[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

criticize my inventory system 1/2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: inventory.png (460KB, 2544x3296px) Image search: [Google]
inventory.png
460KB, 2544x3296px
criticize my inventory system
1/2
>>
File: inventory2.png (542KB, 2544x3296px) Image search: [Google]
inventory2.png
542KB, 2544x3296px
>>50731595
>>
Unless you're autistic, which you are, that shit never matters.
>>
>>50731663
what if I have 9 players and I can't track how much shit everyone is carrying, so bullshit like rogues with 4 greatswords and a platemail in their backpack crawling trough very tight spaces happens in my games, when I want it to be a considered factor?
>>
>>50731595
Way too many slots.
No one is going to carry that many different items in a realistic setting unless you count every single marble individually. In an unrealistic setting, who cares?

You can do it quite simply:
Have the players describe how they are carrying it. If they can't tell you where it fits on their body or in their backpack, they can't carry it.
If they are trying to use their hand to open a door but you know they are already holding their shield in that hand, you can softly remind them.
>>
>>50731780
fair point, but the problem of 9 players still comes up. Trust me, a GM is far less involved on the individual level when there are so many players, and bullshittery will come up eventually about the shit they carry. I wouldn't be making this if it was a matter of two or three players.

In nay case, I will try this out on the next session, and see how it works. If it's shit I'll dump it.
>>
>>50731722
Then kick out the problem players dipshit. Avoiding platemail and infinite inventories is as easy as saying "let me see your character sheet" at the start of each session. If they hide their sheet that means they're cheating.
>>
>>50732068
It's more about keeping track of their shit during the game that's the problem, from the loot they get.
>>
>>50732121
So how would you solve it?
>Oh you picked up one pound over your max inventory? I'll just remove items until you're back at standard, starting with the most valuable first. These items disappear.
>>
>>50732121
Changing the inventory layout won't change shit. Cheaters will cheat regardless if there is a specific inventory slot for magic toenails or not. Who is gonna stop them from throwing a bastard sword in their pocket slot and hiding their sheet from view?
>>
>>50732335
>>50732360
it's not a matter of cheaters, but more about inexperienced players and the new generation of players thinking of inventory in abstracts from too many videogames.

>>50732335
I'd have them take fatigue damage fairly quickly as they did things, being over the max limmit, until they fell from exhaustion.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.