[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 364
Thread images: 51

File: Face.jpg (369KB, 819x1165px)
Face.jpg
369KB, 819x1165px
Connecting Jackpoint VPN...
...Matrix Access ID Spoofed.
...Encryption Keys Generated.
...Connected to Onion Routers.
>Login
>Enter Passcode
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to <ERROR: NODE UNKOWN>
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

>Welcome back to /srg/ chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>50729261 (OP)
>How_to_Make_Friends_and_Influence_Enemies.txt
>The_Notebook.trid
>Fashionista_4.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 294 (99% Positive)
* You have 1 New Private Messages. Message Title - "Hey lover."
* You have 47 Unread Private Messages
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options > Books List - New Updates https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running George_Clooney.pfix

>Watch Your Back
>Conserve Ammo
>Geek the Mage
>And Never, Ever, Deal With a Dragon
>>
Pure Humans > meta"""""humans"""""
>>
>Is that Ares in your pocket or are you that happy to see me?
>>
>>50748245
Repost to make sure it gets read: Unrelated, but I've always wanted to see a Scooby Doo "villain" who wasn't doing anything illegal or even morally reprehensible, he was just dressing up as a monster to keep people away from the treasure he was digging up, which he was legally entitled to and just didn't want anyone to steal it from him.
>>
>>50748380
That sounds like the Az-Am conflict in a nutshell.
>>
File: 1463809791694.png (2MB, 1024x1821px) Image search: [Google]
1463809791694.png
2MB, 1024x1821px
>>50748353
Go home, humanis
>>
>>50748405
Really? How so? I've got a character who was in that war, so I really need to know for roleplay reasons.
>>
>>50748376
>Is that Predator in your pants cocked?
>>
>>50748445
Man, do metahumans find their own metatype attractive? I mean, let's face it, the vast majority of humanity finds horns and tusks a turn-off, but do orks and trolls not find themselves turned off by the features of their own metatype, are they in fact even attracted to them?
>>
>>50748405
IIRC, wasn't the az-am conflict aztechnology trying to annex amazonia? And taking like, 3 miles of territory, good job.
>>
File: tumblr_o4f6mpGacT1unm603o1_1280.png (479KB, 715x1010px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4f6mpGacT1unm603o1_1280.png
479KB, 715x1010px
>>50748507
>humanity finds horns and tusks a turn-off,
Talk for yourself, vanilla boy.
Sexy as fuck!
>>
>>50748507
Well maybe in the past they didn't but these days they probably do.

Also keep in mind that part of that is social conditioning, and part of it is biological. Like, there's a reason that more people find girls with cat ears more attractive than anthro catgirls, and still more find baseline humans attractive than either of those.

I imagine that the first gen orcs and trolls had trouble finding their own metatype attractive, but anybody after that was born and raised that way. Same deal with SURGE folks.

And then there's the fact that, when you get right down to it, folks are shallow and find beauty in a lot of stuff or just focus on the bits they like. I can't imagine it's hard for anybody to actually get a lay if they cast a wide enough net.
>>
>>50748380
that's still causing a breach of the peace, also it's the literal plot of a significant minority of "A pup named scooby-doo" episodes. Like the episode where Freddy is actually right for once about the neighborhood bully being the monster and it turns out he wasn't doing anything at all wrong at all except being creepy at helping his grandma out.
>>
File: 1461114961676.jpg (198KB, 880x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1461114961676.jpg
198KB, 880x1100px
>>
>>50748584
Metatype reduction troll, Troll poser elf, or fomori?
>>
>>50748561
>also it's the literal plot of a significant minority of "A pup named scooby-doo" episodes.
holy shit, I should look for episodes of that
>>
>>50748669
I think the gang actually ends up in jail (or at least punished) for messing with them in the episode I mentioned.
>>
>>50748597
Or just Class I SURGE.
>>
>>50748726
>I think the gang actually ends up in jail (or at least punished) for messing with them in the episode I mentioned.
I have no laughingX.png that sufficiently conveys how much this amuses me.
>>
It's a late night at the runner bar. A SURGE'd Catguy in a veteran's jacket sits at the bar, just wanting to drown his sorrows alone after a run gone bad.
A couple of girls, a dwarf mage and a cybered-up troll, move from another table, and start flirting with him and trying to touch his now flattened ears.
He tries ignoring them, but that doesn't stop them, so he turns and growls "I got two words for you girls. Barbed. Penis."
The dwarf backs off. The Troll sits down beside him.
"Orthoskin. Vagina."

He wakes up in an unfamiliar apartment the next morning with a killer headache and every muscle in his body aching.
>>
File: 1375746409922.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1375746409922.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>50748969
>>
>>50748969
7/10, gave me a chuckle.
>>
>>50748448
>Azt attacks Amazonia
>Amazonai brings up furries and other scary shit
>They weren't agressive, simply trying to hold their territory
>Amazonia dindu nuffin.
Read Shadowrun: War from 4e. It should be in one of the files in the sticky.

>>50748529
Pretty much. Though they also killed a dragon an fucked a bunch of shit up. Also got magic-infused weapons to work.

>>50748507
Evolving beauty standards. Plus if you're an ugly as fuck trog it wouldn't be that weird for you to hook up with another trog. Gotta get what you can omae. Plus you can get surgery to minimize the effects. Even to the point that a troll would look like an oversized human (more or less).

>>50748969
>Snu_Snu.BTL
>>
>>50749308
Not one of the people you're replying to but the beauty standard thing makes me want to ask, how common are trolls like Eiger (from the Dragonfall) video game, because asides from the rather small tusks and her horns she just looks like a tall, well-built human.
>>
File: 1402171954145.png (391KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
1402171954145.png
391KB, 960x800px
>>50748507
A lot of the more minor shit that people can be attracted to or not attracted to (tusks or no tusks, beards or no beards, square jaw or round jaw, slender or muscular) are either extremely personal preference, or based entirely on social norms.

In the same way that the weird Asian obsession with face shape doesn't make sense to Europeans, or the way that African facial scarification doesn't look appealing to Americans, people who grow up with tusks as part of their beauty standards will have their own cultural and personal feelings towards them.

For example, maybe some people like huge, protrusive tusks that stick way out of the mouth even while closed because they look 'rugged' and 'manly.' Maybe some people like tusks small enough to not stick out of the lips when the mouth is fully closed because they looks 'refined' and 'feminine.'

It's less the sort of thing where you'll like it or dislike it based on whether you are that specific metatype, and more where you'll like it or dislike it based on your cultural and personal perceptions of those traits affecting your own personal attraction. As with all things regarding sexual attraction, they change from culture to culture, year to year, and person to person, with only the basics remaining consistent throughout.
>>
>>50748597
It could be an Exceptional Attribute (Charisma) maxed-charisma troll who takes good grooming care of their skin and hair.
>>
>>50749480
Not super common. Appearance, though, is a component of Charisma. So, once you have a troll with a Charisma score that's average or above average for a human, you'll start having a troll that's less ugly and more 'pretty/handsome but with horns.'

Since Troll maximum Charisma is 4 (without taking things like Exceptional Attribute, 'ware, metavariants, and so forth into account) that means that in order to be above the human median in attractiveness they need to max it out.

Still, it's less 'not a thing that even happens' as some people would say, and more 'not a thing that's super common.' Shit like an Exceptional Attribute (Charisma) Fomorian who starts with Charisma 6 and is prettier than your average Elf (Elf average is Charisma 5) without even a single point of 'ware or SURGE or anything like that is very much a thing that can happen.
>>
>>50749480
>Eiger
May be a Fomorian. I seem to recall a Fomorian that was a model or similar. Fomorian are a sub-variant on the standard Troll.

>>50749553
>>50749649
Charisma includes more than strictly physical looks. You could be an ugly trog but a wonderful comedian.
>>
>>50749773
>Charisma includes more than strictly physical looks. You could be an ugly trog but a wonderful comedian.
Yes, it's more than JUST physical looks, but physical appearance is explicitly a part of Charisma in Shadowrun, unlike D&D. Past a certain point, if you have good Charisma, you're also good looking.

If you want to be fuck-ugly but also good at social stuff, that's on the Skill rather than Attribute side at that point.
>>
>>50749793
True. I just worry that some fall into the trap of thinking that CHA is strictly how physically attractive your character is.
>>
File: 1439369511795.jpg (871KB, 1277x849px) Image search: [Google]
1439369511795.jpg
871KB, 1277x849px
Does anyone have any art of legless dudes in wheelchairs? I'm trying to make a Rigger with the Paraplegic quality and a suped-up power wheelchair, but I'm hitting a stumbling block where character art is concerned.
>>
>>50750041
It's more the other way around. They're linked.

Charisma has several components to it, including appearance, force of personality, eloquence, and so on. If you're shitty at any of those things, your Charisma can't be amazing. If your charisma is good, you're at least decent in all of them.

You can be gorgeous and have fucking abysmal Charisma because you have no personality and are poorly-spoken. But if you've got good Charisma, you'd better believe that you're going to be easy on the eyes.

Because in Shadowrun - unlike some systems - physical appearance is definitely a component of Charisma.
>>
From last thread, regarding my bugged character in Chummer 5e:
>>50745952
>Download it manually from github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases.

Done that; updated to Version 5.188.3, since that's the most recent stable build, I think. Now, when I try to load the character, I get the following error message:

>Missing Books
>The character was created with the following books that are not enabled:
> Unknown Book! ()
>This may cause issues. Do you want to continue loading the character?
>Yes/No
If I click yes, the character loads, and they still have the bugged Essence score, and now it's listed as "Unnamed Character", even though I've given them a name in the Character Info tab, and altering said name doesn't result in that changing for some reason.

If I try to use PACKS kits to export all of her stats I get another crash, though after testing it by exporting all her bits part by part, it seems to be a result of trying to export the Lifestyles tab? Not sure if that's a known bug or not. Also, the exported skills don't seem to be registering; I still have to do those manually, since they're not being copied over.
>>
Question for you guys.

Is there such thing as a viable jack of all trades in Shadowrun? The game tends to reward focus over generalization, but short of an edge build which is very short term "I can do anything" it seems unlikely.
>>
>>50751250
There's millions of "I suck equally at everything" builds. Is that what you're after?
>>
>>50751296
Nah, this is more curiosity if there's anybody who is not 'suck' but able to fill in gaps in the party no matter what that gap might be.
>>
>>50751344
Your best bet is to work with your team to identify potential shortcomings and then build to fill in those gaps. You're still going to be specialized into your niche, but you'll be capable of picking up slack in another area or two. Easiest gap to fill (in my experience) is face. Hardest gap to fill is probably decker or mage.
>>
File: Tir Embassy.gif (4MB, 456x348px) Image search: [Google]
Tir Embassy.gif
4MB, 456x348px
>>50750173
>Cuddle.btl

Fuck your hardcore beetles, that is shit you'd let your meatspace body starve to death for.
>>
>>50751056
Show me the file? Something seems broken.
>>
>>50751344
Straight out of chargen? Not really. You can get, "Decent at 2-3 things with minor caveats," though.
>>
>>50751250
two ways, both kinda suck

1. max edge and at least one skill point in everything so you have the ability to spend edge to have a decent chance at succeeding.

2. use restricted gear to grab move by wire 3, a skilljack, and a skillsoft subscription plus high mental stats.
>>
>>50751961
Is there a file uploading service that I can use without registering?
>>
>>50752090
https://pomf.cat
https://nya.is

Pick your poison.
>>
Just did my first roll20 game session. I technomancered a car trying to pull a drive-by on us into a wall, and our Irish ganger dragged the Seoulpa goons out, threw gas on them, lit em up, and repeatedly told their boss "Mole, or this."

It was good.
>>
>>50752108
>https://pomf.cat
>enable javascript you fucking autist neckbeard, it won't hurt you
LOL

>>50751961
Here you go, Chummer5 DevAnon.
a.pomf.cat/reregq.chum5
>>
>>50752150
https://a.pomf.cat/bpzmcy.chum5

Enjoy your shredded essence.
>>
>>50752244
>https://a.pomf.cat/bpzmcy.chum5
Thanks, man! Did you manage to figure out what bugged the program up in the first place, or did you just edit the (XML?) code in the file to have the correct values?
>>
>>50752355
just edited it. The missing sourcebook references were caused by your knowledge skills, easyfix with them is just do add the sources in. Prototype Transhuman had a bug for a little while where removing the improvement didn't reduce the value of the improvement.
>>
>>50752405
It's still showing her as Unnamed Character in the tabs, though, and in the Character Roster, it still thinks that she has 1.09 Essence instead of .09 Essence.
>>
File: 1401583793294.jpg (42KB, 495x636px) Image search: [Google]
1401583793294.jpg
42KB, 495x636px
>Spend 2-3 days tinkering with a character
>Finally satisfied with the end result
>Accept that I'll probably never get to play with them
>Start building a new character to fill the void
>mfw
>>
File: file.png (65KB, 1537x984px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
65KB, 1537x984px
>>50752541
Hm?
>>
File: chummer5e1.png (66KB, 1192x711px) Image search: [Google]
chummer5e1.png
66KB, 1192x711px
>>50752731
Picture one
>>
File: chummer5e2.png (38KB, 1193x722px) Image search: [Google]
chummer5e2.png
38KB, 1193x722px
>>50752731
>>50752816
Picture 2
>>
>>50752828
>deathkiss.chum5
Is that the file you downloaded from https://a.pomf.cat/bpzmcy.chum5 renamed, or are you still looking at the old file?
>>
>>50752840
Yeah, that's the downloaded file renamed. No need to keep two files for the same character, right?

Did I confuse the program or something?
>>
>>50748597
Do Satyr's have horns?
>>
Have any of you actually made someone who became a shadow runner just to kill people before? I'm making one right now and want to know how it's gone over before.
>>
>>50752854
Not really any confusion to do, roster caches the character file and reads what's there. Only thing that makes sense for what you're describing is that it's still reading the old character?

I dunno, maybe try updating to the latest nightly. I'm going to be pushing a new release later tonight from that build anyway, might clear it up a bit.
>>
File: 1481086325147.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1481086325147.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>50752910
Psychopaths don't tend to survive in the shadows very long. They either get themselves killed during one of their first runs or they fall out of favor with the shadow community because nobody wants to run with their crazy ass.
>>
File: Nottim Portent.jpg (74KB, 1275x697px) Image search: [Google]
Nottim Portent.jpg
74KB, 1275x697px
>>50752910
Wouldn't be caught dead running with somebody that edgy.
>>
>>50752937
I wasn't thinking a sociopath so much as someone who just enjoys the challenge and process of it. Like how deckers usually become deckers because they're passionate about the net. Kinda like the sniper from TF2 I guess. It's just the career they feel most comfortable/interested in.
>>
>>50752923
Closed it and opened it again, and now it's registering the updated characters on the roster (both deathkiss.chum5 and bpzmcy.chum5). It's still displaying their name in the tabs once I open them as "Unnamed Character".

*updates Chummer as suggested* The character names in the tabs are still bugged, though they were very briefly displayed properly for a second or so when I opened the character from the roster list.
>>
>>50753001
Also, just noticed a brand new bug: Reaction Enhancer and Wired Reflex cyberware no longer stack like they should be doing; there's a specific exception for those two regarding stacking, as their Wireless Bonus.
>>
>>50752999
Professional assassin is completely okay, though slightly more morally bankrupt than the average runner. Is say your average street samurai would fall into the category of what you're describing, but that would be a woeful generalization.
>>
How long do trolls live?
>>
>>50753126
Like 40 years. They don't live long.
>>
>>50753065
Chummer generally treats all items as if they're offline, I haven't come up with a method for managing and applying wireless bonuses that I'm happy with.
>>50753001
Well, as far as the character file is concerned, you don't have an alias, just a name. I never bothered to update the tab naming logic to cascade through name options, so it just picks the name based on the alias.
>>50753126
Hard to say. Since a large majority of the troll population is sinless, there's not a lot of census data on them. Life expectancy is generally around 50 but there are a lot of canon examples of trolls older than that, especially for characters with access to leonisation and quality medical care.
>>
Would Humanis allow non-human True Believers?

I'm thinking of making a dwarf Humanis member who 100% believes in the cause and somehow got into Humanis (although is probably generally treated like dirt and isn't too high up the hierarchy). I understand that Humanis are basically neo nazis though so I'm not sure they would really take kindly to a Meta ally.

Thoughts? Also any good places to read up more on this disgusting hate group?
>>
>>50753338

Null chance, chummer. However, there probably is a portion of odd admiration among Humanis for, say, supremacists of other races that would also prefer segregation, along the lines white nationalists had admiration for Farrakhan
>>
>>50753338
Well, in real life, there were blacks in the KKK, and the leadership of the American Nazi Party attended at least one Black Panther rally, so...
>>
>>50753376
>the loser on the left's posture
>>
>>50753338
Isn't one of the leaders of Alamos 20k a troll trying to find a cure for being a troll?
>>
>>50753318
If Chummer crashes and i send a crash report, do they actually land at a mail or something for you or would it be better to report it here?
>>
>>50753896
Crash Handler dumps into a server that's a pain in the ass for me to get to, so I never really bother checking it. We mostly use the data from there for heatmapping and harvesting test characters. Best way to have your issue noticed is to post it here or on Github.
>>
>>50752871
They do. Horns, pointed ears, and hooves/furry legs. Why, you think he's Italian?
>>
>>50753126
Longer than orks, but shorter than humans.
>>
>>50753967
Alright, then i got me a bug to report.
Fiddling around with the grade for my cyber and bioware - specifically, changing from standard to alpha and back repeatedly - sometimes causes a crash. The only reason i found it out was because i was examining exact cost makeup and essence loss.

I am having trouble recreating the bug, but the 'ware i was specifically modifying was Bilateral Coordination Co-processor, Voice Modulator, Olfactory Booster and Wired Reflexes.
>>
>>50754018
When you're changing ware grades, you need to give it a moment to process all the other values relating back to it or chummer fucks up, in my experience.
>>
>>50754018
Hrmmmm. When it crashes, there should be a blue link on the crash handler window that will open up a folder in c:\temp when clicked. Open the exception.txt file that's in there and upload the contents to pastebin or something. That'll be the easiest way for me to figure out what's going wrong.
>>
>>50754062
http://pastebin.com/ummRMgtk
>>
So, Soothsayer is an interrogation drug that causes excruciating pain when rubbed on the skin, from the Chrome Flesh book, that a given character can become permanently immune to through exposure.

If you were GMing, and the PCs got captured by Bad People who break it out to interrogate thm, how would you respond if one of the players goes "Okay. My character's immune to it, since she's a sexual masochist and her partner's used it on her during some of their play sessions until she became immune to it. I never brought it up before because this isn't an ERP and it wasn't relevant until now," what would you do?
>>
>>50754128
"Then you should have taken the poison immunity(soothsayer) quality, faggot. No."
>>
>>50754128
Probably not the answer you're looking for, but the only person in my group i could imagine saying something like that would also make some brief mentions of BSDM in the backstory - probably (hopefully) nothing graphic.
Generally i'd say, given that it's an extremely useful game mechanic to have in that circumstance and you JUST now bring up your immunity, that i'd deny it.
Ideally i'd spin it off in some other way though; maybe the character starts fidgeting in their seat and creeping everyone out, maybe they could pretend to lower their guard with it, and so forth.

It totally depends on who in my group would claim that, what kind of character they are playing, and what the circumstances of their interrogation are.
>>
>>50754080
Hrmmmm. Well, the problem is that it can't find a reference for the cyberware grade. Buggered if I know why, it should be failing out early if it can't find the actual cyberware. I'm going to need more detail to troubleshoot it properly, I'm afraid.
>>50754128
Where the fuck is your girlfriend getting 12F interrogation drugs?
That said, Edge Test with an arbitrarily high threshold based on how likely it is that they're trying to bullshit me.
>>
>>50754128
I'd let the player have it. Okay, that particularly trick doesn't work on you... There are other ways to induce pain/other group members to interrogate.
>>
>>50754171
>Where the fuck is your girlfriend getting 12F interrogation drugs?
"They're my street doc contact who I met through the underground Azzie fighting rings. Didn't I mention that my character was friends-with-benefits with him?"
>>
>>50754203
>"Oh, the Connection 1, Loyalty 2 contact you haven't mentioned in six months? No Kyle, we've been through this. You can't have a floating dildo drone that ejaculates your name in nanites just because you met a mechanic once, and you can't be immune to drugs because you get off on being slapped around by Chel. Behave."
>>
>>50754234
>"Oh, the Connection 1, Loyalty 2 contact you haven't mentioned in six months?
Wouldn't "Friends-with-benefits" require at least Loyalty 4? That's the level where you're actual friends, after all.
>>
File: 1445779543060.jpg (84KB, 435x326px) Image search: [Google]
1445779543060.jpg
84KB, 435x326px
>>50749308
>telling someone to read WAR!

This is a crime against humanity, chummer.
>>
>>50754286
The facetiousness of the argument was more to emphasis the idea that you can't just spring shit on your GM and expect it to stick. Personally speaking, if I'd known the character to have that kind of relationship, I'd have considered just giving the player a point or two knocked off the DV for free to represent exactly that. The player deciding 'No, I'm immune to that because >backstory' throws that all off.
>>
>>50754370
So, what would your runner do if they found themselves stuck in a groundhog day loop?
>>
>>50754370
He was asking about the Az-Am conflict. War is literally all about the Az-Am conflict. If you want the fluff on what happened, I can't think of a better resource.

What would you use instead for fluff on the Az-Am conflict?
>>
File: grinch1.jpg (40KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
grinch1.jpg
40KB, 600x450px
We've all heard of feel-good Santa Claus runs, but has anyone ever participated in a seasonal cold hearted bastard Grinch run wherein you steal presents and take down holiday decorations?
>>
>>50756066
I thought about giving my players a run where they're hired for wetwork, to assassinate someone, and the Johnson specifically requests that they do it while he's on stage in front of a crowd, as part of a Christmas celebration.
After they shot him, his head would explode in a shower of confetti, and he would turn out to be an iDoll with realistic features put on stage for the express purpose of being shot by them, as part of the celebration.

Ended up going with a feel-good run instead, though, because one of my players is a 1 AGI troll with cyberarms buffed up to allow him to use a Stoner-Ares and other MGs, and he would have spent the chunk of the session where he actually pays attention complaining about how he had nothing to do, probably.
The feel good run is the rescue of a bunch of kids from a Juggernaught drone dressed like Santa that's being controlled by an AI, and has a small army of elf-drones
>>
>>50756145
>because one of my players is a 1 AGI troll with cyberarms buffed up to allow him to use a Stoner-Ares and other MGs
Only a Stoner-Ares? Wasted potential, given that a troll could tote a HMG at their natural limit.

>dat second spoiler
Holy shit, that's devious.
>>
>>50756225
He couldn't afford anything bigger.
He does have a PJSS, though.
Yes, I'm the guy who needed to get yekka's help getting a save to load up last thread.
>>
File: [the dick intensifies].gif (334KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
[the dick intensifies].gif
334KB, 350x350px
>>50751490
>it's a pirotess and deedlit combo cosplay
>>
>>50755627
Grind karma by doing the same heist over and over again until they've rehearsed it to perfection, then repeat for additional locations. Once you've mastered enough places, put your time-loop-gained skills and legwork to use pulling off the crime spree of the century and then retiring in the confusion.
>>
File: BTL.jpg (54KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
BTL.jpg
54KB, 640x400px
>>50755627
Throw himself into hacking every host in the world, learning all about them, their ICE, and eventually their secrets. The more he knows, the better his chances of finding out what's happening to him and getting out of it (and of course, using the data once he's out for mad dosh, and possibly to get home to his family).

maybe every few weeks he'll experiment with the sammy's stash of drugs, to keep it fresh
>>
File: 1356109796696.jpg (55KB, 527x856px) Image search: [Google]
1356109796696.jpg
55KB, 527x856px
Where are some good places in the Sixth World to get my post-apocalypse on?
>>
>>50757610
Africa probably.

There isn't a lot of places that are all that post-apoc outside of shitholes like Chicago (which is being rebuilt) and places like that are stupidly dangerous. We're talking all sorts of nasty toxic spirits, bugs, radiation, and all sorts of of other nastiness.
>>
>>50757610
SOX maybe?
>>
File: hollywood-casino-ohio-1.jpg (11KB, 350x235px) Image search: [Google]
hollywood-casino-ohio-1.jpg
11KB, 350x235px
>>50757016
Shit, now you're reminding me of how badly I want to rob another Triad casino. The previous time we didn't go in with the intention to rob it and it just kind of happened (you may remember me telling that story). Now that I've had a taste of that kind of payday, I keep thinking about how my group and I could hit another casino and clear it out completely; drive up to it with vans full of empty duffel bags, empty the vault, and drive away with vans full of full duffel bags. Of course, our GM wouldn't let us waltz into the vault like he did last time, so there'd have to be a whole session of legwork first, maybe even more: we'd need to get maps of the building, of the basement and vault, guard rotation schedules, Matrix security assessment, magic security analysis, specialized gear and/or vehicles may need to be bought, and we'd need to figure out just how much gold bullion is in the vault so we bring enough duffel bags.......then in the session where we actually rob the place there's some unexpected twist none of us could've seen coming. Sadly, though, it's a drop-in group, so I don't think planning heists of our own initiative is an option.
>>
File: teddy2.png (112KB, 210x310px) Image search: [Google]
teddy2.png
112KB, 210x310px
Story time!

First run for a trio of new characters. We're commissioned to make an example of a local gang leader for stealing some cargo from a gun runner, and after mining his social media we discover he's quite the lady's ork. We catfish the guy on future tinder and try to convince him to come to a meeting place, but our face fumbles the etiquette roll and instead of convincing him to come to a nice secluded place for us to black-bag him, he just invites our fake lady to come to his favourite bar to meet him. The only problem? The runners are all dudes.

The adept, Teddy, turns to the face, Preacher, and argues that, as an elf, Preacher is most likely to pass as the target's paramour. Preacher disagrees, so Teddy pins him down and applies make-up, making him look like Frank-n-Furter due to a mediocre roll. Preacher continues to resist and starts discussing alternate plans with the rigger, Hindenburg, so Teddy makes himself up instead, managing to look slightly feminine with the help of a quickly wrangled wig and dress - despite the fact that he's a short, balding, middle-aged dude. The gang goes along with that and they head over to the bar, and Teddy goes in and beelines towards the gang leader.

However, in what will become a pattern, the gang leader rolls ridiculously well on his perception and immediately bursts out laughing at poor Teddy. Insulted, Teddy delivers the mother of all bitch-slaps with 15 dice of unarmed combat and the Nerve Strike power, slapping all of his agility out of him. In an instant, a dozen guns were leveled at poor Teddy as the gang leader slumps to the floor. The gang consults their notes, and realize that the bar that they were invited to was not a random bar, but the gang's headquarters. Oops.

(the group was told this earlier. they forgot it until this moment)

Pic related, it's Teddy - stolen from the TV show White Collar.
>>
>>50757922
Teddy tries to play it off as a scorned lover, flicking his fake hair and going to flounce off, but he has an abysmal con roll and a cybered-up gang lieutenant gets in his way. Teddy throws a punch and the smug ganger blocks it with a cyberarm, but is shocked when the punch causes the metal arm to crumple inwards. The ganger throws a punch of his own, and Teddy catches it with his fist, further confusing the ganger. And confusion reaches maximum as Preacher gets on the gang's RV's broadcast system outside and starts doing boxer commentary, and the rigger quickly hacks the bar's TV and streams in a live feed of the events in the bar (from his microdrone hovering above), complete with a badly-slapped on "Tranny Trample IX" subtitle.

This confuses the rest of the gangers just enough to keep them from filling Teddy with lead for the next few seconds, and he uses that to palm-strike the wared-up ganger in the chest and send him flying across the room, which is Preacher's cue to grab a mic as a prop and enter the bar, announcing Teddy to be the reigning champion of Tranny Trample and announcing that 'she' had won a rendezvous with the gang leader. Teddy and Preacher grab the leader and manage to get him out the door before the gangers twig, and the RV rolls off under a hail of gunfire.

The gang leader comes to a few moments later, and is interrogated as to the location of the cargo and reveals it's in an old phamarcy nearby, and is then put back to sleep with a shot of narcoject. The gang heads over there, and with the help of the gang leader's commlink, Hindenburg spoofs a message to the lieutenant at the pharmacy that they'd found a buyer for the cargo, and they were on their way to pick them up.

Unfortunately, when the lieutenant comes out of the pharmacy to meet the runners, he's watching a video of what happened at the bar on his commlink. And he looks from his commlink to Teddy, who's still wearing the dress and the wig, and goes for his gun.
>>
>>50757610
Chicago
mid-west america
africa
SOX
>>
>>50757959
Unfortunately for him, he got way too close to the RV, and Teddy grabs him and pulls him in through a window, where Preacher holds a knife to his ribs and intimidates him into staying quiet. He's moved into the sleeping cabin with the unconscious gang leader as Preacher goes into the pharmacy to tell the other gangers there to help them move the cargo into the RV. Teddy loses the wig and changes out of the dress. Unfortunately, he forgot his make-up, and as the first ganger carrying a crate of guns approaches the van and catches sight of him, he immediately drops the crate and goes for his gun.

The next few rounds are an orgy of violence as the gangers learn the hard way that RVs do a ludicrous amount of damage when they ram you into a building. Before long the gangers are all pulped and the runners go to drag the leader out of the RV to execute him and leave him in a pile of his dead gangers to send a clear message about why you don't hijack the cargo of the gun runner that commissioned us. However, as we open the sleeping compartment, we discover that the gang leader has woken up, is a mage, and has summoned a fire elemental. And that's where the session cut off for the night.
>>
>>50758045
>midwest
How do you figure? Best of my knowledge what isn't farmland is NAN territory, and those injuns take good care of the land.
>>
File: 1474408760731.gif (915KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1474408760731.gif
915KB, 600x338px
>>50758050
That was one hell of a ride, start to finish. Had a good laugh!

Also "group of all dudes needs a honeypot, so one of them shanghai's his GF for the run" is actually in the backstory of one of my characters, so I got some nostalgia too, yay
>>
Which edition has the most lethal combat system, 4E or 5E?
>>
>>50758545
4e, by far. I feel like 5e's Limit/Accuracy system was put in place solely because runners (and high level HTR teams) could just one shot people with a lucky roll of the dice.
>>
>>50758649

How many rounds would a setpiece encounter last on average in each of the two systems, in your experience?

I've had people telling me that combat in Shadowrun rarely takes more than three turns because things die really fast, and others telling me that combat usually drags on and on because things take forever to die, so I really don't know what to think about the system.

Reading over the rulebook for 5E I sometimes think "damn, this sounds nasty! This game is dangerous!" and then sometimes I'll read some other thing that'll make me go "hm, this sounds a bit OP, how can anyone get killed when wearing/using this?"
>>
>>50758741
It really depends on the circumstances. Battles could go on forever if both parties were lucky and/or smart about their tactics. In both systems I've had fights that took the entirety of a session to play out as well as encounters that were pretty much over after the first round (usually due to Surprise mechanics or sheer dumb luck). Going back to Limits in 5e, they tend to make fights last a little longer than they would in 4e due to the hard caps on damage they force on players. Back in 4e when you rolled a bucket of dice on an attack you were almost guaranteed to obliterate your target simply because you overwhelmed them with damage that would be near impossible to armor-soak (save for some plot armor). In 5e, your Limits and your weapons' Accuracy effectively neuters that wave of damage. You still get to roll your wave of dice but you only get to keep so many successes to buff up the damage. It's not a bad thing necessarily. It make choosing the right weapon for the job (and your abilities) much more important and, in a way, it also protects the PC's from an unexpected and unavoidable death at the hands of a single shitty roll (which can be frustrating to some).
>>
File: 1476698504364.jpg (54KB, 658x557px) Image search: [Google]
1476698504364.jpg
54KB, 658x557px
>Meme Magic tradition
>Manipulation spirit is a pepe
>astrally perceiving a meme frog
>>
>>50757610
The entire interior regions of North America, really. All sorts of places in Europe have post-apocalyptic tribes and cults tucked away in the hills and forests.

And then Africa and Australia are straight fucked.

Basically, as soon as you get past the shanty towns (Barrens) surrounding the major sprawls, everything else is ruins, monsters, Mad Max, and Thundarr-esque magitech barbarians. You can even find slave-empires ruled by sorcerer-kings and beset by deathly spirits and shit out there, beyond the light of civilization.

There's a reason why overland shipping uses armed military-style convoys instead of normal semi trucks.
>>
>>50759029

Hm, alright. But even in 5e with the accuracy and stat limits, do the firefights still feel like firefights, or do they make damage low enough that characters can just walk up to armed enemies and soak up that damage like it's nothing?
>>
>>50759362
Combat is still as high-stakes as ever. Its just less *instantly* lethal. Combatants still need to play it smart. Take cover, flank, flush out opponents, etc. With the proper specs and gear a runner could feasibly make it his gimmick to walk through a firefight while bullets bounce off his stainless steel testicles, but it definitely isn't the norm. Stacking armor is more difficult in 5e and there are fewer options to even do so that don't require specific character building. And guns, while less likely to straight up kill you, are still very able to injure and incapacitate you if you aren't careful (which if that happens in SR, you are as good as dead anyway).
>>
>>50759475

I see. Thanks!
>>
>>50758256
They keep it from being polluted, if that's what you mean. But it's choked with the ruins of abandoned Anglo/USA shit, beset by paracritters and free spirits, and full of weird gangs, tribes, and stranger shit still once you get outside of the population centers. It's very much a 'magic and nature reclaimed civilization' kind of post-apocalyptic rather than a 'blighted wasteland' kind.
>>
>>50758545
5e, by far. 4e's damage values are absurdly low compared to health, to the point where you have to do shit like roll 6+ hits and have the target soak fucking nothing to kill them. 5e, on the other hand, has serious damage from the get go, and Accuracy does basically fucking nothing to actually limit your hits unless you're the type of person with 20+ dice in shooting people.

4e's all weak guns and bullet sponges. 5e brings the hurt.
>>
>>50759323
>There's a reason why overland shipping uses armed military-style convoys instead of normal semi trucks.
So what you're saying is that road trips are a bad idea.
>>
>>50759601
Road trips are a Fun idea.
>>
>>50759561
>unless you're the type of person with 20+ dice in shooting people.
>>
>>50759507
I assumed they meant like a Fallout type of post-apoc. There isn't a lot like that to my understanding but from what you're saying I need to read some books again.
>>
>>50759635
Let me rephrase: would going on a road trip severely increase my chances of getting shot, stabbed, cut, set on fire, mauled, or otherwise subject to serious bodily harm, because I do don't that shit unless I'm getting paid.
>>
>>50759888
Read about the mana storms, rampaging free spirits, and duststorm-choked shanty towns of the Mojave, surrounding the gleaming neon jewel of the Mormon-filed, mafia-and-Ute-controlled Las Vegas. It's nothing like Fallout New Vegas, but it does a lot to show the range of Shadowrun.

Cities tend to run between gleaming corporate utopias all the way down to shanty towns built in ruined buildings, usually going from one to the other as you get further from downtown. Once you're past the city limits, though, it ranges from normal rural, to post-apocalyptic, to goddamn Swords and Sorcery for the places furthest from 'real civilization.'

It's just that Shadowrun doesn't really expect you to leave the city limits most of the time, so content focusing on that is scattered snippets rather than big, bold sections.
>>
>>50760008
Depends on how fast you drive and how much armor your ride has, chummer. My current character, though, is a driver-rigger who was part of a Mad Max-style gang of road pirates. He drives a suped-up armored sedan with a mounted APDS sniper rifle, but the gang also had armored semi trucks with artillery and motorcycles as 'boarding craft.'

That's just a single basic example of the kind of shit that might swarm your way if you look like a juicy target.

This shit is why cargo zeppelins have reentered vogue, and why super-sized cargo liners sacrifice some of their cargo capacity in favor of having serious cannons.
>>
>>50760128
>Depends on how fast you drive and how much armor your ride has, chummer.
Speed 6, Armor 8
>>
>>50760175
Maybe consider joining a convoy instead of going alone, then.
>>
>>50760058
I had to re-read the part about mana storms. They didn't sound any worse than a tornado at first. Then I read that passage again.

Fuck that.
>>
>>50757610
There's also GenMiTo area in Italy, it's basiclly a lawless wasteland that the Italian Government has basically walled off and gone Fuck it to. There are corporate enclaves that operate without oversight or restraint and a functioning port that's ruled by the Mafia but otherwise it's a hellhole. Perfect place to get your Pink Mowhawk on.
>>
>>50760204
Yeah, there's not much armor you can put on a GMC Phoenix when you live in a city and have to install Anti-theft 3 and only install concealed armor.
>>
>>50760209
And you thought the Barrens were dangerous.
>>
>>50760321
You can get a Toyota Gopher for just 25k nuyen and get it up to Armor 17 for just 3500 more. Toss on an Obvious weapon mount on top of that Obvious armor and most people will ignore you in favor of easier/more valuable targets.

And trust me, you'll need that weapon mount if you run into a paracritter cougar.
>>
>>50760572
Eh, I think I'd just get a roadmaster if I wanted a road trip vehicle. Install 7 obvious armor on top of its stock 18 and Anti-theft 3 for defense, a ram plate and a few obvious heavy weapon turrets, some powertrain upgrades....of course, first I'd need a reason to go on a road trip in the first place.
>>
What is the cheapest load bearing helicopter format vehicle or drone?
It needs to carry one laughing infiltrator and one pallette of loot. Bullet resistance is a plus.
>>
>>50760719
The problem with that is that you'd be attracting attention. Nobody drops that kind of money on something unless they've got something valuable - and the ride itself is worth stealing too, for that matter.

You want something to be as cheap and boring as possible while also being moderately well-protected. Keep from drawing the attention of any road-warriors in the first place.
>>
What can runner team do with stolen vory smuggling boat? Around 17 meters long, with sails, no electronics and have cargo big enough for 16 metahuman females.
Also how do you protect yourself from a vory enemy? Lets assume you already have the backing of equal powerfull vory.
Asking for a friend
>>
File: 24 - mSPJEna.jpg (3MB, 3360x1440px) Image search: [Google]
24 - mSPJEna.jpg
3MB, 3360x1440px
FYI, Chummer 5.189.0 is now available via the updater or https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/latest. Changelog is too long to post here per usual, but the major takeaways are support for AIs in Priority, and all the content from Cutting Aces.
>>
>>50760725
After perusing Rigger 5.0 I'd say your best option is a Northrup Wasp (86000)with an added smuggling compartment (1500). Sine you mentioned bullet resistance, I take it you're expecting a loud exit in which case it has the benefit of being a common police model and you might be able to spoof it as an early responder until your payload tries to board. Only seats one so if you want your rigger on site you may have to add a seat too.
>>
>>50760841
> and the ride itself is worth stealing too, for that matter.
Hence, Anti-theft 3.

>You want something to be as cheap and boring as possible while also being moderately well-protected. Keep from drawing the attention of any road-warriors in the first place.
That certainly a valid way of looking at it, but as I see it, I'm not going to be out there unless I'm transporting some very valuable cargo that someone other than the road warriors is going to try to take from me, so I can't afford anything less than the most heavily armored vehicle I can get my hands on.
>>
>>50760725
GMC Snatch'n'Grab and M.E.D 1 Dustoff are both an option
>>
>>50760964
>Asking for a friend
So how many Vory did you have to kill to steal this boat?
>>
>>50761233
You will be surprised how easy is to take out people you were drop in the middle of the ocean to protect.
>>
So normally in our Shadowrun games, no one really plays a Decker, we kind of just ignore the Hacking rules, and use short hand "hacking on the fly" rolls to get things done.

The problem I'm having is that I've been considering making a dedicated Decker for a while, but I wonder, if I set out to fully learn and understand the Hacking rules, where as none of the other players/GM know them very well, am I effectively sucking some or all of the fun out of the game by forcing the group to use the actual Hacking rules, meaning the rest of the group will be sitting around waiting for me to complete a mini game, or should I just be content with our casual undertaking of the rules which have never really caused our group any problems in game play.
>>
>>50761187
>Hence, Anti-theft 3.
It's not a matter of whether or not they can actually steal it - you'll be dead by the time they get to give that a try. It's a matter of whether it's attractive enough to make the attempt. Anti-theft systems don't do much of anything once parking your vehicle somewhere public and walking away from it aren't really things you do anymore.
>>
>>50761411
>am I effectively sucking some or all of the fun out of the game by forcing the group to use the actual Hacking rules
Yes.
>>
>>50761411
I second
>>50761495

After having both a decker and a technomancer in our last campaign, we all agreed to not fucking bother with the deeper matrix rules and leave all the hacking and junk to NPC contacts.

Which has the doubled benefit of allowing me, the GM, to have the matrix problems appear and disappear according to what I think makes for the most fun run.
>>
>>50761495
But it just feels like playing a dedicated Decker otherwise just wouldn't be as meaningful or impactful given how our group handles hacking. Like seeing so much wasted potential.... Although I guess you could say the same thing about the Hacking rules any way...
>>
>>50761583
The hacking rules are garbage in every edition. 5e is arguably the least-garbage so far, but they're still trash that's not necessarily painful, but definitely unfun.
>>
>>50761603
Can't agree more, my group has been using our variant "hacking on the fly" rules for quite a while now. It just makes me a little sad that Decking is basically shoved into almost exclusively NPC territory unless a PC wants to pick up a bit of skill to hack a door every now and again.

I just wanna "Hack the planet!" every now and again, you know?
>>
>>50761649
You've been playing Watch_Dogs 2, haven't you?
>>
>>50761683
No, I haven't played either. I just built this french national DJ who moonlights as a Decker kind of a long time ago, but I never really get the chance to use the character because of the current hacking rules, and I don't want to bog down the game with a bunch of solo play.

My hope is to maybe learn the rules well enough that I can streamline any hacking that I may have to do so it wont take so long to finish up.
>>
>>50761721
There's a really easy way to fix hacking. You just have hacking work like any other skill, instead of having its own special, retarded subsystem. You roll against a GM-determined threshold, and if you get enough hits it does the thing you wanted it to do.
>>
>>50761801
That's basically what we do now already.
>>
>>50761837
Okay, good, keep doing that, then.
>>
>>50757390
Spend every day deliberately crashing through every corporate's stash and learning what he can about their technomancer programs, maybe ram the Z-O servers, lots of stuff. Things I can learn and use to my advantage and end goals.
>>
HELP! I have joined a game, and all seemed normal, the first game is tonight. HOWEVER, the GM told me I need a theme song. So, being a normal human being, I went and chose Return to Ashes from the Revengeance soundtrack. BUT, I consulted the other players to see what they are using. The ork ganger is using "No Sleep Til Brooklyn", by the beastie boys, the elf gun bunny is using "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice, and our getaway driver rigger with a yerzed out Eurocar Westwind is using "Black and Yellow" by Wiz Khalifa. It appears I have accidentally stumbled into a Hip Hop/Rap game, without even realizing it. I did not expect this at all, as everyone involved is a nerdy white/asian guy.

I need help. Being me, I have not listened to much hip hop/rap. What hip hop/rap song can I use as a theme for my antisocial decker who has next to no combat skills? I need the song in around 3 hours.
>>
>>50762551
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo
>>
>>50762551
Any more character details you wanna share?
>>
>>50762626
I'm a young corpkid who decided to run away from home with my Daddy's credstick, bought a sweet deck from the black market, and hid out in a small hotel. A team noticed me after I bricked their Sam's eyes (for fun), and they recruited me. I left the group after they died in a plane crash. I am essentially a scrawny 19 year old nerd who hacks for fun.
>>
File: 1433130170933.jpg (840KB, 882x800px) Image search: [Google]
1433130170933.jpg
840KB, 882x800px
>>50762551
>antisocial decker who has next to no combat skills?
You're welcome.

https://youtu.be/X0WNQ3UYbJE
>>
Is Wired Reflexes 1+optimization good enough for a four cyberlimbed redlining street sam, or should I just grab copious amounts of drugs and save up for synaptic boosters at some much-later point?
>>
>>50762551
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw
>>
>>50762812
Thanks, this is PERFECT. Will report on how it goes/if something notable happens.
>>
>>50762838
Initiative is to a street samurai what Magic is to a mage. Failing to max it because you were too busy boosting something else makes you worse at your main job.
>>
Yekka, AI are kind of fucked in Chummer, and also drones are fucked.

The 'home node' checkbox loves to throw up a ton of crashes once it's activated. I can't add anything that isn't a program. For instance, if I add/click on a fake SIN after checking that I have a commlink set as a home node, I get hit with a crash. Plus, if I deselect 'home node' from the 'selected gear' part of the menu and not the commlink itself, I get hit with yet another crash.

Another thing: That little 'improvement' you added preventing pixies from maxing out strength with cyberlimbs? That also applies to drones. If you try to say customize a Juggernaut to its max strength, it'll say it's not possible because the pixie's limit is lower - even though the pixie isn't the one doing it.

You're literally fucking over mecha-pixies with that. Oh, and for that matter, AIs aren't able to soup up their drones with enhancements because you've set it so that they can't get any cybernetics at all. Can't you separate drone stats from metatype stats somehow?
>>
>>50762959
>You're literally fucking over mecha-pixies with that
>implying that's a bug and not a feature
>implying there's anything wrong with that
>>
>>50763050
What are you even talking about? It makes no sense whatsoever to reference Pixie limits for a Drone, when they are explicitly laid out as separate in the rules.
>>
So guys.

Monofilament grenades cost 150Y, but a meter of monofilament wire costs around what? 1000Y?

What's stopping me from buying monofilament wires in bulk and then using explosives skills to crack them open safely and use the monofilament inside of them instead?

This seems like some 10foot pole v. ladder cost weirdness!
>>
>>50763192
If monofilament grenades are what I think they are (those wire things from dishonored) then yes, you can open them and take the wire from inside it
but it would be pieces, not continuous
>>
>>50763192
I'd assume it'd be a whole bunch of individual strands of wire, rather than one continuous length.
So I guess you could, if spending hours tying knots in monofilament sounds like fun.
Also it's from War!, that whole book is full of nonsense.
>>
>>50762886
So what you're saying is, I should just snort copious amounts of cram and/or jazz forever.
>>
>>50762959
Unintended fallout from some decisions made by other devs, sorry. They'll be fixed in the next day or so.
>>50763192
The common justification is that monofilament grenades are made from strands that broke during the build process, but it is something of a ten-foot-pole/ladder situation.
>>
>>50763388
Oh right, and also, adding armor to drones that have no armor in the first place (like i-dolls, flying eyes, etc) causes a crash.
>>
>>50763192

Attaching the short pieces of monofilament wire together seems like more trouble than it's worth, not including the inherent risk of getting a monowire facial.
>>
>>50763595
Also also, drones with 0 bod (like the sony goldfish) have hilariously inflated prices for realistic features compared to drones with 1 bod. I'm guessing there's some error involving 0s involved in there.
>>
>>50763706
Mechanically (it's Body * Body * ¥). Yell at CGL about how that formula is supposed to work for a fish, I guess.
>>50762959
>Oh, and for that matter, AIs aren't able to soup up their drones with enhancements because you've set it so that they can't get any cybernetics at all.
This should be fixed in the current release, actually.
>>
>>50763823
>This should be fixed in the current release, actually.
Neat.

>Yell at CGL about how that formula is supposed to work for a fish, I guess.
Couldn't you just do it as-is, i.e. 0 nuyen altogether?
>>
Well, I forgot. What's the name of drone... seller people? Drone sellers?
>>
>>50763823
Is it just me, or do HMHVV II & III qualities not drop your essence by 1.0?
>>
Why did they remove Mysterious Implant as a quality in 5e? Is there any chance they'll add it back in some small supplement?
Having to pony up cash to punish myself seems really silly.
>>
>>50764624
Probably because people abused it (or tried to), and if you're going to have a secret corp implant, the GM can just do it.
>>
>>50764608
Haven't figured out a nice way to implement it; they shouldn't ever have been included in production, there's still a bit of weird stuff like that that needs to be managed. The problem is the magic replacement bit.
>>50763959
Actually Ifound the problem, there's a holdover from 4e where BOD was treated as 2 for costs if you had 0 BOD. Will be fixed in a bit.
>>
>>50764790
Except that means they won't get a bonus unless the GM gives them one.
>>
Looking to give Shadowrun a try, what edition should I read up on? 5th is the most recent, right?
>>
>>50764898
5e is the most recent and widely played. Quite a few still play 4e, which is very similar to 5e mechanically so learning one will make it easy to learn the other.

The core book has enough info to get you started. The best book beyond that is Sixth World Almanac, a 4e fluff book.

Each edition also has a number of more focused splats that have further rules for stuff, in addition to the main book. If you have something in particular you're interested in, look in the appropriate splat.
>>
>>50764819
Yes.
>>
>an AI with E money and uses a decent commlink is gonna be burning pretty much all their chargen money on lifestyle costs and a fake SIN
Ouch.
>>
>>50765098
If they really want a bonus of some sort for having a bomb in their head, Borrowed Time exists.
>>
>>50765114
Borrowed time is much more 'high stakes' than that.
>>
>>50765114
Except Borrowed Time is a guaranteed death. The old Mysterious Implant wouldn't necessarily kill you.

Now I want to make a Walter White character.
>Borrowed Time to represent the cancer
>Alchemist that makes drugs and such for his team and cash
>some explosives skill and maybe a little guns mixed in
I could see some fun with this.
>>
What are your opinions on the unique AI negative qualities?
>>
>>50763074
It's just Pixie hate, some people seem to regard them a the kender of shadowrun.
>>
So im (still) trying to puzzle out a street samurai/rigger-in-one character, going by some recommendations from a past thread to grab wired reflexes and reaction enhancers for starters, an RCC specced for matrix defence, up the pilot rating on my drones and instead of jumping in, simply boss them around like an army sergeant.

Currently my priorities are Metatype D, Stats C, Magic E, Skills B and Resources A. Resources, magic and Race are set obviously but im wondering if perhaps i should swap stats and Skills? Any advice is appreciated and sorry for being long-winded.
>>
>>50765173
It's a bomb. In your head.

>>50765246
>Except Borrowed Time is a guaranteed death
Unless you burn your edge and your GM allows it.
>>
>>50765354
And? Mysterious Implant wasn't necessarily that; you're thinking of the Cranial Bomb quality, which should also be available.
>burning all your edge
>having to burn any edge at all
No.
>>
>>50765354
>and your GM allows it
VS
>GM gives you negative quality to replace it, at worst
>>
>>50765383
>Mysterious Implant wasn't necessarily that; you're thinking of the Cranial Bomb quality,
Mysterious Implant was the Cranial Bomb quality.

Otherwise?

>Print Removal
Fucking pay for it.

>Headsafe (Data Lock)
Fucking pay for it.

>Geneware
Fucking Pay for it.

>Killswitch
That's a bomb.

>cyberware backdoor
This one I'll give; I don't have a neat way to tie it up - but it's not an implant in itself. Just a way for the GM to fuck with you through an implant.
>>
>>50765528
>pay for a negative quality
How about no?
>>
>>50765320
That's a tough question to answer, Stats C has you looking pretty much at threes across the board, if you're an elf you can put nothing in Cha and it'll take care of itself, giving you 2 more points to put into other stats, but I'm not sure that's worth the edge you'd be trading of as a human, 5 edge could really carry your ass. you but maybe you can compensate for mediocre stats with a "Fist of God" cyber arm for your for your sammy duties, just make sure to pick one-handed weapons as shelling out for a second Cyberarm is probably not going to fit in your budget.
>>
>>50765448
>and your GM allows it
VS
>your brains paint the walls of whatever room you're currently in, or you burn edge and the bomb still goes off with some other effect

If you talked with your GM about whether you can burn all your edge to survive a cranial bomb, then you should already know whether they'll allow it and what may happen.
>>
>>50765552
>won't pay for gear that's useful
Ha. Ha. Get out.
>>
>>50765592
>bomb
>useful
No. Fuck off.
>>
>>50765610
Everything else that falls under 'mysterious implant', half wit.
>>
File: 1389410060661.png (1MB, 771x920px) Image search: [Google]
1389410060661.png
1MB, 771x920px
>>50765617
"Mysterious implant" always felt to me like even if you realize you have it, you don't have control over it.
Like... even if you have Mysterious Implant (oral dart gun), you wont be able to consciously use it, but whenever you walk by a Renraku manager, it starts shooting atropine darts out of your mouth uncontrollably.

So no matter what the implant actually is, it wont be an advantage
>>
I never play Shadowrun before. Got invited to SR5 session next week.

I'm interested in playing a Manipulator mage, what is a good thing to do in combat? Can fling do good damage or is it better to just use control thought / action?
>>
Just discovered another Chummer 5e bug: I created a Rating 1 Qi focus, bonded it to an Adept power that it was insufficiently powerful for (Enhanced Ability, if it matters), marked it for my Adept Way Karma-cost reduction, and then increased its Rating, causing it to ask me what power it should be associated with, before promptly crashing when I picked one.
>>
>>50765586
So are you being stupid or would you only allow cranial bomb?
>>
I normally lurk, but...

Anyone played Shadowrun Anarchy? Is it any good? Most of my group cringes on the complexity of the rules, and I gotta say, hand fulls of d6 to reload, a billion checks per car chase... not my favorite, so I'd love a simpler system.

What to do for a rules-light Shadowun experience?
>>
>>50766000
Manipulator? Fucking mind control son.

Besides, you should be putting Magic as Priority A or max it out if you aren't using priority. You'll be fine as long as you back it up with skills. Also stuns are pretty awesome.

>>50766107
Do you mean the cringe at the complexity of 5e or anarchy? Cause the rules aren't really hard. Especially if you have a wargaming background.
>>
>>50766124

They cringe at the complexity of 5e. And none of them play war games. Even me, I played 40k a decade ago, but mostly we're all D&D.
>>
>>50765968
Already put up all the official examples. None really differentiate over or require control, other than the datalock, and that's pretty much what you want out of it most times - a data safe for someone else to pay you for.

If it's useless and going to kill you when triggered or accidentally set off by being tased / jammed / other, there's a quality for that. If it's useful, then that's what chargen nuyen is for.

For extra effect, like being a target for certain groups, there are qualities.
>>
File: gndFqyj.jpg (81KB, 730x517px) Image search: [Google]
gndFqyj.jpg
81KB, 730x517px
>>50766078
>>
>>50765294
Qi Foci are... not particularly good, at the moment. They're enough of a mess that it probably needs a ground-up rebuild.
>>
>>50766124
>>50766000
What about magic finger and some unarmed or throwing skill? Can I throw multiple knifes/shuriken (agility/2) with a high hit Magic finger?
>>
>>50766160
>Complex
>But we all play D&D
What the fuck? As long as you ignore the matrix and the more complicated parts of magic, it's pretty much the same. And I would say that you should simplify the matrix interactions, HEAVILY. For the most part the magic realm shenanigans don't come up when I've run it.

Now what I mean is similar to what another anon said earlier. For matrix make it a simple DC rather than extended tests or contested rolls. IE
>Harry the hacker tries to hack the door!
>GM: Roll, DC 5
>Harry rolls and gets 5 hits! It's a Success!

>>50766270
>throwing
HA! Mostly useless. Don't bother. Really a mage should focus almost exclusively on just magic. Bring a handgun and, assuming it won't affect your spell casting, toss a couple points towards shooting it decently.
>>
>>50766321
Magic finger on guns sound cool too. Probably better than trying to shoot stuff by myself.
>>
>>50766321
Jesus CHRIST, how fucking boring. No way, man. Literally, the ONLY thing that makes the setting worth exploring is the cyberpunk aesthetics and the magic with actual costs and drawbacks, unlike the bullshit 3.5 nonsense.

I can only assume you ignore half the combat rules and the driving mechanics, too, which is just ignoring 90% of the system.

So then, back to my original question, is Anarchy any good, anons?
>>
Has anyone used the Shadowplans maps? I'm struggling to find some consistent style with the campaign and these look particularly good and not overly expensive (they're not in the pastebin as far as I can tell)
>>
>>50766445
>I can only assume you ignore half the combat rules and the driving mechanics, too, which is just ignoring 90% of the system.
>>50766107
> I gotta say, hand fulls of d6 to reload, a billion checks per car chase... not my favorite
Did I brainfart horribly and this is 2 different people?
I really hope I did.
>>
>>50766551
Maybe it's one person, but they constantly switch between two opposed split personalities while maintaining a single stream of consciousness.
>>
>>50766376
>>50766321
>>50766124
I can use spell foci to sustain my Magic Finger, so I won't have any penalty when I'm shooting gun with it right?

But since it cost a lot of Karma to bond with a high force foci... Can I just buy a Force 1 or 2 foci and cast Magic Finger then push the limit with edge, while still being able to bond with it at low karma cost?
>>
File: oD3juxj - Copy.png (59KB, 245x293px) Image search: [Google]
oD3juxj - Copy.png
59KB, 245x293px
Person who originally uploaded the SR art and tokens folders on dropbox that are still linked in the pastebin here.

I deleted those folders from my dropbox months ago, without realizing that those links made it into the pastebin...
Uhm... Really sorry about that.

Can you upload roughly 1000+ individual images to an Imgur album, or something?
I now feel really sorry for killing those links and want to make up for it .
I have roughly 1600 SR related images and close to 1000 tokens
>>
>>50766445
I honestly don't know how to respond to this outside of assuming >>50766594 is right.
>>
>>50766869
Maybe do a mega folder, like our current book depository? It would help with organization.
>>
>>50767008
Do I need to make an account for that?
>>
>>50767023
I assume, but you should anyways.
>>
File: 1457907215100.png (62KB, 500x415px) Image search: [Google]
1457907215100.png
62KB, 500x415px
>>50767040
>>50767008
>>50766869
Uploading now. Gonna post links once it's done (gonna be a while...)
>>
>>50766729
Hmm... I guess I could just use focused concentration instead of foci too...

So Focus Concentration 1 + Edge on Magic Finger. Is it legit? Can I use it to get a high agility magic finger?
>>
http://pastebin.com/ywt8jC3C

Made a Katana Adept Yakuza. Blogging it here because I have nothing better to do. Feel free to critique and flame. It is actually some hot garbage but I was going for a theme instead of optimization.
>>
File: ator the undefeated.jpg (133KB, 1024x697px) Image search: [Google]
ator the undefeated.jpg
133KB, 1024x697px
>>50760058
So I could create my !NotConan barbarian, name him Ator, and have him chase !NotThulsa Doom into the big city of shining lights? Could be hilarious to have a valley locked away from the rest of the world for 20 years and then the big bad kills the first corporate expedition and steals their cars.

Ator the barbarian versus Thulsa Doom on old salvaged Mad Max cars. Could be hilarous.

In case you don't know Ator, its a shitty german ripoff of Conan.

Or a metal band could cover the old Manowar albums and go all swords and sorcery in the badlands to film their music videos

>Shitty and fake manowar barbarian battle with video drones is under way
>Suddenly several ramshackle cars burst through the scene, with Thulsa Boom the Sorcererking in front and Ator the Undefeated in the back
>Group of shadowrunners in the middle of the convoy just tries to escape with a stolen artifact. Street sam knows all the old Manowar albums and happily sings along during the car- and firefight
>By fire, be purged! You will die through my steel!
>Die you enemy scum, I alone am best!

>Picture says it all
>>
>>50767532
For what it's worth. I liked it.
>>
I know you're not supposed to steal cars to make a quick buck in shadowrun, but when you're hired to make a tow company look bad...

You walk in naked thinking you're invisible, order people to zip tie themselves and have the rest of the team steal everything in the lot.
>>
So question guys.

Is 4chan still around in the 2070's? I can't imagine it survived 2 crashes and the corporate restructuring of everything.

I mean, come on, we promote piracy and general anarchy as a rule, even if that's not what we see as our goal. At best, I could see 4chan being some kind of corporate owned subsidiary at best if it's around at all.

But what do you guys think?
>>
File: image.jpg (296KB, 900x1241px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
296KB, 900x1241px
Are bows at all viable?
>>
>>50767532
>http://pastebin.com/ywt8jC3C
If that's what you're using as a character portrait, I feel like that warrants a bit more than just Charisma 6, like that new good looking and knows it quality. or at least Breast implants 2.0
>>
>>50766551

I brought it back up because it's a complaint I had against the system that wasn't addressed, but since you're eschewing two of the biggest systems in the game, I had to assume those smaller ones fell by the wayside as well.

I just don't see a point in using this system if we're going to reduce all magic to 3.5 spells and reduce hackers to lock picking rogues.

Love the world, the system is overly convoluted.

I just wanted to know if anyone had tried Anarchy.
>>
>>50767740
In the hands of somebody with sufficient strength. But most people here would probably agree that its only really optimized for trolls who are magically/cybernetically enhanced to maximum Strength.
>>
>>50767723
Most likely not 4chan, but almost certainly a functional equivalent to it.

And now imagine experiencing the dankest memes in full hot VR.
>>
Hey guys, I was over on the Eclipse Phase thread a while back and I just remembered reading through these player made profiles of theirs.

They focus a great deal on the 'what does it mean to be human' issue, but it's actually a really neat breakdown for character development. What do you guys think? Should we pull together something like that for shadowrun?
>>
>>50767773
Questions like that are pointless when you can go online and meet someone who was never human.

The real question replaces human with alive.
>>
File: horatio.jpg (57KB, 529x425px) Image search: [Google]
horatio.jpg
57KB, 529x425px
I want to do some crazy clone shenanigans plots, but can't think of many.
Do you guys have any ideas?
Right now I got an attempted clone replacement of a small corp, or a sub-surface clone society in abandoned subways standing between them and the package.

I'm looking for more possibilities.
>>
>>50767751
Well Anarchy sucks.
It's largely just the same as regular shadowrun, except with important rules left out completely or simplifications that make little sense.
>>
>>50767764
I suspect static shaft arrows could make it more viable a lower strengths, but you'd lose a lot of range.
>>
>>50767764
Oh good because I was thinking of a giant anyway. Something like he used to be a bow fishing whaler back in Scandinavia, but had to leave after a humanis lynch mob killed his family.
>>
>>50767723
There are 2 4chans.
One is owned by Aztechnology and is carefully regulated to give normies a sense of adventure, like they're getting into some part of the net that's actually dangerous without actually being threatening.

The other one is a bit better hidden and was carved out of the foundation by a group of technomancers who just wanted a place to weeb out, it eventually grew into something more than that where anonymity is loosely enforced, there are rooms for a variety of topics, and the ban hammer gives a pretty mean headache when it's brought down on retards who break the rules. Shadowrunners use it from time to time but it lacks the prestige of many of the other "top tier" data havens.
>>
>>50767744
I considered going pure Face but I'd need to make her an Elf to take advantage of the extra Charisma they get. However I'd then have to get the Human Looking quality because the Yaks probably wouldn't allow a filthy metahuman into their ranks, Japanese or not (and if they did she wouldn't stand a chance of climbing the social ladder in their ranks). Plus, having to get Human Looking would throw off the theming of the qualities (which I'm pushing to the absolute limit as it is).
>>
>>50767818

What kind of rules got left out? Could you give an example on the over simplification?

Don't mean to press, but I really miss running this world.
>>
>>50767832
>The other one is a bit better hidden and was carved out of the foundation by a group of technomancers who just wanted a place to weeb out, it eventually grew into something more than that where anonymity is loosely enforced, there are rooms for a variety of topics, and the ban hammer gives a pretty mean headache when it's brought down on retards who break the rules. Shadowrunners use it from time to time but it lacks the prestige of many of the other "top tier" data havens.
that sounds like the denver data haven. You talking about Shadowsea?
>>
File: oh boy oh boy.gif (363KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
oh boy oh boy.gif
363KB, 480x270px
>>50767153
WOO!
Here have like a thousand badly named tokens!

https://mega.nz/#F!pYtR0SQB!Cu4L3mvZhKno_U0oOeU7Nw

I'm gonna try to keep this updated as I make more pogs for my own campaign. Since I'm not otherwise using this site, this time, they wont just disappear.

Gonna upload my artwork collection next. That's probably gonna take over night to upload though
>>
>>50767865
I was mostly making it up as I went along.
But if I actually landed close to what's already been written that's kinda cool. Makes me think I should give a crack at actually trying to write a piece of fluff.
>>
Given that the area out side of cities in shadowrun is apparently mad max and conan, how often do cities get seiged by massed armies from the wildlands?
Could it be a thing where great warlord krotax conquers upper seattle for a while?
>>
>>50767588
>looks weak compared to the glorious GOVERN-NATOR
>Two fucking pussy ass katanas rather than a manly bastard sword
Yeah, it looks like a really shitty rip.

Mildly annoys me since I really like Conan (and I mean more than just the movies of variable quality). Wish I'd had a chance to play the game but last I heard it's dead as fuck.

>>50767723
4chan exactly as what we know? Hell no. An equivalent? Absolutely, there are even references to them.

>>50767751
You're talking to the wrong person and assuming way to much about how I houserule shadowrun. Frankly I think you're an idiot for not understanding that I was trying to point out, as many others in this thread have also said, that the matrix system is needlessly convoluted. I also threw in my personal experience with magic which is that the more complicated parts, which is basically just astral combat, is rarely encountered in my games. Therefor we mostly ignore it until it comes up as a result of player actions.

Also
>driving mechanics
>in anyway relevant to the majority of gameplay
Only if you love chase scenes or purposefully make driving a large part of your game.
>>
>>50767865
IIRC Shadowsea isn't used anymore. Most use Jackpoint now. But that may just be the hardcore 'runners. While they seem to change the fluff around Jackpoint quite a bit, it seems to require one of two things:
>invitation by a Jackpoint member
>hack your way in and you earn a place
That said, it isn't very anonymous.

>>50767962
Do these work with roll20?

>>50768120
>cities go under siege
Rare. Usually requires corps or gov't intervention to put a city under siege. I honestly can't think of a single situation where it was as you described.

>Warlord taking over
lel, no. Would never happen in Seattle. You have countless runners who would fight plus all of the drones the corps could put up and that is before you consider the gov'ts. Oh, and you have to consider non-metahuman beings also, such as spirits and dragons. Basically, a major center that any corp, gov't, or powerful non-metahuman (as in dragon, powerful spirit, or so on) doesn't care about is at risk, but if it's important in any way, it probably isn't major.
>>
>>50768178
they only got 50 users.

What happened to Shadowsea?
>>
>>50768134
Well aint that just the pot calling the kettle black?

Trust me, I get that the matrix and astral combat (and driving, and reloading and SO MUCH ELSE) is needlessly complicated in Shadowrun.

That much should be obvious, seeing as how I'm trying to simplify it and exploring other systems.

But to gut the mechanics entirely to where hacking and matrix actions are simple skill rolls, to where the secondary worlds are only used in the rarest of terms... that's cutting out like half the fiction of the world.

Not to mention that's giving a lot more importance to street sams and the like, reducing the cool factor of the other classes.

You be you, that's fine, obv. But I think we see the world very differently here. But at least we both know the SYSTEM is what needs changing.
>>
>>50768178
I dunno, I think krotax could get the runners working for him if he had sufficient warlord gold.
>>
>NAN doesn't exist because the US of A (rightfully) crushes those puny terrorists
What changes in the setting, if anything?
>>
>>50768178
>Do these work with roll20?
I never used Roll20, so I have no idea.
They are plain, transparent background .png files, if that helps.
>>
>>50768187
>that's cutting out like half the fiction of the world.
So what? In the grand majority of games (aka the 5-15 session rule) you're just shooting up gangsters. Even afterwards, Astral barely ever fucking comes up aside from assessing. The Matrix is a total mess and, even now, has the fundamental error of forgetting to account for other players.

>classes
No. Besides, it's a lot cooler, in my opinion, to just speedily hack and move on instead of a snore-inducing quest where everybody else twiddles their thumbs.

>the system
The fluff is based off of justifying the mechanics in the first place. Shadowrun's a total fucking mess all over.
>>
>>50767665

How much for the cars?
>>
Gentlemen, how do we fix Shadowrun?
>>
>>50768187
Alright. I'll say this once. I am way too lazy and WAY too drunk to hold your hand while I explain the subtleties of my houserules. Suffice to say, it is a reflection of how my group works and what they want. I am glad that you finally realized that I was pointing out that this is how my group works and our experiences with the system.

Now what I recommend is that you put on your big boy pants and modify the rules to your liking. Consult your players as part of it. After this, if you find the system can't handle what you want, then you need to put on your adult pants and either:
>Convert stats and so on to another system
>Create your own system
The second option is surprisingly easy.

Yes, I still think you're an idiot who assumes too much about how I houserule things.

>>50768188
Maybe, but you'd still have all the corps, gov't goons, and non-metahuman entities to contend with.
>>
>>50768268
Take it away from Catalyst, preferably without it falling into the hand of neckbeards who'll rewind it back 3rd ed.
>>
>>50768268
You don't, really. Shadowrun is a product of its time, the 80s, and there are still embarrassing traces of that etched into its very core, like the aforementioned NAN and the straight-outta-Captain-Planet Toxic Spirits(that cut off so many interesting potentials, like a Nuclear Shaman who loves the Sun and takes the fight to Vampires in favor of simple villainy), that if you tried to remove them people would whine (like the removal of decks in 4e). It's still pretty neat at times, but I would say that if you wanted to 'fix' it, you might as well just make your own setting with magic and tech floating around together.
>>
>>50768298
>taking Shadowrun away from a corrupt, insidious company that abuses its freelancer employees with liberal abandon
But that's half the charm of 5e!
>>
>>50768222

I agree with the end of that first paragraph for SURE. My biggest problem with the system, bar none.

The rest? I disagree on, but thanks for sharing anyhow.

>>50768286

Golly gee wiz, mister, you sure showed me. Sure glad I had a cool dude like you to show me the light. Jinkies.
>>
>>50766549
I have them; the nice thing is that they've got multiple layers for meat-space and digital, but you'll rapidly run into a problem where they're the only 'decent' maps you have.
>>50768268
Mechanically? Implement some kind of a flashback system like Blades in the Dark has, get rid of the HOURS AND GOD DAMNED HOURS OF WASTED PLANNING BECAUSE YOU FORGOT THE ONE THING I TOLD YOU AT THE START OF THE RUN YOU IDIOTS.
>>
>>50768337
>the rest I disagree on
I'm sure the guy who barely plays the game knows a lot compared to the guy who's actually played it and dealt with others experiences for reference as well. Know your goddamn place.
>>
>>50768351

Haha, you assume way too much. I've run the game with six different groups over the course of a dozen years.

I said my CURRENT GROUP doesn't like the crunch, fucko.

My previous post was trying to end amicably and thank you for your time, but this stupid alpha shit? Good god almighty, I feel for your players.
>>
>>50768375
>run it with six different groups over 12 years
>still can't figure out how to houserule for maximum fun
lel
>>
>>50768390

Fun's not what this question was about, mate. I've got lots of fun houserules for clunky players.

Asked for maximum fun on minimal crunch, thus asking about the rules lite.

But yknow, greentext away. Go play some more Overwatch.
>>
So how would you build a Titan Pilot from Titanfall in Shadowrun?

I was reading Rigger 5.0, and building the Titan seems simple enough: take a single-seat vehicle (probably one of the one-man minicars), give it the Secondary Propulsion: Walker modification, as much Standard Armor as you can, a few Weapon Mounts, a couple of Articulated Arms, and a decent Pilot program and some upgraded Sensors, and you're ready to rock and roll. My main complaint about it would be how weak the arms are - only Strength 4 for a Body 8 vehicle.

My main question is how to build the Pilot themselves? As far as I can tell, there's no real way to get a jetpack in 5e, and wall-running requires you to be a Physical Adept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlph_4wvF8s
>>
What sort of house rules would you use for speeding up Matrix interaction? Simple skill check, streamlining, etc.
>>
File: Authoritative Resolve.png (13KB, 539x314px) Image search: [Google]
Authoritative Resolve.png
13KB, 539x314px
>>50768346
Hi yekka, I'm a big fan of chummer. I noticed in version 5.187.0 that there's no adept power for "commanding voice", from street grimoire page 170, and costs 0.25 essence per level.

Instead there is something called "authoritative tone", which is also attributed to SG 170 but is not actually in that book at all. Also it costs 0.5 essence per level. Is it a separate power?
>>
>>50768326
For a more serious answer, I'm going to court controversy - Make it crunchier. Half the angst generated by the rule system comes from things being poorly designed and clarified. I can understand to certain extent, tracking every detail of a character's mundane living expenses would be a huge hassle and I'm happy enough wave that off, but there are important details that shadowrun just forgets, or half-mentions, but doesn't make their application clear. Like why does the system calculate a carrying capacity if nothing has a defined weight? Concealment modifiers are well and good but then items have poorly defined size classes, and of course stat averaging for cyberlimbs. 4e cyberlimbs were shitty but at least they were clear on how averaging your stats work.
>>
>>50768409
>wants maximum fun on minimal crunch
>But it's not about fun
lel
>>
>>50768467
Wouldn't you just add seating to a Neonet Juggernaught? Drone arms seem to be treated like cyberarms so can add enhanced in Str like a cyberlimb. (although that is in the oft ignored drone mod rules section that bit seems to carry over)
>>
File: butt.jpg (10KB, 138x155px) Image search: [Google]
butt.jpg
10KB, 138x155px
>>50767962
>badly named tokens

perfectly named tokens
>>
>>50768537
There's no lel, oversimplified mechanics that present no tactical options do not make for fun gameplay.
>>
>>50768577
Do I even want to know what you'd use that for?
>inb4 roll to hit it
>>
>>50768577
>perfectly named tokens
>.jpg says .png
>>
>>50762838
No.
Wired Reflexes 1 + 3 levels of reaction enhancers is fine though, especially if you pop some cram.
>>
>>50768589
Dude, stop feeding the trolls.
>>
Hey guys, I know hate springs eternal for the jackpoint characters, but I still love reading about them.

Which book details Kane rescuing Kat from the Aztlan camps?
>>
>>50768513
>Like why does the system calculate a carrying capacity if nothing has a defined weight?

I just realized, we could use OSR encumbrance to fix this
>divide carry capacity in pounds by 10 to decide how many encumbrance units you can carry without penalty. Probably will be like Str x 3.
>one-handed weapon or small/handheld item = 1/6th unit
>two-handed weapon or large item = 1 unit
>armor + shield + helmet = 1 unit per 6 points of armor?
>way too small (i.e. credstick, a coin) = counts as small item if it's a bundle
>uncertain? = eyeball the weight, 1 unit per 10 pounds approximately
>every 3 units over your encumbrance limit reduces your physical limit, agility, and reaction by 1

Something like that. Definitely puts an emphasis on strength, traveling light, and bringing only what you need for the job.
>>
>>50768511
Got renamed in the errata. Commanding Voice is in Shadow Spells instead.

Also, 5.187 is like two major versions behind.
>>
>>50768670
>pound

Please go

If you really want to implement weight that badly, just look up the corresponding weights of IRL Armor&weaponry&gear.

Implementing a homebrewn weight system shouldn't be done for one single reason:
Weight Systems in RPG universally SUCK DONKEYBALLS.

Humans can carry a lot more for a lot longer time than limpwristed neckbeards writing rules can imagine.
>>
>>50768576
>Wouldn't you just add seating to a Neonet Juggernaught?
I can't see any customization options for drones to give them any seats?
>>
>>50768691
While this is often true, I was more using it to illustrate the point that the game is a little wishy washy on weather it's crunchy or streamlined and tries to have it's cake and eat it too. If the game doesn't use item weights why does it have a specific carrying capacity? Between this and the shocking lack of editing it really speaks of a project without leadership or a firm guiding vision, built by a committee of underpaid freelancers who clearly do not talk to one another.
>>
>>50768767
Well, carrying/lifting as a rough approx on what you can move is usefull.

I'm totally with you on your analysis regarding the projects leadership though.
>>
>>50768745
The default is to use the vehicle rules in the Building the Perfect Beast to modify drones and Vehicles alike. And extra seats are on the body modifications list.
>>
>>50768776
At this point it seems well established, although I've admittedly never seen hard proof of the supposed malfeasance, you really just have to look at the books and compare them to 4e product to see all is not well. Combine that with the huge gap before the first 5ed core book and the first splats showed up and it becomes obvious that there were and still are serious internal problems with Catalyst.
>>
>>50768467
Son im proud of you. You have reached the point any rigger reaches, building a mech. Now you need to find out that secondary propulsion:walker is made of 4-8 tiny spider legs and that articulated arms are hilariously small.
>>
hey guys. Which 4th edition books cut off right before 2074? My GM sneakily had some of our players end up with jackpoint access due to their opening stories involving jackpoint members being the ones to introduce them to shadowrunning, and he wanted to give those guys the ability to say they'd read some of the actual posts on that site. So which books would be the hard cutoff point? I know stormfront is right out, and reading The Clutch of Dragons makes it too late as well. We're in December 2073 so I'd like to be clear where we are timeline wise.

Is ghostwalker vanished from Denver? That's where the game's being set, so trying to get a good idea of what the situation is in denver right now.
>>
>>50768832
I want to see such a thing rampaging through the city killing people.
>>
>>50768911
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlph_4wvF8s
>>
>>50768810
4th isn't an alternative either.

The editing is better, the underlying rules really aren't.
Hacking is complete garbage to a point where i'd simply exclude it from runs alltogether because >muh commlink derpity
4th also requires super carefull DM censorship in regards to what he allows in his games and what not, with the sheer amount of broken combos possible being way to high.
On 5e, by contrast, i can basically allow everything except for noisequitos and a handfull of shit on a case-by-case basis.
>>
Rating 4 fake SIN, or rating 2 fake SIN & extra ammo / gear?
>>
>>50769138
Kinda depends on who you're going to run against, omae. Generally speaking, the rank 4 fake SIN is a good investment, but it'll be overkill if you stick to the slums and the less regulated areas.
>>
>>50769138
Rating 4 Sin.

Grabbing ammo/gear on the play is usually not that hard, getting a proper R4 sin however can be difficult.

burned mine because we decided to grab some McGuffin in London by firing a grenade from an Ares Alpha in Central London, took an entire Run to get somebody to fix this problem
>>
>>50769053
Never claimed it was, but you can see a definite drop off in quality control. It's what makes 5e so frustrating it's clear that when it started there was an attempt to take what worked from 4e and refine it, especially in the core book the ideas are obvious, there just hasn't been any follow through and no oversight.
>>
>>50769562
Ah yeah.
I'll sign what you said.
And yeah, its super annoying.
luckily i have access to the kraut version where at least a few bits got fixed and the editing DID improve in the later books, but still ...
A lot of wasted potential
>>
>>50768691
I think it'd be helpful just because, as an american, I'm kinda confused as to the metric system. Is 20 kilos of plastic explosive a reasonable amount to put on a suicide vest? I don't know.
>>
>>50769783
You'd need one hell of a vest to hide all that extra bulk.
>>
>>50769783
Pound to Kilo is roughly 2:1 fyi.

Actually its 2.2 Pound = 1 Kilo, but 2:1 is close enough in almost all cases and is far easier to remember.
>>
Can you cast Punch (or other spell that require touch) through magic fingers?
>>
File: file.png (378KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
378KB, 400x500px
Fuck me, I forgot how awful the cover for Data Trails is.

>>50769973
No.
>>
>>50770034
Didn't you (or another guy) replace the original cover with an older pic in the PDF that is hanging around?
>>
>>50768253
70k for the whole lot split 6 ways.
>>
File: file.png (562KB, 564x822px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
562KB, 564x822px
>>50770053
Not quite, that cover isn't official Shadowrun art. Actually that reminds me, I should really swap the Rigger one for something nicer.
>>
>>50770034
Aside from the core book (sorta, if you drive by someone holding the book) the cover art has been absolute shite.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 880x1100px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 880x1100px
>>50770172
Mmm. Hard Targets is probably the only bit of cover art I've actually LIKED, but I like the framing of Cutting Aces. The new Street Grimoire cover isn't... Terrible, per se.
>>
>>50770188
At least it gets the idea of what the bookis about across. There's a magic-user wearing modern clothes casting a spell on the cover.
>>
>>50770107
Just use the Cover that was made for the DataTrails PDF in the Pastebin. Looks really good.
>>
>>50770188
Cutting Aces is pretty fucking good
>>
>>50770220
Yeah, that's more or less the plan. Got annoyed trying to fix shapeshifters and qi foci so I'm working on some presentation-layer stuff instead.
>>
Oï, got a problem with chummer, it just won't show the magical active skills, any idea what I might've done wrong?
>>
File: 1481068693994.jpg (256KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1481068693994.jpg
256KB, 900x1200px
>>50770279
Dude, you are fucking insane.
Please take this as a compliment though.

Another thing:

I finally was able to get the data for the additonal Guns from the first german Schattenhandbuch (I am the same guy who posted the ones from the second book on the srg months ago).
How exactly do i create a new book so that chummer recognizes it as a new one to take stuff from?

I know that there is already an entry for the schattenhandbuch 1, but that only contains the cars, not the guns and since I am in the process of going over files, i might create a german version of the Rigger 5 book, seeing as that had quite a few changes in it. I'll have a bit of time between Christmas and new years eve so hopefully I'll be able to tackle it there.
>>
>>50770418
Are you a magician or adept? Have you burned out?
>>50770439
Make a file called custom_books.xml in /data, make a root node for <chummer></chummer>, copy a book node from the existing books.xml, replace the ID field with a new GUID from guidgenerator.com, make a new book code, bob's more or less your uncle.
>>
>>50770465
Magician, took magic Rank A
>>
Can't even see the skills I took with A priority
>>
>>50768346
>Implement some kind of a flashback system
Every heist game should have this.
>>
>>50770465
Thanks

>bob's more or less your uncle

wat

t. not a native english speaker
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 3358x631px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 3358x631px
>>50770497
>>50770509
Hrmmmm. What version are you on? Can you upload your file somewhere?

>>50770525
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob's_your_uncle
>tl;dr 'It's easy!'
>>
>>50770188
>>50770219
It just makes me tired that CGL has been so bad for so long, that people are now almost cheering them fucking up less.
>>
>>50770577
> What version are you on?
> Can you upload your file somewhere?
Guess so, gimme a sec, but the most likely scenario is I messed up the controls since my character has the Mage quality and should therefore access to those skills
>>
>>50770624
Hey, it's one tiny step in the right direction. Would it have been better if they fucked up even more?
>>
>>50770641
It's more that there was a brief window in which I kinda didn't add the necessary improvements for magicians to receive their skills properly. If you update to the latest build (5.189.0) it should be resolved, but you may need to Reapply Improvements in the Special menu.
>>50770624
It's sort of making the best of a bad lot, unfortunately. There's no real guarantee that anyone else could take over the Shadowrun licence with any real success and nothing else I've played really satisfies the itch.
>>
>>50770746
Well now chummer crashes upon loading
>>
>>50770788
Is there an error message? It might not be loading your character roster properly, but I thought I'd cleared that up.
>>
I redownloaded the whole program from the link in the thread, still no sign of MAG skills. Updated it. Still no Magical Active Skills.
>>
>>50770801
Didn't see any error message but I sent in a report if that helps
>>
>>50770830
Did you pay the 5 Dollars for the Awakened DLC?
>>
>>50770624
>>50770746

Funnily enough, the older editions hadn't been much fun either.

Was going through old (1st, 2nd Ed) books a while ago for some research on fluff.
The background they painted was super awesome, incredibly well written, you'd instantly want to jump in and play instead of vomitting from the self-insert MarySue circlejerking that is going on in nowadays shadowtalk.

The rules however?
Try building a Streetsam in 2ed and see how little you can actually cram into yourself before you run out of Essence (which hurt a lot more back in the day).
Absolutely NOT fun to play.

Gimme the old FASA fluxx with more coherent 5ed Rules and all would be gold
>>
>>50770847
Hush you, monetisation doesn't kick in until 2017.
>>50770830
Hit Reapply Improvements in the Special menu, see if that helps. If not, send the file to [email protected] and I'll fix it up in around... seven hours or so.
>>
>>50770869
It worked! Thanks
>>
>>50770869
So, I clicked "update Chummer", and when the program closed, now it won't open. It just gives the error message "The given key was not present in the dictionary" in the Chummer5 Crash Reporter window.
>>
>>50768467
You should just add a Rigger Cocoon to one of the anthroform drones instead. I'd suggest a Neonet Juggernaut. The fact that you can only upgrade their arms to a maximum of Agility 4 is punishing, but it makes up for it with how high you can crank the armor and strength.
>>
>>50769197
>getting a proper R4 sin however can be difficult
How so? It's Availability 12, so you can just roll up and buy it from your friendly neighborhood mafioso. Everyone knows someone who can hook you up with a SIN.

The only hard part is how absurdly expensive it is.
>>
>>50771122
>add a Rigger Cocoon to one of the anthroform drones
My character's 'power armor' is a Direktionssekretar with fully-upgraded limbs and a bunch of metahuman armor both worn and further attached with a series of locking clasps. He climbs in Iron Man-style where he Jumps In with a physical cable, his meat body protected within.

It can't fly, but with Rating 6 Hydraulic Jacks it doesn't need to.
>>
I don't get how Witness My Hate works.
What's the use of getting +2 damage and +2 drain if you can merely just cast the spell at a higher force like everyone else does?
>>
>>50771499
because it means you have ALWAYS the equivalent of 2 extra successes
having a 2 higher force just means that you have the CHANCE to use 2 extra successes
it's more equivalent with getting 6 extra dice, except that these only do 2 hits on average, not always
>>
Does anyone know what 4e book the orgy/orgasm spells come from?

Asking for a friend
>>
>>50771499
It's for Direct Damage Spells. It turns the damage code for a Force Bolt into Net Hits+2 instead of Net Hits. Normally, increasing the Force (and Drain) only increases your Limit.

What's more, it lets you keep the Limit lower, when accidentally rolling too many hits and turning the Drain Physical is a serious risk.
>>
>>50771617
Street Magic p 171
>>
>>50768609
I can't afford that, essence-wise.
>>
>>50770107
I dunno, I think it's pretty cute and appropriate.
>>
Reading on Dunkelzahn I started wondering. Was he the coolest dude to ever live in the shittines of the sixth world ?
>>
>>50772161
In his own way.
>>
>>50772161
>making a deal with a dragon
No.
>>
>>50767665
so wait you were naked but visible?
>>
>>50772262
Yes, naked and visible.
>>
>>50767665
>I know you're not supposed to steal cars to make a quick buck in shadowrun
I'm playing a former car thief with a chop shop contact. He doesn't steal cars en masse, but when he can jack a ride with good resale value during the escape and then sell it to his contact for a solid bonus, he does every time.

That's what that junior executive gets for treating himself to a Eurocar Westwind.
>>
>>50772292
>That's what that junior executive gets for treating himself to a Eurocar Westwind.
A Westwind is like standard for a junior executive, a real "treat" would be a SAAB or something.
>>
>>50772288
as a prank or did someone flub a roll?
>>
>>50772332
Low logic, low intelligence. Clearly when someone casts invisibility on you, your clothes don't turn invisible.

When you break line of sight, you become visible.

Except they are stupid as hell.
>>
>>50772360
I've seen worse character flaws. If nothing else you get props for playing it through.

Did they turn your clothes invisible or just convince you to strip?
>>
>>50772407
Character just took their clothes off and went on the job once they were invisible. There was no convincing.
>>
File: 1476864209740.jpg (173KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1476864209740.jpg
173KB, 720x540px
>>50772423
lewd
>>
>>50772458
Still incapacitated 9 people without firing a shot or taking any damage.
>>
>>50768691
I'd rather use my favorite simplified inventory system than spend my days converting metric weights to imperial, guessing the exact weight of every science-fantasy gadget in the book (what does a smartgun system weigh?), and then make my players keep adding and subtracting the pound-weight of every bullet and credstick that passes through their hands like a group of human spreadsheets.
>>
>>50773052
New thread.
Thread posts: 364
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.