[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help, I've fucked up a campaign and I need a new character!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Alright, so I made the cataclysmically awful decision of playing an Antipaladin in a Neutral Party, and for the first 20 sessions, it went great.

I stomped about, being evil and helping good people in evil ways, all to prevent the solar system from being eaten by Dahak.

Now, during the party's last encounter, we ran into a successfully domesticated Dracolisk, and my Antipaladin managed to subdue it alive, then swore to tame it.

The party Vigilante then broke its neck while the Antipaladin was distracted by arguing with the party over whether or not it was okay to keep a Dracolisk.

Now my character's locked into blood vengeance with the Vigilante and if I killed her I'd have to kill the rest of the party as well, trainwrecking the campaign, so now I need a new concept while my Antipaladin gets NPC'd and goes off to raise an army to steal the artifact the party's after, to gain Demonhood and get revenge.

I'm not playing an Antipaladin again after this. Fun enough, but playing their moral code is draining when the party starts actively opposing them. Also, I don't feel like betraying the party or plotting downfalls of my friends.
>>
Play a guy who was inadvertently helped by your PC's evil deeds and have him vow to be an anti paladin as recompense. Twist is, he's so bad at doing bad good deeds that you're an actual paladin and he's disappoint about being good and not bad good.

Then have him fight your now NPC and be disgusted at what he's become.
>>
>>50748707
The fact that you managed to hold it together for twenty sessions is honestly amazing. That being said, you shouled make an inquisitor with a bad attitude and an itchy trigger finger who's on the trail of your antipaladi mm. Think Dirty Harry meets Claude Frollo.
>>
>>50748707
Play whatever you want to, man

What's the rest of the party look like, anyhow?
>>
>>50748707
>I have to kill my party cos one character killed the pet i wanted for reasons
. Are you stupid?
Evil characters are not clowns. You can roleplay a discussion or fuck with him in a subtle way or simply ask for an explanation or threaten him or convince the party to obstratize him.
But killing a character because he killed the pet you wanted to be the cool mary sue is teenager tier.
>>
>>50754060
If an npc did it would you have killed them for it?
If the answer is yes like I suspect it is for op then he did the right thing leaving the party with that character and making a new one.
As for what to play, what kind of character sounds fun?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.