays 4 top. I think DDFT would become unplayable without top. Certainly it would become definitively worse than other storm options. I'd probably just switch to ANT or TES and brew with doomsday to see if I could find a playable deck.
>>
>>50786979
>gathering Stoneblade
My nigga. Esper Stoneblade for life. Do you run more black splash or do you stick to the blue plan with True Name and lots of counters?
>>
>>50760585
There is no flex slot

Only palace jailer

It is absolutely godlike, I fetch for it with recruiter more often than flickerwisp
>>
>>50786930
>chalice on 0
So what? You can still win.
>>
>>50787446
Should have mentioned hands opening mana was 2 petals into rituals. I certainly could have won if I drew spirits in a few turns but I had T1 in hand and just said I'd go second d without thinking because I normally run miracles/nic fit at tournaments
>>
>>50784381
the using your own collection part is hard if you're starting out in the format
>>
>>50784896
>I can't imagine how often I would have to explain to people how priority and the stack works.

The funny thing is that it's not too bad with the Legacy rooms. And overall, interestingly enough my knowledge of the game has gone way up since I will have to explain shit sometimes
>>
>>50784381
>Everything just ends up
>> playset of delver
>> playset of FoW
>> playset of Tarmo

Sounds like you want to play RUG Delver

Also, start playing random decks and see what makes sense. For example, some stuff like in Grixis Delver just makes sense because of synergy

Here's the typical creaturebase, for example:
Creatures:
4x Delver of Secrets - Needs lots of spells to flip
3x Young Pyromancer - Also needs lots of spells to be good
2x Gurmag Angler - Lots of spells in graveyard = cheap 5/5
4x Deathrite Shaman - Helps kill opponent with spells in GY, also manafixing, etc

It's not just about making a "goodstuff" deck - you'll notice that Grixis Delver in particular is just commons/uncommons (albeit the best there are) combined in a very strong way. The creatures all here are okay, but all of them have the same central idea - lots of cheap spells.
>>
>>50784381
I'm not kidding look up some pauper decks. Have a mono b reanimator that does well (obviously running hymn ect). Or burn there's always burn.
>>
I have to know the name of the fucktard that had the good idea to name competitive decks with joke names. Most of the time, nobody gets the joke or acronym and it's confusing.

Like solidarity or MUD.
>>
>>50789347
>not naming your decks after high school crushes
>>
>>50784381
>Is there a good place to understand meta-fundamentals to deckbuilding
There are only two things you really need to understand when you go brewing:

1. Is the shit I'm brewing going to be disrupted by most other shit in the meta?
2. Is the shit I'm brewing good at disrupting most other shit in the meta?

Don't worry with the "X this, Y that" because that only matters when you're playing with established archetypes. For everything else you're either trying to kill your opponent or you're trying to not get killed by them.
>>
>>50789347
Metalworker Utter Domination, also the color of the old artifact frames.

Git your google on, scrublord.
>>
>>50786930
>Fellow Miracles players, what will you build if top gets banned?
Now I'd probably quit legacy if I didn't have everything I need for Stoneblade sans SFM.
>>
>>50789695
Yeah I know what MUD means, also where solidarity came from but some names literally have NOTHING to do with the deck itself.

Why not simply name the deck by its color, its wincon like all the other decks out there?

Also don't get me started on all the fucking names that have literally no sense, like Full English Breakfast, or Parfait, or The Gate.
>>
>>50784947
playing burn correctly has a steeper curve and higher skill ceiling than playing delver correctly.
>>
File: 1469069055188.jpg (63KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1469069055188.jpg
63KB, 480x480px
>>50791124
>>
File: image.jpg (153KB, 952x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153KB, 952x960px
>>50791124
>>
>>50791124
>burn players think they're hot shit
>>
File: i3eTxXhf_400x400.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
i3eTxXhf_400x400.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
>>50791124
Burn players actually tell themselves this.
>>50791565
>hot shit
Kek
>>
>>50791124
Modern baby get back to your containment thread.
>>
>>50791354
>>50791421
>>50791565
>>50791598
>>50791730
>all these memers
Burn is a one mistake deck. Delver is like, 4 or 5. Y'all dumb as fuck.
>>
>>50791874
Every deck is a one mistake deck
>>
>>50791874
Sure. Make one bad decision with your removal or permission and you lose the game. And I say this as someone who has never played Delver.

As burn except for small corner cases scenario you're always doming your opponent.
>>
>>50791874
>>50791874
>keeps a one land hand
>loses
One mistake deck guyz. Steep learning curve guyz. High skill ceiling guyz.

burn decks have the best aesthetic though
>>
File: 20161220_132814.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161220_132814.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>50766958
>deck pic
Sorry for shitty pic.
>>
>>50792991
That deck looks pretty good desu
>>
>>50792991
how are the smugglers copters working out?
>>
>>50793256
Tried them out a a tournament last week as a "why not" thinking I would cut them. Now they are staying in.
>>
File: Lava-Spike.full_-211x300.jpg (33KB, 211x300px) Image search: [Google]
Lava-Spike.full_-211x300.jpg
33KB, 211x300px
>>50791124
I'm trying to learn burn but it is really difficult, can you help me out by telling me how to use this card properly?
Confusing stuff.
>>
Leave the burn player alone guys. Sure it may not be a hard deck to play but it does takes skill and experience to maximize damage output and not too fall for your opponents outs
>>
Are there still custom card threads? I haven't been around here in like two years
>>
File: 1482274263956~2~2.jpg (604KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1482274263956~2~2.jpg
604KB, 2560x1440px
>>50793867
Yes. Idk if there's one right now, but there was one the other day.

It finally came guys!
>>
>>50793741
burn is a noskill deck for inbred modern players without duals, always has been always will be.
>>
>>50793491
The key is to target yourself
No one sees that coming
>>
>>50794358
That's a really harsh burn bro
>>
>>50792991
What did you cut for them?
>>
>>50791874
Except it would be much easier to make a mistake in delver than burn
>>
>>50794358
What was it before modern?
>>
>>50786614
>Splinter Twin Stompy

Stompy is literally just 4x Ancient Tomb, 4x Chalice of the Void and then you get to play all the dumb Standard shit that rotated because Ancient Tomb
>>
>>50791874
>burn is a mistake

fixed
>>
>>50796139
Put 2 endbringers and 2 wails in the sb
>>
Shameless bump until I think of something to talk about
>>
>>50791124
I always facepalm when I see this. Yes, sequencing is sometimes tricky, but unless you're going to die to some x/3 creature then you just shoot face.
>>
>>50787021
I'd be playing a list very similar to this: http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=14104&d=284056
>>
>>50801618
That's similar to the list I plan on building too haha, my SB would be a lot different since I'm a fan of having SDT main deck and having some CBs in the board.
>>
>>50801870
My SB is still TBD, only shoe-ins are SoFF, TNN, Crucible, Disenchant, Zealous Persecution
>>
>>50798066
You forgot Chrome Mox/Lotus Petal and Blood Moon.
>>
>>50803677
Not all stompy decks play blood moon senpai.
>>
> playing against Grixis Thing
> game three
> manage to land a fattie and start beating face
> get him to one
> play pithing needle and name some random card because fuck it (I think I named Dack Fayden, but honestly can't remember)
> he topdecks JtMS, bounces my fattie and ultimately wins through Punishing Fire pinging me to death

I felt so retarded to have forgotten about JtMS.
Feel free to laugh at me.

Anyways, I'm starting to feel like saving up for a new deck, but I'm still on the fence on what I'm building towards.

I like control in general, so I probably want one of the following decks:

- Shardless BUG
- Some StoneBlade variant
- Nic Fit
- others?

I think StoneBlade or Shardless are the best options since they overlap more with other decks I like. Nic Fit is kinda its own niche to some extent.
>>
>>50804289
Shardless is a good pick if you want to move toward the green deck area. I keep forgetting how good the deck is until I watch it on a stream or find a video of it on Youtube. Cascade into Ancestral Visions is too good. Stoneblade is good if you're gearing toward white, you get a lot of counterspells and removal. Nic Fit is less control than it is ramp, isn't it? With Veteran Explorer? Either way hardcasting fatties makes me feel good every day of the week.
>>
>>50804289
You could get wild and build a junkblade veteran explorer deck.
>>
>>50804422
Shardless BUGblade Veteran Nic Fit
>>
>>50804623
Brewing now
>>
>>50804289
I have a question: what's the point of building a new deck that's similar to your current deck, other than the reason you don't have much more to invest? Why not try out something completly different? There are different types of control deck after all.
>>
>>50791874
>Burn is difficult
>Burn does not have to play Brainstorm
>Burn does not have to play cabal terapy
Such difficult much complex
>>
>>50804737
>it's hard to hide cards that you don't want your opponent to Thoughtseize away
>it's easy to decide what threat to play so you don't get assfucked by a ton of cards on the next turn
Hue hue hue, mein negro
>>
>>50804636
>>50804623
The mana base is all fucky but here you go
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/4c-shardless-vetblade/
>>
File: mtg gobguid.jpg (24KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
mtg gobguid.jpg
24KB, 200x285px
>>50804830
I'm still having trouble trying to learn burn, why did they have to make red cards so complicated..
Can you tell me what I'm supposed to do with this card? I don't get it.
>>
>>50804638
Similar in terms of mana base, which takes up a large chunk of your budget.

Reanimator has very little overlap in terms of deck philosophy with the proposed ones.

>>50804422
Eh, I feel like investing in a "real" deck, sorry pops. It's been a while since I've been on here, how did the Lich project evolve eventually?

>>50804412
Nic Fit falls in the midrange/control for me. You usually pack a decent amount of removal, a toolbox of utlity creatures and Cabal Therapy.
>>
>>50804638
I see what you mean, but sometimes you like a certain style of control deck. I for one would love to make Shardless but I'd have to trade/buy for a bunch of cards that I don't own so I went with my second choice, Esper Stoneblade. Hoping to pick up a few SFM at GP van for a good price.
>>
>>50804862
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/4c-shardless-vetblade/
At this point it feels like Deathblade anyways, which is probably the better choice.

Maybe I **should** just build Deathblade.
The unholy matrimony of Savannah + Underground Sea is hard to resist.
I fear no Wasteland.
>>
>>50805352
You're supposed to right click on your opponent
>>
>>50805629
Just buy your duals from china you dip
>>
>>50806126
I did, and they're annoyingly bad. Also, see the OP.
>>
>>50806169
Are they too bad to play in tournaments?
Who did you buy from?
>>
>>50805629
>how did the lich project turn out?
Well I think we got a pretty well optimized list. Problem is its still bad. I played it to a 2-3 finish in an mtgo comptitive league, and I took it to a side event at gp providence and went 0-3, but 1-2 in each match. So it's about as good as it can get I think.
>>
>>50804862
Deck is lit. Almost feel like you need way less Duals though and just go ham on basics
>>
Which sleeves should I use for my expensive legacy cards?
>>
>>50806366
Matte dragon shield
>>
>>50806200
No, they aren't that bad. just age them and doublesleeve them and all those sherlocks who can spot fakes a mile away will be braging about nothing while you play against them.
Everybody here will tell you they look back because they feel bad that you would have your duals for 2.5$ while they spend absurds amounts of money on cardboard
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gogMEOHBwdI
>>
>>50806200
>https://www.reddit.com/r/bootlegmtg/comments/5f2you/experience_using_blvz_cards_in_tournies/

>Inb4 reddit because Legacygeneral hates proxies
>>
>>50806494
>>50806529
Those look good. Is there any difference between BL and VZ? I'm not sure who to order from, I need half a dozen duals and a set of LEDs.
There is also Cardmire but idk if the quality is as good.
>>
>>50806590
Go with BL
>>
>>50806200
I got them from
>>50806494

and I didn't find them very passable, although in a tournament nobody pays that much attention.
You might fall through at a judge check, or if you warrant any justified suspicion (i.e. by magically acquiring a full legacy manabase overnight).
>>
KMC Hyper Mattes
>>
>>50806649
>>50806366
I'm feeling a bit dumb
>>
>>50806624
At a recent larger event a whole team was found out to have 100% chinaman duals (3 of them in the top 8). After much debate they all got banned and the tournament got rescheduled for later that day. (All those who entered got free re-entry). This is why I HATE proxies, something people don't think about. For example this tournament took double the amount it should have for basically no reason other than team try hard had to win in every event.
>>
File: feels.png (225KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
225KB, 2400x2400px
>>50807486
Thinking about proxies remind me that eventually Legacy and Vintage are going to die due to the reserve list. It's kind of sad to be honest...
>>
>>50791124
>>50791874
I also play Burn and while there's certainly (a little) more than meets the eye, saying it has a steep learning curve is just obnoxious.

Burn is a simple deck. Period.
Part of the joy of playing with Burn is being the underdog that every cocky spike underestimates and then bolting their asses into oblivion.
>>
Since there isn't a vintage general, has anyone been playing in the vintage cube on MTGO? I've been having more fun with it than I've had with magic in years.
>>
>>50807648
Agreed, they need to either do a ftv "duals" or do a very limited print run with duals included with the excuse of adding in the new border and anti counterfeit hologram.
>>
>>50808432
FTV duals! Recommended MSRP $35 at your local FLGS, only marked up to $1200 in practice.
>>
>>50804862
Is the deck actually doing anything with the mana from vet other than batterskull tricks? Slam in something stupid like Dragonlord Dromoka.
>>
Since we're all talking about burn, DDFT guy/other stormfriends, what are your winrates against burn

Isn't it easy to get within 3-6 life before/during your combo?

Ive never played storm against burn, but isn't this relatively common:

t1 on the draw
goblin guide attacks, 18 life
crack a fetchland, 16 life

t2
hit with goblin 14 life
lava spike, 11 life
assuming you don't fetch again, you combo off with doomsday, bringing you to 5 life
make your pile, inevitably use probe, 3 life
lightning bolt

I could see this happening literally every matchup against burn, what do you do about it?
Avoid using fetchlands and try to make divining top/chromatic sphere piles?
>>
>>50808656
>goblin guide attacks, 18 life
>crack a fetchland, 16 life
Something doesn't add up here
>>
>>50808760
What I mean is:
during burn player's first turn they attack the storm player for 2
at some point the storm player searches for your first land, for 2

That's four life right off the bat in a deck that is aiming to cut its lifetotal in half as part of its wincon,

I assume you have to lean on the discard suite to get around this
>>
>>50808834
Fetching only costs one life though.
>>
>>50808834
It only costs one to crack a fetch though...
>>
>>50808834
wait im retarded fetchlands are one life lol but anyways
>>
>>50808656
Like 80%. I can't remember the last time I lost to burn actually. Just jam tendrils into your deck postboard (with some answer to a certain pyrostatic pillar on legs) and it's easy mode from there.
>>
>>50808459
That's always pissed m off to no end.
>>
>>50809024
>be me on burn vs opponent on doomsday storm
>burn opponent down to 10
>opponent dooms and stacks his 5 cards
>I reveal fireblast lol g2?
>g2 not finding fireblast.exe fuckkkk
>opponent dooms and stacks 5
>opponent draws first card says fuckkkk
>stacked his deck wrong lolol
Best win with burn ever.
>>
>>50809024
>>50808656
The matchup is a little harder for doomsday. I'd put it at about 60%. It looks really bad on paper but my win rate against it is positive. Basically you just want to win as fast as possible and conserve your life total. Duress is actually bad against it. Post board I drop duress for the 4th therapy, Abrupt Decay and infernal contract. The last time I lost to burn was a couple days ago, but before that it had been a long time.
>>
>>50809544
Kek it's easy to beat bad ddft players. Especially with burn.
>>
>>50809621
speaking of bad DDFT players I have been blowing it on MTGO tonight. Forgot a painter player had Tormod's Crypt which stops emrakul from saving me so I let them get the combo, and then I forgot I boarded Contract in and tried to wish for it in a pile.
>>
>>50806494
Those are pretty noticeable.
>>
So what decks would be good in a RL-less Legacy?
>>
>>50811662
Death and taxes, Eldrazi, Burn
>>
>>50806590

You could always sell your Tarmogoyfs and get good cards.

They'll even pass deck-checks.
>>
>>50811662

Monocolored decks would get a colossal boost. Merfolk, Death and Taxes, Burn, Pox. Poops All Spells would be fantastic (unless non-merfolk, monoblue small dudes-and-cantrips became a thing) and Eldrazi would lose City of Traitors, which might be the only two good things about non-Reserved Legacy.

You'd also lose pretty much every other multicolored deck in the format.

At least Dredge would still (maybe) have a fighting chance, especially Manaless.

Still don't know why people keep trying to make non-Reserved Legacy a thing. It'll be the same format, only instead of all the interesting decks, there'll just be ported Modern decks that still lose to (un-caponized) Legacy stalwarts.
>>
>>50812761

Also, Miracles would probably still be king of the format.
>>
>>50812633
B-b-b-b-but everyone that uses f-f-fak—I mean, p-proxies has passed deck ch-ch-ch-checks okiedoke.
>>
>>50812761
>Poops All Spells would be fantastic
>FoW, surgical, tormods cryptic, leyline and Cage are still legal
Wew lad
>>
>>50813077

>Only viable decks with FoW are monoblue
>>
File: enhanced-13249-1434118217-17.jpg (105KB, 607x463px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-13249-1434118217-17.jpg
105KB, 607x463px
>>50813310
>Miracles will be mono blue
Wew lad
>Delver won't be the same but With shocks and DRS
Wewew lad
>Implying sneak and Show/omnitell will just dissaster or stop splashing other colors
Wewewewe lad
>>
>>50813486
Dissapear
>>
>>50813486

Delver already had DRS. Shocklands will not do it favors.

Show and Tell loses City of Traitors.
>>
>>50812784

At least we won't have to deal with Venezuelan Legends anymore.
>>
>No reserved list legacy.
Did you mean modern? :•)
>>
>>50811662
Why wouldn't you just make modern include supplemental and specialty product if that's your goal.
>>
>>50813778

This. There's plenty of reprint-fodder that would turn Modern into RL-less Legacy. Of course, they'd probably ban all of it in two weeks because the cards are too good for the format. If Preordain's too good...

Seriously don't see any reason that taking the Reserved out of Legacy would be a good thing. I like powerful cards. I don't want to see a format containing powerful cards disappear because people can't get powerful cards.
>>
>>50813683
>Venezuelan legends
Maximum Kek everytime
>>
>>50813707
it would certainly kill, consume and replace modern, anyhow.
>>
>>50813025
Does your FLGS do deck checks?
wtf
Just borrow some real duals if you want to hit up a GP or something and you're not paranoid.
>>
>>50815475
No one at my LGS uses fakes. We all have real cards because we're not entitled children, rather adults with real jobs making enough money to afford a HOBBY.
>>
>>50815587
That you know of...
Even if you found out that someone had a couple fakes in their deck why would you even care?

And can you explain to me why it would be smart to spend $1000+ on a manabase when I could buy it for $15 and spend the rest on other hobbies I enjoy?
Hell I doubt you recently bought all of your Volcanics because you're loaded or whatever. I know that the few duals I have are from back when they were ~$50 and people could enter the "HOBBY" way easier.
>>
>>50815704
new thread. have at it.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.