[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Degenesis worth the huge price tag?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Is Degenesis worth the huge price tag?
>>
>>50735739
Doesn't look like it. Very STALKERish. But then, I'm jaded and bitter. So maybe someone else knows the system better.
>>
>>50735739
If you like the very pretty artwork, yes.
Otherwise, no.

The rules seem solid, but character creation can be confusing.
The setting is great, but falls down in some small places, like its naïve Euro-based treatment of Africa.
Otherwise, I am entirely in love with it.
I just wish I could convince people to play it to give it a test run.
>>
>>50735739
I FUCKING LOVE Degenesis. It's really neato. One of my favorite settings.
>>
>>50735739
no, the system is super barebones and the character creation really rubbed me the wrong way
>>
>>50735739
It's barely worth half of the price. And that's assuming you like this type of games and the crunch suits you.
>>
>>50735739
The art is nice and the setting is as fresh as you can get in this day and age where everything was seen before. Rules are much like WoD - not so much mechanic wise, but they have the same feel - in the sense that if you play narrative game you won't need 90% of them anyway and if you try to play rules heavy game they fall apart.
>>
>>50735739
>Is Degenesis worth the huge price tag?
No, sadly it isn't. I do like Degenesis though, and if you want to play it you could try the PDF thread, they got it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.