[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working Title: Maximum Edge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1465713463880.png (284KB, 639x685px) Image search: [Google]
1465713463880.png
284KB, 639x685px
I'm working on a concept for a villain and could use some feedback on this asshat. Most likely system is pathfinder.

>Villain is a Vampire Lord
>Creates ritual to bind himself to the blood of all individuals of his former race (either Human or Elf)
>Now whenever he dies, he respawns in the blood of a pseudorandom person and takes them over
>Pseudorandom because he never gets someone in direct sunlight or otherwise in a dangerous situation for him
>No longer needs to feed because he siphons an imperceptible amount of blood from everyone
>Remains at max power constantly because of this
>Is capable of activating the respawn manually to foil most capture methods or to emergency teleport
>Ritual was Artifact level so the respawn (and ONLY the respawn) is unaffected by mortal level antimagic and dispels
>Has normal vampire abilities and weaknesses otherwise

He'd be an annoying jerk who claims that the only way to kill him is to kill every [Human/Elf delete appropriate] on the planet, but in reality still has a vulnerability to soul trapping and hopping to a plane without his pet race and killing him there.

Any suggestions on how to make him more annoying (to make his permanent end more satisfying) or ways to kill him I may have missed? As far as characterization goes, I'm thinking he'd be a complete edgelord that constantly goes on and on about how he's the shadow of the race and will always exist as long as their evil does. May or may not wield katanas made of blood, I dunno yet.
>>
>>50732983
>Not having him wear super dark clothes with spikes on them.
Yeah you missed a few.
>Not having him cut himself to show his enemies how "cool" he is
>Not having him die and say "I am the darkness and darkness is forever"
>Not giving him a ass kissing sidekick that is just as edgy but can actually die.
>>
In order to trap him, you need a blood ritual where you sacrifice a priest to the vampire gods, then disembowl the priest mid transformation on a blood moon. That way the entrails can come alive and tell you the vampire lords edgy childhood secrets.
>>
>>50736084
>"The entrails, they move! We've sacrificed much to get this far, tell us the Vampire Lord's secret!"
>The entrails gurgle, "He watches Hellsing. The anime."
>>
>>50736697
I laughed so hard im gonna tell my best friend who introduced me to hellsing (and edgelords) this tomorrow.

Im still smiling. Like the intestines shape into a mouth and just lazily say it.
>"He watches hellsing..."
>>
File: Remilia.Scarlet.full.892688.jpg (90KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Remilia.Scarlet.full.892688.jpg
90KB, 800x800px
>>50732983
I might be in your campaign but I'm not 100% sure. You're basing this around that one Mythic path from the Lost Spheres right?

Anyway, ways to make more annoying

Has minor control/scrying on those with his blood. Meaning whenever the party comes across a new Elf/Human they have to be careful. To make matters worse (or better) make important NPCs the appropriate race.

Throw in a weakness where killing those with direct blood relation to him may cripple him for a time. Don't reveal this to the party until they become friends with the Simon Belmont/Alucard-esq NPC that wants to aid the party in killing their father, the Vampire

Other than that remember Insubstantial and Incorporeal are two very different things, and could save/end your life either way, this is important when party members pull things like Path of War into the mix.

I'm actually working on a feral ancestor of all vampires NPC/Monster too so any advice would be great
>>
>>50737207
Same guy, for extra EDGE and PROFOUND SADNESS have the Vampire place a curse on his bloodline so that "None related to him may harm him" so the Heir/heiress doesn't just go out in a blaze of glory, but they have to die via Assisted Suicide from the party
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.