[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was asked to join a rather short (we are talking about 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

So I was asked to join a rather short (we are talking about 3 or 4 sessions) Symbaroum campaign, and being a forever GM I practically leapt at the chance to play for once even though I didn't know much about the system itself. I don't really like rules light systems, but the lore at least seems intriguing. Educate me, /tg/, is this game worth it?
>>
>>50738804
>inb4 "stop shilling the indie game I don't like OP!"
>>
>>50738804
I have not played it so I can't give you any advice, but after its over you should come and tell us about it, because it's a game I kinda want to try out and I'm curious.
>>
>>50738857
Will surely deliver. So far the party is composed of an hilariously arrogant human knight, some kinda noble religious human zealot chick, a human barbarian shaman and my tree-wielding orc lady, first session is scheduled to be after christmas.
>>
>>50738815
There seems to be a huge amount of new systems compared to a few years go. But personally I glance over them usually find them lacking in substance.

>>50738913
>some kinda noble
Speaking of, how's the character creation? Are there any parts of the lore you like or dislike?
>>
>>50738931
It is classless, althougj you have some prebuilt exhamples to help you through, and pretty flexible. Races matter very little, basically you are either a human (more money and socialite skills/ minor nature skills) or a goblin/ogre (no money but strong starting skill) or a changeling (change forms but people think you are a weirdo). None gives you any stat increase unless you level up an ogre exclusive thing to be bigger. Then you get 50 xp to buy what is the equivalent of dnd5 feats, which are more of a "you are now better at X" then " youbare now allowed to do X", aside for the most crafty stuff like alchemy. Eah feat has 3 levels which cost 10, 20 and 30 xp. You have nine stats and they go from 5 to 15, and only one can go to 15, also rising them is pretty xp heavy. No skills, just roll on stat, craftier stuff like ancient lore is handled by feats. Ife points are very low and if you take too much damage from a single blow it fucks you up. Magic fucks you up, too, every time you cast corruption ensues and you have very low corruption capability.
Lore is like "shit is mysterious". No one knows where orcs come from, not even orcs. Goblins wanna die in the spooky forest where elves live and they don't know why. The only events that are rather detalied are those that led the standard human empire to piss off a bunch of necros who fucked their land up so bad they had to flee north, toward spooky forest, where they proceeded to bully barbarians into gettin the fuck away. Basically the game seems to revolve around exploring the spooky woods.
>>
>>50739065
Hmm, so we're talking a germanic woodlands FATE style game?

Sounds like it's going to demand a pretty creative GM to make interesting stuff for the players, if there's not much in the way of different builds.

How about items and stuff?
>>
>>50739097
Items are pretty bare bones, being a Shadowrun vet I find it almost insulting. The weapon section is much more of a guideline than anyone else (as I said, i am using a fucking tree as a weapon apparently ), you gotta use feats (which are like, 20 or so) to rise those weapon/ armor rates.
Yeah I had the same impression, the game puts even the gm in the condition of not knowing all about the setting, which basically means he has to be very creative.
>>
>>50739146
>being a Shadowrun vet
Yeah, I really enjoy an extensive armory of items and skills to work creatively into stuff or mod for inspiration. Even better that a lot of the rules/fluff sections to be honest.

That's something I believe rules-light stuff really lacks.

But yeah, do you know what kind of game your GM is planning? (And if he or she is solid in the imagination/simulation department?)
>>
>>50739174
Told you, the whole premise of this game seems to be that there is some very valuable ancient stuff in the forest and everyone wants in, so you gotta find someone who pays your entry fee since the kingdom is putting taxes on adventuring. Mages want artifacts to lord over other mages (apparently mages hierarchy is done and gone after the war), treasure hunters want money, orcs want to discover why they pop out randomly of the spooky woods with no memories but ingrained sets of skills.
>>
>>50739197
>>50739065
So it is basically murderhobo quest with DEEPEST LORE?
>>
>>50739202
Pretty much.
>>
>>50739197
>Told you, the whole premise of this game seems to be that there is some very valuable ancient stuff in the forest
But I mean, that's what your GM plans to run? There's treasure huntin', then there's BBEG stuff, then there's 'lovecraftian meatgrinder'.

>>50739202
Could be an interesting 'battle royale in the woods' game. But it's like, Norse FATE, so I wonder how interesting combat will be.

Could at least turn out like Conan, with tons of dark pacts and corruption everywhere!
>>
>>50739278
As far as I have seen the magic system is all about that shit. Every cast nets you corruption,, which goes away at a rate of one point every 10 minutes. Learning spells though, is liable of giving you permanent corruption which is both physical and mental.
Also apparently priests of the sun god can set themselves on fire to literally burn the corruption away.
>>
>>50739455
Interesting. Is it the 'fun' kind of corruption? Or the "your character now sucks" kind of corruption?

Any odinoid lovecraftian horrors to visit? Perils of the warp?
>>
>>50739487
It is the now you are a monster, eveyone roll initiative! kind. Basically, you have a preset number of corruption limit, it goes by you willpower-equivalent stat. The more you have the more the shadow you project in the astral goes from white to black, and the more your body and mind are warped. Past the limit, you become a monster, which apparently is some sort of plague eveyone is scared about, especially wizards who go to great lenght to avoid it, like prepping a philactery to store their corruption or putting it in their familiars and then gutting the poor critters.. I don't know how it works mechanically, but I read around the internet that once a party was wiped by their beast of burden who accidentally ate grass in a corrupted zone.
>>
Don't really like the rules, you've mentioned, that much, but the artwork is pretty.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.