[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of 40k Homebrew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: primarchs.jpg (254KB, 1000x769px) Image search: [Google]
primarchs.jpg
254KB, 1000x769px
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4wN-6BdRhC5UThhU255VE9WMzA

Looking for feedback other than
>BTFO faggot
>You're a moron
>AoS sucks don't turn 40k into that
>40k sucks don't bring that shit into mah AoS
>>
And people wonder why I post it in the 40k General thread
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (18KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
18KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>50728064
Okay. Mortal wounds would simplify things if you brought them back. GW made points use them as a reference for your points. The it unbalanced my calculations is a lazy cop out.

Template weapons should be pick target within range x, deal d3 or d6 wounds. This is simple, easy to understand, and fits with how things work in the rule set you are convert from.

Unstrike the rule for units only containing models from their war scroll. That is an intentional developmental point.

Screening rules would serve you better, give a +1 to save if a shot has to cross over a model from another unit to get to this model.

Invul saves now become saves vs Mortal wounds, similar to how Ward Saves were effected.

Average game size will likely be much fewer points as well. Idea is to lower barrier to entry not keep it the same. Consider reducing to 1000 points.
>>
>>50731214
Furthermore I am looking at the stateliness for the Chaos lord and his weapons. I do not see how you moved the points around to balance the bolt pistol, Plasma Pistol, and Combi. Please explain your math.

Same thing with Chaos Lord Melee weapons. All these should add up to the same amount (treating rend values as absolute values)
>>
>>50731372
All Chaos Marks should be roughly equal, in bonus none should give better than any other. Though each should give it's own advantage fluffy to the god, or no bonus, in the chase of sorcerers and a few others, but allow them to have the keyword for army comp bonuses.
>>
>>50731452
All the work for you was done for Demon Prince, as well as all of demons. Points are found in Generals Handbook, and Scrolls in Grand Alliance Chaos, including the Soul Grinder.
>>
Finally got out of characters and into units. Your CSM unit is miss priced. See Generals Handbook.
Price for the base unit (5 marines) players can add 5 more for the points cost of the first 5. Do not price per model. Again your weapons are all out of wack.
>>
>>50731670
Again your flamer is listed as +4 hit +4 wound. this should be
Name range Attacks Hit Wound rend damage
Flamer 8" 1 --See Below-- - d6
Flamer: Flames spit gouts of flame at the enemy without discrimination, lighting them on fire. This weapon deals d6 wounds to a unit in range. Units who gain a bonus to save from cover do not gain this bonus against this weapon.

A flamer should not be rolling to hit.
>>
I'm really starting to question if you just don't understand the design concessions of Age of, or if you are just trying to avoid them. Have you looked at/read generals handbook or played Age of Sigmar?
>>
>Okay. Mortal Wounds would simplify things if you brought them back. GW made points use them as a reference for your points. The it unbalanced my calculations is a lazy cop out.

Yah it kinda is. The more this gets brought up the more I realise I just don't like the mechanic.

>Template weapons should be pick target within range x, deal d3 or d6 wounds. This is simple, easy to understand, and fits with how things work in the rule set you are convert from.

Yah, I'll change flamers to Auto hit and move the wounds to shots for all template and blast weapons I think.

>Unstrike the rule for units only containing models from their war scroll. That is an intentional developmental point.

That will mean removing or significantly changing Honour guard, Command Squads, Tyrant guard, Tau drones, and a host of other things. I'll consider it.

>Screening rules would serve you better, give a +1 to save if a shot has to cross over a model from another unit to get to this model.

Could work, or something like characters can't be shot while within 3" of a unit or something.

>Average game size will likely be much fewer points as well. Idea is to lower barrier to entry not keep it the same. Consider reducing to 1000 points.

Yah, that was mostly just to point out that things were going to come with points. I can change it.

>Furthermore I am looking at the stateliness for the Chaos Lord and his weapons. I do not see how you moved the points around to balance the bolt pistol, Plasma Pistol, and Combi. Please explain your math.

BP: (1*1*5*3*1.5*1)/6 = 3.75
PP: (1*1*5*5*2*1)/6 = 8.333
CB: (1*4*5*3*1.5*1)/6= 15

The two pistols also get 2 pts for granting a melee attack.
>>
>All Chaos Marks should be roughly equal, in bonus none should give better than any other. Though each should give it's own advantage fluffy to the god, or no bonus, in the chase of sorcerers and a few others, but allow them to have the keyword for army comp bonuses.

No, they should be balanced for their points costs.

>All the work for you was done for Demon Prince, as well as all of demons. Points are found in Generals Handbook, and Scrolls in Grand Alliance Chaos, including the Soul Grinder.

I'm trying to create my own balance not necessarily based on AoS. Though Daemons is the army that came close to matching the actual AoS points when run through my point calculation.

>Price for the base unit (5 marines) players can add 5 more for the points cost of the first 5. Do not price per model.

No. Variable squad size is not something I'm getting rid of.

>I'm really starting to question if you just don't understand the design concessions of Age of, or if you are just trying to avoid them. Have you looked at/read generals handbook or played Age of Sigmar?

Yes and Yes. This is not necessarily an attempt to mimic AoS completely more to guess at what a kind of merger between AoS and 40k would look like.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.