[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Technocracy Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 8

File: Panopticon2.jpg (65KB, 494x319px) Image search: [Google]
Panopticon2.jpg
65KB, 494x319px
I want to run a Technocracy themed game of Mage: The Ascension. The player's characters will be mid-level members of Convention-controlled government agencies or corporations, unaware of the paradigm, static reality or the timetable. But, for whatever reason, they've begun awakening and showing promise that's caught the attention of Control.

The players get approached separately, given offers of a job at DARPA, as procedure auditors and investigators - their job to go an gather information for their employer about old DARPA projects, evaluate the readiness of new ones, and generally investigate mysteries.

It's the X-files/Fringe, but with a Mage twist.

I want to know if you fa/tg/uys have any cool Technocracy hooks or just plots that you love. Every few sessions is going to be an 'episode' that will hopefully be a self-contained story, and advance each character's meta-plot just a bit as they discover what they really are, and what they're really doing.

Also, anything about the Technocracy that you like, or get inspired by. This is one of my favorites:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuBe93FMiJc&t=35s
>>
Some episode ideas I have so far :

- - - - - -

Y2K non-compliant facility has been in a time loop for 16 years, constantly resetting back to 1900. The Town around the facility has been purchased and completely evacuated. The facility is surrounded by a tractor-dug ‘moat’ that severs all telecommunications. They are sent in to evaluate the facility, to ensure that the building has no contact with the outside network. Weird time loops happen. Groundhog day. Control has two theories... either it's been in a time loop for 16 years or... it's technically been in a time loop forever. Find out which.

- - - - -
Fed-Ex plane flying from Australia to Los Angeles, crossing the international dateline, disappeared from radar in 1989. It’s suddenly reappeared, landed safely at LAX but it’s beaten and battered, and the door is sealed shut. The team is sent to investigate the plane and it’s contents, and check to see if it’s cargo is still intact. The cargo is some item of importance, otherwise they would destroy the plane and be done with it. The entire mission is a dungeon-crawl through a tightly packed cargo plane, event horizon style. Find out where the plane has been all this time.

- - - - - -
A test facility needs to have it’s annual review, procedures and processes analyzed. The test facility is actually an entire small town in Colorado, and the people who live there are the uninformed test subjects. Some of them may be Kinfolk, who don’t know that the technocracy is experimenting on them. The local office is being ineptly run, and needs a change in management, to be decided by the players.
>>
File: Ballistics_by_Minnhagen.jpg (297KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
Ballistics_by_Minnhagen.jpg
297KB, 500x708px
>>
>>50744083
Sounds like youve really got something there. Pity im all full up on games for over the holidays.

Here have a bump.
>>
File: 1426360228918.png (513KB, 792x639px) Image search: [Google]
1426360228918.png
513KB, 792x639px
>>
File: assignment.jpg (203KB, 1000x685px) Image search: [Google]
assignment.jpg
203KB, 1000x685px
>>
File: UmbraHorizons.jpg (277KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
UmbraHorizons.jpg
277KB, 1000x700px
>>
File: Technocracy1939.jpg (49KB, 512x533px) Image search: [Google]
Technocracy1939.jpg
49KB, 512x533px
The party is sent on loan to the Canadian government, to audit an oil-drilling site on aboriginal land. There have been reports of spillage and seepage into the local wildlife and people from the nearby Native American community have begun to lodge formal complains as well as missing persons reports.

The oil is actually essence of the Wyrm, and it's corrupting the wildlife, and there are some Black Spiral Dancers there to fight.
>>
File: Pleniere.jpg (6MB, 3443x2282px) Image search: [Google]
Pleniere.jpg
6MB, 3443x2282px
>>
File: symbol7.jpg (282KB, 724x432px) Image search: [Google]
symbol7.jpg
282KB, 724x432px
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.